To give happiness is to deserve happiness.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

SubjectAuthor
* Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LearniUbiquitous
+- Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeBTR1701
`* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeNoBody
 +* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeYour Name
 |`* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Leshawn
 | +- Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeYour Name
 | `- Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Leanim8rfsk
 `* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeUbiquitous
  `* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Leanim8rfsk
   `* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeUbiquitous
    `* Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Leanim8rfsk
     `- Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And LeUbiquitous

1
Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<uvomhu$1lc8m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222494&group=rec.arts.tv#222494

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Subject: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:32:29 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:32 UTC

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several
months after she was let go from the channel�s reality cooking competition
series, �Kids Baking Championship.�

�I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing
ITK [in the kitchen] shows,� the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media
app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray�s show �30-Minute Meals,� Ina Garten of
�Barefoot Contessa� fame, and �Giada at Home� star Giada De Laurentiis
specifically.

�I learned so much. It�s sad it�s not about cooking and learning any longer.
Oh well, that�s just business, folks.�

Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
Schotland. She wrote, �I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember
those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking
competition show.�

Bertinelli previously hosted a Food Network cooking show, �Valerie�s Home
Kitchen,� from 2015 until 2023. She also hosted �Kids Baking Championship�
for 12 seasons before unexpectedly not being invited back in January, which
at the time she said, �really hurt my feelings.�

�It really sucks,� she said in a lengthy video post at the time.

She went on to describe how she was on the show during her �apex year of
hell� as she was going through a divorce from Tom Vitale.

�Like I was going through it and pretending everything was just fine, because
that�s what you do,� she said of filming season 12.

�And, without sounding like a drama queen, the show saved my life. Working
with all those really wonderful people and feeling productive and knowing I
could spread some kindness and not just wallow in my hell and just try to
keep my head above water, it helped me, it was like a flotation device,�
Bertinelli continued. �So it really hurts that I won�t be able to go back and
see everybody and say �Hey, I made it through, hi!��

�And to all the bakers that are coming in for the new season, even though I
won�t be there, I�ll be there with you in spirit and I just want you to
remember this: You are there for a reason. You�re some of the best bakers in
America right now. And if you don�t make it to the next round, please always
remember this, it�s not because you�re not a good baker, you just had a bad
day,� she concluded.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<atropos-25F2F0.12172417042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222533&group=rec.arts.tv#222533

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:17:24 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:17 UTC

In article <uvomhu$1lc8m$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several
> months after she was let go from the channel's reality cooking competition
> series, KIDS BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP.
>
> "I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing
> ITK [in the kitchen] shows," the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media
> app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray's show 30-MINUTE MEALS, Ina Garten of
> BAREFOOT CONTESSA fame, and GIADA AT HOME star Giada De Laurentiis
> specifically.
>
> "I learned so much. It's sad it's not about cooking and learning any longer.
> Oh well, that's just business, folks."
>
> Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
> Schotland. She wrote, "I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember
> those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking
> competition show."
>
> Bertinelli previously hosted a Food Network cooking show, VALERIE'S HOME
> KITCHEN, from 2015 until 2023. She also hosted KIDS BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP
> for 12 seasons before unexpectedly not being invited back in January, which
> at the time she said, "really hurt my feelings".
>
> "It really sucks," she said in a lengthy video post at the time.
>
> She went on to describe how she was on the show during her "apex year of
> hell" as she was going through a divorce from Tom Vitale.
>
> "Like I was going through it and pretending everything was just fine, because
> that's what you do," she said of filming season 12. "And, without sounding
> like a drama queen, the show saved my life. Working with all those really
> wonderful people and feeling productive and knowing I could spread some
> kindness and not just wallow in my hell and just try to keep my head above
> water, it helped me, it was like a flotation device. So it really hurts that
> I won't be able to go back and see everybody and say 'Hey, I made it through,
> hi!'"
>
> "And to all the bakers that are coming in for the new season, even though I
> won't be there, I'll be there with you in spirit and I just want you to
> remember this: You are there for a reason. You're some of the best bakers in
> America right now and if you don't make it to the next round, please always
> remember this, it's not because you're not a good baker, you just had a bad
> day," she concluded.

I said this over a year ago when Food Network canceled Bertinelli's
show. Looks like I was right.

> Valerie Bertinelli Says Food Network Canceled VALERIE'S HOME KITCHEN after 14
> Seasons: "I Have No Idea Why" (April 8)
>
> I do. It's because it's one of the few shows left on the Food Network that
> isn't a ridiculous competition.
>
> You used to be able to watch Food Network to watch people make interesting
> dishes and teach you how to cook them. Now every show is a half dozen chefs
> racing around like lunatics, hyperactively edited like a John Wick fight
> scene, trying to throw together something to beat a relentless clock counting
> down to zero, then a panel of the same judges from every other Food Network
> show decides which one wins.
>
> I liked Bertinelli's show because it was just her, in a kitchen, teaching you
> how to make good stuff. And that's why Food Network is dumping it.

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<uf122jdl38dh2ib2bu9l0pg5i81ftuvs4b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222606&group=rec.arts.tv#222606

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:37:54 -0400
 by: NoBody - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:37 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:32:29 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several
>months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking competition
>series, “Kids Baking Championship.”
>
>“I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing
>ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media
>app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,” Ina Garten of
>“Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada De Laurentiis
>specifically.
>
>“I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any longer.
>Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”
>
>Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
>Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember
>those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking
>competition show.”

It's the Food game show network now.

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<uvs846$2gqnl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222669&group=rec.arts.tv#222669

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:50:46 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:50 UTC

On 2024-04-18 11:37:54 +0000, NoBody said:
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:32:29 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several
>> months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking competition
>> series, “Kids Baking Championship.”
>>
>> “I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing
>> ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media
>> app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,” Ina Garten of
>> “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada De Laurentiis
>> specifically.
>>
>> “I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any longer.
>> Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”
>>
>> Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
>> Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember
>> those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking
>> competition show.”
>
> It's the Food game show network now.

Most TV networks have become the "reality TV' networks - it's far
easier and cheaper for them to put drivel on-screen than it is to make
proper shows. :-(

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<uvtk2s$2v5et$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222707&group=rec.arts.tv#222707

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network
>>several months after she was let go from the channel�s reality cooking
>>competition series, �Kids Baking Championship.�
>>
>>�I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the
>>amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows,� the 63-year-old star wrote on the
>>social media app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray�s show �30-Minute Meals,�
>>Ina Garten of �Barefoot Contessa� fame, and �Giada at Home� star Giada
>>De Laurentiis specifically.
>>
>>�I learned so much. It�s sad it�s not about cooking and learning any
>>longer. Oh well, that�s just business, folks.�
>>
>>Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
>>Schotland. She wrote, �I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork.
>>Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another
>>cooking competition show.�
>
>It's the Food game show network now.

I remember thinkning things were bad when SLoP showed up.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<1974758210.735219894.883535.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222715&group=rec.arts.tv#222715

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Subject: Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not
About Cooking And Learning" Anymore
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:49:12 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:49 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network
>>> several months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking
>>> competition series, “Kids Baking Championship.”
>>>
>>> “I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the
>>> amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the
>>> social media app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,”
>>> Ina Garten of “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada
>>> De Laurentiis specifically.
>>>
>>> “I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any
>>> longer. Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”
>>>
>>> Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
>>> Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork.
>>> Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another
>>> cooking competition show.”
>>
>> It's the Food game show network now.
>
> I remember thinkning things were bad when SLoP showed up.

It’s been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<Uvomhu$1lc8m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222814&group=rec.arts.tv#222814

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:

>>> It's the Food game show network now.
>>
>> I remember thinkning things were bad when SLoP showed up.
>
>It's been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.

Wow, I had forgotten about that show!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<366621412.735322936.960641.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222839&group=rec.arts.tv#222839

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
About Cooking And Learning" Anymore
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 12:25:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 19:25 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> I remember thinkning things were bad when SLoP showed up.
>>
>> It's been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.
>
> Wow, I had forgotten about that show!

I actually bought a VHS tape from them of his show on cooking prime rib.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<v05i1u$tsdp$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222920&group=rec.arts.tv#222920

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
About Cooking And Learning" Anymore
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 04:30:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> It's been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.
>>
>> Wow, I had forgotten about that show!
>
>I actually bought a VHS tape from them of his show on cooking prime rib.

Oooh!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<inov3jttou0e9tmc7nq4u9um19l5d2s879@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=224555&group=rec.arts.tv#224555

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 17:31:09 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 11 May 2024 21:31 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:50:46 +1200, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

>On 2024-04-18 11:37:54 +0000, NoBody said:
>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:32:29 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several
>>> months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking competition
>>> series, “Kids Baking Championship.”
>>>
>>> “I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing
>>> ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media
>>> app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,” Ina Garten of
>>> “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada De Laurentiis
>>> specifically.
>>>
>>> “I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any longer.
>>> Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”
>>>
>>> Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
>>> Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember
>>> those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking
>>> competition show.”
>>
>> It's the Food game show network now.
>
>Most TV networks have become the "reality TV' networks - it's far
>easier and cheaper for them to put drivel on-screen than it is to make
>proper shows. :-(

It's a sad change as I used to watch Food Network quite a bit back in
the say of HOW TO BOIL WATER and Sara Moulton, but over time the
network changed. I assume they must have found they got more viewers
with the focus on game shows as I can't see the costs being cheaper
with the game show focus over a single host cooking with often only a
single camera catching the action. There's nothing for me to gain by
watching FN now so I never even look at it.

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<v1otji$29sda$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=224564&group=rec.arts.tv#224564

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 11:05:22 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 11 May 2024 23:05 UTC

On 2024-05-11 21:31:09 +0000, shawn said:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:50:46 +1200, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
> wrote:
>> On 2024-04-18 11:37:54 +0000, NoBody said:
>>>
>>> It's the Food game show network now.
>>
>> Most TV networks have become the "reality TV' networks - it's far
>> easier and cheaper for them to put drivel on-screen than it is to make
>> proper shows. :-(
>
> It's a sad change as I used to watch Food Network quite a bit back in
> the say of HOW TO BOIL WATER and Sara Moulton, but over time the
> network changed. I assume they must have found they got more viewers
> with the focus on game shows as I can't see the costs being cheaper
> with the game show focus over a single host cooking with often only a
> single camera catching the action. There's nothing for me to gain by
> watching FN now so I never even look at it.

Here in New Zealand they recently announced the ending of most of their
news and current affairs shows on the two main free-to-air networks
TVNZ and Media Works due to supposedly not having enough money ... yet
they continue to make complete garbage like "Married at First Sight NZ"
and the weekday soap opera "Shortland Street". :-(

Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore

<1785760693.737183668.707715.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=224580&group=rec.arts.tv#224580

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network
About Cooking And Learning" Anymore
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 22:15:14 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 12 May 2024 05:15 UTC

> On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:50:46 +1200, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2024-04-18 11:37:54 +0000, NoBody said:

>>> It's the Food game show network now.
>>
>> Most TV networks have become the "reality TV' networks - it's far
>> easier and cheaper for them to put drivel on-screen than it is to make
>> proper shows. :-(
>
> It's a sad change as I used to watch Food Network quite a bit back in
> the say of HOW TO BOIL WATER and Sara Moulton, but over time the
> network changed. I assume they must have found they got more viewers
> with the focus on game shows as I can't see the costs being cheaper
> with the game show focus over a single host cooking with often only a
> single camera catching the action. There's nothing for me to gain by
> watching FN now so I never even look at it.

How to boil water was great.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking And Learning" Anymore