A crow perched himself on a telephone wire. He was going to make a long-distance caw.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

SubjectAuthor
* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
+* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansUbiquitous
|`- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
+* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansTim Merrigan
> [...]
|  ||||+- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
|  ||||`* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansTim Merrigan
|  |||`- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
|  ||`- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Coca Cola Kid
|  |+- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
|  |+* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansDimensional Traveler
|  |`* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansYour Name
|  `- Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe Doctor
+* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansBTR1701
+* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe True Doctor
`* Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fansThe True Doctor

Pages:12345678910
Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujqjhs$205d$15@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25556&group=rec.arts.drwho#25556

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:38:20 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:38 UTC

In article <ujqdav$2c18h$1@dont-email.me>,
solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:

>The man-who-still-needs-a-True Doctor wrote:

>>> The railways around Sheffield aren’t electrified.
>>>

>> Are they still running on steam too?
>>

>Diesel.

A! HA!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<nnd$1a642b54$288d3c46@374f66af19489340>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25562&group=rec.arts.drwho#25562

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:58:55 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:58 UTC

Dorothy J Heydt wrote:

> In article <ujl0qa$1bn3g$2@dont-email.me>,
> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
> > How the fuck is a Doctor in a wheelchair supposed to climb
> > stairs? Wasn't that already a big problem with Davros?
>
> You've never researched stair-climbing wheelchairs, or
> attachements to permit wheelchairs to climb stairs? They both
> exist.

If Daleks can go up stairs* why not Davros? Is not the "Mark III
travel machine" not based on the life support/travel machine Davros
created for himself?

[*Since Remembrance of the Daleks]

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<nnd$4a50c28e$3a404f6f@babcf9b29f587b23>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25564&group=rec.arts.drwho#25564

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 18:05:53 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 18:05 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> And you wonder why REal and TRUE Doctor Who fans think
> The Timeless Child is bogus!

Nope, nobody does wonder that Dave. As most people can't see your
posts... and the ones that can don't give a fuck about your opinion.

So wonder away to yourself while you arse-lick Agamemnon and stop
annoying the people here who actually LIKE Doctor Who.

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujqruo$kea$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25566&group=rec.arts.drwho#25566

From: klu...@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: 24 Nov 2023 19:01:44 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 19:01 UTC

Dorothy J Heydt <djheydt@kithrup.com> wrote:
>In article <ujl0qa$1bn3g$2@dont-email.me>,
>The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>>How the fuck is a Doctor in a wheelchair supposed to climb stairs?
>>Wasn't that already a big problem with Davros?
>
>[Hal Heydt]
>You've never researched stair-climbing wheelchairs, or
>attachements to permit wheelchairs to climb stairs? They both
>exist.

Neither one work very well. In order to make it work effectively, you
would really need anti-gravity, which is of course as impossible as
time travel.
--scott

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ptv1mi5medp2sbr7vi9pne97eeeodbt0fp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25568&group=rec.arts.drwho#25568

From: tpp...@ca.rr.com (Tim Merrigan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 12:00:49 -0800
 by: Tim Merrigan - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 20:00 UTC

On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:19:12 +0000, The True Doctor
<agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:

>On 23/11/2023 21:05, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
>> In article <Dqu7N.129529$wvv7.12299@fx14.iad>,
>> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
>>> So in your diseased, syphilitic mind "diversity" means including whites
>>> also? That's so weird! Whites are in the majority, and "diversity" is
>>> SPECIFICALLY about including minorities. Would you say what you said
>>> was stupid or a lie?
>>
>> [Hal Heydt]
>> Where I live--California--non-Hispanic whites are a plurality,
>> but not a majority.
>
>The woke want you to think that Hispanics are non-whites by appealing to
>people's stupidity just like Squealer does in Animal Farm in order to
>justify the pigs' lies and double standards.
>
>Hispanics are of European origin just as are other white minorities such
>as German Americans, English Americans, Irish Americans, Italian
>Americans, Greek Americans, Bulgarian Americans, Norwegian Americans,
>Dutch Americans and so on. Why don't the woke think they deserve to be
>represented too? Norwegians don't identify with Hispanics, and Italians
>don't identify with the English.

I've heard that most "Hispanics", in America are partially, if not
entirely, Native American.
--

Qualified immunity = virtual impunity.

Tim Merrigan

www.avg.com

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujr15q$1uf4o$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25569&group=rec.arts.drwho#25569

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 12:30:50 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 20:30 UTC

On 11/24/2023 12:00 PM, Tim Merrigan wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:19:12 +0000, The True Doctor
> <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>
>> On 23/11/2023 21:05, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
>>>
>>> [Hal Heydt]
>>> Where I live--California--non-Hispanic whites are a plurality,
>>> but not a majority.
>>
>> The woke want you to think that Hispanics are non-whites by appealing to
>> people's stupidity just like Squealer does in Animal Farm in order to
>> justify the pigs' lies and double standards.
>>
>> Hispanics are of European origin just as are other white minorities such
>> as German Americans, English Americans, Irish Americans, Italian
>> Americans, Greek Americans, Bulgarian Americans, Norwegian Americans,
>> Dutch Americans and so on. Why don't the woke think they deserve to be
>> represented too? Norwegians don't identify with Hispanics, and Italians
>> don't identify with the English.
>

> I've heard that most "Hispanics", in America are partially, if not
> entirely, Native American.

Mexican and Central Americans probably yes. But the mixing happened
several centuries ago so while they may show NA dna, they're mostly
hispanic.

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujr4jl$2fk31$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25570&group=rec.arts.drwho#25570

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 21:29:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 21:29 UTC

I'm cutting this idiotic crosspost.

The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:

>>. . .

>The woke want you to think that Hispanics are non-whites by appealing to
>people's stupidity just like Squealer does in Animal Farm in order to
>justify the pigs' lies and double standards.

>Hispanics are of European origin just as are other white minorities such
>as German Americans, English Americans, Irish Americans, Italian
>Americans, Greek Americans, Bulgarian Americans, Norwegian Americans,
>Dutch Americans and so on. Why don't the woke think they deserve to be
>represented too? Norwegians don't identify with Hispanics, and Italians
>don't identify with the English.

Isn't Aggie wrong in part? Yes, "Hispanic" is a reference to peoples of
the Iberian peninsula, but "Hispanic" has multiple definitions, like most
words. It also refers to peoples from places in which Spanish is spoken
as the primary language. It does not include peoples from places in which
Portuguese is spoken as the primary language; Brazillians reject refering
to themselves as "Hispanic".

It identifies neither a race nor ethnicity. Hispanics can be of any
number of races and ethnicities. Some are white; others are not.

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<71e6174d-9acb-40c5-9319-d3b2ae7dc4e2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25574&group=rec.arts.drwho#25574

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:05:38 -0800 (PST)
From: thecocac...@gmail.com (The Coca Cola Kid)
 by: The Coca Cola Kid - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 00:05 UTC

On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 9:12:31 AM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:

> Doctor Who ended in 2017. Other people will continue it from where it
> ended. RTD isn't making anything for the viewers, and neither was
> Chibnall. They're only making stuff for their own woke degenerate egos.

Doctor Who ended in different years for different people. For me, the show irrevocably jumped the shark with that Big Bang 2 nonsense in 2010. So, in my head-canon, the real Doctor is still trapped in the Pandorica, and everything since then has been some kind of dream or simulation he is experiencing inside of it.

As for RTD, he is known for winding people up to generate buzz and publicity for the show. He also has to work within the mandates of the BBC and now Disney. This is what official Doctor Who has to be now, regardless of who is running it.

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<73a8fc7e-525b-40c0-b103-caa7f93efc23n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25575&group=rec.arts.drwho#25575

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:15:21 -0800 (PST)
From: thecocac...@gmail.com (The Coca Cola Kid)
 by: The Coca Cola Kid - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 00:15 UTC

On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 12:16:38 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 22/11/2023 13:46, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> > A few years ago, I saw a disabled Doctor right on my TV! He was blinded during "Oxygen", and healed during "The Pyramid At The End Of The World".
> >
> > I saw a deaf character during "Under the Lake/Before the Flood".
> And the ratings went into free fall as a result because they were
> nothing more than woke gimmicks. A blind man that can still read
> computer code and make changes to it while typing wearing space gloves,
> so forget Braille readers.

The falling ratings in Season 10 likely had more to do with the full gap year followed by the BBC messing around with the scheduled air time. Beyond that, viewers probably had more of an issue with the dull writing and directing in the aforementioned episode that they did with the clumsy way a disabled character was handled.

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<49362b8d-f7bb-4000-8388-0f7dfb5b2b5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25576&group=rec.arts.drwho#25576

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:28:51 -0800 (PST)
From: thecocac...@gmail.com (The Coca Cola Kid)
 by: The Coca Cola Kid - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 00:28 UTC

On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 4:31:18 PM UTC-5, trotsky wrote:
> On 11/22/23 2:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <5hnslip2ps10bl64a...@4ax.com>,
> > Tim Merrigan <tp...@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> >> Make up your mind, is it "woke" or bigoted? (What people appear to
> >> object to most about "woke" is that it's not bigoted.)
> >
> > 'Woke' is absolutely bigoted. When casting notices won't even consider
> > white males in the name of 'diversity', that's bigotry.
> So in your diseased, syphilitic mind "diversity" means including whites
> also? That's so weird! Whites are in the majority, and "diversity" is
> SPECIFICALLY about including minorities. Would you say what you said
> was stupid or a lie?

Diversity does not necessarily need to be bigoted, as you are implying here.. Minorities can be included without excluding the majority. Yes, diversity includes so called whites, or whoever happens to be the majority where the diversity is being implemented. If you think that diversity should be about the exclusion of any group, then you are pretty much on the same level as the other bigot that you were replying to.

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrhh3$4o0$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25578&group=rec.arts.drwho#25578

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:09:55 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:09 UTC

In article <nnd$1a642b54$288d3c46@374f66af19489340>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
>
>> In article <ujl0qa$1bn3g$2@dont-email.me>,
>> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>> > How is a Doctor in a wheelchair supposed to climb
>> > stairs? Wasn't that already a big problem with Davros?
>>
>> You've never researched stair-climbing wheelchairs, or
>> attachements to permit wheelchairs to climb stairs? They both
>> exist.
>
>If Daleks can go up stairs* why not Davros? Is not the "Mark III
>travel machine" not based on the life support/travel machine Davros
>created for himself?

But limit to movement.

Recall Sorcerer?

>[*Since Remembrance of the Daleks]

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrhhj$4o0$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25579&group=rec.arts.drwho#25579

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:10:11 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:10 UTC

In article <ujqruo$kea$1@panix2.panix.com>,
Scott Dorsey <kludge@panix.com> wrote:
>Dorothy J Heydt <djheydt@kithrup.com> wrote:
>>In article <ujl0qa$1bn3g$2@dont-email.me>,
>>The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>>>How the fuck is a Doctor in a wheelchair supposed to climb stairs?
>>>Wasn't that already a big problem with Davros?
>>
>>[Hal Heydt]
>>You've never researched stair-climbing wheelchairs, or
>>attachements to permit wheelchairs to climb stairs? They both
>>exist.
>
>Neither one work very well. In order to make it work effectively, you
>would really need anti-gravity, which is of course as impossible as
>time travel.
>--scott

Well...

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrhln$4o0$6@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25583&group=rec.arts.drwho#25583

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:12:23 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:12 UTC

In article <nnd$4a50c28e$3a404f6f@babcf9b29f587b23>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>>
>> And you wonder why REal and TRUE Doctor Who fans think
>> The Timeless Child is bogus!
>
>Nope, nobody does wonder that Dave. As most people can't see your
>posts... and the ones that can don't give about your opinion.
>
>So wonder away to yourself while you arse-lick Agamemnon and stop
>annoying the people here who actually LIKE Doctor Who.

Get ready for tomorrow!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrhne$4o0$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25586&group=rec.arts.drwho#25586

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:13:18 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:13 UTC

In article <ptv1mi5medp2sbr7vi9pne97eeeodbt0fp@4ax.com>,
Tim Merrigan <tppm@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:19:12 +0000, The True Doctor
><agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>
>>On 23/11/2023 21:05, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
>>>
>>> [Hal Heydt]
>>> Where I live--California--non-Hispanic whites are a plurality,
>>> but not a majority.
>>
>>The woke want you to think that Hispanics are non-whites by appealing to
>>people's stupidity just like Squealer does in Animal Farm in order to
>>justify the pigs' lies and double standards.
>>
>>Hispanics are of European origin just as are other white minorities such
>>as German Americans, English Americans, Irish Americans, Italian
>>Americans, Greek Americans, Bulgarian Americans, Norwegian Americans,
>>Dutch Americans and so on. Why don't the woke think they deserve to be
>>represented too? Norwegians don't identify with Hispanics, and Italians
>>don't identify with the English.
>

>I've heard that most "Hispanics", in America are partially, if not
>entirely, Native American.

Si Senor.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrho3$4o0$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25587&group=rec.arts.drwho#25587

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:13:39 -0000 (UTC)

In article <ujr15q$1uf4o$2@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 11/24/2023 12:00 PM, Tim Merrigan wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:19:12 +0000, The True Doctor
>> <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:

>>> The woke want you to think that Hispanics are non-whites by appealing to
>>> people's stupidity just like Squealer does in Animal Farm in order to
>>> justify the pigs' lies and double standards.
>>>
>>> Hispanics are of European origin just as are other white minorities such
>>> as German Americans, English Americans, Irish Americans, Italian
>>> Americans, Greek Americans, Bulgarian Americans, Norwegian Americans,
>>> Dutch Americans and so on. Why don't the woke think they deserve to be
>>> represented too? Norwegians don't identify with Hispanics, and Italians
>>> don't identify with the English.
>>

>> I've heard that most "Hispanics", in America are partially, if not
>> entirely, Native American.
>>
>Mexican and Central Americans probably yes. But the mixing happened
>several centuries ago so while they may show NA dna, they're mostly
>hispanic.

But a mix of a native mix.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrhr0$2hc1d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25591&group=rec.arts.drwho#25591

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:15:12 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:15 UTC

On 23/11/2023 18:26, Tim Merrigan wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 21:46:36 +0000, The True Doctor
> <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>
>> On 22/11/2023 20:12, Tim Merrigan wrote:

>>> Make up your mind, is it "woke" or bigoted? (What people appear to
>>> object to most about "woke" is that it's not bigoted.)
>>
>> It's both woke and bigoted. That's how the conjunction 'and' works. If
>> I'd wanted to make it optional I would have said 'or'.

>>> Thus speaketh the fanatic who thinks canon should follow his fanfics.
>>
>> My fan fic. was better written than both Chibnall's and Davies's, based
>> on real canon, and had an able bodied Davros creating the Dalek travel
>> machines so shouldn't you be prizing it?
>
> Jodie Whittaker's Doctor IS real canon at this point. It's not up to
> you, or anyone outside the production and publicity staff at BBC, to
> decide otherwise. What you're talking about is fanfic.

Whittaker is not canon and neither is anything derived from the Timeless
Child monster era. Doctor Who therefore ended in 2017 and is irrevivable
unless the Timeless Child monster is erased.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrirn$2hh3m$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25592&group=rec.arts.drwho#25592

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:32:39 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:32 UTC

On 25/11/2023 00:15, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 12:16:38 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
>> On 22/11/2023 13:46, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> A few years ago, I saw a disabled Doctor right on my TV! He was blinded during "Oxygen", and healed during "The Pyramid At The End Of The World".
>>>
>>> I saw a deaf character during "Under the Lake/Before the Flood".
>> And the ratings went into free fall as a result because they were
>> nothing more than woke gimmicks. A blind man that can still read
>> computer code and make changes to it while typing wearing space gloves,
>> so forget Braille readers.
>
> The falling ratings in Season 10 likely had more to do with the full gap year followed by the BBC messing around with the scheduled air time. Beyond that, viewers probably had more of an issue with the dull writing and directing in the aforementioned episode that they did with the clumsy way a disabled character was handled.

Nope. The ratings totally collapsed after the end of Series 8 and never
recovered. It was down to the show going woke and insulting the
intelligence of the viewers with gender and identity politics. As a
result the ratings dropped down to only 2.2 million for the last Easter
special. A total ratings disaster. The female Doctor gimmick lasted only
1 episode. 3/4 of the audience has left because of wokery. It has
nothing whatsoever to do with the show's time being moved around or the
delay between series.

Get Woke, Go Broke!

A male franchise was taken over by woke bigots and used to attack men,
masculinity, heterosexuality, and tell the existing audience that they
were not good enough to watch it. The new preferred audience of lesbian
feminist bigots who kept attacking the franchise on a constant daily
basis always hated the franchise and never watched it and never will.
They did what they did out of spite and a bunch of woke retards listened
to them. This applies not just to Doctor Who but to Star Wars, Star
Trek, Marvel, The Lords of the Rings, The Wheel of Time, and just about
everything that appealed to men. Everything that attracted the original
male audience was removed from them so there was nothing left to keep
them watching. Nothing to stimulate their minds like plots and
characters embodying clear logical and reasoned thinking, nothing to
stimulate their senses and desires like attractive heterosexual main
protagonists, and nothing to embody the heroic journey which leaves the
hero changed in the end learning something about themselves and how to
best live their lives to achieve greater heights and new goals.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<a4f1e64c-ec75-49c6-badb-fc9ac3645ec9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25593&group=rec.arts.drwho#25593

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:41:18 -0800 (PST)
From: thecocac...@gmail.com (The Coca Cola Kid)
 by: The Coca Cola Kid - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:41 UTC

On Friday, November 24, 2023 at 8:32:42 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
> It has nothing whatsoever to do with the show's time being moved around or the
> delay between series.

You are just blatantly wrong here. To deny that those things affected ratings in any way is just as naff as the knobs who claim that the clumsy, ham-fisted woke stuff had nothing whatsoever to do with the decline in viewership.

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrn2i$2lpe9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25595&group=rec.arts.drwho#25595

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 02:44:33 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 02:44 UTC

On 25/11/2023 01:41, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
> On Friday, November 24, 2023 at 8:32:42 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
>> It has nothing whatsoever to do with the show's time being moved around or the
>> delay between series.
>
> You are just blatantly wrong here. To deny that those things affected ratings in any way is just as naff as the knobs who claim that the clumsy, ham-fisted woke stuff had nothing whatsoever to do with the decline in viewership.

The show wasn't moved around any more than it was previously and
Whittaker's series wasn't even moved around at all and the ratings still
totally collapsed, disproving that myth. Even when the episodes were
moved around for the Eurovision the ratings didn't collapse by a half
like they did for Series 9 onwards, and 3/4 for Whittaker.

Insulting and attacking the audience with wokery and wokery resulting in
totally appalling writing and characterisation is primarily to blame for
the collapse in the ratings, which fell and fell and fell episode by
episode. The audience does not want to be lectured to by woke bigots,
retards, and hypocrites.

Moffat's writing turned into a degenerate mess, and not only did he
destroy Doctor Who, it also resulted in him destroying Sherlock as well.
Chibnall's writing was worse than that of a 6 year old child that has
never read a book before.

Turning the Master into a woman drove half the audience away after the
gimmick wore off at the end of Series 8, as did Danny giving up his life
for that of a Muslim terrorist instead of coming back to be with Clara
which is what any decent writer would have written, not saved a child
terrorist in order to virtue signal. Viewers were sick of being attacked
by Clara's bad attitude to men and being insulted. How is Orson Pink
supposed to be descended from Danny Pink when both Danny and Clara were
killed off?

Doctor Who then jumped the shark, technically rode the tank at the start
of the following series. Every episode was written to virtue signal and
fill woke degeneracy quotas.

Moving the show around perhaps resulted in 1 million less viewers, but
it doesn't explain a drop of 3 to 4 million, half the ratings.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrnh5$2lpe9$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25596&group=rec.arts.drwho#25596

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 02:52:21 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 02:52 UTC

On 23/11/2023 19:39, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> Why did the DW creators make Davros disabled in the first place?

To explain the design of the Dalek casing and to represent the Daleks
being mutated Kaleds. When I watched the story when it first aired I
thought that Davros was half Dalek himself.

The actual character though including his wizened appearance is based on
Ras Thavas from Edgar Rice Burroughs', The Master Mind of Mars, and
Synthetic Men of Mars. The plot of Genesis of the Daleks is derived from
the first 6 chapters of Synthetic Men of Mars and the name Davros is
Thava-Ras consonentally shifted to Davros, as done by ERB himself later
on in the same story with the name of one of the other characters.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrupj$1djh$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25597&group=rec.arts.drwho#25597

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 04:56:19 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 04:56 UTC

In article <ujrirn$2hh3m$2@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 25/11/2023 00:15, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
>blinded during "Oxygen", and healed during "The Pyramid At The End Of
>The World".

>>> And the ratings went into free fall as a result because they were
>>> nothing more than woke gimmicks. A blind man that can still read
>>> computer code and make changes to it while typing wearing space gloves,
>>> so forget Braille readers.
>>
>> The falling ratings in Season 10 likely had more to do with the full
>gap year followed by the BBC messing around with the scheduled air time.
>Beyond that, viewers probably had more of an issue with the dull writing
>and directing in the aforementioned episode that they did with the
>clumsy way a disabled character was handled.
>
>Nope. The ratings totally collapsed after the end of Series 8 and never
>recovered. It was down to the show going woke and insulting the
>intelligence of the viewers with gender and identity politics. As a
>result the ratings dropped down to only 2.2 million for the last Easter
>special. A total ratings disaster. The female Doctor gimmick lasted only
>1 episode. 3/4 of the audience has left because of wokery. It has
>nothing whatsoever to do with the show's time being moved around or the
>delay between series.
>
>Get Woke, Go Broke!
>
>A male franchise was taken over by woke bigots and used to attack men,
>masculinity, heterosexuality, and tell the existing audience that they
>were not good enough to watch it. The new preferred audience of lesbian
>feminist bigots who kept attacking the franchise on a constant daily
>basis always hated the franchise and never watched it and never will.
>They did what they did out of spite and a bunch of woke retards listened
>to them. This applies not just to Doctor Who but to Star Wars, Star
>Trek, Marvel, The Lords of the Rings, The Wheel of Time, and just about
>everything that appealed to men. Everything that attracted the original
>male audience was removed from them so there was nothing left to keep
>them watching. Nothing to stimulate their minds like plots and
>characters embodying clear logical and reasoned thinking, nothing to
>stimulate their senses and desires like attractive heterosexual main
>protagonists, and nothing to embody the heroic journey which leaves the
>hero changed in the end learning something about themselves and how to
>best live their lives to achieve greater heights and new goals.

The ideads do not go well.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujrutc$1djh$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25599&group=rec.arts.drwho#25599

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 04:58:20 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 04:58 UTC

In article <ujrn2i$2lpe9$2@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 25/11/2023 01:41, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
>> On Friday, November 24, 2023 at 8:32:42 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
>>> It has nothing whatsoever to do with the show's time being moved
>around or the
>>> delay between series.
>>
>> You are just blatantly wrong here. To deny that those things affected
>ratings in any way is just as naff as the knobs who claim that the
>clumsy, ham-fisted woke stuff had nothing whatsoever to do with the
>decline in viewership.
>
>The show wasn't moved around any more than it was previously and
>Whittaker's series wasn't even moved around at all and the ratings still
>totally collapsed, disproving that myth. Even when the episodes were
>moved around for the Eurovision the ratings didn't collapse by a half
>like they did for Series 9 onwards, and 3/4 for Whittaker.
>
>Insulting and attacking the audience with wokery and wokery resulting in
>totally appalling writing and characterisation is primarily to blame for
>the collapse in the ratings, which fell and fell and fell episode by
>episode. The audience does not want to be lectured to by woke bigots,
>retards, and hypocrites.
>
>Moffat's writing turned into a degenerate mess, and not only did he
>destroy Doctor Who, it also resulted in him destroying Sherlock as well.
>Chibnall's writing was worse than that of a 6 year old child that has
>never read a book before.

Chibnall almost destroyed the franchise.

>Turning the Master into a woman drove half the audience away after the
>gimmick wore off at the end of Series 8, as did Danny giving up his life
>for that of a Muslim terrorist instead of coming back to be with Clara
>which is what any decent writer would have written, not saved a child
>terrorist in order to virtue signal. Viewers were sick of being attacked
>by Clara's bad attitude to men and being insulted. How is Orson Pink
>supposed to be descended from Danny Pink when both Danny and Clara were
>killed off?
>
>Doctor Who then jumped the shark, technically rode the tank at the start
>of the following series. Every episode was written to virtue signal and
>fill woke degeneracy quotas.
>
>Moving the show around perhaps resulted in 1 million less viewers, but
>it doesn't explain a drop of 3 to 4 million, half the ratings.

Chibnall alienated the REAL fanbase!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujruu4$1djh$4@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25600&group=rec.arts.drwho#25600

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 04:58:44 -0000 (UTC)

In article <ujrnh5$2lpe9$3@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 23/11/2023 19:39, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Why did the DW creators make Davros disabled in the first place?
>
>To explain the design of the Dalek casing and to represent the Daleks
>being mutated Kaleds. When I watched the story when it first aired I
>thought that Davros was half Dalek himself.
>
>The actual character though including his wizened appearance is based on
>Ras Thavas from Edgar Rice Burroughs', The Master Mind of Mars, and
>Synthetic Men of Mars. The plot of Genesis of the Daleks is derived from
>the first 6 chapters of Synthetic Men of Mars and the name Davros is
>Thava-Ras consonentally shifted to Davros, as done by ERB himself later
>on in the same story with the name of one of the other characters.

Tim is dumb and dim!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujs0o1$2mt2o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25601&group=rec.arts.drwho#25601

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 18:29:37 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 05:29 UTC

On 2023-11-25 01:41:18 +0000, The Coca Cola Kid said:
> On Friday, November 24, 2023 at 8:32:42 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
>>
>> It has nothing whatsoever to do with the show's time being moved around
>> or the delay between series.
>
> You are just blatantly wrong here. To deny that those things affected
> ratings in any way is just as naff as the knobs who claim that the
> clumsy, ham-fisted woke stuff had nothing whatsoever to do with the
> decline in viewership.

Many factors have caused the decline in viewer numbers, including the
even less accuracy than it used to be of the ratings system itself as
more people move to other forms of viewing shows.

Bad writing, bad acting, bad directing, stupid "Politically Correct"
changes, production delays (some caused by Covid lockdowns), etc.

The viewing numbers outside the UK will likely fall again due to the
new episodes only appearing on Disney+ and many people simply won't
want to pay the subscription fee.

That's one of the main reasons why they've brought back David Tennant -
they're trying to entice viewers who have dropped away by bringing back
one of the best loved modern incarnations of The Doctor. The reality is
that it far too little, far too late for most of us to care any longer
about "Noo Who".

Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

<ujs4ja$24i6$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25604&group=rec.arts.drwho#25604

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 06:35:23 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 06:35 UTC

In article <ujs0o1$2mt2o$1@dont-email.me>,
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>On 2023-11-25 01:41:18 +0000, The Coca Cola Kid said:
>> On Friday, November 24, 2023 at 8:32:42 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
>>>
>>> It has nothing whatsoever to do with the show's time being moved around
>>> or the delay between series.
>>
>> You are just blatantly wrong here. To deny that those things affected
>> ratings in any way is just as naff as the knobs who claim that the
>> clumsy, ham-fisted woke stuff had nothing whatsoever to do with the
>> decline in viewership.
>
>Many factors have caused the decline in viewer numbers, including the
>even less accuracy than it used to be of the ratings system itself as
>more people move to other forms of viewing shows.
>
>Bad writing, bad acting, bad directing, stupid "Politically Correct"
>changes, production delays (some caused by Covid lockdowns), etc.
>
>The viewing numbers outside the UK will likely fall again due to the
>new episodes only appearing on Disney+ and many people simply won't
>want to pay the subscription fee.
>
>That's one of the main reasons why they've brought back David Tennant -
>they're trying to entice viewers who have dropped away by bringing back
>one of the best loved modern incarnations of The Doctor. The reality is
>that it far too little, far too late for most of us to care any longer
>about "Noo Who".

Exactly! Chibnall/Whittaker was an outright disaster!