The truth about a man lies first and foremost in what he hides. -- Andre Malraux

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: Get Back!

SubjectAuthor
* Get Back!Blueshirt
+* Re: Get Back!cuppajoe2go
|+* Re: Get Back!Tom Seiler
||+* Re: Get Back!Derek Smalls
|||`* Re: Get Back!geoff
||| `* Re: Get Back!Norbert K
|||  +- Re: Get Back!geoff
|||  `- Re: Get Back!super70s
||`- Re: Get Back!geoff
|`* Re: Get Back!Rex Mundi
| `- Re: Get Back!geoff
+- Re: Get Back!curtis...@gmail.com
+* Re: Get Back!Matt
|+* Re: Get Back!geoff
||`* Re: Get Back!Matt
|| `* Re: Get Back!geoff
||  `- Re: Get Back!Matt
|`- Re: Get Back!P-Dub
+* Re: Get Back!Willie Williams
|`* Re: Get Back!Chris Schram
| `* Re: Get Back!Willie Williams
|  +- Re: Get Back!Norbert K
|  `* Re: Get Back!P-Dub
|   +* Re: Get Back!geoff
|   |`- Re: Get Back!Norbert K
|   +- Re: Get Back!Norbert K
|   `- Re: Get Back!RJKe...@yahoo.com
`- Re: Get Back!curtis...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Re: Get Back!

<ec980bf8-dcb2-4753-ad00-6a5389d1f8a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2521&group=rec.music.beatles#2521

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 04:34:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Get Back!
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 12:34 UTC

On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 7:12:31 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
> On 29/12/2021 9:55 am, P-Dub wrote:

> >> Thanks Chris. I just reviewed it and gave myself a dope slap because George has the lyrics, with "Old Brown Shoe" written at the top, right before him on the piano as he plays. for the "offifcial" version (released on the Hey Jude, 1967–1970, and Past Masters, Volume Two albums), George reverted to guitar. Wikipedia, as usual, has a pretty comphehensive entry on the song.
> >>
> >> It was interesting in the series how that one fellow (big, with horned rim glasses: Mal Evans?) is, among other things, their scribe, constantly writing down lyrics as they come up with them during song work ups. I wonder if other bands have scribes like that. (Doh, I just learned that Mal Evans was killed by a policeman in 1976 after friends, nervous about his mental state, called the police and Mal had a weapon which he refused to drop.)
> >
> > Mal Evans assisted the Beatles as a bouncer, a road manager, a problem solver, shopper, and even a songwriter. This is fascinating. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal_Evans
> >
> A very sad outcome ;- (
>
> geoff

There are some Mal Evans anecdotes in May Pang's first book. Also a photographs of Evans and Julian Lennon, both beaming, in the Mad Teacups ride at Disneyland in 1973.

Nothing to hint at the strange death that would befall Evans.

Re: Get Back!

<05ece99d-633a-4195-8d27-f9674c4b8353n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2522&group=rec.music.beatles#2522

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 08:43:04 -0800 (PST)
From: RJKel...@yahoo.com (RJKe...@yahoo.com)
 by: RJKe...@yahoo.com - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 16:43 UTC

On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 3:55:04 PM UTC-5, P-Dub wrote:
> On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 12:50:44 PM UTC-5, Willie Williams wrote:

> > > That was Old Brown Shoe. One place to find it is on Past Masters Volume
> > > Two. There's a moment during that sequence in the film where Billy is
> > > suggesting certain chord patterns, and George remarks that it is
> > > impossible to play that on a guitar. Billy knew all the cool jazz
> > > chords.
> > >
> > > I'm too lazy right now to look up who played what on the final
> > > recording, but yes, it's a gem.
> > >
> > > --
> > > chri...@me.com is a filtered spam magnet. Email replies may be lost.
> > > You're better off replying to this newsgroup.
> > Thanks Chris. I just reviewed it and gave myself a dope slap because George has the lyrics, with "Old Brown Shoe" written at the top, right before him on the piano as he plays. for the "offifcial" version (released on the Hey Jude, 1967–1970, and Past Masters, Volume Two albums), George reverted to guitar. Wikipedia, as usual, has a pretty comphehensive entry on the song.
> >
> > It was interesting in the series how that one fellow (big, with horned rim glasses: Mal Evans?) is, among other things, their scribe, constantly writing down lyrics as they come up with them during song work ups. I wonder if other bands have scribes like that. (Doh, I just learned that Mal Evans was killed by a policeman in 1976 after friends, nervous about his mental state, called the police and Mal had a weapon which he refused to drop.)
> Mal Evans assisted the Beatles as a bouncer, a road manager, a problem solver, shopper, and even a songwriter. This is fascinating. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal_Evans

Had no idea about his work in producing & cowriting songs.

Re: Get Back!

<e3a139c1-78e7-42c2-ab7e-5f2913437596n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2573&group=rec.music.beatles#2573

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 10:16:56 -0800 (PST)
From: curtissd...@gmail.com (curtis...@gmail.com)
 by: curtis...@gmail.com - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 18:16 UTC

On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 9:57:12 AM UTC-5, Blueshirt wrote:
> Just finished watching the third part on Disney+ and this was really
> really good! I'm not sure a casual viewer would have made it past the 30
> minute mark of part one, but it's great for a fan to see the bigger
> picture of the events we got to see in the "Let It Be" documentary.
> Peter Jackson has done a brilliant job on this.

The editors of the Let It Be film had access to all this footage, right?

I wonder why they chose the footage they did.

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: Get Back!