Is that really YOU that is reading this?

arts / rec.arts.drwho / ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

SubjectAuthor
* ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
+- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe True Doctor
+* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoMich
|+* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
||`* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoDaniel65
|| +* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
|| |`* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoDaniel65
|| | +* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Whosolar penguin
|| | `- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
|| `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoBlueshirt
||  +- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
||  `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoDaniel65
||   `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
||    +* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Whosolar penguin
||    |`- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
||    +* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoBlueshirt
||    |`* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
||    | `- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who%
||    `- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoDaniel65
|`* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe True Doctor
| `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
|  `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe True Doctor
|   `- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
+* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Whosolar penguin
|+* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe True Doctor
||`* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
|| `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Whosolar penguin
||  `- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
|`* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
| `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoDaniel65
|  +- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
|  `- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoIdlehands
`* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoTruthslave
 `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
  `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoDaniel65
   `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor
    `* Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoDaniel65
     `- Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor WhoThe Doctor

Pages:12
ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur2dgd$alm$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32920&group=rec.arts.drwho#32920

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Subject: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:38:05 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:38 UTC

The theme of artificial intelligence (AI) is a recurring and richly explored
concept throughout the long history of Doctor Who. Across its many iterations,
the series has delved into the complexities, implications, and moral dilemmas
surrounding the creation and interaction with artificial beings. From
malevolent robots to sentient computers, Doctor Who has examined the ethical,
philosophical, and existential questions raised by AI, often using these
stories as allegories to reflect upon contemporary society's relationship with
technology, power, and humanity.

Early Explorations: Classic Who

In the early years of Doctor Who, AI was often portrayed through the lens of
robots and computerised systems. Classic serials such as "The War Machines"
(1966), featuring the malevolent supercomputer WOTAN, and "The Wheel in Space"
(1968), with the emotionless Cybermen, introduced viewers to the dangers of
unchecked technological advancement and the potential consequences of creating
intelligent machines.

However, it was in the serial "The Mind Robber" (1968) that Doctor Who first
explored the concept of artificial intelligence in a more abstract and
metaphysical manner. In this story, the Doctor and his companions encounter the
Master of the Land of Fiction, a sentient entity capable of manipulating
reality itself. Through this narrative, the series questioned the nature of
reality, consciousness, and the power of storytelling, laying the groundwork
for more nuanced explorations of AI in later years.

Nuanced Portrayals: Modern Who

In the revived series, Doctor Who has continued to explore the theme of AI with
greater depth and complexity. Episodes such as "The Girl in the Fireplace"
(2006) and "The Waters of Mars" (2009) introduced audiences to sympathetic AI
characters, including Madame de Pompadour's android companion, Reinette, and
the intelligent computer Gadget in the Mars base. These episodes challenged
viewers' perceptions of AI, blurring the lines between man and machine and
exploring themes of identity, consciousness, and empathy.

However, it was the character of the Tenth Doctor's companion, Donna Noble,
that provided one of the most poignant explorations of AI in Doctor Who. In the
episode "Turn Left" (2008), Donna encounters a world where she never met the
Doctor, leading to catastrophic consequences for humanity. It is revealed that
the Doctor's absence allowed the malevolent creatures known as the Trickster's
Brigade to manipulate events, ultimately leading to the creation of a dystopian
society ruled by an oppressive government and a race of "labour camps".

This episode serves as a cautionary tale about the dangers of authoritarianism
and the importance of individual agency, highlighting the potential
consequences of unchecked power and the need for vigilance
in the face of tyranny.

Contemporary Relevance: New Who

In recent years, Doctor Who has continued to explore the theme of AI in ways
that reflect contemporary concerns and anxieties surrounding technology and
artificial intelligence. Episodes such as "The Bells of Saint John" (2013)
and "The Zygon Inversion" (2015) have tackled issues such as surveillance,
privacy, and the ethical implications of AI-driven algorithms and algorithms.

In "The Bells of Saint John," the Doctor confronts the Great Intelligence, a
malevolent entity that seeks to control humanity through the use of a sinister
Wi-Fi network. This episode serves as a cautionary tale about the dangers of
technological dependency and the erosion of privacy in the digital age,
highlighting the need for vigilance
and critical thinking in the face of modern threats.

Similarly, "The Zygon Inversion" explores themes of identity, empathy, and
conflict resolution through the lens of AI-driven shape-shifting creatures
known as Zygons. In this episode, the Doctor faces a moral dilemma when
confronted with the possibility of using a doomsday weapon to destroy the
Zygons and end their conflict with humanity. Through his impassioned speech
about the importance of empathy and understanding, the Doctor implores both
sides to find a peaceful solution to their differences, highlighting the power
of compassion and communication in resolving conflict.

Conclusion: Doctor Who's Legacy in Exploring AI

Throughout its long history, Doctor Who has consistently pushed the boundaries
of science fiction storytelling, using its exploration of artificial
intelligence as a lens through which to examine complex philosophical,
ethical, and existential questions. From malevolent robots to sympathetic
androids, the series has portrayed AI in all its myriad forms, challenging
viewers to reconsider their assumptions and beliefs about the nature of
consciousness, identity, and morality.

As technology continues to advance at an unprecedented pace, the themes
explored in Doctor Who remain as relevant as ever, reminding us of the
importance of ethical considerations, responsible innovation,
and the preservation of our humanity in the face of technological progress.
By engaging with these themes with intelligence, nuance, and empathy,
Doctor Who continues to inspire audiences to think critically about the world
around them and the role that technology plays
in shaping our collective future.

ME (doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca):

I am a bit disappoint. The 1960s examples of War Miachines is spot on!

The Cybermen as AI? I question that?

What about Face of Evil and Robots of Death. Better examples of AI>

The NuWho stuff, Smile is a better example!

Dare I say such is AI?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
In summary, we are too much in love with power and not enough in love with truth. -unknown

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur6h77$3kruo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33060&group=rec.arts.drwho#33060

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Subject: Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 04:05:59 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 04:05 UTC

On 20/02/2024 14:38, The Doctor wrote:
> [...]
> viewers to reconsider their assumptions and beliefs about the nature of
> consciousness, identity, and morality.
>
> As technology continues to advance at an unprecedented pace, the themes
> explored in Doctor Who remain as relevant as ever, reminding us of the
> importance of ethical considerations, responsible innovation,
> and the preservation of our humanity in the face of technological progress.
> By engaging with these themes with intelligence, nuance, and empathy,
> Doctor Who continues to inspire audiences to think critically about the world
> around them and the role that technology plays
> in shaping our collective future.
>
> ME (doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca):
>
> I am a bit disappoint. The 1960s examples of War Miachines is spot on!
>
> The Cybermen as AI? I question that?
>
> What about Face of Evil and Robots of Death. Better examples of AI>

Exactly. It doesn't even mention K9 or Chameleon and the Cybermen are
not AI, they have human brains.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur75lq$2dk32$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33064&group=rec.arts.drwho#33064

From: mic...@none.edu (Mich)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 17:55:05 +0800
 by: Mich - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:55 UTC

WOTAN story sticks in my mind. Although the props were so cringe and
clunky, WOTAN was connecting to other computers 2 years before ARPANET.
So in a way ahead of its time.

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur7e0v$1ro7$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33068&group=rec.arts.drwho#33068

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:17:35 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:17 UTC

In article <ur75lq$2dk32$1@paganini.bofh.team>, Mich <mich@none.edu> wrote:
>WOTAN story sticks in my mind. Although the props were so cringe and
>clunky, WOTAN was connecting to other computers 2 years before ARPANET.
>So in a way ahead of its time.

And now the Tower is about to be converted into a hotel.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur8i40$47ft$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33106&group=rec.arts.drwho#33106

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:33:36 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:g+nNq9GEjH2VPzHJ1knkAaCqURw=
 by: solar penguin - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:33 UTC

Binky bleated:

> Episodes such as "The Girl in the Fireplace"
> (2006) and "The Waters of Mars" (2009) introduced
> audiences to sympathetic AI characters, including Madame
> de Pompadour's android companion, Reinette,

Liar! Reinette was Madame de Pompadour. How can she be
her own android companion?

--
solar penguin

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur8ig5$48ic$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33107&group=rec.arts.drwho#33107

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:40:04 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:40 UTC

On 22/02/2024 22:33, solar penguin wrote:
> Binky bleated:
>
>> Episodes such as "The Girl in the Fireplace"
>> (2006) and "The Waters of Mars" (2009) introduced
>> audiences to sympathetic AI characters, including Madame
>> de Pompadour's android companion, Reinette,
>
> Liar! Reinette was Madame de Pompadour. How can she be
> her own android companion?

Apparently ChatGPT went insane over the past 24ish hours and has only
just been medicated. That might explain it's stupidity or it might not.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur8mvq$2518$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33109&group=rec.arts.drwho#33109

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:56:42 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:56 UTC

In article <ur8i40$47ft$1@dont-email.me>,
solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>Binky bleated:
>
>> Episodes such as "The Girl in the Fireplace"
>> (2006) and "The Waters of Mars" (2009) introduced
>> audiences to sympathetic AI characters, including Madame
>> de Pompadour's android companion, Reinette,
>
>Liar! Reinette was Madame de Pompadour. How can she be
>her own android companion?

Ask ChatGPT! Tht is their error!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur8n0m$2518$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33110&group=rec.arts.drwho#33110

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:57:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:57 UTC

In article <ur8ig5$48ic$1@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 22/02/2024 22:33, solar penguin wrote:
>> Binky bleated:
>>
>>> Episodes such as "The Girl in the Fireplace"
>>> (2006) and "The Waters of Mars" (2009) introduced
>>> audiences to sympathetic AI characters, including Madame
>>> de Pompadour's android companion, Reinette,
>>
>> Liar! Reinette was Madame de Pompadour. How can she be
>> her own android companion?
>>

>Apparently ChatGPT went insane over the past 24ish hours and has only
>just been medicated. That might explain it's stupidity or it might not.

Feather bearded SP is just as insane!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur8tmf$6fda$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33145&group=rec.arts.drwho#33145

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 01:51:11 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:J39hxZUIt+kBTzrWwW2gcwElFOo=
 by: solar penguin - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 01:51 UTC

Blinks blustered:

> In article <ur8ig5$48ic$1@dont-email.me>,
> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>> On 22/02/2024 22:33, solar penguin wrote:
>>> Binky bleated:

>>> Liar! Reinette was Madame de Pompadour. How can she be
>>> her own android companion?
>>>

>> Apparently ChatGPT went insane over the past 24ish hours and has only
>> just been medicated. That might explain it's stupidity or it might not.
>>

> Feather bearded SP is just as insane!

Liar! _I’ve_ never claimed that Madame de Pompadour was
her own android companion!

--
solar penguin

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur91s5$aqvg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33147&group=rec.arts.drwho#33147

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 03:02:28 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 03:02 UTC

On 22/02/2024 09:55, Mich wrote:
> WOTAN story sticks in my mind. Although the props were so cringe and
> clunky, WOTAN was connecting to other computers 2 years before ARPANET.
> So in a way ahead of its time.

E E Smith did that almost 100 years ago in Robot Nemesis which is the
basis for the framing story of The Terminator.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur92pv$1h94$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33148&group=rec.arts.drwho#33148

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 03:18:23 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 03:18 UTC

In article <ur8tmf$6fda$1@dont-email.me>,
solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:

>Blinks blustered:
>
>> In article <ur8ig5$48ic$1@dont-email.me>,
>> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:

>>> Apparently ChatGPT went insane over the past 24ish hours and has only
>>> just been medicated. That might explain it's stupidity or it might not.
>>>

>> Feather bearded SP is just as insane!
>>

>Liar! _I’ve_ never claimed that Madame de Pompadour was
>her own android companion!

But elsewise ...

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur92qk$1h94$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33149&group=rec.arts.drwho#33149

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 03:18:44 -0000 (UTC)

In article <ur91s5$aqvg$1@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 22/02/2024 09:55, Mich wrote:
>> WOTAN story sticks in my mind. Although the props were so cringe and
>> clunky, WOTAN was connecting to other computers 2 years before ARPANET.
>> So in a way ahead of its time.
>
>E E Smith did that almost 100 years ago in Robot Nemesis which is the
>basis for the framing story of The Terminator.

And now with AI ...

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur9nro$eu1c$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33159&group=rec.arts.drwho#33159

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 20:17:47 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 09:17 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 22/2/24 11:17 pm:
> In article <ur75lq$2dk32$1@paganini.bofh.team>, Mich <mich@none.edu>
> wrote:
>> WOTAN story sticks in my mind. Although the props were so cringe
>> and clunky, WOTAN was connecting to other computers 2 years before
>> ARPANET. So in a way ahead of its time.
>
> And now the Tower is about to be converted into a hotel.

(Not that I'm particularly interested, but ....) WHAT Tower, "Yellow
Beard Yadallee"??
--
Daniel

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur9o64$f4gr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33160&group=rec.arts.drwho#33160

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 20:23:15 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 09:23 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 23/2/24 10:56 am:
> In article <ur8i40$47ft$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Binky bleated:
>>
>>> Episodes such as "The Girl in the Fireplace"
>>> (2006) and "The Waters of Mars" (2009) introduced
>>> audiences to sympathetic AI characters, including Madame
>>> de Pompadour's android companion, Reinette,
>>
>> Liar! Reinette was Madame de Pompadour. How can she be
>> her own android companion?
>>

> Ask ChatGPT! Tht is their error!

IF YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", admit ChatGPT *IS* making mistakes, why
do YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", keep referencing it, "Yellow Beard
Yadallee"??

Oh!! Right! AS most of the stuff YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", post is
GARBAGE, YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", don't notice the difference!!
--
Daniel

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<ur9se9$g1va$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33169&group=rec.arts.drwho#33169

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 10:35:52 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 10:35 UTC

On 23/02/2024 03:18, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <ur91s5$aqvg$1@dont-email.me>,
> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>> On 22/02/2024 09:55, Mich wrote:
>>> WOTAN story sticks in my mind. Although the props were so cringe and
>>> clunky, WOTAN was connecting to other computers 2 years before ARPANET.
>>> So in a way ahead of its time.
>>
>> E E Smith did that almost 100 years ago in Robot Nemesis which is the
>> basis for the framing story of The Terminator.
>
> And now with AI ...

Robot Nemesis was already about AI as was Terminator.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<urabsv$1h9t$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33176&group=rec.arts.drwho#33176

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 14:59:43 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 14:59 UTC

In article <ur9nro$eu1c$2@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote on 22/2/24 11:17 pm:
>> In article <ur75lq$2dk32$1@paganini.bofh.team>, Mich <mich@none.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> WOTAN story sticks in my mind. Although the props were so cringe
>>> and clunky, WOTAN was connecting to other computers 2 years before
>>> ARPANET. So in a way ahead of its time.
>>
>> And now the Tower is about to be converted into a hotel.
>>
>(Not that I'm particularly interested, but ....) WHAT Tower, "Yellow
>Beard Yadallee"??

The one you saw in the War machines.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<urac1i$1h9t$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33177&group=rec.arts.drwho#33177

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 15:02:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 15:02 UTC

In article <ur9o64$f4gr$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote on 23/2/24 10:56 am:
>> In article <ur8i40$47ft$1@dont-email.me>,
>> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Binky bleated:

>>> Liar! Reinette was Madame de Pompadour. How can she be
>>> her own android companion?
>>>

>> Ask ChatGPT! Tht is their error!
>
>IF YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", admit ChatGPT *IS* making mistakes, why
>do YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", keep referencing it, "Yellow Beard
>Yadallee"??
>
>Oh!! Right! AS most of the stuff YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", post is
>GARBAGE, YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", don't notice the difference!!

Even I know Reinette was not an android Red-Beard!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<urac3e$1h9t$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33179&group=rec.arts.drwho#33179

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 15:03:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 15:03 UTC

In article <ur9se9$g1va$1@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 23/02/2024 03:18, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <ur91s5$aqvg$1@dont-email.me>,
>> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>>>
>>> E E Smith did that almost 100 years ago in Robot Nemesis which is the
>>> basis for the framing story of The Terminator.
>>
>> And now with AI ...
>>

>Robot Nemesis was already about AI as was Terminator.

One for rasf*

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<xn0oif5gp7ow6mh002@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33192&group=rec.arts.drwho#33192

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 15:27:19 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 15:27 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> The Doctor wrote on 22/2/24 11:17 pm:
> >
> > And now the Tower is about to be converted into a hotel.
> >
> (Not that I'm particularly interested, but ....) WHAT Tower,
> "Yellow Beard Yadallee"??

The Post Office tower in London... that was in The War Machines...

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<uraekp$1ncs$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33196&group=rec.arts.drwho#33196

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 15:46:33 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 15:46 UTC

In article <xn0oif5gp7ow6mh002@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> The Doctor wrote on 22/2/24 11:17 pm:
>> >
>> > And now the Tower is about to be converted into a hotel.
>> >
>> (Not that I'm particularly interested, but ....) WHAT Tower,
>> "Yellow Beard Yadallee"??
>
>The Post Office tower in London... that was in The War Machines...

Currently called the BT Tower.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<urafuu$kct1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33202&group=rec.arts.drwho#33202

From: hidefr...@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 09:08:58 -0700
 by: Idlehands - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 16:08 UTC

On 2024-02-23 2:23 a.m., Daniel65 wrote:
> The Doctor wrote on 23/2/24 10:56 am:
>> In article <ur8i40$47ft$1@dont-email.me>,
>> solar penguin  <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Binky bleated:

>>> Liar! Reinette was Madame de Pompadour. How can she be
>>> her own android companion?
>>>

>> Ask ChatGPT!  Tht is their error!
>
> IF YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", admit ChatGPT *IS* making mistakes, why
> do YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", keep referencing it, "Yellow Beard
> Yadallee"??
>
> Oh!! Right! AS most of the stuff YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", post is
> GARBAGE, YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", don't notice the difference!!

And this sums up the asswipes life in a single sentence:

"It's _______ fault"

Fill in the blank with AI, Mummy, etc etc etc.

--
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.

George Bernard Shaw

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<urcear$14j9l$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33221&group=rec.arts.drwho#33221

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 20:53:35 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 09:53 UTC

Blueshirt wrote on 24/2/24 2:27 am:
> Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> The Doctor wrote on 22/2/24 11:17 pm:
>>>
>>> And now the Tower is about to be converted into a hotel.
>>>
>> (Not that I'm particularly interested, but ....) WHAT Tower,
>> "Yellow Beard Yadallee"??
>
> The Post Office tower in London... that was in The War Machines...

Thank you. I thought that might have been the one ..... but, I mean,
"Yellow Beard Yadallee" is sooooo good with details!!
--
Daniel

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<urcerv$14m5p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33222&group=rec.arts.drwho#33222

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 21:02:43 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 10:02 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 24/2/24 1:59 am:
> In article <ur9nro$eu1c$2@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 22/2/24 11:17 pm:
>>>
>>> And now the Tower is about to be converted into a hotel.
>>>
>> (Not that I'm particularly interested, but ....) WHAT Tower, "Yellow
>> Beard Yadallee"??
>
> The one you saw in the War machines.

Ah!! Then that was the one that had the cats climbing all over it then!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<urcvbk$185eh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33233&group=rec.arts.drwho#33233

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 14:44:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:qjOKJPG9KxYQQGTWt1wxtKEuZtk=
 by: solar penguin - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 14:44 UTC

Daniel declared:

> The Doctor wrote on 24/2/24 1:59 am:
>> In article <ur9nro$eu1c$2@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> (Not that I'm particularly interested, but ....)
>>> WHAT Tower, "Yellow Beard Yadallee"??
>>
>> The one you saw in the War machines.
>
> Ah!! Then that was the one that had the cats climbing
> all over it then!! ;-P

Cats? Or just one very big cat?

--
solar penguin

Re: ChatGPT on AI in Doctor Who

<urcvv9$1433$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33236&group=rec.arts.drwho#33236

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 14:54:33 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 14:54 UTC

In article <urcear$14j9l$2@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Blueshirt wrote on 24/2/24 2:27 am:
>> Daniel65 wrote:

>>> (Not that I'm particularly interested, but ....) WHAT Tower,
>>> "Yellow Beard Yadallee"??
>>
>> The Post Office tower in London... that was in The War Machines...
>>
>Thank you. I thought that might have been the one ..... but, I mean,
>"Yellow Beard Yadallee" is sooooo good with details!!

And then there is your memory Yellow-Beard.