Since we're all here, we must not be all there. -- Bob "Mountain" Beck

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: Goodbye, RADW!

SubjectAuthor
* Goodbye, RADW!The Coca Cola Kid
+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Daniel65
|+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
||`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|+- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
||+- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
||`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Daniel65
|| +* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|| |`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!Daniel65
|| `* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
||  `* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
||   `* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
||    +- Re: Goodbye, RADW!Idlehands
||    `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
| +* Re: Goodbye, RADW!%
| |+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
| ||+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!%
| ||`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
| |`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
| `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
|+- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Coca Cola Kid
||+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
|||`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
||| `* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
|||  `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
||+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Last Doctor
|||+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|||+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
|||`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
||| `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
||`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
|| `* Re: Goodbye, RADW!%
||  `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
|+- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Truthslave
| +* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
| |`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
| `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
 +* Re: Goodbye, RADW!%
 |`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
 `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor

Pages:123
Goodbye, RADW!

<9e1454b3-e280-47f9-baac-78f2dd06d540n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33031&group=rec.arts.drwho#33031

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 15:38:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Goodbye, RADW!
From: thecocac...@gmail.com (The Coca Cola Kid)
 by: The Coca Cola Kid - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 23:38 UTC

It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.

After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this august Usenet newsgroup.

As a famous singer from the 1990's once wrote: "Who Will Save Your Souls?"

Not me. And certainly not Yads or any of the retarded sock puppet crowd, LOL.

*sigh*

Remember when this group was actually fun,.. when people made quote files because there was a lot of quote worthy content here? When people made yearly Adric Awards, that the whole group participated in voting on? When there were Top Ten Lists, and Doctor Who related surveys and questionnaires that received lots of on-topic responses?

And, of course, the lovely canon debates. When two stories blatantly contradicted each other, we would debate about which version is canonical. Sadly, the gits who said 'Everything is Canon' won. Now, nobody cares. Everything is canon and nothing is canon.

People actually used to discuss the extended media releases every single month when they were released. When was the last time that someone discussed a Doctor Who book or audio here?

Even the annoying culture war trolls seem to have given up on this group.

To be frank, I am not optimistic that this group will ever regain its former glory. Maybe they should just delete both this group and the moderated group. It seems that none of you currently posting here deserve it. If that bothers anyone reading this, then I DARE YOU to prove me wrong. But, unless a miracle happens, I do not see myself wasting my previous time coming back here, much less going the extra mile to figure how to post here after Google depeers tomorrow.

Life is short. I wasted a lot of my college years arguing with idiots in this group. At that time, I had a brain tumor that was later removed. I do not know what the rest of your excuses were. ;-) But since then, I have had an amazing life, lived on three different continents, and I still have big plans for the future.

So, yeah, some of you probably figured out who this is, I bet some even have known for a while based on the unsubtle hints I dropped (including the username). I hope that there is no ill will still. I certainly do not harbour any toward anyone here.

So, regardless of whether you ever here from me again, go forward, in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am mistaken in mine.

Regards,
Jon Blum

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur681h$3fkrk$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33037&group=rec.arts.drwho#33037

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Goodbye, RADW!
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:29:23 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 01:29 UTC

The Coca Cola Kid wrote on 22/2/24 10:38 am:
> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it
> had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
>
> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
> august Usenet newsgroup.

.... but you could still have access!!
--
Daniel

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur6avt$3g6sc$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33039&group=rec.arts.drwho#33039

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:19:40 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:19 UTC

On 21/02/2024 23:38, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
>
> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this august Usenet newsgroup.

Yes you will if you follow the instructions below.

> As a famous singer from the 1990's once wrote: "Who Will Save Your Souls?"
>
> Not me. And certainly not Yads or any of the retarded sock puppet crowd, LOL.
>
> *sigh*
>
> Remember when this group was actually fun,.. when people made quote files because there was a lot of quote worthy content here? When people made yearly Adric Awards, that the whole group participated in voting on? When there were Top Ten Lists, and Doctor Who related surveys and questionnaires that received lots of on-topic responses?
>
> And, of course, the lovely canon debates. When two stories blatantly contradicted each other, we would debate about which version is canonical. Sadly, the gits who said 'Everything is Canon' won. Now, nobody cares. Everything is canon and nothing is canon.

Chibnall destroyed all canon with the Timeless Child monster, including
the basis of Matt Smith's whole story arc.

> People actually used to discuss the extended media releases every single month when they were released. When was the last time that someone discussed a Doctor Who book or audio here?

Can't remember any books being discussed after the BBC took over from
Virgin in about 2005, sacked all the original authors, and published
nothing but baby books. Them it totally went woke along with Big Finish
and that destroyed the entire market. Last Big Finish audio discussion
was probably before Whittaker and the Timeless Child monster annihilated
the whole franchise.

> Even the annoying culture war trolls seem to have given up on this group.
>
> To be frank, I am not optimistic that this group will ever regain its former glory. Maybe they should just delete both this group and the moderated group. It seems that none of you currently posting here deserve it. If that bothers anyone reading this, then I DARE YOU to prove me wrong. But, unless a miracle happens, I do not see myself wasting my previous time

But a miracle has happened. The Tim spammer is gone.

>coming back here, much less going the extra mile to figure how to post here after Google depeers tomorrow.

Easily solved, but don't tell Tim.

Register with Eternal September for free usenet access and configure
Thunderbird newsgroups with your settings. Use your normal email service
for outgoing messages.

https://www.eternal-september.org/

usenet server: news.eternal-september.org
port: 463
no security, no authentication

If you get any errors posting refresh the group.

> Life is short. I wasted a lot of my college years arguing with idiots in this group. At that time, I had a brain tumor that was later removed. I do not know what the rest of your excuses were. ;-) But since then, I have had an amazing life, lived on three different continents, and I still have big plans for the future.
>
> So, yeah, some of you probably figured out who this is, I bet some even have known for a while based on the unsubtle hints I dropped (including the username). I hope that there is no ill will still. I certainly do not harbour any toward anyone here.
>
> So, regardless of whether you ever here from me again, go forward, in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am mistaken in mine.
>
> Regards,
> Jon Blum

It's a pity the BBC shut down Virgin Publishing and didn't rehire all
the original authors to write for the new series (though there were some
exceptions) instead of bringing in woke retards like Chris Chibnall who
can't write any better than a 6 year old child with autism, and it seems
that RTD is now also suffering from the same illness.

Whatever happened to Kate Orman and the others?

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur6b1n$3g6sc$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33040&group=rec.arts.drwho#33040

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:20:38 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:20 UTC

On 22/02/2024 01:29, Daniel65 wrote:
> The Coca Cola Kid wrote on 22/2/24 10:38 am:
>> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it
>> had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
>>
>> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
>> august Usenet newsgroup.
>
> ... but you could still have access!!

Yes he can the same way I do.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur6co7$315m$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33050&group=rec.arts.drwho#33050

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:49:43 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:49 UTC

In article <ur681h$3fkrk$2@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>The Coca Cola Kid wrote on 22/2/24 10:38 am:
>> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it
>> had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
>>
>> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
>> august Usenet newsgroup.
>
>... but you could still have access!!
>--
>Daniel

If he so chooses!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur6cre$315m$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33052&group=rec.arts.drwho#33052

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:51:26 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:51 UTC

In article <ur6avt$3g6sc$2@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 21/02/2024 23:38, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
>> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it had
>to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
>>
>> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
>august Usenet newsgroup.
>>

>Yes you will if you follow the instructions below.

If he wants to!

>> As a famous singer from the 1990's once wrote: "Who Will Save Your Souls?"
>>
>> Not me. And certainly not Yads or any of the retarded sock puppet crowd, LOL.
>>
>> *sigh*
>>
>> Remember when this group was actually fun,.. when people made quote
>files because there was a lot of quote worthy content here? When people
>made yearly Adric Awards, that the whole group participated in voting
>on? When there were Top Ten Lists, and Doctor Who related surveys and
>questionnaires that received lots of on-topic responses?
>>
>> And, of course, the lovely canon debates. When two stories blatantly
>contradicted each other, we would debate about which version is
>canonical. Sadly, the gits who said 'Everything is Canon' won. Now,
>nobody cares. Everything is canon and nothing is canon.
>
>Chibnall destroyed all canon with the Timeless Child monster, including
>the basis of Matt Smith's whole story arc.

Retcon the Timless Child!

>> People actually used to discuss the extended media releases every
>single month when they were released. When was the last time that
>someone discussed a Doctor Who book or audio here?
>>

>Can't remember any books being discussed after the BBC took over from
>Virgin in about 2005, sacked all the original authors, and published
>nothing but baby books. Them it totally went woke along with Big Finish
>and that destroyed the entire market. Last Big Finish audio discussion
>was probably before Whittaker and the Timeless Child monster annihilated
>the whole franchise.
>
>> Even the annoying culture war trolls seem to have given up on this group.
>>
>> To be frank, I am not optimistic that this group will ever regain its
>former glory. Maybe they should just delete both this group and the
>moderated group. It seems that none of you currently posting here
>deserve it. If that bothers anyone reading this, then I DARE YOU to
>prove me wrong. But, unless a miracle happens, I do not see myself
>wasting my previous time
>
>But a miracle has happened. The Tim spammer is gone.
>
>>coming back here, much less going the extra mile to figure how to post
>here after Google depeers tomorrow.
>
>Easily solved, but don't tell Tim.
>
>Register with Eternal September for free usenet access and configure
>Thunderbird newsgroups with your settings. Use your normal email service
>for outgoing messages.
>
>https://www.eternal-september.org/
>
>usenet server: news.eternal-september.org
>port: 463
>no security, no authentication
>
>If you get any errors posting refresh the group.

Good advice!

>> Life is short. I wasted a lot of my college years arguing with idiots
>in this group. At that time, I had a brain tumor that was later
>removed. I do not know what the rest of your excuses were. ;-) But
>since then, I have had an amazing life, lived on three different
>continents, and I still have big plans for the future.
>>
>> So, yeah, some of you probably figured out who this is, I bet some
>even have known for a while based on the unsubtle hints I dropped
>(including the username). I hope that there is no ill will still. I
>certainly do not harbour any toward anyone here.
>>
>> So, regardless of whether you ever here from me again, go forward, in
>all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am mistaken in mine.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jon Blum
>
>It's a pity the BBC shut down Virgin Publishing and didn't rehire all
>the original authors to write for the new series (though there were some
>exceptions) instead of bringing in woke retards like Chris Chibnall who
>can't write any better than a 6 year old child with autism, and it seems
>that RTD is now also suffering from the same illness.
>
>Whatever happened to Kate Orman and the others?

If only er knew.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur6cti$315m$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33053&group=rec.arts.drwho#33053

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:52:34 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:52 UTC

In article <ur6b1n$3g6sc$3@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 22/02/2024 01:29, Daniel65 wrote:
>> The Coca Cola Kid wrote on 22/2/24 10:38 am:
>>> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it
>>> had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
>>>
>>> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
>>> august Usenet newsgroup.
>>
>> ... but you could still have access!!
>
>Yes he can the same way I do.

Too many spoon fed people!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<32cca4a2-05ba-424a-a207-564cb8d368d9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33058&group=rec.arts.drwho#33058

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:12:16 -0800 (PST)
From: thecocac...@gmail.com (The Coca Cola Kid)
 by: The Coca Cola Kid - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 04:12 UTC

On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 9:19:44 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 21/02/2024 23:38, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
*snip*
> > Remember when this group was actually fun,.. when people made quote files because there was a lot of quote worthy content here? When people made yearly Adric Awards, that the whole group participated in voting on? When there were Top Ten Lists, and Doctor Who related surveys and questionnaires that received lots of on-topic responses?
> >
> > And, of course, the lovely canon debates. When two stories blatantly contradicted each other, we would debate about which version is canonical. Sadly, the gits who said 'Everything is Canon' won. Now, nobody cares. Everything is canon and nothing is canon.
> Chibnall destroyed all canon with the Timeless Child monster, including
> the basis of Matt Smith's whole story arc.

It would have been destroyed either way. Chibnall was just a Yes Man who doing what the Corporation wanted. The destruction of canon began long ago, with Jean-Marc L'officier arguing for a hard reboot since before he even posted here, and people like Paul Cornell and his friends pushing for a more 'squishy' and ambiguous reboot. Either way, many of the authors, even in the VIrgin Era, had just as much contempt for the audience as Chibnall did

> > People actually used to discuss the extended media releases every single month when they were released. When was the last time that someone discussed a Doctor Who book or audio here?
> >
> Can't remember any books being discussed after the BBC took over from
> Virgin in about 2005, sacked all the original authors, and published
> nothing but baby books.

You are mis-remembering. The BBC took the rights back from Virgin after the 1996 TV Movie with Paul McGann. They retained many of the same authors. Even after show revival in 2005 and they reduced the book output and formats, they still retained many of the same authors from the previous run (Stephen Cole, Gareth Roberts, Jac Rayner, even Terrance DIcks). I am pretty sure that they still discussed the books in those days.

> Them it totally went woke along with Big Finish
> and that destroyed the entire market. Last Big Finish audio discussion
> was probably before Whittaker and the Timeless Child monster annihilated
> the whole franchise.

A combination of oversaturation and deciding they weren't going to try to connivingly tie in with other media (even the classic TV series) killed the market long before they went 'woke'. Reneging on their promise no recast classic Doctors did not help either.

> > Even the annoying culture war trolls seem to have given up on this group.
> >
> > To be frank, I am not optimistic that this group will ever regain its former glory. Maybe they should just delete both this group and the moderated group. It seems that none of you currently posting here deserve it. If that bothers anyone reading this, then I DARE YOU to prove me wrong. But, unless a miracle happens, I do not see myself wasting my previous time
> But a miracle has happened. The Tim spammer is gone.
> >coming back here, much less going the extra mile to figure how to post here after Google depeers tomorrow.
> Easily solved, but don't tell Tim.
*snip*

You are not very smart. The posts are still being archived up until today, so he will be able to read that in Google.

*snip*
> > Regards,
> > Jon Blum
> It's a pity the BBC shut down Virgin Publishing and didn't rehire all
> the original authors to write for the new series (though there were some
> exceptions) instead of bringing in woke retards like Chris Chibnall who
> can't write any better than a 6 year old child with autism, and it seems
> that RTD is now also suffering from the same illness.
>
> Whatever happened to Kate Orman and the others?

Kate Orman is not longer with us. Craig Hinton, Terrance Dicks, and a number of others also passed away. Gareth Roberts was canceled, after writing a few episodes and books for the New Series.
Russell Davies and Steven Moffat also wrote Doctor Who stories for Virgin books.
It really amuses me how you call Chibnall the 'woke' one, since he wrote some of the most un-woke scripts prior to becoming show runner, including Day One, Cyberwoman, and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. Of all the three show runners, RTD was and is probably the most 'woke', but even he is probably leaning so heavily into it for financial and self-preservation reasons, just like Moffat and Chibnall had to.

Oh well, too bad we could not have a more extended debate on this, but the time is almost up.

Hasta el fuego.

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur6hk4$3kruo$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33059&group=rec.arts.drwho#33059

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 04:12:51 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 04:12 UTC

On 22/02/2024 02:19, The True Doctor wrote:
> On 21/02/2024 23:38, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
>> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it had
>> to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.

>> coming back here, much less going the extra mile to figure how to post
>> here after Google depeers tomorrow.
>
> Easily solved, but don't tell Tim.
>
> Register with Eternal September for free usenet access and configure
> Thunderbird newsgroups with your settings. Use your normal email service
> for outgoing messages.

or you can use their smtp server

https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=techinfo

> https://www.eternal-september.org/
>
> usenet server: news.eternal-september.org
> port: 463

port is actually 563

> no security, no authentication
>
> If you get any errors posting refresh the group.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur6kce$3lg3u$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33061&group=rec.arts.drwho#33061

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 04:59:58 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 04:59 UTC

On 22/02/2024 04:12, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 9:19:44 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
>> On 21/02/2024 23:38, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
> *snip*
>>> Remember when this group was actually fun,.. when people made quote files because there was a lot of quote worthy content here? When people made yearly Adric Awards, that the whole group participated in voting on? When there were Top Ten Lists, and Doctor Who related surveys and questionnaires that received lots of on-topic responses?
>>>
>>> And, of course, the lovely canon debates. When two stories blatantly contradicted each other, we would debate about which version is canonical. Sadly, the gits who said 'Everything is Canon' won. Now, nobody cares. Everything is canon and nothing is canon.
>> Chibnall destroyed all canon with the Timeless Child monster, including
>> the basis of Matt Smith's whole story arc.
>
> It would have been destroyed either way. Chibnall was just a Yes Man who doing what the Corporation wanted. The destruction of canon began long ago, with Jean-Marc L'officier arguing for a hard reboot since before he even posted here, and people like Paul Cornell and his friends pushing for a more 'squishy' and ambiguous reboot. Either way, many of the authors, even in the VIrgin Era, had just as much contempt for the audience as Chibnall did

None ever went as far as totally belittling and removing William
Hartnell's status as the first Doctor and re-writing the Doctor's origin
story, turning it into that of DC villain Doomsday, and making him a
monster. Not even Lungbarrow went that far. Even Andrew Cartmel totally
disowned the Timeless Child monster.

>>> People actually used to discuss the extended media releases every single month when they were released. When was the last time that someone discussed a Doctor Who book or audio here?
>>>
>> Can't remember any books being discussed after the BBC took over from
>> Virgin in about 2005, sacked all the original authors, and published
>> nothing but baby books.
>
> You are mis-remembering. The BBC took the rights back from Virgin after the 1996 TV Movie with Paul McGann. They retained many of the same authors.

OK, that was probably it.

>Even after show revival in 2005 and they reduced the book output and formats, they still retained many of the same authors from the previous run (Stephen Cole, Gareth Roberts, Jac Rayner, even Terrance DIcks). I am pretty sure that they still discussed the books in those days.

The only novel since 2005 I remember being discussed is Tom Baker's
Scratchman. Don't remember any other previous Doctor novels unless it
was ones written before 2005, and the new series books were written for
babies so I don't count them.

>> Them it totally went woke along with Big Finish
>> and that destroyed the entire market. Last Big Finish audio discussion
>> was probably before Whittaker and the Timeless Child monster annihilated
>> the whole franchise.
>
> A combination of oversaturation and deciding they weren't going to try to connivingly tie in with other media (even the classic TV series) killed the market long before they went 'woke'. Reneging on their promise no recast classic Doctors did not help either.
>
>>> Even the annoying culture war trolls seem to have given up on this group.
>>>
>>> To be frank, I am not optimistic that this group will ever regain its former glory. Maybe they should just delete both this group and the moderated group. It seems that none of you currently posting here deserve it. If that bothers anyone reading this, then I DARE YOU to prove me wrong. But, unless a miracle happens, I do not see myself wasting my previous time
>> But a miracle has happened. The Tim spammer is gone.
>>> coming back here, much less going the extra mile to figure how to post here after Google depeers tomorrow.
>> Easily solved, but don't tell Tim.
> *snip*
>
> You are not very smart. The posts are still being archived up until today, so he will be able to read that in Google.

Damn. I thought Tim was gone. Anyway I wrote down the wrong port number
so if he doesn't read the connection it won't work. The actual port is 563.

> *snip*
>>> Regards,
>>> Jon Blum
>> It's a pity the BBC shut down Virgin Publishing and didn't rehire all
>> the original authors to write for the new series (though there were some
>> exceptions) instead of bringing in woke retards like Chris Chibnall who
>> can't write any better than a 6 year old child with autism, and it seems
>> that RTD is now also suffering from the same illness.
>>
>> Whatever happened to Kate Orman and the others?
>
> Kate Orman is not longer with us. Craig Hinton, Terrance Dicks, and a number of others also passed away.

Gone too soon.

Gareth Roberts was canceled, after writing a few episodes and books for
the New Series.

That's the cancel pigs for you, ripping out the throats of their own
kind with killer dogs just for one gesture of decent.

> Russell Davies and Steven Moffat also wrote Doctor Who stories for Virgin books.
> It really amuses me how you call Chibnall the 'woke' one, since he wrote some of the most un-woke scripts prior to becoming show runner, including Day One, Cyberwoman, and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. Of all the three show

Cyberwoman unwoke? It has Ianto and Captain Jack lying on top of each
other and kissing. Chibnall totally wrecked Torchwood while he was in
charge forcing RTD to have to step in and save it. You could tell from
the immature writing of the first two series that he was totally
unsuitable as a showrunner for Doctor Who. From what people have said
all of his scripts for Doctor Who under RTD and Moffat had to be
completely rewritten by RTD, Moffat, or the script editor in order to
make sense and tell an actual story.

> runners, RTD was and is probably the most 'woke', but even he is probably leaning so heavily into it for financial and self-preservation reasons, just like Moffat and Chibnall had to.

Doctor Who went woke at the end of Series 8 when Moffat turned the
Master into a woman and as a result the quality of the writing went down
the toilet, with every principle of good writing that has existed for
the past 4500 years since Gilgamesh being thrown out of the window and
the political agenda and literary and historical revisionism in the
manner of George Orwell's 1984 being considered more important. Imagine
creating a character for no other reason than to tell everyone she meets
that's she's a lesbian in every single episode, and totally changing
another one so that she constantly insults, demeans, and humiliates men
at every possibly opportunity, thereby making her completely unlikeable.
Even Sherlock went down the toilet at exactly the same time and for
exactly the same reasons. The wokery grew even worse under Chibnall, and
worse still under RTD now that there's no one to restrain him from
pandering to his own ego and far-left totalitarian political agenda.

> Oh well, too bad we could not have a more extended debate on this, but the time is almost up.

You still have the option of using Eternal September.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur7g3h$1ro7$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33073&group=rec.arts.drwho#33073

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:53:05 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:53 UTC

In article <ur6kce$3lg3u$2@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 22/02/2024 04:12, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
>> On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 9:19:44 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
>>> On 21/02/2024 23:38, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
>> *snip*
>files because there was a lot of quote worthy content here? When people
>made yearly Adric Awards, that the whole group participated in voting
>on? When there were Top Ten Lists, and Doctor Who related surveys and
>questionnaires that received lots of on-topic responses?

>contradicted each other, we would debate about which version is
>canonical. Sadly, the gits who said 'Everything is Canon' won. Now,
>nobody cares. Everything is canon and nothing is canon.
>>> Chibnall destroyed all canon with the Timeless Child monster, including
>>> the basis of Matt Smith's whole story arc.
>>
>> It would have been destroyed either way. Chibnall was just a Yes Man
>who doing what the Corporation wanted. The destruction of canon began
>long ago, with Jean-Marc L'officier arguing for a hard reboot since
>before he even posted here, and people like Paul Cornell and his friends
>pushing for a more 'squishy' and ambiguous reboot. Either way, many of
>the authors, even in the VIrgin Era, had just as much contempt for the
>audience as Chibnall did
>>

>None ever went as far as totally belittling and removing William
>Hartnell's status as the first Doctor and re-writing the Doctor's origin
>story, turning it into that of DC villain Doomsday, and making him a
>monster. Not even Lungbarrow went that far. Even Andrew Cartmel totally
>disowned the Timeless Child monster.

And that is a crime against Doctor Who!

>single month when they were released. When was the last time that
>someone discussed a Doctor Who book or audio here?
>>>>
>>> Can't remember any books being discussed after the BBC took over from
>>> Virgin in about 2005, sacked all the original authors, and published
>>> nothing but baby books.
>>
>> You are mis-remembering. The BBC took the rights back from Virgin
>after the 1996 TV Movie with Paul McGann. They retained many of the
>same authors.
>
>OK, that was probably it.
>
>>Even after show revival in 2005 and they reduced the book output and
>formats, they still retained many of the same authors from the previous
>run (Stephen Cole, Gareth Roberts, Jac Rayner, even Terrance DIcks). I
>am pretty sure that they still discussed the books in those days.
>>

>The only novel since 2005 I remember being discussed is Tom Baker's
>Scratchman. Don't remember any other previous Doctor novels unless it
>was ones written before 2005, and the new series books were written for
>babies so I don't count them.

NAs 8DAs do not count for me.

>>> Them it totally went woke along with Big Finish
>>> and that destroyed the entire market. Last Big Finish audio discussion
>>> was probably before Whittaker and the Timeless Child monster annihilated
>>> the whole franchise.
>>
>> A combination of oversaturation and deciding they weren't going to try
>to connivingly tie in with other media (even the classic TV series)
>killed the market long before they went 'woke'. Reneging on their
>promise no recast classic Doctors did not help either.

>its former glory. Maybe they should just delete both this group and the
>moderated group. It seems that none of you currently posting here
>deserve it. If that bothers anyone reading this, then I DARE YOU to
>prove me wrong. But, unless a miracle happens, I do not see myself
>wasting my previous time
>>> But a miracle has happened. The Tim spammer is gone.
>post here after Google depeers tomorrow.
>>> Easily solved, but don't tell Tim.
>> *snip*
>>
>> You are not very smart. The posts are still being archived up until
>today, so he will be able to read that in Google.

at 23:59:59 GMT or PST?

>Damn. I thought Tim was gone. Anyway I wrote down the wrong port number
>so if he doesn't read the connection it won't work. The actual port is 563.

That secure.

>> *snip*
>>> It's a pity the BBC shut down Virgin Publishing and didn't rehire all
>>> the original authors to write for the new series (though there were some
>>> exceptions) instead of bringing in woke retards like Chris Chibnall who
>>> can't write any better than a 6 year old child with autism, and it seems
>>> that RTD is now also suffering from the same illness.
>>>
>>> Whatever happened to Kate Orman and the others?
>>
>> Kate Orman is not longer with us. Craig Hinton, Terrance Dicks, and
>a number of others also passed away.
>
>Gone too soon.

:-(

>Gareth Roberts was canceled, after writing a few episodes and books for
>the New Series.
>
>That's the cancel pigs for you, ripping out the throats of their own
>kind with killer dogs just for one gesture of decent.

Boo on the cancel pigs.

>> Russell Davies and Steven Moffat also wrote Doctor Who stories for
>Virgin books.
>> It really amuses me how you call Chibnall the 'woke' one, since he
>wrote some of the most un-woke scripts prior to becoming show runner,
>including Day One, Cyberwoman, and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. Of all the
>three show
>
>Cyberwoman unwoke? It has Ianto and Captain Jack lying on top of each
>other and kissing. Chibnall totally wrecked Torchwood while he was in
>charge forcing RTD to have to step in and save it. You could tell from
>the immature writing of the first two series that he was totally
>unsuitable as a showrunner for Doctor Who. From what people have said
>all of his scripts for Doctor Who under RTD and Moffat had to be
>completely rewritten by RTD, Moffat, or the script editor in order to
>make sense and tell an actual story.
>
>> runners, RTD was and is probably the most 'woke', but even he is
>probably leaning so heavily into it for financial and self-preservation
>reasons, just like Moffat and Chibnall had to.
>>

>Doctor Who went woke at the end of Series 8 when Moffat turned the
>Master into a woman and as a result the quality of the writing went down
>the toilet, with every principle of good writing that has existed for
>the past 4500 years since Gilgamesh being thrown out of the window and
>the political agenda and literary and historical revisionism in the
>manner of George Orwell's 1984 being considered more important. Imagine
>creating a character for no other reason than to tell everyone she meets
>that's she's a lesbian in every single episode, and totally changing
>another one so that she constantly insults, demeans, and humiliates men
>at every possibly opportunity, thereby making her completely unlikeable.
>Even Sherlock went down the toilet at exactly the same time and for
>exactly the same reasons. The wokery grew even worse under Chibnall, and
>worse still under RTD now that there's no one to restrain him from
>pandering to his own ego and far-left totalitarian political agenda.
>
>> Oh well, too bad we could not have a more extended debate on this, but
>the time is almost up.
>>

>You still have the option of using Eternal September.

And those in top1000.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur7hk4$3srml$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33075&group=rec.arts.drwho#33075

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:19:00 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:hkPO5y58xzGCFIKE4sXr9FYGmLA=
 by: The Last Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:19 UTC

The Coca Cola Kid <thecocacolakid@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 9:19:44 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
>> On 21/02/2024 23:38, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
> *snip*
>>> Remember when this group was actually fun,.. when people made quote
>>> files because there was a lot of quote worthy content here? When people
>>> made yearly Adric Awards, that the whole group participated in voting
>>> on? When there were Top Ten Lists, and Doctor Who related surveys and
>>> questionnaires that received lots of on-topic responses?
>>>
>>> And, of course, the lovely canon debates. When two stories blatantly
>>> contradicted each other, we would debate about which version is
>>> canonical. Sadly, the gits who said 'Everything is Canon' won. Now,
>>> nobody cares. Everything is canon and nothing is canon.
>> Chibnall destroyed all canon with the Timeless Child monster, including
>> the basis of Matt Smith's whole story arc.
>
> It would have been destroyed either way. Chibnall was just a Yes Man who
> doing what the Corporation wanted. The destruction of canon began long
> ago, with Jean-Marc L'officier arguing for a hard reboot since before he
> even posted here, and people like Paul Cornell and his friends pushing
> for a more 'squishy' and ambiguous reboot. Either way, many of the
> authors, even in the VIrgin Era, had just as much contempt for the audience as Chibnall did

The show has always had a blithe disregard for its own continuity, with new
“lore” superseding older almost from day one but certainly through the late
sixties right up until the hiatus. Each new show runner - as they are now
known - has brought their own vision and direction for the show with them.

One of the main problems the revived show has faced is in my view the very
auteurial role played by the new show runners - in short, they wrote far
too much of the material themselves. Every season opener and closer, every
special - and Chibnall brought that to its ultimate expression with a
writers credit on all but seven of his episodes - including every single
one of his last twelve.

This is too close - a clear conflict of interest where the show runner is
incapable of taking an objective view of the work until it’s too late. As a
result the overall story quality has suffered down the years. I’m hoping
RTD can step back to where he’s delivering under 50% of the stories at
least - but with the reduced episode count per season now, it seems
unlikely.

I don’t agree that Chibnall had contempt for the audience - rather, he fell
in love with his own concept of how to re-imagine the Cartmel Master Plan
and as a result delivered a clumsy, over complicated set of changes that
were unnecessary and unwanted without adding anything of value to the
legend of the Doctor other than finally laying to rest the regeneration
limit issue.

His vision of a more “every day drama” feel for the show just didn’t work:
it jarred badly with the content of the show, resulting in flat direction,
weird pacing, a lack of exciting new villains and a lack of character
engagement and development for the companions.

Then the COVID affected Flux, with its rushed and dropped plot threads,
confusing re-use of actors to represent ancient historical action,
pointless secondary characters and wasted opportunities for the historical
figures thrown into the mix, sealed the fate of this era as something to be
more regretted than remembered fondly.

It’s notable that Chibnall was at his best when delivering fan service: as
a writer under RTD and Moffat his best work was a homage to Doctor Who and
the Silurians, and the best episodes of his own era were his Dalek episodes
and the very backward looking Power of the Doctor.

>>> People actually used to discuss the extended media releases every
>>> single month when they were released. When was the last time that
>>> someone discussed a Doctor Who book or audio here?

I tried every now and again over the last few years but gave up when my
admittedly probably dull and overlong thoughts were met with silence (other
than the obligatory re-post and incoherent 3-5 word response from Dave).

Mostly audio as I can’t focus on books the way I could 40 years ago, and
have to fit in a real life as well.

> It really amuses me how you call Chibnall the 'woke' one, since he wrote
> some of the most un-woke scripts prior to becoming show runner, including
> Day One, Cyberwoman, and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. Of all the three show
> runners, RTD was and is probably the most 'woke', but even he is probably
> leaning so heavily into it for financial and self-preservation reasons,
> just like Moffat and Chibnall had to.

Woke is the modern zeitgeist and to be relatable to a modern young audience
the show has to reflect that. The primary audience for the show always
needs to be 8-14 year olds and their parents. We, the older fans, are quite
naturally left behind and if we can find something still to enjoy in the
latest iteration of the show, which has now become an outright fantasy
series, well that’s just a bonus.

> Oh well, too bad we could not have a more extended debate on this, but
> the time is almost up.
>
> Hasta el fuego.

Farewell Jon. May the road rise to meet your feet.

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur7i29$2a9l$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33076&group=rec.arts.drwho#33076

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:26:33 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:26 UTC

In article <ur7hk4$3srml$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> Day One, Cyberwoman, and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. Of all the three show
>> runners, RTD was and is probably the most 'woke', but even he is probably
>> leaning so heavily into it for financial and self-preservation reasons,
>> just like Moffat and Chibnall had to.
>
>Woke is the modern zeitgeist and to be relatable to a modern young audience
>the show has to reflect that. The primary audience for the show always
>needs to be 8-14 year olds and their parents. We, the older fans, are quite
>naturally left behind and if we can find something still to enjoy in the
>latest iteration of the show, which has now become an outright fantasy
>series, well that’s just a bonus.
>
>> Oh well, too bad we could not have a more extended debate on this, but
>> the time is almost up.
>>
>> Hasta el fuego.
>
>Farewell Jon. May the road rise to meet your feet.

TCCK was Jon Blum?

>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<xn0oidqaz68ljhj002@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33078&group=rec.arts.drwho#33078

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:03:23 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:03 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> The Coca Cola Kid wrote on 22/2/24 10:38 am:
> > It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that
> > it had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
> >
> > After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
> > august Usenet newsgroup.
>
> ... but you could still have access!!

Offer him a NetKnow account...

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<xn0oidq9f68jaz3000@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33079&group=rec.arts.drwho#33079

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:01:38 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:01 UTC

The Coca Cola Kid wrote:

> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it
> had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.

This is not the end... it's just the beginning!
> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
> august Usenet newsgroup.

Why? There's life after Google Groups.
> So, regardless of whether you ever here from me again, go forward,
> in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am mistaken in mine.

Don't be a spoil sport... when you fall off of the bike the best
thing to do is to get back on.

Get a newsreader and we'll see you on the other side...

If not, cheerio and toodle pip... <waves again>

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<xn0oidqj068x60t006@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33083&group=rec.arts.drwho#33083

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:12:25 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:12 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <ur7hk4$3srml$1@dont-email.me>,
> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
> >The Coca Cola Kid <thecocacolakid@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hasta el fuego.
> >
> > Farewell Jon. May the road rise to meet your feet.
>
> TCCK was Jon Blum?

I'm going with IS, as I'd like to think TCCK will still pop in after
today...

Although now that he has given away his 'handle' if he does return
we're gonna have to do more novel talk while we await new TV
episodes of Doctor Who...

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<xn0oidydu6jkmy9000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33091&group=rec.arts.drwho#33091

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:10:36 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:10 UTC

The Coca Cola Kid wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 9:19:44 PM UTC-5, The True
> Doctor wrote:
>
> > Them it totally went woke along with Big Finish
> > and that destroyed the entire market. Last Big Finish audio
> > discussion was probably before Whittaker and the Timeless Child
> > monster annihilated the whole franchise.
>
> A combination of oversaturation and deciding they weren't going to
> try to connivingly tie in with other media (even the classic TV
> series) killed the market long before they went 'woke'. Reneging
> on their promise no recast classic Doctors did not help either.

Oooh, if we are doing Big Finish chat, before you go, how mean was
Gary Russell to you over the scripts for "The Fearmonger"?!! Dish
the dirt, what did you say to upset him?!

You're leaving RADW anyway... so you might as well go out with a
bang.

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<o5-dnYyt7cBZN0r4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33092&group=rec.arts.drwho#33092

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:12:52 -0700
 by: % - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:12 UTC

Blueshirt wrote:
> The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 9:19:44 PM UTC-5, The True
>> Doctor wrote:
>>
>>> Them it totally went woke along with Big Finish
>>> and that destroyed the entire market. Last Big Finish audio
>>> discussion was probably before Whittaker and the Timeless Child
>>> monster annihilated the whole franchise.
>>
>> A combination of oversaturation and deciding they weren't going to
>> try to connivingly tie in with other media (even the classic TV
>> series) killed the market long before they went 'woke'. Reneging
>> on their promise no recast classic Doctors did not help either.
>
> Oooh, if we are doing Big Finish chat, before you go, how mean was
> Gary Russell to you over the scripts for "The Fearmonger"?!! Dish
> the dirt, what did you say to upset him?!
>
> You're leaving RADW anyway... so you might as well go out with a
> bang.

i'll still be here so i'll remember to slap you around

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<xn0oidyic6jr64t001@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33093&group=rec.arts.drwho#33093

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:15:41 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:15 UTC

The Last Doctor wrote:

> The Coca Cola Kid <thecocacolakid@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Oh well, too bad we could not have a more extended debate on
> > this, but the time is almost up.
> >
> > Hasta el fuego.
>
> Farewell Jon. May the road rise to meet your feet.

I can't believe someone is leaving RADW just because Google dropped
Usenet... it's not like 'we' caused it!!!

The chat here next week is going to be much the same as it was last
week!

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<o5-dnYut7cB0MUr4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33094&group=rec.arts.drwho#33094

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:22:01 -0700
 by: % - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:22 UTC

Blueshirt wrote:
> The Last Doctor wrote:
>
>> The Coca Cola Kid <thecocacolakid@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Oh well, too bad we could not have a more extended debate on
>>> this, but the time is almost up.
>>>
>>> Hasta el fuego.
>>
>> Farewell Jon. May the road rise to meet your feet.
>
> I can't believe someone is leaving RADW just because Google dropped
> Usenet... it's not like 'we' caused it!!!
>
> The chat here next week is going to be much the same as it was last
> week!

another week of calling you pinhead , yay

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<xn0oidyqs6k3c4m002@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33095&group=rec.arts.drwho#33095

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:25:09 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:25 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> The Coca Cola Kid wrote on 22/2/24 10:38 am:
> > It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that
> > it had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
> >
> > After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
> > august Usenet newsgroup.
>
> ... but you could still have access!!

EVERYONE can still have access to Usenet, there's free nntp servers,
free newsreaders, the NovaBBS web interface... the world isn't
ending...

I don't see why all the doom and gloom.

Each to their own ...<shrugs>

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<fOqdneAB3PBCLEr4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33096&group=rec.arts.drwho#33096

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:43:10 -0700
 by: % - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:43 UTC

Blueshirt wrote:
> Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> The Coca Cola Kid wrote on 22/2/24 10:38 am:
>>> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that
>>> it had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
>>>
>>> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
>>> august Usenet newsgroup.
>>
>> ... but you could still have access!!
>
> EVERYONE can still have access to Usenet, there's free nntp servers,
> free newsreaders, the NovaBBS web interface... the world isn't
> ending...
>
> I don't see why all the doom and gloom.
>
> Each to their own ...<shrugs>

i'm sure they will all be back

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<xn0oidz726kqw3j003@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33097&group=rec.arts.drwho#33097

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:43:28 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:43 UTC

The Coca Cola Kid wrote:

> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it
> had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
>
> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
> august Usenet newsgroup.

Nose... to... your... cutting... face... spite... your... off

Re-arrange in to a sentence!

[SNIP]

> So, yeah, some of you probably figured out who this is, I bet some
> even have known for a while based on the unsubtle hints I dropped
> (including the username). I hope that there is no ill will still.
> I certainly do not harbour any toward anyone here.

On RADW everyone is equal...

Okay, on reflection, maybe not... especially when it comes to brain
cells!

> So, regardless of whether you ever here from me again, go forward,
> in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am mistaken in mine.
>
> Regards,
> The Coca-Cola Kid

Nah, not having it. RADW is a drug, you'll be back. Everyone needs
their RADW fix.

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<xn0oidzc46ky72j004@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33098&group=rec.arts.drwho#33098

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:49:09 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:49 UTC

% wrote:

> Blueshirt wrote:
> >
> > EVERYONE can still have access to Usenet, there's free nntp
> > servers, free newsreaders, the NovaBBS web interface... the
> > world isn't ending...
> >
> > I don't see why all the doom and gloom.
> >
> > Each to their own ...<shrugs>
> >
> i'm sure they will all be back

Drama Queens! The lot of 'em...

Google Groups is disconnecting from Usenet... boo hoo... <wipes
eyes>

I say, so fucking what!

RADW will live on...

.... well, until we all die obviously! :-)

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<ur8cmm$30eb$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33101&group=rec.arts.drwho#33101

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 21:01:09 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 21:01 UTC

On 22/02/2024 12:53, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <ur6kce$3lg3u$2@dont-email.me>,
> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>>> *snip*

>>> It would have been destroyed either way. Chibnall was just a Yes Man
>> who doing what the Corporation wanted. The destruction of canon began
>> long ago, with Jean-Marc L'officier arguing for a hard reboot since
>> before he even posted here, and people like Paul Cornell and his friends
>> pushing for a more 'squishy' and ambiguous reboot. Either way, many of
>> the authors, even in the VIrgin Era, had just as much contempt for the
>> audience as Chibnall did
>>>

>> None ever went as far as totally belittling and removing William
>> Hartnell's status as the first Doctor and re-writing the Doctor's origin
>> story, turning it into that of DC villain Doomsday, and making him a
>> monster. Not even Lungbarrow went that far. Even Andrew Cartmel totally
>> disowned the Timeless Child monster.
>>

> And that is a crime against Doctor Who!

Whatever possessed these imbeciles to turn the Doctor into a completely
different character, that of an irridemable mass murdering genocidal maniac?

>> The only novel since 2005 I remember being discussed is Tom Baker's
>> Scratchman. Don't remember any other previous Doctor novels unless it
>> was ones written before 2005, and the new series books were written for
>> babies so I don't count them.
>>

> NAs 8DAs do not count for me.

What's wrong with them?

>>> A combination of oversaturation and deciding they weren't going to try
>> to connivingly tie in with other media (even the classic TV series)
>> killed the market long before they went 'woke'. Reneging on their
>> promise no recast classic Doctors did not help either.

>> its former glory. Maybe they should just delete both this group and the
>> moderated group. It seems that none of you currently posting here
>> deserve it. If that bothers anyone reading this, then I DARE YOU to
>> prove me wrong. But, unless a miracle happens, I do not see myself
>> wasting my previous time
>> post here after Google depeers tomorrow.
>>> *snip*
>>>
>>> You are not very smart. The posts are still being archived up until
>> today, so he will be able to read that in Google.
>
> at 23:59:59 GMT or PST?

That explains it.

>> Damn. I thought Tim was gone. Anyway I wrote down the wrong port number
>> so if he doesn't read the connection it won't work. The actual port is 563.
>>

> That secure.

No idea what I thought I wrote above. Maybe it will confuse Tim evem
further.

Ah, it was supposed to be correction not connection. Stupid spell checker.

>>> *snip*

>>> Kate Orman is not longer with us. Craig Hinton, Terrance Dicks, and
>> a number of others also passed away.
>>
>> Gone too soon.
>>

> :-(
>

>> Gareth Roberts was canceled, after writing a few episodes and books for
>> the New Series.
>>
>> That's the cancel pigs for you, ripping out the throats of their own
>> kind with killer dogs just for one gesture of decent.
>>

> Boo on the cancel pigs.

They've now started cancelling themselves. Have you seen the latest
YouTube videos? The anti-wokes have now become as woke as woke can be
and have set upon other anti-wokes for being disloyal. It's Animal farm
incarnate.