If a man has a strong faith he can indulge in the luxury of skepticism. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: Goodbye, RADW!

SubjectAuthor
* Goodbye, RADW!The Coca Cola Kid
+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Daniel65
|+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
||`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|+- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
||+- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
||`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Daniel65
|| +* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|| |`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!Daniel65
|| `* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
||  `* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
||   `* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
||    +- Re: Goodbye, RADW!Idlehands
||    `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
| +* Re: Goodbye, RADW!%
| |+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
| ||+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!%
| ||`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
| |`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
| `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
|+- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Coca Cola Kid
||+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
|||`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
||| `* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
|||  `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
||+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Last Doctor
|||+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|||+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
|||`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
||| `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
||`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
|| `* Re: Goodbye, RADW!%
||  `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The True Doctor
+* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
|+- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
|`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Truthslave
| +* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
| |`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
| `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
`* Re: Goodbye, RADW!Blueshirt
 +* Re: Goodbye, RADW!%
 |`- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor
 `- Re: Goodbye, RADW!The Doctor

Pages:123
Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<urcfgp$14m5p$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33224&group=rec.arts.drwho#33224

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Goodbye, RADW!
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 21:13:48 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 10:13 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 24/2/24 2:04 am:
> In article <ur9qqk$flel$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

<Snip>

>> It's not as though they haven't had any warning and time to hook
>> themselves up with a 'propper' UseNet account somewhere!!
>>
>> What?? A couple of months or so!!
>
> Since December!

As informative as always, "Yellow Beard Yadallee" ............ *NOT* !!
--
Daniel

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<xn0oigf4k8xnzvc001@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33228&group=rec.arts.drwho#33228

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 12:20:40 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 12:20 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> The Doctor wrote on 24/2/24 2:04 am:
> > In article <ur9qqk$flel$1@dont-email.me>,
> >Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
> <Snip>
>
> > > It's not as though they haven't had any warning and time to
> > > hook themselves up with a 'propper' UseNet account somewhere!!
> > >
> > > What?? A couple of months or so!!
> >
> > Since December!
>
> As informative as always, "Yellow Beard Yadallee" ............ NOT
> !!

Google announced their intention to disconnect from Usenet on 15th
December, so you were both right.

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<urd0j2$1433$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33243&group=rec.arts.drwho#33243

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 15:05:06 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 15:05 UTC

In article <urcfgp$14m5p$3@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote on 24/2/24 2:04 am:
>> In article <ur9qqk$flel$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
><Snip>
>
>>> It's not as though they haven't had any warning and time to hook
>>> themselves up with a 'propper' UseNet account somewhere!!
>>>
>>> What?? A couple of months or so!!
>>
>> Since December!
>
>As informative as always, "Yellow Beard Yadallee" ............ *NOT* !!

You were saying about a couple of months!!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<urd0p3$1433$12@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33247&group=rec.arts.drwho#33247

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 15:08:19 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 15:08 UTC

In article <xn0oigf4k8xnzvc001@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> The Doctor wrote on 24/2/24 2:04 am:
>> > In article <ur9qqk$flel$1@dont-email.me>,
>> >Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>
>> <Snip>

>> > Since December!
>>
>> As informative as always, "Yellow Beard Yadallee" ............ NOT
>> !!
>
>Google announced their intention to disconnect from Usenet on 15th
>December, so you were both right.

Thank you Captain Blue-Beard!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<urevqa$1orhb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33328&group=rec.arts.drwho#33328

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 20:04:11 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 09:04 UTC

Blueshirt wrote on 24/2/24 11:20 pm:
> Daniel65 wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 24/2/24 2:04 am:
>>> In article <ur9qqk$flel$1@dont-email.me>,
>>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>
>> <Snip>

>>> Since December!
>>
>> As informative as always, "Yellow Beard Yadallee" ............ NOT
>> !!
>
> Google announced their intention to disconnect from Usenet on 15th
> December, so you were both right.

Yes, but the point I was trying to make (sarcastically, and, apparently,
failing at) was that 'A couple of months or so' WAS 'December' so
"Yellow Beard Yadallee" had conveyed NO NEW INFORMATION .... as usual
with most of his posts!!
--
Daniel

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<urfh9j$2b7g$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33357&group=rec.arts.drwho#33357

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 14:02:27 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 14:02 UTC

In article <urevqa$1orhb$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Blueshirt wrote on 24/2/24 11:20 pm:
>> Daniel65 wrote:
>>>
>>> <Snip>

>>> As informative as always, "Yellow Beard Yadallee" ............ NOT
>>> !!
>>
>> Google announced their intention to disconnect from Usenet on 15th
>> December, so you were both right.
>>
>Yes, but the point I was trying to make (sarcastically, and, apparently,
>failing at) was that 'A couple of months or so' WAS 'December' so
>"Yellow Beard Yadallee" had conveyed NO NEW INFORMATION .... as usual
>with most of his posts!!

Whatever!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<urg81s$221gd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33412&group=rec.arts.drwho#33412

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 20:30:51 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 20:30 UTC

On 22/02/2024 13:19, The Last Doctor wrote:
> The Coca Cola Kid <thecocacolakid@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 9:19:44 PM UTC-5, The True Doctor wrote:
>>> On 21/02/2024 23:38, The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
>> *snip*

>>> Chibnall destroyed all canon with the Timeless Child monster, including
>>> the basis of Matt Smith's whole story arc.
>>
>> It would have been destroyed either way. Chibnall was just a Yes Man who
>> doing what the Corporation wanted. The destruction of canon began long
>> ago, with Jean-Marc L'officier arguing for a hard reboot since before he
>> even posted here, and people like Paul Cornell and his friends pushing
>> for a more 'squishy' and ambiguous reboot. Either way, many of the
>> authors, even in the VIrgin Era, had just as much contempt for the audience as Chibnall did
>
> The show has always had a blithe disregard for its own continuity, with new
> “lore” superseding older almost from day one but certainly through the late
> sixties right up until the hiatus. Each new show runner - as they are now
> known - has brought their own vision and direction for the show with them.

You mean like race swapping Isaac Newton and making him Indian? No one
was so insane as to do that in the past before the show went woke and is
now being run by unrestrained self centred nepotists and chauvinistic
bigots like RTD.

If something was added to the lore in the past it was done in a way so
that it was consistent with the Doctor's origin story, not by writing a
completely different one and turning the main protagonist into a
completely different character who is now a mass murdering genocidal
monster.

> One of the main problems the revived show has faced is in my view the very
> auteurial role played by the new show runners - in short, they wrote far
> too much of the material themselves. Every season opener and closer, every
> special - and Chibnall brought that to its ultimate expression with a
> writers credit on all but seven of his episodes - including every single
> one of his last twelve.

Chibnall was so lacking in talent and writing ability that he only hired
writers who were worse that he was so that they would not show him up.
How could any sane person possibly expect a bunch of degenerate soap
opera hacks and political playwrights, the lowest of the low in the
writing world, to write science fiction, the most difficult genre it is
possible to write next to comedy.

> This is too close - a clear conflict of interest where the show runner is
> incapable of taking an objective view of the work until it’s too late. As a
> result the overall story quality has suffered down the years. I’m hoping
> RTD can step back to where he’s delivering under 50% of the stories at
> least - but with the reduced episode count per season now, it seems
> unlikely.

There is a complete lack or editorial control at the BBC. It's as if the
people in charge of drama have so many skeletons in their closets that
they dare not speak out against bad writing or anything that is being
sold as being woke, when it constitutes the epitome of sexism, racism,
bigotry and intolerance.

We've known from when Eccleston quit the series that RTD and his fellow
executive producers were tyrannical megalomaniacs that bullied the
members of their productions teams and actors that dared to challenge
them by making suggestions about how the writing on the show, the
characters and characterisation, lighting, sets, costumes, make up,
acting and directing could be improved.

> I don’t agree that Chibnall had contempt for the audience - rather, he fell

Chibnall had contempt for the entire series and his predecessors from
the classic era and totally despised both it and them. He was totally
disrespectful to the audience and anyone who did not share the same woke
bigoted views and him. Why else would he have systematically
contradicted and destroyed Terrance Dicks entire legacy?

Why else did he attack Pip and Jane Baker, two of the better writers of
the late JNT era, and writers whose writing was far superior to anything
he has ever written for Doctor Who.

> in love with his own concept of how to re-imagine the Cartmel Master Plan
> and as a result delivered a clumsy, over complicated set of changes that
> were unnecessary and unwanted without adding anything of value to the
> legend of the Doctor other than finally laying to rest the regeneration
> limit issue.

Without a regeneration limit there's no stakes involved as you know the
Doctor is never going to die, and now it's even worse when every
regeneration is a bigeneration so there's always going to be a backup.

This show is being written by a bunch of imbeciles whose heads are stuck
up their own arses.

> His vision of a more “every day drama” feel for the show just didn’t work:

You mean soap opera.

> it jarred badly with the content of the show, resulting in flat direction,
> weird pacing, a lack of exciting new villains and a lack of character
> engagement and development for the companions.

Domestic kitchen sink drama does not belong in the genre of science
fiction. Science fiction is not about petty interpersonal relationships
and meaningless gossip, and everyday life, things that intelligent
people want to escape from by watching TV, it's about the affect of
science, technology, and engineering, now thoughts, concepts, and ideas,
and man's battle against nature and heroic journey to better himself.

The main audience for science fiction has always been aspirational men,
and hijacking and changing it on order to attract more women to watch it
will only drive away viewers and readers of both genders, because all
that attracted them to watch it and which stimulated their minds has
been replaced by constant stupidity and illogical magic in place of
rational thought and logical analysis and decoction. Imbecilic women
between the ages of 35 to 44 of low intelligence and social standing,
and with no aspiration either for themselves or their children, from the
C2, D, and E socio-economic groups don't understand science fiction,
don't watch it, and never will, because they're only interested in
themselves; they can't and won't accept anything that's challenging or
different.

> Then the COVID affected Flux, with its rushed and dropped plot threads,
> confusing re-use of actors to represent ancient historical action,
> pointless secondary characters and wasted opportunities for the historical
> figures thrown into the mix, sealed the fate of this era as something to be
> more regretted than remembered fondly.

Flux was written by the mind of a 6 year old child with autism. Any
decent editor of drama would have thrown Chibnall's degenerate writing
into the bin. Maybe covid saved it from being even worse.

> It’s notable that Chibnall was at his best when delivering fan service: as
> a writer under RTD and Moffat his best work was a homage to Doctor Who and
> the Silurians, and the best episodes of his own era were his Dalek episodes
> and the very backward looking Power of the Doctor.

Under Davies and Moffat Chibnall's scripts were completely re-written by
both show runners because they were so bad and amateurish. Look at the
total stupidity of 42 even after the re-writes.

> I tried every now and again over the last few years but gave up when my
> admittedly probably dull and overlong thoughts were met with silence (other
> than the obligatory re-post and incoherent 3-5 word response from Dave).
>
> Mostly audio as I can’t focus on books the way I could 40 years ago, and
> have to fit in a real life as well.

Tim's constant spamming made discovering new subjects and Doctor Who
related material almost impossible and killed off the group to new members.

> …
>

>> It really amuses me how you call Chibnall the 'woke' one, since he wrote
>> some of the most un-woke scripts prior to becoming show runner, including
>> Day One, Cyberwoman, and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. Of all the three show
>> runners, RTD was and is probably the most 'woke', but even he is probably
>> leaning so heavily into it for financial and self-preservation reasons,
>> just like Moffat and Chibnall had to.
>
> Woke is the modern zeitgeist and to be relatable to a modern young audience
> the show has to reflect that.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<urg84i$22dr$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33413&group=rec.arts.drwho#33413

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 20:32:18 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 20:32 UTC

<E9OCN.920637$zRoc.132523@fx10.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33422&group=rec.arts.drwho#33422

From: TS...@home.com (Truthslave)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 21:19:26 +0000
 by: Truthslave - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 21:19 UTC

On 22/02/2024 15:01, Blueshirt wrote:
> The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
>
>> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it
>> had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
>
> This is not the end... it's just the beginning!
>
>> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
>> august Usenet newsgroup.
>
> Why? There's life after Google Groups.
>
>> So, regardless of whether you ever here from me again, go forward,
>> in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am mistaken in mine.
>
> Don't be a spoil sport... when you fall off of the bike the best
> thing to do is to get back on.
>
> Get a newsreader and we'll see you on the other side...
>
> If not, cheerio and toodle pip... <waves again>

Those of us who started out on BBS and dial-up modem will likely
have retained something of the knowledge required to setup a
newreader with the necessary setting.

The gen which followed with high-speed broadband, social media and
google.groups will most likely need a helping hand.

It might be useful to create a link to a step by step guide with
examples of popular News readers plus a few clues on port settings,
server names, etc.

Not everyone does geek.

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<xn0oiiadjazt5wo000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33423&group=rec.arts.drwho#33423

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 22:56:14 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 22:56 UTC

Truthslave wrote:

> On 22/02/2024 15:01, Blueshirt wrote:
> > The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
> >
> > > It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though,
> > > that it had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
> > >
> > > After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to
> > > this august Usenet newsgroup.
> > >
> > > So, regardless of whether you ever here from me again, go
> > > forward, in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am
> > > mistaken in mine.
> >
> > Don't be a spoil sport... when you fall off of the bike the best
> > thing to do is to get back on.
> >
> > Get a newsreader and we'll see you on the other side...
> >
> > If not, cheerio and toodle pip... <waves again>
>
> Those of us who started out on BBS and dial-up modem will likely
> have retained something of the knowledge required to setup a
> newreader with the necessary setting.
>
> The gen which followed with high-speed broadband, social media and
> google.groups will most likely need a helping hand.

JB (aka TCCK) is not part of the gen that followed, he's been
posting here for decades! (Under one name or another.) In fact he
was discussing Doctor Who here - principally the Seventh Doctor era
and the Virgin NA's - before Google even launched Google Groups!!!

> It might be useful to create a link to a step by step guide with
> examples of popular News readers plus a few clues on port
> settings, server names, etc.

Done that in December!
> Not everyone does geek.

People using Google Groups for their Usenet access have had two
months to sort themselves out with replacement ways of accessing
Usenet.. the tools were there at their disposal. Not just the links
that I posted, but the ability to ask questions...

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<urh0ri$m6s$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33435&group=rec.arts.drwho#33435

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 03:34:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 03:34 UTC

In article <E9OCN.920637$zRoc.132523@fx10.ams4>,
Truthslave <TS@home.com> wrote:
>On 22/02/2024 15:01, Blueshirt wrote:
>> The Coca Cola Kid wrote:
>>
>>> It has been a wild, and crazy ride. It is a shame, though, that it
>>> had to end with a whimper, rather than a bang.
>>
>> This is not the end... it's just the beginning!
>>
>>> After today, The Coca Cola Kid will no longer have access to this
>>> august Usenet newsgroup.
>>
>> Why? There's life after Google Groups.
>>
>>> So, regardless of whether you ever here from me again, go forward,
>>> in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am mistaken in mine.
>>
>> Don't be a spoil sport... when you fall off of the bike the best
>> thing to do is to get back on.
>>
>> Get a newsreader and we'll see you on the other side...
>>
>> If not, cheerio and toodle pip... <waves again>
>>

>Those of us who started out on BBS and dial-up modem will likely
>have retained something of the knowledge required to setup a
>newreader with the necessary setting.
>
>The gen which followed with high-speed broadband, social media and
>google.groups will most likely need a helping hand.
>
>It might be useful to create a link to a step by step guide with
>examples of popular News readers plus a few clues on port settings,
>server names, etc.
>
>Not everyone does geek.

Timwit, TCCK are older than me!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Goodbye, RADW!

<urh0so$m6s$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33436&group=rec.arts.drwho#33436

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 03:34:48 -0000 (UTC)

In article <xn0oiiadjazt5wo000@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Truthslave wrote:

>> > Don't be a spoil sport... when you fall off of the bike the best
>> > thing to do is to get back on.
>> >
>> > Get a newsreader and we'll see you on the other side...
>> >
>> > If not, cheerio and toodle pip... <waves again>
>>
>> Those of us who started out on BBS and dial-up modem will likely
>> have retained something of the knowledge required to setup a
>> newreader with the necessary setting.
>>
>> The gen which followed with high-speed broadband, social media and
>> google.groups will most likely need a helping hand.
>
>JB (aka TCCK) is not part of the gen that followed, he's been
>posting here for decades! (Under one name or another.) In fact he
>was discussing Doctor Who here - principally the Seventh Doctor era
>and the Virgin NA's - before Google even launched Google Groups!!!
>
>> It might be useful to create a link to a step by step guide with
>> examples of popular News readers plus a few clues on port
>> settings, server names, etc.
>
>Done that in December!
>
>> Not everyone does geek.
>
>People using Google Groups for their Usenet access have had two
>months to sort themselves out with replacement ways of accessing
>Usenet.. the tools were there at their disposal. Not just the links
>that I posted, but the ability to ask questions...

And I am witness to BS doing this!