There is no royal road to geometry. -- Euclid

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

SubjectAuthor
* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Other Doctor
|+- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
|+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
||+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|||+- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryJohn Hall
|||`- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
||`- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
|`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe True Doctor
| +- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
| `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryIdlehands
|  `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe True Doctor
|   +- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryIdlehands
|   `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
|`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
| `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|  +* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Other Doctor
|  |`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryIdlehands
|  | `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|  `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Last Doctor
|+- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryJohn Hall
|`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
| `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryJohn Hall
|`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Last Doctor
| `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Last Doctor
|  +* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversarysolar penguin
|  |+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  ||+- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  ||`- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  |`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Last Doctor
|  | `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  |  +* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
|  |  |+- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  |  |`- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
|  |  +- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  |  `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|  +* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|  |`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|  | `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
|  `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
+* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
|`- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryWouter Valentijn
`* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryThe Last Doctor
 +- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryBlueshirt
 `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
  `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
   `* David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65
    `- David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th AnniversaryDaniel65

Pages:123
Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<jeidooFgp66U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7953&group=rec.arts.drwho#7953

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Subject: Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 22:09:59 +0200
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Tue, 17 May 2022 20:09 UTC

Op 16-5-2022 om 22:57 schreef The Doctor:
> In article <jeffteFu1rrU1@mid.individual.net>,
> Wouter Valentijn <liam@valentijn.nu> wrote:
>> Op 15-5-2022 om 21:05 schreef Blueshirt:
>>> Probably the least surprising news of the week...
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
>>>
>>> David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the Doctor
>>> Who 60th anniversary episode.
>>>
>>> Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!
>>>

>> Good! Donna's my favorite Ten Companion.
>>

> Who are the other 9?

Ten as in the Tenth Doctor...
Or short for Tennant.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t61enp$vc6$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7957&group=rec.arts.drwho#7957

From: hidefr...@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 18:30:48 -0600
 by: Idlehands - Wed, 18 May 2022 00:30 UTC

On 2022-05-17 8:29 a.m., The Doctor wrote:
> In article <t60aik$bi3$1@dont-email.me>,
> The Other Doctor <stephen.wilson2004nospam@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> "The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message

>>> drwho has been around much longer than starwars, Dannyboy!
>>
>> You're an idiot, Yads. Star Wars Day is the 4th of May. "May the 4th be with
>> you." It's a pun on "may the force be with you."
>>
>> "May the 1st Doctor be with you." Not a pun on anything. Not amusing. Not
>> funny. Pathetic. But seems to amuse you and Tim for reasons unknown for half
>> the month.
>>

> Like Tim, your logic is impaired by emotions, SW. You are just humourless, SW!

First of all one needs to read something humorous, your continued
flogging of this crap is not even close to being humorous.

But mummy always laughs at your jokes doesn't she? Look in her eyes, I
bet they are laughing.

--
The very powerful and very stupid have one thing in common. They don't
alter their views to match the facts.

They alter the facts to match their views.

Doctor Who The Face of Evil, Part 4, January 22, 1977
(Binky couldn't name the episode)

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t62261$ql1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7961&group=rec.arts.drwho#7961

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 16:02:38 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Wed, 18 May 2022 06:02 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 17/05/2022 11:39 pm:
> In article <t60119$kk7$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 17/5/22 7:00 am:

>>> Fallacy, BS! We have more history than the rest!
>>
>> So how does 'more history' change 'The Facts', clown??

> drwho has been around much longer than starwars, Dannyboy!

Sorry! Was my question too hard for YOU, clown, to answer without trying
to bring in some totally extraneous SHIT in here, clown, trying to
BAFFLE us with BULLSHIT, clown??

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t622ah$ql1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7962&group=rec.arts.drwho#7962

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 16:05:04 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Wed, 18 May 2022 06:05 UTC

Idlehands wrote on 18/05/2022 10:30 am:
> On 2022-05-17 8:29 a.m., The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <t60aik$bi3$1@dont-email.me>, The Other Doctor
>> <stephen.wilson2004nospam@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>> "The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message

>>> You're an idiot, Yads. Star Wars Day is the 4th of May. "May the
>>> 4th be with you." It's a pun on "may the force be with you."
>>>
>>> "May the 1st Doctor be with you." Not a pun on anything. Not
>>> amusing. Not funny. Pathetic. But seems to amuse you and Tim for
>>> reasons unknown for half the month.
>>
>> Like Tim, your logic is impaired by emotions, SW. You are just
>> humourless, SW!
>
> First of all one needs to read something humorous, your continued
> flogging of this crap is not even close to being humorous.
>
> But mummy always laughs at your jokes doesn't she? Look in her eyes,
> I bet they are laughing.

Hear! Hear!!
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t65dji$3m9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8028&group=rec.arts.drwho#8028

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 12:36:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ul8Z2j2EupAGXvrfwXPbsRkFkdo=
 by: The Last Doctor - Thu, 19 May 2022 12:36 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <8c7d4827-7f3c-416f-b6fb-6de79be61d96n@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Gives my age away when I say I read that as “Depending on where they pick
>>> up 10cc and Donna”.
>>>
>>> Probably on Radio Caroline.
>>
>> Why Radio Caroline?
>
> Who knows.

It was a famous “pirate” radio station with a very powerful transmitter to
allow it a good footprint of the U.K. when broadcasting from its offshore
ships - which it did from 1964 to 1991 when its broadcasting vessel sank.
It carried on intermittently as a digital and internet service until 2017
when it was awarded a broadcasting licence and allocated the 648hz AM
waveband which was once the home of - the BBC World Service. It is still on
the air, no longer a pirate.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t65djm$3m9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8029&group=rec.arts.drwho#8029

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 12:36:07 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:f/DsvKaQm+vkI61H0IGj6r1L3cw=
 by: The Last Doctor - Thu, 19 May 2022 12:36 UTC

Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> Probably the least surprising news of the week...
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
>
> David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the Doctor
> Who 60th anniversary episode.
>
> Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!

It occurs to me that if Donna’s mental issues can be “fixed”, a spin-off
using the Noble name might be in the offing.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t65qvq$oiu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8033&group=rec.arts.drwho#8033

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 16:24:26 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:sAa6om1jwzgoiufiP70qIgMP3DU=
 by: solar penguin - Thu, 19 May 2022 16:24 UTC

Tim typed:

> On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 5:36:06 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
>> The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

>>> Who knows.
>> It was a famous “pirate” radio station with a very powerful transmitter to
>> allow it a good footprint of the U.K. when broadcasting from its offshore
>> ships - which it did from 1964 to 1991 when its broadcasting vessel sank.
>> It carried on intermittently as a digital and internet service until 2017
>> when it was awarded a broadcasting licence and allocated the 648hz AM
>> waveband which was once the home of - the BBC World Service. It is still on
>> the air, no longer a pirate.
>
> 10cc of what?

A seventies rock band.

--
solar penguin

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<jenekvFfll0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8034&group=rec.arts.drwho#8034

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 19:55:43 +0200
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Thu, 19 May 2022 17:55 UTC

Op 19-5-2022 om 18:50 schreef tsbr...@gmail.com:
> On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 9:24:29 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
>> Tim typed:

>>> 10cc of what?
>>>
>> A seventies rock band.
>
> What a strange name!

You never heard of them? Have you never heard 'Dreadlock Holiday'? They
were also popular in The Netherlands, as was their spin-off group Godley
and Creme (with for instance 'An Englishman in New-York').

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<jenfabFfojsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8035&group=rec.arts.drwho#8035

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 20:07:07 +0200
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Thu, 19 May 2022 18:07 UTC

Op 19-5-2022 om 19:55 schreef Wouter Valentijn:
> Op 19-5-2022 om 18:50 schreef tsbr...@gmail.com:
>> On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 9:24:29 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
>>> Tim typed:

>>> A seventies rock band.
>>
>> What a strange name!
>

> You never heard of them? Have you never heard 'Dreadlock Holiday'? They
> were also popular in The Netherlands, as was their spin-off group Godley
> and Creme (with for instance 'An Englishman in New-York').

That last song I mentioned had a great clip BTW. It almost looks like
something out of Doctor who! ;-)

https://youtu.be/RJre-YHmLaI

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t66f26$d5v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8036&group=rec.arts.drwho#8036

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 22:07:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 19 May 2022 22:07 UTC

The Last Doctor wrote:

> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > Probably the least surprising news of the week...
> >
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
> >
> > David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the
> > Doctor Who 60th anniversary episode.
> >
> > Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!
>
> It occurs to me that if Donna’s mental issues can be “fixed”, a
> spin-off using the Noble name might be in the offing.

Never say never again...

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t6788t$nif$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8046&group=rec.arts.drwho#8046

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 15:17:14 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 20 May 2022 05:17 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 20/5/22 7:09 am:
> In article <t65djm$3m9$2@dont-email.me>, The Last Doctor
> <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>>> Probably the least surprising news of the week...
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61455936
>>>
>>> David Tennant and Catherine Tate are currently filming for the
>>> Doctor Who 60th anniversary episode.
>>>
>>> Is RTD going to bring all of his old gang back I wonder?!
>>
>> It occurs to me that if Donna’s mental issues can be “fixed”,
>> a spin-off using the Noble name might be in the offing.
>
> Depends if the surpression is still on.

Say WHAT?? Mike posted ".... if Donna’s mental issues can be “fixed”,
...." but YOU, clown, thought that needed further explanation!!

So nothing worthwhile to contribute .... but *HAD* to contribute,
none-the-less!! But, still, it's a post so added to your Precious Post
Count, clown!!

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t67aln$42t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8056&group=rec.arts.drwho#8056

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 15:58:13 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 20 May 2022 05:58 UTC

The Last Doctor wrote on 19/5/22 10:36 pm:
> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article
>> <8c7d4827-7f3c-416f-b6fb-6de79be61d96n@googlegroups.com>,
>> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Why Radio Caroline?
>>
>> Who knows.
>
> It was a famous “pirate” radio station with a very powerful
> transmitter to allow it a good footprint of the U.K. when
> broadcasting from its offshore ships - which it did from 1964 to 1991
> when its broadcasting vessel sank. It carried on intermittently as a
> digital and internet service until 2017 when it was awarded a
> broadcasting licence and allocated the 648hz AM waveband which was
> once the home of - the BBC World Service. It is still on the air, no
> longer a pirate.

"648hz AM"?? WOW WEE!! That's Very, Very, Long Wave!!

Or is it Very, Very, Very, Very, Long Wave!!
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t67b1e$6eu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8057&group=rec.arts.drwho#8057

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 16:04:28 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 20 May 2022 06:04 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 20/5/22 7:16 am:
> In article <1adfbb88-ff32-4384-8a07-88e7c746b3adn@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbrueni264@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 5:36:06 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor
>> wrote:

>>> It was a famous “pirate” radio station with a very powerful
>>> transmitter to allow it a good footprint of the U.K. when
>>> broadcasting from its offshore ships - which it did from 1964 to
>>> 1991 when its broadcasting vessel sank. It carried on
>>> intermittently as a digital and internet service until 2017 when
>>> it was awarded a broadcasting licence and allocated the 648hz AM
>>> waveband which was once the home of - the BBC World Service. It
>>> is still on the air, no longer a pirate.
>>
>> 10cc of what?
>
> Air?

No!! 'Air Supply' was a totally separate group to '10CC'.

https://airsupplymusic.com/

WOW!! They're still touring!!

(Oh, and your news reader is again stuffing up the quoted material,
idiot!! Did YOU, clown, change fonts or something, clown?)

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<jepqo6Ftgf5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8076&group=rec.arts.drwho#8076

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 17:34:30 +0200
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Fri, 20 May 2022 15:34 UTC

Op 19-5-2022 om 23:17 schreef The Doctor:
> In article <jenekvFfll0U1@mid.individual.net>,
> Wouter Valentijn <liam@valentijn.nu> wrote:

>> where they pick

>> transmitter to

>>> What a strange name!
>>

>> You never heard of them? Have you never heard 'Dreadlock Holiday'? They
>> were also popular in The Netherlands, as was their spin-off group Godley
>> and Creme (with for instance 'An Englishman in New-York').
>>

> Just like not hearing of 2 Unlimited.

The Dutch band?

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t68oh2$pqj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8080&group=rec.arts.drwho#8080

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 19:00:50 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:qOxjRjP+cd6DEkEnolah0Zo6Esk=
 by: The Last Doctor - Fri, 20 May 2022 19:00 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 9:24:29 AM UTC-7, solar penguin wrote:
>> Tim typed:

>>> 10cc of what?
>>>
>> A seventies rock band.
>
> What a strange name!

They were huge.

Donna
Rubber Bullets
Life is a Minestrone
Art for Arts Sake
I’m Not in Love *
I’m Mandy, Fly Me
Dreadlock Holiday
The Things We Do For Love *
Good Morning Judge
The Wall Street Shuffle

… I’d have to Google for more. Admittedly only a couple of those (starred)
were big hits in the USA.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t6cksn$k06$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8109&group=rec.arts.drwho#8109

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:23:18 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 22 May 2022 06:23 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 21/5/22 12:17 am:
> In article <t6788t$nif$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 20/5/22 7:09 am:

>>> Depends if the surpression is still on.
>>
>> Say WHAT?? Mike posted ".... if Donna’s mental issues can be
>> “fixed”, ..." but YOU, clown, thought that needed further
>> explanation!!
>>
>> So nothing worthwhile to contribute .... but *HAD* to contribute,
>> none-the-less!! But, still, it's a post so added to your Precious
>> Post Count, clown!!

> And you do nto recall the closing of Journey's End, Dannyboy.

"nto"??

Long time ago, clown!! What was "Journey's End" all about, clown??

Who cares??

(Oh, and your news reader is again stuffing up the quoted material,
idiot!! Did YOU, clown, change fonts or something, clown?)

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t6cqnt$k03$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8122&group=rec.arts.drwho#8122

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 18:03:08 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 22 May 2022 08:03 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 21/5/22 12:37 am:
> In article <t67aln$42t$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Last Doctor wrote on 19/5/22 10:36 pm:

>>> It was a famous “pirate” radio station with a very powerful
>>> transmitter to allow it a good footprint of the U.K. when
>>> broadcasting from its offshore ships - which it did from 1964 to 1991
>>> when its broadcasting vessel sank. It carried on intermittently as a
>>> digital and internet service until 2017 when it was awarded a
>>> broadcasting licence and allocated the 648hz AM waveband which was
>>> once the home of - the BBC World Service. It is still on the air, no
>>> longer a pirate.
>>>
>> "648hz AM"?? WOW WEE!! That's Very, Very, Long Wave!!
>>
>> Or is it Very, Very, Very, Very, Long Wave!!
>
> AM is AM radio.

*NO!* You're joking, clown!! "AM is AM radio"?? Really!!

and 648hz, clown, is an *AUDIO FREQUENCY*, clown!! Not used for AM
Radio, clown!! Used to be broadcast *OVER* AM radio, clown, but not used
*TO BROADCAST* AM radio, clown!!

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<jeuqkkFrq02U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8136&group=rec.arts.drwho#8136

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 15:03:16 +0200
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Sun, 22 May 2022 13:03 UTC

Op 22-5-2022 om 09:18 schreef tsbr...@gmail.com:
> On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 1:28:41 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> In article <t68oh2$pqj$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> The Last Doctor <mi...@xenocyte.com> wrote:

>>> where they pick

>>> transmitter to
>>> still on

>>> They were huge.
>>>
>>> Donna
>>> Rubber Bullets
>>> Life is a Minestrone
>>> Art for Arts Sake
>>> I’m Not in Love *
>>> I’m Mandy, Fly Me
>>> Dreadlock Holiday
>>> The Things We Do For Love *
>>> Good Morning Judge
>>> The Wall Street Shuffle
>>>
>>> … I’d have to Google for more. Admittedly only a couple of those (starred)
>>> were big hits in the USA.
>>>
>> Tim is that dense.
>
> I was a child way back in the 1970s, so wasn't up to memorizing esoteric band names!

I was a child in the 1970s too. Turned only 13 in 1979. I had no need to
memorize "esoteric" band names. The bands were just there and I enjoyed
the music. But there are probably bands that were big in the US that
didn't make it big over here.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t6df5n$mkt$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8138&group=rec.arts.drwho#8138

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 13:51:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 22 May 2022 13:51 UTC

Wouter Valentijn wrote:

> Op 22-5-2022 om 09:18 schreef tsbr...@gmail.com:
> > On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 1:28:41 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com
> > wrote:

> > > Tim is that dense.
> >
> > I was a child way back in the 1970s, so wasn't up to memorizing
> > esoteric band names!
>
> I was a child in the 1970s too. Turned only 13 in 1979. I had no need
> to memorize "esoteric" band names. The bands were just there and I
> enjoyed the music. But there are probably bands that were big in the
> US that didn't make it big over here.

'Rubber Bullets' rings a bell, but I don't particularly remember a band
called 10cc ... I was probably buying ABBA records back then!

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<jeuvbuFsm00U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8140&group=rec.arts.drwho#8140

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:23:58 +0200
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Sun, 22 May 2022 14:23 UTC

Op 22-5-2022 om 15:33 schreef tsbru...@gmail.com:
> On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 6:03:19 AM UTC-7, Wouter Valentijn wrote:

>>> I was a child way back in the 1970s, so wasn't up to memorizing esoteric band names!
>>
>> I was a child in the 1970s too. Turned only 13 in 1979. I had no need to
>> memorize "esoteric" band names. The bands were just there and I enjoyed
>> the music. But there are probably bands that were big in the US that
>> didn't make it big over here.
>
> Did I misspell a term?

Not to my knowledge. Only your use of the word "esoteric" is kinda funny.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<jeuvefFsm00U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8141&group=rec.arts.drwho#8141

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:25:20 +0200
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Sun, 22 May 2022 14:25 UTC

Op 22-5-2022 om 15:51 schreef Blueshirt:
> Wouter Valentijn wrote:
>
>> Op 22-5-2022 om 09:18 schreef tsbr...@gmail.com:

>>> I was a child way back in the 1970s, so wasn't up to memorizing
>>> esoteric band names!
>>
>> I was a child in the 1970s too. Turned only 13 in 1979. I had no need
>> to memorize "esoteric" band names. The bands were just there and I
>> enjoyed the music. But there are probably bands that were big in the
>> US that didn't make it big over here.
>
> 'Rubber Bullets' rings a bell, but I don't particularly remember a band
> called 10cc ... I was probably buying ABBA records back then!

I loved ABBA too.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<jevnkmF2m9rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8148&group=rec.arts.drwho#8148

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 23:18:15 +0200
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Sun, 22 May 2022 21:18 UTC

Shocking Blue.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t6f658$hi8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8152&group=rec.arts.drwho#8152

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 15:30:16 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 23 May 2022 05:30 UTC

Cross-post removed!!

The Doctor wrote on 22/5/22 9:05 pm:
> In article <t6cksn$k06$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 21/5/22 12:17 am:

>>> And you do nto recall the closing of Journey's End, Dannyboy.
>>
>> "nto"??
>>
>> Long time ago, clown!! What was "Journey's End" all about, clown??
>>
>> Who cares??
>>
>> (Oh, and your news reader is again stuffing up the quoted
>> material, idiot!! Did YOU, clown, change fonts or something,
>> clown?)

> You saw Donna needing to be cured of her Docotor-Donna complex,
> Dannyboy!

"Docotor"??

Oh!! Did I, clown??

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t6f9vs$6s7$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8156&group=rec.arts.drwho#8156

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 06:35:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 23 May 2022 06:35 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <t6df5n$mkt$2@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> >
> > 'Rubber Bullets' rings a bell, but I don't particularly remember a
> > band called 10cc ... I was probably buying ABBA records back then!
>
> What do you recall of Eurovision?

Quite a lot, unfortunately!

Re: David Tennant & Catherine Tate return for the 60th Anniversary

<t6fi6a$pba$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8170&group=rec.arts.drwho#8170

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 18:55:41 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 23 May 2022 08:55 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 22/5/22 9:29 pm:
> In article <t6cqnt$k03$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 21/5/22 12:37 am:

<Snip>

>>> AM is AM radio.
>>
>> *NO!* You're joking, clown!! "AM is AM radio"?? Really!!
>>
>> and 648hz, clown, is an *AUDIO FREQUENCY*, clown!! Not used for AM
>> Radio, clown!! Used to be broadcast *OVER* AM radio, clown, but not
>> used *TO BROADCAST* AM radio, clown!!

> Any AM radio still in Aus, Dannyboy?

Yes, clown, why do YOU, ask, clown??