Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 08:38:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: postpoetry / gjd
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:38 UTC

On Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 11:10:16 AM UTC-4, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> On 2022-11-02 10:25 a.m., Will Dockery wrote:
> > George J. Dance wrote:

> >> No, that was a false accusation of PJ Ross's (and, now, yours). The
> >> alleged plagiaized poem that PJ Ross claimed I'd posted never existed.
> >> When that was not just pointed out but proven, he simply made up a story
> >> that I'd "deleted" it (not just from Google groups, but from all of
> >> usenet).

> >> Actually, I think allowing bogus allegations like the above one go
> >> unanswered would be far worse for my reputation.
> >
> > Yes, correct the lies and misrepresentations and set the record straight, in other words.
> >
> Indeed. I don't get to do that with the Chimp's stories about you (since
> you don't want me writing the details of your life), or of Michael's
> false story about Ilya (since he doesn't want me writing about that) --

I didn't make up the story about Ilya. And I have repeatedly argued that we'll never be able to know whether it is true.

> but there's no reason I or anyone else) should let either of them get
> away with writing the same kind of bullshit about me in false hope
> they'll stop someday.

A comparison of the two poems shows that "Betty's" and "Penny's" hats are nearly word-for-word rip-offs of "Batty's."

I have defended your unattributed posting of Leonard Cohen's poem on several occasions, and still maintain that you were not attempting to pass it off as your own. But your theft of "Batty's Hat" is undeniable.

I can only conclude that you are as delusional as a Donkey regarding it.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o postpoetry / gjd

By: George J. Dance on Wed, 19 Oct 2022

303George J. Dance