From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: Re: postpoetry / gjd
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 12:39:52 -0400
 by: George J. Dance - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 16:39 UTC

UTC, george....@yahoo.ca wrote:

> [...]
"Professor"; it's about what the

your lack of punctuation help your poem?

opinion), but *should* she have.

literary theft when George Dance refused to remove our poetry from his
website and posted out of context quotes by us in his wiki.
PJR. And you know that, as well.

finding it disturbingly convincing.

George Dance would be happy about it.

Donkey insist on pressing the issue. As previously noted, I don't
believe that George Dance intentionally set out to plagiarize PJR.

>>> Yes, correct the lies and misrepresentations and set the record
straight, in other words.

>> Indeed. I don't get to do that with the Chimp's stories about you (since
>> you don't want me writing the details of your life), or of Michael's
>> false story about Ilya (since he doesn't want me writing about that) --
>
> I didn't make up the story about Ilya.

You took a reported story and changed the details. And, that's all I'll
say about that, since (due to you) Ilya doesn't want me giving details.

> And I have repeatedly argued that we'll never be able to know whether
it is true.

No, that is not true. I remember you telling the Ashtroll the story
about it yourself -- and you never told him that you didn't know whether
it was true or not. You just presented it to him as a true story.

>> but there's no reason I or anyone else) should let either of them get
>> away with writing the same kind of bullshit about me in false hope
>> they'll stop someday.
>
> A comparison of the two poems shows that "Betty's" and "Penny's" hats
are nearly word-for-word rip-offs of "Batty's."

Then what's stopping you from comparing the two poems? So far, all
you've done is compare PJ's "poem" to a lines in an early draft that I
didn't even write (Ray wrote them, with one word change by Will), and
just tried to pass that off as my poem. As I told you, try again.

> I have defended your unattributed posting of Leonard Cohen's poem on
several occasions, and still maintain that you were not attempting to
pass it off as your own. > But your theft of "Batty's Hat" is undeniable.

Wrong. Go back and read my actual poem (or at least the lines in it that
you claim are 'plagiarized'. They're all substantially different.

> I can only conclude that you are as delusional as a Donkey regarding it.

I'll remind you that PJ Ross not only claimed that "Penny" was
plagiarized, but gave me an ultimatum to remove it from my blog or he'd
go to Google (which hosts the site). I refused, and we stared it out
eyeball-to-eyeball, until he finally blinked and admitted that "Penny"
was substantially different from his "poem".

So according to you, he was also "delusional as a Donkey". So was Ray,
of course, since he never even claimed my poem was "plagiarized.

Tell me: Is there anyone besides you that you think is not "delusional
as a Donkey" on the subject?

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o postpoetry / gjd

By: George J. Dance on Wed, 19 Oct 2022