aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.

SubjectAuthor
* Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.aprilsweetheartrose.
+- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Jeff Gaines
+* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.John Rumm
|+- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.SH
|`- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.RJH
+* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.alan_m
|+- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Mike Clarke
|`- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Thomas Prufer
+- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Harry Bloomfield Esq
+- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.S Viemeister
+- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Scott
+* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Fredxx
|+* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.John Rumm
||`* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Andrew
|| +* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Fredxx
|| |`* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.alan_m
|| | `* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.aprilsweetheartrose.
|| |  `- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.alan_m
|| `- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.aprilsweetheartrose.
|`- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Robin
`* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Brian Gaff
 `* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.aprilsweetheartrose.
  +* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Tricky Dicky
  |`* Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.aprilsweetheartrose.
  | `- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.alan_m
  `- Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.Andrew

Pages:12
Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.

<uaflkd$ku52$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=100146&group=uk.d-i-y#100146

From: Andrew...@btinternet.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Getting lining paper off wall - desperate.
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 08:39:57 +0100
 by: Andrew - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 07:39 UTC

On 02/08/2023 11:03, aprilsweetheartrose. wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 9:15:25 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> In some cases you just have to don your protective clothing and get out the
>> sander.
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> --
>>

> Well I have wondered about that. I have done other rooms ( the whole place is covered in woodchip wallpaper from a re vamp in the 1970's - everyone since seems to have left it or painted over it. I decided that the time had come to cure all the damp once and for all and I am stripping back to the walls. They are generally fine bar re plastering over dado rails which seem to have been removed from all rooms. ( I wish they hadnt. I always liked dado rails).

Re-instate them ??. This would distract the eye from the poor plaster
repair.