186,000 Miles per Second. It's not just a good idea. IT'S THE LAW.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floor

SubjectAuthor
* Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorBrian Gaff
+* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorTricky Dicky
|+* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorSH
||+- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorSteveW
||`* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorBrian Gaff
|| `* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorAndrew
||  +- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorThe Natural Philosopher
||  `* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorRJH
||   `* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorThe Natural Philosopher
||    `- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorRJH
|+* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorThe Natural Philosopher
||+- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorSteveW
||`- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorBrian Gaff
|+* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorBrian
||`- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorme9
|`- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorBrian Gaff
+* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorBob Eager
|`* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorThe Natural Philosopher
| `* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorS Viemeister
|  `- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorBob Eager
+- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorPaul
+- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen flooruk.d-i-y
+* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen flooruk.d-i-y
|`- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorBrian Gaff
+- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorjim.gm4dhj
+- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorRJH
`* Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorClive Arthur
 `- Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floorTim+

Pages:12
Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floor

<ueh77e$3g1t8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=104543&group=uk.d-i-y#104543

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floor
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 10:51:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 10:51 UTC

On 21 Sep 2023 at 09:22:20 BST, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

> On 21/09/2023 09:12, RJH wrote:
>> On 20 Sep 2023 at 18:50:16 BST, Andrew wrote:
>>
>>> Replace with a Miele (but you will soon find out if
>>> woodworm has chomped your underfloor joists or baords
>>> because it will vanish downwards). V heavy washing machines.
>>>

>> Where's the weight in them? Just another 20kg of concrete . . . ?
>>

> And the rest. Heavy gauge steel,

Couple of kg maybe? And what's the point - it won't last any longer.

> and SHOCK ABSORBERS on the drum

As I said downthread, my basic Hotpoint has those - just replaced them, maybe
500g the pair.

--
Cheers, Rob, Sheffield UK

Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floor

<uehc3s$3gvob$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=104552&group=uk.d-i-y#104552

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 13:14:51 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 12:14 UTC

On 18/09/2023 10:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
> I was just wondering in this wonderful world of new materials if anyone who
> has a washing machine has solved the intense vibration on a wooden floor
> without resorting to pouring concrete?

<snip>

I think if the centre of rotation could be adjusted, it might be
possible to much reduce the vibration. I wonder if such a mechanism -
which would have to adjust dynamically - could be made entirely mechanical.

Pretend it's for military use and there'd be no problem with funding.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floor

<2113684601.717058914.782491.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=104582&group=uk.d-i-y#104582

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 22 Sep 2023 07:04:21 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 07:04 UTC

Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:
> On 18/09/2023 10:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> I was just wondering in this wonderful world of new materials if anyone who
>> has a washing machine has solved the intense vibration on a wooden floor
>> without resorting to pouring concrete?
>
> <snip>
>
> I think if the centre of rotation could be adjusted, it might be
> possible to much reduce the vibration. I wonder if such a mechanism -
> which would have to adjust dynamically - could be made entirely mechanical.
>
> Pretend it's for military use and there'd be no problem with funding.

Many machines effectively do this already. If the load is unbalanced at the
start of spin they’ll stop, reverse and restart to redistribute the load.

Brian either has a broken/worn out washing machine or a dodgy floor joist.
My money is on the latter.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls