From Sharp minds come... pointed heads. -- Bryan Sparrowhawk

<5234100b-35a2-47d5-97ce-9c1c7e0008f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12186&group=aus.cars#12186

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 04:19:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: LEXUS
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:19 UTC

Just watched a vid. of an alternator swap on a 2011 Lexus (Rainman Ray)....Fuck that!
Half the engine removed just to get close, and even with all fastenings out its a shit fight all the way. Definitely *not* for me, I couldn`t get my hands even close...
Glad I can pick and choose.

Re: LEXUS

<j850arFa9mfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12190&group=aus.cars#12190

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: LEXUS
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 09:23:23 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 22:23 UTC

On 28/2/2022 11:19 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> Just watched a vid. of an alternator swap on a 2011 Lexus (Rainman Ray)....Fuck that!
> Half the engine removed just to get close, and even with all fastenings out its a shit fight all the way. Definitely *not* for me, I couldn`t get my hands even close...
> Glad I can pick and choose.

I didn't watch all of it but I saw something similar on another YouTube
channel.
Alternator was under the V8 valley cover which had to be removed to
access it?
What a dumb idea.

--
Daryl

Re: LEXUS

<svkqq3$3r3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12229&group=aus.cars#12229

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 20:59:31 +1100
 by: Noddy - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 09:59 UTC

On 1/03/2022 9:23 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 28/2/2022 11:19 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>> Just watched a vid. of an alternator swap on a 2011 Lexus (Rainman
>> Ray)....Fuck that!
>>      Half the engine removed just to get close, and even with all
>> fastenings out its a shit fight all the way. Definitely *not* for me,
>> I couldn`t get my hands even close...
>>      Glad I can pick and choose.
>

> I didn't watch all of it but I saw something similar on another YouTube
> channel.
> Alternator was under the V8 valley cover which had to be removed to
> access it?
> What a dumb idea.

I never watched it, but there's a lot of cars like that these days. The
turbo on my Navara is set deep in the engine's V at the rear, and to get
access to it you need to remove the transmission.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: LEXUS

<eb85da8c-7bc2-48b7-928b-5e9517680c20n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12235&group=aus.cars#12235

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 03:03:11 -0800 (PST)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 11:03 UTC

On Tuesday, 1 March 2022 at 20:59:33 UTC+11, Noddy wrote:
> On 1/03/2022 9:23 am, Daryl wrote:
> > On 28/2/2022 11:19 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> >> Just watched a vid. of an alternator swap on a 2011 Lexus (Rainman
> >> Ray)....Fuck that!
> >> Half the engine removed just to get close, and even with all
> >> fastenings out its a shit fight all the way. Definitely *not* for me,
> >> I couldn`t get my hands even close...
> >> Glad I can pick and choose.
> >

> > I didn't watch all of it but I saw something similar on another YouTube
> > channel.
> > Alternator was under the V8 valley cover which had to be removed to
> > access it?
> > What a dumb idea.
> I never watched it, but there's a lot of cars like that these days. The
> turbo on my Navara is set deep in the engine's V at the rear, and to get
> access to it you need to remove the transmission.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was an 2011 RX 350.. Alt. down the front of the engine.This blokes first go at one.
However like a lot of things, there are other/easier ways, in the comments a lexus expert explained taking off the inner right guard, poking a 6 mm bolt thru a hole in belt tensioner and pulling on the tensioner allowing bolt to drop into a hole in the block allowing access to lower alternator bolt..The bit that caused all the trouble....Still a cunt of a job, but maybe he shoulda done a wee google first. :)
(I *still* wouldn`t do it.)

> --
> --
> --
> Regards,
> Noddy.

Re: LEXUS

<svl0om$h2s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12237&group=aus.cars#12237

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 22:41:07 +1100
 by: Noddy - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 11:41 UTC

On 1/03/2022 10:03 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 March 2022 at 20:59:33 UTC+11, Noddy wrote:

>>> I didn't watch all of it but I saw something similar on another YouTube
>>> channel.
>>> Alternator was under the V8 valley cover which had to be removed to
>>> access it?
>>> What a dumb idea.

>> I never watched it, but there's a lot of cars like that these days. The
>> turbo on my Navara is set deep in the engine's V at the rear, and to get
>> access to it you need to remove the transmission.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> This was an 2011 RX 350.. Alt. down the front of the engine.This blokes first go at one.
> However like a lot of things, there are other/easier ways, in the comments a lexus expert explained taking off the inner right guard, poking a 6 mm bolt thru a hole in belt tensioner and pulling on the tensioner allowing bolt to drop into a hole in the block allowing access to lower alternator bolt..The bit that caused all the trouble....Still a cunt of a job, but maybe he shoulda done a wee google first. :)
> (I *still* wouldn`t do it.)

As I said, there's a lot like that these days.

Something as basic as a VE Commodore V8 is a cunt of a thing for an
alternator change in that the power steering pump sits right on top of
the alternator completely blocking access to it. You have to remove the
power steering pump and it's bracket to get access to the alternator so
you can remove it.

Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be for V8 Commodore
owners, the power steering pumps on VE V8's are hideously unreliable and
usually dump a tonne of transmission fluid into the alternator when they
fail, requiring both pump and alternator to be changed together.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: LEXUS

<svl4pj$a0u$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12241&group=aus.cars#12241

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 20:49:55 +0800
 by: Clocky - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 12:49 UTC

On 1/03/2022 7:41 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> I never watched it, but there's a lot of cars like that these days. The
>>> turbo on my Navara is set deep in the engine's V at the rear, and to get
>>> access to it you need to remove the transmission.
>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>   This was an 2011 RX 350.. Alt. down the front of the engine.This
>> blokes first go at one.
>>       However like a lot of things, there are other/easier ways, in
>> the comments a lexus expert explained taking off the inner right
>> guard, poking a 6 mm bolt thru a hole in belt tensioner and pulling on
>> the tensioner allowing bolt to drop into a hole in the block allowing
>> access to lower alternator bolt..The bit that caused all the
>> trouble....Still a cunt of a job, but maybe he shoulda done a wee
>> google first. :)
>>    (I *still* wouldn`t do it.)
>
> As I said, there's a lot like that these days.
>
> Something as basic as a VE Commodore V8 is a cunt of a thing for an
> alternator change in that the power steering pump sits right on top of
> the alternator completely blocking access to it. You have to remove the
> power steering pump and it's bracket to get access to the alternator so
> you can remove it.
>
> Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be for V8 Commodore
> owners, the power steering pumps on VE V8's are hideously unreliable and
> usually dump a tonne of transmission fluid into the alternator when they
> fail, requiring both pump and alternator to be changed together.

<snigger>

Oh yeah...

Keep fishing pal.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: LEXUS

<j87lclFpu6lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12253&group=aus.cars#12253

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 09:34:59 +1100
 by: Daryl - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 22:34 UTC

On 1/3/2022 10:41 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> I never watched it, but there's a lot of cars like that these days. The
>>> turbo on my Navara is set deep in the engine's V at the rear, and to get
>>> access to it you need to remove the transmission.
>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>   This was an 2011 RX 350.. Alt. down the front of the engine.This
>> blokes first go at one.
>>       However like a lot of things, there are other/easier ways, in
>> the comments a lexus expert explained taking off the inner right
>> guard, poking a 6 mm bolt thru a hole in belt tensioner and pulling on
>> the tensioner allowing bolt to drop into a hole in the block allowing
>> access to lower alternator bolt..The bit that caused all the
>> trouble....Still a cunt of a job, but maybe he shoulda done a wee
>> google first. :)
>>    (I *still* wouldn`t do it.)
>
> As I said, there's a lot like that these days.
>
> Something as basic as a VE Commodore V8 is a cunt of a thing for an
> alternator change in that the power steering pump sits right on top of
> the alternator completely blocking access to it. You have to remove the
> power steering pump and it's bracket to get access to the alternator so
> you can remove it.
>
> Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be for V8 Commodore
> owners, the power steering pumps on VE V8's are hideously unreliable and
> usually dump a tonne of transmission fluid into the alternator when they
> fail, requiring both pump and alternator to be changed together.

Nice.
My model Benz alternator is very easy to change especially if you have a
hoist because it has to be accessed from underneath.
I had to change mine after the front bearing failed, I suspect that
after fixing an oil leak then using lots of degreaser and water to clean
the front of the engine that mess got into the alternator damaging the
bearing.

--
Daryl

Re: LEXUS

<svm8td$d95$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12256&group=aus.cars#12256

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 10:06:18 +1100
 by: Noddy - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 23:06 UTC

On 2/03/2022 9:34 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 1/3/2022 10:41 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be for V8 Commodore
>> owners, the power steering pumps on VE V8's are hideously unreliable
>> and usually dump a tonne of transmission fluid into the alternator
>> when they fail, requiring both pump and alternator to be changed
>> together.
>>

> Nice.

Not if you're a Commodore owner, but then you need to have a masochistic
bent to want to own one of the cunts of things anyway :)

> My model Benz alternator is very easy to change especially if you have a
> hoist because it has to be accessed from underneath.
> I had to change mine after the front bearing failed, I suspect that
> after fixing an oil leak then using lots of degreaser and water to clean
> the front of the engine that mess got into the alternator damaging the
> bearing.

Not many engines like to get wet these days.

There are some *stupidly* designed vehicles out there when it comes to
maintenance and/or repair. One of the better ones I've seen in recent
times was a Nissan GQ Patrol with a 4.2 petrol engine in it. I had a guy
I used to do work for plead with me to change the clutch in his as he
couldn't find anyone else willing to do it, and after looking at the
thing it's not hard to see why.

To get the gearbox out you have to remove the starter and bellhousing
bolts which is a chore in itself, and then pull the gearbox back just
enough to clear the dowels before rotating it almost 180 degrees to
allow the starter "hump" to clear the transmission tunnel and the
gearbox to be moved back and dropped out.

A chore made more difficult by the fact that Nissan glues the
bellhousings to the back of the engine block to seal the clutch against
water ingress in off road conditions and breaking that seal can be hard
work after some years, but also because the transmission needs to be
removed with the transfer case attached and the combined weight of them
is well over a couple hundred kg's. You can't tilt the engine back
enough to get enough clearance to pull the trans straight out, and the
only other way of doing it is to remove the engine which is just as much
work if not more. It is one of the best examples of manufacturers
throwing vehicles together without giving the slightest shit about how
they need to be taken apart for maintenance that I've seen.

And no, I didn't do his clutch either. After looking at it and
discovering how it needed to be done I told him I wasn't interested. At
this stage of my life I don't need to work that hard :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: LEXUS

<j87upmFri61U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12261&group=aus.cars#12261

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 12:15:31 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 01:15 UTC

On 2/3/2022 10:06 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 2/03/2022 9:34 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 1/3/2022 10:41 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be for V8 Commodore
>>> owners, the power steering pumps on VE V8's are hideously unreliable
>>> and usually dump a tonne of transmission fluid into the alternator
>>> when they fail, requiring both pump and alternator to be changed
>>> together.
>>>

>> Nice.
>
> Not if you're a Commodore owner, but then you need to have a masochistic
> bent to want to own one of the cunts of things anyway :)

Just got back from my son's factory, he just bought a wrecked VE SS
wagon that's been rolled.
Its only done approx 100,000km so the engine and trans with the ECU etc
is worth around $11,000.00 so they are good value as wrecks:-)

>> My model Benz alternator is very easy to change especially if you have
>> a hoist because it has to be accessed from underneath.
>> I had to change mine after the front bearing failed, I suspect that
>> after fixing an oil leak then using lots of degreaser and water to
>> clean the front of the engine that mess got into the alternator
>> damaging the bearing.
>
> Not many engines like to get wet these days.
>
> There are some *stupidly* designed vehicles out there when it comes to
> maintenance and/or repair. One of the better ones I've seen in recent
> times was a Nissan GQ Patrol with a 4.2 petrol engine in it. I had a guy
> I used to do work for plead with me to change the clutch in his as he
> couldn't find anyone else willing to do it, and after looking at the
> thing it's not hard to see why.
>
> To get the gearbox out you have to remove the starter and bellhousing
> bolts which is a chore in itself, and then pull the gearbox back just
> enough to clear the dowels before rotating it almost 180 degrees to
> allow the starter "hump" to clear the transmission tunnel and the
> gearbox to be moved back and dropped out.
>
> A chore made more difficult by the fact that Nissan glues the
> bellhousings to the back of the engine block to seal the clutch against
> water ingress in off road conditions and breaking that seal can be hard
> work after some years, but also because the transmission needs to be
> removed with the transfer case attached and the combined weight of them
> is well over a couple hundred kg's. You can't tilt the engine back
> enough to get enough clearance to pull the trans straight out, and the
> only other way of doing it is to remove the engine which is just as much
> work if not more. It is one of the best examples of manufacturers
> throwing vehicles together without giving the slightest shit about how
> they need to be taken apart for maintenance that I've seen.
>
> And no, I didn't do his clutch either. After looking at it and
> discovering how it needed to be done I told him I wasn't interested. At
> this stage of my life I don't need to work that hard :)

Can't say that I blame you, sounds like a prick of a job.

--
Daryl

Re: LEXUS

<svn4o1$lim$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12275&group=aus.cars#12275

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 18:01:19 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 07:01 UTC

On 2/03/2022 12:15 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 2/3/2022 10:06 am, Noddy wrote:

>> Not if you're a Commodore owner, but then you need to have a
>> masochistic bent to want to own one of the cunts of things anyway :)
>
> Just got back from my son's factory, he just bought a wrecked VE SS
> wagon that's been rolled.
> Its only done approx 100,000km so the engine and trans with the ECU etc
> is worth around $11,000.00 so they are good value as wrecks:-)

Donating their engines for other projects is the best thing for them
really, as they're *cunts* of cars. I wouldn't own one if you gave me
one for free.

--

>> And no, I didn't do his clutch either. After looking at it and
>> discovering how it needed to be done I told him I wasn't interested.
>> At this stage of my life I don't need to work that hard :)
>>

> Can't say that I blame you, sounds like a prick of a job.

Total shit of a job, but typical of the mess created when you fit an
engine/trans combo into a vehicle that was never designed to accommodate
it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: LEXUS

<ijn7muhgg2si.60psu57ksxmm$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12277&group=aus.cars#12277

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 17:30:42 +1000
 by: alvey - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 07:30 UTC

On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 18:01:19 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> Donating their engines for other projects is the best thing for them
> really, as they're *cunts* of cars. I wouldn't own one if you gave me
> one for free.

All that's saying is that you're as big an idiot as ***EVERYONE*** says.

You take it, you drive it until it requires expensive work, you ditch it.

alvey

Re: LEXUS

<svndj4$iiq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12279&group=aus.cars#12279

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 17:32:13 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 09:32 UTC

On 2/03/2022 3:30 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 18:01:19 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>

>> Donating their engines for other projects is the best thing for them
>> really, as they're *cunts* of cars. I wouldn't own one if you gave me
>> one for free.
>
> All that's saying is that you're as big an idiot as ***EVERYONE*** says.

And an even worse "mechanic".
Of course he only posts this invented rubbish because I may or may not
own a V8 VE Commodore :-)

> You take it, you drive it until it requires expensive work, you ditch it.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: LEXUS

<895e79e1-cfca-42e0-9e55-3f686be44b07n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12280&group=aus.cars#12280

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 01:37:57 -0800 (PST)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 09:37 UTC

On Wednesday, 2 March 2022 at 18:30:44 UTC+11, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 18:01:19 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>

> > Donating their engines for other projects is the best thing for them
> > really, as they're *cunts* of cars. I wouldn't own one if you gave me
> > one for free.
> All that's saying is that you're as big an idiot as ***EVERYONE*** says.
>
> You take it, you drive it until it requires expensive work, you ditch it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Silly bandwidth wasting cunt you are.......Pffffftttttt.

> alvey
>

> --

Re: LEXUS

<svnfs1$nkv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12283&group=aus.cars#12283

From: hash...@foodstamps.gov (#)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 18:11:10 +0800
 by: # - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 10:11 UTC

Clocky wrote:

> And an even worse "mechanic".
> Of course he only posts this invented rubbish because I may or may not
> own a V8 VE Commodore :-)

IIRC, you did have a VR {and it takes about 2 minutes to change
alternator in them}

Re: LEXUS

<j88vgaF2tjkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12287&group=aus.cars#12287

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 21:33:43 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 10:33 UTC

On 2/3/2022 6:01 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 2/03/2022 12:15 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 2/3/2022 10:06 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Not if you're a Commodore owner, but then you need to have a
>>> masochistic bent to want to own one of the cunts of things anyway :)
>>
>> Just got back from my son's factory, he just bought a wrecked VE SS
>> wagon that's been rolled.
>> Its only done approx 100,000km so the engine and trans with the ECU
>> etc is worth around $11,000.00 so they are good value as wrecks:-)
>
> Donating their engines for other projects is the best thing for them
> really, as they're *cunts* of cars. I wouldn't own one if you gave me
> one for free.

Son couldn't wait to get rid of his VE SS ute, had it for a couple of
years and he got sick of bits of trim constantly falling off but at
least he had no major issues with it.
His brother in law bought one at the same time, still has it and he's
already spent $1000's fixing engine problems like needing to replace
lifters and the cam they damaged, its done less than 100,000km.

> --
>
>>> And no, I didn't do his clutch either. After looking at it and
>>> discovering how it needed to be done I told him I wasn't interested.
>>> At this stage of my life I don't need to work that hard :)
>>>

>> Can't say that I blame you, sounds like a prick of a job.
>
> Total shit of a job, but typical of the mess created when you fit an
> engine/trans combo into a vehicle that was never designed to accommodate
> it.

They seem to go out of their way to make some of these jobs as difficult
as possible.
Sounds like it would easier to cut a chunk out of the floor to allow the
trans to come straight back then weld it back when you have finished:-)

--
Daryl

Re: LEXUS

<svnm6u$m62$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12290&group=aus.cars#12290

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 22:59:23 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 11:59 UTC

On 2/03/2022 9:33 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 2/3/2022 6:01 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Donating their engines for other projects is the best thing for them
>> really, as they're *cunts* of cars. I wouldn't own one if you gave me
>> one for free.
>
> Son couldn't wait to get rid of his VE SS ute, had it for a couple of
> years and he got sick of bits of trim constantly falling off but at
> least he had no major issues with it.
> His brother in law bought one at the same time, still has it and he's
> already spent $1000's fixing engine problems like needing to replace
> lifters and the cam they damaged, its done less than 100,000km.

They are a *cunt* of a car.

I did the alternator and power steering pump on the the VE Clubby I was
talking about not long ago that belonged to my kid's old teacher that
had the crook injector. It suffered a typical power steering pump
failure that took the alternator out with it as many of them do.

Tell his brother in law that if he needs a power steering pump and wants
to use one of the cheap Chinese pumps (as the owner of the Clubsport
did) he needs to watch out for pulley alignment issues. The cheap
Chinese pumps work okay, but they often come fitted with a pulley that's
the right "V8 type" diameter but has the wrong offset:

> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME8C1QC

There's no correcting it other than to remove the original pulley off
the old pump and fit it to the new one which would be a task if you
don't have the right tool:

--

>> Total shit of a job, but typical of the mess created when you fit an
>> engine/trans combo into a vehicle that was never designed to
>> accommodate it.
>>

> They seem to go out of their way to make some of these jobs as difficult
> as possible.

I honestly don't think they give a toss. It goes in on the assembly line
and they couldn't care less about it after that.

> Sounds like it would easier to cut a chunk out of the floor to allow the
> trans to come straight back then weld it back when you have finished:-)

Lol :)

I wouldn't be surprised if some bush bashing yokels have done exactly
that :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: LEXUS

<svnmf1$ojh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12291&group=aus.cars#12291

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 23:03:41 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 12:03 UTC

On 2/03/2022 8:37 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 March 2022 at 18:30:44 UTC+11, alvey wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 18:01:19 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>>

>>> Donating their engines for other projects is the best thing for them
>>> really, as they're *cunts* of cars. I wouldn't own one if you gave me
>>> one for free.

>> All that's saying is that you're as big an idiot as ***EVERYONE*** says.
>>
>> You take it, you drive it until it requires expensive work, you ditch it.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Silly bandwidth wasting cunt you are.......Pffffftttttt.

He has absolutely no fucking clue at all, but then what do you expect
from a fucking *munt* who sooked about his boy racer wank exhaust not
sounding as wank as it should after the heap of excrement was towed back
to the dealership?

What a fucking tool :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: LEXUS

<svnn3b$tri$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12292&group=aus.cars#12292

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 23:14:32 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 12:14 UTC

On 2/03/2022 9:11 pm, # wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>>>

>> And an even worse "mechanic".
>> Of course he only posts this invented rubbish because I may or may not
>> own a V8 VE Commodore :-)
>
> IIRC, you did have a VR {and it takes about 2 minutes to change
> alternator in them}

Takes a little longer than 2 minutes, but they're relatively simple.
Still, there are two things worth noting here.

Firstly, whether he owns, or did own, a VR 6 cylinder Commodore and the
ease at which their alternators can be changed has no relevance
whatsoever to comments about the difficulties of doing the same thing on
a VE V8.

Secondly, and somewhat more interestingly, I only mentioned VE V8
alternators because I changed one relatively recently and know exactly
what's involved in doing so. I never mentioned Jerky junior, alluded to
him in any way or have any idea (or care about) what car he happens to
drive these days, but that clearly hasn't prevented him from doing his
best to make himself the centre of the conversation and pathetically
make himself out to be the victim as he's doing here.

This should tell *anyone* all they ever need to know about how much of a
fucked up moron this idiot is....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: LEXUS

<svnup2$tfu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12296&group=aus.cars#12296

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 22:25:38 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 14:25 UTC

On 2/03/2022 6:11 pm, # wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>>>

>> And an even worse "mechanic".
>> Of course he only posts this invented rubbish because I may or may not
>> own a V8 VE Commodore :-)
>
> IIRC, you did have a VR {and it takes about 2 minutes to change
> alternator in them}

Yep, *literally* 2 minutes.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: LEXUS

<svnva7$2pq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12297&group=aus.cars#12297

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 22:34:41 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 14:34 UTC

On 2/03/2022 8:14 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 2/03/2022 9:11 pm, # wrote:
>> Clocky wrote:
>>>>

>>> And an even worse "mechanic".
>>> Of course he only posts this invented rubbish because I may or may
>>> not own a V8 VE Commodore :-)
>>
>> IIRC, you did have a VR {and it takes about 2 minutes to change
>> alternator in them}
>
> Takes a little longer than 2 minutes, but they're relatively simple.

It *literally* takes 2 minutes as any mechanic could attest to.

> Still, there are two things worth noting here.
>
> Firstly, whether he owns, or did own, a VR 6 cylinder Commodore and the
> ease at which their alternators can be changed has no relevance
> whatsoever to comments about the difficulties of doing the same thing on
> a VE V8.

It doesn't have to, conversations evolve.

> Secondly, and somewhat more interestingly,

....is that you turn to talking smack as soon as the conversation isn't
about you - witness the number of people have you bullied and abused in
the last few days in spades.

The problem is, you have absolutely no integrity so all your whining,
bitching and relevance depraved rubbish amounts to nought.
For the record.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: LEXUS

<j89oe0F7hvgU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12299&group=aus.cars#12299

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 04:39:29 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 17:39 UTC

On 3/03/2022 1:34 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 2/03/2022 8:14 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> IIRC, you did have a VR {and it takes about 2 minutes to change
>>> alternator in them}
>>
>> Takes a little longer than 2 minutes, but they're relatively simple.
>
> It *literally* takes 2 minutes as any mechanic could attest to.
>
>> Still, there are two things worth noting here.
>>
>> Firstly, whether he owns, or did own, a VR 6 cylinder Commodore and
>> the ease at which their alternators can be changed has no relevance
>> whatsoever to comments about the difficulties of doing the same thing
>> on a VE V8.
>>

> It doesn't have to, conversations evolve.

he never could understand that

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"
- Xeno on Grubby Tech

Re: LEXUS

<3h9h1xkmug6d.1w431zlbkjv5o.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12302&group=aus.cars#12302

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 05:37:42 +1000
References: <5234100b-35a2-47d5-97ce-9c1c7e0008f4n@googlegroups.com> <j850arFa9mfU1@mid.individual.net> <svkqq3$3r3$2@dont-email.me> <eb85da8c-7bc2-48b7-928b-5e9517680c20n@googlegroups.com> <svl0om$h2s$1@dont-email.me> <j87lclFpu6lU1@mid.individual.net> <svm8td$d95$1@dont-email.me> <j87upmFri61U1@mid.individual.net> <svn4o1$lim$1@dont-email.me> <ijn7muhgg2si.60psu57ksxmm$.dlg@40tude.net> <svndj4$iiq$1@dont-email.me> <svnfs1$nkv$1@gioia.aioe.org> <svnn3b$tri$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 19:37 UTC

On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 23:14:32 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 2/03/2022 9:11 pm, # wrote:
>> Clocky wrote:
>>>>

>>> And an even worse "mechanic".
>>> Of course he only posts this invented rubbish because I may or may not
>>> own a V8 VE Commodore :-)
>>
>> IIRC, you did have a VR {and it takes about 2 minutes to change
>> alternator in them}
>
> Takes a little longer than 2 minutes, but they're relatively simple.
> Still, there are two things worth noting here.
>
> Firstly, whether he owns, or did own, a VR 6 cylinder Commodore and the
> ease at which their alternators can be changed has no relevance
> whatsoever to comments about the difficulties of doing the same thing on
> a VE V8.
>
> Secondly, and somewhat more interestingly, I only mentioned VE V8
> alternators because I changed one relatively recently... <snip bullshit>
Sure you did Fraudster. I believe you. Honest.

alvey
Could've sworn that Buffo said he was giving up his (snigger) 'business' a
while ago. Something about wanting to spend more time wanking iirc.

Re: LEXUS

<nw4fjn31gimk.l0j8y5jmbfbp.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12303&group=aus.cars#12303

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 05:48:31 +1000
References: <5234100b-35a2-47d5-97ce-9c1c7e0008f4n@googlegroups.com> <j850arFa9mfU1@mid.individual.net> <svkqq3$3r3$2@dont-email.me> <eb85da8c-7bc2-48b7-928b-5e9517680c20n@googlegroups.com> <svl0om$h2s$1@dont-email.me> <j87lclFpu6lU1@mid.individual.net> <svm8td$d95$1@dont-email.me> <j87upmFri61U1@mid.individual.net> <svn4o1$lim$1@dont-email.me> <ijn7muhgg2si.60psu57ksxmm$.dlg@40tude.net> <895e79e1-cfca-42e0-9e55-3f686be44b07n@googlegroups.com> <svnmf1$ojh$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 19:48 UTC

On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 23:03:41 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 2/03/2022 8:37 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:

>>> All that's saying is that you're as big an idiot as ***EVERYONE*** says.
>>>
>>> You take it, you drive it until it requires expensive work, you ditch it.
>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Silly bandwidth wasting cunt you are.......Pffffftttttt.
>
> He has absolutely no fucking clue at all, but then what do you expect
> from a fucking *munt* who sooked about his boy racer wank exhaust not
> sounding as wank as it should after the heap of excrement was towed back
> to the dealership?
>
> What a fucking tool :)

lol!

What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason, just cretinous abuse.
If you're looking for a reason why usenet is on life support then you can
stop looking.

alvey
“I've got all the time in the world cockbreath. I'm not the one who
crawls up his own arse and runs away”. Fraudster, 30May15

Re: LEXUS

<j8a7ovFafofU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12304&group=aus.cars#12304

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 09:01:00 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 22:01 UTC

On 2/3/2022 10:59 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 2/03/2022 9:33 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 2/3/2022 6:01 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Donating their engines for other projects is the best thing for them
>>> really, as they're *cunts* of cars. I wouldn't own one if you gave me
>>> one for free.
>>
>> Son couldn't wait to get rid of his VE SS ute, had it for a couple of
>> years and he got sick of bits of trim constantly falling off but at
>> least he had no major issues with it.
>> His brother in law bought one at the same time, still has it and he's
>> already spent $1000's fixing engine problems like needing to replace
>> lifters and the cam they damaged, its done less than 100,000km.
>
> They are a *cunt* of a car.
>
> I did the alternator and power steering pump on the the VE Clubby I was
> talking about not long ago that belonged to my kid's old teacher that
> had the crook injector. It suffered a typical power steering pump
> failure that took the alternator out with it as many of them do.
>
> Tell his brother in law that if he needs a power steering pump and wants
> to use one of the cheap Chinese pumps (as the owner of the Clubsport
> did) he needs to watch out for pulley alignment issues. The cheap
> Chinese pumps work okay, but they often come fitted with a pulley that's
> the right "V8 type" diameter but has the wrong offset:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME8C1QC
>
> There's no correcting it other than to remove the original pulley off
> the old pump and fit it to the new one which would be a task if you
> don't have the right tool:
>
>> https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME8C1QH

I can imagine that a lot of people would be caught out with something
like that.

> --
>
>>> Total shit of a job, but typical of the mess created when you fit an
>>> engine/trans combo into a vehicle that was never designed to
>>> accommodate it.
>>>

>> They seem to go out of their way to make some of these jobs as
>> difficult as possible.
>
> I honestly don't think they give a toss. It goes in on the assembly line
> and they couldn't care less about it after that.
>
>> Sounds like it would easier to cut a chunk out of the floor to allow
>> the trans to come straight back then weld it back when you have
>> finished:-)
>
> Lol :)
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if some bush bashing yokels have done exactly
> that :)

Not having looked at one I couldn't know if that was even possible but
if I was stuck with doing that job I would be looking for my angle
grinder:-)

--
Daryl

Re: LEXUS

<f8f15973-6a40-4459-b688-874a1de753ean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12306&group=aus.cars#12306

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 16:26:28 -0800 (PST)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 00:26 UTC

On Thursday, 3 March 2022 at 06:48:35 UTC+11, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 23:03:41 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> Silly bandwidth wasting cunt you are.......Pffffftttttt.
> >
> > He has absolutely no fucking clue at all, but then what do you expect
> > from a fucking *munt* who sooked about his boy racer wank exhaust not
> > sounding as wank as it should after the heap of excrement was towed back
> > to the dealership?
> >
> > What a fucking tool :)
> lol!
>
> What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason, just cretinous abuse.
> If you're looking for a reason why usenet is on life support then you can
> stop looking.
Aw didums, aint happy..... Suck it up you insignificant waste of space.

> alvey
> “I've got all the time in the world cockbreath. I'm not the one who
> crawls up his own arse and runs away”. Fraudster, 30May15
> --

aus+uk / aus.cars / LEXUS