Conscious is when you are aware of something and conscience is when you wish you weren't.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Tesla causes accident

SubjectAuthor
* Tesla causes accidentYosemite Sam
+* Re: Tesla causes accidentClive
`- Re: Tesla causes accidentSylvia Else

Pages:123
Re: Tesla causes accident

<t1g8v9$7m7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13155&group=aus.cars#13155

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Tesla causes accident
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 07:03:03 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 23:03 UTC

On 24/03/2022 3:45 am, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:22:22 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>
>> I took a new Ford Ranger 2 litre Bi turbo with the 10 speed auto for a drive the
>> other day and that's quite impressive. Has all the features of the Santa
>> Fe, but also has speed limit sign recognition and pops up a warning on
>> the dash if you're travelling over the posted limit. Also has remove
>> start via phone app which is kinda cool for a ute.
>
> lol.
>
> Sooo Fraudster, about all those "penis-substitute" sneers you've made about
> my cars...
>

> alvey
> "10 speed auto"? What could possibly go wrong?

Given it's a Ford and a Ranger... everything, just like last time.
Followed by Ford attempting to shaft it's customers.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Tesla causes accident

<ja1uq9Fofr8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13157&group=aus.cars#13157

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:11:35 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 01:11 UTC

On 24/3/2022 10:03 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 24/03/2022 3:45 am, alvey wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:22:22 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>>
>>> I took a new Ford Ranger 2 litre Bi turbo with the 10 speed auto for
>>> a drive the
>>> other day and that's quite impressive. Has all the features of the Santa
>>> Fe, but also has speed limit sign recognition and pops up a warning on
>>> the dash if you're travelling over the posted limit. Also has remove
>>> start via phone app which is kinda cool for a ute.
>>
>> lol.
>>
>> Sooo Fraudster, about all those "penis-substitute" sneers you've made
>> about
>> my cars...
>>

>> alvey
>> "10 speed auto"? What could possibly go wrong?
>>

> Given it's a Ford and a Ranger... everything, just like last time.
> Followed by Ford attempting to shaft it's customers.

A mate has one of those, a Wildtrack. Of course, he has a *need* for
something of that nature, he owns 2 resorts here and he uses his day in,
day out shuffling stuff around - and towing his caravan when he on
holidays. Nothing has gone wrong with it - so far - apart from him
wrecking his tailgate once, but that doesn't count.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tesla causes accident

<ja1v73Fohu9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13159&group=aus.cars#13159

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:18:25 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 01:18 UTC

On 24/3/2022 6:45 am, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:22:22 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>
>> I took a new Ford Ranger 2 litre Bi turbo with the 10 speed auto for a drive the
>> other day and that's quite impressive. Has all the features of the Santa
>> Fe, but also has speed limit sign recognition and pops up a warning on
>> the dash if you're travelling over the posted limit. Also has remove
>> start via phone app which is kinda cool for a ute.
>
> lol.
>
> Sooo Fraudster, about all those "penis-substitute" sneers you've made about
> my cars...

Darren's *cars* are also a "penis-size-substitute". The bigger the car,
the smaller the penis. Darren's obviously endowed with a *tiny todger*!

> alvey
> "10 speed auto"? What could possibly go wrong?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tesla causes accident

<ja1v8hFohu9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13160&group=aus.cars#13160

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:19:13 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 01:19 UTC

On 24/3/2022 12:35 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 23/03/2022 6:04 pm, Xeno wrote:
>> On 23/3/22 17:09, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>> I already mentioned the
>>> one a few months ago in Southbank where I took off quickly to block a
>>> lane jumper and it thought I was going to hit the car in front and
>>> slammed on it's brakes causing the guy behind to run up my arse.
>>
>> What he did makes little sense. He accelerated - with a car in front
>> of him. IOW, Darren was at a high degree of fault. If he wants to do
>> sneaky little shit moves like that, then he needs to disable the car's
>> system. Same as disabling cruise control when it's wet or you're in
>> heavy traffic. If someone's trying to lane change, just let them. Why
>> be an aggro arsehole? Look what it leads to.
>>

> I often see what other drivers want to do, and let them do it. but what
> can I say, I'm a nice guy. :)

Yeah, if they indicate to let you know what they are doing, no probs.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tesla causes accident

<ja1vogFoln1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13161&group=aus.cars#13161

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:27:41 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 01:27 UTC

On 23/3/2022 9:12 pm, Noddy wrote:

> Forscan's been around for some time, and it's constantly in development.
> Not that that's a bad thing.

Constant development is a *necessity* for tools such as forscan. Think
about that for a moment Darren, wait for the wood smoke to subside, then
realise that the product they attach to is *constantly changing*. No
development means an obsolete tool in no time. Hmm, just like you. Well,
maybe not, you're a tool that never was - relevant.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tesla causes accident

<ja1vtaFoln1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13162&group=aus.cars#13162

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:30:17 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 01:30 UTC

On 23/3/2022 5:22 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 23/03/2022 9:47 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 23/3/2022 12:32 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> It did it to me the other morning in the Avenue here in Bacchus. It's
>>> a bizarre quirk that no human would ever do, and it certainly annoys
>>> the crap out of the people behind you.
>>>

>> Several times when a car moved out of the lane in front of me the Kia
>> dropped the trans down 2 gears and gave it full throttle but other
>> times when the same thing happened it accelerated more gently.
>
> Strange.
>
>> I like the tech but its far from perfect so far.
>
> It's got some way to go that's for sure, but it's improving all the time
> and despite some of the foibles it's pretty impressive. I took a new
> Ford Ranger 2 litre Bi turbo with the 10 speed auto for a drive the
> other day and that's quite impressive. Has all the features of the Santa
> Fe, but also has speed limit sign recognition and pops up a warning on
> the dash if you're travelling over the posted limit. Also has remove
> start via phone app which is kinda cool for a ute.

I call bullshit on you taking one for a drive. You just Googled the
Ranger feature set and built a bullshit story on top of that info - just
like you always do Darren.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tesla causes accident

<t1h5bp$frf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13167&group=aus.cars#13167

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:07:37 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 07:07 UTC

On 24/03/2022 9:11 am, Xeno wrote:
> On 24/3/2022 10:03 am, Clocky wrote:

>>> lol.
>>>
>>> Sooo Fraudster, about all those "penis-substitute" sneers you've made
>>> about
>>> my cars...
>>>

>>> alvey
>>> "10 speed auto"? What could possibly go wrong?
>>>

>> Given it's a Ford and a Ranger... everything, just like last time.
>> Followed by Ford attempting to shaft it's customers.
>>
> A mate has one of those, a Wildtrack. Of course, he has a *need* for
> something of that nature, he owns 2 resorts here and he uses his day in,
> day out shuffling stuff around - and towing his caravan when he on
> holidays. Nothing has gone wrong with it - so far - apart from him
> wrecking his tailgate once, but that doesn't count.

They got it sorted by the time the PX3 was released.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Tesla causes accident

<t1h5hu$iis$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13169&group=aus.cars#13169

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:10:48 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 07:10 UTC

On 24/03/2022 9:18 am, Xeno wrote:
> On 24/3/2022 6:45 am, alvey wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:22:22 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>>
>>> I took a new Ford Ranger 2 litre Bi turbo with the 10 speed auto for
>>> a drive the
>>> other day and that's quite impressive. Has all the features of the Santa
>>> Fe, but also has speed limit sign recognition and pops up a warning on
>>> the dash if you're travelling over the posted limit. Also has remove
>>> start via phone app which is kinda cool for a ute.
>>
>> lol.
>>
>> Sooo Fraudster, about all those "penis-substitute" sneers you've made
>> about
>> my cars...
>>
> Darren's *cars* are also a "penis-size-substitute". The bigger the car,
> the smaller the penis. Darren's obviously endowed with a *tiny todger*!

Size is irrelevant anyway in his case since he doesn't have any balls.

>> alvey
>> "10 speed auto"? What could possibly go wrong?

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Tesla causes accident

<4kV_J.237774$z688.98580@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13174&group=aus.cars#13174

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 18:45:02 +1100
 by: lindsay - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 07:45 UTC

On 24/03/2022 12:27 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 23/3/2022 9:12 pm, Noddy wrote:
>

>> Forscan's been around for some time, and it's constantly in
>> development. Not that that's a bad thing.
>
> Constant development is a *necessity* for tools such as forscan. Think
> about that for a moment Darren, wait for the wood smoke to subside, then
> realise that the product they attach to is *constantly changing*. No
> development means an obsolete tool in no time. Hmm, just like you. Well,
> maybe not, you're a tool that never was - relevant.

Did you even read and understand what he said, said, shit-fer-brains? No
need to repeat what he said to look like you know what you're dribbling
about....

Re: Tesla causes accident

<TCV_J.455141$oF2.406964@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13177&group=aus.cars#13177

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 19:05:04 +1100
 by: lindsay - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 08:05 UTC

On 23/03/2022 9:12 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 23/03/2022 8:02 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> On 23/03/2022 5:22 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> It's got some way to go that's for sure, but it's improving all the
>>> time and despite some of the foibles it's pretty impressive. I took a
>>> new Ford Ranger 2 litre Bi turbo with the 10 speed auto for a drive
>>> the other day and that's quite impressive.
>>
>> Mine's a tad over a year old, (done 12,000 klms, 14 months old...
>> normally wouldnt do 12k per year, but we did a quick trip to Narooma
>> while we could, and I've done a couple of extra trips to the block...
>> Going in for it's first "service" in 8 days time.) Still loving it.
>> Only gripe  is all the alarms, and the auto on/off ignition. There is
>> a reasonable answer to that shit.. it's called "forscan". Google will
>> show it.
>
> Forscan's been around for some time, and it's constantly in development.
> Not that that's a bad thing.
>
>> Mate bought a Ranger with a tub 7 months ago, he's already wanting to
>> do it, and If I do the " forscan upgrade" with him, it's half price.
>> Black magic. Waiting till after "first" service is done, so they dont
>> reset it back to factory after i've paid for it... :-)
>
> Lol :) And they will, too. Every time a vehicle goes in for a service
> these days it gets an "update".

yeah. starting to wonder if it's worthwhile, as I'll be getting it
serviced at ford until it's 5 yo, with incremental 5000k oil changes
done elsewhere....

>>> Has all the features of the Santa Fe, but also has speed limit sign
>>> recognition and pops up a warning on the dash if you're travelling
>>> over the posted limit.
>>
>> I think mine's set at 140kmh.  I quickly got sick of all the alarms...:-)
>
> :)

did the same in the 2 ford utes. The Navara would struggle to get to 140 :-D

>>> Also has remove start via phone app which is kinda cool for a ute.
>>
>> "Remote", for the wannabe intelligentsia amongst us.  Yep, it's a cool
>> add, but needs some work, like adjusting the air-con temp inside the
>> cabin, from inside the office at work... The ability to remotely raise
>> or lower windows without starting the engine... theres a few things it
>> could be better at.. which Forscan fixes.
>
> Nice.
>
>>   The new Ranger looks awesome, with a 12" vertical screen, which
>> could be a distraction if the son downloads porn to it :-D Seems like
>> they are still doing a cab chassis model too. Supply may be an issue,
>> but 3 months ago, my local dealer had 13 rangers in stock, whilst my
>> neighbour waits another 8 months for a dmax. LOL.
>
> I was looking at the new Ranger online last night actually, and compared
> to everything on the ute market at the moment it looks positively
> futuristic. They're tipped to hit the market around the middle of the
> year, and depending on price I expect they'll blow everything else out
> of the water. I wouldn't mind holding off and seeing what they're like,
> but it could also be a good time to buy a runnout bi-turbo XLT as well.

mines an XLT. not a real large amount of difference between them and a
wildtrak.... not for the extra crisps, akaic.

> In other news, I looked at a new Toyota Hilux SR5, and was astonished to
> learn that at 70 grand on the road for the dual cab tray back version it
> doesn't even come with a reverse camera because Toyota found it all a
> bit too difficult to make it work.

12K diff in price, and mine has a reverse camera that works,(just wiped
the mud off it) and a proper tray, not something made from alfoil.
Flawless so far, I'd buy another tommorow if required.

I may stand corrected, but I believe ranger was outselling hilux in the
4wd models, and have been for quite some time. Never forgot the sneer
the toyota sales droid gave me, when I rocked up at Frankston Toyota...
was like i couldnt afford his overpriced piece of shit. Bought the
Navara, it served me well, and now back at Ford. No complaints with
either brand.

Re: Tesla causes accident

<1pkt9k7gjazl$.199r9ugu660ht.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13180&group=aus.cars#13180

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 18:29:38 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 08:29 UTC

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:10:48 +0800, Clocky wrote:

> On 24/03/2022 9:18 am, Xeno wrote:

>>> lol.
>>>
>>> Sooo Fraudster, about all those "penis-substitute" sneers you've made
>>> about
>>> my cars...
>>>
>> Darren's *cars* are also a "penis-size-substitute". The bigger the car,
>> the smaller the penis. Darren's obviously endowed with a *tiny todger*!
>
> Size is irrelevant anyway in his case since he doesn't have any balls.

Keep an eye out on Hulkster drivers. I reckon that the average height of
their poseur genre drivers is about 175cm. ie. Shortarses.

alvey

Re: Tesla causes accident

<t1hacb$i7l$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13183&group=aus.cars#13183

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 19:33:14 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 08:33 UTC

On 24/03/2022 6:45 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 24/03/2022 12:27 pm, Xeno wrote:
>> On 23/3/2022 9:12 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>

>>> Forscan's been around for some time, and it's constantly in
>>> development. Not that that's a bad thing.
>>
>> Constant development is a *necessity* for tools such as forscan. Think
>> about that for a moment Darren, wait for the wood smoke to subside,
>> then realise that the product they attach to is *constantly changing*.
>> No development means an obsolete tool in no time. Hmm, just like you.
>> Well, maybe not, you're a tool that never was - relevant.
>
> Did you even read and understand what he said, said, shit-fer-brains? No
> need to repeat what he said to look like you know what you're dribbling
> about....

He has nothing else to do, other than pretend to be an "expert" about
little brown fuck machines.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tesla causes accident

<ja2rs2Ftnr0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13192&group=aus.cars#13192

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 20:27:28 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 09:27 UTC

On 24/3/2022 7:33 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 24/03/2022 6:45 pm, lindsay wrote:

>>> Constant development is a *necessity* for tools such as forscan.
>>> Think about that for a moment Darren, wait for the wood smoke to
>>> subside, then realise that the product they attach to is *constantly
>>> changing*. No development means an obsolete tool in no time. Hmm,
>>> just like you. Well, maybe not, you're a tool that never was - relevant.
>>
>> Did you even read and understand what he said, said, shit-fer-brains?
>> No need to repeat what he said to look like you know what you're
>> dribbling about....
>
> He has nothing else to do, other than pretend to be an "expert" about
> little brown fuck machines.

The naive little man who's never been anywhere and never done anything
in his entire life makes his usual naive little comments. So predictable!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tesla causes accident

<t1hdnu$cl8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13194&group=aus.cars#13194

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 20:30:35 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 09:30 UTC

On 24/03/2022 7:05 pm, lindsay wrote:

>>> I think mine's set at 140kmh.  I quickly got sick of all the
>>> alarms...:-)
>>
>> :)
>
> did the same in the 2 ford utes. The Navara would struggle to get to 140
> :-D

Lol :)

>>>   The new Ranger looks awesome, with a 12" vertical screen, which
>>> could be a distraction if the son downloads porn to it :-D Seems like
>>> they are still doing a cab chassis model too. Supply may be an issue,
>>> but 3 months ago, my local dealer had 13 rangers in stock, whilst my
>>> neighbour waits another 8 months for a dmax. LOL.
>>
>> I was looking at the new Ranger online last night actually, and
>> compared to everything on the ute market at the moment it looks
>> positively futuristic. They're tipped to hit the market around the
>> middle of the year, and depending on price I expect they'll blow
>> everything else out of the water. I wouldn't mind holding off and
>> seeing what they're like, but it could also be a good time to buy a
>> runnout bi-turbo XLT as well.
>
> mines an XLT. not a real large amount of difference between them and a
> wildtrak.... not for the extra crisps, akaic.

About 7 grand difference in price between the XLT 2 litre auto and the
Wildtrak with the same mechanical spec, and for that you get some
spotlights, different wheels, different coloured door handles and a
leather interior with contrasting stitching which in my opinion looks a
bit tacky. If I was buying one it would definitely be the XLT with cloth
interior, as after 6 years of leather in the Navara I'm over it.

>> In other news, I looked at a new Toyota Hilux SR5, and was astonished
>> to learn that at 70 grand on the road for the dual cab tray back
>> version it doesn't even come with a reverse camera because Toyota
>> found it all a bit too difficult to make it work.
>

> 12K diff in price, and mine has a reverse camera that works,(just wiped
> the mud off it) and a proper tray, not something made from alfoil.
> Flawless so far, I'd buy another tommorow if required.

Yep. Just another typical example of Toyota being massively over priced.

> I may stand corrected, but I believe ranger was outselling hilux in the
> 4wd models, and have been for quite some time. Never forgot the sneer
> the toyota sales droid gave me, when I rocked up at Frankston Toyota...
> was like i couldnt afford his overpriced piece of shit. Bought the
> Navara, it served me well, and now back at Ford. No complaints with
> either brand.

I've been very happy with the Navara and in the last 6 years it's been
awesome. It's still a great drive, but it lacks all the mod-cons that
the Santa Fe has and as I've been driving that a lot lately and getting
used to the little niceties I miss them when I get back in the ute. So,
it's time to move it on to someone else, and with the stupidity of
today's used ute market I may get close to what I paid for the thing :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tesla causes accident

<ja34i1FrqmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13198&group=aus.cars#13198

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:55:43 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 11:55 UTC

On 24/3/2022 7:05 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 23/03/2022 9:12 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Mine's a tad over a year old, (done 12,000 klms, 14 months old...
>>> normally wouldnt do 12k per year, but we did a quick trip to Narooma
>>> while we could, and I've done a couple of extra trips to the block...
>>> Going in for it's first "service" in 8 days time.) Still loving it.
>>> Only gripe  is all the alarms, and the auto on/off ignition. There is
>>> a reasonable answer to that shit.. it's called "forscan". Google will
>>> show it.
>>
>> Forscan's been around for some time, and it's constantly in
>> development. Not that that's a bad thing.
>>
>>> Mate bought a Ranger with a tub 7 months ago, he's already wanting to
>>> do it, and If I do the " forscan upgrade" with him, it's half price.
>>> Black magic. Waiting till after "first" service is done, so they dont
>>> reset it back to factory after i've paid for it... :-)
>>
>> Lol :) And they will, too. Every time a vehicle goes in for a service
>> these days it gets an "update".
>
> yeah. starting to wonder if it's worthwhile, as I'll be getting it
> serviced at ford until it's 5 yo, with incremental 5000k oil changes
> done elsewhere....

Would your reason for getting it serviced at Ford be capped price servicing?
Can't think of any other reason.
Mate used to get his Volvo dealer serviced but 2 recent things have
changed his mind, 150k service at the dealer was quoted at $660.00, we
did it ourselves by the book for $160 in materials and it took an hour
so the dealer is actually charging $500 an hour.
Second issue was not a dealer but a Volvo "specialist", rear shocker
snapped at the top mounting bolt, after looking at YouTube we figured
out that the "tube" that protects the shaft was fitted incorrectly
stopping the mounting rubber from flexing so the shaft bent eventually
breaking it.
They charged him just under $1000.00 to supply and fit, cost of new
shocks was less than $300.00 and it took us a half hour per side to
remove and replace so labour works out at about $700.00 per hour.
He doesn't mind paying for good service but he's getting sick and tired
of being ripped off.

--
Daryl

Re: Tesla causes accident

<t1hs7p$sbm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13199&group=aus.cars#13199

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 00:37:58 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 13:37 UTC

On 24/03/2022 10:55 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 24/3/2022 7:05 pm, lindsay wrote:

>> yeah. starting to wonder if it's worthwhile, as I'll be getting it
>> serviced at ford until it's 5 yo, with incremental 5000k oil changes
>> done elsewhere....
>>

> Would your reason for getting it serviced at Ford be capped price
> servicing?
> Can't think of any other reason.
> Mate used to get his Volvo dealer serviced but 2 recent things have
> changed his mind, 150k service at the dealer was quoted at $660.00, we
> did it ourselves by the book for $160 in materials and it took an hour
> so the dealer is actually charging $500 an hour.
> Second issue was not a dealer but a Volvo "specialist", rear shocker
> snapped at the top mounting bolt, after looking at YouTube we figured
> out that the "tube" that protects the shaft was fitted incorrectly
> stopping the mounting rubber from flexing so the shaft bent eventually
> breaking it.
> They charged him just under $1000.00 to supply and fit, cost of new
> shocks was less than $300.00 and it took us a half hour per side to
> remove and replace so labour works out at about $700.00 per hour.
> He doesn't mind paying for good service but he's getting sick and tired
> of being ripped off.

That's the way they make their money, and they *all* do it irrespective
of the badge.

I've got a Mazda 6 being dropped off in a week or so with non
functioning power steering. 2012 model I think it is, and while I'm not
really interested in doing any work for people, I'm just doing this as a
favour as it belongs to a friend's father who is getting ripped by a
Mazda dealer. The car has electric power steering and the dealer claims
it needs a replacement steering controller at a cost of just under 4
thousand bucks.

I'm calling bullshit, and I want to look at it *just* to see what's
actually wrong with it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tesla causes accident

<7o3b22caeeeg$.by9z1w66uu3b$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13200&group=aus.cars#13200

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 05:05:21 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 19:05 UTC

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 19:33:14 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 24/03/2022 6:45 pm, lindsay wrote:

>>> Constant development is a *necessity* for tools such as forscan. Think
>>> about that for a moment Darren, wait for the wood smoke to subside,
>>> then realise that the product they attach to is *constantly changing*.
>>> No development means an obsolete tool in no time. Hmm, just like you.
>>> Well, maybe not, you're a tool that never was - relevant.
>>
>> Did you even read and understand what he said, said, shit-fer-brains? No
>> need to repeat what he said to look like you know what you're dribbling
>> about....
>
> He has nothing else to do, other than pretend to be an "expert" about
> little brown fuck machines.

Sounds like more fun than all the pretend achievements you've plopped out
Fraudster.

Besides Fraudster, with your zero experience in Asia, how do you know that
he's not?

alvey

Re: Tesla causes accident

<a95fttrzk4wb$.vvkhw3m4p18i$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13201&group=aus.cars#13201

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 05:11:33 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 19:11 UTC

On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 00:37:58 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 24/03/2022 10:55 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 24/3/2022 7:05 pm, lindsay wrote:
>
>>> yeah. starting to wonder if it's worthwhile, as I'll be getting it
>>> serviced at ford until it's 5 yo, with incremental 5000k oil changes
>>> done elsewhere....
>>>

>> Would your reason for getting it serviced at Ford be capped price
>> servicing?
>> Can't think of any other reason.
>> Mate used to get his Volvo dealer serviced but 2 recent things have
>> changed his mind, 150k service at the dealer was quoted at $660.00, we
>> did it ourselves by the book for $160 in materials and it took an hour
>> so the dealer is actually charging $500 an hour.
>> Second issue was not a dealer but a Volvo "specialist", rear shocker
>> snapped at the top mounting bolt, after looking at YouTube we figured
>> out that the "tube" that protects the shaft was fitted incorrectly
>> stopping the mounting rubber from flexing so the shaft bent eventually
>> breaking it.
>> They charged him just under $1000.00 to supply and fit, cost of new
>> shocks was less than $300.00 and it took us a half hour per side to
>> remove and replace so labour works out at about $700.00 per hour.
>> He doesn't mind paying for good service but he's getting sick and tired
>> of being ripped off.
>
> That's the way they make their money, and they *all* do it irrespective
> of the badge.

*** Warning - Convenient Anecdote Ahead ***
> I've got a Mazda 6 being dropped off in a week or so with non
> functioning power steering. 2012 model I think it is, and while I'm not
> really interested in doing any work for people,

What "people" Fraudster?

> I'm just doing this as a
> favour as it belongs to a friend's father who is getting ripped by a
> Mazda dealer. The car has electric power steering and the dealer claims
> it needs a replacement steering controller at a cost of just under 4
> thousand bucks.
>
> I'm calling bullshit,

Yep. Good chance...

alvey

Re: Tesla causes accident

<ja48dtF7lo1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13207&group=aus.cars#13207

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:07:55 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:07 UTC

On 25/3/2022 12:37 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 24/03/2022 10:55 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 24/3/2022 7:05 pm, lindsay wrote:
>
>>> yeah. starting to wonder if it's worthwhile, as I'll be getting it
>>> serviced at ford until it's 5 yo, with incremental 5000k oil changes
>>> done elsewhere....
>>>

>> Would your reason for getting it serviced at Ford be capped price
>> servicing?
>> Can't think of any other reason.
>> Mate used to get his Volvo dealer serviced but 2 recent things have
>> changed his mind, 150k service at the dealer was quoted at $660.00, we
>> did it ourselves by the book for $160 in materials and it took an hour
>> so the dealer is actually charging $500 an hour.
>> Second issue was not a dealer but a Volvo "specialist", rear shocker
>> snapped at the top mounting bolt, after looking at YouTube we figured
>> out that the "tube" that protects the shaft was fitted incorrectly
>> stopping the mounting rubber from flexing so the shaft bent eventually
>> breaking it.
>> They charged him just under $1000.00 to supply and fit, cost of new
>> shocks was less than $300.00 and it took us a half hour per side to
>> remove and replace so labour works out at about $700.00 per hour.
>> He doesn't mind paying for good service but he's getting sick and
>> tired of being ripped off.
>
> That's the way they make their money, and they *all* do it irrespective
> of the badge.
>
> I've got a Mazda 6 being dropped off in a week or so with non
> functioning power steering. 2012 model I think it is, and while I'm not
> really interested in doing any work for people, I'm just doing this as a
> favour as it belongs to a friend's father who is getting ripped by a
> Mazda dealer. The car has electric power steering and the dealer claims
> it needs a replacement steering controller at a cost of just under 4
> thousand bucks.
>
> I'm calling bullshit, and I want to look at it *just* to see what's
> actually wrong with it.

Probably just blew a fuse.
A friend who lives in BM has a 2015 Mazda 6 diesel, his check engine
light came on just as he was heading to the dealer for a service, he was
told that the problem is timing chain guide wear, that was 6weeks ago
and the car is still at the dealer waiting for parts, there is no
shortage of aftermarket parts.

--
Daryl

Re: Tesla causes accident

<t1irt5$5s7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13208&group=aus.cars#13208

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:38:26 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:38 UTC

On 25/03/2022 9:07 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 25/3/2022 12:37 am, Noddy wrote:

>> I've got a Mazda 6 being dropped off in a week or so with non
>> functioning power steering. 2012 model I think it is, and while I'm
>> not really interested in doing any work for people, I'm just doing
>> this as a favour as it belongs to a friend's father who is getting
>> ripped by a Mazda dealer. The car has electric power steering and the
>> dealer claims it needs a replacement steering controller at a cost of
>> just under 4 thousand bucks.
>>
>> I'm calling bullshit, and I want to look at it *just* to see what's
>> actually wrong with it.
>>

> Probably just blew a fuse.

No idea at this stage as I haven't seen the car and am only getting
feedback from an old man who's not car savvy at all and is only going on
what the dealer told him. There are people who apparently "recondition"
the steering controllers on these things which suggests there is a
problem there if people are setting up to cater to it, but as far as I
can tell a reconditioned controller is 275 bucks and fitting takes
around an hour.

> A friend who lives in BM has a 2015 Mazda 6 diesel, his check engine
> light came on just as he was heading to the dealer for a service, he was
> told that the problem is timing chain guide wear, that was 6weeks ago
> and the car is still at the dealer waiting for parts, there is no
> shortage of aftermarket parts.

Fuck dealers. They're pathetic.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tesla causes accident

<h4c2flzqro9n$.acg5a1rk2nwn.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13211&group=aus.cars#13211

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 08:59:32 +1000
References: <j9tbdlFrkdcU1@mid.individual.net> <t1c6ud$l5g$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t1cag7$dbn$1@dont-email.me> <j9trtoF84bU1@mid.individual.net> <t1cj65$u2h$1@dont-email.me> <j9v206F7dm1U1@mid.individual.net> <t1eeb1$o3o$1@dont-email.me> <HmB_J.197315$Y1A7.67354@fx43.iad> <t1erqm$huv$1@dont-email.me> <TCV_J.455141$oF2.406964@fx10.iad> <ja34i1FrqmU1@mid.individual.net> <t1hs7p$sbm$1@dont-email.me> <ja48dtF7lo1U1@mid.individual.net> <t1irt5$5s7$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:59 UTC

On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:38:26 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> Fuck dealers. They're pathetic.

Awww. Wassa matta Fraudster? Did the nasty Honda manager not let you touch
the punters cars because you weren't qualified?

Oh. And btw... care to explain how you were working at that Honda dealer
from "the late 80's/early 90's" until the new millenium? You know, during
all those years when you were raking in the money from the fabled NAoA.

Your own words Fraudster:
"I was working for the Honda Dealership at the time [New millenium. a.s.]
who had their computer systems managed by a company called Reynolds and
Reynolds who at the time were big in the dealership network maintenance
world. They charged a lot of money to supply and maintain antiquated
rubbish, and when Y2K came around they charged even more and did absolutely
jack.

Y2K ticked over and nothing happened.

*Fuck* it was disappointing. I wanted *something* to explode. But
nothing did." Fraudster, 22Nov19.

And after you explain that wacky conflict, [he said ironically], you can
expand on how you know that Reynolds & Reynolds "did absolutely jack".

Oty Fraudster!

alvey

Re: Tesla causes accident

<t1j6qf$cjt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13220&group=aus.cars#13220

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:44:31 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 01:44 UTC

On 25/03/2022 3:11 am, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 00:37:58 +1100, Noddy wrote:

>>> Would your reason for getting it serviced at Ford be capped price
>>> servicing?
>>> Can't think of any other reason.
>>> Mate used to get his Volvo dealer serviced but 2 recent things have
>>> changed his mind, 150k service at the dealer was quoted at $660.00, we
>>> did it ourselves by the book for $160 in materials and it took an hour
>>> so the dealer is actually charging $500 an hour.
>>> Second issue was not a dealer but a Volvo "specialist", rear shocker
>>> snapped at the top mounting bolt, after looking at YouTube we figured
>>> out that the "tube" that protects the shaft was fitted incorrectly
>>> stopping the mounting rubber from flexing so the shaft bent eventually
>>> breaking it.
>>> They charged him just under $1000.00 to supply and fit, cost of new
>>> shocks was less than $300.00 and it took us a half hour per side to
>>> remove and replace so labour works out at about $700.00 per hour.
>>> He doesn't mind paying for good service but he's getting sick and tired
>>> of being ripped off.
>>
>> That's the way they make their money, and they *all* do it irrespective
>> of the badge.
>
> *** Warning - Convenient Anecdote Ahead ***
>
>> I've got a Mazda 6 being dropped off in a week or so with non
>> functioning power steering. 2012 model I think it is, and while I'm not
>> really interested in doing any work for people,
>
> What "people" Fraudster?

His imaginary "customers"

>> I'm just doing this as a
>> favour as it belongs to a friend's father who is getting ripped by a
>> Mazda dealer. The car has electric power steering and the dealer claims
>> it needs a replacement steering controller at a cost of just under 4
>> thousand bucks.
>>
>> I'm calling bullshit,
>
> Yep. Good chance...

Definitely bullshit. The car and the problem may well exist but his
claims regarding a "controller" costing $4000 at a dealer is bogus
grandstanding nonsense. Remember, this is a bloke who reckons that
swapping parts in hope and sending people on their way is a legitimate
diagnostic book procedure on a V8 Commodore when every trade relevant
qualified *mechanic* knows that checking fuel trim on each cylinder
would have told them *exactly* which cylinder was misbehaving in 2
minutes because *that* is how you diagnose that fault with pinpoint
accuracy.

I would be genuinely interested in seeing his diagnostic and repair
process documented as I could do with another good laugh at his clueless
foibles.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Tesla causes accident

<t1j7et$g2m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13221&group=aus.cars#13221

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:55:16 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 01:55 UTC

On 25/03/2022 6:59 am, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:38:26 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>

>> Fuck dealers. They're pathetic.
>
> Awww. Wassa matta Fraudster? Did the nasty Honda manager not let you touch
> the punters cars because you weren't qualified?
>
> Oh. And btw... care to explain how you were working at that Honda dealer
> from "the late 80's/early 90's" until the new millenium? You know, during
> all those years when you were raking in the money from the fabled NAoA.
>
> Your own words Fraudster:
> "I was working for the Honda Dealership at the time [New millenium. a.s.]
> who had their computer systems managed by a company called Reynolds and
> Reynolds who at the time were big in the dealership network maintenance
> world. They charged a lot of money to supply and maintain antiquated
> rubbish, and when Y2K came around they charged even more and did absolutely
> jack.
>
> Y2K ticked over and nothing happened.
>
> *Fuck* it was disappointing. I wanted *something* to explode. But
> nothing did." Fraudster, 22Nov19.
>
> And after you explain that wacky conflict, [he said ironically], you can
> expand on how you know that Reynolds & Reynolds "did absolutely jack".
>
> Oty Fraudster!

Since I used the Reynolds & Reynolds system at that time I know
*exactly* what happened and his story is 100% BS. I already explained it
once and *why* nothing happened - and that has everything to do with
what R&R did *before* Y2K hit. Far from "nothing", I can assure you.

I'm not sure what he did at Honda if he was there but he couldn't have
been working as a service advisor much less a service manager.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Tesla causes accident

<ja4mkgFa6boU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13223&group=aus.cars#13223

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 13:11:31 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 02:11 UTC

On 25/03/2022 12:44 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 25/03/2022 3:11 am, alvey wrote:

>>> That's the way they make their money, and they *all* do it irrespective
>>> of the badge.
>>
>> *** Warning - Convenient Anecdote Ahead ***
>>> I've got a Mazda 6 being dropped off in a week or so with non
>>> functioning power steering. 2012 model I think it is, and while I'm not
>>> really interested in doing any work for people,
>>
>> What "people" Fraudster?
>>

> His imaginary "customers"
>
>>> I'm just doing this as a
>>> favour as it belongs to a friend's father who is getting ripped by a
>>> Mazda dealer. The car has electric power steering and the dealer claims
>>> it needs a replacement steering controller at a cost of just under 4
>>> thousand bucks.
>>>
>>> I'm calling bullshit,
>>
>> Yep. Good chance...
>>

> Definitely bullshit. The car and the problem may well exist but his
> claims regarding a "controller" costing $4000 at a dealer is bogus
> grandstanding nonsense. Remember, this is a bloke who reckons that
> swapping parts in hope and sending people on their way is a legitimate
> diagnostic book procedure on a V8 Commodore when every trade relevant
> qualified *mechanic* knows that checking fuel trim on each cylinder
> would have told them *exactly* which cylinder was misbehaving in 2
> minutes because *that* is how you diagnose that fault with pinpoint
> accuracy.

not the 'bold and the beautiful' but the 'clued and the clueless', lol  :)

> I would be genuinely interested in seeing his diagnostic and repair
> process documented as I could do with another good laugh at his
> clueless foibles.

be interesting to see if he's game enough to post it. but as we know,
being brave is not his thing.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Tesla causes accident

<fje%J.407926$mF2.407045@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13238&group=aus.cars#13238

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 18:37:45 +1100
 by: lindsay - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 07:37 UTC

On 24/03/2022 8:30 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> :)
>>
>> did the same in the 2 ford utes. The Navara would struggle to get to
>> 140 :-D
>
> Lol :)

>>> I was looking at the new Ranger online last night actually, and
>>> compared to everything on the ute market at the moment it looks
>>> positively futuristic. They're tipped to hit the market around the
>>> middle of the year, and depending on price I expect they'll blow
>>> everything else out of the water. I wouldn't mind holding off and
>>> seeing what they're like, but it could also be a good time to buy a
>>> runnout bi-turbo XLT as well.
>>
>> mines an XLT. not a real large amount of difference between them and a
>> wildtrak.... not for the extra crisps, akaic.
>
> About 7 grand difference in price between the XLT 2 litre auto and the
> Wildtrak with the same mechanical spec, and for that you get some
> spotlights, different wheels, different coloured door handles and a
> leather interior with contrasting stitching which in my opinion looks a
> bit tacky. If I was buying one it would definitely be the XLT with cloth
> interior, as after 6 years of leather in the Navara I'm over it.

If you ask 'em nicely, i'll bet you get the wheels. I did, with a little
bit of gentle persuasion.... I've put some fitted neoprene seat covers,
and have some deep rubber mats. We've had some massive rainfall in East
Gippsland, and the tracks are all wet red mud with black snakes as speed
humps....* so going down this path:
https://3dmats.com.au/product/to-fit-ranger-px-px2-dual-cab-kagu-rubber?fbclid=IwAR3zPbUBUAjxePgxCgYXsKbAjKm3eTttflHewO-xDIbDof-Or1rJFi2u2Gk
fitted dish mats, all 4 ... $180 bucks. cant go wrong there.

my wingman just sent me a pic: his arrived today...
https://imgur.com/a/xER9FV7 would like a bit more coverage of the trans
tunnel... but better that the $50 specials from repco.

>>> In other news, I looked at a new Toyota Hilux SR5, and was astonished
>>> to learn that at 70 grand on the road for the dual cab tray back
>>> version it doesn't even come with a reverse camera because Toyota
>>> found it all a bit too difficult to make it work.

a $50 cam from supercheap is wired into the reverse lights...

>> 12K diff in price, and mine has a reverse camera that works,(just
>> wiped the mud off it) and a proper tray, not something made from
>> alfoil. Flawless so far, I'd buy another tommorow if required.
>
> Yep. Just another typical example of Toyota being massively over priced.
>
>> I may stand corrected, but I believe ranger was outselling hilux in
>> the 4wd models, and have been for quite some time. Never forgot the
>> sneer the toyota sales droid gave me, when I rocked up at Frankston
>> Toyota... was like i couldnt afford his overpriced piece of shit.
>> Bought the Navara, it served me well, and now back at Ford. No
>> complaints with either brand.
>
> I've been very happy with the Navara and in the last 6 years it's been
> awesome. It's still a great drive, but it lacks all the mod-cons that
> the Santa Fe has and as I've been driving that a lot lately and getting
> used to the little niceties I miss them when I get back in the ute. So,
> it's time to move it on to someone else, and with the stupidity of
> today's used ute market I may get close to what I paid for the thing :)

I got $22k, 1/2 of what I paid for my 12yo Navara. Got the current bus
(inc real tray) for close enough to $60k. Had some stuff done (wiring
for tray/fridge), radio, etc... last thing: looking at a second battery
setup. Methinks, unless I win Lotto, this bus will see me out.

* me and 2 other mates went for a ride on the quads, to clean up some
fallen trees across some tracks. Went down the dam track to the bottom
paddock, and lo-and-behold, Gary (in front) points to a pile of scrub
pushed up into a pile when the dam was built. 2 big black snakes sunning
themselves. One was fucking massive. The 3 of us agreed it was at least
6 foot, and as fat as my forearm. no photos :-( Blacks at my place
rarely are seen over 3 feet. This bloke and his mate have figured out
that they camp next to the dam, they dont have far to go for
breakfast/lunch/dinner. I went back with a camera, and the big one was
gone, and the smaller one had it's head in the scrub at one end, and
it's tail down the other. https://imgur.com/a/nOUYYrE probably around
40mm thick. The big boy was sleeping in the dirt in the top right of the
pic. Would have been 60mm thick.

and as an aside, here's Donald slinking away with a black wattle, like a
Tiger with a wildebeest, in the jaws of the treezers. :-D Awesome bit of
kit. Works very well. had to change the hydraulic fittings, (for no
cost!), hoses were long enough,... gunna have some serious fun when i
retire :-D