God instructs the heart, not by ideas, but by pains and contradictions. -- De Caussade

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

SubjectAuthor
* Window-tint removal. Part IIPeter Jason
+* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIClocky
|`- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIPeter Jason
`* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IITrevor Wilson
 +* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIDaryl
 |+* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIXeno
 ||`* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIGrumpy Tech
 || +* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIalvey
 || |+- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIXeno
 || |+- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIClocky
 || |+- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIGrumpy Tech
 || |`* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIkeithr0
 || | +- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IINoddy
 || | +- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIalvey
 || | `* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIalvey
 || |  `* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIGrumpy Tech
 || |   `* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIalvey
 || |    `* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIGrumpy Tech
 || |     `- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIalvey
 || +* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIXeno
 || |`- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIYosemite Sam
 || `* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IINoddy
 ||  +* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIYosemite Sam
 ||  |+- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIXeno
 ||  |`* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIClocky
 ||  | `- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIYosemite Sam
 ||  +- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIalvey
 ||  +- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIXeno
 ||  `- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIClocky
 |+* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IINoddy
 ||`- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIXeno
 |`* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIPeter Jason
 | `- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIYosemite Sam
 `* Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIPeter Jason
  +- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IITrevor Wilson
  `- Re: Window-tint removal. Part IIClocky

Pages:12
Window-tint removal. Part II

<2l3v3hltje0e0f32se68d2hkdttqt794gp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13275&group=aus.cars#13275

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Window-tint removal. Part II
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 09:17:14 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 22:17 UTC

I finally hit on a solution.

1/ Nick an unobtrusive point and start slowly tearing it off. The
stuff is very old and tears, so this must be done often.
2/ Of course the film comes off, but the adhesive remains.
3/ Acquire mineral turps (not kero) and blend in about 10% oil-soluble
detergent.
4/ Using lots of absorbent toilet paper apply this mix to the surface
and rub it in. This results in a thick agglomeration of adhesive,
detergent and turps. Smoking is not advised during this part.
5/ Wipe all off with lots of wet/damp paper towel.
That's it. I have survived to tell thee!

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<t1oj14$t00$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13278&group=aus.cars#13278

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Window-tint removal. Part II
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 10:43:47 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 02:43 UTC

On 27/03/2022 6:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> I finally hit on a solution.
>
> 1/ Nick an unobtrusive point and start slowly tearing it off. The
> stuff is very old and tears, so this must be done often.
> 2/ Of course the film comes off, but the adhesive remains.
> 3/ Acquire mineral turps (not kero) and blend in about 10% oil-soluble
> detergent.
> 4/ Using lots of absorbent toilet paper apply this mix to the surface
> and rub it in. This results in a thick agglomeration of adhesive,
> detergent and turps. Smoking is not advised during this part.
> 5/ Wipe all off with lots of wet/damp paper towel.
> That's it. I have survived to tell thee!

Or just use a sharp scraper like the one I linked to and remove it
cleanly in half an hour like I suggested.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<i9h14hp2662soe761feluliqn2ttfeed0k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13294&group=aus.cars#13294

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 07:14:35 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 20:14 UTC

On Sun, 27 Mar 2022 10:43:47 +0800, Clocky <notgonna@happen.com>
wrote:

>On 27/03/2022 6:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> I finally hit on a solution.
>>
>> 1/ Nick an unobtrusive point and start slowly tearing it off. The
>> stuff is very old and tears, so this must be done often.
>> 2/ Of course the film comes off, but the adhesive remains.
>> 3/ Acquire mineral turps (not kero) and blend in about 10% oil-soluble
>> detergent.
>> 4/ Using lots of absorbent toilet paper apply this mix to the surface
>> and rub it in. This results in a thick agglomeration of adhesive,
>> detergent and turps. Smoking is not advised during this part.
>> 5/ Wipe all off with lots of wet/damp paper towel.
>> That's it. I have survived to tell thee!
>>

>Or just use a sharp scraper like the one I linked to and remove it
>cleanly in half an hour like I suggested.

No. The sharp scraper merely nicked the surface to start the tearing
off. The adhesive stayed behind after the film was removed.

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbcqpuF1lsoU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13493&group=aus.cars#13493

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 17:26:55 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 07:26 UTC

On 27/03/2022 9:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> I finally hit on a solution.
>
> 1/ Nick an unobtrusive point and start slowly tearing it off. The
> stuff is very old and tears, so this must be done often.
> 2/ Of course the film comes off, but the adhesive remains.
> 3/ Acquire mineral turps (not kero) and blend in about 10% oil-soluble
> detergent.
> 4/ Using lots of absorbent toilet paper apply this mix to the surface
> and rub it in. This results in a thick agglomeration of adhesive,
> detergent and turps. Smoking is not advised during this part.
> 5/ Wipe all off with lots of wet/damp paper towel.
> That's it. I have survived to tell thee!

**Should have used a cheap ($20.00) steamer. Do the job in 10 minutes.
No chemicals to clean up.

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbctgtF24cjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13496&group=aus.cars#13496

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 18:13:17 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 08:13 UTC

On 9/4/2022 5:26 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/03/2022 9:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> I finally hit on a solution.
>>
>> 1/ Nick an unobtrusive point and start slowly tearing it off. The
>> stuff is very old and tears,  so this must be done often.
>> 2/ Of course the film comes off, but the adhesive remains.
>> 3/ Acquire mineral turps (not kero) and blend in about 10% oil-soluble
>> detergent.
>> 4/ Using lots of absorbent toilet paper apply this mix to the surface
>> and rub it in.  This results in a thick agglomeration of adhesive,
>> detergent and turps.  Smoking is not advised during this part.
>> 5/ Wipe all off with lots of wet/damp paper towel.
>> That's it.  I have survived to tell thee!
>
> **Should have used a cheap ($20.00) steamer. Do the job in 10 minutes.
> No chemicals to clean up.

Some people feel that its necessary to reinvent the wheel and by doing
so manage to turn a 10 minute job into a days work, must be bored or
have nothing better to do.

--
Daryl

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbd9tfF4f4uU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13499&group=aus.cars#13499

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 21:44:47 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:44 UTC

On 9/4/2022 6:13 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 9/4/2022 5:26 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 27/03/2022 9:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> I finally hit on a solution.
>>>
>>> 1/ Nick an unobtrusive point and start slowly tearing it off. The
>>> stuff is very old and tears,  so this must be done often.
>>> 2/ Of course the film comes off, but the adhesive remains.
>>> 3/ Acquire mineral turps (not kero) and blend in about 10% oil-soluble
>>> detergent.
>>> 4/ Using lots of absorbent toilet paper apply this mix to the surface
>>> and rub it in.  This results in a thick agglomeration of adhesive,
>>> detergent and turps.  Smoking is not advised during this part.
>>> 5/ Wipe all off with lots of wet/damp paper towel.
>>> That's it.  I have survived to tell thee!
>>
>> **Should have used a cheap ($20.00) steamer. Do the job in 10 minutes.
>> No chemicals to clean up.
>
> Some people feel that its necessary to reinvent the wheel and by doing
> so manage to turn a 10 minute job into a days work, must be bored or
> have nothing better to do.

Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his automotive
achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion going. It may
come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose and role of
discussion forums.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<t2srac$fjo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13500&group=aus.cars#13500

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 06:45:58 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 20:45 UTC

On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:

> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his automotive
> achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion going. It may
> come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose and role of
> discussion forums.

So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used toilet
paper.

I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.

As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed to
be an educated man. Grow up.

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<1j77slnolhlv9.ybweqxwae8r9$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13501&group=aus.cars#13501

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 07:27:12 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 21:27 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 06:45:58 +1000, Grumpy Tech wrote:

> On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:
>
>> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his automotive
>> achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion going. It may
>> come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose and role of
>> discussion forums.
>
> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used toilet
> paper.
>
> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>
> As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
> having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed to
> be an educated man. Grow up.

I see. So you don't mind about all the *repeated* lies that Gibbens has
told, the mindless and baseless abuse he's heaped on those who dare to
disagree with him, and the truly monstrous hypocrisies that he routinely
churns out, it's someone telling a truth about the wretched louse that gets
your dander up. I think you need to recalibrate Gumps.

On a more interesting OT subject... I finally succumbed and bought (leased)
Photoshop a couple of weeks back. Jaysus there's a lot of it. It has more
of a learning cliff than a curve. But soooo powerful. I'll never trust
another photo again.

alvey

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbedveFb6m5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13502&group=aus.cars#13502

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: 9 Apr 2022 22:00:14 GMT
 by: Xeno - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 22:00 UTC

Grumpy Tech <grumpytech07@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:
>
>> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his automotive
>> achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion going. It may
>> come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose and role of
>> discussion forums.
>
> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used toilet
> paper.
>
> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>
> As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
> having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed to
> be an educated man. Grow up.

So, you now *concede* that Darren has no automotive qualifications to speak
of, eh?

FWIW, Darren’s long-standing claims of multiple apprenticeships, multiple
trade qualifications, et al are an affront to *all tradespeople* who, like
me, worked for and *earned* their qualifications legitimately. Darren made
those self aggrandising claims in order to give himself legitimacy and
relevance in an automotive forum where, FFS, there is no such requirement.
He couldn’t make it in the trade, in the real world, so he sought out a
pulpit from which to preach here in aus.cars, his past post count makes
that much self evident. Your hero Darren is a fraud and a faker and *you*
need to get over that. You’ve been worshipping at the pulpit of Darren for
far too long, it’s time you got over it. Like a stack of cards, Darren’s
temple has collapsed leaving you and his other acolytes with egg on your
faces.

At least Jonz had the balls to admit he never completed his apprenticeship
when Darren pressured him. Jonz at least *qualified* to enter into an
apprenticeship, Darren never did even that much. Darren, when he was at
Richmond secondary tech school, had an option - study hard an qualify for
an apprenticeship. After all, that was the primary focus of tech schools
back then. What did Darren do? He *squibbed*, he ran away from the chance
to have a career in automotive and it’s been eating away at him ever since.

--
Xeno

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbej2kFc4cfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13503&group=aus.cars#13503

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: 9 Apr 2022 23:27:17 GMT
 by: Xeno - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 23:27 UTC

alvey <alvey@is.invalid> wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 06:45:58 +1000, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>
>> On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:
>>
>>> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his automotive
>>> achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion going. It may
>>> come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose and role of
>>> discussion forums.
>>
>> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
>> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
>> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
>> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used toilet
>> paper.
>>
>> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
>> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>>
>> As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
>> having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed to
>> be an educated man. Grow up.
>
> I see. So you don't mind about all the *repeated* lies that Gibbens has
> told, the mindless and baseless abuse he's heaped on those who dare to
> disagree with him, and the truly monstrous hypocrisies that he routinely
> churns out, it's someone telling a truth about the wretched louse that gets
> your dander up. I think you need to recalibrate Gumps.

Recalibrate? Even a *hard reset* wouldn’t be sufficient.

--
Xeno

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbejucFc8vvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13504&group=aus.cars#13504

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 09:42:25 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 23:42 UTC

On 10/04/2022 8:00 am, Xeno wrote:
> Grumpy Tech <grumpytech07@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:
>>
>>> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his automotive
>>> achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion going. It may
>>> come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose and role of
>>> discussion forums.
>> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
>> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
>> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
>> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used toilet
>> paper.
>>
>> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
>> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>>
>> As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
>> having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed to
>> be an educated man. Grow up.
>>
> So, you now *concede* that Darren has no automotive qualifications to speak
> of, eh?
>
> FWIW, Darren’s long-standing claims of multiple apprenticeships, multiple
> trade qualifications, et al are an affront to *all tradespeople* who, like
> me, worked for and *earned* their qualifications legitimately. Darren made
> those self aggrandising claims in order to give himself legitimacy and
> relevance in an automotive forum where, FFS, there is no such requirement.
> He couldn’t make it in the trade, in the real world, so he sought out a
> pulpit from which to preach here in aus.cars, his past post count makes
> that much self evident. Your hero Darren is a fraud and a faker and *you*
> need to get over that. You’ve been worshipping at the pulpit of Darren for
> far too long, it’s time you got over it. Like a stack of cards, Darren’s
> temple has collapsed leaving you and his other acolytes with egg on your
> faces.
>
> At least Jonz had the balls to admit he never completed his apprenticeship
> when Darren pressured him. Jonz at least *qualified* to enter into an
> apprenticeship, Darren never did even that much. Darren, when he was at
> Richmond secondary tech school, had an option - study hard an qualify for
> an apprenticeship. After all, that was the primary focus of tech schools
> back then. What did Darren do? He *squibbed*, he ran away from the chance
> to have a career in automotive and it’s been eating away at him ever since.

'he squibbed and ran away' just as he's being doing and does here

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<t2t809$69k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13505&group=aus.cars#13505

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:22:33 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:22 UTC

On 9/04/2022 6:13 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 9/4/2022 5:26 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>> **Should have used a cheap ($20.00) steamer. Do the job in 10 minutes.
>> No chemicals to clean up.
>
> Some people feel that its necessary to reinvent the wheel and by doing
> so manage to turn a 10 minute job into a days work, must be bored or
> have nothing better to do.

He's just a troll. There is no window tint. He's invented the entire
scenario so he can "ask" for help and then tell everyone who offers it
that they're wrong.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<t2t8ob$as0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13506&group=aus.cars#13506

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:35:20 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:35 UTC

On 10/04/2022 6:45 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:
>
>> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his
>> automotive achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion
>> going. It may come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose
>> and role of discussion forums.
>
> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used toilet
> paper.

Indeed. He's not all there in the head, and he's demonstrated *many*
times that he is absolutely *clueless* when it comes to anything
automotive, making your question a very apt one.

> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.

I don't think _anyone_ else gives a damn, do they? :) Jerky plays along
with it because it gives him something to scream about, but then you
have to wonder about anyone who sides with a person who he investigated
for his bullshit and led him up the garden path once before which
resulted in a grovelling apology :)

Felix? Well, what can you say about Felix other than him being too
stupid to do anything other than be a pathetic sycophant? His little "me
too's" always remind me of Chester in the "Chester and Spike" cartoon :)

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg

And Alvey? There's nothing to say about Alvey really other than him
being all on his own in his completely retarded little world. He is
*clearly* the most irrelevant person in this group which doesn't paint
much of a picture of his life if he has to be here to occupy that role
every day.

The FLC in a nutshell. A small bunch of keyboard warrior losers who have
nothing better to do with their lives other than to pander to their
miserable insecurities.

Monty Python couldn't write shit this funny :)

> As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
> having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed to
> be an educated man. Grow up.

He's not capable. He's at the limit of his intellect right now, and to
do anything rational is quite beyond him.

Which couldn't be a more fitting role for such a contemptible piece of
shit really ....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbenvjFcuptU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13507&group=aus.cars#13507

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:51:20 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 00:51 UTC

On 10/04/2022 10:35 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 10/04/2022 6:45 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:
>>
>>> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his
>>> automotive achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion
>>> going. It may come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose
>>> and role of discussion forums.
>>
>> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
>> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
>> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
>> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used
>> toilet paper.
>
> Indeed. He's not all there in the head, and he's demonstrated *many*
> times that he is absolutely *clueless* when it comes to anything
> automotive, making your question a very apt one.
>
>> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
>> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>
> I don't think _anyone_ else gives a damn, do they? :) Jerky plays
> along with it because it gives him something to scream about, but then
> you have to wonder about anyone who sides with a person who he
> investigated for his bullshit and led him up the garden path once
> before which resulted in a grovelling apology :)
>
> Felix? Well, what can you say about Felix other than him being too
> stupid to do anything other than be a pathetic sycophant? His little
> "me too's" always remind me of Chester in the "Chester and Spike"
> cartoon :)
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg
>
> And Alvey? There's nothing to say about Alvey really other than him
> being all on his own in his completely retarded little world. He is
> *clearly* the most irrelevant person in this group which doesn't paint
> much of a picture of his life if he has to be here to occupy that role
> every day.
>
> The FLC in a nutshell. A small bunch of keyboard warrior losers who
> have nothing better to do with their lives other than to pander to
> their miserable insecurities.

the biggest loser in this group is you.. a person who lies about his
achievements seeking to gain status in the automotive field, a fraud and
a faker, who criticizes others while hiding behind a killfile. and you
talk of others being insecure, lol!

> Monty Python couldn't write shit this funny :)
>
>> As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
>> having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed
>> to be an educated man. Grow up.
>
> He's not capable. He's at the limit of his intellect right now, and to
> do anything rational is quite beyond him.

he's more intelligent than you'll ever be, as are all of us in the so
called FLC

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<h2bvyy40buch$.w0ooaoz335mb$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13508&group=aus.cars#13508

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 11:59:25 +1000
 by: alvey - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 01:59 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:35:20 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> On 10/04/2022 6:45 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:
>>
>>> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his
>>> automotive achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion
>>> going. It may come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose
>>> and role of discussion forums.
>>
>> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
>> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
>> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
>> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used toilet
>> paper.
>
> Indeed. He's not all there in the head, and he's demonstrated *many*
> times that he is absolutely *clueless* when it comes to anything
> automotive, making your question a very apt one.
>
>> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
>> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>
> I don't think _anyone_ else gives a damn, do they? :) Jerky plays along
> with it because it gives him something to scream about, but then you
> have to wonder about anyone who sides with a person who he investigated
> for his bullshit and led him up the garden path once before which
> resulted in a grovelling apology :)
>
> Felix? Well, what can you say about Felix other than him being too
> stupid to do anything other than be a pathetic sycophant? His little "me
> too's" always remind me of Chester in the "Chester and Spike" cartoon :)
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg
>
> And Alvey? There's nothing to say about Alvey really other than him
> being all on his own in his completely retarded little world. He is
> *clearly* the most irrelevant person in this group which doesn't paint
> much of a picture of his life if he has to be here to occupy that role
> every day.
>
> The FLC in a nutshell. A small bunch of keyboard warrior losers who have
> nothing better to do with their lives other than to pander to their
> miserable insecurities.

Poor Fraudster.

It doesn't matter how many opinions you sling about Gibbens, *** EVERYONE
*** knows that you are a liar, fraud and hypocrite and, as such, your
opinions are worth the same as your vain-glorious claims. Nothing.

alvey
Go Ferrari!

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbf25pFemo4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13509&group=aus.cars#13509

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: 10 Apr 2022 03:44:58 GMT
 by: Xeno - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 03:44 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
> On 9/04/2022 6:13 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 9/4/2022 5:26 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>

>>> **Should have used a cheap ($20.00) steamer. Do the job in 10 minutes.
>>> No chemicals to clean up.
>>
>> Some people feel that its necessary to reinvent the wheel and by doing
>> so manage to turn a 10 minute job into a days work, must be bored or
>> have nothing better to do.
>
> He's just a troll. There is no window tint. He's invented the entire
> scenario so he can "ask" for help and then tell everyone who offers it
> that they're wrong.

At least he asks questions direct. *You* set up a sock puppet to ask
questions so *you* can answer them, all just to feel relevant in a car
newsgroup. Best you keep your yap shut on this score Darren!

--
Xeno

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbf2g8Feoj1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13510&group=aus.cars#13510

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: 10 Apr 2022 03:50:32 GMT
 by: Xeno - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 03:50 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
> On 10/04/2022 6:45 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:
>>
>>> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his
>>> automotive achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion
>>> going. It may come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose
>>> and role of discussion forums.
>>
>> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
>> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
>> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
>> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used toilet
>> paper.
>
> Indeed. He's not all there in the head, and he's demonstrated *many*
> times that he is absolutely *clueless* when it comes to anything
> automotive, making your question a very apt one.
>
>> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
>> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>
> I don't think _anyone_ else gives a damn, do they? :) Jerky plays along
> with it because it gives him something to scream about, but then you
> have to wonder about anyone who sides with a person who he investigated
> for his bullshit and led him up the garden path once before which
> resulted in a grovelling apology :)
>
> Felix? Well, what can you say about Felix other than him being too
> stupid to do anything other than be a pathetic sycophant? His little "me
> too's" always remind me of Chester in the "Chester and Spike" cartoon :)
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg
>
> And Alvey? There's nothing to say about Alvey really other than him
> being all on his own in his completely retarded little world. He is
> *clearly* the most irrelevant person in this group which doesn't paint
> much of a picture of his life if he has to be here to occupy that role
> every day.

Says the irrelevant clown who pumped out 1000 posts a month in this
newsgroup and who had to *fake* his relevance by inventing trade
qualifications he doesn’t possess. Boy, you are truly the poster child for
narcissism.

> The FLC in a nutshell. A small bunch of keyboard warrior losers who have
> nothing better to do with their lives other than to pander to their
> miserable insecurities.

Yep, describes you and your acolytes perfectly. You project your
insecurities every time you post.

--
Xeno

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbf41oFf0h8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13511&group=aus.cars#13511

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 14:16:54 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 04:16 UTC

On 10/4/2022 10:51 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 10/04/2022 10:35 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
>>> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
>>> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
>>> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used
>>> toilet paper.
>>
>> Indeed. He's not all there in the head, and he's demonstrated *many*
>> times that he is absolutely *clueless* when it comes to anything
>> automotive, making your question a very apt one.
>>
>>> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
>>> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>>
>> I don't think _anyone_ else gives a damn, do they? :) Jerky plays
>> along with it because it gives him something to scream about, but then
>> you have to wonder about anyone who sides with a person who he
>> investigated for his bullshit and led him up the garden path once
>> before which resulted in a grovelling apology :)
>>
>> Felix? Well, what can you say about Felix other than him being too
>> stupid to do anything other than be a pathetic sycophant? His little
>> "me too's" always remind me of Chester in the "Chester and Spike"
>> cartoon :)
>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg
>>
>> And Alvey? There's nothing to say about Alvey really other than him
>> being all on his own in his completely retarded little world. He is
>> *clearly* the most irrelevant person in this group which doesn't paint
>> much of a picture of his life if he has to be here to occupy that role
>> every day.
>>
>> The FLC in a nutshell. A small bunch of keyboard warrior losers who
>> have nothing better to do with their lives other than to pander to
>> their miserable insecurities.
>

> the biggest loser in this group is you.. a person who lies about his
> achievements seeking to gain status in the automotive field, a fraud and
> a faker, who criticizes others while hiding behind a killfile. and you
> talk of others being insecure, lol!

The only thing Darren is a master of - projection.
Sadly - for him - he doesn't realise that *everyone* can see through his
bullshit.

>> Monty Python couldn't write shit this funny :)
>>
>>> As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
>>> having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed
>>> to be an educated man. Grow up.
>>
>> He's not capable. He's at the limit of his intellect right now, and to
>> do anything rational is quite beyond him.

See - perfect example of projection by Darren right there!

> he's more intelligent than you'll ever be, as are all of us in the so
> called FLC

Even a moron is more intelligent than Darren.

>> Which couldn't be a more fitting role for such a contemptible piece of
>> shit really ....

Aw gee, and all I did was point out that Darren has been telling huge
porkies for decades.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<t2ut33$g5l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13512&group=aus.cars#13512

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 23:28:36 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:28 UTC

On 10/04/2022 5:27 am, alvey wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 06:45:58 +1000, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>
>> On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:
>>
>>> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his automotive
>>> achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion going. It may
>>> come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose and role of
>>> discussion forums.
>>
>> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
>> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
>> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
>> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used toilet
>> paper.
>>
>> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
>> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>>
>> As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
>> having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed to
>> be an educated man. Grow up.
>
> I see. So you don't mind about all the *repeated* lies that Gibbens has
> told, the mindless and baseless abuse he's heaped on those who dare to
> disagree with him, and the truly monstrous hypocrisies that he routinely
> churns out, it's someone telling a truth about the wretched louse that gets
> your dander up. I think you need to recalibrate Gumps.

He seems to assume that because he and the rest of the FLCJC lack a
moral compass and a sense of common decency that most people are like
him/them. I'd like to think most decent people would care.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<t2utcd$pja$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13513&group=aus.cars#13513

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 23:33:25 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:33 UTC

On 10/04/2022 8:35 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 10/04/2022 6:45 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> On 9/04/2022 9:44 pm, Xeno wrote:
>>
>>> Well, he could have done a *Darren* and bullshitted about his
>>> automotive achievements. But he didn't. Instead he got a discussion
>>> going. It may come as a shock to you but discussions are the purpose
>>> and role of discussion forums.
>>
>> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
>> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
>> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
>> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used
>> toilet paper.
>
> Indeed. He's not all there in the head, and he's demonstrated *many*
> times that he is absolutely *clueless* when it comes to anything
> automotive, making your question a very apt one.
>
>> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
>> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>
> I don't think _anyone_ else gives a damn, do they? :) Jerky plays along
> with it because it gives him something to scream about, but then you
> have to wonder about anyone who sides with a person who he investigated
> for his bullshit and led him up the garden path once before which
> resulted in a grovelling apology :)
>
> Felix? Well, what can you say about Felix other than him being too
> stupid to do anything other than be a pathetic sycophant? His little "me
> too's" always remind me of Chester in the "Chester and Spike" cartoon :)
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg
>
> And Alvey? There's nothing to say about Alvey really other than him
> being all on his own in his completely retarded little world. He is
> *clearly* the most irrelevant person in this group which doesn't paint
> much of a picture of his life if he has to be here to occupy that role
> every day.
>
> The FLC in a nutshell. A small bunch of keyboard warrior losers who have
> nothing better to do with their lives other than to pander to their
> miserable insecurities.
>
> Monty Python couldn't write shit this funny :)
>
>> As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
>> having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed
>> to be an educated man. Grow up.
>
> He's not capable. He's at the limit of his intellect right now, and to
> do anything rational is quite beyond him.
>
> Which couldn't be a more fitting role for such a contemptible piece of
> shit really ....

Blah blah blah. You're a proven morally vacuous abusive fake and a
compulsive liar with credibility lower than that of dogshit stuck to a
shoe.

Your opinion counts for naught son.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<t2utlv$pja$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13514&group=aus.cars#13514

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 23:38:40 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:38 UTC

On 10/04/2022 8:51 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 10/04/2022 10:35 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> So why are you here. All you do is whinge about Noddy not being
>>> qualified. Real discussion gets changed into a negative discord with
>>> disparaging remarks about the veracity of his qualifications or
>>> abilities. Quite frankly anything you write is not fit to be used
>>> toilet paper.
>>
>> Indeed. He's not all there in the head, and he's demonstrated *many*
>> times that he is absolutely *clueless* when it comes to anything
>> automotive, making your question a very apt one.
>>
>>> I have never seen anyone who is so fixated on something that barely
>>> anyone else gives a damn about. Get over it.
>>
>> I don't think _anyone_ else gives a damn, do they? :) Jerky plays
>> along with it because it gives him something to scream about, but then
>> you have to wonder about anyone who sides with a person who he
>> investigated for his bullshit and led him up the garden path once
>> before which resulted in a grovelling apology :)
>>
>> Felix? Well, what can you say about Felix other than him being too
>> stupid to do anything other than be a pathetic sycophant? His little
>> "me too's" always remind me of Chester in the "Chester and Spike"
>> cartoon :)
>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg
>>
>> And Alvey? There's nothing to say about Alvey really other than him
>> being all on his own in his completely retarded little world. He is
>> *clearly* the most irrelevant person in this group which doesn't paint
>> much of a picture of his life if he has to be here to occupy that role
>> every day.
>>
>> The FLC in a nutshell. A small bunch of keyboard warrior losers who
>> have nothing better to do with their lives other than to pander to
>> their miserable insecurities.
>

> the biggest loser in this group is you.. a person who lies about his
> achievements seeking to gain status in the automotive field, a fraud and
> a faker, who criticizes others while hiding behind a killfile. and you
> talk of others being insecure, lol!
>

>> Monty Python couldn't write shit this funny :)
>>
>>> As you have rightly said forums are about discussions. You are not
>>> having a discussion you are having an obsession. FFS you're supposed
>>> to be an educated man. Grow up.
>>
>> He's not capable. He's at the limit of his intellect right now, and to
>> do anything rational is quite beyond him.
>

> he's more intelligent than you'll ever be, as are all of us in the so
> called FLC

Look at the "qualities" of the enablers in team FLCJC... if they were
decent people they would be profoundly ashamed of themselves.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<jbheejFsmkaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13516&group=aus.cars#13516

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 11:27:08 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 01:27 UTC

On 11/04/2022 1:38 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 10/04/2022 8:51 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> Indeed. He's not all there in the head, and he's demonstrated *many*
>>> times that he is absolutely *clueless* when it comes to anything
>>> automotive, making your question a very apt one.

>>> I don't think _anyone_ else gives a damn, do they? :) Jerky plays
>>> along with it because it gives him something to scream about, but
>>> then you have to wonder about anyone who sides with a person who he
>>> investigated for his bullshit and led him up the garden path once
>>> before which resulted in a grovelling apology :)
>>>
>>> Felix? Well, what can you say about Felix other than him being too
>>> stupid to do anything other than be a pathetic sycophant? His little
>>> "me too's" always remind me of Chester in the "Chester and Spike"
>>> cartoon :)

>>> And Alvey? There's nothing to say about Alvey really other than him
>>> being all on his own in his completely retarded little world. He is
>>> *clearly* the most irrelevant person in this group which doesn't
>>> paint much of a picture of his life if he has to be here to occupy
>>> that role every day.
>>>
>>> The FLC in a nutshell. A small bunch of keyboard warrior losers who
>>> have nothing better to do with their lives other than to pander to
>>> their miserable insecurities.
>>

>> the biggest loser in this group is you.. a person who lies about his
>> achievements seeking to gain status in the automotive field, a fraud
>> and a faker, who criticizes others while hiding behind a killfile.
>> and you talk of others being insecure, lol!
>>

>>> Monty Python couldn't write shit this funny :)

>>> He's not capable. He's at the limit of his intellect right now, and
>>> to do anything rational is quite beyond him.
>>

>> he's more intelligent than you'll ever be, as are all of us in the so
>> called FLC
>>

> Look at the "qualities" of the enablers in team FLCJC... if they were
> decent people they would be profoundly ashamed of themselves.

yeah, I said years ago that noddy's problem (one of them) is that he
judges others by himself, which means that he thinks others (everyone
else) have his same (low) standards and mentality. applies to his
enablers now too, as you say.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<t331l2$k6b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13611&group=aus.cars#13611

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:10:54 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 05:10 UTC

On 10/04/2022 7:27 am, alvey wrote:

> On a more interesting OT subject... I finally succumbed and bought (leased)
> Photoshop a couple of weeks back. Jaysus there's a lot of it. It has more
> of a learning cliff than a curve. But soooo powerful. I'll never trust
> another photo again.

A fact of modern high megapixel sensor cameras is that there are
generally a few pixels that are hotspots in long exposure photos.
Basically you have to use a program such as Photoshop to remove them.

I shoot in Raw which allows a fair bit of manipulation of the image.
It's a lot different to shooting with film then processing in chemicals.
You could make images stand out by the length of time you exposed the
paper as well as how long you processed them with the chemicals.

Now all that is done in photoshop or other editing programs and you can
get some amazing results.

I don't use photoshop personally as I don't like it. I use a program
designed for Phase One cameras...

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<1bqb5hp1k7744kvo8e69p3uee3fjr63uj5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13632&group=aus.cars#13632

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 07:06:15 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 21:06 UTC

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 17:26:55 +1000, Trevor Wilson
<trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote:

>On 27/03/2022 9:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> I finally hit on a solution.
>>
>> 1/ Nick an unobtrusive point and start slowly tearing it off. The
>> stuff is very old and tears, so this must be done often.
>> 2/ Of course the film comes off, but the adhesive remains.
>> 3/ Acquire mineral turps (not kero) and blend in about 10% oil-soluble
>> detergent.
>> 4/ Using lots of absorbent toilet paper apply this mix to the surface
>> and rub it in. This results in a thick agglomeration of adhesive,
>> detergent and turps. Smoking is not advised during this part.
>> 5/ Wipe all off with lots of wet/damp paper towel.
>> That's it. I have survived to tell thee!
>
>**Should have used a cheap ($20.00) steamer. Do the job in 10 minutes.
>No chemicals to clean up.

The problem was the old adhesive, it stuck to the glass and was opaque
too. A steamer might have worked but only if the heat made the
adhesive stick to the film and not the glass.

Re: Window-tint removal. Part II

<meqb5hh8qu4nrujbfidb9di9tnbednd75o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13633&group=aus.cars#13633

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 07:07:25 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 21:07 UTC

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 18:13:17 +1000, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
wrote:

>On 9/4/2022 5:26 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 27/03/2022 9:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> I finally hit on a solution.
>>>
>>> 1/ Nick an unobtrusive point and start slowly tearing it off. The
>>> stuff is very old and tears,  so this must be done often.
>>> 2/ Of course the film comes off, but the adhesive remains.
>>> 3/ Acquire mineral turps (not kero) and blend in about 10% oil-soluble
>>> detergent.
>>> 4/ Using lots of absorbent toilet paper apply this mix to the surface
>>> and rub it in.  This results in a thick agglomeration of adhesive,
>>> detergent and turps.  Smoking is not advised during this part.
>>> 5/ Wipe all off with lots of wet/damp paper towel.
>>> That's it.  I have survived to tell thee!
>>
>> **Should have used a cheap ($20.00) steamer. Do the job in 10 minutes.
>> No chemicals to clean up.
>
>Some people feel that its necessary to reinvent the wheel and by doing
>so manage to turn a 10 minute job into a days work, must be bored or
>have nothing better to do.

Reading your posts is like being beaten with a stick; feels real good
when it stops!