aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJONZ
`* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
 +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJONZ
 |`* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herekeithr0
 | +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJohn_H
 | |+- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereClocky
 | |`* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 | | `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herekeithr0
 | |  `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 | |   `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereClocky
 | |    `- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereYosemite Sam
 | `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
 |  |`* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  | `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
 |  |  `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  |   +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereYosemite Sam
 |  |   |`- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herealvey
 |  |   `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
 |  |    `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  |     +- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herealvey
 |  |     `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herekeithr0
 |  |      `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  |       `- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herealvey
 |  +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herekeithr0
 |  |`- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  `- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereAugustus Flavius Maximus
 +- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 +- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereClocky
 |`- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJONZ
 +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJohn_H
 |+* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
 ||+- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereClocky
 ||`- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |`- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJONZ
 `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereFran
  `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
   `- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereRod Speed

Pages:12
Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9bf97$9l60$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16792&group=aus.cars#16792

From: jon...@nothere.com (JONZ)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.cars
Subject: Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 15:30:14 +1000
 by: JONZ - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 05:30 UTC

On 6/27/2022 11:06 AM, Clocky wrote:
> On 26/06/2022 7:56 pm, JONZ wrote:
>>>>

>>> Abortion should be banned - it is killing an unborn child.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>   Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than
>> to speak and remove all doubt!.
>>>

> Awesome, so we will never be subjected to your mindless and idiotic
> gibberish again.
>
> Good news.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about saving
this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.

Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<jhtl9hF4pe3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16793&group=aus.cars#16793

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.cars
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 22:14:39 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 12:14 UTC

On 27/6/2022 3:30 pm, JONZ wrote:
> On 6/27/2022 11:06 AM, Clocky wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>   Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than
>>> to speak and remove all doubt!.
>>>>

>> Awesome, so we will never be subjected to your mindless and idiotic
>> gibberish again.
>>
>> Good news.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>  HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
>      The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about saving
> this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.
>
> Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>

First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment should
be attributed to who?
Its a rather difficult and complex subject and not as simple as the
"Christian Lobby" thinks, by banning abortion its likely that the total
death toll from abortion will increase, not just the unborn babies will
die but also many women will also die trying to give themselves an
abortion, my mothers mother died that way long before I was born.
I certainly don't know what the answer is but IMHO just banning abortion
entirely is not the answer, without a doubt the USA is the dumbest
country in the world and getting dumber by the minute.

--
Daryl

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9c7v4$g26e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16794&group=aus.cars#16794

From: jon...@nothere.com (JONZ)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 22:31:32 +1000
 by: JONZ - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 12:31 UTC

On 6/27/2022 10:14 PM, Daryl wrote:
> On 27/6/2022 3:30 pm, JONZ wrote:

>>> Awesome, so we will never be subjected to your mindless and idiotic
>>> gibberish again.
>>>
>>> Good news.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>   HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
>>       The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about saving
>> this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.
>>
>> Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>
>>>

> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment should
> be attributed to who?
> Its a rather difficult and complex subject and not as simple as the
> "Christian Lobby" thinks, by banning abortion its likely that the total
> death toll from abortion will increase, not just the unborn babies will
> die but also many women will also die trying to give themselves an
> abortion, my mothers mother died that way long before I was born.
> I certainly don't know what the answer is but IMHO just banning abortion
> entirely is not the answer, without a doubt the USA is the dumbest
> country in the world and getting dumber by the minute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes back to paying for the turkey baster treatment in a dirty back
room somewhere....
This thread is on Aus.poliotics.

(

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9ce8v$ho7r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16795&group=aus.cars#16795

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 00:19:08 +1000
 by: Noddy - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 14:19 UTC

On 27/06/2022 10:14 pm, Daryl wrote:

> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment should
> be attributed to who?

Same

> Its a rather difficult and complex subject and not as simple as the
> "Christian Lobby" thinks, by banning abortion its likely that the total
> death toll from abortion will increase, not just the unborn babies will
> die but also many women will also die trying to give themselves an
> abortion, my mothers mother died that way long before I was born.
> I certainly don't know what the answer is but IMHO just banning abortion
> entirely is not the answer,

I don't think it's a difficult subject at all. It should be every
woman's right to do what she wants with her body, and the religious
nutters and right to life fruitcakes can go set themselves on fire in
protest if they wish. Banning abortion is not only a ridiculously
draconian mentality, but also an insanely hypocritical one in any
environment where birth control is allowed to exist.

> without a doubt the USA is the dumbest
> country in the world and getting dumber by the minute.

What do you expect from a Nation that put an egotistical maniac like
Donald Trump in Whitehouse?

A couple of years ago an 11 year old Ohio girl who was repeatedly raped
fell pregnant to her attacker, and under the state's "heatbeat law" she
would be forced to deliver the baby. Similar crimes happen all over the
US, and similar laws are now being signed into effect by Governors all
over the country that would prevent under age girls who become pregnant
as a result of being raped from terminating the pregnancy and instead
forcing them to deliver the child.

This is as fucked up as any human rights abuses that backward arsed
groups like the Taliban impose on women, yet America looks at their
actions with a highly critical eye but sees nothing wrong with how it
handles itself. It's insane. As things stand now, a military assault
rifle has more rights than a pregnant 13 year old girl in Texas, and it
seems absolutely bizarre to me that the various US State Governments
would enforce the protect the "rights" of unborn children in the womb
but totally abandon them and leave them at the mercy of gun crazy
whackjobs by the time they're old enough to go to school.

The human race deserves extinction.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9cen3$hrtm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16796&group=aus.cars#16796

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 00:26:40 +1000
 by: Noddy - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 14:26 UTC

On 27/06/2022 10:14 pm, Daryl wrote:

> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment should
> be attributed to who?

Same

> Its a rather difficult and complex subject and not as simple as the
> "Christian Lobby" thinks, by banning abortion its likely that the total
> death toll from abortion will increase, not just the unborn babies will
> die but also many women will also die trying to give themselves an
> abortion, my mothers mother died that way long before I was born.
> I certainly don't know what the answer is but IMHO just banning abortion
> entirely is not the answer,

I don't think it's a difficult subject at all. It should be every
woman's right to do what she wants with her body, and the religious
nutters and right to life fruitcakes can go set themselves on fire in
protest if they wish. Banning abortion is not only a ridiculously
draconian mentality, but also an insanely hypocritical one in any
environment where birth control is allowed to exist.

> without a doubt the USA is the dumbest
> country in the world and getting dumber by the minute.

What do you expect from a Nation that put an egotistical maniac like
Donald Trump in Whitehouse?

A couple of years ago an 11 year old Ohio girl who was repeatedly raped
fell pregnant to her attacker, and under the state's "heatbeat law" she
would be forced to deliver the baby. Similar crimes happen all over the
US, and similar laws are now being signed into effect by Governors all
over the country that would prevent under age girls who become pregnant
as a result of being raped from terminating the pregnancy and instead
forcing them to deliver the child.

This is as fucked up as any human rights abuses that backward arsed
groups like the Taliban impose on women, yet America looks at their
actions with a highly critical eye but sees nothing wrong with how it
handles itself. It's insane. As things stand now, a military assault
rifle has more rights than a pregnant 13 year old girl in Texas, and it
seems absolutely bizarre to me that the various US State Governments
would enforce the protect the "rights" of unborn children in the womb
but totally abandon them and leave them at the mercy of gun crazy
whackjobs by the time they're old enough to go to school.

The human race deserves extinction.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9cfkh$i4jj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16797&group=aus.cars#16797

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 22:42:20 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 14:42 UTC

On 27/06/2022 8:14 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 27/6/2022 3:30 pm, JONZ wrote:

>>> Awesome, so we will never be subjected to your mindless and idiotic
>>> gibberish again.
>>>
>>> Good news.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>   HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
>>       The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about saving
>> this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.
>>
>> Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>
>>>

> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment should
> be attributed to who?

I don't know either. I made the gibberish comment but if he's talking
about me being anti-abortion he's dead wrong.

Of course it's impossible to tell since his response is the usual
mindless and idiotic gibberish.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<59dkbhl5ac96kkgr4g4lac2esotckpoann@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16798&group=aus.cars#16798

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 08:56:57 +1000
 by: John_H - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 22:56 UTC

Daryl wrote:
>On 27/6/2022 3:30 pm, JONZ wrote:

>>> Awesome, so we will never be subjected to your mindless and idiotic
>>> gibberish again.
>>>
>>> Good news.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>  HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
>>      The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about saving
>> this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.
>>
>> Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>
>>>

>First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment should
>be attributed to who?

The attribution list should tell you exactly that, but just in case
there's a problem with your newsreader....
Nomen Nescio started it.
Max wants abortions banned,
JONZ reckons Max should keep his opinion to himself.
Clocky thinks JONZ is an idiot.

It's up to you to work ot whose mothers should've suffocated their
offspring at birth. :)

>Its a rather difficult and complex subject and not as simple as the
>"Christian Lobby" thinks, by banning abortion its likely that the total
>death toll from abortion will increase, not just the unborn babies will
>die but also many women will also die trying to give themselves an
>abortion, my mothers mother died that way long before I was born.
>I certainly don't know what the answer is but IMHO just banning abortion
>entirely is not the answer, without a doubt the USA is the dumbest
>country in the world and getting dumber by the minute.

--
John H

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9djm2$reig$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16799&group=aus.cars#16799

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 10:57:40 +1000
 by: Fran - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 00:57 UTC

On 27/06/2022 10:14 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 27/6/2022 3:30 pm, JONZ wrote:

>>> Awesome, so we will never be subjected to your mindless and idiotic
>>> gibberish again.
>>>
>>> Good news.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>   HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
>>       The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about saving
>> this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.
>>
>> Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>
>>>

> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment should
> be attributed to who?
> Its a rather difficult and complex subject and not as simple as the
> "Christian Lobby" thinks, by banning abortion its likely that the total
> death toll from abortion will increase, not just the unborn babies will
> die but also many women will also die trying to give themselves an
> abortion, my mothers mother died that way long before I was born.
> I certainly don't know what the answer is but IMHO just banning abortion
> entirely is not the answer, without a doubt the USA is the dumbest
> country in the world and getting dumber by the minute.

:-))) They do seem to like turning back the clock.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9dl46$rp7l$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16800&group=aus.cars#16800

From: jon...@nothere.com (JONZ)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 11:22:14 +1000
 by: JONZ - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 01:22 UTC

On 6/28/2022 12:42 AM, Clocky wrote:
> On 27/06/2022 8:14 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>   HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
>>>       The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about
>>> saving this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.
>>>
>>> Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>
>>>>

>> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment
>> should be attributed to who?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aus. politics will enlighten you. ;)

> I don't know either. I made the gibberish comment
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But of course you *don`t know*,(even though *you were there*,in
Aus.politics) gibberish and sour grapes being your stock-in- trade. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Of course it's impossible to tell since his response is the usual
> mindless and idiotic gibberish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Translation:
'Words with more than two syllables sonfuse me!, and make
my head hurt'....

BTW, Try Reading up on how a news reader operates.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<jhv48oFc4ciU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16801&group=aus.cars#16801

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 11:36:24 +1000
 by: Daryl - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 01:36 UTC

On 28/6/2022 8:56 am, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>  HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
>>>      The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about saving
>>> this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.
>>>
>>> Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>
>>>>

>> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment should
>> be attributed to who?
>
> The attribution list should tell you exactly that, but just in case
> there's a problem with your newsreader....
> Nomen Nescio started it.
> Max wants abortions banned,
> JONZ reckons Max should keep his opinion to himself.
> Clocky thinks JONZ is an idiot.
>
> It's up to you to work ot whose mothers should've suffocated their
> offspring at birth. :)

LOL, in some cases I think abortion should be retrospective:-)

--
Daryl

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<jhv4ffFc654U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16802&group=aus.cars#16802

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 11:39:56 +1000
 by: Daryl - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 01:39 UTC

On 28/6/2022 10:57 am, Fran wrote:
> On 27/06/2022 10:14 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>   HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
>>>       The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about
>>> saving this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.
>>>
>>> Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>
>>>>

>> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment
>> should be attributed to who?
>> Its a rather difficult and complex subject and not as simple as the
>> "Christian Lobby" thinks, by banning abortion its likely that the
>> total death toll from abortion will increase, not just the unborn
>> babies will die but also many women will also die trying to give
>> themselves an abortion, my mothers mother died that way long before I
>> was born.
>> I certainly don't know what the answer is but IMHO just banning
>> abortion entirely is not the answer, without a doubt the USA is the
>> dumbest country in the world and getting dumber by the minute.
>

> :-)))  They do seem to like turning back the clock.

Maybe they should turn back the clock even further to a time when they
actually had decent leaders not that any of ours have been much better.
Kennedy said "ask not what your country can do for you but what can you
do for your country", those words/ideals seems to have got lost
somewhere along the way.

--
Daryl

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9dokg$vdcj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16803&group=aus.cars#16803

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 10:22:09 +0800
 by: Clocky - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 02:22 UTC

On 28/06/2022 9:36 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 28/6/2022 8:56 am, John_H wrote:
>> Daryl wrote:

>>> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment should
>>> be attributed to who?
>>
>> The attribution list should tell you exactly that, but just in case
>> there's a problem with your newsreader....
>> Nomen Nescio started it.
>> Max wants abortions banned,
>> JONZ reckons Max should keep his opinion to himself.
>> Clocky thinks JONZ is an idiot.
>>
>> It's up to you to work ot whose mothers should've suffocated their
>> offspring at birth.  :)
>>

> LOL, in some cases I think abortion should be retrospective:-)

Indeed. Jonz in spades.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9drls$104ek$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16804&group=aus.cars#16804

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 13:14:04 +1000
 by: Noddy - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 03:14 UTC

On 28/06/2022 11:36 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 28/6/2022 8:56 am, John_H wrote:

>> The attribution list should tell you exactly that, but just in case
>> there's a problem with your newsreader....
>> Nomen Nescio started it.
>> Max wants abortions banned,
>> JONZ reckons Max should keep his opinion to himself.
>> Clocky thinks JONZ is an idiot.
>>
>> It's up to you to work ot whose mothers should've suffocated their
>> offspring at birth.  :)
>>

> LOL, in some cases I think abortion should be retrospective:-)

Seconded :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9dsje$106uh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16805&group=aus.cars#16805

From: jon...@nothere.com (JONZ)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 13:29:46 +1000
 by: JONZ - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 03:29 UTC

On 6/28/2022 8:56 AM, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>  HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
>>>      The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about saving
>>> this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.
>>>
>>> Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>
>>>>

>> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment should
>> be attributed to who?
>
> The attribution list should tell you exactly that, but just in case
> there's a problem with your newsreader....
> Nomen Nescio started it.
> Max wants abortions banned,
> JONZ reckons Max should keep his opinion to himself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No not at all, more of a cautionary tale. Egg on faces and all that. ;)

> Clocky thinks JONZ is an idiot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ticcy *dos`nt* think!.

> It's up to you to work ot whose mothers should've suffocated their
> offspring at birth. :)
>
>> Its a rather difficult and complex subject and not as simple as the
>> "Christian Lobby" thinks, by banning abortion its likely that the total
>> death toll from abortion will increase, not just the unborn babies will
>> die but also many women will also die trying to give themselves an
>> abortion, my mothers mother died that way long before I was born.
>> I certainly don't know what the answer is but IMHO just banning abortion
>> entirely is not the answer, without a doubt the USA is the dumbest
>> country in the world and getting dumber by the minute.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<op.1ogh1ir8byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16806&group=aus.cars#16806

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.cars
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 14:42:44 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 04:42 UTC

On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 11:39:56 +1000, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote:

> On 28/6/2022 10:57 am, Fran wrote:

>>> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment
>>> should be attributed to who?
>>> Its a rather difficult and complex subject and not as simple as the
>>> "Christian Lobby" thinks, by banning abortion its likely that the
>>> total death toll from abortion will increase, not just the unborn
>>> babies will die but also many women will also die trying to give
>>> themselves an abortion, my mothers mother died that way long before I
>>> was born.
>>> I certainly don't know what the answer is but IMHO just banning
>>> abortion entirely is not the answer, without a doubt the USA is the
>>> dumbest country in the world and getting dumber by the minute.
>> :-))) They do seem to like turning back the clock.
>>

> Maybe they should turn back the clock even further to a time when they
> actually had decent leaders not that any of ours have been much better.
> Kennedy said "ask not what your country can do for you but what can you
> do for your country",

That fool only got involved in Vietnam because catholics were involved
there.

> those words/ideals seems to have got lost somewhere along the way.

Nope, it was always just more mindless polly bullshit.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<ji2l8lFtctgU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16808&group=aus.cars#16808

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 19:44:53 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 09:44 UTC

On 27/06/2022 10:31 pm, JONZ wrote:
> On 6/27/2022 10:14 PM, Daryl wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>   HMmmm, the *expected* proof/truth of my poast!.
>>>       The same er, person that likes to squeak and squeal about
>>> saving this (very) over populated planet, is an *anti abortionist*.
>>>
>>> Why am I *not* surprised. <FBG>
>>>>

>> First I've seen any of this thread so I'm not sure which comment
>> should be attributed to who?
>> Its a rather difficult and complex subject and not as simple as the
>> "Christian Lobby" thinks, by banning abortion its likely that the
>> total death toll from abortion will increase, not just the unborn
>> babies will die but also many women will also die trying to give
>> themselves an abortion, my mothers mother died that way long before I
>> was born.
>> I certainly don't know what the answer is but IMHO just banning
>> abortion entirely is not the answer, without a doubt the USA is the
>> dumbest country in the world and getting dumber by the minute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>  Yes back to paying for the turkey baster treatment in a dirty back
> room somewhere....
>  This thread is on Aus.poliotics.
>
>    (

The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<lrhpbh5kh4vdm0iug3ik34hdtjmsblvnss@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16814&group=aus.cars#16814

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:03:00 +1000
 by: John_H - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:03 UTC

keithr0 wrote:

>The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
>sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.

It's the pistols in their pockets that should be of most concern!

So called "assault weapons" feature in less than 5% of US gun deaths
whereas over 50% are down to handguns.

--
John H

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9isio$1j5e6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16816&group=aus.cars#16816

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 09:00:03 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 01:00 UTC

On 30/06/2022 6:03 am, John_H wrote:
> keithr0 wrote:
>>
>> The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
>> sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.
>
> It's the pistols in their pockets that should be of most concern!
>
> So called "assault weapons" feature in less than 5% of US gun deaths
> whereas over 50% are down to handguns.

Sure, if your your aim is to oversimplify things but...

"Guns used in mass shootings in the U.S. 1982-2022
Published by Statista Research Department, Jun 29, 2022
Handguns are the most common weapon type used in mass shootings in the
United States, with a total of 147 different handguns being used in 99
incidents between 1982 and June 2022. These figures are calculated from
a total of 131 reported cases over this period, meaning handguns are
involved in about 76 percent of mass shootings.

The involvement of semi-automatic rifles in mass shootings
Owing to their use in several high-profile mass shootings, there has
been much public discussion over suitability or necessity of assault
weapons for the purpose of self-defense. While any definition of assault
weapon is contentious, semi-automatic rifles are generally the main
focus of debates around this issue. Since 1985 there has been a known
total 52 mass shootings involving rifles, mostly semi-automatics. This
figure is underreported though, as it excludes the multiple
semi-automatic (and fully automatic) rifles used in the 2017 Las Vegas
Strip massacre – the worst mass shooting in U.S. history, killing 58 and
wounding 546. In fact, semi-automatic rifles were featured in four of
the five deadliest mass shootings, being used in the Orlando nightclub
massacre, Sandy Hook Elementary massacre and Texas First Baptist Church
massacre.

Mass shootings and gun control
Despite evidence of strict gun control measures reducing the frequency
and severity of mass shootings in countries like Australia, citizens in
the United States remain deeply divided over the issue. According to a
survey about the expected impact of gun laws on the number of mass
shootings, a slim majority of Americans believe that gun control
measures will have little-to-no effect. Most likely, this opinion is
influenced by an underlying commitment among many in the U.S. to the
greater importance of protecting gun ownership rights than limiting
access to firearms. This sits in sharp contrast to many other developed
countries. For example, most Canadians support a ban on civilian owned
firearms."

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9islr$1j5qc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16817&group=aus.cars#16817

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 11:01:43 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 01:01 UTC

On 30/06/2022 8:03 am, John_H wrote:
> keithr0 wrote:
>>
>> The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
>> sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.
>
> It's the pistols in their pockets that should be of most concern!
>
> So called "assault weapons" feature in less than 5% of US gun deaths
> whereas over 50% are down to handguns.

Be that as it may, the AR-15 is the weapon of choice for rampant
lunatics who think it's their constitutional right to blow school
children to Mars, and under US state laws an 18 year old fruitcake can
do so by walking into a corner hardware store and buying an AR-15 and
500 rounds of ammunition easier than they can a packet of cigarettes or
a can of beer.

While the gun debate was raging recently I heard some ridiculous excuses
from people being thrown about as to why assault rifles like the AR-15
should *not* be banned, and the most insanely ludicrous came from some
Senator who's name escapes me at the minute who claimed that he wouldn't
act to see them banned as they were the number one weapon of choice used
by people who shoot racoons to protect their chickens.

I shit you not.

The United States of America. The country that passes laws to protect
the rights of unborn children in the womb, but seemingly does all it can
to turn them into live targets at the mercy of gun toting mental cases
by the time they go to school.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9issv$1j6bv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16818&group=aus.cars#16818

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 11:05:32 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 01:05 UTC

On 29/06/2022 7:44 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 27/06/2022 10:31 pm, JONZ wrote:

> The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
> sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.

Absolutely. It's bizarre in the extreme, and I cannot for the life of me
understand how intelligent people could ever have allowed such a
situation to exist.

It's past the point of redemption now. Firearms are such an ingrained
part of American life and there are *so* many guns in the community that
there is no hope of ever doing anything about it without starting a
revolution.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<ji4etnF7r5oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16819&group=aus.cars#16819

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 12:08:54 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 02:08 UTC

On 30/6/2022 11:05 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 29/06/2022 7:44 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 27/06/2022 10:31 pm, JONZ wrote:
>
>> The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
>> sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.
>
> Absolutely. It's bizarre in the extreme, and I cannot for the life of me
> understand how intelligent people could ever have allowed such a
> situation to exist.
>
> It's past the point of redemption now. Firearms are such an ingrained
> part of American life and there are *so* many guns in the community that
> there is no hope of ever doing anything about it without starting a
> revolution.

My US born mate recently said that he's happy that his kids and grand
kids grew up in Australia and not the US.

--
Daryl

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9j433$1mjla$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16820&group=aus.cars#16820

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:08:19 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:08 UTC

On 30/06/2022 12:08 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 30/6/2022 11:05 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 29/06/2022 7:44 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>>> On 27/06/2022 10:31 pm, JONZ wrote:
>>
>>> The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
>>> sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.
>>
>> Absolutely. It's bizarre in the extreme, and I cannot for the life of
>> me understand how intelligent people could ever have allowed such a
>> situation to exist.
>>
>> It's past the point of redemption now. Firearms are such an ingrained
>> part of American life and there are *so* many guns in the community
>> that there is no hope of ever doing anything about it without starting
>> a revolution.
>>

> My US born mate recently said that he's happy that his kids and grand
> kids grew up in Australia and not the US.

Maybe it's time for the US to have another Civil War. I mean, they seem
to be doing so now anyway, just in an unofficial capacity.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<ji4iobF8cvsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16821&group=aus.cars#16821

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:14:20 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:14 UTC

On 30/06/2022 11:01 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 30/06/2022 8:03 am, John_H wrote:
>> keithr0 wrote:
>>>
>>> The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
>>> sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.
>>
>> It's the pistols in their pockets that should be of most concern!
>>
>> So called "assault weapons" feature in less than 5% of US gun deaths
>> whereas over 50% are down to handguns.
>
> Be that as it may, the AR-15 is the weapon of choice for rampant
> lunatics who think it's their constitutional right to blow school
> children to Mars, and under US state laws an 18 year old fruitcake can
> do so by walking into a corner hardware store and buying an AR-15 and
> 500 rounds of ammunition easier than they can a packet of cigarettes or
> a can of beer.

An 18 year old cannot legally buy a can of beer anywhere in the US, that
would be dangerous.

> While the gun debate was raging recently I heard some ridiculous excuses
> from people being thrown about as to why assault rifles like the AR-15
> should *not* be banned, and the most insanely ludicrous came from some
> Senator who's name escapes me at the minute who claimed that he wouldn't
> act to see them banned as they were the number one weapon of choice used
> by people who shoot racoons to protect their chickens.
>
> I shit you not.
>
> The United States of America. The country that passes laws to protect
> the rights of unborn children in the womb, but seemingly does all it can
> to turn them into live targets at the mercy of gun toting mental cases
> by the time they go to school.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<ji4j0bF8en6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16822&group=aus.cars#16822

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:18:34 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:18 UTC

On 30/06/2022 11:05 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 29/06/2022 7:44 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 27/06/2022 10:31 pm, JONZ wrote:
>
>> The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
>> sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.
>
> Absolutely. It's bizarre in the extreme, and I cannot for the life of me
> understand how intelligent people could ever have allowed such a
> situation to exist.
>
> It's past the point of redemption now. Firearms are such an ingrained
> part of American life and there are *so* many guns in the community that
> there is no hope of ever doing anything about it without starting a
> revolution.

There are more guns than people there. I lived in Massachusetts one of
the states with the strongest gun laws, I couldn't own a pistol because
you have to be a citizen to do that, but I could have a high powered
rifle ostensibly for hunting. Not sure if I could have owned an AR-15
but then I never tried.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9j8vc$1n198$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16827&group=aus.cars#16827

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:31:40 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:31 UTC

On 30/06/2022 1:18 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 30/06/2022 11:05 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 29/06/2022 7:44 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>>> On 27/06/2022 10:31 pm, JONZ wrote:
>>
>>> The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
>>> sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.
>>
>> Absolutely. It's bizarre in the extreme, and I cannot for the life of
>> me understand how intelligent people could ever have allowed such a
>> situation to exist.
>>
>> It's past the point of redemption now. Firearms are such an ingrained
>> part of American life and there are *so* many guns in the community
>> that there is no hope of ever doing anything about it without starting
>> a revolution.
>>
> There are more guns than people there. I lived in Massachusetts one of
> the states with the strongest gun laws, I couldn't own a pistol because
> you have to be a citizen to do that, but I could have a high powered
> rifle ostensibly for hunting. Not sure if I could have owned an AR-15
> but then I never tried.

Why would anyone *want* to?

Regards,
Noddy.