19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJONZ
`* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
 +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJONZ
 |`* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herekeithr0
 | +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJohn_H
 | |+- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereClocky
 | |`* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 | | `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herekeithr0
 | |  `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 | |   `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereClocky
 | |    `- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereYosemite Sam
 | `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
 |  |`* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  | `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
 |  |  `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  |   +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereYosemite Sam
 |  |   |`- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herealvey
 |  |   `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
 |  |    `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  |     +- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herealvey
 |  |     `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herekeithr0
 |  |      `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  |       `- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herealvey
 |  +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned herekeithr0
 |  |`- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |  `- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereAugustus Flavius Maximus
 +- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 +- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereClocky
 |`- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJONZ
 +* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJohn_H
 |+* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
 ||+- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereClocky
 ||`- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereNoddy
 |`- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereJONZ
 `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereFran
  `* Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereDaryl
   `- Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned hereRod Speed

Pages:12
Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9j9ef$1n2h7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16828&group=aus.cars#16828

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:39:41 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:39 UTC

On 30/06/2022 1:14 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 30/06/2022 11:01 am, Noddy wrote:

>> Be that as it may, the AR-15 is the weapon of choice for rampant
>> lunatics who think it's their constitutional right to blow school
>> children to Mars, and under US state laws an 18 year old fruitcake can
>> do so by walking into a corner hardware store and buying an AR-15 and
>> 500 rounds of ammunition easier than they can a packet of cigarettes
>> or a can of beer.
>
> An 18 year old cannot legally buy a can of beer anywhere in the US, that
> would be dangerous.

Yep.

You can walk into any store that sells weapons in many states in America
on the day you turn 18 and buy enough arms and ammo to start your own
revolution and not only are there no laws preventing you from doing so
but no red flags are tripped anywhere as to why any random 18 year old
might be doing that, but if you get caught sitting in a park on a nice
sunny afternoon minding your own business while you enjoy a quiet beer
and a smoke then you'll be arrested because you're breaking the law.

Well, you'll be arrested if you're white. If you're black they'll fire a
warning shot through your head and claim that you didn't comply.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<ji4qcjF9istU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16831&group=aus.cars#16831

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 15:24:33 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 05:24 UTC

On 30/6/2022 1:08 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 30/06/2022 12:08 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> Absolutely. It's bizarre in the extreme, and I cannot for the life of
>>> me understand how intelligent people could ever have allowed such a
>>> situation to exist.
>>>
>>> It's past the point of redemption now. Firearms are such an ingrained
>>> part of American life and there are *so* many guns in the community
>>> that there is no hope of ever doing anything about it without
>>> starting a revolution.
>>>

>> My US born mate recently said that he's happy that his kids and grand
>> kids grew up in Australia and not the US.
>
> Maybe it's time for the US to have another Civil War. I mean, they seem
> to be doing so now anyway, just in an unofficial capacity.

I wonder sometimes if we just get the bad news from the US which paints
a pretty bad picture, we don't hear about anything other than bad news
so our view of the place is tainted?
Mate is over there at the moment visiting family so it will be
interesting to hear what he has to say when he gets back.

--
Daryl

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9jdvu$1nckd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16834&group=aus.cars#16834

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:57:13 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 05:57 UTC

On 30/06/2022 12:39 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 30/06/2022 1:14 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 30/06/2022 11:01 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Be that as it may, the AR-15 is the weapon of choice for rampant
>>> lunatics who think it's their constitutional right to blow school
>>> children to Mars, and under US state laws an 18 year old fruitcake
>>> can do so by walking into a corner hardware store and buying an AR-15
>>> and 500 rounds of ammunition easier than they can a packet of
>>> cigarettes or a can of beer.
>>
>> An 18 year old cannot legally buy a can of beer anywhere in the US,
>> that would be dangerous.
>
> Yep.
>
> You can walk into any store that sells weapons in many states in America
> on the day you turn 18 and buy enough arms and ammo to start your own
> revolution and not only are there no laws preventing you from doing so
> but no red flags are tripped anywhere as to why any random 18 year old
> might be doing that, but if you get caught sitting in a park on a nice
> sunny afternoon minding your own business while you enjoy a quiet beer
> and a smoke then you'll be arrested because you're breaking the law.

The point keith is making is that the legal drinking age in the US is 21.

> Well, you'll be arrested if you're white. If you're black they'll fire a
> warning shot through your head and claim that you didn't comply.

They would have you believe that but that is not as black and white as
you might think, pardon the pun.

The BLM movement would do well to consider that the overwhelming number
of black deaths are at the hands of blacks.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<ji4shsF9rsiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16836&group=aus.cars#16836

From: fel...@goaway.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:01:57 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 06:01 UTC

On 30/06/2022 3:57 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 30/06/2022 12:39 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> An 18 year old cannot legally buy a can of beer anywhere in the US,
>>> that would be dangerous.
>>
>> Yep.
>>
>> You can walk into any store that sells weapons in many states in
>> America on the day you turn 18 and buy enough arms and ammo to start
>> your own revolution and not only are there no laws preventing you
>> from doing so but no red flags are tripped anywhere as to why any
>> random 18 year old might be doing that, but if you get caught sitting
>> in a park on a nice sunny afternoon minding your own business while
>> you enjoy a quiet beer and a smoke then you'll be arrested because
>> you're breaking the law.
>>

> The point keith is making is that the legal drinking age in the US is 21.
>
>> Well, you'll be arrested if you're white. If you're black they'll
>> fire a warning shot through your head and claim that you didn't comply.
>>

> They would have you believe that but that is not as black and white as
> you might think, pardon the pun.
>
> The BLM movement would do well to consider that the overwhelming
> number of black deaths are at the hands of blacks.

they're not interested in the truth, only pushing their own agenda

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

"once again the dickhead in Coward Castle snipes from behind his
killfile which is all he's capable of doing" -felix on noddy

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<ji4t5vF9veqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16837&group=aus.cars#16837

From: colles...@rome.italy (Augustus Flavius Maximus)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:12:38 +1000
 by: Augustus Flavius Max - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 06:12 UTC

On 30/06/2022 11:05 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 29/06/2022 7:44 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 27/06/2022 10:31 pm, JONZ wrote:
>
>> The US is an odd place, from conception to birth, your life is
>> sacrosanct after that you're just a target for a looney with an AR-15.
>
> Absolutely. It's bizarre in the extreme, and I cannot for the life of
> me understand how intelligent people could ever have allowed such a
> situation to exist.

it's their culture you moron. the US has always had a 'God and gun'
culture. as I heard Andrew Peacock once say when remarking on the
difference between the USA and Oz .. "The United States was settled by
men with a gun in one hand and a bible in the other. It's a culture we
don't have here"

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

"once again the dickhead in Coward Castle snipes from behind his
killfile which is all he's capable of doing" -felix on noddy

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9jh9a$1nl97$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16838&group=aus.cars#16838

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:53:28 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 06:53 UTC

On 30/06/2022 3:24 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 30/6/2022 1:08 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> My US born mate recently said that he's happy that his kids and grand
>>> kids grew up in Australia and not the US.
>>
>> Maybe it's time for the US to have another Civil War. I mean, they
>> seem to be doing so now anyway, just in an unofficial capacity.
>>

> I wonder sometimes if we just get the bad news from the US which paints
> a pretty bad picture, we don't hear about anything other than bad news
> so our view of the place is tainted?

Possibly, but then some of the news coming out of the place is so
astonishingly ridiculous you have to wonder how much good there can
actually be. I'm sure there are many great things about the US, but the
bad stuff just seems to be overpowering....

> Mate is over there at the moment visiting family so it will be
> interesting to hear what he has to say when he gets back.

I was thinking about going over next year to do a bit of a tiki tour of
some of the places I've always wanted to see as well as buy a couple of
classic cars but I don't think I'll bother now. The place is in such an
absolute mess that I don't know if I want to be anywhere near it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<ji500tFacn6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16839&group=aus.cars#16839

From: fel...@goaway.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:01:10 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 07:01 UTC

On 30/06/2022 4:53 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Maybe it's time for the US to have another Civil War. I mean, they
>>> seem to be doing so now anyway, just in an unofficial capacity.
>>>

>> I wonder sometimes if we just get the bad news from the US which
>> paints a pretty bad picture, we don't hear about anything other than
>> bad news so our view of the place is tainted?
>
> Possibly, but then some of the news coming out of the place is so
> astonishingly ridiculous you have to wonder how much good there can
> actually be. I'm sure there are many great things about the US, but
> the bad stuff just seems to be overpowering....
>
>> Mate is over there at the moment visiting family so it will be
>> interesting to hear what he has to say when he gets back.
>
> I was thinking about going over next year to do a bit of a tiki tour
> of some of the places I've always wanted to see as well as buy a
> couple of classic cars but I don't think I'll bother now. The place is
> in such an absolute mess that I don't know if I want to be anywhere
> near it.

you never intended to. just another lie.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

"once again the dickhead in Coward Castle snipes from behind his
killfile which is all he's capable of doing" -felix on noddy

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<ji52vrFasagU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16843&group=aus.cars#16843

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:51:21 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 07:51 UTC

On 30/6/2022 4:53 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Maybe it's time for the US to have another Civil War. I mean, they
>>> seem to be doing so now anyway, just in an unofficial capacity.
>>>

>> I wonder sometimes if we just get the bad news from the US which
>> paints a pretty bad picture, we don't hear about anything other than
>> bad news so our view of the place is tainted?
>
> Possibly, but then some of the news coming out of the place is so
> astonishingly ridiculous you have to wonder how much good there can
> actually be. I'm sure there are many great things about the US, but the
> bad stuff just seems to be overpowering....
>
>> Mate is over there at the moment visiting family so it will be
>> interesting to hear what he has to say when he gets back.
>
> I was thinking about going over next year to do a bit of a tiki tour of
> some of the places I've always wanted to see as well as buy a couple of
> classic cars but I don't think I'll bother now. The place is in such an
> absolute mess that I don't know if I want to be anywhere near it.

Know what you mean, I've never been there and there are some places in
the US that I'd like to visit but not any time soon.
We also want to go back to the UK and Europe but that won't be for a
while, hopefully someone will put a bullet in Putins head and things
might slowly get back to normal.

--
Daryl

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<1e38uyqre184m$.4qo7zbw036dz$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16844&group=aus.cars#16844

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:31:00 +1000
References: <2299238f3f1abef467de613c1260ef5e@dizum.com> <t98b25$1u66$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t99hib$3taoi$1@dont-email.me> <t9avra$35bo$2@dont-email.me> <t9bf97$9l60$1@dont-email.me> <jhtl9hF4pe3U1@mid.individual.net> <t9c7v4$g26e$1@dont-email.me> <ji2l8lFtctgU2@mid.individual.net> <t9issv$1j6bv$1@dont-email.me> <ji4etnF7r5oU1@mid.individual.net> <t9j433$1mjla$1@dont-email.me> <ji4qcjF9istU1@mid.individual.net> <t9jh9a$1nl97$1@dont-email.me> <ji500tFacn6U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: alvey - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:31 UTC

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:01:10 +1000, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> On 30/06/2022 4:53 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> I wonder sometimes if we just get the bad news from the US which
>>> paints a pretty bad picture, we don't hear about anything other than
>>> bad news so our view of the place is tainted?
>>
>> Possibly, but then some of the news coming out of the place is so
>> astonishingly ridiculous you have to wonder how much good there can
>> actually be. I'm sure there are many great things about the US, but
>> the bad stuff just seems to be overpowering....
>>
>>> Mate is over there at the moment visiting family so it will be
>>> interesting to hear what he has to say when he gets back.
>>
>> I was thinking about going over next year to do a bit of a tiki tour
>> of some of the places I've always wanted to see as well as buy a
>> couple of classic cars but I don't think I'll bother now. The place is
>> in such an absolute mess that I don't know if I want to be anywhere
>> near it.
>>

> you never intended to. just another lie.

And so obviously so that I didn't bother to mock him.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9li2q$22c5r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16855&group=aus.cars#16855

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 11:19:19 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 01:19 UTC

On 30/06/2022 5:51 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 30/6/2022 4:53 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> I was thinking about going over next year to do a bit of a tiki tour
>> of some of the places I've always wanted to see as well as buy a
>> couple of classic cars but I don't think I'll bother now. The place is
>> in such an absolute mess that I don't know if I want to be anywhere
>> near it.
>>

> Know what you mean, I've never been there and there are some places in
> the US that I'd like to visit but not any time soon.

I was there for a little while many years ago and generally enjoyed it,
but it was a different place then than it appears to be now. What I'd
like to do this time is see all the things that I didn't last time like
the Smithsonian, the Air Force Museum, the Henry Ford Museum, and other
things like that. However given the current fucked up mess the country,
and other parts of the world, are in at the moment I'm in no hurry.

> We also want to go back to the UK and Europe but that won't be for a
> while, hopefully someone will put a bullet in Putins head and things
> might slowly get back to normal.

We can only hope.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<1cny1o9bv5udu$.qvlbkbdfdxzv$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16862&group=aus.cars#16862

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 11:48:58 +1000
References: <2299238f3f1abef467de613c1260ef5e@dizum.com> <t98b25$1u66$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t99hib$3taoi$1@dont-email.me> <t9avra$35bo$2@dont-email.me> <t9bf97$9l60$1@dont-email.me> <jhtl9hF4pe3U1@mid.individual.net> <t9c7v4$g26e$1@dont-email.me> <ji2l8lFtctgU2@mid.individual.net> <t9issv$1j6bv$1@dont-email.me> <ji4etnF7r5oU1@mid.individual.net> <t9j433$1mjla$1@dont-email.me> <ji4qcjF9istU1@mid.individual.net> <t9jh9a$1nl97$1@dont-email.me> <ji52vrFasagU1@mid.individual.net> <t9li2q$22c5r$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 01:48 UTC

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 11:19:19 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> On 30/06/2022 5:51 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 30/6/2022 4:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> I was thinking about going over next year to do a bit of a tiki tour
>>> of some of the places I've always wanted to see as well as buy a
>>> couple of classic cars but I don't think I'll bother now. The place is
>>> in such an absolute mess that I don't know if I want to be anywhere
>>> near it.
>>>

>> Know what you mean, I've never been there and there are some places in
>> the US that I'd like to visit but not any time soon.
>
> I was there for a little while many years ago

Sure you were Fraudster. I believe you. Who could forget this classic that
your (snicker) 'visit' inspired?

"I enjoy *very* fine food and don't mind paying a pretty penny for it...".

I certainly can't forget it, or laughing like a crazed Kooka at it.

alvey

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<ji738aFkqi6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16866&group=aus.cars#16866

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 12:08:08 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 02:08 UTC

On 1/07/2022 11:19 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 30/06/2022 5:51 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 30/6/2022 4:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> I was thinking about going over next year to do a bit of a tiki tour
>>> of some of the places I've always wanted to see as well as buy a
>>> couple of classic cars but I don't think I'll bother now. The place
>>> is in such an absolute mess that I don't know if I want to be
>>> anywhere near it.
>>>

>> Know what you mean, I've never been there and there are some places in
>> the US that I'd like to visit but not any time soon.
>
> I was there for a little while many years ago and generally enjoyed it,
> but it was a different place then than it appears to be now. What I'd
> like to do this time is see all the things that I didn't last time like
> the Smithsonian, the Air Force Museum, the Henry Ford Museum, and other
> things like that. However given the current fucked up mess the country,
> and other parts of the world, are in at the moment I'm in no hurry.

I enjoyed the time that we lived there, but, obviously, we decided that
we'd rather live here. We could have stayed indefinitely as we had green
cards, we were going to stay until I retired, but an opportunity came up
that was too good to ignore. I've been back a number of times since both
for work and holiday, we have visited 16 of the states in all. In all of
that, I've never felt threatened at any time, despite dire warnings from
paranoid locals, and have found the cops universally friendly and
helpful (being a middle aged white guy probably helped with that.)

>> We also want to go back to the UK and Europe but that won't be for a
>> while, hopefully someone will put a bullet in Putins head and things
>> might slowly get back to normal.
>
> We can only hope.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<t9lmvl$25ma2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16868&group=aus.cars#16868

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 12:42:58 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 02:42 UTC

On 1/07/2022 12:08 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 1/07/2022 11:19 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Know what you mean, I've never been there and there are some places
>>> in the US that I'd like to visit but not any time soon.
>>
>> I was there for a little while many years ago and generally enjoyed
>> it, but it was a different place then than it appears to be now. What
>> I'd like to do this time is see all the things that I didn't last time
>> like the Smithsonian, the Air Force Museum, the Henry Ford Museum, and
>> other things like that. However given the current fucked up mess the
>> country, and other parts of the world, are in at the moment I'm in no
>> hurry.
>
> I enjoyed the time that we lived there, but, obviously, we decided that
> we'd rather live here. We could have stayed indefinitely as we had green
> cards, we were going to stay until I retired, but an opportunity came up
> that was too good to ignore.

I don't blame you. As much as I thought some parts of the US that I
visited were pretty cool (Southern California), I wouldn't want to live
there.

You're living in the best country in the world right here.

> I've been back a number of times since both
> for work and holiday, we have visited 16 of the states in all. In all of
> that, I've never felt threatened at any time, despite dire warnings from
> paranoid locals, and have found the cops universally friendly and
> helpful (being a middle aged white guy probably helped with that.)

No doubt.

It was well over 30 years ago since I was there, but the thing I found
most fascinating about the US was the level of segregation. It was
never official as far as I could tell but there were certain places that
blacks and whites just simply didn't mix. Buses you didn't ride on or
parts of the city you didn't visit if you were white and wanted to
survive, or areas where if you were black you simply didn't venture into
out of fear of being racially profiled and arrested as a matter of course.

I don't know what it's like now but at the time in Los Angeles it was
terrible, and being a white Aussie coming from a country that some seem
to think has a "racist" problem it was a culture shock in the extreme.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here

<19hi6a9k0xbq5.n13the5e5mc8.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=16894&group=aus.cars#16894

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 17:15:51 +1000
References: <2299238f3f1abef467de613c1260ef5e@dizum.com> <t98b25$1u66$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t99hib$3taoi$1@dont-email.me> <t9avra$35bo$2@dont-email.me> <t9bf97$9l60$1@dont-email.me> <jhtl9hF4pe3U1@mid.individual.net> <t9c7v4$g26e$1@dont-email.me> <ji2l8lFtctgU2@mid.individual.net> <t9issv$1j6bv$1@dont-email.me> <ji4etnF7r5oU1@mid.individual.net> <t9j433$1mjla$1@dont-email.me> <ji4qcjF9istU1@mid.individual.net> <t9jh9a$1nl97$1@dont-email.me> <ji52vrFasagU1@mid.individual.net> <t9li2q$22c5r$1@dont-email.me> <ji738aFkqi6U1@mid.individual.net> <t9lmvl$25ma2$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 07:15 UTC

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 12:42:58 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> On 1/07/2022 12:08 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> I was there for a little while many years ago and generally enjoyed
>>> it, but it was a different place then than it appears to be now. What
>>> I'd like to do this time is see all the things that I didn't last time
>>> like the Smithsonian, the Air Force Museum, the Henry Ford Museum, and
>>> other things like that. However given the current fucked up mess the
>>> country, and other parts of the world, are in at the moment I'm in no
>>> hurry.
>>
>> I enjoyed the time that we lived there, but, obviously, we decided that
>> we'd rather live here. We could have stayed indefinitely as we had green
>> cards, we were going to stay until I retired, but an opportunity came up
>> that was too good to ignore.
>
> I don't blame you. As much as I thought some parts of the US that I
> visited were pretty cool (Southern California), I wouldn't want to live
> there.
>
> You're living in the best country in the world right here.
>
>> I've been back a number of times since both
>> for work and holiday, we have visited 16 of the states in all. In all of
>> that, I've never felt threatened at any time, despite dire warnings from
>> paranoid locals, and have found the cops universally friendly and
>> helpful (being a middle aged white guy probably helped with that.)
>
> No doubt.
>
> It was well over 30 years ago since I was there,

I believe you Fraudster. Honest.

snip more tedious bullshit

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Australian Christian Lobby wants abortion banned here