From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Backfiring
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 09:58:53 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 23:58 UTC

On 17/9/2022 12:53 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Ah, no it isn't Darren. It's a finely tuned engine revving. If it
>>> were dumping a heap of unburnt fuel into the exhaust system it
>>> wouldn't be allowed on the road. As well, it would cook up the cat
>>> and then throw a shitload of DTCs. So, no, it isn'r what you
>>> *imagine* it to be.
>>>
>>> Nice try but you failed, again, loser!
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>     *Like a puppet on a string*.... :)))
>
> Yep, no fucking idea. According to him it backfires by magic, and no
> fuel was used in the making of the movie :)

Maybe he could tell us how an unmodified "Mercedes V8" could be made to
backfire regardless of how it was driven?
I know someone who owns a MB AMG GT R which is top of range for high
performance MB V8's and it doesn't backfire, similar car to the one they
use as a safety car in F1, never heard that backfire either and I rarely
miss an F1 race.
Quite clearly the car in question was modified and very likely unroadworthy.

--
Daryl

Re: Backfiring

<jokka8Fn1mfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18585&group=aus.cars#18585

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 10:56:38 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 00:56 UTC

On 17/9/2022 5:15 am, alvey wrote:
> Clocky <notgonna@happen.com> wrote in news:tg18qn$3knoe$2@dont-email.me:
>
>> Unfortunately they are all modified to be noisy.
>
> You sure about that?
>
> Bloke I used to work with, an ex-bike cop & Mad About Bikes type, told me
> that the H-Ds got away with being so noisy because that's how they came
> from the factory. Somehow this making them legal.

Correction, Harleys sold new in Australia are quiet. Greg, a former
colleague and owner of Central Motorcycles in Huntingdale, Vic. bought a
brand new Harley a long time ago and his first complaint was that it was
too quiet. Apparently new bikes sold here need to comply with the noise
laws. The muffler was the first thing he changed.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Backfiring

<tg39l0$2qeu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18587&group=aus.cars#18587

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 11:58:51 +1000
 by: Noddy - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 01:58 UTC

On 17/09/2022 9:58 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 17/9/2022 12:53 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 16/09/2022 9:54 pm, jonz wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>     *Like a puppet on a string*.... :)))
>>
>> Yep, no fucking idea. According to him it backfires by magic, and no
>> fuel was used in the making of the movie :)
>>

> Maybe he could tell us how an unmodified "Mercedes V8" could be made to
> backfire regardless of how it was driven?
> I know someone who owns a MB AMG GT R which is top of range for high
> performance MB V8's and it doesn't backfire, similar car to the one they
> use as a safety car in F1, never heard that backfire either and I rarely
> miss an F1 race.
> Quite clearly the car in question was modified and very likely
> unroadworthy.

I'm sure Clasener could give you a very long winded explanation about
anything in particular that you should happen to ask about, and I'm
*equally* sure that the veracity of whatever he spewed out would be an
utterly ridiculous concoction of irrelevant bullshit, inacurate "facts"
and whatever crap he felt like inventing because he thought it sounded
important :)

Just like he usually does :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Backfiring

<jokqlqFnu1sU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18591&group=aus.cars#18591

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 12:45:13 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 02:45 UTC

On 17/9/2022 11:58 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/09/2022 9:58 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> Yep, no fucking idea. According to him it backfires by magic, and no
>>> fuel was used in the making of the movie :)
>>>

>> Maybe he could tell us how an unmodified "Mercedes V8" could be made
>> to backfire regardless of how it was driven?
>> I know someone who owns a MB AMG GT R which is top of range for high
>> performance MB V8's and it doesn't backfire, similar car to the one
>> they use as a safety car in F1, never heard that backfire either and I
>> rarely miss an F1 race.
>> Quite clearly the car in question was modified and very likely
>> unroadworthy.
>
> I'm sure Clasener could give you a very long winded explanation about
> anything in particular that you should happen to ask about, and I'm
> *equally* sure that the veracity of whatever he spewed out would be an
> utterly ridiculous concoction of irrelevant bullshit, inacurate "facts"
> and whatever crap he felt like inventing because he thought it sounded
> important :)
>
> Just like he usually does :)

Darren Gibbens, you were looking in a *mirror* when you penned that
response. You are the *King* of irrelevant bullshit, self aggrandising
claims and outright *lies*.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Backfiring

<tg3g2t$3vlh9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18593&group=aus.cars#18593

From: jon...@overthere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 13:48:50 +1000
 by: jonz - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 03:48 UTC

On 9/17/2022 12:45 PM, Xeno wrote:
> On 17/9/2022 11:58 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Maybe he could tell us how an unmodified "Mercedes V8" could be made
>>> to backfire regardless of how it was driven?
>>> I know someone who owns a MB AMG GT R which is top of range for high
>>> performance MB V8's and it doesn't backfire, similar car to the one
>>> they use as a safety car in F1, never heard that backfire either and
>>> I rarely miss an F1 race.
>>> Quite clearly the car in question was modified and very likely
>>> unroadworthy.
>>
>> I'm sure Clasener could give you a very long winded explanation about
>> anything in particular that you should happen to ask about, and I'm
>> *equally* sure that the veracity of whatever he spewed out would be an
>> utterly ridiculous concoction of irrelevant bullshit, inacurate
>> "facts" and whatever crap he felt like inventing because he thought it
>> sounded important :)
>>
>> Just like he usually does :)
>
> Darren Gibbens, you were looking in a *mirror* when you penned that
> response. You are the *King* of irrelevant bullshit, self aggrandising
> claims and outright *lies*.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right on cue. (Whodathunkit?, well, everyone really. <SHRUG>)

Re: Backfiring

<tg4gbi$5qce$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18602&group=aus.cars#18602

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 20:59:16 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 12:59 UTC

On 17/09/2022 3:15 am, alvey wrote:
> Clocky <notgonna@happen.com> wrote in news:tg18qn$3knoe$2@dont-email.me:
>
>> Unfortunately they are all modified to be noisy.
>
> You sure about that?

Well no not literally all of them, but it would have to be one of the
most common modifications. A factory Harley emits about 80db, with
straight pipes that goes up to about 100db.

> Bloke I used to work with, an ex-bike cop & Mad About Bikes type, told me
> that the H-Ds got away with being so noisy because that's how they came
> from the factory. Somehow this making them legal.

Oh they are noisy from factory alright, but a lot are modified to be
noisier still! They have been put on notice though.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/derestricted-harley-davidson-bikes-are-too-loud-for-australia-113855.html

> alvey
> So keen on bikes was the 60yo Dave that not only did he still ride to work,
> but he'd usually have his lunch next to a busy CBD street so that he could
> watch and listen to the bloody things.

They're out there.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Backfiring

<tYqVK.176820$9Yp5.16869@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18607&group=aus.cars#18607

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Patty.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 21:26:49 GMT
 by: alvey - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 21:26 UTC

Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote in

> On 17/9/2022 12:53 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>     *Like a puppet on a string*.... :)))
>>
>> Yep, no fucking idea. According to him it backfires by magic, and no
>> fuel was used in the making of the movie :)
>>

> Maybe he could tell us how an unmodified "Mercedes V8" could be made
> to backfire regardless of how it was driven?
> I know someone who owns a MB AMG GT R which is top of range for high
> performance MB V8's and it doesn't backfire, similar car to the one
> they use as a safety car in F1, never heard that backfire either and I
> rarely miss an F1 race.
> Quite clearly the car in question was modified and very likely
> unroadworthy.

Maybe you've never heard the MB Safety Car burble because there's a mass
of high-revving F1 cars immediately behind it? Maybe your associates MB
GTR doesn't backfire because he pootles around in Comfort Mode all the
time? Not that you'd know what he gets up to 24/7.

They backfire as stock Deryl. Go find any video of one being punted.

alvey

Re: Backfiring

<Q_qVK.176821$9Yp5.154727@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18608&group=aus.cars#18608

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Patty.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 21:29:20 GMT
 by: alvey - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 21:29 UTC

Clocky <notgonna@happen.com> wrote in news:tg4gbi$5qce$1@dont-email.me:

> On 17/09/2022 3:15 am, alvey wrote:
>> Clocky <notgonna@happen.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Unfortunately they are all modified to be noisy.
>>
>> You sure about that?
>>

> Well no not literally all of them, but it would have to be one of the
> most common modifications. A factory Harley emits about 80db, with
> straight pipes that goes up to about 100db.
>
>> Bloke I used to work with, an ex-bike cop & Mad About Bikes type,
>> told me that the H-Ds got away with being so noisy because that's how
>> they came from the factory. Somehow this making them legal.
>>

> Oh they are noisy from factory alright, but a lot are modified to be
> noisier still! They have been put on notice though.

I tracked it down. You're right, most of 'em are modded by their
desperately insecure owners.

alvey

Re: Backfiring

<jonp5cF7a28U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18615&group=aus.cars#18615

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 15:37:48 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 18 Sep 2022 05:37 UTC

On 17/9/2022 11:58 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/09/2022 9:58 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> Yep, no fucking idea. According to him it backfires by magic, and no
>>> fuel was used in the making of the movie :)
>>>

>> Maybe he could tell us how an unmodified "Mercedes V8" could be made
>> to backfire regardless of how it was driven?
>> I know someone who owns a MB AMG GT R which is top of range for high
>> performance MB V8's and it doesn't backfire, similar car to the one
>> they use as a safety car in F1, never heard that backfire either and I
>> rarely miss an F1 race.
>> Quite clearly the car in question was modified and very likely
>> unroadworthy.
>
> I'm sure Clasener could give you a very long winded explanation about
> anything in particular that you should happen to ask about, and I'm
> *equally* sure that the veracity of whatever he spewed out would be an
> utterly ridiculous concoction of irrelevant bullshit, inacurate "facts"
> and whatever crap he felt like inventing because he thought it sounded
> important :)
>
> Just like he usually does :)

Your envy is showing its hostility Darren.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Backfiring

<tg6e5j$dqjq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18616&group=aus.cars#18616

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 14:34:28 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 18 Sep 2022 06:34 UTC

On 16/09/2022 10:03 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 16/09/2022 10:14 pm, jonz wrote:
>> On 9/16/2022 5:32 PM, Clocky wrote:
>
>>   Unfortunately they are all modified to be noisy. The Noddy types
>>> want to get noticed.
>>   You don`t have clue dribble dick.......
>
> He never has. Doesn't stop him from mouthing off though :)

Speaking of noise pollution...