This fortune would be seven words long if it were six words shorter.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: So now we only have Stills and Nash

SubjectAuthor
* So now we only have Stills and NashBrian Gaff
+* So now we only have Stills and NashKerr-Mudd, John
|`* So now we only have Stills and NashTim+
| +* So now we only have Stills and NashPeter
| |`- So now we only have Stills and NashBrian Gaff
| +- So now we only have Stills and NashBrian Gaff
| `* So now we only have Stills and NashNicholas D. Richards
|  `* So now we only have Stills and NashTease'n'Seize
|   `* So now we only have Stills and NashTim+
|    +* So now we only have Stills and NashAhem A Rivet's Shot
|    |`- So now we only have Stills and Nashgreymaus
|    +* So now we only have Stills and NashNicholas D. Richards
|    |`- So now we only have Stills and NashRustyHinge
|    +* So now we only have Stills and NashTease'n'Seize
|    |`- So now we only have Stills and NashSam Plusnet
|    `- So now we only have Stills and NashRustyHinge
+- So now we only have Stills and Nashgreymaus
+* So now we only have Stills and Nashhubops
|`* So now we only have Stills and NashNicholas D. Richards
| `* So now we only have Stills and Nashhubops
|  `* So now we only have Stills and NashNicholas D. Richards
|   `* So now we only have Stills and NashTone
|    `* So now we only have Stills and NashAhem A Rivet's Shot
|     `* So now we only have Stills and NashTone
|      +* So now we only have Stills and NashTim+
|      |`- So now we only have Stills and NashAhem A Rivet's Shot
|      +- So now we only have Stills and NashNicholas D. Richards
|      `* So now we only have Stills and NashSam Plusnet
|       `- So now we only have Stills and NashRustyHinge
`* So now we only have Stills and NashMike Fleming
 `- So now we only have Stills and Nashnev young

Pages:12
Re: So now we only have Stills and Nash

<tqh456$2lrof$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18859&group=uk.rec.sheds#18859

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: So now we only have Stills and Nash
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 16:33:41 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 16:33 UTC

On 21/01/2023 09:46, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:

> ** Does a tipple of a Single Islay still taste just as good?

Laphroaig does, but just after covid, it tasted more like Caol Ila.
Ardbeg tastes as good TAAAW

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: So now we only have Stills and Nash

<0YXyL.70247$0dpc.30262@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18864&group=uk.rec.sheds#18864

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 20:30:52 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 20:30 UTC

On 21-Jan-23 10:44, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> Tim+ wrote:
>
>> Sometimes I wish that checkout operators would at least pretend to check
>> that I’m over 18 when buying alcohol.
>
> I find they generally do, and it offers a good opportunity to laugh it
> off with a shrug saying "yes, unfortuntely"

If the person asking is a 'lady of a certain age' (it usually is), then
I respond by asking if they are old enough to sell it to me.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: So now we only have Stills and Nash

<i2YyL.70248$0dpc.33319@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18865&group=uk.rec.sheds#18865

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 20:37:33 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 20:37 UTC

On 21-Jan-23 3:19, Tone wrote:
> On 21/01/2023 01:22, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 23:14:34 +0000
>> Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Watching drama on't 'elly, I occasionally catch myself viewing
>>> authoritarian figures, such as the ecilop and teachers, as being much
>>> older than me, even though the actors are about 40 years younger!
>>
>>     The first sign of advancing age is when you start seeing the ecilop
>> as youngsters.
>>
>>     The first time I was made to feel old (I wasn't even close but ...)
>> was in 1987 when some bright spark thought it was a good idea to put up a
>> dirty great billboard with the Beatles in their full Sgt Pepper regalia
>> topped by the slogan "It was twenty years ago today" ... abstrads! I
>> wasnae
>> even thirty and not ready to contemplate remembering things that were
>> twenty
>> years old!
>>
>>     Still I have a punning clan for a few munfs from now, my next
>> burpday falls on a Thursday when I do open mic thinging so I gooved I
>> might
>> see if I can get a few people to help me do "When I'm 64" seeing as how I
>> will be and it's a lousy solo song.
>>
>>     I am constantly amazed at how far from old I feel and act (I
>> can still touch my toes to my nose, run up stairs two at a time
>> effortlessly, skip a night's sleep etc.) and I'm regularly surprised when
>> someone I meet who seems to me to be old turns out to be anything up
>> to ten
>> years younger than I am - usually I find out when sympathising about the
>> pains of ageing and being quietly glad that I'm not feeling them yet.
>>
>>     When I were a lad people my age were coffin dodgers working out
>> their retirement doing something harmless - my contract (less than two
>> years old) has "key worker" clauses and a retirement extension to 70 - my
>> manager is lining me up for promotion and I'm fending off approaches from
>> "senior talent acquisition managers" to consider some interesting role
>> pretty much every week. Age isn't what it used to be.
>>

> You are very very lucky to be in good health, Steve.
>
> Health counts for everything as we age. In Yorkshire we have a 90 year
> old HGV driver still at it. He passes the medical each time.
>
> OTOH I would have failed my medical 23 years ago, had I not given up my
> HGV licence voluntarily.
>
> I have just proved that I can drive cars safely at age almost 81,
> through a DVLA test drive, after a vindictive malicious report. But I
> would not pass an HGV medical. I can barely walk now due to DVT damage
> to the blood circulation in my legs 24 years ago. That was probably
> hereditary. But I can jbex pedals sitting down.
>
> Good health as we age is a lottery. Celebrate yours, Steve, but don't
> ever take it for granted.

I see Buzz Aldrin has just married for the forth time, on his 93rd
birthday.
The photo showed him with a young blonde totty - who turned out to be 63.

Truly, age is just a number.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: So now we only have Stills and Nash

<tqj332$32meo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18866&group=uk.rec.sheds#18866

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 10:27:45 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 10:27 UTC

I wish...

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: So now we only have Stills and Nash

<20230122114053.8580d90954ac4df87e2b4a16@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18867&group=uk.rec.sheds#18867

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 11:40:53 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 11:40 UTC

On 21 Jan 2023 09:32:32 GMT
Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nah, he just chose his parents well.

Lucky roll of the genetic dice I goove - brother and sister perhaps
not quite so lucky, three years to go before I find out if I have more
staying power than my (unlamented) brother, sister still going but creaking
eight years ahead of me.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: So now we only have Stills and Nash

<tqlojv$3ip0g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18879&group=uk.rec.sheds#18879

From: newsforp...@yahoo.co.uk (nev young)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:47:27 +0000
 by: nev young - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:47 UTC

On 21/01/2023 02:32, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 20/01/2023 09:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> Mind you Dave  Crosby was 80. I can never quite understand these days how
>> these people became so old, then one looks at ones own age and wonders
>> where
>> the years went.
>
> We've still got Neil Young too.

eh wot?!
Oh Neil.
Never mind
--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse