aus+uk / aus.cars / Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

SubjectAuthor
* Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Grumpy Tech
+* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Daryl
|+* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Noddy
||`* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Daryl
|| `* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Noddy
||  `- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
|+- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
|`* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.keithr0
| +- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Grumpy Tech
| `* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Daryl
|  `* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.keithr0
|   `- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Daryl
+* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.alvey
|`* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
| `* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.yosemite sam
|  `- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
+* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Noddy
|+- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.alvey
|`- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
+* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
|+* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.yosemite sam
||`- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
|+- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
|+* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Grumpy Tech
||+* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Noddy
|||+* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.alvey
|||`- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
||+- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.jonz
||`- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
|`* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.keithr0
| `* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Noddy
|  `- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
`* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Clocky
 +- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
 +- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.alvey
 `* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Grumpy Tech
  +* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Clocky
  |`- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
  `* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.alvey
   +- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno
   `* Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.yosemite sam
    `- Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.Xeno

Pages:12
Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<thjhh0$1l80$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19050&group=aus.cars#19050

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 19:07:44 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 09:07 UTC

A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for high
heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.

Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a new
rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds of
concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel guru of
everything has egg on his face again.

Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed up
again.

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq595oFb9prU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19051&group=aus.cars#19051

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 22:47:04 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 11:47 UTC

On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for high
> heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>
> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a new
> rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds of
> concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel guru of
> everything has egg on his face again.
>

> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed up
> again.

LOL
BTW where were you headed that you decided to use the Newell?
Recently wife's brother and his wife drove Bris to Melb and they went
via the Pacific Hwy towards Syd etc, apparently its slightly longer but
a far better road with higher average speeds.
Only reason I'm interested is I'm thinking of driving to Qld instead of
flying just for something different.

--
Daryl

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<AQl%K.30613$I0A5.19738@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19052&group=aus.cars#19052

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Patty.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 20:31:28 GMT
 by: alvey - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 20:31 UTC

Grumpy Tech <grumpytech07@gmail.com> wrote in news:thjhh0$1l80$1
@gioia.aioe.org:

> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for high
> heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>
> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a new
> rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds of
> concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel guru of
> everything has egg on his face again.
>

> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed up
> again.

Really Gumps?

Your little mate gets busted for telling whopping great "trade relevant"
lies and you fire back with.... a difference of opinion on railway
sleepers! Jaysus.

alvey

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<thl4a6$33enb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19053&group=aus.cars#19053

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:34:28 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 23:34 UTC

On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for high
> heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>
> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a new
> rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds of
> concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel guru of
> everything has egg on his face again.
>

> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed up
> again.

This can hardly come as a surprise to anyone, as the bloke knows
absolutely *nothing* about any topic he sticks his attention seeking
beak into. Brakes, carburettors, railway sleepers, Usenet server
procedure, Melbourne trains, etc, ad infinitum.

Just look at Lindsay's *very* long list of Clasener's "foot in mouth"
efforts. It's incredibly impressive, and it shows conclusively that
about the *only* thing he knows anything about is how to make a complete
fucking *idiot* out of himself. In fact, if "Being a clueless attention
whore" was a competitive sport his statistics would rival those of Sir
Donald Bradman :)

Oh, and a note for his arse-kissing emotional support puppets. If you
can kindly keep your inane and irrelevant responses to this are here
please as it makes them much easier to ignore ↓↓↓↓↓

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<thl4gv$33f6g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19054&group=aus.cars#19054

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:38:05 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 23:38 UTC

On 5/10/2022 10:47 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:

>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed
>> up again.
>

> LOL

Almost worth taking the mental midget out of the killfile *just* to see
the utterly ridiculous bullshit he'll no doubt offer up in response :)

> BTW where were you headed that you decided to use the Newell?
> Recently wife's brother and his wife drove Bris to Melb and they went
> via the Pacific Hwy towards Syd etc, apparently its slightly longer but
> a far better road with higher average speeds.
> Only reason I'm interested is I'm thinking of driving to Qld instead of
> flying just for something different.

Probably cheaper than flying at the moment, and less hassle. The air
travel industry is in a mess at the moment.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<wjp%K.217086$IRd5.166548@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19055&group=aus.cars#19055

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Patty.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 00:29:16 GMT
 by: alvey - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 00:29 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote in news:thl4a6$33enb$1@dont-email.me:

> If you can kindly keep your inane and irrelevant responses to this are
> here please as it makes them much easier to ignore ↓↓↓↓↓

"My command of the language is quite good even if I do say so myself."
Fraudster, 06Aug20

Once again Buffo, you are a lone voice...

alvey

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq6ntfFi9cbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19056&group=aus.cars#19056

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 12:04:44 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 01:04 UTC

On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for high
> heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>
> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a new
> rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds of
> concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel guru of
> everything has egg on his face again.

The reality here is that *you* have the egg on your face. The Moree to
Narrabri line is part of the new *Inland Rail* project.

http://www.artc.com.au/library/IRAS_Appendix_C.pdf

You will note that the Inland Rail project is being built to Class 1
standard with Class 1C as the lowest level. As such, steel sleepers are
not ideal. I stated in the past, with evidence, that steel sleepers are
to be used in this country on class 2 to class 5 lines inclusive. It
stands to reason then that the Inland Rail project will *not* be using
steel sleepers.

> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and

Nobody. least of all me, ever said they were "the be all and end all of
rail". What I did say is that they were being used in Australia on
*class 2 to class 5 lines*. That's why they are not being used on the
Inland Rail project as that is *Class 1x*.

The other point here is where the steel sleepers come from. The *rails*
are manufactured in Whyalla but steel sleepers are sourced, for the most
part, from the UK. One supplier;

https://www.coldforge.com.au/products/steel-sleepers

Note the *limits* of use of *steel sleepers* in the chart.

In case you hadn't noticed, there have been a few issues with *global*
shipping since 2019. Supplies of any OS products have been fraught since
then so it would come as no surprise to me if higher cost concrete
sleepers are taking precedence over steel right now since supply can be
guaranteed. FYI, concrete sleepers can be - and are - made locally. In
these fraught global shipping times, local supply makes a hell of a lot
of sense;

https://www.holcim.com.au/humes/precast-concrete-solutions/rail

> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed up
> again.

You just proved, once again, that *you* do not know what you are talking
about. Maybe, just maybe, in your time as a *fat controller*, you should
have got off your fat arse and had a look round! You might just have
found *enlightenment* as well as still being able to *fit in the chair*.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq6p4hFifk0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19057&group=aus.cars#19057

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 12:25:35 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 01:25 UTC

On 6/10/2022 10:34 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for
>> high heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>
>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a
>> new rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds
>> of concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel
>> guru of everything has egg on his face again.
>>

>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed
>> up again.
>
> This can hardly come as a surprise to anyone, as the bloke knows
> absolutely *nothing* about any topic he sticks his attention seeking
> beak into. Brakes, carburettors, railway sleepers, Usenet server
> procedure, Melbourne trains, etc, ad infinitum.

Ah Darren, coming from an educational loser like you, that little
diatribe is sooo funny. Failed to complete high school, much less *pass*
high school. Failed to qualify for any apprenticeship ever! *Invent* a
whole swag of *qualifications and business ownership* just so you can
feel relevant in *car related social media*! You're just projecting
Darren, the attention seeker here is *you*.

> Just look at Lindsay's *very* long list of Clasener's "foot in mouth"
> efforts. It's incredibly impressive, and it shows conclusively that
> about the *only* thing he knows anything about is how to make a complete
> fucking *idiot* out of himself. In fact, if "Being a clueless attention
> whore" was a competitive sport his statistics would rival those of Sir
> Donald Bradman :)
>
> Oh, and a note for his arse-kissing emotional support puppets. If you
> can kindly keep your inane and irrelevant responses to this are here
> please as it makes them much easier to ignore  ↓↓↓↓↓

Darren, your *narcissistic sociopathy* makes it *impossible* for you to
ignore *anything and everything I write*. Totally beyond your control!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<thlb4t$36pct$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19058&group=aus.cars#19058

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 09:31:02 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 01:31 UTC

On 5/10/2022 5:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for high
> heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>
> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a new
> rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds of
> concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel guru of
> everything has egg on his face again.
>

> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed up
> again.

People might care if you weren't the morally vacuous bloke who posts
information about others in a public group, throws libel and unprovoked
abuse around like confetti all the while enabling a habitually lying
narcissistic arsehole.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq6qfeFil5lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19059&group=aus.cars#19059

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 12:48:27 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 01:48 UTC

On 5/10/2022 10:47 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for
>> high heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>
>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a
>> new rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds
>> of concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel
>> guru of everything has egg on his face again.
>>

>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed
>> up again.
>

> LOL
> BTW where were you headed that you decided to use the Newell?

Because he hasn't a clue!

> Recently wife's brother and his wife drove Bris to Melb and they went
> via the Pacific Hwy towards Syd etc, apparently its slightly longer but
> a far better road with higher average speeds.

Everyone uses the A1 these days. Only two areas where it's not divided
dual lane highway - here and at Raymond Terrace. Even those two aren't a
real issue. The North Connex tunnel, in conjunction with the M2 and M7,
has simplified getting past Sydney. That section along West Pennant
Hills Road used to be a real bitch, now no more, the tunnel bypasses it
all.

> Only reason I'm interested is I'm thinking of driving to Qld instead of
> flying just for something different.

With two drivers alternating, you can do it in a day. With one, best to
have a break somewhere between Sydney and Newcastle. I used to be able
to drive from here to Melbourne in one go, 1400km/15 hours. Haven't done
that since 2019, been a lot of water under the bridge since then so
might need my better half to provide relief driver duties now.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq6r03Fin9kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19060&group=aus.cars#19060

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 12:57:21 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 01:57 UTC

On 6/10/2022 12:31 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 5/10/2022 5:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for
>> high heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>
>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a
>> new rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds
>> of concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel
>> guru of everything has egg on his face again.
>>

>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed
>> up again.
>

> People might care if you weren't the morally vacuous bloke who posts
> information about others in a public group, throws libel and unprovoked
> abuse around like confetti all the while enabling a habitually lying
> narcissistic arsehole.

The puir wee laddie has been promoting himself as an expert on railways.
Such a pity he stuffed up yet again on his latest sledging attempt above.

I seriously doubt he ever got off his fat arse and out of the office
when he was doing that *clerical job* with Queensland Railways

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq6saoFiriqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19061&group=aus.cars#19061

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 13:20:08 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 02:20 UTC

On 6/10/2022 10:38 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 5/10/2022 10:47 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>
>>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about
>>> and it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you
>>> stuffed up again.
>>

>> LOL
>
> Almost worth taking the mental midget out of the killfile *just* to see
> the utterly ridiculous bullshit he'll no doubt offer up in response :)
>
>> BTW where were you headed that you decided to use the Newell?
>> Recently wife's brother and his wife drove Bris to Melb and they went
>> via the Pacific Hwy towards Syd etc, apparently its slightly longer
>> but a far better road with higher average speeds.
>> Only reason I'm interested is I'm thinking of driving to Qld instead
>> of flying just for something different.
>
> Probably cheaper than flying at the moment, and less hassle. The air
> travel industry is in a mess at the moment.

That's part of the reason we are thinking of driving.
When we flew to Qld last March the total cost was $400 for 2 people
return, last time I checked it was closer to $1200.
Cheaper if you book and pay well in advance but still not cheap anymore.
If we drive up we will take 3-4 days taking it easy and stopping at some
of the spots we haven't visited for a very long time, probably won't be
any cheaper but we would make a holiday out of the drive instead of rushing.
--
Daryl

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<u4r%K.81916$0qy7.59402@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19062&group=aus.cars#19062

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Patty.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 02:29:46 GMT
 by: alvey - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 02:29 UTC

Clocky <notgonna@happen.com> wrote in news:thlb4t$36pct$1@dont-email.me:

> People might care if you weren't the morally vacuous bloke who posts
> information about others in a public group, throws libel and
> unprovoked abuse around like confetti all the while enabling a
> habitually lying narcissistic arsehole.

Nice. Accurate and concise. Give yourself a payrise.

alvey

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<thlgp5$377gg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19063&group=aus.cars#19063

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 14:07:16 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 03:07 UTC

On 6/10/2022 1:20 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 6/10/2022 10:38 am, Noddy wrote:

>> Probably cheaper than flying at the moment, and less hassle. The air
>> travel industry is in a mess at the moment.
>>

> That's part of the reason we are thinking of driving.
> When we flew to Qld last March the total cost was $400 for 2 people
> return, last time I checked it was closer to $1200.
> Cheaper if you book and pay well in advance but still not cheap anymore.
> If we drive up we will take 3-4 days taking it easy and stopping at some
> of the spots we haven't visited for a very long time, probably won't be
> any cheaper but we would make a holiday out of the drive instead of
> rushing.

Good idea I reckon. Have a nice sight-seeing trip, with the added bonus
of using your own car when you get there.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq75fiFk6qnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19064&group=aus.cars#19064

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 15:56:16 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 04:56 UTC

On 6/10/2022 2:07 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 6/10/2022 1:20 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 6/10/2022 10:38 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Probably cheaper than flying at the moment, and less hassle. The air
>>> travel industry is in a mess at the moment.
>>>

>> That's part of the reason we are thinking of driving.
>> When we flew to Qld last March the total cost was $400 for 2 people
>> return, last time I checked it was closer to $1200.
>> Cheaper if you book and pay well in advance but still not cheap anymore.
>> If we drive up we will take 3-4 days taking it easy and stopping at
>> some of the spots we haven't visited for a very long time, probably
>> won't be any cheaper but we would make a holiday out of the drive
>> instead of rushing.
>
> Good idea I reckon. Have a nice sight-seeing trip, with the added bonus
> of using your own car when you get there.

It will be a nice sightseeing trip without a desert mesa in sight. He
will also be doing something *you* have never done. That much is obvious
since you think the sub-tropics (here in the Mid North Coast of NSW, for
instance) are colder than Melbourne. You haven't a clue what it's like
here or further north. Have you ever been in the tropics in your entire
life Darren?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq7c52Fl515U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19065&group=aus.cars#19065

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:50:10 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:50 UTC

On 6/10/2022 7:31 am, alvey wrote:
> Grumpy Tech <grumpytech07@gmail.com> wrote in news:thjhh0$1l80$1
> @gioia.aioe.org:
>
>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for high
>> heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>
>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a new
>> rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds of
>> concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel guru of
>> everything has egg on his face again.
>>

>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed up
>> again.
>
> Really Gumps?
>
> Your little mate gets busted for telling whopping great "trade relevant"
> lies and you fire back with.... a difference of opinion on railway
> sleepers! Jaysus.

And, to top it all off, Grumpy gets that utterly wrong! So sad!

Maybe he should hide under a rock?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq7hqnFm1lfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19066&group=aus.cars#19066

From: fel...@goaway.com (yosemite sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 19:27:27 +1100
 by: yosemite sam - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 08:27 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for
>> high heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>
>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a
>> new rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds
>> of concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel
>> guru of everything has egg on his face again.
>>
> The reality here is that *you* have the egg on your face. The Moree to
> Narrabri line is part of the new *Inland Rail* project.
>
> http://www.artc.com.au/library/IRAS_Appendix_C.pdf
>
> You will note that the Inland Rail project is being built to Class 1
> standard with Class 1C as the lowest level. As such, steel sleepers
> are not ideal. I stated in the past, with evidence, that steel
> sleepers are to be used in this country on class 2 to class 5 lines
> inclusive. It stands to reason then that the Inland Rail project will
> *not* be using steel sleepers.
>>
>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>
> Nobody. least of all me, ever said they were "the be all and end all
> of rail". What I did say is that they were being used in Australia on
> *class 2 to class 5 lines*. That's why they are not being used on the
> Inland Rail project as that is *Class 1x*.
>
> The other point here is where the steel sleepers come from. The
> *rails* are manufactured in Whyalla but steel sleepers are sourced,
> for the most part, from the UK. One supplier;
>
> https://www.coldforge.com.au/products/steel-sleepers
>
> Note the *limits* of use of *steel sleepers* in the chart.
>
> In case you hadn't noticed, there have been a few issues with *global*
> shipping since 2019. Supplies of any OS products have been fraught
> since then so it would come as no surprise to me if higher cost
> concrete sleepers are taking precedence over steel right now since
> supply can be guaranteed. FYI, concrete sleepers can be - and are -
> made locally. In these fraught global shipping times, local supply
> makes a hell of a lot of sense;
>
> https://www.holcim.com.au/humes/precast-concrete-solutions/rail
>

>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed
>> up again.
>
> You just proved, once again, that *you* do not know what you are
> talking about. Maybe, just maybe, in your time as a *fat controller*,
> you should have got off your fat arse and had a look round! You might
> just have found *enlightenment* as well as still being able to *fit in
> the chair*.

LOL! poor ol'gwumpy. every time he posts he either puts his foot in it,
or gets shot down in flames, or both!

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq7i5sFm1lfU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19067&group=aus.cars#19067

From: fel...@goaway.com (yosemite sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 19:33:25 +1100
 by: yosemite sam - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 08:33 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 6/10/2022 7:31 am, alvey wrote:
>> Grumpy Tech <grumpytech07@gmail.com> wrote in news:thjhh0$1l80$1
>> @gioia.aioe.org:
>>
>>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for high
>>> heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>>
>>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a
>>> new
>>> rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds of
>>> concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel guru of
>>> everything has egg on his face again.
>>>

>>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed up
>>> again.
>>
>> Really Gumps?
>>
>> Your little mate gets busted for telling whopping great "trade relevant"
>> lies and you fire back with.... a difference of opinion on railway
>> sleepers! Jaysus.
>>
> And, to top it all off, Grumpy gets that utterly wrong! So sad!
>
> Maybe he should hide under a rock?

I think you mean.. should stay under his rock!

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq7iqrFm66mU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19068&group=aus.cars#19068

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 19:44:08 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 08:44 UTC

On 6/10/2022 12:04 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for
>> high heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>
>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a
>> new rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds
>> of concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel
>> guru of everything has egg on his face again.
>>
> The reality here is that *you* have the egg on your face. The Moree to
> Narrabri line is part of the new *Inland Rail* project.
>
> http://www.artc.com.au/library/IRAS_Appendix_C.pdf
>
> You will note that the Inland Rail project is being built to Class 1
> standard with Class 1C as the lowest level. As such, steel sleepers are
> not ideal. I stated in the past, with evidence, that steel sleepers are
> to be used in this country on class 2 to class 5 lines inclusive. It
> stands to reason then that the Inland Rail project will *not* be using
> steel sleepers.
>>
>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>
> Nobody. least of all me, ever said they were "the be all and end all of
> rail". What I did say is that they were being used in Australia on
> *class 2 to class 5 lines*. That's why they are not being used on the
> Inland Rail project as that is *Class 1x*.
>
> The other point here is where the steel sleepers come from. The *rails*
> are manufactured in Whyalla but steel sleepers are sourced, for the most
> part, from the UK. One supplier;
>
> https://www.coldforge.com.au/products/steel-sleepers
>
> Note the *limits* of use of *steel sleepers* in the chart.
>
> In case you hadn't noticed, there have been a few issues with *global*
> shipping since 2019. Supplies of any OS products have been fraught since
> then so it would come as no surprise to me if higher cost concrete
> sleepers are taking precedence over steel right now since supply can be
> guaranteed. FYI, concrete sleepers can be - and are - made locally. In
> these fraught global shipping times, local supply makes a hell of a lot
> of sense;
>
> https://www.holcim.com.au/humes/precast-concrete-solutions/rail
>

>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed
>> up again.
>
> You just proved, once again, that *you* do not know what you are talking
> about. Maybe, just maybe, in your time as a *fat controller*, you should
> have got off your fat arse and had a look round! You might just have
> found *enlightenment* as well as still being able to *fit in the chair*.

A bit of a followup to the above post.

https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/879601/Steel-sleeper-development.pdf

The *relevant bits*

OVERVIEW
Although steel sleepers have been used for over
100 years, IRT initiated a research program in
1978 to assess the applicability of steel
sleepers to the Australian market.
Combining this effort with market developments
carried out by railway companies, up to 500,000
steel sleepers per annum have been installed into
Australian railroad tracks.
Present domestic usage is about 13% of track,
predicted to grow to 25% by 2020.

Half a million steel sleepers *per annum* Grumpy! That's a shitload in
anyone's book. What's more, their usage has been predicted to grow from
the current 13% of total to 25% of total by 2020. The document is dated
2015 so that predicted increase was to take place over a mere 5 years!

CUSTOMER BASE
Steel sleepers are currently in use across the
Australian railway industry including:
• Insulated sleepers for the Brisbane Suburban
and North CoMain Lines
• Non-insulated systems for QR’s Mount Isa line
• Insulated and non-insulated sleepers on NSW
Class 1 and tracks (up to 25 tal)
• Non-insulated systems for Emu Bay (80% coverage)
and Tasrail (65% coverage)
• General usage in Western Australia since 1979
(primarily interspersed)

Note - including but not limited to the above locations.

But there's more;

https://www.insideconstruction.com.au/section/projects/australian-first-steel-sleeper-trial-begins/

A new steel rail sleeper system has been installed on the
Leonara to Kalgoorlie line in Western Australia to deliver
cost benefits over the lifespan of the infrastructure.
The line is undergoing $2.3 million of improvements,
including the replacement of more than 6,000 sleepers and
upgrade of 2,400 sleeper plates.
Arc Infrastructure is delivering the upgrade and said the
sleepers are delivered with all fastenings attached as one
unit to reduce the number of steps required to install them.
It expects the new style of sleeper would outperform
traditional steel sleepers, as well as timber sleepers, due
to reliability improvements and a longer life cycle.
Arc Infrastructure Head of Network Strategy and Long Term
Planning, Michal Golinski, said the company was the first
in Australia to use this type of steel sleeper.
“This particular sleeper system is expected to out-perform
traditional steel and timber sleepers due to a longer design
life and improved reliability,” he said.
“Arc Infrastructure will assess the performance of the steel
sleeper over future years, and will continue to fine tune
processes to better optimise the performance of the sleeper
and track.
“These works are part of Arc Infrastructure’s ongoing major
maintenance program and are critical to providing a safe,
efficient and reliable freight network.”
The sleepers are also recyclable once they reach the end of
their usable life, able to be turned into new steel products.

Let me see, the Kalgoorlie area gets pretty hot. Must be a *high heat*
outback area then. Hmmm, steel sleepers in a high heat outback area!

From; Conference on Railway Engineering,
Wollongong, 10-13 November 2002.
"CORE 2002_Townsend-6.pdf"

Over the past 20 years Australian railways have installed over
6 million steel sleepers and currently they purchase between
400,000 and 500,000 steel sleepers per annum.

Note, that is a statistic from *2002*.

For the record, Queensland, Tasmania and WA are the states with a huge
installed base of steel sleepers. That is unsurprising given the speed
and load limits of steel sleepers. Recall, if you will, steel sleepers
are used in class 2 - class 5 lines primarily. They can be used on class
1 lines but load and speed limits apply.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq7nr1Fmt0oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19069&group=aus.cars#19069

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 21:09:37 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:09 UTC

On 6/10/2022 7:27 pm, yosemite sam wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>> On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for
>>> high heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>>
>>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a
>>> new rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds
>>> of concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel
>>> guru of everything has egg on his face again.
>>>
>> The reality here is that *you* have the egg on your face. The Moree to
>> Narrabri line is part of the new *Inland Rail* project.
>>
>> http://www.artc.com.au/library/IRAS_Appendix_C.pdf
>>
>> You will note that the Inland Rail project is being built to Class 1
>> standard with Class 1C as the lowest level. As such, steel sleepers
>> are not ideal. I stated in the past, with evidence, that steel
>> sleepers are to be used in this country on class 2 to class 5 lines
>> inclusive. It stands to reason then that the Inland Rail project will
>> *not* be using steel sleepers.
>>>
>>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>>
>> Nobody. least of all me, ever said they were "the be all and end all
>> of rail". What I did say is that they were being used in Australia on
>> *class 2 to class 5 lines*. That's why they are not being used on the
>> Inland Rail project as that is *Class 1x*.
>>
>> The other point here is where the steel sleepers come from. The
>> *rails* are manufactured in Whyalla but steel sleepers are sourced,
>> for the most part, from the UK. One supplier;
>>
>> https://www.coldforge.com.au/products/steel-sleepers
>>
>> Note the *limits* of use of *steel sleepers* in the chart.
>>
>> In case you hadn't noticed, there have been a few issues with *global*
>> shipping since 2019. Supplies of any OS products have been fraught
>> since then so it would come as no surprise to me if higher cost
>> concrete sleepers are taking precedence over steel right now since
>> supply can be guaranteed. FYI, concrete sleepers can be - and are -
>> made locally. In these fraught global shipping times, local supply
>> makes a hell of a lot of sense;
>>
>> https://www.holcim.com.au/humes/precast-concrete-solutions/rail
>>

>>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed
>>> up again.
>>
>> You just proved, once again, that *you* do not know what you are
>> talking about. Maybe, just maybe, in your time as a *fat controller*,
>> you should have got off your fat arse and had a look round! You might
>> just have found *enlightenment* as well as still being able to *fit in
>> the chair*.
>>

> LOL! poor ol'gwumpy. every time he posts he either puts his foot in it,
> or gets shot down in flames, or both!

Yeah, you'd think he'd learn! ;-)

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<jq7nsvFmt0oU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19070&group=aus.cars#19070

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 21:10:38 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:10 UTC

On 6/10/2022 7:33 pm, yosemite sam wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>> On 6/10/2022 7:31 am, alvey wrote:
>>> Grumpy Tech <grumpytech07@gmail.com> wrote in news:thjhh0$1l80$1
>>> @gioia.aioe.org:

>>> Really Gumps?
>>>
>>> Your little mate gets busted for telling whopping great "trade relevant"
>>> lies and you fire back with.... a difference of opinion on railway
>>> sleepers! Jaysus.
>>>
>> And, to top it all off, Grumpy gets that utterly wrong! So sad!
>>
>> Maybe he should hide under a rock?
>
> I think you mean.. should stay under his rock!

He does tend to pop his head out now and then, and get it stomped upon!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<thndqi$1coq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19071&group=aus.cars#19071

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 06:29:04 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 20:29 UTC

On 6/10/2022 11:04 am, Xeno wrote:
> On 5/10/2022 8:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for
>> high heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>
>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a
>> new rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds
>> of concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel
>> guru of everything has egg on his face again.
>>
> The reality here is that *you* have the egg on your face. The Moree to
> Narrabri line is part of the new *Inland Rail* project.
>
> http://www.artc.com.au/library/IRAS_Appendix_C.pdf
>
> You will note that the Inland Rail project is being built to Class 1
> standard with Class 1C as the lowest level. As such, steel sleepers are
> not ideal. I stated in the past, with evidence, that steel sleepers are
> to be used in this country on class 2 to class 5 lines inclusive. It
> stands to reason then that the Inland Rail project will *not* be using
> steel sleepers.
>>
>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>
> Nobody. least of all me, ever said they were "the be all and end all of
> rail". What I did say is that they were being used in Australia on
> *class 2 to class 5 lines*. That's why they are not being used on the
> Inland Rail project as that is *Class 1x*.
>
> The other point here is where the steel sleepers come from. The *rails*
> are manufactured in Whyalla but steel sleepers are sourced, for the most
> part, from the UK. One supplier;
>
> https://www.coldforge.com.au/products/steel-sleepers
>
> Note the *limits* of use of *steel sleepers* in the chart.
>
> In case you hadn't noticed, there have been a few issues with *global*
> shipping since 2019. Supplies of any OS products have been fraught since
> then so it would come as no surprise to me if higher cost concrete
> sleepers are taking precedence over steel right now since supply can be
> guaranteed. FYI, concrete sleepers can be - and are - made locally. In
> these fraught global shipping times, local supply makes a hell of a lot
> of sense;
>
> https://www.holcim.com.au/humes/precast-concrete-solutions/rail
>

>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed
>> up again.
>
> You just proved, once again, that *you* do not know what you are talking
> about. Maybe, just maybe, in your time as a *fat controller*, you should
> have got off your fat arse and had a look round! You might just have
> found *enlightenment* as well as still being able to *fit in the chair*.

It's funny that when I first stated my argument, you called bullshit and
said it was because the sleepers were laid incorrectly. Then you found
out I was correct and had to change your argument after researching the
different classes of lines. Let's face it xeno, you actually learnt
something for once. You were wrong but you hate admitting it, so you
shifted the goalposts once you found out you were wrong.

EOD.

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<thne54$1h6d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19072&group=aus.cars#19072

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 06:34:43 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 20:34 UTC

On 6/10/2022 11:31 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 5/10/2022 5:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for
>> high heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>
>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a
>> new rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds
>> of concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel
>> guru of everything has egg on his face again.
>>

>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about and
>> it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you stuffed
>> up again.
>

> People might care if you weren't the morally vacuous bloke who posts
> information about others in a public group, throws libel and unprovoked
> abuse around like confetti all the while enabling a habitually lying
> narcissistic arsehole.

People might care if what you say was true, but you seem to be stuck in
a rut, not being able to move on. You also cannot see that your best
friend is a habitually lying, narcissistic arsehole, who moves the
goalposts so much that by the time he's finished they are down the other
end of the field. He also publishes information about others in a public
group. You've been abusing me for months with your lies about this. How
about you grow up.

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<thnee0$3f2kj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19073&group=aus.cars#19073

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 07:39:26 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 20:39 UTC

On 7/10/2022 7:29 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:

> It's funny that when I first stated my argument, you called bullshit and
> said it was because the sleepers were laid incorrectly. Then you found
> out I was correct and had to change your argument after researching the
> different classes of lines. Let's face it xeno, you actually learnt
> something for once. You were wrong but you hate admitting it, so you
> shifted the goalposts once you found out you were wrong.

His standard operating procedure in fact.

If we all had a buck for every time the useless, ignorant heap of shit
posted reams of long winded and completely irrelevant *waffle* in
pathetic attempts at goalpost shifting by desperately trying to make it
appear that he knows what he's talking about we'd all be fucking
millionaires many times over.

His insecurity issues are *massive*, and the funny part about it all is
that he's the *only* one who thinks we all believe him :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Appears NSW rail has realised their mistake.

<thnpug$3ftfr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19074&group=aus.cars#19074

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 07:55:59 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 23:55 UTC

On 7/10/2022 4:34 am, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 6/10/2022 11:31 am, Clocky wrote:
>> On 5/10/2022 5:07 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>>> A few years back a certain idiotic protagonist on this group tried to
>>> bullshit his way on the issue of steel sleepers being suitable for
>>> high heat areas citing areas in outback NSW as an example.
>>>
>>> Today I was driving down the Newell Pothole (It's a disgrace for a
>>> national highway) and alongside the road from Moree to Narrabri is a
>>> new rail line going in to replace the old one. Hundreds and hundreds
>>> of concrete sleepers being laid. Well stuff me our resident gunzel
>>> guru of everything has egg on his face again.
>>>

>>> Apparently steel sleepers are not the be all and end all of rail
>>> afterall. I told him then he didn't know what he was talking about
>>> and it looks like I knew what I was talking about. Hey xeno, you
>>> stuffed up again.
>>

>> People might care if you weren't the morally vacuous bloke who posts
>> information about others in a public group, throws libel and
>> unprovoked abuse around like confetti all the while enabling a
>> habitually lying narcissistic arsehole.
>>
> People might care if what you say was true,

It is.

<snip unread>