"I don't mind going nowhere as long as it's an interesting path." -- Ronald Mabbitt

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: NHS App.....

SubjectAuthor
* NHS App.....Tone
+- NHS App.....Brian
+* NHS App.....John Williamson
|`* NHS App.....Tone
| `* NHS App.....John Williamson
|  `* NHS App.....Tone
|   +* NHS App.....Ahem A Rivet's Shot
|   |`* NHS App.....Tone
|   | +* NHS App.....Ahem A Rivet's Shot
|   | |`- NHS App.....Tone
|   | `* NHS App.....Sam Plusnet
|   |  `- NHS App.....Tone
|   +* NHS App.....Peter
|   |+* NHS App.....Ahem A Rivet's Shot
|   ||`- NHS App.....Julian Macassey
|   |`- NHS App.....Richard Robinson
|   +- NHS App.....Mike Fleming
|   `* NHS App.....Chris Elvidge
|    `* NHS App.....Brian
|     `* NHS App.....Sam Plusnet
|      `* NHS App.....Brian Gaff
|       `- NHS App.....Ahem A Rivet's Shot
`* NHS App.....Bob Henson
 +* NHS App.....Tone
 |`* NHS App.....Bob Henson
 | `* NHS App.....Tone
 |  +- NHS App.....RustyHinge
 |  `- NHS App.....Bob Henson
 `* NHS App.....Mike Fleming
  `* NHS App.....Bob Henson
   `* NHS App.....Mike Fleming
    +- NHS App.....Bob Henson
    +* NHS App.....Julian Macassey
    |`* NHS App.....Nicholas D. Richards
    | `- NHS App.....Sam Plusnet
    +* NHS App.....maus
    |`* NHS App.....Sn!pe
    | `* NHS App.....John Williamson
    |  `* NHS App.....Nicholas D. Richards
    |   `* NHS App.....Peter
    |    `- NHS App.....Sn!pe
    `- NHS App.....Richard Robinson

Pages:12
Re: NHS App.....

<tul0ob$358rs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20037&group=uk.rec.sheds#20037

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: NHS App.....
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 17:05:14 +0000
 by: Tone - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 17:05 UTC

On 12/03/2023 15:09, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 12/3/23 11:59 am, Tone wrote:

>>> The doctor's will never do that, it results in too much waste and, as
>>> far as I know it isn't even a possibility in their computer programs.
>>> Nearly all pharmacies will do it for you though. We set up a system
>>> to do it many years ago before I retired.
>>>
>>> One of the problems which might explain the disappearing
>>> prescriptions you mention is the software system that runs the NHS
>>> spine. It was supposed to be running years before I retired (13 years
>>> ago) but it was so bad initially that it still wasn't released when I
>>> finished in pharmacy. If I recall correctly, the company responsible
>>> got the boot by the Government, and vast amounts of cash was wasted.
>>> After all this time the system still seems to be flaky and
>>> prescriptions stray. Add into that operator error and it's usually
>>> better to leave it to your local pharmacy to order. If you're lucky
>>> enough to have a private pharmacy nearby (most have been bankrupted
>>> by the NHS) not a big chain, you're in with a better chance of
>>> getting some attention.
>>>
>>> I order mine from the surgery on my phone app (the NHS app works very
>>> well too) and it goes automatically to the pharmacy for dispensing.
>>> Sadly, it's a chain and they are about as efficient as the NHS
>>> generally - but they do get delivered to me eventually.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>

>> Interesting comments, Bob (and welcome back). Part of my problem is I
>> haven't got, and don't want a smart phone. The App that my pharmacy
>> (Whitworths) wants me to use (Healthera) won't run on a laptop or
>> desktop. The NHS App will, but as I say, it hasn't worked for me. In
>> fact I still haven't got prescriptions ordered on it on 27th & 28th Feb,
>> despite frequent enquiries.
>>
>> It seems that the surgery receptionists who deal with emails aren't all
>> that bright either.
>>
>> Tone
>
> They're not, that's true. Our surgery is now a branch of a larger one in
> Cirencester, and has gone downhill since I used to run the pharmacy.
> Their latest exploit was to put some of someone else's notes on my
> partners in error, and the ones of hers that didn't appear when they
> should are probably on someone else's - nobody knows. We know of several
> local cases where similar has happened.

I'm thinking of making an official complaint about the way my
prescriptions are being mishandled, but I have no idea who to complain
to. Is there some kind of health care ombudsman?

Tone

Re: NHS App.....

<tul15e$35atp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20038&group=uk.rec.sheds#20038

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 17:12:16 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 17:12 UTC

On 12/03/2023 17:05, Tone wrote:
> On 12/03/2023 15:09, Bob Henson wrote:

>>> Interesting comments, Bob (and welcome back). Part of my problem is I
>>> haven't got, and don't want a smart phone. The App that my pharmacy
>>> (Whitworths) wants me to use (Healthera) won't run on a laptop or
>>> desktop. The NHS App will, but as I say, it hasn't worked for me. In
>>> fact I still haven't got prescriptions ordered on it on 27th & 28th Feb,
>>> despite frequent enquiries.
>>>
>>> It seems that the surgery receptionists who deal with emails aren't all
>>> that bright either.
>>>
>>> Tone
>>
>> They're not, that's true. Our surgery is now a branch of a larger one
>> in Cirencester, and has gone downhill since I used to run the
>> pharmacy. Their latest exploit was to put some of someone else's notes
>> on my partners in error, and the ones of hers that didn't appear when
>> they should are probably on someone else's - nobody knows. We know of
>> several local cases where similar has happened.
>>

> I'm thinking of making an official complaint about the way my
> prescriptions are being mishandled, but I have no idea who to complain
> to. Is there some kind of health care ombudsman?
Dunno, I 'spect so, but doing so on antisocial media usually elicits a
better response.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: NHS App.....

<k76o2rFo55oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20040&group=uk.rec.sheds#20040

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 19:39:08 +0000
 by: Bob Henson - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 19:39 UTC

On 12/3/23 5:05 pm, Tone wrote:
> On 12/03/2023 15:09, Bob Henson wrote:

>>> Interesting comments, Bob (and welcome back). Part of my problem is I
>>> haven't got, and don't want a smart phone. The App that my pharmacy
>>> (Whitworths) wants me to use (Healthera) won't run on a laptop or
>>> desktop. The NHS App will, but as I say, it hasn't worked for me. In
>>> fact I still haven't got prescriptions ordered on it on 27th & 28th Feb,
>>> despite frequent enquiries.
>>>
>>> It seems that the surgery receptionists who deal with emails aren't all
>>> that bright either.
>>>
>>> Tone
>>
>> They're not, that's true. Our surgery is now a branch of a larger one in
>> Cirencester, and has gone downhill since I used to run the pharmacy.
>> Their latest exploit was to put some of someone else's notes on my
>> partners in error, and the ones of hers that didn't appear when they
>> should are probably on someone else's - nobody knows. We know of several
>> local cases where similar has happened.
>>

> I'm thinking of making an official complaint about the way my
> prescriptions are being mishandled, but I have no idea who to complain
> to. Is there some kind of health care ombudsman?
>
> Tone

SWMBO used to work for the NHS some years back (and then a doctor's
surgery) and she tells me that you should take any complaint to the
surgery's Practice Manager in the first instance. If you get no joy,
they should tell you what to do next - but our local surgery has a .pdf
file on their website which explains the procedure after that - this
will take you to a downloadable version - it's too long for me to post.

https://www.phoenixhealthgroup-cirencester.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/How_to_raise_concerns_about_a_general_practice.pdf

Yours probably has the same somewhere on their website.

--
Regards,

Bob

Re: NHS App.....

<k77dheFtd6uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20043&group=uk.rec.sheds#20043

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 01:45:17 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 01:45 UTC

On 12/03/2023 11:45, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 9/3/23 2:18 am, Tone wrote:
>>
>> Why can't regular repeat prescriptions be automatically supplied as
>> needed, I asked the surgery via email?
>>
>> No response yet.
>>
>> <Not impressed>
>
> The doctor's will never do that, it results in too much waste and, as
> far as I know it isn't even a possibility in their computer programs.

Is that why my GP does exactly that for me? The practice sends out a
six-month batch of repeat prescriptions to the pharmacy.

> Nearly all pharmacies will do it for you though. We set up a system to
> do it many years ago before I retired.

There's been a fair bit of movement on the pharmacy front, with offsite
delivery services.

> One of the problems which might explain the disappearing prescriptions
> you mention is the software system that runs the NHS spine. It was
> supposed to be running years before I retired (13 years ago) but it was
> so bad initially that it still wasn't released when I finished in
> pharmacy. If I recall correctly, the company responsible got the boot by
> the Government, and vast amounts of cash was wasted. After all this time
> the system still seems to be flaky and prescriptions stray. Add into
> that operator error and it's usually better to leave it to your local
> pharmacy to order. If you're lucky enough to have a private pharmacy
> nearby (most have been bankrupted by the NHS) not a big chain, you're in
> with a better chance of getting some attention.

I would have thought it would be the GP practice software communicating
with the pharmacy software. AFAIK GP practices buy off the shelf
packages rather than having any standard NHS software, ditto pharmacies.
The bit I jbexed on was sticking the requested items into the tote and
sending them out to the pharmacies, or packaging up single prescriptions
into pouches.

Pharmacies, regardless of whether they're chains or single or small
group pharmacies, are being stuffed by the government's reduction in
pharmacy support. I suspect that there's a few Tories who have financial
interests in offsite delivery services for prescriptions who want bricks
and mortar pharmacies to disappear.

https://uk.linkedin.com/posts/steve-anderson-b85aa115_pharmacies-in-crisis-as-650-disappear-from-activity-6962070859024846848-7RQH

Re: NHS App.....

<k78cu3Fo55qU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20044&group=uk.rec.sheds#20044

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 10:41:08 +0000
 by: Bob Henson - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 10:41 UTC

On 13/3/23 1:45 am, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 12/03/2023 11:45, Bob Henson wrote:
>> On 9/3/23 2:18 am, Tone wrote:
>>>
>>> Why can't regular repeat prescriptions be automatically supplied as
>>> needed, I asked the surgery via email?
>>>
>>> No response yet.
>>>
>>> <Not impressed>
>>
>> The doctor's will never do that, it results in too much waste and, as
>> far as I know it isn't even a possibility in their computer programs.
>
> Is that why my GP does exactly that for me? The practice sends out a
> six-month batch of repeat prescriptions to the pharmacy.
>
>> Nearly all pharmacies will do it for you though. We set up a system to
>> do it many years ago before I retired.
>
> There's been a fair bit of movement on the pharmacy front, with offsite
> delivery services.
>
>> One of the problems which might explain the disappearing prescriptions
>> you mention is the software system that runs the NHS spine. It was
>> supposed to be running years before I retired (13 years ago) but it was
>> so bad initially that it still wasn't released when I finished in
>> pharmacy. If I recall correctly, the company responsible got the boot by
>> the Government, and vast amounts of cash was wasted. After all this time
>> the system still seems to be flaky and prescriptions stray. Add into
>> that operator error and it's usually better to leave it to your local
>> pharmacy to order. If you're lucky enough to have a private pharmacy
>> nearby (most have been bankrupted by the NHS) not a big chain, you're in
>> with a better chance of getting some attention.
>
> I would have thought it would be the GP practice software communicating
> with the pharmacy software. AFAIK GP practices buy off the shelf
> packages rather than having any standard NHS software, ditto pharmacies.

The packages have to conform to NHS standards and differ only in the way
they present things and the ease with which they do it.

> The bit I jbexed on was sticking the requested items into the tote and
> sending them out to the pharmacies, or packaging up single prescriptions
> into pouches.

Repeats prescriptions are usually, initially at least, transmitted to
the pharmacy electronically via the NHS spine, hence the necessity of
conformity to NHS standards. This was supposed to be up and running
more than a decade back when I was still working, but was years behind
schedule so I never got to see it in operation. It has regular problems
now - a short while back pharmacies were unable to download the
prescriptions from the spine. I can't explain things in more detail as
I've been retired for some time now and am delighted to be out of touch
with it all.

> Pharmacies, regardless of whether they're chains or single or small
> group pharmacies, are being stuffed by the government's reduction in
> pharmacy support. I suspect that there's a few Tories who have financial
> interests in offsite delivery services for prescriptions who want bricks
> and mortar pharmacies to disappear.

True, but it isn't particularly party political. My own pharmacy was
small but was doing OK when the Tories changed the payment system and
rendered it unsaleable almost overnight. Labour came into office,
tightened the screws even more and finished us off. It was actually
stated (can't remember by which lot) that it was not economic to keep
writing monthly cheques for and administering lots of small pharmacies.
Our own representatives sold us down the river by accepting a payment
system that helped the larger pharmacies and finished off the small ones
- they, of course, continued to get their free lunches from the
government whilst arranging it. At no point did the well-being of the
public enter into the equation.

Nowadays, the pathetic payments from the NHS have, as you remark, raised
the ante and rendered the big chains uneconomic too, and they are
closing down pharmacies at a great rate of knots. Only a couple of days
back, Lloyds (whose rapid growth and harsh business tactics helped to
close many small pharmacies) announced that none of their pharmacies are
safe from risk of closure or sale. As ever, the general public don't
enter into the equation anywhere.

It is all symptomatic of the NHS system, which is now irreparably broken
and falling apart under the sheer weight of the tens thousands of
useless, unnecessary civil servants it employs. Only a complete rebuild
of the system on efficient, commercial lines will rescue pharmacy and
the rest of the NHS.

--
Regards,

Bob

Re: NHS App.....

<k79btcF87a5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20049&group=uk.rec.sheds#20049

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:29:47 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:29 UTC

On 13/03/2023 10:41, Bob Henson wrote:

> It is all symptomatic of the NHS system, which is now irreparably broken
> and falling apart under the sheer weight of the tens thousands of
> useless,  unnecessary civil servants it employs. Only a complete rebuild
> of the system on efficient, commercial lines will rescue pharmacy and
> the rest of the NHS.

That old chestnut, eh?

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/health-and-social-care-bill/mythbusters/nhs-managers

Finance the NHS properly first, then work on making it more efficient -
it's already very efficient and extremely starved of money. And Brexit
has had a serious effect on staffing, both in the NHS and in social
care. The whole thing is a disaster made by austerity and hard Brexit
and the fascists currently running this country.

Re: NHS App.....

<k79clfFo55oU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20050&group=uk.rec.sheds#20050

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:42:39 +0000
 by: Bob Henson - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:42 UTC

On 13/3/23 7:29 pm, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 13/03/2023 10:41, Bob Henson wrote:
>>
>> It is all symptomatic of the NHS system, which is now irreparably broken
>> and falling apart under the sheer weight of the tens thousands of
>> useless,  unnecessary civil servants it employs. Only a complete rebuild
>> of the system on efficient, commercial lines will rescue pharmacy and
>> the rest of the NHS.
>
> That old chestnut, eh?
>
> https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/health-and-social-care-bill/mythbusters/nhs-managers
>
> Finance the NHS properly first, then work on making it more efficient -
> it's already very efficient and extremely starved of money. And Brexit
> has had a serious effect on staffing, both in the NHS and in social
> care. The whole thing is a disaster made by austerity and hard Brexit
> and the fascists currently running this country.

I'm afraid I can't agree with any of that.

--
Regards,

Bob

Licentiae, quam stulti libertatem vocabant - Tacitus
Licence, which fools call Liberty.

Re: NHS App.....

<slrnu0v4hr.dfa.julian@n6are.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20052&group=uk.rec.sheds#20052

From: jul...@n6are.com (Julian Macassey)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 21:14:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Julian Macassey - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 21:14 UTC

On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:29:47 +0000, Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk> wrote:
> On 13/03/2023 10:41, Bob Henson wrote:
>>
>> It is all symptomatic of the NHS system, which is now irreparably broken
>> and falling apart under the sheer weight of the tens thousands of
>> useless,  unnecessary civil servants it employs. Only a complete rebuild
>> of the system on efficient, commercial lines will rescue pharmacy and
>> the rest of the NHS.
>
> That old chestnut, eh?
>
> https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/health-and-social-care-bill/mythbusters/nhs-managers
>
> Finance the NHS properly first, then work on making it more efficient -
> it's already very efficient and extremely starved of money. And Brexit
> has had a serious effect on staffing, both in the NHS and in social
> care. The whole thing is a disaster made by austerity and hard Brexit
> and the fascists currently running this country.

I concur.

I am tired of the canard from the Thatcher/Reagan days that
government run enities are expensive and useless. Yet, this never
seems to apply to policing and military - why is that?

--
"Turns out I'm really good at killing people," Nobel Peace Prize
winner Obama said quietly, "Didn't know that was gonna be a

Re: NHS App.....

<k79m2gF9q64U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20053&group=uk.rec.sheds#20053

From: mau...@mail.com (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 13 Mar 2023 22:23:12 GMT
 by: maus - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 22:23 UTC

On 2023-03-13, Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk> wrote:
> On 13/03/2023 10:41, Bob Henson wrote:
>>
>> It is all symptomatic of the NHS system, which is now irreparably broken
>> and falling apart under the sheer weight of the tens thousands of
>> useless,  unnecessary civil servants it employs. Only a complete rebuild
>> of the system on efficient, commercial lines will rescue pharmacy and
>> the rest of the NHS.
>
> That old chestnut, eh?
>
> https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/health-and-social-care-bill/mythbusters/nhs-managers
>
> Finance the NHS properly first, then work on making it more efficient -
> it's already very efficient and extremely starved of money. And Brexit
> has had a serious effect on staffing, both in the NHS and in social
> care. The whole thing is a disaster made by austerity and hard Brexit
> and the fascists currently running this country.

Explain how the present regime in the UK is fascist, in less than 1000
words.

--
greymausg@mail.com
where is our money gone, Dude?

Re: NHS App.....

<dTo4MKAKa7DkFAxD@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20055&group=uk.rec.sheds#20055

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 23:49:30 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 23:49 UTC

In article <slrnu0v4hr.dfa.julian@n6are.com>, Julian Macassey
<julian@n6are.com> on Mon, 13 Mar 2023 at 21:14:35 awoke Nicholas from
his slumbers and wrote
>On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:29:47 +0000, Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 13/03/2023 10:41, Bob Henson wrote:
>>>
>>> It is all symptomatic of the NHS system, which is now irreparably broken
>>> and falling apart under the sheer weight of the tens thousands of
>>> useless,  unnecessary civil servants it employs. Only a complete rebuild
>>> of the system on efficient, commercial lines will rescue pharmacy and
>>> the rest of the NHS.
>>
>> That old chestnut, eh?
>>
>> https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/health-and-social-care-
>bill/mythbusters/nhs-managers
>>
>> Finance the NHS properly first, then work on making it more efficient -
>> it's already very efficient and extremely starved of money. And Brexit
>> has had a serious effect on staffing, both in the NHS and in social
>> care. The whole thing is a disaster made by austerity and hard Brexit
>> and the fascists currently running this country.
>
> I concur.
>
> I am tired of the canard from the Thatcher/Reagan days that
>government run enities are expensive and useless. Yet, this never
>seems to apply to policing and military - why is that?

nuPti appears to feel that he can privatise the military (Wagner et al).

The Leftpondian private health service does not appear to have anything
to recommend it, in efficiency or effectiveness terms.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: NHS App.....

<XrPPL.152040$ttZe.117410@fx06.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20058&group=uk.rec.sheds#20058

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 00:44:40 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 00:44 UTC

On 13-Mar-23 23:49, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <slrnu0v4hr.dfa.julian@n6are.com>, Julian Macassey
> <julian@n6are.com> on Mon, 13 Mar 2023 at 21:14:35 awoke Nicholas from
> his slumbers and wrote

>>> That old chestnut, eh?
>>>
>>> https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/health-and-social-care-
>> bill/mythbusters/nhs-managers
>>>
>>> Finance the NHS properly first, then work on making it more efficient -
>>> it's already very efficient and extremely starved of money. And Brexit
>>> has had a serious effect on staffing, both in the NHS and in social
>>> care. The whole thing is a disaster made by austerity and hard Brexit
>>> and the fascists currently running this country.
>>
>> I concur.
>>
>> I am tired of the canard from the Thatcher/Reagan days that
>> government run enities are expensive and useless. Yet, this never
>> seems to apply to policing and military - why is that?
>>
> nuPti appears to feel that he can privatise the military (Wagner et al).

You must be mistaken. Private Military groups are illegal in Russia.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: NHS App.....

<tupg2o$9cg4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20062&group=uk.rec.sheds#20062

From: rich...@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 09:51:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 09:51 UTC

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/bring-back-the-brexit-bus

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: NHS App.....

<1q87ght.1k2w1ty1u1ak4N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20445&group=uk.rec.sheds#20445

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 15:05:28 +0100
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 14:05 UTC

maus <maus@mail.com> wrote:

> On 2023-03-13, Mike Fleming <mike@tauzero.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 13/03/2023 10:41, Bob Henson wrote:
> >>
> >> It is all symptomatic of the NHS system, which is now irreparably broken
> >> and falling apart under the sheer weight of the tens thousands of
> >> useless, unnecessary civil servants it employs. Only a complete rebuild
> >> of the system on efficient, commercial lines will rescue pharmacy and
> >> the rest of the NHS.
> >
> > That old chestnut, eh?
> >

> >https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/health-and-social-care-bill/mythbus
> >ters/nhs-managers
> >
> > Finance the NHS properly first, then work on making it more efficient -
> > it's already very efficient and extremely starved of money. And Brexit
> > has had a serious effect on staffing, both in the NHS and in social
> > care. The whole thing is a disaster made by austerity and hard Brexit
> > and the fascists currently running this country.
>
> Explain how the present regime in the UK is fascist, in less than 1000
> words.

This interesting thread seems to have hit a brick wall, what a pity.

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

<https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

Re: NHS App.....

<k8b3ckFf0c2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20447&group=uk.rec.sheds#20447

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 15:32:52 +0100
 by: John Williamson - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 14:32 UTC

On 26/03/2023 15:05, Sn!pe wrote:

> This interesting thread seems to have hit a brick wall, what a pity.

maus does seem to enjoy sub-pontine life.

Thunderguts here marks all his stuff as read, along with one or two others.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: NHS App.....

<yteTjXA+yFIkFAOR@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20448&group=uk.rec.sheds#20448

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 15:54:54 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 14:54 UTC

In article <k8b3ckFf0c2U1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
<johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> on Sun, 26 Mar 2023 at 15:32:52 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On 26/03/2023 15:05, Sn!pe wrote:
>
>> This interesting thread seems to have hit a brick wall, what a pity.
>>
>maus does seem to enjoy sub-pontine life.
>
>Thunderguts here marks all his stuff as read, along with one or two others.

*Plonked* some time ago, although he seems to change his address from
time to time. Wonder why.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: NHS App.....

<XnsAFD3A436C2D45Factura3476@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20449&group=uk.rec.sheds#20449

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 15:08:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 15:08 UTC

"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in

> In article <k8b3ckFf0c2U1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> on Sun, 26 Mar 2023 at 15:32:52 awoke
> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>On 26/03/2023 15:05, Sn!pe wrote:
>>
>>> This interesting thread seems to have hit a brick wall, what a pity.
>>>
>>maus does seem to enjoy sub-pontine life.
>>
>>Thunderguts here marks all his stuff as read, along with one or two
>>others.
>>
> *Plonked* some time ago, although he seems to change his address from
> time to time. Wonder why.

Perhaps he's the Kernel, returned from the abyss

--
Peter
-----

Re: NHS App.....

<1q87ldt.1f964eodca2euN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20454&group=uk.rec.sheds#20454

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 16:56:41 +0100
This article comprises only my personal opinions unless otherwise stated.
May contain traces of nuts.
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 15:56 UTC

Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:

> "Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:
> > John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> >>On 26/03/2023 15:05, Sn!pe wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>>
> >> maus does seem to enjoy sub-pontine life.
> >>
> >> Thunderguts here marks all his stuff as read, along with
> >> one or two others.
> >>
> > *Plonked* some time ago, although he seems to change his address from
> > time to time. Wonder why.
>
> Perhaps he's the Kernel, returned from the abyss

I think not. I've found that maus has interesting things to say in
other groups but of course, other groups are not Ye Shedde.
IMO it's a great pity that fascism was mentioned at all, but hey-ho.