Workers of the world, arise! You have nothing to lose but your chairs.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: First post covid car show

SubjectAuthor
* First post covid car showNoddy
+* Re: First post covid car showjonz
|+* Re: First post covid car showDaryl
||+- Re: First post covid car showNoddy
||`* Re: First post covid car showjonz
|| `* Re: First post covid car showDaryl
||  `- Re: First post covid car showXeno
|`- Re: First post covid car showNoddy
+* Re: First post covid car showDaryl
|`* Re: First post covid car showNoddy
| `* Re: First post covid car showDaryl
|  `* Re: First post covid car showNoddy
|   `- Re: First post covid car showDaryl
+- Re: First post covid car showGrumpy Tech
+* Re: First post covid car showalvey
|+* Re: First post covid car showyosemite sam
||+* Re: First post covid car showXeno
|||`* Re: First post covid car showyosemite sam
||| `* Re: First post covid car showClocky
|||  `- Re: First post covid car showyosemite sam
||`* Re: First post covid car showClocky
|| +- Re: First post covid car showXeno
|| `- Re: First post covid car showyosemite sam
|`* Re: First post covid car showkeithr0
| +* Re: First post covid car showNoddy
| |+* Re: First post covid car showXeno
| ||`* Re: First post covid car showyosemite sam
| || `- Re: First post covid car showXeno
| |`- Re: First post covid car showalvey
| `- Re: First post covid car showalvey
`* Re: First post covid car showkeithr0
 `- Re: First post covid car showNoddy

Pages:12
Re: First post covid car show

<jtm3ldFrnudU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20712&group=aus.cars#20712

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: First post covid car show
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 16:46:04 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 06:46 UTC

On 14/11/2022 8:25 pm, Noddy wrote:
> Had a chance to get out to a local car show yesterday for the first time
> in a good couple of years that didn't get rained out. It was trying to
> rain for most of the day, but fortunately it held off long enough for
> the show to go ahead.
>
> The old truck generated a bit of interest among the punters:
>
>> https://ibb.co/qWMhnZ1

Hmm, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I'm afraid that this eye
doesn't behold, I'd rather have the car to the right.

That said, there is a similar truck somewhere around here, it's sort of
a dark maroon, with sign-writing for a (probably mythical) garage in
Bakersfield Calif done in distressed lettering that doesn't look too bad.

Re: First post covid car show

<tl4mge$2jqhc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20713&group=aus.cars#20713

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:05:49 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 07:05 UTC

On 17/11/2022 5:46 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 14/11/2022 8:25 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> Had a chance to get out to a local car show yesterday for the first
>> time in a good couple of years that didn't get rained out. It was
>> trying to rain for most of the day, but fortunately it held off long
>> enough for the show to go ahead.
>>
>> The old truck generated a bit of interest among the punters:
>>
>>> https://ibb.co/qWMhnZ1
>
> Hmm, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I'm afraid that this eye
> doesn't behold, I'd rather have the car to the right.

To each their own. If we all liked the same things everyone would lust
after my Grandmother.

> That said, there is a similar truck somewhere around here, it's sort of
> a dark maroon, with sign-writing for a (probably mythical) garage in
> Bakersfield Calif done in distressed lettering that doesn't look too bad.

Mine has a lot wrong with it thanks to the previous owner's "skills" (or
lack of them). It will be getting a complete make-over which will change
a lot about it, but for now I'm just driving it on occasion while I do
other stuff.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: First post covid car show

<jtme00Ft85dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20724&group=aus.cars#20724

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 20:42:23 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 09:42 UTC

On 17/11/2022 5:00 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/11/2022 4:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 15/11/2022 6:21 am, alvey wrote:
>
>>> Not bothering to point out that the Fraudster took a mess of pix of his
>>> hideous truck yet doesn't have a single one of the fabled NA of SIA.
>>>
>> Entirely predictable and all that follows it too.
>
> Mills & Boon level predictable in fact, but then that's the limit of
> their intellectual capability. In fact these whiny little shit stains
> exist in this group for no other reason than to perpetually remind
> everyone of precisely how mentally handicapped they really are :)

Nah Darren, just reminding everyone how mentally handicapped *you* are -
not to mention that you're one hell of a huge liar!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: First post covid car show

<jtmk1cFu5n7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20730&group=aus.cars#20730

From: fel...@goaway.com (yosemite sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 22:26:14 +1100
 by: yosemite sam - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 11:26 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 17/11/2022 5:00 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Entirely predictable and all that follows it too.
>>
>> Mills & Boon level predictable in fact, but then that's the limit of
>> their intellectual capability. In fact these whiny little shit stains
>> exist in this group for no other reason than to perpetually remind
>> everyone of precisely how mentally handicapped they really are :)
>>
> Nah Darren, just reminding everyone how mentally handicapped *you* are
> - not to mention that you're one hell of a huge liar!

 if we apply the same principle to keefy's posts that he uses on ours,
then noddy is 'kissing keefys arse'! (and vice versa) yuk!

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: First post covid car show

<jtmki5Fu6etU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20734&group=aus.cars#20734

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 22:34:29 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 11:34 UTC

On 17/11/2022 10:26 pm, yosemite sam wrote:
> Xeno wrote:

>>> Mills & Boon level predictable in fact, but then that's the limit of
>>> their intellectual capability. In fact these whiny little shit stains
>>> exist in this group for no other reason than to perpetually remind
>>> everyone of precisely how mentally handicapped they really are :)
>>>
>> Nah Darren, just reminding everyone how mentally handicapped *you* are
>> - not to mention that you're one hell of a huge liar!
>>

>  if we apply the same principle to keefy's posts that he uses on ours,
> then noddy is 'kissing keefys arse'! (and vice versa) yuk!

Pre-cisely!

But let's not go there! Leave that sort of comment to the FLCJC

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: First post covid car show

<6%wdL.521$dvL.492@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20745&group=aus.cars#20745

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Patty.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 20:40:34 GMT
 by: alvey - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 20:40 UTC

keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote in news:jtlv1aFqva8U1
@mid.individual.net:

> On 15/11/2022 6:21 am, alvey wrote:
>>
>> alvey
>> Not bothering to point out that the Fraudster took a mess of pix of his
>> hideous truck yet doesn't have a single one of the fabled NA of SIA.
>>
> Entirely predictable and all that follows it too.

Thanks for sharing your family motto.

alvey

Re: First post covid car show

<h5xdL.522$dvL.189@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20746&group=aus.cars#20746

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Patty.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 20:47:09 GMT
 by: alvey - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 20:47 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote in news:tl4il9$2jjvu$1@dont-email.me:

> On 17/11/2022 4:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 15/11/2022 6:21 am, alvey wrote:
>
>>> Not bothering to point out that the Fraudster took a mess of pix of his
>>> hideous truck yet doesn't have a single one of the fabled NA of SIA.
>>>
>> Entirely predictable and all that follows it too.
>
> Mills & Boon level predictable in fact, but then that's the limit of
> their intellectual capability.

Whereas the FLC is daytime soap. "Like the sands through the hourglass, so
are the days of our lies."

> In fact these whiny little shit stains
> exist in this group for no other reason than to perpetually remind
> everyone of precisely how mentally handicapped they really are :)

Your definition of "fact" is a write-off.

alvey