  ||  +* AntisobrietyPeter
  ||  |+- AntisobrietyJulian Macassey
  ||  |+* AntisobrietyJim the Geordie
  ||  ||+* AntisobrietyTease'n'Seize
  ||  |||`* AntisobrietyRichard Robinson
  ||  ||| +* AntisobrietySam Plusnet
  ||  ||| |`* AntisobrietyRichard Robinson
  ||  ||| | +- AntisobrietyBob Henson
  ||  ||| | +* AntisobrietyNicholas D. Richards
  ||  ||| | |`* AntisobrietyMike Spencer
  ||  ||| | | `* AntisobrietyNicholas D. Richards
  ||  ||| | |  `* AntisobrietyTone
  ||  ||| | |   +- AntisobrietySn!pe
  ||  ||| | |   `* Antisobrietychrisnd@privacy.net
  ||  ||| | |    `* AntisobrietyTone
  ||  ||| | |     `- Antisobrietychrisnd@privacy.net
  ||  ||| | `- AntisobrietySam Plusnet
  ||  ||| `- AntisobrietyRustyHinge
  ||  ||+- AntisobrietyBob Henson
  ||  ||+- AntisobrietyAdrian
  ||  ||`- AntisobrietyMike Fleming
  ||  |+- AntisobrietyNicholas D. Richards
  ||  |`- AntisobrietyRustyHinge
  ||  `* AntisobrietyJulian Macassey
  ||   `* AntisobrietyRichard Robinson
  ||    `* AntisobrietySam Plusnet
  ||     `- AntisobrietyRichard Robinson
  |`* Antisobrietymaus
  | `- AntisobrietyJulian Macassey
  +- AntisobrietyTone
  `* AntisobrietyThomas Prufer
   `* AntisobrietyJulian Macassey
    `* Antisobrietymaus
     `* AntisobrietyJulian Macassey
      `- Antisobrietymaus

Pages:1234
Antisobriety

<u1sroa$qtk1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21081&group=uk.rec.sheds#21081

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Antisobriety
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 03:17:45 +0100
 by: Tone - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 02:17 UTC

Confessions of an old boozer.

I tried giving up the booze. But sobriety really didnay suit me. Far too
much anxiety.

I blame the Royal Navy. They taught me to drink (and smoke!) from the
age of 15.

And the pain-killers they now prescribe all turned me into a Zombie the
following day. I don't want to be a Zombie, thanks. I live among
Zombies. They are got out of bed in the morning, sat in front of a TV
all day, occasionally washed and changed and fed, and put back to bed at
8.30pm. That isn't life as I know it.

My main occupation is local radio. It keeps me going. It keeps the brain
active. And some folks out there seem to like it, otherwise I wouldn't
bother. But you can't present local radio if you can't think or speak
coherently.

Alcohol does help deal with the continuous nagging pain that is never
going to go away unless they amputate, and how would that affect quality
of life? When it was only one leg seriously ulcerating that was a
thinkable option, but now it's both? Mined yew it would be a good way of
losing weight I suppose.

So I hereby give Sheddi notice that I officially choose to be an
alcoholic until my dying ( not dyeing) day.

Shame it's not on prescription.

Okay it might hasten the grim reaper, but there is no way I want to live
to be 102 like my dear old Mum did until January. Her last few years
were a misery for her.

(She had one glass of cherry brandy on Christmas day each year, and
declared that that made her feel squiffy.)

"This is not my world any more," she would say.

Strangely I can unforget her Mum saying the same before she went, 40
years ago.

Now I'm feeling much the same.

But I'm still 'ere.

One day (and night) at a time, eh sweet Jesus?

(Oh, pass that bockle will yer?)

Cheers

Tone

Re: Antisobriety

<WaWdnR4L4N6dt9_5nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21087&group=uk.rec.sheds#21087

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 07:15:25 +0100
Subject: Re: Antisobriety
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 06:15 UTC

Tone wrote:

> Alcohol does help deal with the continuous nagging pain that is never
> going to go away unless they amputate

Amputation doesn't guarantee the pain will go away as a long-time
previous sailing sheddi would testify ...

Re: Antisobriety

<slrnu44anj.3la.maus@darkstar.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21088&group=uk.rec.sheds#21088

From: mau...@darkstar.org (greymaus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 21 Apr 2023 06:19:31 GMT
 by: greymaus - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 06:19 UTC

On 2023-04-21, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
> Confessions of an old boozer.
>
> I tried giving up the booze. But sobriety really didnay suit me. Far too
> much anxiety.
>
> I blame the Royal Navy. They taught me to drink (and smoke!) from the
> age of 15.
>
> And the pain-killers they now prescribe all turned me into a Zombie the
> following day. I don't want to be a Zombie, thanks. I live among
> Zombies. They are got out of bed in the morning, sat in front of a TV
> all day, occasionally washed and changed and fed, and put back to bed at
> 8.30pm. That isn't life as I know it.
>
> My main occupation is local radio. It keeps me going. It keeps the brain
> years ago.
>
> Now I'm feeling much the same.
>
> But I'm still 'ere.
>
> One day (and night) at a time, eh sweet Jesus?
>
> (Oh, pass that bockle will yer?)
>
> Cheers

Take a little wine for your stomach sake

--
greymausg@mail.com
grumpy greymaus

Re: Antisobriety

<u1tgut$11ti0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21093&group=uk.rec.sheds#21093

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 09:19:36 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 08:19 UTC

Well I don't drink but if we could know say a monthor so before we go, there
are lots of debauched and sinful things I'd like to do, but being gone,
there would be no pay back.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Tone" <tone@email.com> wrote in message news:u1sroa$qtk1$1@dont-email.me...
> Confessions of an old boozer.
>
> I tried giving up the booze. But sobriety really didnay suit me. Far too
> much anxiety.
>
> I blame the Royal Navy. They taught me to drink (and smoke!) from the age
> of 15.
>
> And the pain-killers they now prescribe all turned me into a Zombie the
> following day. I don't want to be a Zombie, thanks. I live among Zombies.
> They are got out of bed in the morning, sat in front of a TV all day,
> occasionally washed and changed and fed, and put back to bed at 8.30pm.
> That isn't life as I know it.
>
> My main occupation is local radio. It keeps me going. It keeps the brain
> active. And some folks out there seem to like it, otherwise I wouldn't
> bother. But you can't present local radio if you can't think or speak
> coherently.
>
> Alcohol does help deal with the continuous nagging pain that is never
> going to go away unless they amputate, and how would that affect quality
> of life? When it was only one leg seriously ulcerating that was a
> thinkable option, but now it's both? Mined yew it would be a good way of
> losing weight I suppose.
>
> So I hereby give Sheddi notice that I officially choose to be an alcoholic
> until my dying ( not dyeing) day.
>
> Shame it's not on prescription.
>
> Okay it might hasten the grim reaper, but there is no way I want to live
> to be 102 like my dear old Mum did until January. Her last few years were
> a misery for her.
>
> (She had one glass of cherry brandy on Christmas day each year, and
> declared that that made her feel squiffy.)
>
> "This is not my world any more," she would say.
>
> Strangely I can unforget her Mum saying the same before she went, 40 years
> ago.
>
> Now I'm feeling much the same.
>
> But I'm still 'ere.
>
> One day (and night) at a time, eh sweet Jesus?
>
> (Oh, pass that bockle will yer?)
>
> Cheers
>
> Tone

Re: Antisobriety

<1p8mra094bvmm$.121alr8597q31.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21099&group=uk.rec.sheds#21099

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 14:05:19 +0100
 by: Bob Henson - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 13:05 UTC

Tone wrote:

> Confessions of an old boozer.
>
> I tried giving up the booze. But sobriety really didnay suit me. Far too
> much anxiety.
>
> I blame the Royal Navy. They taught me to drink (and smoke!) from the
> age of 15.
>
> And the pain-killers they now prescribe all turned me into a Zombie the
> following day. I don't want to be a Zombie, thanks. I live among
> Zombies. They are got out of bed in the morning, sat in front of a TV
> all day, occasionally washed and changed and fed, and put back to bed at
> 8.30pm. That isn't life as I know it.
>
> My main occupation is local radio. It keeps me going. It keeps the brain
> active. And some folks out there seem to like it, otherwise I wouldn't
> bother. But you can't present local radio if you can't think or speak
> coherently.
>
> Alcohol does help deal with the continuous nagging pain that is never
> going to go away unless they amputate, and how would that affect quality
> of life? When it was only one leg seriously ulcerating that was a
> thinkable option, but now it's both? Mined yew it would be a good way of
> losing weight I suppose.
>
> So I hereby give Sheddi notice that I officially choose to be an
> alcoholic until my dying ( not dyeing) day.
>
> Shame it's not on prescription.
>
> Okay it might hasten the grim reaper, but there is no way I want to live
> to be 102 like my dear old Mum did until January. Her last few years
> were a misery for her.
>
> (She had one glass of cherry brandy on Christmas day each year, and
> declared that that made her feel squiffy.)
>
> "This is not my world any more," she would say.
>
> Strangely I can unforget her Mum saying the same before she went, 40
> years ago.
>
> Now I'm feeling much the same.
>
> But I'm still 'ere.
>
> One day (and night) at a time, eh sweet Jesus?
>
> (Oh, pass that bockle will yer?)

Puts me in mind of the old quote attributed to Dean Martin (and probably
others - but he said it with such sincerity) - "I feel sorry for people who
don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're
going to feel all day."

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

I take long walks in the morning - before my brain works out what I'm
doing!

Re: Antisobriety

<1WA0M.986182$S2l4.224789@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21115&group=uk.rec.sheds#21115

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 19:50:37 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 18:50 UTC

On 21-Apr-23 3:17, Tone wrote:
> Confessions of an old boozer.
>
> I tried giving up the booze. But sobriety really didnay suit me. Far too
> much anxiety.
>
> I blame the Royal Navy. They taught me to drink (and smoke!) from the
> age of 15.
>
> And the pain-killers they now prescribe all turned me into a Zombie the
> following day. I don't want to be a Zombie, thanks. I live among
> Zombies. They are got out of bed in the morning, sat in front of a TV
> all day, occasionally washed and changed and fed, and put back to bed at
> 8.30pm. That isn't life as I know it.
>
> My main occupation is local radio. It keeps me going. It keeps the brain
> active. And some folks out there seem to like it, otherwise I wouldn't
> bother. But you can't present local radio if you can't think or speak
> coherently.
>
> Alcohol does help deal with the continuous nagging pain that is never
> going to go away unless they amputate, and how would that affect quality
> of life? When it was only one leg seriously ulcerating that was a
> thinkable option, but now it's both? Mined yew it would be a good way of
> losing weight I suppose.
>
> So I hereby give Sheddi notice that I officially choose to be an
> alcoholic until my dying ( not dyeing) day.
>
> Shame it's not on prescription.
>
> Okay it might hasten the grim reaper, but there is no way I want to live
> to be 102 like my dear old Mum did until January. Her last few years
> were a misery for her.
>
> (She had one glass of cherry brandy on Christmas day each year, and
> declared that that made her feel squiffy.)
>
> "This is not my world any more," she would say.
>
> Strangely I can unforget her Mum saying the same before she went, 40
> years ago.
>
> Now I'm feeling much the same.
>
> But I'm still 'ere.
>
> One day (and night) at a time, eh sweet Jesus?
>
> (Oh, pass that bockle will yer?)

Being a tight-fisted sort of git, I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford to
become an alcoholic.
The bliddy stuff is expensive"

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Antisobriety

<10vz35ixgnvhi.17xwm4ag051m$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21126&group=uk.rec.sheds#21126

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 09:24:13 +0100
 by: Bob Henson - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 08:24 UTC

Sam Plusnet wrote:

> On 21-Apr-23 3:17, Tone wrote:
>> Confessions of an old boozer.
>>
>> I tried giving up the booze. But sobriety really didnay suit me. Far too
>> much anxiety.
>>
>> I blame the Royal Navy. They taught me to drink (and smoke!) from the
>> age of 15.
>>
>> And the pain-killers they now prescribe all turned me into a Zombie the
>> following day. I don't want to be a Zombie, thanks. I live among
>> Zombies. They are got out of bed in the morning, sat in front of a TV
>> all day, occasionally washed and changed and fed, and put back to bed at
>> 8.30pm. That isn't life as I know it.
>>
>> My main occupation is local radio. It keeps me going. It keeps the brain
>> active. And some folks out there seem to like it, otherwise I wouldn't
>> bother. But you can't present local radio if you can't think or speak
>> coherently.
>>
>> Alcohol does help deal with the continuous nagging pain that is never
>> going to go away unless they amputate, and how would that affect quality
>> of life? When it was only one leg seriously ulcerating that was a
>> thinkable option, but now it's both? Mined yew it would be a good way of
>> losing weight I suppose.
>>
>> So I hereby give Sheddi notice that I officially choose to be an
>> alcoholic until my dying ( not dyeing) day.
>>
>> Shame it's not on prescription.
>>
>> Okay it might hasten the grim reaper, but there is no way I want to live
>> to be 102 like my dear old Mum did until January. Her last few years
>> were a misery for her.
>>
>> (She had one glass of cherry brandy on Christmas day each year, and
>> declared that that made her feel squiffy.)
>>
>> "This is not my world any more," she would say.
>>
>> Strangely I can unforget her Mum saying the same before she went, 40
>> years ago.
>>
>> Now I'm feeling much the same.
>>
>> But I'm still 'ere.
>>
>> One day (and night) at a time, eh sweet Jesus?
>>
>> (Oh, pass that bockle will yer?)
>
> Being a tight-fisted sort of git, I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford to
> become an alcoholic.
> The bliddy stuff is expensive"

Move to Croatia - nearly everyone I met out there had their own still and
made their own rakija. My mate's neighbour, Bruno, made two sorts - the
everyday "Jesus, that's strong" and Best Quality "Don't go anywhere near
that with a cigarette lit." There was no choice but to drink the latter
quickly, it evaporated in no time at all. Failing that they bought it in
gallon demijohns from the local supermarket - still cheap The clerics were
good in Crete - the monks made the best raki.

Mind you, you can bet the EU has buggered all that now. That Ursula van der
Whatnot looks a miserable, probably teetotal, old moo.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

I asked Mother if I was a gifted child. She said they certainly wouldn't
have paid for me.

Re: Antisobriety

<XnsAFEE612082FEFactura3476@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21127&group=uk.rec.sheds#21127

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 08:32:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 08:32 UTC

Bob Henson <fake@obfuscation.net> wrote in

> Mind you, you can bet the EU has buggered all that now. That Ursula
> van der Whatnot looks a miserable, probably teetotal, old moo.

And you sound like a misogynistic old xenophobe, but I don't suppose you
are.

--
Peter
-----

Re: Antisobriety

<3d874iln7r5is2m79qrki7bgb7fiedbjpu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21129&group=uk.rec.sheds#21129

From: prufer.p...@mnet-online.de.invalid (Thomas Prufer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 11:01:24 +0200
 by: Thomas Prufer - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 09:01 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 08:32:52 -0000 (UTC), Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:

>Bob Henson <fake@obfuscation.net> wrote in
>

>> Mind you, you can bet the EU has buggered all that now. That Ursula
>> van der Whatnot looks a miserable, probably teetotal, old moo.
>>

>And you sound like a misogynistic old xenophobe, but I don't suppose you
>are.

And just yesterday I was offered three homemade Croatian spirits, distilled from
fermented apples, grapes and plums, so no, not buggered.

Quality was "variable", btw. Grape was "oi, a bit harsh!", apple OK, plum
excellent.

Thomas Prufer

Re: Antisobriety

<cC5oYiADR6QkFAYt@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21130&group=uk.rec.sheds#21130

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 10:09:23 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 09:09 UTC

In article <10vz35ixgnvhi.17xwm4ag051m$.dlg@40tude.net>, Bob Henson
<fake@obfuscation.net> on Sat, 22 Apr 2023 at 09:24:13 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>Sam Plusnet wrote:
>
>> On 21-Apr-23 3:17, Tone wrote:
>>> Confessions of an old boozer.
>>>
>>> I tried giving up the booze. But sobriety really didnay suit me. Far too
>>> much anxiety.
>>>
>>> I blame the Royal Navy. They taught me to drink (and smoke!) from the
>>> age of 15.
>>>
>>> And the pain-killers they now prescribe all turned me into a Zombie the
>>> following day. I don't want to be a Zombie, thanks. I live among
>>> Zombies. They are got out of bed in the morning, sat in front of a TV
>>> all day, occasionally washed and changed and fed, and put back to bed at
>>> 8.30pm. That isn't life as I know it.
>>>
>>> My main occupation is local radio. It keeps me going. It keeps the brain
>>> active. And some folks out there seem to like it, otherwise I wouldn't
>>> bother. But you can't present local radio if you can't think or speak
>>> coherently.
>>>
>>> Alcohol does help deal with the continuous nagging pain that is never
>>> going to go away unless they amputate, and how would that affect quality
>>> of life? When it was only one leg seriously ulcerating that was a
>>> thinkable option, but now it's both? Mined yew it would be a good way of
>>> losing weight I suppose.
>>>
>>> So I hereby give Sheddi notice that I officially choose to be an
>>> alcoholic until my dying ( not dyeing) day.
>>>
>>> Shame it's not on prescription.
>>>
>>> Okay it might hasten the grim reaper, but there is no way I want to live
>>> to be 102 like my dear old Mum did until January. Her last few years
>>> were a misery for her.
>>>
>>> (She had one glass of cherry brandy on Christmas day each year, and
>>> declared that that made her feel squiffy.)
>>>
>>> "This is not my world any more," she would say.
>>>
>>> Strangely I can unforget her Mum saying the same before she went, 40
>>> years ago.
>>>
>>> Now I'm feeling much the same.
>>>
>>> But I'm still 'ere.
>>>
>>> One day (and night) at a time, eh sweet Jesus?
>>>
>>> (Oh, pass that bockle will yer?)
>>
>> Being a tight-fisted sort of git, I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford to
>> become an alcoholic.
>> The bliddy stuff is expensive"
>
>Move to Croatia - nearly everyone I met out there had their own still and
>made their own rakija. My mate's neighbour, Bruno, made two sorts - the
>everyday "Jesus, that's strong" and Best Quality "Don't go anywhere near
>that with a cigarette lit." There was no choice but to drink the latter
>quickly, it evaporated in no time at all. Failing that they bought it in
>gallon demijohns from the local supermarket - still cheap The clerics were
>good in Crete - the monks made the best raki.
>
>Mind you, you can bet the EU has buggered all that now.

I wonder if that also applies to Corsica. It is fortunate that I was
never stopped by the Revenue on my way home, I bet that no VAT had been
paid on the Firewater, that appeared from 'out the back'.

I blame it on the EU/remoaners/Brexit (take your pick or suggest another
bête noire

>That Ursula van der
>Whatnot looks a miserable, probably teetotal, old moo.

She is EU Royalty, which does not represent approval from this writer.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Antisobriety

<slrnu47ajl.asn.maus@dmaus.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21131&group=uk.rec.sheds#21131

From: mau...@dmaus.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 22 Apr 2023 09:35:49 GMT
 by: maus - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 09:35 UTC

On 2023-04-22, Bob Henson <fake@obfuscation.net> wrote:
> Sam Plusnet wrote:
>
>> On 21-Apr-23 3:17, Tone wrote:
>>> Confessions of an old boozer.
>>>
>>> I tried giving up the booze. But sobriety really didnay suit me. Far too
>>> much anxiety.
>>>
> Move to Croatia - nearly everyone I met out there had their own still and
> made their own rakija. My mate's neighbour, Bruno, made two sorts - the
> everyday "Jesus, that's strong" and Best Quality "Don't go anywhere near
> that with a cigarette lit." There was no choice but to drink the latter
> quickly, it evaporated in no time at all. Failing that they bought it in
> gallon demijohns from the local supermarket - still cheap The clerics were
> good in Crete - the monks made the best raki.

Someone visited recently that had previously visited NM, New Mexico.
Everything goes there.

I will not drink homemade whiskey. I know a place where the `boys' would
go to a certain man's house after the local pub closed. Several of them
died of stomach cancer.

> Mind you, you can bet the EU has buggered all that now. That Ursula van der
> Whatnot looks a miserable, probably teetotal, old moo.

With her reluctance to speak of her contacts with the drug companies at
the start of the `pandemic', i would relieve anything.

--
greymausg@mail.com
Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the stench of an Influencer.

Re: Antisobriety

<slrnu47akq.asn.maus@dmaus.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21132&group=uk.rec.sheds#21132

From: mau...@dmaus.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 22 Apr 2023 09:36:26 GMT
 by: maus - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 09:36 UTC

On 2023-04-22, Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:
> Bob Henson <fake@obfuscation.net> wrote in
>

>> Mind you, you can bet the EU has buggered all that now. That Ursula
>> van der Whatnot looks a miserable, probably teetotal, old moo.
>>

> And you sound like a misogynistic old xenophobe, but I don't suppose you
> are.

Whats not to like!.

--
greymausg@mail.com
Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the stench of an Influencer.
Where is our money gone, Dude?

Re: Antisobriety

<u20m3j$39e34$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21135&group=uk.rec.sheds#21135

From: rich...@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:05:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:05 UTC

Nicholas D. Richards said:

> I blame it on the EU/remoaners/Brexit (take your pick or suggest another
> bête noire

Eddie's in the space/time continuum ?

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Antisobriety

<2nR0M.4209472$JNZ4.277717@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21136&group=uk.rec.sheds#21136

From: nom...@the.desert.invalid (The Nomad)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:33:50 GMT
 by: The Nomad - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:33 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:05:55 -0000 (UTC), Richard Robinson
<richard@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:

> Nicholas D. Richards said:
>>
>> I blame it on the EU/remoaners/Brexit (take your pick or suggest
>> another bête noire
>
> Eddie's in the space/time continuum ?

Edward's what is in the space/time thingy?

Avpx

--
The river Ankh is probably the only river in the universe on which the
investigators can chalk the outline of the corpse.

Re: Antisobriety

<1q9lfg6.1cf5khgg47x60N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21137&group=uk.rec.sheds#21137

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 14:49:34 +0100
This article comprises only my personal opinions unless otherwise stated.
May contain traces of nuts.
 by: Sn!pe - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:49 UTC

Nicholas D. Richards <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

[...]

> >Mind you, you can bet the EU has buggered all that now.
>
> I wonder if that also applies to Corsica. It is fortunate that I was
> never stopped by the Revenue on my way home, I bet that no VAT
> had been paid on the Firewater, that appeared from 'out the back'.
>
> I blame it on the EU/remoaners/Brexit (take your pick
> or suggest another bête noire)

How now, brown cow?

> > That Ursula van der Whatnot looks a miserable,
> > probably teetotal, old moo.

How now, brown cow? She should have Erminturd's job.

> She is EU Royalty, which does not represent approval
> from this writer.

# Meet the new boss,
# Same as the old boss...

Won't get fooled again: <https://youtu.be/UDfAdHBtK_Q>

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

<https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

Re: Antisobriety

<AgV0M.501988$Lfzc.434379@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21141&group=uk.rec.sheds#21141

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 18:59:59 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 17:59 UTC

On 22-Apr-23 10:09, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> I blame it on the EU/remoaners/Brexit (take your pick or suggest another
> bête noire

It used to be "I blame the teachers/parents.", but we now focus on
higher matters.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Antisobriety

<1q9lw1s.1988lo8qjzgtiN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21142&group=uk.rec.sheds#21142

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 20:44:54 +0100
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:44 UTC

Nicholas D. Richards <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

> Sn!pe <snipeco.2@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Nicholas D. Richards <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:
[...]
> >How now, brown cow? She should have Erminturd's job.
> >

> >> She is EU Royalty, which does not represent approval
> >> from this writer.
> >>

> ># Meet the new boss,
> ># Same as the old boss...
> >
> >Won't get fooled again: <https://youtu.be/UDfAdHBtK_Q>
> >

> Who'd have thought it?

Well, I can [ahem] honestly say that [ahem, ahem] I really did
believe that they'd be different. Am I a surprised wading bird.
Politicians, eh? Such a disappointment.
--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

<https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

Re: Antisobriety

<u21fp7$3dqs0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21143&group=uk.rec.sheds#21143

From: rich...@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 20:24:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 20:24 UTC

The Nomad said:
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:05:55 -0000 (UTC), Richard Robinson
><richard@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Nicholas D. Richards said:
>>>
>>> I blame it on the EU/remoaners/Brexit (take your pick or suggest
>>> another bête noire
>>
>> Eddie's in the space/time continuum ?
>

> Edward's what is in the space/time thingy?

All of him, at a guess.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Antisobriety

<20230422213632.88e0cec2832f873e5b26fd36@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21144&group=uk.rec.sheds#21144

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 21:36:32 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 20:36 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:33:50 GMT
The Nomad <nomad@the.desert.invalid> wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:05:55 -0000 (UTC), Richard Robinson
> <richard@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Nicholas D. Richards said:
> >>
> >> I blame it on the EU/remoaners/Brexit (take your pick or suggest
> >> another bête noire
> >
> > Eddie's in the space/time continuum ?
>

> Edward's what is in the space/time thingy?

I'll tell him, he's been looking all over his ohm for that lost
watt.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Antisobriety

<iaVnetA1sCRkFA33@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21146&group=uk.rec.sheds#21146

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:45:09 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 18:45 UTC

In article <1q9lfg6.1cf5khgg47x60N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>, Sn!pe
<snipeco.2@gmail.com> on Sat, 22 Apr 2023 at 14:49:34 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>Nicholas D. Richards <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>> >Mind you, you can bet the EU has buggered all that now.
>>
>> I wonder if that also applies to Corsica. It is fortunate that I was
>> never stopped by the Revenue on my way home, I bet that no VAT
>> had been paid on the Firewater, that appeared from 'out the back'.
>>
>> I blame it on the EU/remoaners/Brexit (take your pick
>> or suggest another bête noire)
>>

>How now, brown cow?
>
>> > That Ursula van der Whatnot looks a miserable,
>> > probably teetotal, old moo.
>> >

>How now, brown cow? She should have Erminturd's job.
>
>> She is EU Royalty, which does not represent approval
>> from this writer.
>>

># Meet the new boss,
># Same as the old boss...
>
>Won't get fooled again: <https://youtu.be/UDfAdHBtK_Q>

Who'd have thought it?
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Antisobriety

<DBZ0M.3771833$nwq3.3760851@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21147&group=uk.rec.sheds#21147

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: new...@dentrassi-nospamformetodayplease.lodge.org.uk (JonG)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 23:55:31 +0100
 by: JonG - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 22:55 UTC

On 22/04/2023 10:01, Thomas Prufer wrote:

> And just yesterday I was offered three homemade Croatian spirits, distilled from
> fermented apples, grapes and plums, so no, not buggered.

Well, Mostly apples...

JonG

www.avg.com

Re: Antisobriety

<HAEOIhAxKYRkFASW@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21170&group=uk.rec.sheds#21170

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 20:10:41 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 19:10 UTC

In article <u23too$3tp9g$2@dont-email.me>, RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@fooba
r.girolle.co.uk> on Sun, 23 Apr 2023 at 19:35:04 awoke Nicholas from
his slumbers and wrote
>On 22/04/2023 18:59, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>> On 22-Apr-23 10:09, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>>> I blame it on the EU/remoaners/Brexit (take your pick or suggest another
>>> bête noire
>>
>> It used to be "I blame the teachers/parents.", but we now focus on
>> higher matters.
>>
>Wot you mean by that, God wot.

Jim Wot the steam engine guy?

He of the Wotnot?
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Antisobriety

<u23t6o$3tp9g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21180&group=uk.rec.sheds#21180

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 19:25:28 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 18:25 UTC

On 21/04/2023 19:50, Sam Plusnet wrote:

> Being a tight-fisted sort of git, I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford to
> become an alcoholic.
> The bliddy stuff is expensive"

Not too dear if you molibubbleit yourself.

I have 10 galleons of faux 'port'
festering away at the foot of my bed. Excavated ovine, it's going to
rocket in price when I fortify it -or as I intend, eightyfy it.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Antisobriety

<dmdc4idcfi8dvpojqp3hnn0vl9j8brk06h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21202&group=uk.rec.sheds#21202

From: prufer.p...@mnet-online.de.invalid (Thomas Prufer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 10:01:11 +0200
 by: Thomas Prufer - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 08:01 UTC

On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 19:25:28 +0100, RustyHinge
<rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

>On 21/04/2023 19:50, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>
>> Being a tight-fisted sort of git, I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford to
>> become an alcoholic.
>> The bliddy stuff is expensive"
>
>Not too dear if you molibubbleit yourself.
>
>I have 10 galleons of faux 'port'
> festering away at the foot of my bed. Excavated ovine, it's going to
>rocket in price when I fortify it -or as I intend, eightyfy it.

I'm seeing it now: Ferment, run through a copper pot still, age a fortnight,
place in caravan, transport, sell...

Tone, moonshiner and bootlegger.

Thomas Prufer

Re: Antisobriety

<20230424110010.f4a4bc035f48b9d35d0f6820@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21204&group=uk.rec.sheds#21204

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:00:10 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 10:00 UTC

On Mon, 24 Apr 2023 10:01:11 +0200
Thomas Prufer <prufer.public@mnet-online.de.invalid> wrote:

> I'm seeing it now: Ferment, run through a copper pot still, age a
> fortnight,

Coo vintage!