The Army needs leaders the way a foot needs a big toe. -- Bill Murray

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

SubjectAuthor
* "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% ofswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lostSpike
+* Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% ofswldx...@gmail.com
> [...]
|`* Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% ofSimon Mason
| `* Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lostSpike
|  `* Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% ofPeter Granger
|   `- Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lostSpike
+* Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% ofswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lostSpike
|`- Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Fairy-CyclocJNugent
`* Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% ofswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lostSpike
 `* Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% ofSimon Mason
  +- Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% ofPeter Granger

Pages:123
"It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<271a8c12-37a6-447c-8704-dee702f19c63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21545&group=uk.rec.cycling#21545

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 03:57:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of
sales, founder reveals
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:57 UTC

The founder and designer of indoor wall-mounted bike storage manufacturer Cycloc has spoken out about the impact Brexit had on business, with sales down 25 per cent and a £100,000 hole in revenues.

Speaking to the Guardian (link is external) from his east London studio, Andrew Lang said the fallout from the referendum in 2016 had been "very disappointing" and it is "very difficult to be positive" as "Kafkaesque" rules continue to lose Cycloc money.

Reviewing the company's original bike storage product in 2009, we described it as "elegant, simple, expensive bike storage that's more penthouse than outhouse" and Cycloc has since brought out numerous new products, including the Super Hero below.
cycloc super hero3.jpg

However, Lang outlined how business has been affected by Brexit, saying it is disappointing to have lost out having "remained faithful" to manufacturing in the UK.

"It is very disappointing. I am a naturally optimistic person, but in a sense it is very difficult to be positive," he said.

"One of the things that is quite disappointing about this whole process is that from the outset, we made an active decision to manufacture in the UK. We've remained faithful to that and it feels as though the UK government hasn’t necessarily helped us.

"We have about half a dozen products in the pipeline that are in a very advanced stage but we've not been able to commit the capital to bring those to the market yet because of the other Brexit costs and problems we’ve been confronted with."

Cycloc had been enjoying success pre-referendum, with turnover of £450,000 and 10,000 units sold in the EU each year, however seven years later the picture is less positive — a 25 per cent decline in sales and a £100,000 hole in revenues.

The impact was not immediate but once rules came into effect in January 2021 business slowed and the company took a hit when Amazon stopped fulfilling orders for individual EU customers purchasing from the UK.

Head of operations Clare Lowe notes another problem with some "EU distributors stopping placing orders, citing cost of shipping and customs clearance as prohibitive".

Cycloc hoped opening a warehouse in the Netherlands would mean paperwork could be filled in with every truckload from Dover, rather than on each individual order, but this still racked up £10,000 in overheads.

Lowe explained that it was obvious EU sales were "not going to recover to their pre-Brexit levels" meaning the warehouse would be operating at a loss.

"To say the Brexit process was gritty is an understatement," she said. "Within 12 months of having got it up and running, we just had to take this decision to close it because it wasn't covering its costs."

Head of marketing Patron McCleary explained how the focus has now turned to being "reactive" and trying to tap into new markets in the US, Asia, Australia and South Africa.

"In places like China or Hong Kong I'm having to learn a lot about the culture, about buying habits, and how British products are viewed. It would have been easier in Europe, but because of how bad Brexit actually was, we've actually had to be quite reactive rather than being proactive," he said.

The situation forced the Netherlands warehouse's closure, meaning products are now sold direct to EU customers via an automated "import one-stop shop" in Ireland, and has left Lang questioning why the government has not done more to support British manufacturers.
Brexit - via flickr creative commons

Various small businesses within the cycling industry struggled to adapt to the changes at the end of the transition period, Dutch Bike Bits were just one of the brands to stop accepting orders from UK customers due to a change in VAT rules.

Three months later, in April 2021, the co-owner of Frog Bikes — the children's bike manufacturer based out of a factory in Pontypool — said Brexit had cost him an extra £250,000 in the first two months of the year.

"I couldn't say there was anything positive," Jerry Lawson said at the time.. "There's extra paperwork, and there are extra costs. And there's a whole lot of unknown.

"The paperwork is also incredible. To begin with, some of the countries wanted the paperwork in their language. Now we send them a commercial invoice with a whole lot of customs information. Plus, it's four or five times we have to print it.

Prendas Ciclismo, perhaps best known for its reissues of some of the most iconic cycling jerseys including the Molteni kit once sported by Eddy Merckx and La Vie Claire as worn by Bernard Hinault and Greg LeMond, also scaled back its operations due to the impact of Brexit on the business that summer..

https://road.cc/content/news/brexit-cost-cycloc-bike-storage-25-sales-298815

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3a19jF4aqpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21546&group=uk.rec.cycling#21546

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost
Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals
Date: 24 Jan 2023 12:29:39 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 12:29 UTC

This report mentions a number of years, the latest being April 2021. It is
unclear from this road.cc story what time span is being referred to.

Note that it would appear from this less-than-clear account that the reason
for the drop in EU sales was due to EU companies choosing not to comply
with UK tax rules. Tax was paid before Brexit came into being, it is just
the mechanism that has changed.

And it seems a work-around has been found, although somewhat late in the
day.

Oh! And this is a road.cc report of an article in The Guardian. Enough
said….

--
Spike

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<34402251-57ec-4053-8e86-8f690d9bff08n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21552&group=uk.rec.cycling#21552

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 06:25:57 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 14:25 UTC

BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
7 likes
The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently. Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen. Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3a8i1F5d16U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21556&group=uk.rec.cycling#21556

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals
Date: 24 Jan 2023 14:33:37 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 14:33 UTC

> BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
> 7 likes
>
> The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently.
> Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen.
> Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was predicted
> - except by the swivel eyed brigade.

Yes, even the EU had regretted the amounts of paperwork it imposed on UK
exports and is now in talks about changes. Millions could have predicted
the EU’s imposition, bearing in mind Jean-Claude Junker’s gauche attempts
to influence the Brexit vote in the run up to the referendum.

--
Spike

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<131cf85a-40b6-4910-981f-8be5d378fdafn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21558&group=uk.rec.cycling#21558

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 06:35:24 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 14:35 UTC

levestane | 51 posts | 25 min ago
0 likes
I think Brexit was about English sovereignty, whatever that is.

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<f890790a-e60c-4287-b123-e693ba5b0792n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21560&group=uk.rec.cycling#21560

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 06:41:47 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 14:41 UTC

nniff | 572 posts | 22 hours ago
13 likes

My favourite joke at Christmas this year was about the Brexit advent calendar - every day, another door closes.

It would be funny if it weren't true. Off to the Alps at the weekend - got little stickers for the number plates, not sure if we're allowed to take food in the car for the journey, still trying to find out if I need a green card. The dog could come, but he's unacceptable unless he has the same paperwork as a cow.

Don't get me started on the trials of buying a house in the EU - a long-term plan now showing ominous engine fire and oil pressure warning lights....

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3ab4bF5oguU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21561&group=uk.rec.cycling#21561

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals
Date: 24 Jan 2023 15:17:31 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 15:17 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> nniff | 572 posts | 22 hours ago
> 13 likes

> My favourite joke at Christmas this year was about the Brexit advent
> calendar - every day, another door closes.

> It would be funny if it weren't true. Off to the Alps at the weekend -
> got little stickers for the number plates, not sure if we're allowed to
> take food in the car for the journey, still trying to find out if I need a green card.

I have no intention of going to the Alps, but I know about number plate
stickers and green cards.

Take your sandwiches anyway, no-one is going to go ballistic over it.

> The dog could come, but he's unacceptable unless he has the same paperwork as a cow.

Probably that’s because he could carry the same diseases. Honestly, dog
owners 🙄

> Don't get me started on the trials of buying a house in the EU - a
> long-term plan now showing ominous engine fire and oil pressure warning lights....

People bought houses in the EEC, how much harder have the EU made the
process in the intervening 40+ years?

--
Spike

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<f6fe7288-d3ba-42f3-81b3-2e180ad83a2fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21567&group=uk.rec.cycling#21567

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 08:35:19 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 16:35 UTC

Don't think the small businesses are getting across that it's now not worth buying from them for us in the EU. I bought two jerseys last summer that I had to then pay customs on at arrival that was about 40% of the original cost. And I mean the €\£ exchange on arrival and not the slightly better exchange I'd got on the day of purchase!

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3ag91F6g55U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21579&group=uk.rec.cycling#21579

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
sales, founder reveals
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 16:45:21 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 16:45 UTC

On 24/01/2023 11:57 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> The founder and designer of indoor wall-mounted fairy-bike storage manufacturer Cycloc has spoken out about the impact Brexit had on business, with sales down 25 per cent and a £100,000 hole in revenues.

Who CARES?

Seriously, who - of any importance or significance - cares?

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<5c0d0887-36e3-4a4c-bf52-9d3293c87b51n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21580&group=uk.rec.cycling#21580

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 08:47:08 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 16:47 UTC

On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 2:25:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
> 7 likes
>
> The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently. Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen. Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.

jaymack | 347 posts | 1 day ago
12 likes
Brexit, truly the gift that keeps on taking.

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3al5fF78gsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21596&group=uk.rec.cycling#21596

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals
Date: 24 Jan 2023 18:08:47 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 18:08 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
>> 7 likes

>> The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently.
>> Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen.
>> Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was
>> predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.

> jaymack | 347 posts | 1 day ago
> 12 likes

> Brexit, truly the gift that keeps on taking.
WRONG!

The EU was the gift that kept on taking! Got to support those inefficient
French farmers.

--
Spike

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<34ff869a-b1ed-4c65-8bff-2a997366d1d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21604&group=uk.rec.cycling#21604

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:26:23 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: PeterGra...@protonmail.com (Peter Granger)
 by: Peter Granger - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 19:26 UTC

On Tuesday, 24 January 2023 at 18:08:50 UTC, Spike wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >> BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
> >> 7 likes
>
> >> The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently.
> >> Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen.
> >> Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was
> >> predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.

> > jaymack | 347 posts | 1 day ago
> > 12 likes
>
> > Brexit, truly the gift that keeps on taking.
> WRONG!
>
> The EU was the gift that kept on taking! Got to support those inefficient
> French farmers.

Or, indeed, the “grift”.

What’s funny (in a typically depressing Mason way) is that our favourite “soft target” is yet again trying to imply that he’s among the set who are more bothered about skiing holidays in the Alps, and second homes in the sun, than an oversupply of cheap labour and other things that working-class gammon scum inexplicably care about.

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<fae0c8ea-a2d7-482e-9da5-fe5c14d92161n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21613&group=uk.rec.cycling#21613

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 12:15:48 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: swldxer2...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 20:15 UTC

On Tuesday, 24 January 2023 at 16:47:10 UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 2:25:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
> > 7 likes
> >
> > The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently. Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen. Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.
> jaymack | 347 posts | 1 day ago
> 12 likes
>
> Brexit, truly the gift that keeps on taking.

But, but, but, but BLUE PASSPORTS! SUNLIT UPLANDS!! UNICORNS!!! £350m a week for the NHS!!!!

I sometimes listen to James O'Brien on LBC and he often has pro-Brexit voters ringing in to whine about how this isn't the Brexit they voted for.

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3b28iF97meU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21614&group=uk.rec.cycling#21614

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals
Date: 24 Jan 2023 21:52:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 21:52 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer2022@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 January 2023 at 16:47:10 UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 2:25:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
>>> 7 likes
>>>
>>> The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently.
>>> Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen.
>>> Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was
>>> predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.
>> jaymack | 347 posts | 1 day ago
>> 12 likes
>>
>> Brexit, truly the gift that keeps on taking.
>
> But, but, but, but BLUE PASSPORTS! SUNLIT UPLANDS!! UNICORNS!!! £350m a
> week for the NHS!!!!
>
> I sometimes listen to James O'Brien on LBC and he often has pro-Brexit
> voters ringing in to whine about how this isn't the Brexit they voted for.

Oh no…..Not another James O’Brien follower….🙄

--
Spike

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<7042edcd-d160-47f4-857a-60c76b374bbcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21621&group=uk.rec.cycling#21621

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 18:19:47 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: PeterGra...@protonmail.com (Peter Granger)
 by: Peter Granger - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 02:19 UTC

On Tuesday, 24 January 2023 at 21:52:21 UTC, Spike wrote:
> Simon Mason <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> jaymack | 347 posts | 1 day ago
> >> 12 likes
> >>
> >> Brexit, truly the gift that keeps on taking.
> >
> > But, but, but, but BLUE PASSPORTS! SUNLIT UPLANDS!! UNICORNS!!! £350m a
> > week for the NHS!!!!
> >
> > I sometimes listen to James O'Brien on LBC and he often has pro-Brexit
> > voters ringing in to whine about how this isn't the Brexit they voted for.
> Oh no…..Not another James O’Brien follower….🙄

Absolutely no surprise, is it? GOB is an actor whose hyperaggressive tantrums appeal to angry, hateful, gullible, mentally damaged people like Mason.

He refuses to debate the many informed Leavers out there; instead, only people who show they don’t know what they’re talking about are let on. Much of the time, they get on Remoaners pretending to be Leavers (or pretending to be Leave voters who have since changed their minds).

Incidentally, Big JOB is another one who, similar to Mason, didn’t even have an opinion about Brexit until after the referendum. It was decided in some meeting that suddenly being outraged about the voters’ decision would be good for viewing figures.

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<b0d50fbf-57d6-4953-b510-a13c2ac33163n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21626&group=uk.rec.cycling#21626

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 22:07:22 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 06:07 UTC

On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 2:25:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
> 7 likes
>
> The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently. Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen. Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.

I work with a number of people who voted for Brexit. I made a comment about how Brexit has messed things up last week. There was an embarrassed silence. They know but can't quite admit it yet.

I made another similar comment today that also met with silence. Previously, the Brexit supporters would've responded loudly and vociferously.

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3cc6qFf7kuU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21632&group=uk.rec.cycling#21632

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals
Date: 25 Jan 2023 09:48:10 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 09:48 UTC

> On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 2:25:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
>> 7 likes
>>
>> The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently.
>> Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen.
>> Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was
>> predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.
>
> I work with a number of people who voted for Brexit. I made a comment
> about how Brexit has messed things up last week. There was an embarrassed
> silence. They know but can't quite admit it yet.
>
> I made another similar comment today that also met with silence.
> Previously, the Brexit supporters would've responded loudly and vociferously.

All that is, is evidence of an antisocial mindset.

Perhaps you got no answers because, like most people who play one-string
fiddles, you’re boring and repetitive. And for all we know, they’ve
answered your jibes before.

--
Spike

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3cc6pFf7kuU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21633&group=uk.rec.cycling#21633

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals
Date: 25 Jan 2023 09:48:09 GMT

Peter Granger <PeterGranger@protonmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 January 2023 at 21:52:21 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Simon Mason <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> But, but, but, but BLUE PASSPORTS! SUNLIT UPLANDS!! UNICORNS!!! £350m a
>>> week for the NHS!!!!
>>>
>>> I sometimes listen to James O'Brien on LBC and he often has pro-Brexit
>>> voters ringing in to whine about how this isn't the Brexit they voted for.
>> Oh no…..Not another James O’Brien follower….🙄
>
> Absolutely no surprise, is it? GOB is an actor whose hyperaggressive
> tantrums appeal to angry, hateful, gullible, mentally damaged people like Mason.
>
> He refuses to debate the many informed Leavers out there; instead, only
> people who show they don’t know what they’re talking about are let on.
> Much of the time, they get on Remoaners pretending to be Leavers (or
> pretending to be Leave voters who have since changed their minds).
>
> Incidentally, Big JOB is another one who, similar to Mason, didn’t even
> have an opinion about Brexit until after the referendum. It was decided
> in some meeting that suddenly being outraged about the voters’ decision
> would be good for viewing figures.

And people fall for it! And what’s worse, they have the vote!

--
Spike

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<8c9ef274-aedb-4a8d-9b18-eed03d5ce867n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21637&group=uk.rec.cycling#21637

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 03:33:33 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 11:33 UTC

On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 6:07:24 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 2:25:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
> > 7 likes
> >
> > The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently. Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen. Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.
> I work with a number of people who voted for Brexit. I made a comment about how Brexit has messed things up last week. There was an embarrassed silence. They know but can't quite admit it yet.
>
> I made another similar comment today that also met with silence. Previously, the Brexit supporters would've responded loudly and vociferously.

They don't look very happy, do they?
Gammon plants on BBC QT.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnUJuGAXwAE6NQv?format=jpg&name=medium

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3cn8nFgrdkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21646&group=uk.rec.cycling#21646

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals
Date: 25 Jan 2023 12:56:55 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 12:56 UTC

> On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 6:07:24 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 2:25:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
>>> 7 likes
>>>
>>> The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently.
>>> Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen.
>>> Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was
>>> predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.
>> I work with a number of people who voted for Brexit. I made a comment
>> about how Brexit has messed things up last week. There was an
>> embarrassed silence. They know but can't quite admit it yet.
>>
>> I made another similar comment today that also met with silence.
>> Previously, the Brexit supporters would've responded loudly and vociferously.
>
> They don't look very happy, do they?
> Gammon plants on BBC QT.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnUJuGAXwAE6NQv?format=jpg&name=medium

Photoshop.

--
Spike

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3cnjcFgpc4U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21648&group=uk.rec.cycling#21648

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
sales, founder reveals
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 13:02:37 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 13:02 UTC

....talking to himself yet again, said:

>> On Tuesday, 24 January 2023 at 16:47:10 UTC, swldx...@gmail.com...

....talking to himself yet again, said:

>>> Brexit, truly the gift that keeps on taking.
>
>> But, but, but, but BLUE PASSPORTS! SUNLIT UPLANDS!! UNICORNS!!! £350m a
>> week for the NHS!!!!
>> I sometimes listen to James O'Brien on LBC and he often has pro-Brexit
>> voters ringing in to whine about how this isn't the Brexit they voted for.

> Oh no…..Not another James O’Brien follower….🙄

One could easily have predicted it.

He probably looks up to O'Brien.

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3cnkfFgpc4U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21649&group=uk.rec.cycling#21649

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
sales, founder reveals
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 13:03:13 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 13:03 UTC

On 25/01/2023 02:19 am, Peter Granger wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 January 2023 at 21:52:21 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> Simon Mason <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> But, but, but, but BLUE PASSPORTS! SUNLIT UPLANDS!! UNICORNS!!! £350m a
>>> week for the NHS!!!!
>>>
>>> I sometimes listen to James O'Brien on LBC and he often has pro-Brexit
>>> voters ringing in to whine about how this isn't the Brexit they voted for.
>> Oh no…..Not another James O’Brien follower….🙄
>
> Absolutely no surprise, is it? GOB is an actor whose hyperaggressive tantrums appeal to angry, hateful, gullible, mentally damaged people like Mason.

+1.

> He refuses to debate the many informed Leavers out there; instead, only people who show they don’t know what they’re talking about are let on. Much of the time, they get on Remoaners pretending to be Leavers (or pretending to be Leave voters who have since changed their minds).
>
> Incidentally, Big JOB is another one who, similar to Mason, didn’t even have an opinion about Brexit until after the referendum. It was decided in some meeting that suddenly being outraged about the voters’ decision would be good for viewing figures.

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<5e66c3d9-731f-4e62-8a3d-4b98735c5a2cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21652&group=uk.rec.cycling#21652

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 05:17:23 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: PeterGra...@protonmail.com (Peter Granger)
 by: Peter Granger - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 13:17 UTC

On Wednesday, 25 January 2023 at 09:48:12 UTC, Spike wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 2:25:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
> >> 7 likes
> >>
> >> The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently.
> >> Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen.
> >> Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was
> >> predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.
> >
> > I work with a number of people who voted for Brexit. I made a comment
> > about how Brexit has messed things up last week. There was an embarrassed
> > silence. They know but can't quite admit it yet.
> >
> > I made another similar comment today that also met with silence.
> > Previously, the Brexit supporters would've responded loudly and vociferously.
> All that is, is evidence of an antisocial mindset.
>
> Perhaps you got no answers because, like most people who play one-string
> fiddles, you’re boring and repetitive. And for all we know, they’ve
> answered your jibes before.

Absolutely. If this person is anything like Mason and the #FBPE lot on Twitter, it’s just the same few obnoxious lies again and again. Discussions with such narcissistic, brainwashed idiots produce only heat and no light. Pigeons and chessboards come to mind.

I immediately block them on Twitter. I get so fed up with them so blatantly wanting Brexit, and the UK, to fail.

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<k3cqsbFhcpaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21654&group=uk.rec.cycling#21654

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals
Date: 25 Jan 2023 13:58:35 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 13:58 UTC

Peter Granger <PeterGranger@protonmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 25 January 2023 at 09:48:12 UTC, Spike wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I work with a number of people who voted for Brexit. I made a comment
>>> about how Brexit has messed things up last week. There was an embarrassed
>>> silence. They know but can't quite admit it yet.

>>> I made another similar comment today that also met with silence.
>>> Previously, the Brexit supporters would've responded loudly and vociferously.
>> All that is, is evidence of an antisocial mindset.

>> Perhaps you got no answers because, like most people who play one-string
>> fiddles, you’re boring and repetitive. And for all we know, they’ve
>> answered your jibes before.

> Absolutely. If this person is anything like Mason and the #FBPE lot on
> Twitter, it’s just the same few obnoxious lies again and again.
> Discussions with such narcissistic, brainwashed idiots produce only heat
> and no light. Pigeons and chessboards come to mind.

> I immediately block them on Twitter. I get so fed up with them so
> blatantly wanting Brexit, and the UK, to fail.

It’s odds on that the ‘rejoin’ movement started the morning after the
referendum, beginning with the erroneous lies about the voting, the result,
and Brexit failings. Until something substantial comes along to boost the
movement, they are having to rely on the useful idiots parroting the same
old tropes that we know so well.

One thing you can bet your bottom dollar on, is that Rejoin won’t be
insisting on the same supermajority that they claimed should have been used
for the Referendum, that is, if we’re actually allowed a vote on it.

Can’t rely on democracy coming up with the right answer - the EU worked
that out a long time ago.

--
Spike

Re: "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals

<c2e45eb8-c143-4cda-94a2-61dcf9fc1e5cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21660&group=uk.rec.cycling#21660

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 06:12:02 -0800 (PST)
sales, founder reveals
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 14:12 UTC

On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 11:33:35 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 6:07:24 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 2:25:59 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 707 posts | 7 hours ago
> > > 7 likes
> > >
> > > The Confederation of British Industry said exactly the same recently. Millions of sensible and knowledgeable people said this would happen. Brexit has increased red tape and shrunk growth. Exactly as was predicted - except by the swivel eyed brigade.
> > I work with a number of people who voted for Brexit. I made a comment about how Brexit has messed things up last week. There was an embarrassed silence. They know but can't quite admit it yet.
> >
> > I made another similar comment today that also met with silence. Previously, the Brexit supporters would've responded loudly and vociferously.
> They don't look very happy, do they?
> Gammon plants on BBC QT.

Even GBeebies gets a good hiding from rejoiners. :-)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnUuBTTWQAA9lcT?format=jpg&name=small

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / "It is very difficult to be positive": Brexit lost Cycloc 25% of sales, founder reveals