Who needs friends when you can sit alone in your room and drink?

aus+uk / aus.cars / Car Servicing

SubjectAuthor
* Car ServicingYosemite Sam
+* Re: Car ServicingYosemite Sam

Pages:1234
Car Servicing

<k2rrmsFrsvhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22127&group=aus.cars#22127

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Car Servicing
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:28:23 +1100
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.14
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 03:28 UTC

had the Lancer serviced this week at the dealership. it was the last of
my fixed price services for $230, so I asked how much the next one would
be, which is the 48 month/60 service, and I was told $700! yikes! what
on earth could/would they do that would warrant that cost?

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Car Servicing

<k2rv26Fsbt2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22129&group=aus.cars#22129

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Car Servicing
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:25:36 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 04:25 UTC

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Car Servicing

<k2rvnmFsdblU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22130&group=aus.cars#22130

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:37:10 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 04:37 UTC

On 19-Jan-23 3:25 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> had the Lancer serviced this week at the dealership. it was the last
>> of my fixed price services for $230, so I asked how much the next one
>> would be, which is the 48 month / 60K klms service, and I was told
>> $700! yikes! what on earth could/would they do that would warrant that
>> cost?

All the things that got shifted to the 48 month service to keep them out
of the fixed price service work.

That said, I seem to remember the Subaru services running along the
lines of minor, moderate, minor major, minor moderate, minor, huge, and
repeat.

It might be worth finding yourself a competent (and honest) local
mechanic, if you can.

Sylvia.

Re: Car Servicing

<tqaj44$19kuc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22131&group=aus.cars#22131

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:06:11 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 05:06 UTC

On 19/01/2023 11:28 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> had the Lancer serviced this week at the dealership. it was the last of
> my fixed price services for $230, so I asked how much the next one would
> be, which is the 48 month/60 service, and I was told $700! yikes! what
> on earth could/would they do that would warrant that cost?

Have a look in the service book. You'll notice a few items that are
getting attention for the first time since new, the more costly ones :-)

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Car Servicing

<tqampn$1epen$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22132&group=aus.cars#22132

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:08:55 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 06:08 UTC

On 19/01/2023 3:37 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 19-Jan-23 3:25 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> had the Lancer serviced this week at the dealership. it was the last
>>> of my fixed price services for $230, so I asked how much the next one
>>> would be, which is the 48 month / 60K klms service, and I was told
>>> $700! yikes! what on earth could/would they do that would warrant
>>> that cost?
>>

> All the things that got shifted to the 48 month service to keep them out
> of the fixed price service work.

That's not how it works.

The manufacturer's service schedule is always followed, and it would be
a very brave dealership indeed who thought pushing back regular service
procedures in the interests of making "fixed price" agreements
profitable was a smart idea. Generally "fixed price" servicing
arrangement are a factory sponsored sales incentive, and in many cases
dealerships get compensated by the factory as part of the arrangement.

You'll also find for the first three years or so the servicing schedule
on most cars is minor up to that point with intermediate and major
services not coming into play until the 60k km mark as Felix is about to
find out.

Of course, being the ridiculous tight arse that he is he's going to hate
paying 700 bucks for an oil change and fluid top up, but he's going to
absolutely *shit* once he hits 90k kms and the engine needs a timing belt :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Car Servicing

<k2s6njFterlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22134&group=aus.cars#22134

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:36:29 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 06:36 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 3:37 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:

>> All the things that got shifted to the 48 month service to keep them
>> out of the fixed price service work.
>
> That's not how it works.
>
> The manufacturer's service schedule is always followed, and it would
> be a very brave dealership indeed who thought pushing back regular
> service procedures in the interests of making "fixed price" agreements
> profitable was a smart idea. Generally "fixed price" servicing
> arrangement are a factory sponsored sales incentive, and in many cases
> dealerships get compensated by the factory as part of the arrangement.
>
> You'll also find for the first three years or so the servicing
> schedule on most cars is minor up to that point with intermediate and
> major services not coming into play until the 60k km mark as Felix is
> about to find out.
>
> Of course, being the ridiculous tight arse that he is he's going to
> hate paying 700 bucks for an oil change and fluid top up, but he's
> going to absolutely *shit* once he hits 90k kms and the engine needs a
> timing belt :)

dickhead. no one in their right mind (that excludes you of course) would
*want* to pay $700 for a car service.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Car Servicing

<63c8e604$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22135&group=aus.cars#22135

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:41:08 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 06:41 UTC

On 19/01/2023 2:36 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>>> All the things that got shifted to the 48 month service to keep them
>>> out of the fixed price service work.
>>
>> That's not how it works.
>>
>> The manufacturer's service schedule is always followed, and it would
>> be a very brave dealership indeed who thought pushing back regular
>> service procedures in the interests of making "fixed price" agreements
>> profitable was a smart idea. Generally "fixed price" servicing
>> arrangement are a factory sponsored sales incentive, and in many cases
>> dealerships get compensated by the factory as part of the arrangement.
>>
>> You'll also find for the first three years or so the servicing
>> schedule on most cars is minor up to that point with intermediate and
>> major services not coming into play until the 60k km mark as Felix is
>> about to find out.
>>
>> Of course, being the ridiculous tight arse that he is he's going to
>> hate paying 700 bucks for an oil change and fluid top up, but he's
>> going to absolutely *shit* once he hits 90k kms and the engine needs a
>> timing belt :)
>>

> dickhead. no one in their right mind (that excludes you of course) would
> *want* to pay $700 for a car service.

What engine is in yours? (I think you will find that it doesn't even
have a timing belt :-)

Re: Car Servicing

<k2s76tFtgssU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22136&group=aus.cars#22136

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:44:39 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 06:44 UTC

Clocky wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 11:28 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> had the Lancer serviced this week at the dealership. it was the last
>> of my fixed price services for $230, so I asked how much the next one
>> would be, which is the 48 month/60 service, and I was told $700!
>> yikes! what on earth could/would they do that would warrant that cost?
>>

> Have a look in the service book. You'll notice a few items that are
> getting attention for the first time since new, the more costly ones :-)

The service book doesn't have the servicing schedule, which I've always
thought a bit strange, but it's available on the net ..
https://tinyurl.com/mt287p4

The only thing I notice that's different to the preceding services is
replacement of the brake fluid, so I think they're having me on charging
$700! I'll definitely be shopping around!

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Car Servicing

<k2s7oiFthrnU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22138&group=aus.cars#22138

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:54:06 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 06:54 UTC

Clocky wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 2:36 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:

>>> That's not how it works.
>>>
>>> The manufacturer's service schedule is always followed, and it would
>>> be a very brave dealership indeed who thought pushing back regular
>>> service procedures in the interests of making "fixed price"
>>> agreements profitable was a smart idea. Generally "fixed price"
>>> servicing arrangement are a factory sponsored sales incentive, and
>>> in many cases dealerships get compensated by the factory as part of
>>> the arrangement.
>>>
>>> You'll also find for the first three years or so the servicing
>>> schedule on most cars is minor up to that point with intermediate
>>> and major services not coming into play until the 60k km mark as
>>> Felix is about to find out.
>>>
>>> Of course, being the ridiculous tight arse that he is he's going to
>>> hate paying 700 bucks for an oil change and fluid top up, but he's
>>> going to absolutely *shit* once he hits 90k kms and the engine needs
>>> a timing belt :)
>>>

>> dickhead. no one in their right mind (that excludes you of course)
>> would *want* to pay $700 for a car service.
>>

> What engine is in yours?

I have no idea, lol

> (I think you will find that it doesn't even have a timing belt :-)

yep! no mention of it on the servicing schedule ..
https://tinyurl.com/mt287p4 so noddy's wrong again, APU. a case of fools
rush in, where mechanics fear to tread!  :)

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Car Servicing

<63c8ea6b$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22139&group=aus.cars#22139

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:59:54 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 06:59 UTC

On 19/01/2023 2:44 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>> On 19/01/2023 11:28 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> had the Lancer serviced this week at the dealership. it was the last
>>> of my fixed price services for $230, so I asked how much the next one
>>> would be, which is the 48 month/60 service, and I was told $700!
>>> yikes! what on earth could/would they do that would warrant that cost?
>>>

>> Have a look in the service book. You'll notice a few items that are
>> getting attention for the first time since new, the more costly ones :-)
>>

> The service book doesn't have the servicing schedule, which I've always
> thought a bit strange, but it's available on the net ..
> https://tinyurl.com/mt287p4
>
> The only thing I notice that's different to the preceding services is
> replacement of the brake fluid, so I think they're having me on charging
> $700! I'll definitely be shopping around!

Maybe they are factoring in ups-sells already and just priming you :-)

Be aware that franchises are onto that caper too, so don't assume any of
them won't try it on.

Better if you know a local independent you can trust.

Re: Car Servicing

<63c8eebd$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22140&group=aus.cars#22140

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:18:20 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 07:18 UTC

On 19/01/2023 2:54 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Clocky wrote:

>>> dickhead. no one in their right mind (that excludes you of course)
>>> would *want* to pay $700 for a car service.
>>>

>> What engine is in yours?
>
> I have no idea, lol
>
>> (I think you will find that it doesn't even have a timing belt :-)
>>

> yep! no mention of it on the servicing schedule ..
> https://tinyurl.com/mt287p4 so noddy's wrong again, APU. a case of fools
> rush in, where mechanics fear to tread!  :)

He can always be relied on to make a complete c&*# out of himself :-)

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Car Servicing

<k2salqFtt6sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22141&group=aus.cars#22141

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 18:43:54 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 07:43 UTC

On 19/1/2023 3:37 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 19-Jan-23 3:25 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> had the Lancer serviced this week at the dealership. it was the last
>>> of my fixed price services for $230, so I asked how much the next one
>>> would be, which is the 48 month / 60K klms service, and I was told
>>> $700! yikes! what on earth could/would they do that would warrant
>>> that cost?
>>

> All the things that got shifted to the 48 month service to keep them out
> of the fixed price service work.

Not likely, not much needs servicing for the first 48mths or 60k, the
48mth service would be much more extensive and would/could include air
filter, spark plugs, change coolant, change trans oil and filter, change
brake fluid, maybe brake pads all on top of the normal engine oil and
filter change.
Exactly what is scheduled in the major service would be listed in the
service section of the owners manual.

> That said, I seem to remember the Subaru services running along the
> lines of minor, moderate, minor major, minor moderate, minor, huge, and
> repeat.

All pretty normal stuff.
By today's standards $700 for a car major service is far from expensive

> It might be worth finding yourself a competent (and honest) local
> mechanic, if you can.

Not bad advice but finding a good local mechanic is almost as difficult
as finding a good dealer service dept.

--
Daryl

Re: Car Servicing

<tqao52$1f5f5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22142&group=aus.cars#22142

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 14:31:54 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 06:31 UTC

On 19/01/2023 2:08 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 3:37 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:

>> All the things that got shifted to the 48 month service to keep them
>> out of the fixed price service work.
>
> That's not how it works.
>
> The manufacturer's service schedule is always followed, and it would be
> a very brave dealership indeed who thought pushing back regular service
> procedures in the interests of making "fixed price" agreements
> profitable was a smart idea. Generally "fixed price" servicing
> arrangement are a factory sponsored sales incentive, and in many cases
> dealerships get compensated by the factory as part of the arrangement.
>
> You'll also find for the first three years or so the servicing schedule
> on most cars is minor up to that point with intermediate and major
> services not coming into play until the 60k km mark as Felix is about to
> find out.

Onya twit... what do you think she meant?

> Of course, being the ridiculous tight arse that he is he's going to hate
> paying 700 bucks for an oil change and fluid top up, but he's going to
> absolutely *shit* once he hits 90k kms and the engine needs a timing
> belt :)

Only if he takes it to some unqualified shonk who would charge $100 just
to bodge up a rusted out muffler and who doesn't know how to do basic
EFI diagnostics...

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Car Servicing

<k2sja3Fmn0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22144&group=aus.cars#22144

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 21:11:15 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 10:11 UTC

On 19/1/23 17:36, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>>> All the things that got shifted to the 48 month service to keep them
>>> out of the fixed price service work.
>>
>> That's not how it works.
>>
>> The manufacturer's service schedule is always followed, and it would
>> be a very brave dealership indeed who thought pushing back regular
>> service procedures in the interests of making "fixed price" agreements
>> profitable was a smart idea. Generally "fixed price" servicing
>> arrangement are a factory sponsored sales incentive, and in many cases
>> dealerships get compensated by the factory as part of the arrangement.
>>
>> You'll also find for the first three years or so the servicing
>> schedule on most cars is minor up to that point with intermediate and
>> major services not coming into play until the 60k km mark as Felix is
>> about to find out.
>>
>> Of course, being the ridiculous tight arse that he is he's going to
>> hate paying 700 bucks for an oil change and fluid top up, but he's
>> going to absolutely *shit* once he hits 90k kms and the engine needs a
>> timing belt :)
>>

> dickhead. no one in their right mind (that excludes you of course) would
> *want* to pay $700 for a car service.

Depends on what said car service entails. You can verify that for
yourself by running through the details for each service, typically
listed as A, B or C, with A being the most basic. As well, you will find
interspersed through the services, extras such as timing belts and the
like. You might find such things as coolant and trans fluid changes
missing due to *lifetime fluids*. My suggestion is to change such fluids
at regular intervals. I do trans and coolant fluid at 100k klms. What is
at odds here is the difference between what *you* consider the life of
the car versus what the manufacturer/dealership does. They would like
you to change you car at 100k or thereabouts and that is way short of
what *I* consider a car's life.
--
Xeno

Re: Car Servicing

<k2sr3nF371bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22148&group=aus.cars#22148

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 23:24:21 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:24 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 19/1/23 17:36, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:

>>> That's not how it works.
>>>
>>> The manufacturer's service schedule is always followed, and it would
>>> be a very brave dealership indeed who thought pushing back regular
>>> service procedures in the interests of making "fixed price"
>>> agreements profitable was a smart idea. Generally "fixed price"
>>> servicing arrangement are a factory sponsored sales incentive, and
>>> in many cases dealerships get compensated by the factory as part of
>>> the arrangement.
>>>
>>> You'll also find for the first three years or so the servicing
>>> schedule on most cars is minor up to that point with intermediate
>>> and major services not coming into play until the 60k km mark as
>>> Felix is about to find out.
>>>
>>> Of course, being the ridiculous tight arse that he is he's going to
>>> hate paying 700 bucks for an oil change and fluid top up, but he's
>>> going to absolutely *shit* once he hits 90k kms and the engine needs
>>> a timing belt :)
>>>

>> dickhead. no one in their right mind (that excludes you of course)
>> would *want* to pay $700 for a car service.
>>
> Depends on what said car service entails. You can verify that for
> yourself by running through the details for each service, typically
> listed as A, B or C, with A being the most basic. As well, you will
> find interspersed through the services, extras such as timing belts
> and the like. You might find such things as coolant and trans fluid
> changes missing due to *lifetime fluids*. My suggestion is to change
> such fluids at regular intervals. I do trans and coolant fluid at 100k
> klms. What is at odds here is the difference between what *you*
> consider the life of the car versus what the manufacturer/dealership
> does. They would like you to change you car at 100k or thereabouts and
> that is way short of what *I* consider a car's life.

but as I said, no one *wants* to spend $700 on a service, regardless of
what it entails. and as I said to Clocky, the only extra thing was brake
fluid replacement.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Car Servicing

<tqbdtj$1hvht$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22150&group=aus.cars#22150

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 23:43:31 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:43 UTC

On 19/01/2023 6:43 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 19/1/2023 3:37 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:

>> It might be worth finding yourself a competent (and honest) local
>> mechanic, if you can.
>>

> Not bad advice but finding a good local mechanic is almost as difficult
> as finding a good dealer service dept.

He could bring it over here and I'd do it for him. Not only would he get
first class professional service in a well equipped workshop, but he
could get a free cup of coffee while he looked at all my certificates
and papers :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Car Servicing

<k2ssdaF3c2jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22152&group=aus.cars#22152

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 23:46:34 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:46 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 6:43 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 19/1/2023 3:37 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>
>>> It might be worth finding yourself a competent (and honest) local
>>> mechanic, if you can.
>>>

>> Not bad advice but finding a good local mechanic is almost as
>> difficult as finding a good dealer service dept.
>
> He could bring it over here and I'd do it for him. Not only would he
> get first class professional service in a well equipped workshop, but
> he could get a free cup of coffee while he looked at all my
> certificates and papers :)

wot no tv??

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Car Servicing

<k2sspfF3dbgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22153&group=aus.cars#22153

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 23:53:03 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:53 UTC

Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 19-Jan-23 3:25 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> had the Lancer serviced this week at the dealership. it was the last
>>> of my fixed price services for $230, so I asked how much the next
>>> one would be, which is the 48 month / 60K klms service, and I was
>>> told $700! yikes! what on earth could/would they do that would
>>> warrant that cost?
>>

> All the things that got shifted to the 48 month service to keep them
> out of the fixed price service work.
>
> That said, I seem to remember the Subaru services running along the
> lines of minor, moderate, minor major, minor moderate, minor, huge,
> and repeat.
>
> It might be worth finding yourself a competent (and honest) local
> mechanic, if you can.

well I don't have to think about it for another 12 months, but I will
certainly be considering my options. this is the link for the servicing
schedule in case you're interested .. https://tinyurl.com/mt287p4

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Car Servicing

<k2st1dF3eqaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22154&group=aus.cars#22154

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 23:57:17 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:57 UTC

On 19/1/23 23:43, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 6:43 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 19/1/2023 3:37 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>
>>> It might be worth finding yourself a competent (and honest) local
>>> mechanic, if you can.
>>>

>> Not bad advice but finding a good local mechanic is almost as
>> difficult as finding a good dealer service dept.
>
> He could bring it over here and I'd do it for him. Not only would he get
> first class professional service in a well equipped workshop, but he
> could get a free cup of coffee while he looked at all my certificates
> and papers :)

That imagination of yours Darren, it's working overtime again! Careful,
the bullshit will get all over your clean floor and polished tools.

--
Xeno

Re: Car Servicing

<63c9468b$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22155&group=aus.cars#22155

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 21:32:58 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:32 UTC

On 19/01/2023 8:46 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>>> Not bad advice but finding a good local mechanic is almost as
>>> difficult as finding a good dealer service dept.
>>
>> He could bring it over here and I'd do it for him. Not only would he
>> get first class professional service in a well equipped workshop, but
>> he could get a free cup of coffee while he looked at all my
>> certificates and papers :)
>>

> wot no tv??

lol @ "first class professional", that's nice icing on the shit cake.

He must a real qualified mechanic on standby!

Call his bluff and watch the excuses roll in.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Car Servicing

<63c94766$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22156&group=aus.cars#22156

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: yep...@ausics.net (Clocky)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 21:36:37 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 13:36 UTC

On 19/01/2023 8:57 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 19/1/23 23:43, Noddy wrote:

>>> Not bad advice but finding a good local mechanic is almost as
>>> difficult as finding a good dealer service dept.
>>
>> He could bring it over here and I'd do it for him. Not only would he
>> get first class professional service in a well equipped workshop, but
>> he could get a free cup of coffee while he looked at all my
>> certificates and papers :)
>>

> That imagination of yours Darren, it's working overtime again! Careful,
> the bullshit will get all over your clean floor and polished tools.

That will at least give him something to do other than dream up more
delusions of grandeur.

"Delusions of grandeur are associated with narcissistic personality
disorder (NPD), which is a mental health diagnosis listed in the
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). A
narcissistic personality may cause people to greatly overestimate their
own importance and believe in their own uniqueness."

That's the one :-)

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Car Servicing

<k2tqktF7qq2U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22164&group=aus.cars#22164

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 08:22:37 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 21:22 UTC

On 19/1/2023 11:43 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 6:43 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 19/1/2023 3:37 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>
>>> It might be worth finding yourself a competent (and honest) local
>>> mechanic, if you can.
>>>

>> Not bad advice but finding a good local mechanic is almost as
>> difficult as finding a good dealer service dept.
>
> He could bring it over here and I'd do it for him. Not only would he get
> first class professional service in a well equipped workshop, but he
> could get a free cup of coffee while he looked at all my certificates
> and papers :)

ROTFL, funny I thought about the same thing, that would be hysterical,
if he accepts I want to be there:-)
I'll even bring my certificates, watching him eat humble pie would be
priceless:-)

--
Daryl

Re: Car Servicing

<k2tvb1F7sb1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22165&group=aus.cars#22165

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 09:42:41 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:42 UTC

On 19-Jan-23 5:08 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/01/2023 3:37 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:

>> All the things that got shifted to the 48 month service to keep them
>> out of the fixed price service work.
>
> That's not how it works.
>
> The manufacturer's service schedule is always followed, and it would be
> a very brave dealership indeed who thought pushing back regular service
> procedures in the interests of making "fixed price" agreements
> profitable was a smart idea. Generally "fixed price" servicing
> arrangement are a factory sponsored sales incentive, and in many cases
> dealerships get compensated by the factory as part of the arrangement.

I'm assuming the manufacturer is complicit in this.

Sylvia.

Re: Car Servicing

<k2tvrvF8lt0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22166&group=aus.cars#22166

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: 19 Jan 2023 22:51:43 GMT
 by: Xeno - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 22:51 UTC

Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote:
> On 19/1/2023 11:43 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Not bad advice but finding a good local mechanic is almost as
>>> difficult as finding a good dealer service dept.
>>
>> He could bring it over here and I'd do it for him. Not only would he get
>> first class professional service in a well equipped workshop, but he
>> could get a free cup of coffee while he looked at all my certificates
>> and papers :)
>>

> ROTFL, funny I thought about the same thing, that would be hysterical,
> if he accepts I want to be there:-)
> I'll even bring my certificates, watching him eat humble pie would be
> priceless:-)

Darren eating humble pie, yes, that’s be priceless for sure.

Btw, no one is questioning your possession of a trade certificate. Darren
is the one for whom no records exist on either the trade registration
database or at PROV. That’s a 100% assurance he’s never ever been signed up
to any apprenticeship.

____
Xeno

Re: Car Servicing

<k2u1a5F8rgiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22167&group=aus.cars#22167

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 10:16:21 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 19 Jan 2023 23:16 UTC

On 19/1/23 23:53, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Sylvia Else wrote:

>> All the things that got shifted to the 48 month service to keep them
>> out of the fixed price service work.
>>
>> That said, I seem to remember the Subaru services running along the
>> lines of minor, moderate, minor major, minor moderate, minor, huge,
>> and repeat.
>>
>> It might be worth finding yourself a competent (and honest) local
>> mechanic, if you can.
>
> well I don't have to think about it for another 12 months, but I will
> certainly be considering my options. this is the link for the servicing
> schedule in case you're interested .. https://tinyurl.com/mt287p4

That link doesn't appear to work.

--
Xeno