When I left you, I was but the pupil. Now, I am the master. -- Darth Vader

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

SubjectAuthor
* Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing outswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,Spike
+* Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
> [...]
+* Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,Spike
|`- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,Spike
 `* Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingJNugent
  +* Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
  |`- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,Spike
  `- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,Spike

Pages:12
Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<780c05c5-fcd1-4681-b8d2-c0f070e90b4bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23019&group=uk.rec.cycling#23019

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 11:44:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out
that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 19:44 UTC

Sadiq Khan is facing growing fury over his 'out of touch' assault on motorists today with warnings he will turn London into a haven for rich people who work from home.

Maps have laid bare the extent of the mayor's overhaul of the road network in the capital, with far more 20mph zones planned alongside the massive expansion of the ULEZ.

But there are signs of mounting unrest among Labour MPs at shifting the boundary of the low emission zone to outer London - dragging millions more into its orbit in a bid to cut air pollution.

Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air'.

Transport for London (TfL) confirmed yesterday it is pushing ahead with plans to reduce the speed limits on 137 miles of roads by next year - saying evidence showed it would save lives.

The body is responsible for London's strategic road network, which makes up around 5 per cent of London's 9,190-mile network, but carries 30 per cent of the traffic.

Currently, 68 miles of TfL roads have 20mph speed limits, including everywhere inside the congestion charge area.

Most changes will be from 30mph to 20mph, but there will also be cuts from 40mph to 30mph.

It said a study of zones before and after they had 20mph limits found fatal collisions fell by 25 per cent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11749689/Fury-touch-Sadiq-Khan-war-drivers.html

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k526mgF80g5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23020&group=uk.rec.cycling#23020

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,
Date: 14 Feb 2023 19:45:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 19:45 UTC

MRDA!!!

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<c3df479c-611a-4868-880c-004cc52ca83bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23023&group=uk.rec.cycling#23023

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 11:53:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 19:53 UTC

Analysis of roads that have been reduced from 30mph to 20mph show a 20% fall in casualties and a drop of 30% in road deaths with a 40% decrease in RTA's overall , as added benefits the reduction in speed also improves traffic flow and reduces vehicle damage .... reality not DM propaganda .

Don't argue facts and science, it confuses the gammons.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k527gdF849gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23028&group=uk.rec.cycling#23028

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 14 Feb 2023 19:59:09 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 19:59 UTC

> Analysis of roads that have been reduced from 30mph to 20mph show a 20%
> fall in casualties and a drop of 30% in road deaths with a 40% decrease
> in RTA's overall , as added benefits the reduction in speed also improves
> traffic flow and reduces vehicle damage .... reality not DM propaganda .

> Don't argue facts and science, it confuses the gammons.
Ask yourself how many deaths there would be if the speed limit was reduced
to zero.

Hint: it isn’t zero…

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<25f0b698-720e-4e07-b17e-389d43f11fa8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23030&group=uk.rec.cycling#23030

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 12:03:15 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 20:03 UTC

Patrick Ryan, London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago

The DM hate campaign against Khan knows no end however the vast majority of Londoners would vote for him ahead of a lying Brexit Tory clown any day of the week - People are going to cry over their over polluting and out of date vehicles - If the DM had their way we would still be lighting coal fires and have Route Masters chuffing out bellowing diesel smoke.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k527trF864gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23031&group=uk.rec.cycling#23031

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 14 Feb 2023 20:06:19 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 20:06 UTC

> Patrick Ryan, London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago

> The DM hate campaign against Khan knows no end however the vast majority
> of Londoners would vote for him ahead of a lying Brexit Tory clown any
> day of the week - People are going to cry over their over polluting and
> out of date vehicles - If the DM had their way we would still be lighting
> coal fires and have Route Masters chuffing out bellowing diesel smoke.

Who is Patrick Ryan?

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<bf296293-df26-4eb1-9d13-f85c2ef3452fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23032&group=uk.rec.cycling#23032

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 12:07:53 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 20:07 UTC

On Tuesday, February 14, 2023 at 8:03:17 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Patrick Ryan, London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
>
> The DM hate campaign against Khan knows no end however the vast majority of Londoners would vote for him ahead of a lying Brexit Tory clown any day of the week - People are going to cry over their over polluting and out of date vehicles - If the DM had their way we would still be lighting coal fires and have Route Masters chuffing out bellowing diesel smoke.

skinflintdan, steyning, 2 hours ago

Not to forget the good British coal powered steam locomotives coming and going from all the mainline stations, and smaller steam powered locos pulling carriages on the underground, as they once did. Eh what!

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k54jegFjaflU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23052&group=uk.rec.cycling#23052

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:35:12 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:35 UTC

John Hanratty flatly denied being involved in the A6 murder, rape and
attempted murder.

Of what probative value [look it up, Mason] value is a "flat denial" by
a suspect?

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k54jh1FjaflU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23053&group=uk.rec.cycling#23053

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:36:33 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:36 UTC

On 14/02/2023 08:06 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Patrick Ryan, London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
>
>> The DM hate campaign against Khan knows no end however the vast majority
>> of Londoners would vote for him ahead of a lying Brexit Tory clown any
>> day of the week - People are going to cry over their over polluting and
>> out of date vehicles - If the DM had their way we would still be lighting
>> coal fires and have Route Masters chuffing out bellowing diesel smoke.
>
> Who is Patrick Ryan?

One of the "Mike Collins" sock-puppets.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<3c2ee279-a96d-40ff-be80-cac1a1c1c96an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23060&group=uk.rec.cycling#23060

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 09:59:38 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:59 UTC

Liketocomment, London, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

In London we idolise Khan and love what he is doing for London. The Mail can print these stories but we will always re-elect OUR Sadiq. These are great policies for a greener and more cyclist friendly city.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k54midFjqp8U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23067&group=uk.rec.cycling#23067

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Feb 2023 18:28:29 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:28 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 14/02/2023 08:06 pm, Spike wrote:
>
>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Patrick Ryan, London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
>>
>>> The DM hate campaign against Khan knows no end however the vast majority
>>> of Londoners would vote for him ahead of a lying Brexit Tory clown any
>>> day of the week - People are going to cry over their over polluting and
>>> out of date vehicles - If the DM had their way we would still be lighting
>>> coal fires and have Route Masters chuffing out bellowing diesel smoke.

>> Who is Patrick Ryan?

> One of the "Mike Collins" sock-puppets.

Ah! Thanks.

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k54midFjqp8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23069&group=uk.rec.cycling#23069

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Feb 2023 18:28:29 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:28 UTC

> Liketocomment, London, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
>
> In London we idolise Khan and love what he is doing for London. The Mail
> can print these stories but we will always re-elect OUR Sadiq. These are
> great policies for a greener and more cyclist friendly city.

LOL

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<d3e2b045-2c27-4cb7-a71f-ee7bd63fd76en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23071&group=uk.rec.cycling#23071

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 10:49:01 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:49 UTC

QUOTE :European Superstate, Londoner, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

Stop bleating about it. .... just change your vehicle if it's non compliant. Think of the boost you will give to the car industry. ... that's a good thing. ENDS

UK car industry is on its death bed though.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<d3e8ad08-ac50-4a27-97a6-3d0ee64fe3c6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23072&group=uk.rec.cycling#23072

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 11:52:57 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 19:52 UTC

Phil Jac, Bristol, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

I live in ZONE 2 and just don't want to be poisoned by drivers who don't even live here, I don't want to be killed either when they ignore speed limits. Keep on the case Khan, Londoners want fresh air and safe streets for our children and us.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k54rj9FkigaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23073&group=uk.rec.cycling#23073

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Feb 2023 19:54:17 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 19:54 UTC

> QUOTE :European Superstate, Londoner, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
>
> Stop bleating about it. .... just change your vehicle if it's non
> compliant. Think of the boost you will give to the car industry. ...
> that's a good thing. ENDS

> UK car industry is on its death bed though.

The horseshoe industry isn’t what it was, either.

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<78222bed-550b-4845-81dd-ebe991f0e0e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23076&group=uk.rec.cycling#23076

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 12:01:23 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 20:01 UTC

SouthEast8, London, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

The cycle from Deptford to Victoria, on the quietway, over Southwark bridge, along the embankment, past HoP is one of the prettiest cycles in the world. Well done Khan for making it so safe and beautiful. Less than 40 minutes door to door and absolutely free.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k552ntFlk73U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23078&group=uk.rec.cycling#23078

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Feb 2023 21:56:13 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 21:56 UTC

> SouthEast8, London, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

> The cycle from Deptford to Victoria, on the quietway, over Southwark
> bridge, along the embankment, past HoP is one of the prettiest cycles in
> the world. Well done Khan for making it so safe and beautiful. Less than
> 40 minutes door to door and absolutely free.

“…absolutely free…”, except that it cost a few bob, with cyclists not noted
for dipping their hands in their pockets.

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<0292b9f0-fb4b-41ef-8e59-155ba6a6e9d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23079&group=uk.rec.cycling#23079

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 21:23:15 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 05:23 UTC

We voted for clean air. This should not be a weird request. Thankfully the mayor is delivering on his promise and manifesto. Those asking to breathe dirty air are obviously sheep and outer types who are easily led to vote against their own interests.

Most people commute into London on public transport so what's the problem? This is just the usual right-wing media having a go at Khan just to get the Gammons wound up.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k56cbgFrkvkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23082&group=uk.rec.cycling#23082

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 16 Feb 2023 09:46:24 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:46 UTC

> We voted for clean air. This should not be a weird request. Thankfully
> the mayor is delivering on his promise and manifesto. Those asking to
> breathe dirty air are obviously sheep and outer types who are easily led
> to vote against their own interests.
>
> Most people commute into London on public transport so what's the
> problem? This is just the usual right-wing media having a go at Khan just
> to get the Gammons wound up.

Air Quality in Central Amsterdam, regarded as a model city for cyclists, is
currently in the “Unhealthy for sensitive groups” category, with occasional
“Unhealthy” spots away from the city centre. Don’t cycle in Amsterdam
today.

London AQ is mostly at the low end of the “Good” category, some stations
are recording very low levels. Oxford Street is showing a level of 6 for
PM10, Amsterdam is over 150.

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<ada89b5b-5a84-48d4-805d-e580ea6c9a9an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23083&group=uk.rec.cycling#23083

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 02:54:16 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 10:54 UTC

Full support to Mayor Khan. Look at Amsterdam over the last 40 years wonderful changes. People are flocking there. Look at Paris since Hildalgo put in LOADS of cycle lanes and pioneered the 15 minute city.. She just won re-election. Why? Because a city safe for active travel is a nicer city to live in. If you don't like it go and suck on some car fumes and see if your condition improves Brexiteers.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k56l90Ft0f0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23084&group=uk.rec.cycling#23084

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:18:41 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:18 UTC

On 15/02/2023 06:28 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Liketocomment, London, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
>
>> In London we idolise Khan and love what he is doing for London. The Mail
>> can print these stories but we will always re-elect OUR Sadiq. These are
>> great policies for a greener and more cyclist friendly city.
>
> LOL

+ 1.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k56lc5Ft0f0U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23085&group=uk.rec.cycling#23085

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:20:22 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:20 UTC

> Phil Jac, Bristol, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
>
> I live in ZONE 2 and just don't want to be poisoned by drivers who don't even live here, I don't want to be killed either when they ignore speed limits. Keep on the case Khan, Londoners want fresh air and safe streets for our children and us.

Bristol is now part of London Zone 2, is it?

Your geography is even worse than your grasp of English.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k56lgcFt0f0U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23086&group=uk.rec.cycling#23086

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:22:36 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:22 UTC

On 16/02/2023 10:54 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Full support to Mayor Khan. Look at Amsterdam over the last 40 years wonderful changes. People are flocking there. Look at Paris since Hildalgo put in LOADS of cycle lanes and pioneered the 15 minute city.. She just won re-election. Why? Because a city safe for active travel is a nicer city to live in. If you don't like it go and suck on some car fumes and see if your condition improves Brexiteers.

I wonder whether you realise how poor your written English is. It reads
like a transcript of a drunken pub bore just before closing time.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k56mp6Ft8l4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23094&group=uk.rec.cycling#23094

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 16 Feb 2023 12:44:22 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 12:44 UTC

> Full support to Mayor Khan. Look at Amsterdam over the last 40 years
> wonderful changes. People are flocking there.

Well, they aren’t going there for clean air or cycle safety, London beats
them hands down on both counts.

> Look at Paris since Hildalgo put in LOADS of cycle lanes and pioneered
> the 15 minute city.. She just won re-election. Why? Because a city safe
> for active travel is a nicer city to live in.

But us Paris safe for cyclists? Does it have clean air?

> If you don't like it go and suck on some car fumes and see if your
> condition improves Brexiteers.

Let’s see. Current lowest PM10 figures in each city:

London…6
Paris…17
Amsterdam…32

Don’t ask for the highest figures, Amsterdam doesn’t show up too well.

Someone sounds a little bitter and twisted this morning.

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<c5697d8b-be44-4dad-b1a4-d7ffd8be1d1an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23102&group=uk.rec.cycling#23102

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 05:20:52 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 13:20 UTC

On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 10:54:17 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Full support to Mayor Khan. Look at Amsterdam over the last 40 years wonderful changes. People are flocking there. Look at Paris since Hildalgo put in LOADS of cycle lanes and pioneered the 15 minute city.. She just won re-election. Why? Because a city safe for active travel is a nicer city to live in. If you don't like it go and suck on some car fumes and see if your condition improves Brexiteers.

Suck up some CO₂ as well - see how "non toxic" it really is.