Linux: The OS people choose without $200,000,000 of persuasion. -- Mike Coleman

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

SubjectAuthor
* Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing outswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,Spike
+* Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
> [...]
+* Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,Spike
|`- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,Spike
 `* Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingJNugent
  +* Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointingswldx...@gmail.com
  |`- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,Spike
  `- Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,Spike

Pages:12
Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k56ru0Fu0sjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23111&group=uk.rec.cycling#23111

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists,
Date: 16 Feb 2023 14:12:16 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 14:12 UTC

> On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 10:54:17 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote

>> Full support to Mayor Khan. Look at Amsterdam over the last 40 years
>> wonderful changes. People are flocking there. Look at Paris since
>> Hildalgo put in LOADS of cycle lanes and pioneered the 15 minute city..
>> She just won re-election. Why? Because a city safe for active travel is
>> a nicer city to live in. If you don't like it go and suck on some car
>> fumes and see if your condition improves Brexiteers.

> Suck up some CO₂ as well - see how "non toxic" it really is.

Causing lack of oxygen != toxic. HTH

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<5f82329f-a423-484d-90d3-34056d850f83n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23121&group=uk.rec.cycling#23121

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 08:10:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 16:10 UTC

On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 1:20:54 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 10:54:17 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Full support to Mayor Khan. Look at Amsterdam over the last 40 years wonderful changes. People are flocking there. Look at Paris since Hildalgo put in LOADS of cycle lanes and pioneered the 15 minute city.. She just won re-election. Why? Because a city safe for active travel is a nicer city to live in. If you don't like it go and suck on some car fumes and see if your condition improves Brexiteers.
> Suck up some CO₂ as well - see how "non toxic" it really is.

See also:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-7b4cf/product_images/uploaded_images/co2.jpg

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k57516FtmvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23130&group=uk.rec.cycling#23130

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 16 Feb 2023 16:47:34 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 16:47 UTC

> On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 1:20:54 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 10:54:17 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Full support to Mayor Khan. Look at Amsterdam over the last 40 years
>>> wonderful changes. People are flocking there. Look at Paris since
>>> Hildalgo put in LOADS of cycle lanes and pioneered the 15 minute city..
>>> She just won re-election. Why? Because a city safe for active travel is
>>> a nicer city to live in. If you don't like it go and suck on some car
>>> fumes and see if your condition improves Brexiteers.
>> Suck up some CO₂ as well - see how "non toxic" it really is.
>
> See also:
>
> https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-7b4cf/product_images/uploaded_images/co2.jpg

You forgot to mention what they were percentages of.

Was the oxygen content held at standard atmospheric proportions, or did it
decrease with increase of CO2?

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<8a9cc3bd-43c8-4ecb-a988-ff400c05240fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23134&group=uk.rec.cycling#23134

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:02:52 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:02 UTC

Nevered007. I agree. I don't think it'll be so much the total overall reduction of pollution, but those times when a dirty engine spews it's noxious cloud directly at you. If you've ever cycled behind such a vehicle you'll know exactly what I mean...

Agree with this comment. Fewer cars is a good thing. The cost to Londoners of poor air quality is poor health. We dont need your traffic.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k577oqF1b66U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23136&group=uk.rec.cycling#23136

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 16 Feb 2023 17:34:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:34 UTC

> Nevered007. I agree. I don't think it'll be so much the total overall
> reduction of pollution, but those times when a dirty engine spews it's
> noxious cloud directly at you. If you've ever cycled behind such a
> vehicle you'll know exactly what I mean...
>
> Agree with this comment. Fewer cars is a good thing. The cost to
> Londoners of poor air quality is poor health. We dont need your traffic.

It could be worse…. Especially if they went to Europe.

This morning London had far better AQ than Paris (all those new cycle
lanes) and Amsterdam (cycling paradise).

Paris this evening is in the red for AQ. Amsterdam is poor as well.

What is London doing wrong, that it is at the top of the list of cities
with clean air?

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k577vbF1c0eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23137&group=uk.rec.cycling#23137

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:37:47 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:37 UTC

....pretending to respond only to himself, said:

>> On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 10:54:17 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote
>
>>> Full support to Mayor Khan. Look at Amsterdam over the last 40 years
>>> wonderful changes. People are flocking there. Look at Paris since
>>> Hildalgo put in LOADS of cycle lanes and pioneered the 15 minute city..
>>> She just won re-election. Why? Because a city safe for active travel is
>>> a nicer city to live in. If you don't like it go and suck on some car
>>> fumes and see if your condition improves Brexiteers.

>> Suck up some CO₂ as well - see how "non toxic" it really is.

> Causing lack of oxygen != toxic. HTH

Oi!

Don't you dare try to tell Mason his business!

I'll have you know that he used to have a job brushing and mopping up at
night in a chemical plant. Of course, he didn't always pay attention. He
spent a lot of the night posting to usenet (don't ask him about the BP
AGM, for God's sake).

If he says that carbon dioxide is a poison, there must be *someone* who
agrees with him!

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<217ca5ca-32fd-43bf-b2e6-713a770cdd21n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23143&group=uk.rec.cycling#23143

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:56:57 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:56 UTC

On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 5:02:53 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Nevered007. I agree. I don't think it'll be so much the total overall reduction of pollution, but those times when a dirty engine spews it's noxious cloud directly at you. If you've ever cycled behind such a vehicle you'll know exactly what I mean...
>
> Agree with this comment. Fewer cars is a good thing. The cost to Londoners of poor air quality is poor health. We dont need your traffic.

That comment was from the Daily Mail - bloody hell!

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k57b9mF1s5fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23153&group=uk.rec.cycling#23153

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 16 Feb 2023 18:34:30 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 18:34 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 16/02/2023 02:12 pm, Spike wrote:
>
>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com>...
>
> ...pretending to respond only to himself, said:
>
>>> On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 10:54:17 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote

>>> Suck up some CO₂ as well - see how "non toxic" it really is.
>
>> Causing lack of oxygen != toxic. HTH
>
> Oi!
>
> Don't you dare try to tell Mason his business!
>
> I'll have you know that he used to have a job brushing and mopping up at
> night in a chemical plant. Of course, he didn't always pay attention. He
> spent a lot of the night posting to usenet (don't ask him about the BP
> AGM, for God's sake).
>
> If he says that carbon dioxide is a poison, there must be *someone* who
> agrees with him!

On the basis he is using for CO2 to be ‘toxic’, so is H2O!

🙄

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k59a1vFb17bU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23207&group=uk.rec.cycling#23207

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:25:36 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:25 UTC

On 16/02/2023 06:34 pm, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 16/02/2023 02:12 pm, Spike wrote:
>>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com>...

>>> Causing lack of oxygen != toxic. HTH
>
>> Oi!
>> Don't you dare try to tell Mason his business!
>> I'll have you know that he used to have a job brushing and mopping up at
>> night in a chemical plant. Of course, he didn't always pay attention. He
>> spent a lot of the night posting to usenet (don't ask him about the BP
>> AGM, for God's sake).
>> If he says that carbon dioxide is a poison, there must be *someone* who
>> agrees with him!
>
> On the basis he is using for CO2 to be ‘toxic’, so is H2O!
>
> 🙄

:-)

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<d97f9946-ba4d-4d93-80e8-fb63db03b9a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23216&group=uk.rec.cycling#23216

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 06:10:08 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:10 UTC

On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 6:53:10 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> Unpopulist, London., United Kingdom, 2 days ago
>
> How dare Khan want that the citizens of London breathe cleaner air, drink cleaner water and have fewer road traffic accidents. It's all a plot by the EU.

The gammons seem still obsessed with the EU for some reason.

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE UK ANYMORE - THEY HAVE MOVED ON.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k59hq0Fc71bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23224&group=uk.rec.cycling#23224

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 17 Feb 2023 14:37:52 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:37 UTC

> On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 6:53:10 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
>> Unpopulist, London., United Kingdom, 2 days ago
>>
>> How dare Khan want that the citizens of London breathe cleaner air,
>> drink cleaner water and have fewer road traffic accidents. It's all a plot by the EU.
>
> The gammons seem still obsessed with the EU for some reason.
>
> THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE UK ANYMORE - THEY HAVE MOVED ON.

Oh, I’m not so sure of that. There is a prospect that recent talks, now
that the EU has realised its original stance was doing it no good at all,
will result in a modified or new trading agreement.

You won’t find this news on road.cc

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<39ec78f0-ecd8-48a7-ab43-b62b0893853bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23232&group=uk.rec.cycling#23232

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 08:17:24 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:17 UTC

Get private cars and pleasure vehicles off London roads, and make room for buses, cyclists, and work vehicles and trades. There's no need to take your car into a city with such a well integrated public transport system.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k59nq7Fd2kkU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23234&group=uk.rec.cycling#23234

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:20:25 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:20 UTC

> Get private cars and pleasure vehicles off London roads, and make room for buses, fairy-cyclists, and work vehicles and trades. There's no need to take your car into a city with such a well integrated public transport system...

....as long as you don't mind subjecting yourself and your family to the
serious risk of being stabbed and/or mugged.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<4c6128c0-4ea6-4e34-a543-25bae2a869a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23243&group=uk.rec.cycling#23243

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 08:27:57 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:27 UTC

On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 4:17:26 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Get private cars and pleasure vehicles off London roads, and make room for buses, cyclists, and work vehicles and trades. There's no need to take your car into a city with such a well integrated public transport system.

It gives driver obesity and heart attacks - win win.

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k59s61Fdou5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23259&group=uk.rec.cycling#23259

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 17 Feb 2023 17:34:57 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 17:34 UTC

> On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 4:17:26 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Get private cars and pleasure vehicles off London roads, and make room
>> for buses, cyclists, and work vehicles and trades. There's no need to
>> take your car into a city with such a well integrated public transport system.
>
> It gives driver obesity and heart attacks - win win.

See a shrink. Soon.

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k59s61Fdou5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23260&group=uk.rec.cycling#23260

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 17 Feb 2023 17:34:57 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 17:34 UTC

> Get private cars and pleasure vehicles off London roads, and make room
> for buses, cyclists, and work vehicles and trades. There's no need to
> take your car into a city with such a well integrated public transport system.

Two-faced pillock. You avoided London’s public transport network when you
drove, as in DROVE, there from Hull.

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<ba2dc03d-3cbc-403b-bb41-25eadf18bb04n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23265&group=uk.rec.cycling#23265

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 10:04:56 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer2...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 18:04 UTC

He'll be happy to know that a clear majority british people support him (brexiteers not included).

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<k59vboFe8h2U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23268&group=uk.rec.cycling#23268

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 17 Feb 2023 18:29:12 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 18:29 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer2022@gmail.com> wrote:

> He'll be happy to know that a clear majority british people support him
> (brexiteers not included).

Who and what are you talking about?

--
Spike

Re: Mr Khan has flatly denied he is waging war on motorists, pointing out that half of Londoners don't own a car and he has a duty to tackle 'poisonous air

<ba452e71-c508-433d-9797-cd763eeaa165n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=23271&group=uk.rec.cycling#23271

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:06:17 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer2...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 19:06 UTC

QUOTE: Maps have laid bare the extent of the mayor's overhaul of the road network in the capital, with far more 20mph zones planned alongside the massive expansion of the ULEZ.ENDS

Nobody in a car can reach 20mph in London anyway.