nominal egg: New Yorkerese for expensive.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: How Very Tyring

SubjectAuthor
* How Very TyringTone
+* How Very TyringNicholas D. Richards
|`* How Very TyringTone
| `* How Very TyringRustyHinge
|  +- How Very TyringSn!pe
|  `* How Very TyringPeter
|   `- How Very TyringNicholas D. Richards
+* How Very TyringThomas Prufer
|+* How Very TyringTone
||`* How Very TyringMike Spencer
|| +* How Very TyringAhem A Rivet's Shot
|| |`- How Very TyringRustyHinge
|| `- How Very TyringRustyHinge
|`- How Very Tyringmaus
+- How Very Tyringhubops
+* How Very Tyringnev young
|+- How Very TyringTone
|`* How Very Tyringhubops
| `* How Very Tyringnev young
|  `- How Very Tyringhubops
+* How Very TyringTim+
|`* How Very TyringPeter
| `* How Very TyringTone
|  `* How Very Tyringnev young
|   `- How Very TyringTone
`* How Very TyringBernard Peek
 +* How Very TyringTone
 |`* How Very TyringChris Elvidge
 | +* How Very TyringTim+
 | |`* How Very TyringJohn Williamson
 | | `- How Very TyringNicholas D. Richards
 | `* How Very TyringTease'n'Seize
 |  `- How Very TyringNicholas D. Richards
 `* How Very TyringBrian
  `- How Very TyringTone

Pages:12
How Very Tyring

<ud73vq$1uk7q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24694&group=uk.rec.sheds#24694

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: How Very Tyring
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:38:34 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 11:38 UTC

my mate, a neighbour, has had his tyres partly let down repeatedly
overnight. We know who is doing it but can't prove it. It is another
court resident.

My mate's car car won't start. We know why. He's away for a break with
mine. I've just arranged for it to be recovered to a garage. Again two
rear tyres were almost flat. My mate always tightens the valve caps.
Both of these were loose.

I think this is a life-threatening criminal act, and it's time we got
the police involved, but how do we catch him at it? We have a portable
security camera linked to his smart phone, but at night it is blinded by
the outside lighting.

Any Sheddi ideas?

cheers

Tone

Re: How Very Tyring

<1pjSyUAd1x9kFAHO@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24696&group=uk.rec.sheds#24696

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: How Very Tyring
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 13:21:49 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:21 UTC

In article <ud73vq$1uk7q$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <tone@email.com> on
Tue, 5 Sep 2023 at 12:38:34 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>my mate, a neighbour, has had his tyres partly let down repeatedly
>overnight. We know who is doing it but can't prove it. It is another
>court resident.
>
>My mate's car car won't start. We know why. He's away for a break with
>mine. I've just arranged for it to be recovered to a garage. Again two
>rear tyres were almost flat. My mate always tightens the valve caps.
>Both of these were loose.
>
>I think this is a life-threatening criminal act, and it's time we got
>the police involved, but how do we catch him at it? We have a portable
>security camera linked to his smart phone, but at night it is blinded by
>the outside lighting.
>
>Any Sheddi ideas?
>
>cheers
>
>Tone
Ask a fit younger person (relative) to sleep in one of the cars,
overnight, with camera at the ready.

Does the establishment have security cameras?
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: How Very Tyring

<3n8efi1rhpjn07sm1jpt8nftd4b3q77v87@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24698&group=uk.rec.sheds#24698

From: prufer.p...@mnet-online.de.invalid (Thomas Prufer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 14:52:44 +0200
 by: Thomas Prufer - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:52 UTC

On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:38:34 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

>Any Sheddi ideas?

A solution used effectively by a friend in a similar situation, but less
threatening (pushbike valves).

Fill the well in the valve top with ink, indeliable if you like, and replace the
valve cap. Fiddling with th valve in the dark will leave its mark...

Catch the thief red-handed!

Thomas Prufer

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud7a6t$204qq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24699&group=uk.rec.sheds#24699

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 14:24:45 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 13:24 UTC

On 05/09/2023 13:21, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> Ask a fit younger person (relative) to sleep in one of the cars,
> overnight, with camera at the ready.
>
> Does the establishment have security cameras?

No. A couple of us have private, movement actioned cameras but in the
wrong places. There aren't many fit younger persons here willing to do
that! And they might have a long wait of several nights. It happens
about once a fortnight.

But having spoken to our manager she said that her tyres were let down
once too, and it cost her £200 to replace them. The guy we suspect hates
her as well.

She is bringing the issue up at a headquarters meeting on Thursday.
Though I don't hold out much hope of that. Their attitude in the past
has been, the guy is mentally ill, so they cazzun do owt.

Tone

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud7a97$204qq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24700&group=uk.rec.sheds#24700

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 14:25:58 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 13:25 UTC

On 05/09/2023 13:52, Thomas Prufer wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:38:34 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>
>> Any Sheddi ideas?
>
> A solution used effectively by a friend in a similar situation, but less
> threatening (pushbike valves).
>
> Fill the well in the valve top with ink, indeliable if you like, and replace the
> valve cap. Fiddling with th valve in the dark will leave its mark...
>
> Catch the thief red-handed!
>

> Thomas Prufer

Brilliant! That is a great idea! Thanx!

Tone

Re: How Very Tyring

<pgdefitqueoii0l878qqiaimu74dd6kcmr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24703&group=uk.rec.sheds#24703

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 10:18:13 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 14:18 UTC

On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:38:34 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

>my mate, a neighbour, has had his tyres partly let down repeatedly
>overnight. We know who is doing it but can't prove it. It is another
>court resident.
>My mate's car car won't start. We know why. He's away for a break with
>mine. I've just arranged for it to be recovered to a garage. Again two
>rear tyres were almost flat. My mate always tightens the valve caps.
>Both of these were loose.
>I think this is a life-threatening criminal act, and it's time we got
>the police involved, but how do we catch him at it? We have a portable
>security camera linked to his smart phone, but at night it is blinded by
>the outside lighting.
>Any Sheddi ideas?
>cheers
>Tone

Can you use a dashcam for surveillance ?
They tend to have some level of night-vision - if the vehicle
was parked under normal parking lot lighting ..
The camera will have settings to help with memory-card duration
and retention of certain events. It's a matter of having a secure
location to set it up and a power supply available.
I have considered setting-up my dash-cam for capturing
meteor showers but suffered round tuit issues.
Not knowing the perp - I might be hesitant to set a physical
booby-trap like the ink suggestion - in case he decides
to elevate the vandalism in return.
John T.

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud7el8$20pdn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24707&group=uk.rec.sheds#24707

From: newsforp...@yahoo.co.uk (nev young)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 15:40:40 +0100
 by: nev young - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 14:40 UTC

On 05/09/2023 12:38, Tone wrote:
> my mate, a neighbour, has had his tyres partly let down repeatedly
> overnight. We know who is doing it but can't prove it. It is another
> court resident.
>
> My mate's car car won't start. We know why. He's away for a break with
> mine. I've just arranged for it to be recovered to a garage. Again two
> rear tyres were almost flat. My mate always tightens the valve caps.
> Both of these were loose.
>
> I think this is a life-threatening criminal act, and it's time we got
> the police involved, but how do we catch him at it? We have a portable
> security camera linked to his smart phone, but at night it is blinded by
> the outside lighting.
>
> Any Sheddi ideas?

Many car dash cams have an Infrared night vision mode. (I have 3 that
do). May well run the flattery dead overnight but they soon recharge.
Better though to mount said cam in a place that can "see" the whole car.

Even those with mental health issues can be made to pay for the damage
they cause.

--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud7evk$20vji$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24708&group=uk.rec.sheds#24708

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 15:46:12 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 14:46 UTC

On 05/09/2023 15:40, nev young wrote:

> Even those with mental health issues can be made to pay for the damage
> they cause.

Good point.

Tone

Re: How Very Tyring

<slrnufem7f.2e76.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24721&group=uk.rec.sheds#24721

From: mau...@deb2.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 5 Sep 2023 16:35:59 GMT
 by: maus - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 16:35 UTC

On 2023-09-05, Thomas Prufer <prufer.public@mnet-online.de.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:38:34 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>
>>Any Sheddi ideas?
>
> A solution used effectively by a friend in a similar situation, but less
> threatening (pushbike valves).
>
> Fill the well in the valve top with ink, indeliable if you like, and replace the
> valve cap. Fiddling with th valve in the dark will leave its mark...
>
> Catch the thief red-handed!
>

> Thomas Prufer

Move elsewhere ?

--
greymausg@mail.com
Where is our money gone:?.

Re: How Very Tyring

<svnefidhbrg5vfo5scimjj131p5iju5jtn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24723&group=uk.rec.sheds#24723

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 13:10:30 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 17:10 UTC

On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 15:40:40 +0100, nev young
<newsforpasiphae1953@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>On 05/09/2023 12:38, Tone wrote:
>> my mate, a neighbour, has had his tyres partly let down repeatedly
>> overnight. We know who is doing it but can't prove it. It is another
>> court resident.
>>
>> My mate's car car won't start. We know why. He's away for a break with
>> mine. I've just arranged for it to be recovered to a garage. Again two
>> rear tyres were almost flat. My mate always tightens the valve caps.
>> Both of these were loose.
>>
>> I think this is a life-threatening criminal act, and it's time we got
>> the police involved, but how do we catch him at it? We have a portable
>> security camera linked to his smart phone, but at night it is blinded by
>> the outside lighting.
>>
>> Any Sheddi ideas?
>>

>Many car dash cams have an Infrared night vision mode. (I have 3 that
>do). May well run the flattery dead overnight but they soon recharge.
>Better though to mount said cam in a place that can "see" the whole car.

If I remember correctly, my dash cam only had a few hours when
run on the battery when it was brand new.
I have always used it plugged-in ; now, after about 5 years,
I would be surprised to get as much as 20 minutes on battery.
John T.

Re: How Very Tyring

<1400441198.715626715.702916.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24725&group=uk.rec.sheds#24725

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 5 Sep 2023 17:14:30 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 17:14 UTC

Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
> my mate, a neighbour, has had his tyres partly let down repeatedly
> overnight. We know who is doing it but can't prove it. It is another
> court resident.
>
> My mate's car car won't start. We know why. He's away for a break with
> mine. I've just arranged for it to be recovered to a garage. Again two
> rear tyres were almost flat. My mate always tightens the valve caps.
> Both of these were loose.
>
> I think this is a life-threatening criminal act, and it's time we got
> the police involved, but how do we catch him at it? We have a portable
> security camera linked to his smart phone, but at night it is blinded by
> the outside lighting.
>
> Any Sheddi ideas?
>
> cheers
>
> Tone

I like the idea of filling the valve caps with some sort of indelible stain
but perhaps simple locking valve caps might nip the problem in the bud so
to speak.

Richbrook Spinning Car Anti-Theft Black Alloy Wheel Valve Dust Caps - Set
Of 4 https://amzn.eu/d/dAiB8BD

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: How Very Tyring

<XnsB076BAAC8E3BDFactura3476@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24727&group=uk.rec.sheds#24727

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 17:20:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 17:20 UTC

Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote in
:

> Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>> my mate, a neighbour, has had his tyres partly let down repeatedly
>> overnight. We know who is doing it but can't prove it. It is another
>> court resident.
>>
>> My mate's car car won't start. We know why. He's away for a break
>> with mine. I've just arranged for it to be recovered to a garage.
>> Again two rear tyres were almost flat. My mate always tightens the
>> valve caps. Both of these were loose.
>>
>> I think this is a life-threatening criminal act, and it's time we got
>> the police involved, but how do we catch him at it? We have a
>> portable security camera linked to his smart phone, but at night it
>> is blinded by the outside lighting.
>>
>> Any Sheddi ideas?
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Tone
>>

> I like the idea of filling the valve caps with some sort of indelible
> stain but perhaps simple locking valve caps might nip the problem in
> the bud so to speak.
>
> Richbrook Spinning Car Anti-Theft Black Alloy Wheel Valve Dust Caps -
> Set Of 4 https://amzn.eu/d/dAiB8BD

Now *that* looks like the ansewer

--
Peter
-----

Re: How Very Tyring

<87il8oh19r.fsf@enoch.nodomain.nowhere>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24730&group=uk.rec.sheds#24730

From: mds...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere (Mike Spencer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 05 Sep 2023 16:24:00 -0300
Sender: mds@enoch.nodomain.nowhere
 by: Mike Spencer - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 19:24 UTC

Tone <tone@email.com> writes:

> On 05/09/2023 13:52, Thomas Prufer wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:38:34 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Any Sheddi ideas?
>>
>> A solution used effectively by a friend in a similar situation, but less
>> threatening (pushbike valves).
>>
>> Fill the well in the valve top with ink, indeliable if you like,
>> and replace the valve cap. Fiddling with the valve in the dark will
>> leave its mark...
>>
>> Catch the thief red-handed!

Perhaps a mixture of indelible ink and butyl mercaptan?

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud7vee$212l6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24731&group=uk.rec.sheds#24731

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 20:27:10 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 19:27 UTC

On 05/09/2023 18:20, Peter wrote:
>> Richbrook Spinning Car Anti-Theft Black Alloy Wheel Valve Dust Caps -
>> Set Of 4https://amzn.eu/d/dAiB8BD
> Now*that* looks like the ansewer
>
> --

Ordered. Will report back.

Tone

Re: How Very Tyring

<20230905204201.d50eb2ac82d4272e5829e041@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24733&group=uk.rec.sheds#24733

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 20:42:01 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 19:42 UTC

On 05 Sep 2023 16:24:00 -0300
Mike Spencer <mds@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> wrote:

> Perhaps a mixture of indelible ink and butyl mercaptan?

Ethyl mercaptan is even smellier, but where to get it ?

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud8c45$25i4k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24738&group=uk.rec.sheds#24738

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 00:03:32 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 23:03 UTC

On 05/09/2023 14:24, Tone wrote:
> On 05/09/2023 13:21, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>> Ask a fit younger person (relative) to sleep in one of the cars,
>> overnight, with camera at the ready.
>>
>> Does the establishment have security cameras?
>
> No. A couple of us have private, movement actioned cameras but in the
> wrong places. There aren't many fit younger persons here willing to do
> that! And they might have a long wait of several nights. It happens
> about once a fortnight.
>
> But having spoken to our manager she said that her tyres were let down
> once too, and it cost her £200 to replace them. The guy we suspect hates
> her as well.
>
> She is bringing the issue up at a headquarters meeting on Thursday.
> Though I don't hold out much hope of that. Their attitude in the past
> has been, the guy is mentally ill, so they cazzun do owt.

He might be sectioned thobut. The behaviour is criminal and
life-threatening.

Whatever happened to i.r.-surveillance-in-the-dark?

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud8cd9$25jjb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24739&group=uk.rec.sheds#24739

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 00:08:24 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 23:08 UTC

On 05/09/2023 20:24, Mike Spencer wrote:
> Tone <tone@email.com> writes:

>>> A solution used effectively by a friend in a similar situation, but less
>>> threatening (pushbike valves).
>>>
>>> Fill the well in the valve top with ink, indeliable if you like,
>>> and replace the valve cap. Fiddling with the valve in the dark will
>>> leave its mark...
>>>
>>> Catch the thief red-handed!
>
> Perhaps a mixture of indelible ink and butyl mercaptan?

Getting and handling (tertiary) butyl mercaptan is not straightforward

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud8cfj$25jjb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24740&group=uk.rec.sheds#24740

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 00:09:39 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 23:09 UTC

On 05/09/2023 20:42, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On 05 Sep 2023 16:24:00 -0300
> Mike Spencer <mds@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps a mixture of indelible ink and butyl mercaptan?
>
> Ethyl mercaptan is even smellier, but where to get it ?

Chemical distribution companies.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: How Very Tyring

<1qgm23k.yjewsi19qur03N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24746&group=uk.rec.sheds#24746

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 00:53:00 +0100
 by: Sn!pe - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 23:53 UTC

RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

> On 05/09/2023 14:24, Tone wrote:
> > On 05/09/2023 13:21, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> >> Ask a fit younger person (relative) to sleep in one of the cars,
> >> overnight, with camera at the ready.
> >>
> >> Does the establishment have security cameras?
> >
> > No. A couple of us have private, movement actioned cameras but in the
> > wrong places. There aren't many fit younger persons here willing to do
> > that! And they might have a long wait of several nights. It happens
> > about once a fortnight.
> >
> > But having spoken to our manager she said that her tyres were let down
> > once too, and it cost her £200 to replace them. The guy we suspect hates
> > her as well.
> >
> > She is bringing the issue up at a headquarters meeting on Thursday.
> > Though I don't hold out much hope of that. Their attitude in the past
> > has been, the guy is mentally ill, so they cazzun do owt.
>
> He might be sectioned thobut. The behaviour is criminal and
> life-threatening.

Good luck with that; psychiatric ward beds are exceedingly hard to find.
Mental Health was ever the under-funded "Cinderella Service". Unless
the danger is plainly manifest and life-threatening, there's no chance.

> Whatever happened to i.r.-surveillance-in-the-dark?

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud9dcb$2e3ku$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24751&group=uk.rec.sheds#24751

From: newsforp...@yahoo.co.uk (nev young)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 09:31:07 +0100
 by: nev young - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 08:31 UTC

On 05/09/2023 18:10, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 15:40:40 +0100, nev young

>> Many car dash cams have an Infrared night vision mode. (I have 3 that
>> do). May well run the flattery dead overnight but they soon recharge.
>> Better though to mount said cam in a place that can "see" the whole car.
>>

> If I remember correctly, my dash cam only had a few hours when
> run on the battery when it was brand new.
> I have always used it plugged-in ; now, after about 5 years,
> I would be surprised to get as much as 20 minutes on battery.

Ah. I should have made it clear that I was suggesting running the cam
from the car flattery.

I don't know the parking layout at Tone's, but parking the cars facing
each other from opposite sides of the carp ark if possible should cover
your requirements.

--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse
that so many people are unable to understand what I write.

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud9ds8$2e3ku$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24752&group=uk.rec.sheds#24752

From: newsforp...@yahoo.co.uk (nev young)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 09:39:35 +0100
 by: nev young - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 08:39 UTC

On 05/09/2023 20:27, Tone wrote:
> On 05/09/2023 18:20, Peter wrote:
>>> Richbrook Spinning Car Anti-Theft Black Alloy Wheel Valve Dust Caps -
>>> Set Of 4https://amzn.eu/d/dAiB8BD
>> Now*that*  looks like the ansewer
>>
> Ordered. Will report back.

One of these, or simla, may also cuminhandi:
https://tinyurl.com/mrxmyvm9

--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse
that so many people are unable to understand what I write.

Re: How Very Tyring

<ud9eqq$2ebbg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24754&group=uk.rec.sheds#24754

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 09:55:53 +0100
 by: Tone - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 08:55 UTC

On 06/09/2023 09:39, nev young wrote:
>>> Now*that*  looks like the ansewer
>>>
>> Ordered. Will report back.
>>
> One of these, or simla, may also cuminhandi:
> https://tinyurl.com/mrxmyvm9

Yes, we have one.

Tone

Re: How Very Tyring

<XnsB07768A023361Factura3476@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24757&group=uk.rec.sheds#24757

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 09:17:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 09:17 UTC

RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote in

> Whatever happened to i.r.-surveillance-in-the-dark?

I think we have more than enough surveillance as it is.

--
Peter
-----

Re: How Very Tyring

<EN$e7jAgJF+kFAb0@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24767&group=uk.rec.sheds#24767

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2023 11:20:16 +0100
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 10:20 UTC

In article <XnsB07768A023361Factura3476@135.181.20.170>, Peter
<myshed@prune.org.uk> on Wed, 6 Sep 2023 at 09:17:03 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote in
>

>> Whatever happened to i.r.-surveillance-in-the-dark?
>>

>I think we have more than enough surveillance as it is.

Deep ends.

If you are the one who finds his tyres let down/slashed every fortnight
even once a year is there more than enough surveillance? After all one
of the best ways of combating anti-social behaviour, whether it is
letting down tyres or murder, is the certainty or otherwise of being
caught.

OTOH if you are wishing to put together a legal campaign to stop a
particular mast being placed in a particular place and you find that the
mobile phone company has read all your e-mails. Is there too much
surveillance then? Particularly when you discover an undisclosed
document that some of the spaces in nearby houses will in the no
'forbidden' zone for habitation.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: How Very Tyring

<l4pgfi59tru7v1na11i667qbhuleb2grri@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24771&group=uk.rec.sheds#24771

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 07:47:09 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 11:47 UTC

On Wed, 6 Sep 2023 09:31:07 +0100, nev young
<newsforpasiphae1953@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>On 05/09/2023 18:10, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 15:40:40 +0100, nev young
>
>>> Many car dash cams have an Infrared night vision mode. (I have 3 that
>>> do). May well run the flattery dead overnight but they soon recharge.
>>> Better though to mount said cam in a place that can "see" the whole car.
>>>

>> If I remember correctly, my dash cam only had a few hours when
>> run on the battery when it was brand new.
>> I have always used it plugged-in ; now, after about 5 years,
>> I would be surprised to get as much as 20 minutes on battery.
>
>Ah. I should have made it clear that I was suggesting running the cam
>from the car flattery.

My dash-cam power input < and data connection >
is a single mini USB socket - no car battery is
required if one has a mains --> USB adapter ..
For my night sky surveilance, I was planning to plug
the dash-cam into an outdoor receptacle via the adaptor
< which I already have - for phone charging, etc >
It could be also be set up indoors < on a tripod ? >
looking out a window - for Tony's situation.
John T.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: How Very Tyring