Virginia law forbids bathtubs in the house; tubs must be kept in the yard.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crash

SubjectAuthor
* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashNY
+* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashGlazebrook West
> [...]
|    | `* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashRecliner
|    |  `- Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashColinR
|    +* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashTweed
|    |+* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashRoland Perry
|    ||`- Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashRecliner
|    |`- Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashAnna Noyd-Dryver
|    +- Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashAnna Noyd-Dryver
|    `* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashAnna Noyd-Dryver
|     `- Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashNY
+* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashTweed
|`* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashCharles Ellson
| `- Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashAnna Noyd-Dryver
+- Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashmartin.coffee
+* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashMarland
|`* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashRobert
| +* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashmartin.coffee
| |`* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashAnna Noyd-Dryver
| | `* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashmartin.coffee
| |  `* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashAnna Noyd-Dryver
| |   `* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashmartin.coffee
| |    `- Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashmartin.coffee
| `- Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashArthur Figgis
`* Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashAnna Noyd-Dryver
 `- Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crashNY

Pages:1234
Re: Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crash

<KAAnW6J9t2LiFAbf@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25329&group=uk.railway#25329

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crash
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 16:21:17 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 16:21 UTC

In message <t0n6gu$9a9$9@dont-email.me>, at 10:47:59 on Mon, 14 Mar
2022, Anna Noyd-Dryver <anna@noyd-dryver.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <b3im2hl31qjt9d56kotlu1gd8vgd6r8deg@4ax.com>, at 13:09:03 on

>>> I'm not sure I understand you: all Mk 4s are ex-ECML.
>>
>> But it's far more interesting (and additional data) who had possession
>> of them at the point they were scrapped or most recently mothballed.
>
>Thus far, that's also, entirely, ex-LNER (or predecessor ECML operators for
>those scrapped as a result of earlier accidents).

Yes, but it's nevertheless far more interesting to know who they
belonged to at the point the decision to scrap was made.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crash

<vwYuaYKew2LiFA8M@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25330&group=uk.railway#25330

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 16:23:58 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 16:23 UTC

In message <t0i1s7$k6l$1@dont-email.me>, at 11:57:59 on Sat, 12 Mar
2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <t0hvqb$5c9$1@dont-email.me>, at 11:22:51 on Sat, 12 Mar
>> 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> Surely all are accounted for in
>>> <https://225group.org.uk/docs/Intercity-225-Fleet-List-Mark-4-Coaches-an
>>> d-DVTs.pdf>
>>
>> New data always welcome.
>>
>> That has around 150 scrapped (and three as donors, which is much the
>> same in the long run), so the 19 reported elsewhere is definitely VERY
>> OLD news.
>>
>> It also has entries such as:
>>
>> 82230 Stored pending return to service GC (un-branded)
>>
>> Not GU. Any comments bearing in mind earlier correspondence?
>
>Some were destined for the notional GU to Wales and some for the notional
>GCWC, which were, I think both Ian Yeowart ventures. As neither actually
>happened, I wonder why you're so hung up on them?

I'm trying to decide if the Wikipedia entry is incorrect (and hence
might need editing) or whether you have more information about them than
the Wikipedia editors have to date.

To some extent the latter may be true, given that the number scrapped
has escalated considerably.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crash

<t0o2nl$77s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25337&group=uk.railway#25337

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 18:49:25 -0000 (UTC)
<B20FbnCqRyKiFAQ9@perry.uk>
<3WbIjwDUyyKiFA18@perry.uk>
<t0fcpq$v9i$1@dont-email.me>
<a1NzLZJO1zKiFACl@perry.uk>
<b3im2hl31qjt9d56kotlu1gd8vgd6r8deg@4ax.com>
<4igLeCL7x0KiFA2z@perry.uk>
<t0n6gu$9a9$9@dont-email.me>
<KAAnW6J9t2LiFAbf@perry.uk>
sha1:T1mOoWemXgXGoLVHvGijkYFZddY=
 by: Recliner - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 18:49 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <t0n6gu$9a9$9@dont-email.me>, at 10:47:59 on Mon, 14 Mar
> 2022, Anna Noyd-Dryver <anna@noyd-dryver.com> remarked:
>> Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <b3im2hl31qjt9d56kotlu1gd8vgd6r8deg@4ax.com>, at 13:09:03 on
>>> Fri, 11 Mar 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> But it's far more interesting (and additional data) who had possession
>>> of them at the point they were scrapped or most recently mothballed.
>>
>> Thus far, that's also, entirely, ex-LNER (or predecessor ECML operators for
>> those scrapped as a result of earlier accidents).
>
> Yes, but it's nevertheless far more interesting to know who they
> belonged to at the point the decision to scrap was made.

Presumably all the scrapped coaches belonged to Eversholt?

Re: Faulty drainage work blamed for Stonehaven crash

<2POY1ppYVhMiFAUH@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25431&group=uk.railway#25431

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 16:50:32 +0000
<t0dc5h$6f8$1@dont-email.me> <t0dh49$mhr$1@dont-email.me>
<t0djfk$djc$1@dont-email.me> <t0dqs2$o71$2@dont-email.me>
<t0ds7f$mdr$1@dont-email.me> <t0du12$vet$1@dont-email.me>
<t0etpo$r1v$1@dont-email.me> <b6WD4P+iBxKiFAid@perry.uk>
<t0f6tb$a6l$1@dont-email.me> <B20FbnCqRyKiFAQ9@perry.uk>
<3WbIjwDUyyKiFA18@perry.uk> <t0fcpq$v9i$1@dont-email.me>
<a1NzLZJO1zKiFACl@perry.uk> <b3im2hl31qjt9d56kotlu1gd8vgd6r8deg@4ax.com>
<4igLeCL7x0KiFA2z@perry.uk> <t0n6gu$9a9$9@dont-email.me>
<KAAnW6J9t2LiFAbf@perry.uk> <t0o2nl$77s$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Roland Perry - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 16:50 UTC

In message <t0o2nl$77s$1@dont-email.me>, at 18:49:25 on Mon, 14 Mar
2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <t0n6gu$9a9$9@dont-email.me>, at 10:47:59 on Mon, 14 Mar
>> 2022, Anna Noyd-Dryver <anna@noyd-dryver.com> remarked:

>>> Thus far, that's also, entirely, ex-LNER (or predecessor ECML operators for
>>> those scrapped as a result of earlier accidents).
>>
>> Yes, but it's nevertheless far more interesting to know who they
>> belonged to at the point the decision to scrap was made.
>
>Presumably all the scrapped coaches belonged to Eversholt?

I haven't looked that closely at the comprehensive list cited earlier.
--
Roland Perry