A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me. I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

SubjectAuthor
* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusOzix
+* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusRod Speed
|`* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusDaniel65
| +* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusRod Speed
| |+* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusPetzl
| ||`* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusRod Speed
| || `* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusPetzl
| ||  `* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusRod Speed
| ||   `* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusPetzl
| ||    `- ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusRod Speed
| |`* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusDaniel65
| | `* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusRod Speed
| |  `* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusDaniel65
| |   +* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusRod Speed
| |   |+* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusPetzl
| |   ||`- ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusRod Speed
| |   |+* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusRod Speed
| |   ||`- ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusDaniel65
| |   |`* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusDaniel65
| |   | `* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusFran
| |   |  `- ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusDaniel65
| |   `- ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusFran
| `- ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusOzix
+- ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusPeter Jason
`* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusÖrdög
 +* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optuspetzl
 |`- ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil
 `* ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusPeter Jason
  `- ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for OptusRod Speed

Pages:12
ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<654c4bf6$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31343&group=aus.politics#31343

Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Subject: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 11:03:17 +0800
 by: Ozix - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 03:03 UTC

She should front a press conference to explain why the company
retrenched a bunch of experienced engineers (no doubt salaries too high
for the bean counters). And so some new hire has brought the house of
cards down for several hours.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<op.2d5ipqrybyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31349&group=aus.politics#31349

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 03:57:16 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 16:57 UTC

Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote

> She should front a press conference to explain why thecompany
> retrenched a bunch of experienced engineers(no doubt salaries too high
> for the bean counters).

Its Rosmarin that should be doing that.

> And so some new hire has brought thehouse of cards down for several
> hours.

We don't know what brought it down yet.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<b0eqki5fff3uj7vb0l2fbikrm1ijrream1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31350&group=aus.politics#31350

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:53:05 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 19:53 UTC

On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 11:03:17 +0800, Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote:

>She should front a press conference to explain why the company
>retrenched a bunch of experienced engineers (no doubt salaries too high
>for the bean counters). And so some new hire has brought the house of
>cards down for several hours.

Not unique to Optus of course.

The spending poor might consider carrying around a bit of cash as well
as the tap-'n-go card; then they can have it BOTH WAYS. Cash can be
had at any supermarket!

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<bgc3N.29633$QCp6.28617@fx11.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31358&group=aus.politics#31358

Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: newsgrou...@Hell.Incorporated.biz (Ördög)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 08:35:01 +1100
 by: Ördög - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 21:35 UTC

Ozix wrote:
> She should front a press conference to explain why the company
> retrenched a bunch of experienced engineers (no doubt salaries too high
> for the bean counters). And so some new hire has brought the house of
> cards down for several hours.

So much for contemporary neo-liberal capitalism.

Let us remember that Optus is a foreign owned company, namely a
Singapore based tech giant. Singapore is a notorious fake democracy
ruled by neo-feudal plutocratic nepotists and their mega corporations.
For these people (if you are still willing to call them human) do not
care anything about their disposable employees who actually do the hard
work, nor about their customers whom they rip off with El-cheapo
products and inferior/unreliable services as much as they can get away
with w/o huge public outrage. Yeah, their real concerns are only about
their own pockets, that of their shareholders and the ability to
maintain their political/economic influence (hence employing
ex-politicians from the upper echelons).

It is high time to force our politicians to stay out of such cushy jobs
for at least five years after leaving politics. That would terminate any
possibility of corrupting even more of our politics.
And even better...get these multinational corporation providing
essential services to heel and also pay their fair share of taxes the
same way as their mistreated wage slave employees have to do.

--
The ever present and ever vigilant newsgroup devil at your service.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<06e1206e-e9e1-4a61-8ab1-513d8f962f14n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31360&group=aus.politics#31360

Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 14:20:57 -0800 (PST)
From: pet...@gmail.com (petzl)
 by: petzl - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 22:20 UTC

On Friday, November 10, 2023 at 8:35:06 AM UTC+11, Ördög wrote:
> Ozix wrote:
> > She should front a press conference to explain why the company
> > retrenched a bunch of experienced engineers (no doubt salaries too high
> > for the bean counters). And so some new hire has brought the house of
> > cards down for several hours.
> So much for contemporary neo-liberal capitalism.
>
> Let us remember that Optus is a foreign owned company, namely a
> Singapore based tech giant. Singapore is a notorious fake democracy
> ruled by neo-feudal plutocratic nepotists and their mega corporations.
> For these people (if you are still willing to call them human) do not
> care anything about their disposable employees who actually do the hard
> work, nor about their customers whom they rip off with El-cheapo
> products and inferior/unreliable services as much as they can get away
> with w/o huge public outrage. Yeah, their real concerns are only about
> their own pockets, that of their shareholders and the ability to
> maintain their political/economic influence (hence employing
> ex-politicians from the upper echelons).
>
> It is high time to force our politicians to stay out of such cushy jobs
> for at least five years after leaving politics. That would terminate any
> possibility of corrupting even more of our politics.
> And even better...get these multinational corporation providing
> essential services to heel and also pay their fair share of taxes the
> same way as their mistreated wage slave employees have to do.

"Singapore is a notorious fake democracy" no more than ours!
Of course, after communist murdered 160 million people over last 100 years.
Are still murdering and taking over independent countries now.

Singapore is not a dictatorship, it is instead a democracy. There are some important caveats to this: the ruling party has amassed a supermajority in parliament, allowing it to amend the constitution at will. This allows them to exercise unprecedented control over the judiciary and other parts of the government — though the government is squeamish about accusations of judicial bias, it cannot refute that the PAP, being the only party in power since independence has appointed every single judge in the country. But they are not a dictatorship: they can be defeated at the ballot box.

However, the majority of Singaporeans have no appetite for another party to form the government. Even if the first-past-the-post voting system was discarded in favour of a proportional representation system, the opposition still would not have enough seats in parliament to prevent the government from amending the constitution. This is perhaps one of the unforeseen faults of the Westminster system of government — that one unnaturally successful party, aided by by some socially-repressive policies, would be able to more or less guarantee its indefinite rule with the consent of the governed.
--
Petzl
Ordog the Armchair communist

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<dplqkitnj37vgdropk2jbc30telr7nb10p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31362&group=aus.politics#31362

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 09:48:48 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 22:48 UTC

On Fri, 10 Nov 2023 08:35:01 +1100, Ördög
<newsgroup.devil@Hell.Incorporated.biz> wrote:

>Ozix wrote:
>> She should front a press conference to explain why the company
>> retrenched a bunch of experienced engineers (no doubt salaries too high
>> for the bean counters). And so some new hire has brought the house of
>> cards down for several hours.
>
>So much for contemporary neo-liberal capitalism.
>
>Let us remember that Optus is a foreign owned company, namely a
>Singapore based tech giant. Singapore is a notorious fake democracy
>ruled by neo-feudal plutocratic nepotists and their mega corporations.
>For these people (if you are still willing to call them human) do not
>care anything about their disposable employees who actually do the hard
>work, nor about their customers whom they rip off with El-cheapo
>products and inferior/unreliable services as much as they can get away
>with w/o huge public outrage. Yeah, their real concerns are only about
>their own pockets, that of their shareholders and the ability to
>maintain their political/economic influence (hence employing
>ex-politicians from the upper echelons).
>
>It is high time to force our politicians to stay out of such cushy jobs
>for at least five years after leaving politics. That would terminate any
>possibility of corrupting even more of our politics.
>And even better...get these multinational corporation providing
>essential services to heel and also pay their fair share of taxes the
>same way as their mistreated wage slave employees have to do.

Singapore started out as a tax haven, like the present Ireland, this
latter a land so inept and devoid of the work ethic not even snakes
will live there!
Generally speaking all the world's Great Unwashed are stupid enough to
believe that flogging off state assets to the private sector will
lower prices, where in reality prices increase to pay off the asset
purchase price, and also rid the state of poorly-run turkeys that
could be reformed with a little effort.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<op.2d51wvlcbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31364&group=aus.politics#31364

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:51:57 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 23:51 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Ördög <newsgroup.devil@Hell.Incorporated.biz> wrote
>> Ozix wrote

>>> She should front a press conference to explain why the company
>>> retrenched a bunch of experienced engineers (no doubt salaries too high
>>> for the bean counters). And so some new hire has brought the house of
>>> cards down for several hours.

>> So much for contemporary neo-liberal capitalism.

>> Let us remember that Optus is a foreign owned company, namely a
>> Singapore based tech giant. Singapore is a notorious fake democracy
>> ruled by neo-feudal plutocratic nepotists and their mega corporations..
>> For these people (if you are still willing to call them human) do not
>> care anything about their disposable employees who actually do the hard
>> work, nor about their customers whom they rip off with El-cheapo
>> products and inferior/unreliable services as much as they can get away
>> with w/o huge public outrage. Yeah, their real concerns are only about
>> their own pockets, that of their shareholders and the ability to
>> maintain their political/economic influence (hence employing
>> ex-politicians from the upper echelons).
>>
>> It is high time to force our politicians to stay out of such cushy jobs
>> for at least five years after leaving politics. That would terminate any
>> possibility of corrupting even more of our politics.
>> And even better...get these multinational corporation providing
>> essential services to heel and also pay their fair share of taxes the
>> same way as their mistreated wage slave employees have to do.

> Singapore started out as a tax haven,

It actually started out as a trading port.

> like the present Ireland,

Nothing even remotely like Ireland in fact.

> this latter a land so inept and devoid of thework ethic not even
> snakes will live there!

And that's why most of the irish emigrated.

> Generally speaking all the world's Great Unwashed are stupid enough to
> believe that flogging off state assets to the private sector will
> lower prices,

And that is what happened with phone services.

There was never anything even remotely like as cheap
as $10/month for unlimited calls, texts and MMSs to
any landine or mobile in the country and 6GB of data
from Telecom or Telstra before it was flogged off.

> where in reality prices increase topay off the asset purchase price,

Didnt happen with the phone service, or airfares either.

> and also rid the state of poorly-run turkeysthat could be reformed with
> a little effort.

Fantasy with the worst of them.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<uijtm7$2f8qb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31365&group=aus.politics#31365

From: dev...@a.shadow.that.scares.edu (*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil)
<devil@a.shadow.that.scares.edu>
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 11:32:04 +1100
 by: *Ördög* the real n - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 00:32 UTC

Petz, on GoonCon3+ already as weekend must have started early in
Shitboxville homeless park-bench dweller circles.

> Ördög
>> Ozix
>>> She should front a press conference to explain why the company
>>> retrenched a bunch of experienced engineers (no doubt salaries too high
>>> for the bean counters). And so some new hire has brought the house of
>>> cards down for several hours.
>> So much for contemporary neo-liberal capitalism.
>>
>> Let us remember that Optus is a foreign owned company, namely a
>> Singapore based tech giant. Singapore is a notorious fake democracy
>> ruled by neo-feudal plutocratic nepotists and their mega corporations.
>> For these people (if you are still willing to call them human) do not
>> care anything about their disposable employees who actually do the hard
>> work, nor about their customers whom they rip off with El-cheapo
>> products and inferior/unreliable services as much as they can get away
>> with w/o huge public outrage. Yeah, their real concerns are only about
>> their own pockets, that of their shareholders and the ability to
>> maintain their political/economic influence (hence employing
>> ex-politicians from the upper echelons).
>>
>> It is high time to force our politicians to stay out of such cushy jobs
>> for at least five years after leaving politics. That would terminate any
>> possibility of corrupting even more of our politics.
>> And even better...get these multinational corporation providing
>> essential services to heel and also pay their fair share of taxes the
>> same way as their mistreated wage slave employees have to do.
>>
> "Singapore is a notorious fake democracy" no more than ours!

Ignorant bullshit, as per usual.

We are nowhere near as bad as that "family business" owned and run
Singapore government.

> Of course, after communist blah...blah...blah...that regurgitated and umpteenth time debunked alt-right wanker crap I am tired of responding to.

Fantasy numbers pulled out of your alt-right arse aside here is a proper
response to previously circulated rubbish:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateCommunism/comments/83z51s/communism_killed_100_million_debunked/?rdt=59728

> Singapore is not a dictatorship, it is instead a democracy. ...

/remainder of your plagiorised cut and paste flushed down the gurgler/

You would not recognise a true democracy, Petz dear, even if it bit you
on your sorry arse. That mega corporations owned and operated nepotistic
plutocracy government that rules with absolute authoritarianism is not
anywhere near democracy despite all that thin veneer of superficial sham
democratic institutions put on show towards the World.

Your understanding of politics/geopolitics, be it domestic or
international, is virtually non existent. You have no capacity to form
any qualified personal opinions (beyond your mad religious
fundamentalism, racism and addictions to violent solution).
Motivated by your raw emotions you troll through the Internet picking up
anything and everything to suit your confirmation bias towards fully
supporting the politics of the alt-right. Your Usenet posts clearly
reflect that sorry state of your mind!

NOTE:
Your idiotic extremist and/or Xtian fundy hate propaganda and high
octane Goon-bag fumes induced fantasy sig (that quite often contains
uncredited, therefore clearly plagiarised material pinched from
countless alt-right sources) was flushed down the gurgler, as always,
without reading!

--
Ördög
"A reminder for your mortification"

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<uikq49$2o55m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31373&group=aus.politics#31373

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 19:37:30 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 08:37 UTC

Rod Speed wrote on 10/11/23 3:57 am:
> Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote
>
>> She should front a press conference to explain why  thecompany
>> retrenched a bunch of experienced  engineers(no doubt salaries too
>> high for the bean counters).
>
> Its Rosmarin that should be doing that.
>
>> And so some new hire has brought thehouse of cards down for several
>> hours.
>
> We don't know what brought it down yet.

Will 'WE' ever know?? I'm thinking .... NO!
--
Daniel

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<op.2d7dbt1lbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31375&group=aus.politics#31375

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 03:56:07 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 16:56 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote

>>> She should front a press conference to explain why the
>>> company retrenched a bunch of experienced engineers
>>> (no doubt salaries too high for the bean counters).

>> Its Rosmarin that should be doing that.

>>> And so some new hire has brought the
>>> house of cards down for several hours.

>> We don't know what brought it down yet.

> Will 'WE' ever know?? I'm thinking .... NO!

They will have to come up with some convincing story for what happened.

They won't be able to cover up the number of retrenchments
that happened if that is in fact what happened because those
who were retrenched will expose that lie if it is a lie.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<khftkit6rctujb0elvj6ib1f4nq5rt5ct4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31384&group=aus.politics#31384

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 10:41:04 +1100
 by: Petzl - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 23:41 UTC

On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 03:56:07 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote

>>> Its Rosmarin that should be doing that.

>>> We don't know what brought it down yet.
>
>> Will 'WE' ever know?? I'm thinking .... NO!
>
>They will have to come up with some convincing story for what happened.
>
>They won't be able to cover up the number of retrenchments
>that happened if that is in fact what happened because those
>who were retrenched will expose that lie if it is a lie.

That happened in Auckland, NZ when Electricity was flogged off.
Years latter a major Auckland underground cable blew, because they had
got rid of the people that were required to fix said, they had to get
people fro the UK to fix it, Took a month without power.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<654ed72d$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31390&group=aus.politics#31390

Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 09:21:48 +0800
 by: Ozix - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 01:21 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> Will 'WE' ever know?? I'm thinking .... NO!

Armchair detectives seem to think it was a border gateway protocol error
that propagated through the system, disabling everything. It seems Optus
didn't have an independent system to login remotely to fix things. So
they had to get people out of bed to fix stuff. And probably those staff
had company phones with Optus, so weren't contactable.
They spend millions to put their name on Burswood stadium in Perth. That
money would have been better spent on having a competent night shift on
hand.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<uinfkn$3c4ar$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31404&group=aus.politics#31404

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 19:56:54 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 08:56 UTC

Rod Speed wrote on 11/11/23 3:56 am:
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote

>>> Its Rosmarin that should be doing that.

>>>  We don't know what brought it down yet.
>
>> Will 'WE' ever know?? I'm thinking .... NO!
>
> They will have to come up with some convincing story for what happened.

Remember last year when someone got into their (and Telstra and several
banks, etc.) databases?? Have 'we' heard what happened then (from any of
them)??

> They won't be able to cover up the number of retrenchments
> that happened if that is in fact what happened because those
> who were retrenched will expose that lie if it is a lie.
--
Daniel

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<op.2d9iausabyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31413&group=aus.politics#31413

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 07:38:44 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 20:38 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Will 'WE' ever know?? I'm thinking .... NO!
>>
>> They will have to come up with some convincing story for what happened.
>>
>> They won't be able to cover up the number of retrenchments
>> that happened if that is in fact what happened because those
>> who were retrenched will expose that lie if it is a lie.

> That happened in Auckland, NZ when Electricity was flogged off.

Bullshit.

> Years latter a major Auckland underground cable blew, becausethey had
> got rid of the people that were required to fix said,

Nope, because it wasnt made properly in the first place.

> they had to get people fro the UK to fix it,

Because they never had anyone who could do those properly.

> Took a month without power.

Auckland was never without any electricity for a month.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<op.2d9ifjj7byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31414&group=aus.politics#31414

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 07:41:33 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 20:41 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Will 'WE' ever know?? I'm thinking .... NO!

>> They will have to come up with some convincing story for what happened.

> Remember last year when someone got into their(and Telstra and several
> banks, etc.) databases??Have 'we' heard what happened then (from any of
> them)??

Different matter entirely to the entire system
flat on its face and unusable for half a day.

>> They won't be able to cover up the number of retrenchments
>> that happened if that is in fact what happened because those
>> who were retrenched will expose that lie if it is a lie.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<dvpvki9p473ra1al61f2mcshgu5v050d4k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31415&group=aus.politics#31415

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 07:59:41 +1100
 by: Petzl - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 20:59 UTC

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 07:38:44 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote

>>> They will have to come up with some convincing story for what happened.
>>>
>>> They won't be able to cover up the number of retrenchments
>>> that happened if that is in fact what happened because those
>>> who were retrenched will expose that lie if it is a lie.
>
>> That happened in Auckland, NZ when Electricity was flogged off.
>
>Bullshit.
>
>> Years latter a major Auckland underground cable blew, becausethey had
>> got rid of the people that were required to fix said,
>
>Nope, because it wasnt made properly in the first place.
>
>> they had to get people fro the UK to fix it,
>
>Because they never had anyone who could do those properly.
>
>> Took a month without power.
>
>Auckland was never without any electricity for a month.

5 weeks actually
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Auckland_power_crisis>
https://is.gd/4JVjg7
The 1998 Auckland power crisis was a five-week-long power outage
affecting the central city of Auckland, New Zealand from 19 February
to 27 March 1998.[1][2] A 1998 ministerial inquiry criticised both the
Auckland Electric Power Board and its privatised successor, which had
halved its staff after taking over in October 1993. The report blamed
risk and asset management and contingency planning, but said reviews
of the electricity network were in accordance with industry practice.
However, Mercury Energy’s Board had known for 5 years of a potential
failure of the power cables, but, instead of also replacing them, took
the cost-saving risk of only building a replacement tunnel, which
wasn't ready in time.[3] The inquiry report also said, "Internal
expertise in 110 kV assets was not maintained at a sufficient
level".[4]
--
Petzl
To be truly fluent in English,
you must know your shits
Shits
Dogshit - Very poor quality
Bullshit - Not true
Horseshit - Nonsense
Apeshit - Rambunctious
Batshit - Insane
Chickenshit cowards
Ratshit - poor quality
No shit - Obviously
Holy shit - mind blowing/unbelievable
Hot shit - very good
Dipshit - a total dumbass
Tuff shit - Take it or leave it.
Jack shit - nothing
The shit - perfection

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<uiq1gt$14gv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31436&group=aus.politics#31436

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 19:14:23 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 08:14 UTC

Rod Speed wrote on 12/11/23 7:41 am:
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote

>>> They will have to come up with some convincing story for what
>>> happened.
>
>> Remember last year when someone got into their (and Telstra and
>> several banks, etc.) databases?? Have 'we' heard what happened then
>> (from any of them)??
>
> Different matter entirely to the entire system flat on its face and
> unusable for half a day.

Yes .... but another example of Business not wanting to explain failures!!
--
Daniel

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<op.2ebfihvibyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31451&group=aus.politics#31451

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:33:43 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 21:33 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> That happened in Auckland, NZ when Electricity was flogged off.
>>
>> Bullshit.
>>
>>> Years latter a major Auckland underground cable blew, becausethey had
>>> got rid of the people that were required to fix said,
>>
>> Nope, because it wasnt made properly in the first place.
>>
>>> they had to get people fro the UK to fix it,
>>
>> Because they never had anyone who could do those properly.
>>
>>> Took a month without power.
>>
>> Auckland was never without any electricity for a month.

> 5 weeks actually
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Auckland_power_crisis>
> https://is.gd/4JVjg7
> The 1998 Auckland power crisis was a five-week-long power outage
> affecting the central city of Auckland, New Zealand from 19 February
> to 27 March 1998.[1][2]

Central city Auckland was not without power for 5 weeks.

> A 1998 ministerial inquiry criticised both the
> Auckland Electric Power Board and its privatised successor, which had
> halved its staff after taking over in October 1993. The report blamed
> risk and asset management and contingency planning, but said reviews
> of the electricity network were in accordance with industry practice.
> However, Mercury Energy’s Board had known for 5 years of a potential
> failure of the power cables, but, instead of also replacing them, took
> the cost-saving risk of only building a replacement tunnel, which
> wasn't ready in time.[3] The inquiry report also said, "Internal
> expertise in 110 kV assets was not maintained at a sufficient
> level".[4]

So it had NOTHING to do with retrenching experienced personel.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<op.2ebfl6x0byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31452&group=aus.politics#31452

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:35:56 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 21:35 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Remember last year when someone got into their (and Telstra and
>>> several banks, etc.) databases?? Have 'we' heard what happened then
>>> (from any of them)??

>> Different matter entirely to the entire systemflat on its face and
>> unusable for half a day.

> Yes .... but another example of Business not wanting to explain
> failures!!

It remains to be seen whether Optarse will spell out what caused it.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<k3l2lils8mm1utgp34dq3mpkcqbd642m24@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31453&group=aus.politics#31453

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 09:42:53 +1100
 by: Petzl - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:42 UTC

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:33:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Bullshit.

>>> Nope, because it wasnt made properly in the first place.

>>> Because they never had anyone who could do those properly.

>>> Auckland was never without any electricity for a month.
>
>> 5 weeks actually
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Auckland_power_crisis>
>> https://is.gd/4JVjg7
>> The 1998 Auckland power crisis was a five-week-long power outage
>> affecting the central city of Auckland, New Zealand from 19 February
>> to 27 March 1998.[1][2]
>
>Central city Auckland was not without power for 5 weeks.

Wiki and friends who live there said it did?

>> A 1998 ministerial inquiry criticised both the
>> Auckland Electric Power Board and its privatised successor, which had
>> halved its staff after taking over in October 1993. The report blamed
>> risk and asset management and contingency planning, but said reviews
>> of the electricity network were in accordance with industry practice.
>> However, Mercury Energy’s Board had known for 5 years of a potential
>> failure of the power cables, but, instead of also replacing them, took
>> the cost-saving risk of only building a replacement tunnel, which
>> wasn't ready in time.[3] The inquiry report also said, "Internal
>> expertise in 110 kV assets was not maintained at a sufficient
>> level".[4]
>
>So it had NOTHING to do with retrenching experienced personel.

Wiki and friends who live there said it did?
--
Petzl
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other
people's money. #Sir Ronald Millar

On March fourteenth, in the year of our Lord. Eighteen eighty three
Karl Marx made his most important contribution to mankind...
He died

There is no difference between communism and socialism,
except in the means of achieving the same ultimate end:
communism proposes to enslave men by force,
socialism - by vote.
It is merely the difference between murder and suicide
#Margaret Thatcher

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<89l2lip0liln0kob6o3lr9vqpte913f3q1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31454&group=aus.politics#31454

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:03:46 +1100
 by: Petzl - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 23:03 UTC

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:35:56 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote

>>> Different matter entirely to the entire systemflat on its face and
>>> unusable for half a day.
>
>> Yes .... but another example of Business not wanting to explain
>> failures!!
>
>It remains to be seen whether Optarse will spell out what caused it.

All those who could start the System up were not contactable all used
optus. none had the brains to put skype on their mobiles?
--
Petzl
Wind generators have a very limited life span

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<uirm22$8v4m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31455&group=aus.politics#31455

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:10:51 +1100
 by: Fran - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 23:10 UTC

On 12/11/2023 7:14 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
> Rod Speed wrote on 12/11/23 7:41 am:
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Remember last year when someone got into their (and Telstra and
>>> several banks, etc.) databases?? Have 'we' heard what happened then
>>> (from any of them)??
>>
>> Different matter entirely to the entire system flat on its face and
>> unusable for half a day.
>
> Yes .... but another example of Business not wanting to explain failures!!

Why would they? It's shareholders and what those shareholders are
interested in knowing as opposed to the wants of Joe Public who is
probably not a shareholder.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<op.2eblp3oabyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31456&group=aus.politics#31456

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:47:53 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 23:47 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> 5 weeks actually
>>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Auckland_power_crisis>
>>> https://is.gd/4JVjg7
>>> The 1998 Auckland power crisis was a five-week-long power outage
>>> affecting the central city of Auckland, New Zealand from 19 February
>>> to 27 March 1998.[1][2]
>>
>> Central city Auckland was not without power for 5 weeks.

> Wiki and friends who live there said it did?

Neither actually say that. There is no way that the entire
central city would be without power for 5 weeks.

>>> A 1998 ministerial inquiry criticised both the
>>> Auckland Electric Power Board and its privatised successor, which had
>>> halved its staff after taking over in October 1993. The report blamed
>>> risk and asset management and contingency planning, but said reviews
>>> of the electricity network were in accordance with industry practice..
>>> However, Mercury Energy’s Board had known for 5 years of a potential
>>> failure of the power cables, but, instead of also replacing them, took
>>> the cost-saving risk of only building a replacement tunnel, which
>>> wasn't ready in time.[3] The inquiry report also said, "Internal
>>> expertise in 110 kV assets was not maintained at a sufficient
>>> level".[4]

>> So it had NOTHING to do with retrenching experienced personel.

> Wiki and friends who live there said it did?

Bullshit.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<op.2eblu1vtbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31457&group=aus.politics#31457

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 10:50:51 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 23:50 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Yes .... but another example of Business not wanting to explain
>>> failures!!
>>
>> It remains to be seen whether Optarse will spell out what caused it.
>
> All those who could start the System up were not contactable all used
> optus.

It doesn't take half a fucking day to drive to their place and tell them
to come in and fix it.

> none had the brains to put skype on their mobiles?

You are completely off with the fucking fairys, as always.

Re: ex-premier Gladys Binchicken now works for Optus

<op.2eb2ottmbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31468&group=aus.politics#31468

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 16:54:19 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 05:54 UTC

Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote