America, how can I write a holy litany in your silly mood? -- Allen Ginsberg

aus+uk / aus.politics / Just for your information .....

SubjectAuthor
* Just for your information .....Daniel65
+* Just for your information .....Ozix
|+- Just for your information .....Rod Speed
|`* Just for your information .....Daniel65
| `* Just for your information .....Petzl
|  `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
|   +- Just for your information .....Petzl
|   `* Just for your information .....Daniel65
|    `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
|     `* Just for your information .....Daniel65
|      `- Just for your information .....Rod Speed
+* Just for your information .....Fran
|`* Just for your information .....Daniel65
| `- Just for your information .....Fran
`* Just for your information .....Peter Jason
 `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
  +* Just for your information .....Peter Jason
  |`* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
  | `* Just for your information .....Peter Jason
  |  `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
  |   `* Just for your information .....Peter Jason
  |    `- Just for your information .....Rod Speed
  `* Just for your information .....Petzl
   `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
    `* Just for your information .....Petzl
     `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
      `* Just for your information .....Petzl
       `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
        `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
         `* Just for your information .....Petzl
          `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
           +* Just for your information .....Petzl
           |`* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
           | `* Just for your information .....Petzl
           |  `- Just for your information .....Rod Speed
           `* Just for your information .....Daniel65
            `- Just for your information .....Rod Speed

Pages:12
Just for your information .....

<un5rhv$3jl0j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32353&group=aus.politics#32353

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Just for your information .....
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 19:51:08 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 08:51 UTC

Back in 2020, having a bit of money to spare, I had a 18 panel, 4.5kW
Solar Panel system installed and now, having more money to spare, I paid
Solar Battery Group just over $8,000 to install a 5kW Battery, thinking
that would give me Power security .... but NO!

Yesterday, at about 7:15p.m., the local Mains power went out and I was
left in darkness. Surprise, surprise, when the Mains back on about a min
later, so did my Power. At about 10:00p.m., when I checked my Power
System, the battery was still indicating over 60% full.

So this morning I rang the Solar Battery Group, the supply/install firm,
and they said the Solar Battery arrangement had worked as expected. The
system wasn't meant to maintain power in place if Mains power, it was
only meant to supply power WHEN THE MAINS WAS AVAILABLE so "in place of"
NOT "in the absence of" mains power.

The SOLAR BATTERY GROUP will, however, sell you, for $1,300, an optional
extra, a Power Outlet connected directly to the Battery System which
will supply up to 3kW maximum .... but, still, during an outage, you'd
have to go out to the Battery (or the special power outlet adjacent to
it) with a extension cord to plug in your most desireable (less than
3kW) devices!!

I suppose, eventually (if I live long enough), I'll get back my $8,000
for the battery and $2,500 (I think) for the original Solar Panels ....
but who knows!! ;-(

Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.
--
Daniel

Re: Just for your information .....

<6596769b$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32354&group=aus.politics#32354

Subject: Re: Just for your information .....
Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 17:12:58 +0800
 by: Ozix - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 09:12 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:
> Back in 2020, having a bit of money to spare, I had a 18 panel, 4.5kW
> Solar Panel system installed and now, having more money to spare, I paid
> Solar Battery Group just over $8,000 to install a 5kW Battery, thinking
> that would give me Power security .... but NO!
>
> Yesterday, at about 7:15p.m., the local Mains power went out and I was
> left in darkness. Surprise, surprise, when the Mains back on about a min
> later, so did my Power. At about 10:00p.m., when I checked my Power
> System, the battery was still indicating over 60% full.
>
> So this morning I rang the Solar Battery Group, the supply/install firm,
> and they said the Solar Battery arrangement had worked as expected. The
> system wasn't meant to maintain power in place if Mains power, it was
> only meant to supply power WHEN THE MAINS WAS AVAILABLE so "in place of"
> NOT "in the absence of" mains power.
>
> The SOLAR BATTERY GROUP will, however, sell you, for $1,300, an optional
> extra, a Power Outlet connected directly to the Battery System which
> will supply up to 3kW maximum .... but, still, during an outage, you'd
> have to go out to the Battery (or the special power outlet adjacent to
> it) with a extension cord to plug in your most desireable (less than
> 3kW) devices!!
>
> I suppose, eventually (if I live long enough), I'll get back my $8,000
> for the battery and $2,500 (I think) for the original Solar Panels ....
> but who knows!! ;-(
>
> Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.

So what does it do then?? Charge battery during the day, and export
power during the night for 7 cents per kWh?

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g03znabbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32362&group=aus.politics#32362

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 02:29:37 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 15:29 UTC

On Thu, 04 Jan 2024 20:12:58 +1100, Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote:

> Daniel65 wrote:
>> Back in 2020, having a bit of money to spare, I had a 18 panel, 4.5kW
>> Solar Panel system installed and now, having more money to spare, I
>> paid Solar Battery Group just over $8,000 to install a 5kW Battery,
>> thinking that would give me Power security .... but NO!
>> Yesterday, at about 7:15p.m., the local Mains power went out and I was
>> left in darkness. Surprise, surprise, when the Mains back on about a
>> min later, so did my Power. At about 10:00p.m., when I checked my Power
>> System, the battery was still indicating over 60% full.
>> So this morning I rang the Solar Battery Group, the supply/install
>> firm, and they said the Solar Battery arrangement had worked as
>> expected. The system wasn't meant to maintain power in place if Mains
>> power, it was only meant to supply power WHEN THE MAINS WAS AVAILABLE
>> so "in place of" NOT "in the absence of" mains power.
>> The SOLAR BATTERY GROUP will, however, sell you, for $1,300, an
>> optional extra, a Power Outlet connected directly to the Battery System
>> which will supply up to 3kW maximum .... but, still, during an outage,
>> you'd have to go out to the Battery (or the special power outlet
>> adjacent to it) with a extension cord to plug in your most desireable
>> (less than 3kW) devices!!
>> I suppose, eventually (if I live long enough), I'll get back my $8,000
>> for the battery and $2,500 (I think) for the original Solar Panels ....
>> but who knows!! ;-(
>> Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.
>
> So what does it do then?? Charge battery during the day, and export
> power during the night for 7 cents per kWh?

Allows you to use the surplus power you collect using your panels
during the day, when the panels are no longer collecting any useful
power, instead of paying for electricity from the grid.

Re: Just for your information .....

<un8eo6$3fpa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32382&group=aus.politics#32382

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 19:31:00 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 08:31 UTC

Ozix wrote on 4/1/24 8:12 pm:
> Daniel65 wrote:
>> Back in 2020, having a bit of money to spare, I had a 18 panel, 4.5kW
>> Solar Panel system installed and now, having more money to spare, I
>> paid Solar Battery Group just over $8,000 to install a 5kW Battery,
>> thinking that would give me Power security .... but NO!
>>
>> Yesterday, at about 7:15p.m., the local Mains power went out and I was
>> left in darkness. Surprise, surprise, when the Mains back on about a
>> min later, so did my Power. At about 10:00p.m., when I checked my
>> Power System, the battery was still indicating over 60% full.
>>
>> So this morning I rang the Solar Battery Group, the supply/install
>> firm, and they said the Solar Battery arrangement had worked as
>> expected. The system wasn't meant to maintain power in place if Mains
>> power, it was only meant to supply power WHEN THE MAINS WAS AVAILABLE
>> so "in place of" NOT "in the absence of" mains power.
>>
>> The SOLAR BATTERY GROUP will, however, sell you, for $1,300, an
>> optional extra, a Power Outlet connected directly to the Battery
>> System which will supply up to 3kW maximum .... but, still, during an
>> outage, you'd have to go out to the Battery (or the special power
>> outlet adjacent to it) with a extension cord to plug in your most
>> desireable (less than 3kW) devices!!
>>
>> I suppose, eventually (if I live long enough), I'll get back my $8,000
>> for the battery and $2,500 (I think) for the original Solar Panels
>> .... but who knows!! ;-(
>>
>> Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.
>
> So what does it do then?? Charge battery during the day, and export
> power during the night for 7 cents per kWh?

Charge during the day from the Panel excess THEN supply power during the
evening intil Battery charge level is about 10% then you get power from
Mains .... until the Panels start suppling energy after Sunrise!!

The Panels export power into mains when they have fully charged the
Battery whilst supplying Home requirements!
--
Daniel

Re: Just for your information .....

<7jtgpi5c7i7q0ei1m48oeguvqs57vrhrkr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32399&group=aus.politics#32399

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 08:41:44 +1100
 by: Petzl - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 21:41 UTC

On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 19:31:00 +1100, Daniel65
<daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>Ozix wrote on 4/1/24 8:12 pm:
>> Daniel65 wrote:
>>> Back in 2020, having a bit of money to spare, I had a 18 panel, 4.5kW
>>> Solar Panel system installed and now, having more money to spare, I
>>> paid Solar Battery Group just over $8,000 to install a 5kW Battery,
>>> thinking that would give me Power security .... but NO!
>>>
>>> Yesterday, at about 7:15p.m., the local Mains power went out and I was
>>> left in darkness. Surprise, surprise, when the Mains back on about a
>>> min later, so did my Power. At about 10:00p.m., when I checked my
>>> Power System, the battery was still indicating over 60% full.
>>>
>>> So this morning I rang the Solar Battery Group, the supply/install
>>> firm, and they said the Solar Battery arrangement had worked as
>>> expected. The system wasn't meant to maintain power in place if Mains
>>> power, it was only meant to supply power WHEN THE MAINS WAS AVAILABLE
>>> so "in place of" NOT "in the absence of" mains power.
>>>
>>> The SOLAR BATTERY GROUP will, however, sell you, for $1,300, an
>>> optional extra, a Power Outlet connected directly to the Battery
>>> System which will supply up to 3kW maximum .... but, still, during an
>>> outage, you'd have to go out to the Battery (or the special power
>>> outlet adjacent to it) with a extension cord to plug in your most
>>> desireable (less than 3kW) devices!!
>>>
>>> I suppose, eventually (if I live long enough), I'll get back my $8,000
>>> for the battery and $2,500 (I think) for the original Solar Panels
>>> .... but who knows!! ;-(
>>>
>>> Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.
>>
>> So what does it do then?? Charge battery during the day, and export
>> power during the night for 7 cents per kWh?
>
>Charge during the day from the Panel excess THEN supply power during the
>evening intil Battery charge level is about 10% then you get power from
>Mains .... until the Panels start suppling energy after Sunrise!!
>
>The Panels export power into mains when they have fully charged the
>Battery whilst supplying Home requirements!

My biggest charge on power/gas bill for me is the meter reading
charge, now called "supply" fee.
Doubt if I will live long enough to get a return though on
Solar/Battery, country properties can have a even larger fee, so might
make sense to do both, Dechucker did and seemed pleased.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g3h0tbgbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32402&group=aus.politics#32402

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 09:27:55 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 22:27 UTC

On Sat, 06 Jan 2024 08:41:44 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 19:31:00 +1100, Daniel65
> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> Ozix wrote on 4/1/24 8:12 pm:

>>> So what does it do then?? Charge battery during the day, and export
>>> power during the night for 7 cents per kWh?
>>
>> Charge during the day from the Panel excess THEN supply power during the
>> evening intil Battery charge level is about 10% then you get power from
>> Mains .... until the Panels start suppling energy after Sunrise!!
>>
>> The Panels export power into mains when they have fully charged the
>> Battery whilst supplying Home requirements!
>>
> My biggest charge on power/gas bill for me is the meter reading
> charge, now called "supply" fee.
> Doubt if I will live long enough to get a return though on
> Solar/Battery, country properties can have a even larger fee, so might
> make sense to do both, Dechucker did and seemed pleased.

Very few are off grid so still have the fixed change.

Re: Just for your information .....

<0g2hpi1ph604b0sgbdcbe2vmtd7h97aoop@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32404&group=aus.politics#32404

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 10:03:00 +1100
 by: Petzl - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 23:03 UTC

On Sat, 06 Jan 2024 09:27:55 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 06 Jan 2024 08:41:44 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 19:31:00 +1100, Daniel65
>> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>>> Charge during the day from the Panel excess THEN supply power during the
>>> evening intil Battery charge level is about 10% then you get power from
>>> Mains .... until the Panels start suppling energy after Sunrise!!
>>>
>>> The Panels export power into mains when they have fully charged the
>>> Battery whilst supplying Home requirements!
>>>
>> My biggest charge on power/gas bill for me is the meter reading
>> charge, now called "supply" fee.
>> Doubt if I will live long enough to get a return though on
>> Solar/Battery, country properties can have a even larger fee, so might
>> make sense to do both, Dechucker did and seemed pleased.
>
>Very few are off grid so still have the fixed change.

You do lose the feed back to grid also, in this case there is no fixed
charge, But you are on your own for power reliability.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: Just for your information .....

<unal4i$ga4t$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32416&group=aus.politics#32416

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 15:32:18 +1100
 by: Fran - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 04:32 UTC

On 4/01/2024 7:51 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
> Back in 2020, having a bit of money to spare, I had a 18 panel, 4.5kW
> Solar Panel system installed and now, having more money to spare, I paid
> Solar Battery Group just over $8,000 to install a 5kW Battery, thinking
> that would give me Power security .... but NO!
>
> Yesterday, at about 7:15p.m., the local Mains power went out and I was
> left in darkness. Surprise, surprise, when the Mains back on about a min
> later, so did my Power. At about 10:00p.m., when I checked my Power
> System, the battery was still indicating over 60% full.
>
> So this morning I rang the Solar Battery Group, the supply/install firm,
> and they said the Solar Battery arrangement had worked as expected. The
> system wasn't meant to maintain power in place if Mains power, it was
> only meant to supply power WHEN THE MAINS WAS AVAILABLE so "in place of"
> NOT "in the absence of" mains power.

OMG. That is a good warning to the rest of us. Did you not read their
terms and conditions or contract closely enough or not ask sufficiently
pointed questions?

> The SOLAR BATTERY GROUP will, however, sell you, for $1,300, an optional
> extra, a Power Outlet connected directly to the Battery System which
> will supply up to 3kW maximum .... but, still, during an outage, you'd
> have to go out to the Battery (or the special power outlet adjacent to
> it) with a extension cord to plug in your most desireable (less than
> 3kW) devices!!
>
> I suppose, eventually (if I live long enough), I'll get back my $8,000
> for the battery and $2,500 (I think) for the original Solar Panels ....
> but who knows!! ;-(
>
> Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.

We are but from now on we'll avoid that mob.

Re: Just for your information .....

<unb7g2$i8sk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32419&group=aus.politics#32419

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 20:45:35 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 09:45 UTC

Rod Speed wrote on 6/1/24 9:27 am:
> On Sat, 06 Jan 2024 08:41:44 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 19:31:00 +1100, Daniel65
>> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

<Snip>

>>> Charge during the day from the Panel excess THEN supply power
>>> during the evening intil Battery charge level is about 10% then
>>> you get power from Mains .... until the Panels start suppling
>>> energy after Sunrise!!
>>>
>>> The Panels export power into mains when they have fully charged
>>> the Battery whilst supplying Home requirements!
>>>
>> My biggest charge on power/gas bill for me is the meter reading
>> charge, now called "supply" fee. Doubt if I will live long enough
>> to get a return though on Solar/Battery, country properties can
>> have a even larger fee, so might make sense to do both, Dechucker
>> did and seemed pleased.
>
> Very few are off grid so still have the fixed change.

And has anyone else noted that, instead of just increasing the cost of
the actual Electricity used, they can increase the "Supply Charge", i.e.
the Poles and Wires fee, rather than for the Watts used ..... cause that
might mean they would have to pay more for the Watts received!!

Can't say I've seen more line workers out and about!!
--
Daniel

Re: Just for your information .....

<unb803$iask$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32420&group=aus.politics#32420

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 20:54:09 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 09:54 UTC

Fran wrote on 6/1/24 3:32 pm:
> On 4/01/2024 7:51 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
>> Back in 2020, having a bit of money to spare, I had a 18 panel,
>> 4.5kW Solar Panel system installed and now, having more money to
>> spare, I paid Solar Battery Group just over $8,000 to install a 5kW
>> Battery, thinking that would give me Power security .... but NO!
>>
>> Yesterday, at about 7:15p.m., the local Mains power went out and I
>> was left in darkness. Surprise, surprise, when the Mains back on
>> about a min later, so did my Power. At about 10:00p.m., when I
>> checked my Power System, the battery was still indicating over 60%
>> full.
>>
>> So this morning I rang the Solar Battery Group, the supply/install
>> firm, and they said the Solar Battery arrangement had worked as
>> expected. The system wasn't meant to maintain power in place if
>> Mains power, it was only meant to supply power WHEN THE MAINS WAS
>> AVAILABLE so "in place of" NOT "in the absence of" mains power.
>
> OMG. That is a good warning to the rest of us. Did you not read
> their terms and conditions or contract closely enough or not ask
> sufficiently pointed questions?

No and No!

When I rang to complain, after several minutes of Muzak, the operator
came back and explained that this condition was explained in one of the
documents attached to the original Offer .... on page 12 of 14 of the
second document!!

>> The SOLAR BATTERY GROUP will, however, sell you, for $1,300, an
>> optional extra, a Power Outlet connected directly to the Battery
>> System which will supply up to 3kW maximum .... but, still, during
>> an outage, you'd have to go out to the Battery (or the special
>> power outlet adjacent to it) with a extension cord to plug in your
>> most desireable (less than 3kW) devices!!
>>
>> I suppose, eventually (if I live long enough), I'll get back my
>> $8,000 for the battery and $2,500 (I think) for the original Solar
>> Panels .... but who knows!! ;-(
>>
>> Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.
>
> We are but from now on we'll avoid that mob.

Glad to be of service!! Make sure you ask similar questions of ANY mob!!
BEFORE YOU PAY A DEPOSIT!!

--
Daniel

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g4xr7ijbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32423&group=aus.politics#32423

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 04:05:57 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 17:05 UTC

On Sat, 06 Jan 2024 20:45:35 +1100, Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org>
wrote:

> Rod Speed wrote on 6/1/24 9:27 am:
>> On Sat, 06 Jan 2024 08:41:44 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> <Snip>

>>> My biggest charge on power/gas bill for me is the meter reading
>>> charge, now called "supply" fee. Doubt if I will live long enough
>>> to get a return though on Solar/Battery, country properties can
>>> have a even larger fee, so might make sense to do both, Dechucker
>>> did and seemed pleased.
>> Very few are off grid so still have the fixed change.

> And has anyone else noted that, instead of just increasing the cost of
> the actual Electricity used, they can increase the "Supply Charge", i.e.
> the Poles and Wires fee, rather than for the Watts used ..... cause that
> might mean they would have to pay more for the Watts received!!

Nope, because otherwise they would be providing a backup for when
the solar panels didnt produce enough suplus power to be able to
power the house thru the night and dawn/dusk times from the battery.

No reason why that should be provided for free.

Same with installations that are just there to provide power
for the light when someone unusually shows up at night to
a garage or shed in a separate property. No reason why the
power supplier should have to do that for peanuts for decades.

> Can't say I've seen more line workers out and about!!

I have.

Re: Just for your information .....

<und8ef$vb3v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32439&group=aus.politics#32439

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:14:06 +1100
 by: Fran - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 04:14 UTC

On 6/01/2024 8:54 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
> Fran wrote on 6/1/24 3:32 pm:
>> On 4/01/2024 7:51 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
>>> Back in 2020, having a bit of money to spare, I had a 18 panel,
>>> 4.5kW Solar Panel system installed and now, having more money to
>>> spare, I paid Solar Battery Group just over $8,000 to install a 5kW
>>> Battery, thinking that would give me Power security .... but NO!
>>>
>>> Yesterday, at about 7:15p.m., the local Mains power went out and I
>>> was left in darkness. Surprise, surprise, when the Mains back on
>>> about a min later, so did my Power. At about 10:00p.m., when I
>>> checked my Power System, the battery was still indicating over 60%
>>> full.
>>>
>>> So this morning I rang the Solar Battery Group, the supply/install
>>>  firm, and they said the Solar Battery arrangement had worked as
>>> expected. The system wasn't meant to maintain power in place if
>>> Mains power, it was only meant to supply power WHEN THE MAINS WAS
>>> AVAILABLE so "in place of" NOT "in the absence of" mains power.
>>
>> OMG.  That is a good warning to the rest of us.  Did you not read
>> their terms and conditions or contract closely enough or not ask
>> sufficiently pointed questions?
>
> No and No!
>
> When I rang to complain, after several minutes of Muzak, the operator
> came back and explained that this condition was explained in one of the
> documents attached to the original Offer .... on page 12 of 14 of the
> second document!!

Probably very carefully placed....

>>> The SOLAR BATTERY GROUP will, however, sell you, for $1,300, an
>>> optional extra, a Power Outlet connected directly to the Battery
>>> System which will supply up to 3kW maximum .... but, still, during
>>> an outage, you'd have to go out to the Battery (or the special
>>> power outlet adjacent to it) with a extension cord to plug in your
>>> most desireable (less than 3kW) devices!!
>>>
>>> I suppose, eventually (if I live long enough), I'll get back my
>>> $8,000 for the battery and $2,500 (I think) for the original Solar
>>> Panels .... but who knows!! ;-(
>>>
>>> Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.
>>
>> We are but from now on we'll avoid that mob.
>>
> Glad to be of service!!

:-))

Make sure you ask similar questions of ANY mob!!
> BEFORE YOU PAY A DEPOSIT!!

I'm sure my husband will. He used to organise multi million dollar
contracts and very little gets past him, ever.

Re: Just for your information .....

<unds1b$11h0o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32443&group=aus.politics#32443

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:48:25 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 09:48 UTC

Rod Speed wrote on 7/1/24 4:05 am:
> On Sat, 06 Jan 2024 20:45:35 +1100, Daniel65
> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> Rod Speed wrote on 6/1/24 9:27 am:
>>
>> <Snip>

>>> Very few are off grid so still have the fixed change.
>
>> And has anyone else noted that, instead of just increasing the cost of
>> the actual Electricity used, they can increase the "Supply Charge",
>> i.e. the Poles and Wires fee, rather than for the Watts used .....
>> cause that might mean they would have to pay more for the Watts
>> received!!
>
> Nope, because otherwise they would be providing a backup for when
> the solar panels didnt produce enough suplus power to be able to
> power the house thru the night and dawn/dusk times from the battery.

Which is EXACTLY what they do do, Roddles, like today, with all the rain
clouds about, the Solar Panels have produced bugger all power, so the
battery has had bugger all charge on it all day, so I've been drawing
from the mains .... like old!!

> No reason why that should be provided for free.

And, of course, they haven't been providing it for free all these years,
Roddles. I don't know about your bills, Roddles, but, for years, my bill
has shown "Usage and supply charges".

I just happen to have my latest Bill handle. Peak and Off-peak power
total $160.67 and the Daily Supply (i.e. poles and wires) $119.26 ....
so about 40% of the Quarters Bill is for 'poles and wires'!!

And, on a more sunny day, they still pay me bugger all for the power I
do export into the system .... which they can then charge YOU and
everyone else the higher Supply Charge!

> Same with installations that are just there to provide power
> for the light when someone unusually shows up at night to
> a garage or shed in a separate property. No reason why the
> power supplier should have to do that for peanuts for decades.

Correct .... but they've been doing it for decades .... so why should it
cost proportionally more NOW!!

>> Can't say I've seen more line workers out and about!!
>
> I have.

Oh!! Well, maybe you are getting good value for money, Roddles!!
--
Daniel

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g580wqybyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32444&group=aus.politics#32444

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 21:06:22 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 10:06 UTC

On Sun, 07 Jan 2024 20:48:25 +1100, Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org>
wrote:

> Rod Speed wrote on 7/1/24 4:05 am:
>> On Sat, 06 Jan 2024 20:45:35 +1100, Daniel65
>> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> <Snip>

>>> And has anyone else noted that, instead of just increasing the cost of
>>> the actual Electricity used, they can increase the "Supply Charge",
>>> i.e. the Poles and Wires fee, rather than for the Watts used .....
>>> cause that might mean they would have to pay more for the Watts
>>> received!!

>> Nope, because otherwise they would be providing a backup for when
>> the solar panels didnt produce enough suplus power to be able to
>> power the house thru the night and dawn/dusk times from the battery.

> Which is EXACTLY what they do do, Roddles, like today, with all the rain
> clouds about, the Solar Panels have produced bugger all power, so the
> battery has had bugger all charge on it all day, so I've been drawing
> from the mains .... like old!!

So it makes sense to charge you a fixed charge for providing
that backup, not just charging you for the electricity you actually
used from the grid, given that doesnt happen that often.

>> No reason why that should be provided for free.

> And, of course, they haven't been providing it for free all these years,
> Roddles. I don't know about your bills, Roddles, but, for years, my bill
> has shown "Usage and supply charges".

> I just happen to have my latest Bill handle. Peak and Off-peak power
> total $160.67 and the Daily Supply (i.e. poles and wires) $119.26 ....
> so about 40% of the Quarters Bill is for 'poles and wires'!!

Makes no sense to just charge you $160.

> And, on a more sunny day, they still pay me buggerall for the power I
> do export into the system ....

Because its no use to them in that situation.

> which they can then charge YOU and everyone else the higher Supply
> Charge!

>> Same with installations that are just there to provide power
>> for the light when someone unusually shows up at night to
>> a garage or shed in a separate property. No reason why the
>> power supplier should have to do that for peanuts for decades.

> Correct .... but they've been doing it for decades ....so why should it
> cost proportionally more NOW!!

Because the previous approach made no sense.

>>> Can't say I've seen more line workers out and about!!

>> I have.

> Oh!! Well, maybe you are getting good value for money, Roddles!!

Re: Just for your information .....

<7h1mpids6g331cq1t33q5s81h6h3l1j6ii@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32449&group=aus.politics#32449

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 07:19:38 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:19 UTC

>Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.

My old aunt had a hobby farm in a remote wilderness area.

It ran on solar panels,

But there was a large shed filled with lead-acid batteries to store
power.

And a small stand-by diesel generator, just in case.

It seems the future of "solar power" depends on the dev elopement of
large storage capacity.

Also, 3-phase power is useful on a farm.

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g65tdurbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32452&group=aus.politics#32452

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 08:54:39 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 21:54 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>> Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.

> My old aunt had a hobby farm in a remote wilderness area.

And that is presumably why the symptoms of incest are so obvious in you.

> It ran on solar panels,

> But there was a large shed filled withlead-acid batteries to store power.

> And a small stand-by diesel generator, just in case.

> It seems the future of "solar power" dependson the developement of
> large storage capacity.

Nope, Not in this country, we are doing Snowy 2.0
instead, a vastly better approach than any batterys.

> Also, 3-phase power is useful on a farm.

Depends on the farm. Hardly ever anymore.

Re: Just for your information .....

<36empitjj8sn1obffht42k6egupg9ulf8i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32453&group=aus.politics#32453

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 10:58:22 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 23:58 UTC

On Mon, 08 Jan 2024 08:54:39 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>
>>> Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.
>
>> My old aunt had a hobby farm in a remote wilderness area.
>
>And that is presumably why the symptoms of incest are so obvious in you.

Well, that's one step up from an inter-species troll, farrowed from
you know who!

>> It ran on solar panels,
>
>> But there was a large shed filled withlead-acid batteries to store power.
>
>> And a small stand-by diesel generator, just in case.
>
>> It seems the future of "solar power" dependson the developement of
>> large storage capacity.
>
>Nope, Not in this country, we are doing Snowy 2.0
>instead, a vastly better approach than any batterys.

What are you talking about? Are all solar panels to be connected to
water pumps and the water pumped up hill? Like Jack & Jill?
Where's the water coming from? The mains?
Why not fly-wheel storage? Are you house bound?

>> Also, 3-phase power is useful on a farm.
>
>Depends on the farm. Hardly ever anymore.

Re: Just for your information .....

<0rgmpi9scjl2hcele9qqa5c8mq7bcd86qc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32454&group=aus.politics#32454

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 11:46:57 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 00:46 UTC

On Mon, 08 Jan 2024 08:54:39 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>
>>> Just FYI .... if you are considering getting a Battery installed.
>
>> My old aunt had a hobby farm in a remote wilderness area.
>
>And that is presumably why the symptoms of incest are so obvious in you.
>
>> It ran on solar panels,
>
>> But there was a large shed filled withlead-acid batteries to store power.
>
>> And a small stand-by diesel generator, just in case.
>
>> It seems the future of "solar power" dependson the developement of
>> large storage capacity.
>
>Nope, Not in this country, we are doing Snowy 2.0
>instead, a vastly better approach than any batterys.

Seemed like a good idea at the time, the Snowy 2.0 is hitting problems
in cost and completion time. We will be dead before it's completed
which may be 80 years!
<https://www.afr.com/companies/energy/renewable-energy-target-bulls-says-former-snowy-hydro-boss-20230504-p5d5or>
or https://t.ly/DC7zs
Renewable energy target ‘bulls---’, says former Snowy Hydro boss
“You can’t. And the truth is, we need this transition. If it ever
occurs, it will take 80 years, not eight. So, there’s massive changes
[that] need to occur. And I’m deeply concerned about the rush,”

>> Also, 3-phase power is useful on a farm.
>
>Depends on the farm. Hardly ever anymore.

Yes a farmer has to pay for transmission lines plus the cost of a
transformer. then a very high "supply charge" on power used!
--
Petzl
The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g7ew3o0byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32455&group=aus.politics#32455

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 12:11:17 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 01:11 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> My old aunt had a hobby farm in a remote wilderness area.

>> And that is presumably why the symptoms of incest are so obvious in you.

> Well, that's one step up from an inter-species troll, farrowed from
> you know who!

Any 3 year old could leave that for dead.

>>> It ran on solar panels,

>>> But there was a large shed filled withlead-acid batteries to store
>>> power.

>>> And a small stand-by diesel generator, just in case.

>>> It seems the future of "solar power" depends
>>> on the developement of large storage capacity.

>> Nope, Not in this country, we are doing Snowy 2.0
>> instead, a vastly better approach than any batterys.

> What are you talking about?

Snowy 2.0 is pumped hydro which is vastly better than batterys.

> Are all solar panels to be connected to water pumps

Most are, via the grid and always have been, yep

> and the water pumped up hill?

Yep, from one snowy dam to another. That's the main
purpose of the snowy scheme, it isnt just about shifting
water from the snowy river to the murrinbidgee.

> Like Jack & Jill?

Nope, no kids involved.

> Where's the water coming from?

Some of the snowy dams and ultimately from rain.

Funky concept I realise.

> The mains?

Nope, no mains involved in Snowy 2.0, just fucking
great tunnels between a couple of snowy dams.

> Why not fly-wheel storage?

Nothing even remotely like the energy
storage available with Snowy 2.0

> Are you house bound?

Nope, dope.

>>> Also, 3-phase power is useful on a farm.

>> Depends on the farm. Hardly ever anymore.

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g7e69lsbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32456&group=aus.politics#32456

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 12:17:23 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 01:17 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> My old aunt had a hobby farm in a remote wilderness area.

>> And that is presumably why the symptoms of incest are so obvious in you.

>>> It ran on solar panels,

>>> But there was a large shed filled with
>>> lead-acid batteries to store power.

>>> And a small stand-by diesel generator, just in case.

>>> It seems the future of "solar power" depends
>>> on the developement of large storage capacity.

>> Nope, Not in this country, we are doing Snowy 2.0
>> instead, a vastly better approach than any batterys.

> Seemed like a good idea at the time,

Still is.

> the Snowy 2.0 is hitting problems in cost and completion time.

Neither are any big deal.

> We will be dead before it's completed

You may well be, but I won't be.

> which may be 80 years!

Not even the remotest possibility of
that unless that fool Albo cancels it.

> <https://www.afr.com/companies/energy/renewable-energy-target-bulls-says-former-snowy-hydro-boss-20230504-p5d5or>
> or https://t.ly/DC7zs

Just because some fool journo claims something...

> Renewable energy target ‘bulls---’, says former Snowy Hydro boss
> “You can’t. And the truth is, we need this transition. If it ever
> occurs, it will take 80 years, not eight. So, there’s massive changes
> [that] need to occur. And I’m deeply concerned about the rush,”

That's not taking about Snowy 2.0

>>> Also, 3-phase power is useful on a farm.

>> Depends on the farm. Hardly ever anymore.

> Yes a farmer has to pay for transmission lines plus the cost of a
> transformer. then a very high "supply charge" on power used!

Not true of hobby farms in the higher density areas,

Re: Just for your information .....

<39mmpi1o0j8fck8pf5l4trtb4b4hdkti63@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32458&group=aus.politics#32458

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 13:18:05 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 02:18 UTC

On Mon, 08 Jan 2024 12:11:17 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> And that is presumably why the symptoms of incest are so obvious in you.
>
>> Well, that's one step up from an inter-species troll, farrowed from
>> you know who!
>
>Any 3 year old could leave that for dead.

Ewe are the rudest Troll ever!

>>> Nope, Not in this country, we are doing Snowy 2.0
>>> instead, a vastly better approach than any batterys.
>
>> What are you talking about?
>
>Snowy 2.0 is pumped hydro which is vastly better than batterys.

This has NOTHING to do with the Snowy River thing.
I'm talking about an isolated farm, off the freaking grid, being able
to live off solar panels....and to do this successfully very large
battery capacity is needed, preferably with 3-phase facility, because
single-phase motors are less efficient. Only Aluminum based batteries
will do the job because Li is monovalent and Al is trivalent. I'm
waiting for the latter before I get involved; capische?
Jeeezuz!

>> Are all solar panels to be connected to water pumps
>
>Most are, via the grid and always have been, yep
>
>> and the water pumped up hill?
>
>Yep, from one snowy dam to another. That's the main
>purpose of the snowy scheme, it isnt just about shifting
>water from the snowy river to the murrinbidgee.
>
>> Like Jack & Jill?
>
>Nope, no kids involved.
>
>> Where's the water coming from?
>
>Some of the snowy dams and ultimately from rain.
>
>Funky concept I realise.
>
>> The mains?
>
>Nope, no mains involved in Snowy 2.0, just fucking
>great tunnels between a couple of snowy dams.
>
>> Why not fly-wheel storage?
>
>Nothing even remotely like the energy
>storage available with Snowy 2.0
>
>> Are you house bound?
>
>Nope, dope.

>>> Depends on the farm. Hardly ever anymore.

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g7laxvmbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32459&group=aus.politics#32459

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 14:29:11 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 03:29 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Well, that's one step up from an inter-species troll, farrowed from
>>> you know who!

>> Any 3 year old could leave that for dead.

> Ewe are the rudest Troll ever!

Fuck off, sheep shagger.

>>> What are you talking about?

>> Snowy 2.0 is pumped hydro which is vastly better than batterys.

> This has NOTHING to do with the Snowy River thing.

Snowy 2.0 is the alternative to batterys, stupid.

> I'm talking about an isolated farm, off the freaking grid,

In fact fuck all of those with solar panels are off grid.

> being able to live off solar panels....

That's not living, thats incest.

> and to do this successfully very large battery capacity is needed,

Not anymore.

> preferably with 3-phase facility, because
> single-phase motors are less efficient.

No one really needs efficient motors on farms anymore.

> Only Aluminum based batteries will do the jobbecause Li is monovalent
> and Al is trivalent.

You'll end up completely blind if you don't watch out.

> I'm waiting for the latter before I get involved; capische?

Fuck off, wog boy. 4

> Jeeezuz!

We nailed that bugger off a long time ago.

>>> Are all solar panels to be connected to water pumps

>> Most are, via the grid and always have been, yep

>>> and the water pumped up hill?

>> Yep, from one snowy dam to another. That's the main
>> purpose of the snowy scheme, it isnt just about shifting
>> water from the snowy river to the murrinbidgee.

>>> Like Jack & Jill?

>> Nope, no kids involved.

>>> Where's the water coming from?

>> Some of the snowy dams and ultimately from rain.

>> Funky concept I realise.

>>> The mains?

>> Nope, no mains involved in Snowy 2.0, just fucking
>> great tunnels between a couple of snowy dams.

>>> Why not fly-wheel storage?

>> Nothing even remotely like the energy
>> storage available with Snowy 2.0

>>> Are you house bound?

>> Nope, dope.

Re: Just for your information .....

<t1umpid53uquc01m2mnua28ggc7khrjo9e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32460&group=aus.politics#32460

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 15:25:47 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 04:25 UTC

On Mon, 08 Jan 2024 12:17:23 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> And that is presumably why the symptoms of incest are so obvious in you.

>>> Nope, Not in this country, we are doing Snowy 2.0
>>> instead, a vastly better approach than any batterys.
>
>> Seemed like a good idea at the time,
>
>Still is.
>
>> the Snowy 2.0 is hitting problems in cost and completion time.
>
>Neither are any big deal.
>
>> We will be dead before it's completed
>
>You may well be, but I won't be.
>
>> which may be 80 years!
>
>Not even the remotest possibility of
>that unless that fool Albo cancels it.
>
>> <https://www.afr.com/companies/energy/renewable-energy-target-bulls-says-former-snowy-hydro-boss-20230504-p5d5or>
>> or https://t.ly/DC7zs
>
>Just because some fool journo claims something...
>
>> Renewable energy target ‘bulls---’, says former Snowy Hydro boss
>> “You can’t. And the truth is, we need this transition. If it ever
>> occurs, it will take 80 years, not eight. So, there’s massive changes
>> [that] need to occur. And I’m deeply concerned about the rush,”
>
>That's not taking about Snowy 2.0

There are others
<https://theconversation.com/pushing-water-uphill-snowy-2-0-was-a-bad-idea-from-the-start-lets-not-make-the-same-mistake-again-216170>
https://t.ly/80LtM
Pushing water uphill: Snowy 2.0 was a bad idea from the start. Let’s
not make the same mistake again
Published: October 24, 2023 12:23am EDT
Last night ABC’s Four Corners investigated the problem-plagued Snowy
2.0 pumped hydro power station, focusing on a bogged tunnelling
machine, toxic gas and an unexpected volume of sludge.
While these specific problems are new, we have criticised this project
since 2019 and outlined six key problems even earlier elsewhere.

>>> Depends on the farm. Hardly ever anymore.
>
>> Yes a farmer has to pay for transmission lines plus the cost of a
>> transformer. then a very high "supply charge" on power used!
>
>Not true of hobby farms in the higher density areas,

Correct
--
Petzl
Jesus “taught with authority” (Matthew 7:29), and the risen Lord gave

Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:
"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g7pjigibyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32461&group=aus.politics#32461

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 16:00:44 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 05:00 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Seemed like a good idea at the time,

>> Still is.

>>> the Snowy 2.0 is hitting problems in cost and completion time.

>> Neither are any big deal.

>>> We will be dead before it's completed

>> You may well be, but I won't be.

>>> which may be 80 years!

>> Not even the remotest possibility of
>> that unless that fool Albo cancels it.

>>> <https://www.afr.com/companies/energy/renewable-energy-target-bulls-says-former-snowy-hydro-boss-20230504-p5d5or>
>>> or https://t.ly/DC7zs

>> Just because some fool journo claims something...

>>> Renewable energy target ‘bulls---’, says former Snowy Hydro boss
>>> “You can’t. And the truth is, we need this transition. If it ever
>>> occurs, it will take 80 years, not eight. So, there’s massive changes
>>> [that] need to occur. And I’m deeply concerned about the rush,”

>> That's not taking about Snowy 2.0

> There are others
> <https://theconversation.com/pushing-water-uphill-snowy-2-0-was-a-bad-idea-from-the-start-lets-not-make-the-same-mistake-again-216170>
> https://t.ly/80LtM

Just because more than one fool claims something...

> Pushing water uphill: Snowy 2.0 was a bad idea from the start.

How odd that the Snowy scheme has worked
fine for more than 70 fucking years now.

> Let’s not make the same mistake again

Lets not take any notice of fools that have never had a fucking clue.

> Published: October 24, 2023 12:23am EDT
> Last night ABC’s Four Corners investigatedthe problem-plagued Snowy 2.0

It isnt problem plauged, its just had the one problem,
the tunnel boring machine got stuck for a while.

> pumped hydro power station,

It isnt a fucking power station.

> focusing on a bogged tunnelling machine,

It didnt get bogged, it got stuck for a while.

> toxic gas

There is no toxic gas.

> and an unexpected volume of sludge.

Thats another pig ignorant lie.

> While these specific problems are new, we have criticised this project
> since 2019 and outlined six key problems even earlier elsewhere.

You have never had a fucking clue.

It will be viable for FAR longer than any battery can ever be.

>>> Yes a farmer has to pay for transmission lines plus the cost of a
>>> transformer. then a very high "supply charge" on power used!

>> Not true of hobby farms in the higher density areas,

> Correct

Re: Just for your information .....

<0qqopip5nsskirmo5pcik5ha0j3vc3h74g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32465&group=aus.politics#32465

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 08:42:19 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 21:42 UTC

On Mon, 08 Jan 2024 16:00:44 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
snip
>> There are others
>> <https://theconversation.com/pushing-water-uphill-snowy-2-0-was-a-bad-idea-from-the-start-lets-not-make-the-same-mistake-again-216170>
>> https://t.ly/80LtM
>
>Just because more than one fool claims something...
>
>> Pushing water uphill: Snowy 2.0 was a bad idea from the start.
>
>How odd that the Snowy scheme has worked
>fine for more than 70 fucking years now.
>
>> Let’s not make the same mistake again
>
>Lets not take any notice of fools that have never had a fucking clue.
>
>> Published: October 24, 2023 12:23am EDT
>> Last night ABC’s Four Corners investigatedthe problem-plagued Snowy 2.0
>
>It isnt problem plauged, its just had the one problem,
>the tunnel boring machine got stuck for a while.
>
>> pumped hydro power station,
>
>It isnt a fucking power station.
>
>> focusing on a bogged tunnelling machine,
>
>It didnt get bogged, it got stuck for a while.
>
>> toxic gas
>
>There is no toxic gas.
>
>> and an unexpected volume of sludge.
>
>Thats another pig ignorant lie.
>
>> While these specific problems are new, we have criticised this project
>> since 2019 and outlined six key problems even earlier elsewhere.
>
>You have never had a fucking clue.
>
>It will be viable for FAR longer than any battery can ever be.

This shows what is hopeful way Snowy 2.0 will work
<https://theconversation.com/five-gifs-that-explain-how-pumped-hydro-actually-works-112610>
or https://t.ly/dUUeM
Five animated gif's that explain how pumped hydro actually works
Snip