Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: Just for your information .....

SubjectAuthor
* Just for your information .....Daniel65
+* Just for your information .....Ozix
|+- Just for your information .....Rod Speed
|`* Just for your information .....Daniel65
| `* Just for your information .....Petzl
|  `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
|   +- Just for your information .....Petzl
|   `* Just for your information .....Daniel65
|    `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
|     `* Just for your information .....Daniel65
|      `- Just for your information .....Rod Speed
+* Just for your information .....Fran
|`* Just for your information .....Daniel65
| `- Just for your information .....Fran
`* Just for your information .....Peter Jason
 `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
  +* Just for your information .....Peter Jason
  |`* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
  | `* Just for your information .....Peter Jason
  |  `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
  |   `* Just for your information .....Peter Jason
  |    `- Just for your information .....Rod Speed
  `* Just for your information .....Petzl
   `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
    `* Just for your information .....Petzl
     `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
      `* Just for your information .....Petzl
       `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
        `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
         `* Just for your information .....Petzl
          `* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
           +* Just for your information .....Petzl
           |`* Just for your information .....Rod Speed
           | `* Just for your information .....Petzl
           |  `- Just for your information .....Rod Speed
           `* Just for your information .....Daniel65
            `- Just for your information .....Rod Speed

Pages:12
Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g82ldlsbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32466&group=aus.politics#32466

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Re: Just for your information .....
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 09:40:15 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 22:40 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> There are others
>>> <https://theconversation.com/pushing-water-uphill-snowy-2-0-was-a-bad-idea-from-the-start-lets-not-make-the-same-mistake-again-216170>
>>> https://t.ly/80LtM

>> Just because more than one fool claims something...

>>> Pushing water uphill: Snowy 2.0 was a bad idea from the start.

>> How odd that the Snowy scheme has worked
>> fine for more than 70 fucking years now.

>>> Let’s not make the same mistake again

>> Lets not take any notice of fools that have never had a fucking clue.

>>> Published: October 24, 2023 12:23am EDT
>>> Last night ABC’s Four Corners investigated
>>> the problem-plagued Snowy 2.0

>> It isn't problem plagued, its just had the one problem,
>> the tunnel boring machine got stuck for a while.

>>> pumped hydro power station,

>> It isnt a fucking power station.

>>> focusing on a bogged tunnelling machine,

>> It didnt get bogged, it got stuck for a while.

>>> toxic gas

>> There is no toxic gas.

>>> and an unexpected volume of sludge.

>> Thats another pig ignorant lie.

>>> While these specific problems are new, we have criticised this project
>>> since 2019 and outlined six key problems even earlier elsewhere.

>> You have never had a fucking clue.

>> It will be viable for FAR longer than any battery can ever be.

> This shows what is hopeful way Snowy 2.0 will work

We know how it will work, the TBM will have what is needed to
tunnel thru very soft ground and the tunnel will be completed fine.

> <https://theconversation.com/five-gifs-that-explain-how-pumped-hydro-actually-works-112610>
> or https://t.ly/dUUeM
> Five animated gif's that explain how pumped hydro actually works

Anyone with a clue always knew how they work.

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g82vgwlbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32467&group=aus.politics#32467

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 09:46:18 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 22:46 UTC

Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Just because more than one fool claims something...

>>> How odd that the Snowy scheme has worked
>>> fine for more than 70 fucking years now.

>>> Lets not take any notice of fools that have never had a fucking clue..

>>> It isn't problem plagued, its just had the one problem,
>>> the tunnel boring machine got stuck for a while.

>>> It isnt a fucking power station.

>>> It didnt get bogged, it got stuck for a while.

>>> There is no toxic gas.

>>> Thats another pig ignorant lie.

>>> You have never had a fucking clue.
>
>>> It will be viable for FAR longer than any battery can ever be.
>
>> This shows what is hopeful way Snowy 2.0 will work
>
> We know how it will work, the TBM will have what is needed to
> tunnel thru very soft ground and the tunnel will be completed fine.
>
>> <https://theconversation.com/five-gifs-that-explain-how-pumped-hydro-actually-works-112610>
>> or https://t.ly/dUUeM
>> Five animated gif's that explain how pumped hydro actually works
>
> Anyone with a clue always knew how they work.

And that thing ignores the fact that pumped
hydro lasts MUCH longer than lithium batterys
and when the turbines need replacing, that is
a small part of the total original system, unlike
lithium batterys which are the whole of it.

Re: Just for your information .....

<q31ppip5lgpku6sj5uffqs1rckb6cqb3sb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32468&group=aus.politics#32468

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 10:29:06 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 23:29 UTC

On Mon, 08 Jan 2024 14:29:11 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> Any 3 year old could leave that for dead.
>
>> Ewe are the rudest Troll ever!
>
>Fuck off, sheep shagger.

>>> Snowy 2.0 is pumped hydro which is vastly better than batterys.
>
>> This has NOTHING to do with the Snowy River thing.
>
>Snowy 2.0 is the alternative to batterys, stupid.
>
>> I'm talking about an isolated farm, off the freaking grid,
>
>In fact fuck all of those with solar panels are off grid.
>
>> being able to live off solar panels....
>
>That's not living, thats incest.
>
>> and to do this successfully very large battery capacity is needed,
>
>Not anymore.
>
>> preferably with 3-phase facility, because
>> single-phase motors are less efficient.
>
>No one really needs efficient motors on farms anymore.
>
>> Only Aluminum based batteries will do the jobbecause Li is monovalent
>> and Al is trivalent.
>
>You'll end up completely blind if you don't watch out.

Is that a Red Herring?

>> I'm waiting for the latter before I get involved; capische?
>
>Fuck off, wog boy. 4
>
>> Jeeezuz!
>
>We nailed that bugger off a long time ago.

Oh, I see. When the Rod creature runs out of argument, he insults!
O the pity of it!

>>> Most are, via the grid and always have been, yep

>>> Yep, from one snowy dam to another. That's the main
>>> purpose of the snowy scheme, it isnt just about shifting
>>> water from the snowy river to the murrinbidgee.

>>> Nope, no kids involved.

>>> Some of the snowy dams and ultimately from rain.
>
>>> Funky concept I realise.

>>> Nope, no mains involved in Snowy 2.0, just fucking
>>> great tunnels between a couple of snowy dams.

>>> Nothing even remotely like the energy
>>> storage available with Snowy 2.0

>>> Nope, dope.

Re: Just for your information .....

<r42ppid7nu2uhrp9tq33ptcftnqu8ssu6c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32469&group=aus.politics#32469

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 10:48:11 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 23:48 UTC

On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 09:46:18 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> This shows what is hopeful way Snowy 2.0 will work
>>
>> We know how it will work, the TBM will have what is needed to
>> tunnel thru very soft ground and the tunnel will be completed fine.
>>
>>> <https://theconversation.com/five-gifs-that-explain-how-pumped-hydro-actually-works-112610>
>>> or https://t.ly/dUUeM
>>> Five animated gif's that explain how pumped hydro actually works
>>
>> Anyone with a clue always knew how they work.
>
>And that thing ignores the fact that pumped
>hydro lasts MUCH longer than lithium batterys
>and when the turbines need replacing, that is
>a small part of the total original system, unlike
>lithium batterys which are the whole of it.

Big Batteries for cities have now evolved since Lithium
(better and cheper)
<https://www.sify.com/technology/now-charging-giant-batteries-to-power-cities/#:~:text=Sodium-Ion%20Batteries%3A%20These%20use,so%20batteries%20will%20be%20heavier.>
or https://t.ly/TZ-aV
Sodium-Ion Batteries: These use a similar idea to Li-ion. The
differences are: sodium is 1000 times more abundant than lithium, is
up to 40% cheaper, is not as flammable, and has lower energy density
so batteries will be heavier. Thus Na-ion batteries may not be useful
to run your car but can be great for city-scale grids.
--
Petzl
Jesus “taught with authority” (Matthew 7:29), and the risen Lord gave

Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:
"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g86etxjbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32470&group=aus.politics#32470

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 11:02:43 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 00:02 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Ewe are the rudest Troll ever!

>> Fuck off, sheep shagger.

>>> This has NOTHING to do with the Snowy River thing.

>> Snowy 2.0 is the alternative to batterys, stupid.

>>> I'm talking about an isolated farm, off the freaking grid,

>> In fact fuck all of those with solar panels are off grid.

>>> being able to live off solar panels....

>> That's not living, thats incest.

>>> and to do this successfully very large battery capacity is needed,

>> Not anymore.

>>> preferably with 3-phase facility, because
>>> single-phase motors are less efficient.

>> No one really needs efficient motors on farms anymore.

>>> Only Aluminum based batteries will do the job
>>> because Li is monovalent and Al is trivalent.

>> You'll end up completely blind if you don't watch out.

> Is that a Red Herring?

Nope, just you wanking, as always.

>>> I'm waiting for the latter before I get involved; capische?

>> Fuck off, wog boy. 4

>>> Jeeezuz!

>> We nailed that bugger off a long time ago.

> Oh, I see. When the Rod creature runs out of argument, he insults!

That's not an insult, thats a fact.

> O the pity of it!

No pity for you, wog boy.

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g86mex6byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32471&group=aus.politics#32471

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 11:07:16 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 00:07 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> We know how it will work, the TBM will have what is needed to
>>> tunnel thru very soft ground and the tunnel will be completed fine.

>>> Anyone with a clue always knew how they work.
>>
>> And that thing ignores the fact that pumped
>> hydro lasts MUCH longer than lithium batterys
>> and when the turbines need replacing, that is
>> a small part of the total original system, unlike
>> lithium batterys which are the whole of it.

> Big Batteries for cities have now evolved since Lithium

Bullshit. No one has actually built one and we aren't talking about citys.
4

> (better and cheper)

Bullshit. And STILL don't last anything like as long as pumped hydro.

> <https://www.sify.com/technology/now-charging-giant-batteries-to-power-cities/#:~:text=Sodium-Ion%20Batteries%3A%20These%20use,so%20batteries%20will%20be%20heavier.>
> or https://t.ly/TZ-aV
> Sodium-Ion Batteries: These use a similar idea to Li-ion. The
> differences are: sodium is 1000 times more abundant than lithium, is
> up to 40% cheaper, is not as flammable,

That is pig ignorant bullshit.

> and has lower energy density
> so batteries will be heavier. Thus Na-ion batteries may not be useful
> to run your car but can be great for city-scale grids.

Nope, STILL don't last anything like as long as pumped hydro.

The main problem with pumped hydro is that few places
have anywhere where they can be done, but we do.

Re: Just for your information .....

<3d7ppi59rd8lc2t4ri7vuf84rn8tg4o41s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32473&group=aus.politics#32473

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 12:28:29 +1100
References: <un5rhv$3jl0j$1@dont-email.me> <7h1mpids6g331cq1t33q5s81h6h3l1j6ii@4ax.com> <op.2g65tdurbyq249@pvr2.lan> <0rgmpi9scjl2hcele9qqa5c8mq7bcd86qc@4ax.com> <op.2g7e69lsbyq249@pvr2.lan> <t1umpid53uquc01m2mnua28ggc7khrjo9e@4ax.com> <op.2g7pjigibyq249@pvr2.lan> <0qqopip5nsskirmo5pcik5ha0j3vc3h74g@4ax.com> <op.2g82ldlsbyq249@pvr2.lan> <op.2g82vgwlbyq249@pvr2.lan> <r42ppid7nu2uhrp9tq33ptcftnqu8ssu6c@4ax.com> <op.2g86mex6byq249@pvr2.lan>
 by: Petzl - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 01:28 UTC

On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 11:07:16 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> And that thing ignores the fact that pumped
>>> hydro lasts MUCH longer than lithium batterys
>>> and when the turbines need replacing, that is
>>> a small part of the total original system, unlike
>>> lithium batterys which are the whole of it.
>
>> Big Batteries for cities have now evolved since Lithium
>
>Bullshit. No one has actually built one and we aren't talking about citys.
>4
>
>> (better and cheper)
>
>Bullshit. And STILL don't last anything like as long as pumped hydro.
>
>> <https://www.sify.com/technology/now-charging-giant-batteries-to-power-cities/#:~:text=Sodium-Ion%20Batteries%3A%20These%20use,so%20batteries%20will%20be%20heavier.>
>> or https://t.ly/TZ-aV
>> Sodium-Ion Batteries: These use a similar idea to Li-ion. The
>> differences are: sodium is 1000 times more abundant than lithium, is
>> up to 40% cheaper, is not as flammable,
>
>That is pig ignorant bullshit.
>
>> and has lower energy density
>> so batteries will be heavier. Thus Na-ion batteries may not be useful
>> to run your car but can be great for city-scale grids.
>
>Nope, STILL don't last anything like as long as pumped hydro.
>
>The main problem with pumped hydro is that few places
>have anywhere where they can be done, but we do.

Who has existing "pumped hydro"
China is first to build one. But need independent check!
<https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/psh-water-battery-gobi-desert>
https://t.ly/Z8maF
or
Probably end up like a Spanish built submarine?
They will go down but never up again
<https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336953/Spains-1-75bn-submarine-programme-torpedoed-realising-near-complete-vessel-70-tonnes-heavy.html>
https://t.ly/LCAhs
the same Spaniards that built Sydney's unreliable light rail
<https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/03/16/cclh-m16.html>
--
Petzl
Jesus “taught with authority” (Matthew 7:29), and the risen Lord gave
his Apostles a share in his authority when he commissioned them to
make disciples from all the nations by teaching what he had commanded
them (Matthew 28:18–20).

Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:
"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g9cukzebyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32474&group=aus.politics#32474

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 13:21:46 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 02:21 UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pumped-storage_hydroelectric_power_stations

> China is first to build one.

Nope, the snowy system was MUCH earlier than that.

> But need independent check!

Nope.

> <https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/psh-water-battery-gobi-desert>
> https://t.ly/Z8maF
> or
> Probably end up like a Spanish built submarine?
> They will go down but never up again
> <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336953/Spains-1-75bn-submarine-programme-torpedoed-realising-near-complete-vessel-70-tonnes-heavy.html>
> https://t.ly/LCAhs
> the same Spaniards that built Sydney's unreliable light rail
> <https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/03/16/cclh-m16.html>

They aren't the ones doing Snowy 2.0

Re: Just for your information .....

<26fppip9vrndobk2235kcvtjvfg27n75kn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32477&group=aus.politics#32477

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 14:35:11 +1100
References: <7h1mpids6g331cq1t33q5s81h6h3l1j6ii@4ax.com> <op.2g65tdurbyq249@pvr2.lan> <0rgmpi9scjl2hcele9qqa5c8mq7bcd86qc@4ax.com> <op.2g7e69lsbyq249@pvr2.lan> <t1umpid53uquc01m2mnua28ggc7khrjo9e@4ax.com> <op.2g7pjigibyq249@pvr2.lan> <0qqopip5nsskirmo5pcik5ha0j3vc3h74g@4ax.com> <op.2g82ldlsbyq249@pvr2.lan> <op.2g82vgwlbyq249@pvr2.lan> <r42ppid7nu2uhrp9tq33ptcftnqu8ssu6c@4ax.com> <op.2g86mex6byq249@pvr2.lan> <3d7ppi59rd8lc2t4ri7vuf84rn8tg4o41s@4ax.com> <op.2g9cukzebyq249@pvr2.lan>
 by: Petzl - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 03:35 UTC

On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 13:21:46 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Bullshit. No one has actually built one and we aren't talking about
>>> citys.

>>> Bullshit. And STILL don't last anything like as long as pumped hydro.

>>> That is pig ignorant bullshit.

>>> Nope, STILL don't last anything like as long as pumped hydro.
>>>
>>> The main problem with pumped hydro is that few places
>>> have anywhere where they can be done, but we do.
>
>> Who has existing "pumped hydro"
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pumped-storage_hydroelectric_power_stations
>
>> China is first to build one.
>
>Nope, the snowy system was MUCH earlier than that.

That was a hydro dam started building 70 years ago
Construction began 17 October 1949. Opening date 21 October 1972
Nothing to do with Snowy 2.0

>> But need independent check!
>
>Nope.

Not if you believe Communist China

>> <https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/psh-water-battery-gobi-desert>
>> https://t.ly/Z8maF
>> or
>> Probably end up like a Spanish built submarine?
>> They will go down but never up again
>> <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336953/Spains-1-75bn-submarine-programme-torpedoed-realising-near-complete-vessel-70-tonnes-heavy.html>
>> https://t.ly/LCAhs
>> the same Spaniards that built Sydney's unreliable light rail
>> <https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/03/16/cclh-m16.html>
>
>They aren't the ones doing Snowy 2.0

You been there lately?
The main language seems Spanish but maybe Italian?
--
Petzl
Jesus “taught with authority” (Matthew 7:29), and the risen Lord gave
his Apostles a share in his authority when he commissioned them to
make disciples from all the nations by teaching what he had commanded
them (Matthew 28:18–20).

Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:
"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2g9hzqodbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32479&group=aus.politics#32479

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 15:12:52 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 04:12 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Who has existing "pumped hydro"
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pumped-storage_hydroelectric_power_stations
>>
>>> China is first to build one.
>>
>> Nope, the snowy system was MUCH earlier than that.

> That was a hydro dam started building 70 years ago

It was always going to be pumped hydro.

> Construction began 17 October 1949.

And was always going to be pumped hydro.

> Opening date 21 October 1972

> Nothing to do with Snowy 2.0

Everything to do with PUMPED HYDRO.

>>> But need independent check!

>> Nope.

> Not if you believe Communist China

Nothing to do with believing, trivial to check using satellite imaging.

>>> <https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/psh-water-battery-gobi-desert>
>>> https://t.ly/Z8maF
>>> or
>>> Probably end up like a Spanish built submarine?
>>> They will go down but never up again
>>> <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336953/Spains-1-75bn-submarine-programme-torpedoed-realising-near-complete-vessel-70-tonnes-heavy..html>
>>> https://t.ly/LCAhs
>>> the same Spaniards that built Sydney's unreliable light rail
>>> <https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/03/16/cclh-m16.html>

>> They aren't the ones doing Snowy 2.0

> You been there lately?

Dont need to be. We have this funky system called
google which lists who has the contract.

> The main language seems Spanish but maybe Italian?

Irrelevant.

Re: Just for your information .....

<unj275$1ur7k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32480&group=aus.politics#32480

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 20:04:37 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 09:04 UTC

Rod Speed wrote on 9/1/24 11:07 am:
> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

<Snip>

>> Big Batteries for cities have now evolved since Lithium
>
> Bullshit. No one has actually built one and we aren't talking about
> citys. 4

Didn't Elon Musk install Lithium batteries for S.A. about 6 - 8 years ago??

I wonder how that system is going!!

https://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-wins-50m-bet-with-giant-battery-for-south-australia-11141165
--
Daniel

Re: Just for your information .....

<op.2hahbeekbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32482&group=aus.politics#32482

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 03:55:52 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 16:55 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Big Batteries for cities have now evolved since Lithium

>> Bullshit. No one has actually built one and we aren't talking about
>> citys. 4

> Didn't Elon Musk install Lithium batteries for S.A. about 6 - 8 years
> ago??

Yes, but thats not the 'since Lithium' that the pretzel is talking about
and doesnt provide all the electricity that SA uses overnight either.

> I wonder how that system is going!!

Its working fine, but is nothing like what the pretzel is talking about
and won't last anything like as long as Snowy 2.0 once it gets going.