This is now. Later is later.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

SubjectAuthor
* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Tweed
+* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|`* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
| `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|  `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|   +* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Ken
|   |+- Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|   |`* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Rolf Mantel
|   | `- Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Clank
|   `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|    `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|     `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|      `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|       `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|        `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|         `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|          `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|           `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|            `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|             `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|              `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|               `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|                `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|                 `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|                  `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|                   `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Sam Wilson
|                    `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
|                     `- Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Sam Wilson
+* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Bevan Price
|`* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
| +* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Graeme Wall
| |+* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
| ||`* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
| || `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
| ||  `- Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
| |`- Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
| +* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
| |`* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
| | `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
| |  `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
| |   `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
| |    `- Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Roland Perry
| +* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Alan
| |`- Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Tweed
| `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1martin.coffee
|  `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
|   `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Arthur Figgis
|    `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Mark Goodge
|     `- Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Arthur Figgis
`* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Alan
 `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
  `* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Bevan Price
   +* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
   |`* Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Bevan Price
   | `- Railfreight Interchange J15 M1Recliner
   `- Railfreight Interchange J15 M1martin.coffee

Pages:123
Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<qcPvhZNjFLDjFAKH@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38657&group=uk.railway#38657

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 13:30:27 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:30 UTC

In message <tegfik$n1tt$2@dont-email.me>, at 19:27:16 on Sun, 28 Aug
2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <teg062$l9ao$2@dont-email.me>, at 15:04:34 on Sun, 28 Aug
>> 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> East Midlands is the second busiest freight airport, a very long way behind
>>> Heathrow, and a little ahead of Stansted.
>>
>>> <https://www.statista.com/statistics/303659/air-freight-at-selected-airp
>>> orts-in-the-uk/>
>>
>> Clearly, some people's descriptions vary. I knew Heathrow led on value,
>> but the way a lot of people talk they

East Midlands

>>also lead on volume. Or is that volume-at-a-primarily non-passenger
>>airport?
>
>As the statistics clealy show, Heathrow has almost five times the tonnage
>of freight as East Midlands. In fact, it has more tonnage than all the
>other UK airports combined.
>
>> Or is "busy" in such comments the number of freighters using the
>> airport, which is probably not very many for Heathrow.
>
>You made the comment, so I assume you have a source?
>
>Before the pandemic, Heathrow usually handled about 47 cargo flights per
>week.

It's one of those things that gets bandied around, because people are
surprised that a smallish single-runway airport (which they associate
with holiday fights to the Med) handles so much freight. But it's an
international hub for at least two of the main courier companies, as
well as the base for domestic Royal Mail flights.

"East Midlands airport handled 381,954 tonnes of air freight in 2020
(14% up from 2019). The freight tonnage at Heathrow in 2020 was
1,146,310 which was down -28% compared to 2019. The total tonnage of
air freight at UK airports was 2,002,187 tonnes in 2020 (21% down on
2019) - it had been 2,535,423 tonnes in 2019. East Midlands airport
says it is now a major hub for dedicated express freight operators such
as DHL, UPS, FedEx and the Royal Mail. There has been growth of
SEGRO’s vast East Midlands Gateway distribution park to the north and
the new Maritime Rail Freight Interchange linking the park to the rail
network. The rise in internet shopping has also added to freight
movements."

"While EMA is only the UK's 14th-busiest by passenger traffic, it ranks
an impressive second when it comes to cargo. It only falls behind London
Heathrow in this category, making it the UK's busiest cargo hub located
outside the capital. The reason for its strength in this field is its
central location in England. The airport's website explains that:

"Being only a four-hour truck drive to 90% of the population of
England and Wales, EMA is perfectly positioned to ensure goods
flown in and out of the country are with customers who need them
most urgently."

The facility handles a reported 440,000 tonnes of cargo every year.
These goods can be flown into EMA on large aircraft like
freight-configured Boeing 747s, owing to its 2,893-meter long runway.
Its owner, Manchester Airports Group, adds that it is "the UK’s
busiest ‘pure’ cargo airport," which "supports a vibrant cargo
logistics operation 24/7."

Anyway, a bit more than 47 a week here (a quick skim suggests 650 +/-
10): http://aerofred.juice.org.uk/EMA/east_mids_cargo.html
--
Roland Perry

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<q5dpgh1o7fgnqe2392bl7o7eemb82eok8v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38660&group=uk.railway#38660

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 13:47:58 +0100
 by: Recliner - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:47 UTC

On Mon, 29 Aug 2022 13:30:27 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:

> [...]
>Heathrow in this category, making it the UK's busiest cargo hub located
>outside the capital. The reason for its strength in this field is its
>central location in England. The airport's website explains that:
>
> "Being only a four-hour truck drive to 90% of the population of
> England and Wales, EMA is perfectly positioned to ensure goods
> flown in and out of the country are with customers who need them
> most urgently."
>
>The facility handles a reported 440,000 tonnes of cargo every year.
>These goods can be flown into EMA on large aircraft like
>freight-configured Boeing 747s, owing to its 2,893-meter long runway.
>Its owner, Manchester Airports Group, adds that it is "the UK’s
>busiest ‘pure’ cargo airport," which "supports a vibrant cargo
>logistics operation 24/7."
>
>Anyway, a bit more than 47 a week here (a quick skim suggests 650 +/-

Yes, EMA gets many more dedicated air freighters than Heathrow, but both are mixed passenger and freight airports, with
Heathrow being far larger in both categories. Heathrow's air freight largely travels as belly freight in passenger
airliners, which dropped a lot during the pandemic (though, of course, a few airliners became make-shift freighters
during the early part of the pandemic).

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<VN3wlHTCdNDjFAt$@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38668&group=uk.railway#38668

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 16:12:02 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:12 UTC

In message <q5dpgh1o7fgnqe2392bl7o7eemb82eok8v@4ax.com>, at 13:47:58 on
Mon, 29 Aug 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>EMA gets many more dedicated air freighters than Heathrow, but both are
>mixed passenger and freight airports, with Heathrow being far larger in
>both categories. Heathrow's air freight largely travels as belly
>freight in passenger airliners, which dropped a lot during the pandemic
>(though, of course, a few airliners became make-shift freighters during
>the early part of the pandemic).

And let's not forget tat the freight to EMA is more likely to be bulk
consignments which require warehousing before onward shipment. Have you
written to all the people building warehouses there to say they are
wasting their money?
--
Roland Perry

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<n9R8J+TZhNDjFAp+@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38669&group=uk.railway#38669

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 16:16:41 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:16 UTC

In message <tei383$10oiu$2@dont-email.me>, at 10:09:07 on Mon, 29 Aug
2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <teggop$n54h$1@dont-email.me>, at 20:47:40 on Sun, 28 Aug
>> 2022, Bevan Price <bevanprice666@gmail.com> remarked:
>>>>

>>> One has to be wary of "kidology". Sometimes the promise of including a
>>> railfreight terminal can be used to assist in obtaining planning
>>> permission for what might just become another lorry-based distribution
>>> centre.
>>
>> Yes, that happens. Not sure why the planners aren't allowed to say "and
>> where do you think all these trains will be coming from, given that
>> unless they build HS2 there won't be any paths for them".
>
>Actually, there are now moves to provide more freight paths, at the expense
>of little-used passenger services.

You'll have a source for that?

>It's now recognised that a 1600 tonne freight train is more valuable to
>the railway and the country than a two-car DMU with 16 people on board.

While that may be true in one sense, if you reduce a regional service to
0.5tph, it becomes even more of a turn-off to the traveling public. But
maybe that's your hidden agenda?
--
Roland Perry

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<f9RyJmTZfNDjFAuh@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38670&group=uk.railway#38670

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 16:14:33 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:14 UTC

In message <8j9pghhbse5enfnun7ptm546js8ts0pe0v@4ax.com>, at 12:45:27 on
Mon, 29 Aug 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:29:28 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <tei3aj$10p3v$2@dont-email.me>, at 10:10:27 on Mon, 29 Aug
>>2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>>Not the only bit of HS2 that Roland cares about, his beloved Toton Parkway.
>>
>>(a) It's not the only bit I care about and
>>(b) That's not its name - but if you think it is, that rather confirms
>> your blinkers.
>
>I know it's not its name. It's really called the Toton Albino Pachyderm
>(or Hub for short).

Even more evidence you've not read the evidence for the hub. Perhapshaps
"flogging a dead horse" might be amore apt animal metaphor to get you to
realize the actual potential.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<teimp6$15imb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38674&group=uk.railway#38674

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:42:30 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:jFP7BYuD9l0RvyIBnkcQ9+nEPR4=
 by: Recliner - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:42 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <q5dpgh1o7fgnqe2392bl7o7eemb82eok8v@4ax.com>, at 13:47:58 on
> Mon, 29 Aug 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>
>> EMA gets many more dedicated air freighters than Heathrow, but both are
>> mixed passenger and freight airports, with Heathrow being far larger in
>> both categories. Heathrow's air freight largely travels as belly
>> freight in passenger airliners, which dropped a lot during the pandemic
>> (though, of course, a few airliners became make-shift freighters during
>> the early part of the pandemic).
>
> And let's not forget tat the freight to EMA is more likely to be bulk
> consignments which require warehousing before onward shipment. Have you
> written to all the people building warehouses there to say they are
> wasting their money?

Huh? You seem to be confused again.

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<teimp6$15imb$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38675&group=uk.railway#38675

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:42:30 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9OkCl05Cly89gBKLq9dwRxJP+LQ=
 by: Recliner - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:42 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <tei383$10oiu$2@dont-email.me>, at 10:09:07 on Mon, 29 Aug
> 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>> Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <teggop$n54h$1@dont-email.me>, at 20:47:40 on Sun, 28 Aug
>>> 2022, Bevan Price <bevanprice666@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> Yes, that happens. Not sure why the planners aren't allowed to say "and
>>> where do you think all these trains will be coming from, given that
>>> unless they build HS2 there won't be any paths for them".
>>
>> Actually, there are now moves to provide more freight paths, at the expense
>> of little-used passenger services.
>
> You'll have a source for that?

Of course. I suggest you ask your wife for enough pocket money to buy a
copy of MR.

>> It's now recognised that a 1600 tonne freight train is more valuable to
>> the railway and the country than a two-car DMU with 16 people on board.
>
> While that may be true in one sense, if you reduce a regional service to
> 0.5tph, it becomes even more of a turn-off to the traveling public. But
> maybe that's your hidden agenda?

It's not my agenda. But it's something GBR will be looking closely at.

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<tekf2p$1dv0t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38697&group=uk.railway#38697

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 08:43:21 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 07:43 UTC

On 29/08/2022 10:58, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <teggop$n54h$1@dont-email.me>, at 20:47:40 on Sun, 28 Aug
> 2022, Bevan Price <bevanprice666@gmail.com> remarked:
>> On 28/08/2022 14:40, Tweed wrote:
>>>  Just drove past a big construction site off J15 of the M1. It claims
>>> to be
>>> a logistics park and rail freight interchange. The latter I was
>>> completely
>>> unaware of.
>>>  https://slp-northampton.com/
>>>  What with this, Daventry, one just off the M1 being planned by the
>>> M69 and
>>> then just by East Midlands Airport, these alleged rail freight terminals
>>> seems to be springing up at seemingly every other motorway junction.
>>> There’s logistics parks springing up everywhere. Where has this step
>>> change
>>> in demand come from?
>>>

>> One has to be wary of "kidology". Sometimes the promise of including a
>> railfreight terminal can be used to assist in obtaining planning
>> permission for what might just become another lorry-based distribution
>> centre.
>
> Yes, that happens. Not sure why the planners aren't allowed to say "and
> where do you think all these trains will be coming from, given that
> unless they build HS2 there won't be any paths for them".

The Westminster "government" does not give enough power to local planners.

Big business hires the most capable planners and the least capable
planners work for the local authorities for a pittance in comparison.

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<tekf7c$1dv0t$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38698&group=uk.railway#38698

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 08:45:48 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 07:45 UTC

On 29/08/2022 12:16, Bevan Price wrote:
> On 29/08/2022 09:58, Recliner wrote:
>> Alan <alan@darkroom.+.com> wrote:

>>> Containers for import, and train load UK deliveries. The price of lorry
>>> deliveries is driving the change, as the Train Freight Operating
>>> Companies are a very lean machine now, and can beat road transport for
>>> any trainload runs over 100 miles.
>>> Tesco has upped its Daventry to Mossend deliveries, in fact the Daventry
>>> interchange has doubled in size recently. The East Midlands one has
>>> reached its capacity, and is expanding. London Gateway port opened a
>>> couple of years ago, and is doing well, an alternative to Felixstowe,
>>> which is having trouble with strikes and capacity, the line is still
>>> single in places, and a run round required at Ipswich do not help
>>> matters.
>>
>> Why is a run around required at Ipswich?
>>

> Any liner trains travelling from Felixstowe via Bury St. Edmunds have to
> reverse direction at Ipswich. Some Freightliner services travelling via
> the London suburbs just swap locos at Ipswich - diesel to electric, or
> vice versa.

Isn't the diesel depot still at Ipswich anyway which makes locomotive
changes a necessity anyway?

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<6siughh14pd4i71ga9bb742fcbt8ir6nm4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38794&group=uk.railway#38794

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:54:12 +0100
 by: Recliner - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 11:54 UTC

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 08:43:21 +0100, martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk wrote:

>On 29/08/2022 10:58, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <teggop$n54h$1@dont-email.me>, at 20:47:40 on Sun, 28 Aug
>> 2022, Bevan Price <bevanprice666@gmail.com> remarked:
>>>>

>>> One has to be wary of "kidology". Sometimes the promise of including a
>>> railfreight terminal can be used to assist in obtaining planning
>>> permission for what might just become another lorry-based distribution
>>> centre.
>>
>> Yes, that happens. Not sure why the planners aren't allowed to say "and
>> where do you think all these trains will be coming from, given that
>> unless they build HS2 there won't be any paths for them".
>
>The Westminster "government" does not give enough power to local planners.

Surely, local planners are more likely to be corrupted or seduced by promises made by local builders?

>Big business hires the most capable planners and the least capable
>planners work for the local authorities for a pittance in comparison.

That's true in many areas: big businesses are also hire the best lawyers, tax accountants, architects, etc. They will
always be able to outgun a local authority.

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<obWdnWccMN6fCZL-nZ2dnZfqn_vNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38824&group=uk.railway#38824

Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 18:01:53 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.railway
From: afig...@example.invalid (Arthur Figgis)
 by: Arthur Figgis - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:01 UTC

On 31/08/2022 12:54, Recliner wrote:

> Surely, local planners are more likely to be corrupted or seduced by promises made by local builders?

One of my pet hates is the way all discussion of planning degerates into
people making comments about "brown envelopes" and thinking this means
no further discussion is possible, rather than attempting to address the
issues.

Along with:
"Do you know how many councillors are directors of the property company?"
No, how many?
"I'm not doing your research for you!"

--
Arthur Figgis

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<16a6hh106jhlpc1jgb7icunfpvv7fc62c9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39156&group=uk.railway#39156

From: use...@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk (Mark Goodge)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 11:24:22 +0100
 by: Mark Goodge - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 10:24 UTC

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 18:01:53 +0100, Arthur Figgis <afiggis@example.invalid>
wrote:

>On 31/08/2022 12:54, Recliner wrote:
>
>> Surely, local planners are more likely to be corrupted or seduced by promises made by local builders?
>
>One of my pet hates is the way all discussion of planning degerates into
>people making comments about "brown envelopes" and thinking this means
>no further discussion is possible, rather than attempting to address the
>issues.

Corruption is almost always the first port of call for someone who doesn't
understand how the system works seeking an explanation for a decision they
disagree with.

I did once arrange for someone to hand me a brown envelope containing cash
at a planning meeting. It was the takings from a raffle at a social event
that I'd promised to bank for them as I needed to go into town anyway :-)

That's not to say that planning, like any other government function, isn't
subject to regulatory capture. The big developers all have sufficient
resources to effectively lobby at both local and national level in order to
ensure that the rules are, as far as possible, tilted in their favour. So
they never need to engage in any underhand behaviour on any individual
application, because they helped write the rules and thus they know exactly
how to get what they want by complying with them.

>Along with:
>"Do you know how many councillors are directors of the property company?"
>No, how many?
>"I'm not doing your research for you!"

Any councillor who is a director of a property company should not, of
course, be taking part in any discussion at the planning committee related
to their applications. Failure to declare the connection would be a serious
breach of the code of conduct, and in the context of planning could amount
to a criminal offence. But if anyone wishes to assert that councillors are,
unknown to their colleagues, in that position of undeclared interest, then
it is up to the person making the allegation to substantiate that accusation
with evidence.

Mark

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<4_Wcnev6JsCXRo7-nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39226&group=uk.railway#39226

Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 23:54:01 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.railway
From: afig...@example.invalid (Arthur Figgis)
 by: Arthur Figgis - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 22:54 UTC

On 03/09/2022 11:24, Mark Goodge wrote:

> it is up to the person making the allegation to substantiate that accusation
> with evidence.

Welcome to the internet.

I'm afraid I have some bad news about how it works.... ;-)

--
Arthur Figgis

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<iuPNtFL4qIFjFAo3@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39300&group=uk.railway#39300

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:23:36 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 11:23 UTC

In message <teimp6$15imb$3@dont-email.me>, at 15:42:30 on Mon, 29 Aug
2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <tei383$10oiu$2@dont-email.me>, at 10:09:07 on Mon, 29 Aug
>> 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> Actually, there are now moves to provide more freight paths, at the expense
>>> of little-used passenger services.
>>
>> You'll have a source for that?
>
>Of course. I suggest you ask your wife for enough pocket money to buy a
>copy of MR.

Ah, the "paid for information, which I refuse to cite in detail, is
worth more" fallacy raises its head once again.

--
Roland Perry

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<5u0LdnKUpIFjFAKQ@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39301&group=uk.railway#39301

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:21:56 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 11:21 UTC

In message <teimp6$15imb$2@dont-email.me>, at 15:42:30 on Mon, 29 Aug
2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <q5dpgh1o7fgnqe2392bl7o7eemb82eok8v@4ax.com>, at 13:47:58 on
>> Mon, 29 Aug 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>>
>>> EMA gets many more dedicated air freighters than Heathrow, but both are
>>> mixed passenger and freight airports, with Heathrow being far larger in
>>> both categories. Heathrow's air freight largely travels as belly
>>> freight in passenger airliners, which dropped a lot during the pandemic
>>> (though, of course, a few airliners became make-shift freighters during
>>> the early part of the pandemic).
>>
>> And let's not forget tat the freight to EMA is more likely to be bulk
>> consignments which require warehousing before onward shipment. Have you
>> written to all the people building warehouses there to say they are
>> wasting their money?
>
>Huh? You seem to be confused again.

Confused about what - the different nature of shipments via largely
passenger planes and Heathrow, versus freighters to EMA, or something
else?
--
Roland Perry

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<kq39hh5rpi25nv2tln7710mrstvjj2bufv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39308&group=uk.railway#39308

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 12:44:23 +0100
 by: Recliner - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 11:44 UTC

On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:21:56 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:

>In message <teimp6$15imb$2@dont-email.me>, at 15:42:30 on Mon, 29 Aug
>2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <q5dpgh1o7fgnqe2392bl7o7eemb82eok8v@4ax.com>, at 13:47:58 on
>>> Mon, 29 Aug 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> And let's not forget tat the freight to EMA is more likely to be bulk
>>> consignments which require warehousing before onward shipment. Have you
>>> written to all the people building warehouses there to say they are
>>> wasting their money?
>>
>>Huh? You seem to be confused again.
>
>Confused about what - the different nature of shipments via largely
>passenger planes and Heathrow, versus freighters to EMA, or something
>else?

Nope. Why don't you check who made comments about warehouses? I didn't.

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<2t39hh9dta29f1a9temsv09duqub6nnt22@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39309&group=uk.railway#39309

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 12:46:07 +0100
 by: Recliner - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 11:46 UTC

On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:23:36 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:

>In message <teimp6$15imb$3@dont-email.me>, at 15:42:30 on Mon, 29 Aug
>2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <tei383$10oiu$2@dont-email.me>, at 10:09:07 on Mon, 29 Aug
>>> 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> You'll have a source for that?
>>
>>Of course. I suggest you ask your wife for enough pocket money to buy a
>>copy of MR.
>
>Ah, the "paid for information, which I refuse to cite in detail, is
>worth more" fallacy raises its head once again.

Except that it's not a fallacy. You are the one who thinks that you can get something worthwhile for nothing. It's why
you're so badly informed on most of the topics you argue about.

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<TJex0VQ+vJFjFAct@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39318&group=uk.railway#39318

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 13:37:18 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:37 UTC

In message <kq39hh5rpi25nv2tln7710mrstvjj2bufv@4ax.com>, at 12:44:23 on
Sun, 4 Sep 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:21:56 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <teimp6$15imb$2@dont-email.me>, at 15:42:30 on Mon, 29 Aug
>>2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>>Huh? You seem to be confused again.
>>
>>Confused about what - the different nature of shipments via largely
>>passenger planes and Heathrow, versus freighters to EMA, or something
>>else?
>
>Nope. Why don't you check who made comments about warehouses? I didn't.

You didn't check. Tut, tut.

I didn't have to, because I know it was me.

So what bit about warehouses displeases you?
--
Roland Perry

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<H5e041Q9zJFjFAdQ@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39322&group=uk.railway#39322

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 13:41:33 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:41 UTC

In message <2t39hh9dta29f1a9temsv09duqub6nnt22@4ax.com>, at 12:46:07 on
Sun, 4 Sep 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:23:36 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <teimp6$15imb$3@dont-email.me>, at 15:42:30 on Mon, 29 Aug
>>2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>>Of course. I suggest you ask your wife for enough pocket money to buy a
>>>copy of MR.
>>
>>Ah, the "paid for information, which I refuse to cite in detail, is
>>worth more" fallacy raises its head once again.
>
>Except that it's not a fallacy. You are the one who thinks that you can
>get something worthwhile for nothing.

The fallacy is that paid-for information is necessarily better, plus
that it doesn't need referencing but merely "I read it somewhere I paid
for it, so it must be true".

>It's why you're so badly informed on most of the topics you argue
>about.

The best way to challenge that is by quoting a specific example from
time to time, comparing what you believe to be truer information with
what I've fund from hundrds of alternative sources.

(Like today - the TfL Crossrail website. Oh dear, I didn't pay, it must
be wrong...)
--
Roland Perry

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<sn79hh544bk8r05q1t0j8h65fmpqb3vobf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39324&group=uk.railway#39324

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 13:50:48 +0100
 by: Recliner - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:50 UTC

On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 13:37:18 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:

>In message <kq39hh5rpi25nv2tln7710mrstvjj2bufv@4ax.com>, at 12:44:23 on
>Sun, 4 Sep 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>>On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 12:21:56 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>In message <teimp6$15imb$2@dont-email.me>, at 15:42:30 on Mon, 29 Aug
>>>2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>>Confused about what - the different nature of shipments via largely
>>>passenger planes and Heathrow, versus freighters to EMA, or something
>>>else?
>>
>>Nope. Why don't you check who made comments about warehouses? I didn't.
>
>You didn't check. Tut, tut.
>
>I didn't have to, because I know it was me.
>
>So what bit about warehouses displeases you?

Nothing. I made no comments about them. It's just you, trying to start yet another fight. It's a pity you're no longer
paid to start fights!

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<U5qw4AeYNaIjFAGn@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40274&group=uk.railway#40274

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 10:48:08 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:48 UTC

In message <sn79hh544bk8r05q1t0j8h65fmpqb3vobf@4ax.com>, at 13:50:48 on
Sun, 4 Sep 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 13:37:18 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <kq39hh5rpi25nv2tln7710mrstvjj2bufv@4ax.com>, at 12:44:23 on

>>>Nope. Why don't you check who made comments about warehouses? I didn't.
>>
>>You didn't check. Tut, tut.
>>
>>I didn't have to, because I know it was me.
>>
>>So what bit about warehouses displeases you?
>
>Nothing. I made no comments about them. It's just you, trying to start
>yet another fight. It's a pity you're no longer paid to start fights!

Ad-hom noted.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<tfs8hp$2sj9g$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40276&group=uk.railway#40276

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:57:13 -0000 (UTC)
<kq39hh5rpi25nv2tln7710mrstvjj2bufv@4ax.com>
<TJex0VQ+vJFjFAct@perry.uk>
<sn79hh544bk8r05q1t0j8h65fmpqb3vobf@4ax.com>
<U5qw4AeYNaIjFAGn@perry.uk>
sha1:VHLVtd5t69ul7IF3mIHjphFGZNw=
 by: Recliner - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:57 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <sn79hh544bk8r05q1t0j8h65fmpqb3vobf@4ax.com>, at 13:50:48 on
> Sun, 4 Sep 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>> On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 13:37:18 +0100, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> In message <kq39hh5rpi25nv2tln7710mrstvjj2bufv@4ax.com>, at 12:44:23 on
>>> Sun, 4 Sep 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> You didn't check. Tut, tut.
>>>
>>> I didn't have to, because I know it was me.
>>>
>>> So what bit about warehouses displeases you?
>>
>> Nothing. I made no comments about them. It's just you, trying to start
>> yet another fight. It's a pity you're no longer paid to start fights!
>
> Ad-hom noted.

But, as usual, no acknowledgement of or apology for your error.

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<jRe9ydbEtzLjFALf@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41298&group=uk.railway#41298

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 18:15:48 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 17:15 UTC

In message <tfs8hp$2sj9g$2@dont-email.me>, at 09:57:13 on Wed, 14 Sep
2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <sn79hh544bk8r05q1t0j8h65fmpqb3vobf@4ax.com>, at 13:50:48 on

>>> Nothing. I made no comments about them. It's just you, trying to start
>>> yet another fight. It's a pity you're no longer paid to start fights!
>>
>> Ad-hom noted.
>
>But, as usual, no acknowledgement of or apology for your error.

Keep digging!
--
Roland Perry

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<tgol8c$37f57$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41323&group=uk.railway#41323

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 04:25:48 -0000 (UTC)
<kq39hh5rpi25nv2tln7710mrstvjj2bufv@4ax.com>
<TJex0VQ+vJFjFAct@perry.uk>
<sn79hh544bk8r05q1t0j8h65fmpqb3vobf@4ax.com>
<U5qw4AeYNaIjFAGn@perry.uk>
<tfs8hp$2sj9g$2@dont-email.me>
<jRe9ydbEtzLjFALf@perry.uk>
sha1:s/cEeT97Jsbq5P2KUBcOksunDFc=
 by: Recliner - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 04:25 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <tfs8hp$2sj9g$2@dont-email.me>, at 09:57:13 on Wed, 14 Sep
> 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>> Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <sn79hh544bk8r05q1t0j8h65fmpqb3vobf@4ax.com>, at 13:50:48 on
>>> Sun, 4 Sep 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> Ad-hom noted.
>>
>> But, as usual, no acknowledgement of or apology for your error.
>
> Keep digging!

Ah, thanks for your version of an apology.

Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1

<Ntw2dyc$4+LjFA8X@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41324&group=uk.railway#41324

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 06:59:27 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 05:59 UTC

In message <tgol8c$37f57$2@dont-email.me>, at 04:25:48 on Sun, 25 Sep
2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <tfs8hp$2sj9g$2@dont-email.me>, at 09:57:13 on Wed, 14 Sep
>> 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> But, as usual, no acknowledgement of or apology for your error.
>>
>> Keep digging!
>
>Ah, thanks for your version of an apology.

The error was perhaps my decision to point out your ah-hom.
--
Roland Perry

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: Railfreight Interchange J15 M1