I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. -- Groucho Marx

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: OT Car insurance rise?

SubjectAuthor
* OT Car insurance rise?Commander Kinsey
+* Re: OT Car insurance rise?swldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: OT Car insurance rise?JNugent
|`- Re: Troll-feeding Senile Asshole Alert!Peter Keller
+* Re: OT Car insurance rise?charles
|+* Re: OT Car insurance rise?Commander Kinsey
||+* Re: OT Car insurance rise?Rod Speed
|||+* Re: OT Car insurance rise?Commander Kinsey
|||`- Re: The Two Inseparable Brain Dead Trolling Resident SociopathsPeter Keller
||`- Re: OT Car insurance rise?Jethro_uk
|+* Re: OT Car insurance rise?Chris Green
||`* Re: OT Car insurance rise?Commander Kinsey
|| `* Re: OT Car insurance rise?Rod Speed
||  +* Re: OT Car insurance rise?Commander Kinsey
||  |`* Re: OT Car insurance rise?Rod Speed
||  | `- Re: The Two Inseparable Brain Dead Trolling Resident SociopathsPeter Keller
||  `- Re: The Two Inseparable Brain Dead Trolling Resident SociopathsPeter Keller
|`- Re: Troll-feeding Senile Asshole Alert!Peter Keller
+- Re: CAUTION!!! Birdbrain, the Abnormal Pathological Attention Whore,Peter Keller
+- Re: OT Car insurance rise?Fredxx
+* Re: OT Car insurance rise?Ed Pawlowski
|`* Re: OT Car insurance rise?Steve Walker
| `- Re: OT Car insurance rise?The Natural Philosopher
`- Re: OT Car insurance rise?swldx...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Re: OT Car insurance rise?

<ssjak1$evr$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5226&group=uk.rec.cycling#5226

From: jethro...@hotmailbin.com (Jethro_uk)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: OT Car insurance rise?
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 10:28:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jethro_uk - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 10:28 UTC

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 20:00:11 +0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 18:36:07 -0000, charles <charles@candehope.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> Yip, I just fiddled with different options,

Repeatedly adjusted quotes are a marker for fraud at the backend.

Re: OT Car insurance rise?

<op.1ggom1n4byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5255&group=uk.rec.cycling#5255

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 05:36:27 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 18:36 UTC

Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
> Commander Kinsey <CK1@nospam.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Commander Kinsey <CK1@nospam.com> wrote

>>> Not if they make fewer claims, stupid.

>>> More of your mindless bullshit.

>>> But can reduce the number of claims if they make fewer claims.

>>> More of your mindless bullshit.

>>> Sure, but the insurance companys can't know that.

>>> Wrong if that woman will never drive it.
>>
>> But above, his wife never drove it.
>
> But the insurance company can't know that, stupid.
>
>> Nothing has changed, there's still a car driven by a man, and a woman
>> insured for it that never drives it.

>>> Which they never will.

>>> Thats fraud.

>>> Still fraud.
>>
>> They can't possibly know if my sister will ever use it when visiting
>> me. It's there just in case she does.

Why do you have any insurance at all on those ancient wrecks you drive ?

> Still fraud, just had to catch fraud.
>
>> Shit.... I don't think she has a license.
>
> Trade her in on one that does.

Re: OT Car insurance rise?

<op.1gg8n6simvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5259&group=uk.rec.cycling#5259

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 01:49:08 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 01:49 UTC

To please the police.

Re: OT Car insurance rise?

<j572vhFovuuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5260&group=uk.rec.cycling#5260

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 07:32:01 +0000
 by: alan_m - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 07:32 UTC

On 23/01/2022 18:36, Rod Speed wrote:

> Why do you have any insurance at all on those ancient wrecks you drive ?

You are not necessarily just insuring the value of the car - you are
insuring against damage (including medical or life changing problems) to
third parties.

Re: OT Car insurance rise?

<op.1ghop00pbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5261&group=uk.rec.cycling#5261

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 18:35:50 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 07:35 UTC

alan_m <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> Why do you have any insurance at all on those ancient wrecks you drive
>> ?

> You are not necessarily just insuring the value of the car - you are
> insuring against damage (including medical or life changing problems) to
> third parties.

I thought he was talking about comprehensive insurance.

Turns out he is actually talking about the legally compulsory insurance.

Re: Nym-shifting Trolling Senile PIG from Oz!

<sslnvl$luf$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5265&group=uk.rec.cycling#5265

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Nym-shifting Trolling Senile PIG from Oz!
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 21:28:37 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 08:28 UTC

On 24/01/22 08:07, Peeler wrote:
> <FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

When harassed, glands lining Peeler's body secrete stringy proteins
that, upon contact with seawater, expand into the transparent, sticky
substance. According to common mythology, Peeler can fill a 5-gallon
bucket with the stuff in mere minutes.

Re: OT Car insurance rise?

<ssmse9$q3h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5283&group=uk.rec.cycling#5283

From: fre...@nospam.invalid (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 18:50:49 +0000
 by: Fredxx - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 18:50 UTC

On 24/01/2022 17:27, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 01:52:02 +1100, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:

>>> Without insurance, who pays when you run someone over, it's your fault,
>>> and the resulting lifelong medical bills come to millions?
>>>

>> Who pays if an uninsured driver does so?
>
> In NSW Australia, that varys with the insurance. With the compulsory
> insurance which is what is relevant in your scenario, there is a separate
> fund that all the insurance companys complulsorily contribute too that
> acts as the insurer in that situation.
>
> <makes an obscene gesture in the general direction
> of Fredxx. Look at the newsgroup list, stupid>

???

>> When I lived in Massachusetts you pickedyour plates up at the
>> insurance office.
>
> We get real radical and do an electronic check
> that the car owner has the compulsory insurance
> when registering a car or renewing the rego.
>
>> They figured they had an airtight method to make sure everyone was
>> insured.
>>
>> In Maine, you did not have to have insurance if you hadn't had an
>> accident, which was strange.
>>
>> The reality was Massachusetts and Maine had the same number of
>> uninsured drivers, around 10% iirc.
>>
>> The theory might be you can't do much damage on a bike. About 20 years
>> ago, bike plates became permanent. Pay once and they were good while
>> you owned the bike. When I went to MV on the year of switchover the
>> clerk said "Well, you won't have to come in to register your toys
>> anymore."

Re: OT Car insurance rise?

<mFWHJ.8827$2V.7120@fx07.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5300&group=uk.rec.cycling#5300

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 12:43:45 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:43 UTC

On 1/25/2022 11:46 AM, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
> On 25/01/2022 15:00, rbowman wrote:

>>> There is nothing magic about servicing a new car.  Often in the first
>>> few years its nothing more than changing oil and filters.
>>>

>> And wiper blades... The maintenance schedule for my Toyota is one of
>> the most boring ones I've read. 5000 miles, change oil and filter,
>> rotate tires.
> stuff rotating tyres

Considering you interact with Peeler you'd not know to rotate tyres and
the reason for it.

Re: OT Car insurance rise?

<sspo0t$fis$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5302&group=uk.rec.cycling#5302

From: ste...@walker-family.me.uk (Steve Walker)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:53:49 +0000
 by: Steve Walker - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:53 UTC

On 25/01/2022 17:43, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/25/2022 11:46 AM, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

>>> And wiper blades... The maintenance schedule for my Toyota is one of
>>> the most boring ones I've read. 5000 miles, change oil and filter,
>>> rotate tires.
>> stuff rotating tyres
>
> Considering you interact with Peeler you'd not know to rotate tyres and
> the reason for it.

I prefer not to rotate the tyres. That way I hopefully only have to
replace two at a time.

Re: OT Car insurance rise?

<20dc01ee-6056-4446-8dc6-261f62ad301an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5303&group=uk.rec.cycling#5303

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:01:19 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:01 UTC

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 9:19:01 PM UTC, alan_m wrote:
> On 25/01/2022 20:21, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>

> > Police are cunts, but I can spot them a mile off.
> I bet you cannot identify the "plain clothes" Police cars. Those without
> obvious markings. When I was commuting daily I regularly witnessed
> drivers being pulled over by Police in unmarked cars. The flashing
> lights were in the front grill and in the back partially tinted window.

Grille - "grill" cooks food.

Re: OT Car insurance rise?

<ssqerb$pfs$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5304&group=uk.rec.cycling#5304

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 03:23:23 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 03:23 UTC

On 25/01/2022 20:53, Steve Walker wrote:
> I prefer not to rotate the tyres.

Flat spot Steve, eh?

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: OT Car insurance rise?