You humans are all alike.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsYosemite Sam
+* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsPeter Jason
|+- Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsYosemite Sam
|`* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsDaryl
| `* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsNoddy
|  `* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsDaryl
|   `* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsNoddy
|    +* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsTrevor Wilson
|    |+* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsNoddy
|    ||`* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationslindsay
|    || +- Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsYosemite Sam
|    || `- Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsNoddy
|    |+* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsDaryl
|    ||+* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsNoddy
|    |||`* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsDaryl
|    ||| `* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsNoddy
|    |||  `* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsDaryl
|    |||   `- Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsNoddy
|    ||`* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsTrevor Wilson
|    || +* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsDaryl
|    || |`- Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsNoddy
|    || `- Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsNoddy
|    |`- Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsClocky
|    `* Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsDaryl
|     `- Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsNoddy
`- Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrationsalvey

Pages:12
OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<iqv5veFsqu9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5609&group=aus.cars#5609

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:54:52 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 22:54 UTC

Dan Andrews is nowhere to be seen since the demonstrations started.
maybe he's with noddy in coward castle? :)

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<7scnkgpbuenv5pvhrbmvvj5kucda0jim0u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5647&group=aus.cars#5647

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 08:53:03 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 22:53 UTC

On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:54:52 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
wrote:

>Dan Andrews is nowhere to be seen since the demonstrations started.
>maybe he's with noddy in coward castle? :)

Fear not. He's still pulling down his fat salary and can retire with
a stellar pension when he"s thrown out!

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir1r93Fds2tU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5654&group=aus.cars#5654

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 09:10:47 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 23:10 UTC

On 23/09/2021 8:53 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:54:52 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dan Andrews is nowhere to be seen since the demonstrations started.
>> maybe he's with noddy in coward castle? :)
> Fear not. He's still pulling down his fat salary and can retire with
> a stellar pension when he"s thrown out!

yes indeed. and let's not forget his insult to all Victorians by giving
himself and public servants a considerable pay rise while many of us are
losing our jobs and businesses.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir21cjFf06lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5665&group=aus.cars#5665

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 10:51:30 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 00:51 UTC

On 23/9/21 8:53 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:54:52 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Dan Andrews is nowhere to be seen since the demonstrations started.
>> maybe he's with noddy in coward castle? :)
>
> Fear not. He's still pulling down his fat salary and can retire with
> a stellar pension when he"s thrown out!

Hopefully that's sooner than later.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<sigouk$ejk$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5672&group=aus.cars#5672

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 12:31:48 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 02:31 UTC

On 23/09/2021 10:51 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 23/9/21 8:53 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:54:52 +1000, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Dan Andrews is nowhere to be seen since the demonstrations started.
>>> maybe he's with noddy in coward castle? :)
>>
>> Fear not.  He's still pulling down his fat salary and can retire with
>> a stellar pension when he"s thrown out!
>>
> Hopefully that's sooner than later.

November 2022 isn't it?

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir2j98Fi518U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5696&group=aus.cars#5696

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 15:56:53 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 05:56 UTC

On 23/9/21 12:31 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 10:51 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 23/9/21 8:53 am, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Fear not.  He's still pulling down his fat salary and can retire with
>>> a stellar pension when he"s thrown out!
>>>
>> Hopefully that's sooner than later.
>
> November 2022 isn't it?

Yep, in this case its a shame about the fixed election date not that
anyone is in a position to force an early election.
He should be making retirement plans, the unions are usually his best
supporters and even they are jumping from the sinking ship.
Hope he fucks off whilst there is still a State worth saving.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<sihi6h$sb0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5730&group=aus.cars#5730

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 19:42:38 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 09:42 UTC

On 23/09/2021 3:56 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> Hopefully that's sooner than later.
>>
>> November 2022 isn't it?
>>

> Yep, in this case its a shame about the fixed election date not that
> anyone is in a position to force an early election.
> He should be making retirement plans, the unions are usually his best
> supporters and even they are jumping from the sinking ship.
> Hope he fucks off whilst there is still a State worth saving.

Oddly enough, as much as I hate Victorian state Labor with a passion
(and I *really* fucking hate them), I find myself sympathizing with
Andrews and feel that he's getting the hot end of the poker unjustly.

Let me be quite clear. I'm *not* a Daniel Andrews fan and I think that
would be obvious to anyone who's ever read any comment I've made about
him. He's fucked up every project he's put his hands on in this state
and made a *huge* fucking mess. But as far as managing the Covid
pandemic goes he's done pretty well despite issues like aged care and
hotel quarantine being a bit of a fiasco.

As far as Victorian regulations go the overwhelming bulk of it is at the
recommendation of the Chief Health Officer, and if they make a
recommendation it would be a very brave politician indeed who would
ignore it in times of a national health crisis as we find ourselves in
now. Following the health advice is easy to understand. What is
significantly *less* easy to understand is why that advice seems to vary
so greatly between each state.

We are at a really critical point in the pandemic at the moment with the
Delta strain getting a real stranglehold. We recorded a record number of
new infections in Victoria today, and these anti vax protest munts who
are banging on about wanting their freedom are both not helping and not
getting it.

The problem we face now is not in stopping this horrendous virus as
there *is* no stopping it, but in keeping it under control until we
reach the point where enough of us have been vaccinated for it's effects
to be minimized. We're right on the cusp now where it can get away from
us *very* easily, and if it does the health system will be swamped and
unable to cope with the case numbers and we'll see the kinds of
nightmares here that they've seen in most of the rest of the world were
hundreds of thousands of people will die because the system won't be
able to cope with the caseload.

We've been lucky in this country so far, and the *last* thing we want to
do now is snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir321bFkt2fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5732&group=aus.cars#5732

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:08:41 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 10:08 UTC

On 23/09/2021 7:42 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> November 2022 isn't it?
>>>

>> Yep, in this case its a shame about the fixed election date not that
>> anyone is in a position to force an early election.
>> He should be making retirement plans, the unions are usually his best
>> supporters and even they are jumping from the sinking ship.
>> Hope he fucks off whilst there is still a State worth saving.
>
> Oddly enough, as much as I hate Victorian state Labor with a passion
> (and I *really* fucking hate them), I find myself sympathizing with
> Andrews and feel that he's getting the hot end of the poker unjustly.

**Yep.

> Let me be quite clear. I'm *not* a Daniel Andrews fan and I think that
> would be obvious to anyone who's ever read any comment I've made about
> him. He's fucked up every project he's put his hands on in this state
> and made a *huge* fucking mess. But as far as managing the Covid
> pandemic goes he's done pretty well despite issues like aged care and
> hotel quarantine being a bit of a fiasco.

**The aged care deaths were a federal responsibility. In that sense,
Scummo couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. Hotel quarantine is
also a federal responsibility. The feds SHOULD have begun building
quarantine places early last year. They have resisted. In this matter, I
have a theory:

When it became apparent that COVID-19 was going to fuck the tourism
industry, the big hotels lobbied the gummint to use their facilities,
despite the fact that they are clearly not fit for purpose. That fucking
idiot, Scummo, doesn't give a fuck about the people of this nation, but
he cares about the big end of town, so he said: "Yes, what a great idea."

Just a theory mind you. The feds have still not built one single
quarantine facility. Fucking idiots. Still slaves to the hotel industry.

> As far as Victorian regulations go the overwhelming bulk of it is at the
> recommendation of the Chief Health Officer, and if they make a
> recommendation it would be a very brave politician indeed who would
> ignore it in times of a national health crisis as we find ourselves in
> now. Following the health advice is easy to understand. What is
> significantly *less* easy to understand is why that advice seems to vary
> so greatly between each state.

**I can speak for NSW. Our idiot premier has handled things reasonably
well. We had superior tracking and tracing in the early days, which
allowed NSW to resist COVID-19 so well. Blind Freddy could tell you that
opening up at 70% vax is idiotic to the extreme. Yet, that is precisely
what Gladys is going to do. I feel terribly sorry for health workers.
They are the ones who will suffer with this decision forced on Gladys by
the big end of town. It is devoid of logic, common-sense and humanity.

> We are at a really critical point in the pandemic at the moment with the
> Delta strain getting a real stranglehold. We recorded a record number of
> new infections in Victoria today, and these anti vax protest munts who
> are banging on about wanting their freedom are both not helping and not
> getting it.

**My opinion? The police should dump their rubber bullets and use live
ammo on those cunts. It will only cause the disease to spread and slow
down any efforts to open up. And then, those who will suffer the most
will be the health workers.

> The problem we face now is not in stopping this horrendous virus as
> there *is* no stopping it, but in keeping it under control until we
> reach the point where enough of us have been vaccinated for it's effects
> to be minimized.

**"Enough of us"? Fuck that. ALL OF US. Every single one. No exceptions.
Anti-vaxxers are complete idiots. Why my taxes have to pay for their
stupidity is beyond my comprehension. That said, I ain't too happy about
paying to keep smokers alive either.

We're right on the cusp now where it can get away from
> us *very* easily, and if it does the health system will be swamped and
> unable to cope with the case numbers and we'll see the kinds of
> nightmares here that they've seen in most of the rest of the world were
> hundreds of thousands of people will die because the system won't be
> able to cope with the caseload.

**Correct. Those selfish cunts who demonstrate and won't get vaccinated
are the problem. Live ammo. Not rubber bullets. Solves all the problems.

> We've been lucky in this country so far, and the *last* thing we want to
> do now is snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

**Exactly. And why the fucking Lieberals fail to condemn George
Christensen, Palmer and Kelly is beyond belief. Come the revolution,
those cunts should be the first ones against the wall. As should their
supporters. Let us never forget that Scummo prevented anyone else other
than Kelly to gain pre-selection. Scummo saved Kelly.

[-/RANT]

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir32g1FkvphU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5735&group=aus.cars#5735

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:16:30 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 10:16 UTC

On 23/9/21 7:42 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> November 2022 isn't it?
>>>

>> Yep, in this case its a shame about the fixed election date not that
>> anyone is in a position to force an early election.
>> He should be making retirement plans, the unions are usually his best
>> supporters and even they are jumping from the sinking ship.
>> Hope he fucks off whilst there is still a State worth saving.
>
> Oddly enough, as much as I hate Victorian state Labor with a passion
> (and I *really* fucking hate them), I find myself sympathizing with
> Andrews and feel that he's getting the hot end of the poker unjustly.

I think he's getting what he deserves.

> Let me be quite clear. I'm *not* a Daniel Andrews fan and I think that
> would be obvious to anyone who's ever read any comment I've made about
> him. He's fucked up every project he's put his hands on in this state
> and made a *huge* fucking mess. But as far as managing the Covid
> pandemic goes he's done pretty well despite issues like aged care and
> hotel quarantine being a bit of a fiasco.

Trouble is Victoria has spent more days in lockdown than any other place
in the world and yet the numbers are still increasing.
Many people are so over all the over the top rules that they are just
ignoring them so IMHO its just not working, other countries and even
other Australian states have done so much better, they may of had more
cases and even more deaths but that's the price that is being paid for
still having a state that isn't beyond repair.
I understand the need to not overwhelm the health system but what's the
point of having lots of healthy unemployed people with zero prospects of
even getting a job because a huge percentage of small business's are
permanently bankrupted.
Even Andrews most loyal supporters (the unions) are turning on him.

> As far as Victorian regulations go the overwhelming bulk of it is at the
> recommendation of the Chief Health Officer, and if they make a
> recommendation it would be a very brave politician indeed who would
> ignore it in times of a national health crisis as we find ourselves in
> now. Following the health advice is easy to understand. What is
> significantly *less* easy to understand is why that advice seems to vary
> so greatly between each state.
>
> We are at a really critical point in the pandemic at the moment with the
> Delta strain getting a real stranglehold. We recorded a record number of
> new infections in Victoria today, and these anti vax protest munts who
> are banging on about wanting their freedom are both not helping and not
> getting it.
>
> The problem we face now is not in stopping this horrendous virus as
> there *is* no stopping it, but in keeping it under control until we
> reach the point where enough of us have been vaccinated for it's effects
> to be minimized. We're right on the cusp now where it can get away from
> us *very* easily, and if it does the health system will be swamped and
> unable to cope with the case numbers and we'll see the kinds of
> nightmares here that they've seen in most of the rest of the world were
> hundreds of thousands of people will die because the system won't be
> able to cope with the caseload.
>
> We've been lucky in this country so far, and the *last* thing we want to
> do now is snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

We may have been lucky health wise but our great grand children will
still be paying for the destruction of the economy.
I'm not claiming to know the answer but there has to be a better balance
between health the economy and life in general than what we have now
which IMHO is totally fucked.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<sihmba$o89$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5743&group=aus.cars#5743

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:53:27 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 10:53 UTC

On 23/09/2021 8:08 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 7:42 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Oddly enough, as much as I hate Victorian state Labor with a passion
>> (and I *really* fucking hate them), I find myself sympathizing with
>> Andrews and feel that he's getting the hot end of the poker unjustly.
>
> **Yep.
>

>> Let me be quite clear. I'm *not* a Daniel Andrews fan and I think that
>> would be obvious to anyone who's ever read any comment I've made about
>> him. He's fucked up every project he's put his hands on in this state
>> and made a *huge* fucking mess. But as far as managing the Covid
>> pandemic goes he's done pretty well despite issues like aged care and
>> hotel quarantine being a bit of a fiasco.
>
> **The aged care deaths were a federal responsibility.

There are both Federal and Victorian state run aged care facilities.

> In that sense, Scummo couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. Hotel quarantine is
> also a federal responsibility.

Not completely. At least not in Victoria anyway. It may be/have been a
federal requirement for people arriving from overseas to quarantine, but
the handling of the quarantine itself was a state issue. The Federal
Government had nothing whatsoever to do with Hotel Quarantine in
Victoria, and doesn't to this day.

> The feds SHOULD have begun building quarantine places early last year.

It would have been mattered. They wouldn't be ready in time to have any
effect.

> They have resisted.

It's not just a matter of them "resisting". It's a matter of cooperation
with the states.

Where do they build them? Who controls them?

> In this matter, I have a theory:
>
> When it became apparent that COVID-19 was going to fuck the tourism
> industry, the big hotels lobbied the gummint to use their facilities,
> despite the fact that they are clearly not fit for purpose. That fucking
> idiot, Scummo, doesn't give a fuck about the people of this nation, but
> he cares about the big end of town, so he said: "Yes, what a great idea."
>
> Just a theory mind you.

What a shame that it's not even *remotely* like what actually happened :)

> The feds have still not built one single
> quarantine facility. Fucking idiots. Still slaves to the hotel industry.

For fuck's sake Trevor. Let go of the anti Liberal hate :)

Just for the record, the "hotel industry had next to no say in the Hotel
Quarantine system in Victoria, and the Federal Government's role was
absolutely zip. The Victorian State Government instigated the Hotel
Quarantine system in Victoria at a moment's notice by virtually
commandeering the hotels necessary to house the expected number of
arrivals, and the whole system went from an idea on paper to up and
running within 48 hours.

That was both a remarkable achievement, *and* the very reason why it was
full of flaws.

>> As far as Victorian regulations go the overwhelming bulk of it is at
>> the recommendation of the Chief Health Officer, and if they make a
>> recommendation it would be a very brave politician indeed who would
>> ignore it in times of a national health crisis as we find ourselves in
>> now. Following the health advice is easy to understand. What is
>> significantly *less* easy to understand is why that advice seems to
>> vary so greatly between each state.
>
> **I can speak for NSW. Our idiot premier has handled things reasonably
> well.

That's not the view of the rest of the country. The problems in Victoria
right now are a direct result of the NSW's Govcernment's ineptitude.

> We had superior tracking and tracing in the early days, which
> allowed NSW to resist COVID-19 so well.

Um, no. Not really. What you had in NSW was a low number of cases which
*allowed* the contact tracing team to keep up with it. What we had in
Victoria was the exact opposite in that we had a massive number of cases
in very short order which swamped the tracers and meant they were always
chasing it rather than leading.

It's not that one system was better than the other. The Health
Department in NSW doesn't do anything any differently than they do down
here. The difference was in an environment that created a completely
different working scenario which highlighted the limitations of the
systems, which is something that NSW and their "gold standard" has
discovered relatively recently.

> Blind Freddy could tell you that opening up at 70% vax is idiotic to the extreme.

Agreed.

> Yet, that is precisely what Gladys is going to do. I feel terribly sorry for health workers.
> They are the ones who will suffer with this decision forced on Gladys by
> the big end of town. It is devoid of logic, common-sense and humanity.

In my opinion Gladys is a fucking idiot who is out of her depth and has
no idea what she's doing, but I would imagine that NSW is rapidly
running out of money and they need to open up as soon as possible.

Perhaps sooner than what is wise as far as people are concerned, but at
the end of the day they're rapidly reaching a point where they have to
be prepared to make sacrifices.

>> We are at a really critical point in the pandemic at the moment with
>> the Delta strain getting a real stranglehold. We recorded a record
>> number of new infections in Victoria today, and these anti vax protest
>> munts who are banging on about wanting their freedom are both not
>> helping and not getting it.
>
> **My opinion? The police should dump their rubber bullets and use live
> ammo on those cunts.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I was only yelling that at the
television tonight while watching the news over dinner :)

> It will only cause the disease to spread and slow
> down any efforts to open up. And then, those who will suffer the most
> will be the health workers.

Recent acts by protestors in Victoria today have been appalling. They
targeted vaccination centres where they harrased people waiting to get
the jab, and also harrased and spat on medical staff who were trying to
administer them. In the end a couple of vaccination centres had to be
closed down.

This kind of bullshit is simply not on. I think it's high time those in
power took the gloves off and stopped handing out fucking fines. If I
was in charge I would order my troops on the ground to start laying into
these fucking imbeciles with whatever means they deemed necessary, and I
would detain anyone arrested and give them a choice of a 20 grand fine
or 90 days at Her Majesty's pleasure.

Fuck these imbecilic cunts. It's time to send a message and make an
example out of some of them.

>> The problem we face now is not in stopping this horrendous virus as
>> there *is* no stopping it, but in keeping it under control until we
>> reach the point where enough of us have been vaccinated for it's
>> effects to be minimized.
>
> **"Enough of us"? Fuck that. ALL OF US. Every single one. No exceptions.

That would be nice, but it's never going to happen.

> Anti-vaxxers are complete idiots.

Yes they are, and with luck they'll be the ones who will get sick and die.

> Why my taxes have to pay for their
> stupidity is beyond my comprehension. That said, I ain't too happy about
> paying to keep smokers alive either.

You don't. Smokers do :)

>  We're right on the cusp now where it can get away from
>> us *very* easily, and if it does the health system will be swamped and
>> unable to cope with the case numbers and we'll see the kinds of
>> nightmares here that they've seen in most of the rest of the world
>> were hundreds of thousands of people will die because the system won't
>> be able to cope with the caseload.
>
> **Correct. Those selfish cunts who demonstrate and won't get vaccinated
> are the problem. Live ammo. Not rubber bullets. Solves all the problems.

No argument here, although that may be seem as a _tad_ extreme in some
circles :)

>> We've been lucky in this country so far, and the *last* thing we want
>> to do now is snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
>
> **Exactly. And why the fucking Lieberals fail to condemn George
> Christensen, Palmer and Kelly is beyond belief.

What good would it do if they did? Would anyone give a shit?

> Come the revolution, those cunts should be the first ones against the wall. As should their
> supporters. Let us never forget that Scummo prevented anyone else other
> than Kelly to gain pre-selection. Scummo saved Kelly.

Well, perhaps, but it wasn't about saving Kelly. It was about saving
*himself* :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<sihn60$tsd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5746&group=aus.cars#5746

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 21:07:42 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 11:07 UTC

On 23/09/2021 8:16 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 23/9/21 7:42 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Let me be quite clear. I'm *not* a Daniel Andrews fan and I think that
>> would be obvious to anyone who's ever read any comment I've made about
>> him. He's fucked up every project he's put his hands on in this state
>> and made a *huge* fucking mess. But as far as managing the Covid
>> pandemic goes he's done pretty well despite issues like aged care and
>> hotel quarantine being a bit of a fiasco.
>
> Trouble is Victoria has spent more days in lockdown than any other place
> in the world and yet the numbers are still increasing.

They are, and bear in mind that the numbers are still increasing *with*
the majority of the population complying with the rules and doing what
they're supposed to.

That's the best case. The *worst* case would be everyone ignoring the
rules and doing as they pleased where we would have *thousands* of new
cases each day and hundreds of deaths.

> Many people are so over all the over the top rules that they are just
> ignoring them so IMHO its just not working, other countries and even
> other Australian states have done so much better, they may of had more
> cases and even more deaths but that's the price that is being paid for
> still having a state that isn't beyond repair.

So who goes first? Who do you decide to turn away from the hospitals
when all the ICU beds are full and there are no ventilators?

> I understand the need to not overwhelm the health system but what's the
> point of having lots of healthy unemployed people with zero prospects of
> even getting a job because a huge percentage of small business's are
> permanently bankrupted.
> Even Andrews most loyal supporters (the unions) are turning on him.

They are, but then they can't see their hand in front of their face.
They never said a word until the decision was made to stop them using
their smoko rooms and then suddenly it's on like donkey kong.

I mean, for fuck's sake. The idea is to *limit* the spread and get
through this as fast as possible, and all these morons are doing is
making it worse.

>> The problem we face now is not in stopping this horrendous virus as
>> there *is* no stopping it, but in keeping it under control until we
>> reach the point where enough of us have been vaccinated for it's
>> effects to be minimized. We're right on the cusp now where it can get
>> away from us *very* easily, and if it does the health system will be
>> swamped and unable to cope with the case numbers and we'll see the
>> kinds of nightmares here that they've seen in most of the rest of the
>> world were hundreds of thousands of people will die because the system
>> won't be able to cope with the caseload.
>>
>> We've been lucky in this country so far, and the *last* thing we want
>> to do now is snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
>>

> We may have been lucky health wise but our great grand children will
> still be paying for the destruction of the economy.

Not much we can do about that. As much as the restrictions are hurting,
having them removed will be *far* worse as thousands of people will
become infected, get sick an die and workplaces will either shut down
for extended periods due to a lack of staff or close down completely.

This is the thing. There is no "good" scenario here. Only a "bad" one,
or a "completely fucking devastating" one.

> I'm not claiming to know the answer but there has to be a better balance
> between health the economy and life in general than what we have now
> which IMHO is totally fucked.

There is. It's the 80% double vax mark. Once we've reached that point
the "herd immunity" strategy will hopefully kick in which will allow us
to live with this at a minimal level of intrusion.

Like a lot of people I absolutely *hate* the term "Covid Normal", but
it's one we're going to have to get used to as this is never going to go
away and will be with us forever.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir37tdFm0goU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5754&group=aus.cars#5754

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 21:48:58 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 11:48 UTC

On 23/9/21 8:08 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 7:42 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Yep, in this case its a shame about the fixed election date not that
>>> anyone is in a position to force an early election.
>>> He should be making retirement plans, the unions are usually his best
>>> supporters and even they are jumping from the sinking ship.
>>> Hope he fucks off whilst there is still a State worth saving.
>>
>> Oddly enough, as much as I hate Victorian state Labor with a passion
>> (and I *really* fucking hate them), I find myself sympathizing with
>> Andrews and feel that he's getting the hot end of the poker unjustly.
>
> **Yep.
>

>> Let me be quite clear. I'm *not* a Daniel Andrews fan and I think that
>> would be obvious to anyone who's ever read any comment I've made about
>> him. He's fucked up every project he's put his hands on in this state
>> and made a *huge* fucking mess. But as far as managing the Covid
>> pandemic goes he's done pretty well despite issues like aged care and
>> hotel quarantine being a bit of a fiasco.
>
> **The aged care deaths were a federal responsibility. In that sense,
> Scummo couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. Hotel quarantine is
> also a federal responsibility. The feds SHOULD have begun building
> quarantine places early last year. They have resisted. In this matter, I
> have a theory:
>
> When it became apparent that COVID-19 was going to fuck the tourism
> industry, the big hotels lobbied the gummint to use their facilities,
> despite the fact that they are clearly not fit for purpose. That fucking
> idiot, Scummo, doesn't give a fuck about the people of this nation, but
> he cares about the big end of town, so he said: "Yes, what a great idea."
>
> Just a theory mind you. The feds have still not built one single
> quarantine facility. Fucking idiots. Still slaves to the hotel industry.

That is utterly bizarre, where were those that needed to be quarantined
going to be housed?
Even if they started building facilities the moment they thought there
was a need they would still take a year or more to be ready so what
happens in the meantime?
The States have been in charge of the bulk of the hotel quarantine.
In an ironic twist I think that the problems we are facing now are
indirectly caused by our early success in controlling the virus, low
case numbers and very few deaths relative to other countries resulted in
people being too lax about being vaccinated, other countries that fared
much worse early on now have a far greater percentage of their
populations vaccinated so they are doing better.
Only time will tell whether or not the approach the US and UK took early
on, that is they accepted more cases and deaths, is better than
Australia's attempt to achieve zero cases which seems to have failed.

>> As far as Victorian regulations go the overwhelming bulk of it is at
>> the recommendation of the Chief Health Officer, and if they make a
>> recommendation it would be a very brave politician indeed who would
>> ignore it in times of a national health crisis as we find ourselves in
>> now. Following the health advice is easy to understand. What is
>> significantly *less* easy to understand is why that advice seems to
>> vary so greatly between each state.
>
> **I can speak for NSW. Our idiot premier has handled things reasonably
> well. We had superior tracking and tracing in the early days, which
> allowed NSW to resist COVID-19 so well. Blind Freddy could tell you that
> opening up at 70% vax is idiotic to the extreme. Yet, that is precisely
> what Gladys is going to do. I feel terribly sorry for health workers.
> They are the ones who will suffer with this decision forced on Gladys by
> the big end of town. It is devoid of logic, common-sense and humanity.
>

>> We are at a really critical point in the pandemic at the moment with
>> the Delta strain getting a real stranglehold. We recorded a record
>> number of new infections in Victoria today, and these anti vax protest
>> munts who are banging on about wanting their freedom are both not
>> helping and not getting it.
>
> **My opinion? The police should dump their rubber bullets and use live
> ammo on those cunts. It will only cause the disease to spread and slow
> down any efforts to open up. And then, those who will suffer the most
> will be the health workers.
>

>> The problem we face now is not in stopping this horrendous virus as
>> there *is* no stopping it, but in keeping it under control until we
>> reach the point where enough of us have been vaccinated for it's
>> effects to be minimized.
>
> **"Enough of us"? Fuck that. ALL OF US. Every single one. No exceptions.

There will be some exceptions on medical grounds but not a big enough
number to make any difference.

> Anti-vaxxers are complete idiots.

Agree but there is the carrot or stick methods to encourage vaccinations
and the stick is not working.
The way the Vic Govt went about forcing the construction workers (most
would have done it willingly anyway) to be vaccinated was a total cock
up then to just shut down the industry without notice was just asking
for trouble.
I know of lots of under 40's that have been trying to get vaccinated but
have had lots of trouble getting appointments due to lack of vaccines,
my daughter in law had to drive to Ballarat because she couldn't get an
appointment near her home and my oldest son had to wait 6 weeks to get his.
Youngest had less trouble getting his because he lives in the inner city.

Why my taxes have to pay for their
> stupidity is beyond my comprehension. That said, I ain't too happy about
> paying to keep smokers alive either.
>

>  We're right on the cusp now where it can get away from
>> us *very* easily, and if it does the health system will be swamped and
>> unable to cope with the case numbers and we'll see the kinds of
>> nightmares here that they've seen in most of the rest of the world
>> were hundreds of thousands of people will die because the system won't
>> be able to cope with the caseload.
>
> **Correct. Those selfish cunts who demonstrate and won't get vaccinated
> are the problem. Live ammo. Not rubber bullets. Solves all the problems.

Funny how the same people who complain about vaccines comply with many
of the other thousands of rules that control our lives.
Nothing wrong with demonstrating against an idiot like Andrews if its
done sensibly, trouble is who ever is organizing the demonstrations in
Melb are idiots, going near the Shrine is madness as is attacking the
vaccinations centers, once they did that they completely lost any hope
of public support.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<sii3bb$kd8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5765&group=aus.cars#5765

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:35:21 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 14:35 UTC

On 23/09/2021 9:48 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 23/9/21 8:08 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>> When it became apparent that COVID-19 was going to fuck the tourism
>> industry, the big hotels lobbied the gummint to use their facilities,
>> despite the fact that they are clearly not fit for purpose. That
>> fucking idiot, Scummo, doesn't give a fuck about the people of this
>> nation, but he cares about the big end of town, so he said: "Yes, what
>> a great idea."
>>
>> Just a theory mind you. The feds have still not built one single
>> quarantine facility. Fucking idiots. Still slaves to the hotel industry.
>
> That is utterly bizarre, where were those that needed to be quarantined
> going to be housed?
> Even if they started building facilities the moment they thought there
> was a need they would still take a year or more to be ready so what
> happens in the meantime?

That's why they used hotels. Where else are you going to put them?

I've head some people suggest that they should have been put in disused
detention centres, and I've heard some people say they should have been
put in makeshift camps at sports stadiums. The problem with those ideas
(and others) where not only that they weren't "ready to go" options that
could be made to work within the extremely limited time frame within
which the scheme needed to be up and running, but also that they
wouldn't actually work as quarantine centres as not only did the people
going into quarantine need to be isolated from the broader community,
but they also needed to be isolated from each other to stop the
contagion from spreading within their own ranks.

Effectively the government only had two realistic choices available to
them. Put them in short term emergency isolation and the only facilities
that met that immediate need were hotels, or stop them boarding the
planes to come here in the first place.

If it were my choice I would have halted them at their departure points
and prevented them from entering the country, and while I'm sure that
that thought would have crossed the minds of the people in power at the
time they chose to allow citizens to return to their own country.

Had the decision need to be made now I'm not so sure the same choice
would be made.

> The States have been in charge of the bulk of the hotel quarantine.
> In an ironic twist I think that the problems we are facing now are
> indirectly caused by our early success in controlling the virus, low
> case numbers and very few deaths relative to other countries resulted in
> people being too lax about being vaccinated, other countries that fared
> much worse early on now have a far greater percentage of their
> populations vaccinated so they are doing better.

I agree. Success for us has bred a fair amount of apathy and ignorance
that we're paying for now, but the slow speed of the vaccination rollout
here has largely been a result of external forces that we have no
control over.

The Federal Government has copped a ridiculous amount of flak for the
speed of the vaccine rollout in this country and it really hasn't been
their fault at all. The Vaccine manufacturers, who are all overseas
based companies, have been working to maximum capacity and delivering
vaccine doses to countries on an urgency basis. Quite simply, they've
had to prioritize to get the maximum effect out of their production
ability, and because we've been seen by the world to have done well and
avoided serious trouble our need for vaccine doses has been seen to be
considerably less urgent than most and as a result we've had to wait.

That's not the government's fault, and criticizing them for that or
claiming that they "failed to negotiate a deal" to secure what we needed
is utterly ridiculous. You cannot force someone to sell you something,
especially when others are in a far more desperate need than you are.

However, the government certainly *is* responsible for some of the early
confusion and "hysteria" relating to the vaccines themselves. For
example, Morrison standing up in front of the press and treating people
like fucking idiots in declaring that "it's not a race" at a time where
other countries were securing doses ahead of us did nothing other than
make him look like a total fucking dickhead who was twiddling his thumbs
because he didn't know what to do. Had he treated the populace with
respect and *explained* the situation as it was they would have
understood, and it probably would have gone some way to making people
take the restrictions a little more seriously.

But no, he gives people the false impression that there is no hurry, and
"she'll be right".

Moron. Just like that other moron who is Chief Health Officer in
Queensland. That stupid fucking mole played into the hands of every anti
vax fuckwit in the country by declaring that Astrazenica was dangerous
to anyone under 60 and that she wasn't going to be responsible for the
death of a 20 year old because she said they could have it.

What a fucking imbecile. Why she was not diss-fucking-smissed on the
spot I am fucked if I know.

> Only time will tell whether or not the approach the US and UK took early
> on, that is they accepted more cases and deaths, is better than
> Australia's attempt to achieve zero cases which seems to have failed.

It's all about the dollar obviously. Keeping the wheels turning and all
that. But there's a price to pay in trying to get back to normal too
early, and some countries are paying it. In our case I I think we're
doing too bad, and far better than most people like to think.

Sure a lot of businesses are hurting, and particularly small businesses,
but there are reasonable financial support packages in place for both
business and individuals. Unemployment is down. The economy is actually
up almost 10% over this time last year. We're still managing that while
keeping our Covid numbers relatively low with an average of 1500 new
cases and around 8 deaths per day.

On the other hand, The US is averaging around 135 thousand new Covid
cases with 2 thousand deaths per day, while the UK has around 35
thousand daily new cases and an average of 170 deaths.

Appalling figures, but when you look at the numbers on a per capita
basis we are around 10 to 20 times better off than they are.

>> **"Enough of us"? Fuck that. ALL OF US. Every single one. No exceptions.
>
> There will be some exceptions on medical grounds but not a big enough
> number to make any difference.
>
>> Anti-vaxxers are complete idiots.
>
> Agree but there is the carrot or stick methods to encourage vaccinations
> and the stick is not working.

Personally I don't think they've used anywhere near a big enough stick yet.

> The way the Vic Govt went about forcing the construction workers (most
> would have done it willingly anyway) to be vaccinated was a total cock
> up then to just shut down the industry without notice was just asking
> for trouble.

They brought it on themselves for being total dicks.

To be fair, I think the majority of construction workers are decent
blokes who are probably willing to comply, but their "image" has been
tarnished by a small group of morons complaining about losing their tea
rooms. You also don't have to be Einstein to walk around any
construction site and count the number of workers who are actually
complying with the requirements by wearing a mask.

Construction has had a free hit for some time. Remember, they were one
of the few industries that, until now, has been allowed to continue
along their merry way while many have had to close their doors, and yet
they still ignore mask wearing and social distancing requirements.

You also don't have to be Einstein to work out why they are the single
biggest demographic when it comes to case numbers.

> I know of lots of under 40's that have been trying to get vaccinated but
> have had lots of trouble getting appointments due to lack of vaccines,
> my daughter in law had to drive to Ballarat because she couldn't get an
> appointment near her home and my oldest son had to wait 6 weeks to get his.
> Youngest had less trouble getting his because he lives in the inner city.

I know people who have gone to walk ins and got it in a day, or others
that have made appointments and got it in a week. Luck of the draw and
it depends a lot on where you go. I imagine a lot of people don't want
to stand in line for a couple of hours to wait their turn, which slows
things up quite a bit.
>> **Correct. Those selfish cunts who demonstrate and won't get
>> vaccinated are the problem. Live ammo. Not rubber bullets. Solves all
>> the problems.
>

> Funny how the same people who complain about vaccines comply with many
> of the other thousands of rules that control our lives.

Yep. People are morons.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<kg80fyl5pyem.1jd2lzvydol3e$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5770&group=aus.cars#5770

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 06:08:57 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:08 UTC

On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:54:52 +1000, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> Dan Andrews is nowhere to be seen since the demonstrations started.
> maybe he's with noddy in coward castle? :)

Could be worse felix. You could have Gladys...

alvey
Newsreader: PM Morrison promised to take immediate action on [fill in
crisis here] on his next visit to Australia.

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<Lc63J.619603$E24.97636@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5780&group=aus.cars#5780

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Nop...@nunnya.biz.au (lindsay)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:20:39 +1000
 by: lindsay - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 21:20 UTC

On 23/09/2021 8:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 8:08 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>> **Correct. Those selfish cunts who demonstrate and won't get
>> vaccinated are the problem. Live ammo. Not rubber bullets. Solves all
>> the problems.
>
> No argument here, although that may be seem as a _tad_ extreme in some
> circles :)

Personally, I'd like to know where our water cannon is? Did Christine
Nixon feminise that as well? Or did she eat it? I'd fill it with icy
cold water and nice red dye, hose the fucks down till they are nice and
wet all over, then taser the fuck out of them for full effect. 100's of
'em. all at the same time. The video would be awesome. Would look like a
net full of garfish being dumped on the floor of a boat :-) Anyone with
dye on them cops a $5k fine for first offence. $25k for second.

--
"If his story wasn't total and utter bullshit, it would be a doddle for
him to get the info. Trouble is, he was never involved in the incident.

"I was never in doubt that the accident took place." xeno 12/08/18

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir4fqcFtgafU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5783&group=aus.cars#5783

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:10:02 +1000
 by: Daryl - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:10 UTC

On 24/9/21 12:35 am, Noddy wrote:
> [...]
> make him look like a total fucking dickhead who was twiddling his thumbs
> because he didn't know what to do. Had he treated the populace with
> respect and *explained* the situation as it was they would have
> understood, and it probably would have gone some way to making people
> take the restrictions a little more seriously.
>
> But no, he gives people the false impression that there is no hurry, and
> "she'll be right".
>
> Moron. Just like that other moron who is Chief Health Officer in
> Queensland. That stupid fucking mole played into the hands of every anti
> vax fuckwit in the country by declaring that Astrazenica was dangerous
> to anyone under 60 and that she wasn't going to be responsible for the
> death of a 20 year old because she said they could have it.
>
> What a fucking imbecile. Why she was not diss-fucking-smissed on the

I try to avoid watching any Covid news but I have seen her speak a few
times and I usually end up thinking WTF, unfortunately once these "Chief
Health Officers" gain a bit of power its going to their heads and they
become just another power hungry politician.
Better if the just stuck to the science.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir4hgeFtq7iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5784&group=aus.cars#5784

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:38:53 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:38 UTC

On 23/09/2021 9:48 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 23/9/21 8:08 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Oddly enough, as much as I hate Victorian state Labor with a passion
>>> (and I *really* fucking hate them), I find myself sympathizing with
>>> Andrews and feel that he's getting the hot end of the poker unjustly.
>>
>> **Yep.
>>

>>> Let me be quite clear. I'm *not* a Daniel Andrews fan and I think
>>> that would be obvious to anyone who's ever read any comment I've made
>>> about him. He's fucked up every project he's put his hands on in this
>>> state and made a *huge* fucking mess. But as far as managing the
>>> Covid pandemic goes he's done pretty well despite issues like aged
>>> care and hotel quarantine being a bit of a fiasco.
>>
>> **The aged care deaths were a federal responsibility. In that sense,
>> Scummo couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. Hotel quarantine is
>> also a federal responsibility. The feds SHOULD have begun building
>> quarantine places early last year. They have resisted. In this matter,
>> I have a theory:
>>
>> When it became apparent that COVID-19 was going to fuck the tourism
>> industry, the big hotels lobbied the gummint to use their facilities,
>> despite the fact that they are clearly not fit for purpose. That
>> fucking idiot, Scummo, doesn't give a fuck about the people of this
>> nation, but he cares about the big end of town, so he said: "Yes, what
>> a great idea."
>>
>> Just a theory mind you. The feds have still not built one single
>> quarantine facility. Fucking idiots. Still slaves to the hotel industry.
>
> That is utterly bizarre, where were those that needed to be quarantined
> going to be housed?

**In a PURPOSE BUILT facility. The feds have had 18 MONTHS to build a
bunch. They don't have to be flash. As usual, the cunts in charge have
been sitting on their thumbs. They fucked up the vaccine roll-out and
they fucked up quarantine. We've spent HUNDREDS OF MILLION of Dollars on
the failed hotel quarantine system.

Do you seriously imagine that if the gummint chucked (say) $500 million
at building a purpose built quarantine facility, that it couldn't be
done in short order?

> Even if they started building facilities the moment they thought there
> was a need they would still take a year or more to be ready so what
> happens in the meantime?

**Those quarantine facilities would be built by now. That's what would
happen. They've had 18 months. All while hotel quarantine has been shown
to be a failure.

> The States have been in charge of the bulk of the hotel quarantine.

**The feds are responsible for quarantine. Always have been. They may
have handed that responsibility to the states, but the feds are responsible.

> In an ironic twist I think that the problems we are facing now are
> indirectly caused by our early success in controlling the virus, low
> case numbers and very few deaths relative to other countries resulted in
> people being too lax about being vaccinated, other countries that fared
> much worse early on now have a far greater percentage of their
> populations vaccinated so they are doing better.

**Partly true. The other reason we are where we are right now, is due to
the penny-pinching fuck-up by Scummo.

> Only time will tell whether or not the approach the US and UK took early
> on, that is they accepted more cases and deaths, is better than
> Australia's attempt to achieve zero cases which seems to have failed.

**No. Our original approach was a good one. ALL the states managed it
reasonably well. Some better than others. Where we (by "we" I mean
Scummo) is the complete fuck-up WRT vaccines. Scummo and his band of
idiots failed to speak to Pfizer. WTF?

>>> As far as Victorian regulations go the overwhelming bulk of it is at
>>> the recommendation of the Chief Health Officer, and if they make a
>>> recommendation it would be a very brave politician indeed who would
>>> ignore it in times of a national health crisis as we find ourselves
>>> in now. Following the health advice is easy to understand. What is
>>> significantly *less* easy to understand is why that advice seems to
>>> vary so greatly between each state.
>>
>> **I can speak for NSW. Our idiot premier has handled things reasonably
>> well. We had superior tracking and tracing in the early days, which
>> allowed NSW to resist COVID-19 so well. Blind Freddy could tell you
>> that opening up at 70% vax is idiotic to the extreme. Yet, that is
>> precisely what Gladys is going to do. I feel terribly sorry for health
>> workers. They are the ones who will suffer with this decision forced
>> on Gladys by the big end of town. It is devoid of logic, common-sense
>> and humanity.
>>

>>> We are at a really critical point in the pandemic at the moment with
>>> the Delta strain getting a real stranglehold. We recorded a record
>>> number of new infections in Victoria today, and these anti vax
>>> protest munts who are banging on about wanting their freedom are both
>>> not helping and not getting it.
>>
>> **My opinion? The police should dump their rubber bullets and use live
>> ammo on those cunts. It will only cause the disease to spread and slow
>> down any efforts to open up. And then, those who will suffer the most
>> will be the health workers.
>>

>>> The problem we face now is not in stopping this horrendous virus as
>>> there *is* no stopping it, but in keeping it under control until we
>>> reach the point where enough of us have been vaccinated for it's
>>> effects to be minimized.
>>
>> **"Enough of us"? Fuck that. ALL OF US. Every single one. No exceptions.
>
> There will be some exceptions on medical grounds but not a big enough
> number to make any difference.

**Exactly. `

>> Anti-vaxxers are complete idiots.
>
> Agree but there is the carrot or stick methods to encourage vaccinations
> and the stick is not working.

**Agreed. March the dickheads in at gunpoint.

> The way the Vic Govt went about forcing the construction workers (most
> would have done it willingly anyway) to be vaccinated was a total cock
> up then to just shut down the industry without notice was just asking
> for trouble.

**No, it wasn't. The construction industry is/was responsible for a
large number of infections.

> I know of lots of under 40's that have been trying to get vaccinated but
> have had lots of trouble getting appointments due to lack of vaccines,

**Exactly my previous point. The feds fucked up the vaccine roll-out.

> my daughter in law had to drive to Ballarat because she couldn't get an
> appointment near her home and my oldest son had to wait 6 weeks to get his.
> Youngest had less trouble getting his because he lives in the inner city.

**There is and has been plenty of A-Z vax available. A-Z is a perfectly
fine vaccine. In fact, speaking to my GP the other day about booster
shots. He tells me that researchers have found that A-Z has a longer
lasting protection than Pfizer (and probably Moderna).

>  Why my taxes have to pay for their
>> stupidity is beyond my comprehension. That said, I ain't too happy
>> about paying to keep smokers alive either.
>>

>>   We're right on the cusp now where it can get away from
>>> us *very* easily, and if it does the health system will be swamped
>>> and unable to cope with the case numbers and we'll see the kinds of
>>> nightmares here that they've seen in most of the rest of the world
>>> were hundreds of thousands of people will die because the system
>>> won't be able to cope with the caseload.
>>
>> **Correct. Those selfish cunts who demonstrate and won't get
>> vaccinated are the problem. Live ammo. Not rubber bullets. Solves all
>> the problems.
>

> Funny how the same people who complain about vaccines comply with many
> of the other thousands of rules that control our lives.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir4jsiFu6usU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5788&group=aus.cars#5788

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 10:19:27 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:19 UTC

On 24/9/21 9:38 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>> Agree but there is the carrot or stick methods to encourage
>> vaccinations and the stick is not working.
>
> **Agreed. March the dickheads in at gunpoint.

Better to just shoot the politicians who allowed the situation to
develop through lack of oversight.

>> The way the Vic Govt went about forcing the construction workers (most
>> would have done it willingly anyway) to be vaccinated was a total cock
>> up then to just shut down the industry without notice was just asking
>> for trouble.
>
> **No, it wasn't. The construction industry is/was responsible for a
> large number of infections.

Even so the approach was very heavy handed and could have been done much
more diplomatically, in typical form the Vic Govt created the issue by
not enforcing the rules in the first place then they acted without
thinking it through.
Its odd how Work Safe inspectors can fine people for not testing and
tagging their electrical gear yet they do nothing when they don't comply
with Covid rules, its just another total failure of the Vic Govt.
The Vic Govt kowtowed to their union masters and when it went to shit
they attacked the workers instead of taking responsibility for their own
fuck up.

>> I know of lots of under 40's that have been trying to get vaccinated
>> but have had lots of trouble getting appointments due to lack of
>> vaccines,
>
> **Exactly my previous point. The feds fucked up the vaccine roll-out.
>
>> my daughter in law had to drive to Ballarat because she couldn't get
>> an appointment near her home and my oldest son had to wait 6 weeks to
>> get his.
>> Youngest had less trouble getting his because he lives in the inner city.
>
> **There is and has been plenty of A-Z vax available. A-Z is a perfectly
> fine vaccine.

Generally yes but its not for everyone, my son has a serious medical
condition and his specialist told him not to get AZ under any circumstances.
Only a fool would ignore the advice of a professor who is a world
renowned specialist in his field.

In fact, speaking to my GP the other day about booster
> shots. He tells me that researchers have found that A-Z has a longer
> lasting protection than Pfizer (and probably Moderna).

I'm happy to have had the AZ vaccine, been double dosed for just on 2
months and no problems.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir4ktiFuc84U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5792&group=aus.cars#5792

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 10:40:42 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:40 UTC

On 24/09/2021 7:20 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 8:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 23/09/2021 8:08 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>>> **Correct. Those selfish cunts who demonstrate and won't get
>>> vaccinated are the problem. Live ammo. Not rubber bullets. Solves
>>> all the problems.
>>
>> No argument here, although that may be seem as a _tad_ extreme in
>> some circles :)
>
> Personally, I'd like to know where our water cannon is? Did Christine
> Nixon feminise that as well? Or did she eat it? I'd fill it with icy
> cold water and nice red dye, hose the fucks down till they are nice
> and wet all over, then taser the fuck out of them for full effect.
> 100's of 'em. all at the same time. The video would be awesome. Would
> look like a net full of garfish being dumped on the floor of a boat
> :-) Anyone with dye on them cops a $5k fine for first offence. $25k
> for second.

but they have 'a right to demonstrate'. and block the Westgate bridge,
desecrate the Shrine, damage property, etc., apparently

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<sij842$b9n$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5799&group=aus.cars#5799

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 11:02:57 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 01:02 UTC

On 24/09/2021 7:20 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 8:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 23/09/2021 8:08 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>>> **Correct. Those selfish cunts who demonstrate and won't get
>>> vaccinated are the problem. Live ammo. Not rubber bullets. Solves all
>>> the problems.
>>
>> No argument here, although that may be seem as a _tad_ extreme in some
>> circles :)
>
> Personally, I'd like to know where our water cannon is?

Yeah, me too.

> Did Christine Nixon feminise that as well? Or did she eat it?

Hahahahaaha :)

She has to eat, you know. Especially when people are trapped in their
homes burning to death.

Fucking imbecilic mole....

> I'd fill it with icy cold water and nice red dye, hose the fucks down till they are nice and
> wet all over, then taser the fuck out of them for full effect. 100's of
> 'em. all at the same time. The video would be awesome. Would look like a
> net full of garfish being dumped on the floor of a boat :-)

You would have made an awesome Nazi :)

> Anyone with dye on them cops a $5k fine for first offence. $25k for second.

Agreed.

Fuck the lot of them. Beat the shit out of them *so* hard that they
can't go out their front door for a month.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<sij8e7$egr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5800&group=aus.cars#5800

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 11:08:20 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 01:08 UTC

On 24/09/2021 9:10 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 24/9/21 12:35 am, Noddy wrote:

>> Moron. Just like that other moron who is Chief Health Officer in
>> Queensland. That stupid fucking mole played into the hands of every
>> anti vax fuckwit in the country by declaring that Astrazenica was
>> dangerous to anyone under 60 and that she wasn't going to be
>> responsible for the death of a 20 year old because she said they could
>> have it.
>>
>> What a fucking imbecile. Why she was not diss-fucking-smissed on the
>> spot I am fucked if I know.
>
> I try to avoid watching any Covid news but I have seen her speak a few
> times and I usually end up thinking WTF, unfortunately once these "Chief
> Health Officers" gain a bit of power its going to their heads and they
> become just another power hungry politician.
> Better if the just stuck to the science.

Well, that's what they're all supposed to be basing their decisions on,
but the trouble is they all react to it differently, and inconsistently.

I understand the need for restrictions to be put in place, but when I
look at *some* of them I scratch my head and wonder what the thought
process was that led to their inception. Up until recently you were
limited to having 5 people at your home, but you could have 20 people at
a brothel.

What the actual fuck? :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<ir4p9gFl6aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5804&group=aus.cars#5804

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 11:51:42 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 01:51 UTC

On 24/9/21 11:08 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 24/09/2021 9:10 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 24/9/21 12:35 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Moron. Just like that other moron who is Chief Health Officer in
>>> Queensland. That stupid fucking mole played into the hands of every
>>> anti vax fuckwit in the country by declaring that Astrazenica was
>>> dangerous to anyone under 60 and that she wasn't going to be
>>> responsible for the death of a 20 year old because she said they
>>> could have it.
>>>
>>> What a fucking imbecile. Why she was not diss-fucking-smissed on the
>>> spot I am fucked if I know.
>>
>> I try to avoid watching any Covid news but I have seen her speak a few
>> times and I usually end up thinking WTF, unfortunately once these
>> "Chief Health Officers" gain a bit of power its going to their heads
>> and they become just another power hungry politician.
>> Better if the just stuck to the science.
>
> Well, that's what they're all supposed to be basing their decisions on,
> but the trouble is they all react to it differently, and inconsistently.
>
> I understand the need for restrictions to be put in place, but when I
> look at *some* of them I scratch my head and wonder what the thought
> process was that led to their inception. Up until recently you were
> limited to having 5 people at your home, but you could have 20 people at
> a brothel.
>
> What the actual fuck? :)

Its bizarre.
Unless you want to spend half your day every day reading the rules you
will never know what you can and can't do.
AFAIK you aren't allowed to have any visitors to your home?

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<sijbga$ee$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5806&group=aus.cars#5806

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:00:39 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 02:00 UTC

On 24/09/2021 9:38 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 9:48 pm, Daryl wrote:

>> That is utterly bizarre, where were those that needed to be
>> quarantined going to be housed?
>
> **In a PURPOSE BUILT facility. The feds have had 18 MONTHS to build a
> bunch.

That's a very easy call to make with the benefit of hindsight. 18 months
ago no one had any real idea how bad this was going to be or how long it
was going to last, and once they did what we *didn't* have was the time
to build new facilities.

> They don't have to be flash.

Uh-huh. So, what would you have built, where would you have built them,
and how long do you think it would have taken you to achieve that?

> As usual, the cunts in charge have
> been sitting on their thumbs. They fucked up the vaccine roll-out and
> they fucked up quarantine. We've spent HUNDREDS OF MILLION of Dollars on
> the failed hotel quarantine system.

The hotel quarantine system has been *far* more successful that you
apparently realise, with the number of incidents related to it being
quite small compared to the number of people who have gone through it.
In fact, for an ad-hoc idea that in Victoria at least went from
conception to reality in the space of less than 48 hours it did
remarkably well *despite* it's shortcomings.

Was it a perfect system? No, of course it wasn't. Far from it in fact.
But it certainly *was* the best they could do with the resources and
time window they had available.

> Do you seriously imagine that if the gummint chucked (say) $500 million
> at building a purpose built quarantine facility, that it couldn't be
> done in short order?

Yes, I do. There is virtually *nothing* in this country that ever gets
done in "short order", and an "emergency quarantine facility" would have
been no exception.

>> Even if they started building facilities the moment they thought there
>> was a need they would still take a year or more to be ready so what
>> happens in the meantime?
>
> **Those quarantine facilities would be built by now. That's what would
> happen. They've had 18 months. All while hotel quarantine has been shown
> to be a failure.
>
>> The States have been in charge of the bulk of the hotel quarantine.
>
> **The feds are responsible for quarantine. Always have been. They may
> have handed that responsibility to the states, but the feds are
> responsible.

Not in this case they weren't. Control was handed to the verious states
and territories, and the Federal government had absolutely zero
authority over how the states organised their respective quarantine
systems.

Customs and quarantine are duties that in normal times fall within the
authority of the Federal Government, but in this particular case the
"problem" was/is way bigger than what the Federal government can handle
which is why authority was delegated.

>> In an ironic twist I think that the problems we are facing now are
>> indirectly caused by our early success in controlling the virus, low
>> case numbers and very few deaths relative to other countries resulted
>> in people being too lax about being vaccinated, other countries that
>> fared much worse early on now have a far greater percentage of their
>> populations vaccinated so they are doing better.
>
> **Partly true. The other reason we are where we are right now, is due to
> the penny-pinching fuck-up by Scummo.

For fuck's sake you can come up with some nonsense at times :)

The Federal Government's actual involvement in managing this pandemic
has been virtually fuck nothing. Control of borders, restrictions,
movement, medical treatment and virtually everything else relating to
dealing with this pandemic has been under the authority of the various
States and Territories, and the Federal Government has no say in that.
The Federal activity has largely been limited to a financial
responsibility in terms of managing assistance packages.

What Daryl has said is absolutely spot on in that we've suffered from
Victory disease. We did very well initially which has led to a false
sense of security when it comes to doing things to limit our exposure to
the virus, and this has been compounded by the arrival in Australia of
the Delta strain combined with the NSW government's failure to act
swiftly in dealing with it.

You can blame "the feds" all you like, but the reality is that it was
the direct failure of the NSW government to act when they needed to
which has resulted in the problems we see in NSW and Victoria today.

>> Only time will tell whether or not the approach the US and UK took
>> early on, that is they accepted more cases and deaths, is better than
>> Australia's attempt to achieve zero cases which seems to have failed.
>
> **No. Our original approach was a good one. ALL the states managed it
> reasonably well. Some better than others. Where we (by "we" I mean
> Scummo) is the complete fuck-up WRT vaccines. Scummo and his band of
> idiots failed to speak to Pfizer. WTF?

I'm sorry Trevor, but this is a flat out falsehood, which was created by
the opposition to try to get some political mileage out of the pandemic.
The reality is somewhat different and this claim has been denied by both
the Federal government officials who were involved and Pfizer themselves.

Read about it here:

--

>>> **"Enough of us"? Fuck that. ALL OF US. Every single one. No exceptions.
>>
>> There will be some exceptions on medical grounds but not a big enough
>> number to make any difference.
>
> **Exactly. `

The scientific theory is that an 80% double dose is sufficient for the
remaining 20% to not make a difference.

>>> Anti-vaxxers are complete idiots.
>>
>> Agree but there is the carrot or stick methods to encourage
>> vaccinations and the stick is not working.
>
> **Agreed. March the dickheads in at gunpoint.

Ja Vol mein Fuhrer :)

You don't think that in a free democracy that forcing people to be
injected with a chemical substance in the interests of the "greater
good" is pushing the boundaries just a _tad_ ? :)

>> The way the Vic Govt went about forcing the construction workers (most
>> would have done it willingly anyway) to be vaccinated was a total cock
>> up then to just shut down the industry without notice was just asking
>> for trouble.
>
> **No, it wasn't. The construction industry is/was responsible for a
> large number of infections.

Yes they are, and they deserved what they got. The ability of anyone
over 18 to get vaccinated has existed for some time now, and there is
virtually no excuse for anyone not to be.

>> I know of lots of under 40's that have been trying to get vaccinated
>> but have had lots of trouble getting appointments due to lack of
>> vaccines,
>
> **Exactly my previous point. The feds fucked up the vaccine roll-out.

No, they didn't :) Not in terms of supply. For that we are totally at
the behest of the foreign companies who sell it to us, and you can't
force anyone to do that. What the Feds *did* do is create a completely
confusing picture about Astrazenica to the point here we now make it
here but give it away to other countries because morons here won't take it.

>> my daughter in law had to drive to Ballarat because she couldn't get
>> an appointment near her home and my oldest son had to wait 6 weeks to
>> get his.
>> Youngest had less trouble getting his because he lives in the inner city.
>
> **There is and has been plenty of A-Z vax available. A-Z is a perfectly
> fine vaccine. In fact, speaking to my GP the other day about booster
> shots. He tells me that researchers have found that A-Z has a longer
> lasting protection than Pfizer (and probably Moderna).

Yep. A-Z is excellent, and the hysteria associated with it is precisely
that. It's a safe drug, and is safer than many common everyday drugs
that people throw down their necks without ever once thinking about the
possibility of side effects.

Both the Federal and State governments are responsible for that thanks
to their inconsistent and totally confusing information relating to the
drug, and the media is not without a degree in culpability in causing
the negative attitude towards it either.

>> Funny how the same people who complain about vaccines comply with many
>> of the other thousands of rules that control our lives.
>
> **You can't stop people being stupid.

Sadly, which is why we have the lockdown laws we have. If people were
left to their own devices we'd be in the same boat as the US, India, the
UK or anywhere else where the effects have been devastating.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<sijchu$5gi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5808&group=aus.cars#5808

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:18:36 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 02:18 UTC

On 24/09/2021 10:19 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 24/9/21 9:38 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>> **No, it wasn't. The construction industry is/was responsible for a
>> large number of infections.
>
> Even so the approach was very heavy handed and could have been done much
> more diplomatically, in typical form the Vic Govt created the issue by
> not enforcing the rules in the first place then they acted without
> thinking it through.

Bearing in mind, of course, that you're talking about a largely
"meathead" workforce with a militant union who doesn't take kindly to
being told what to do.

In the midst of a worldwide pandemic where people have lost their jobs,
their homes, their partners, their children, their lives, these morons
held public protests about losing access to their fucking *tearooms*.

It's hard to be sympathetic to their plight.

> Its odd how Work Safe inspectors can fine people for not testing and
> tagging their electrical gear yet they do nothing when they don't comply
> with Covid rules, its just another total failure of the Vic Govt.

I don't see that as a failure of the Government. Worksafe inspectors are
no more in a position to enforce Covid restrictions than they are to
issue parking tickets.

This very problem is being discussed in government circles now, with the
crux of the issue being what the best way to enforce the regulations not
only in workplace environments, but in the retail and hospitality world
as well. Some are calling for "vaccination passports" with there being
some dissent against that idea, while others are wondering who's
responsibility it would be to enforce any "no passport no entry" rule.

It's difficult, with the solution not being as easy as you would think.

> The Vic Govt kowtowed to their union masters and when it went to shit
> they attacked the workers instead of taking responsibility for their own
> fuck up.

I don't know what you're referring to here.

>> **There is and has been plenty of A-Z vax available. A-Z is a
>> perfectly fine vaccine.
>
> Generally yes but its not for everyone, my son has a serious medical
> condition and his specialist told him not to get AZ under any
> circumstances.
> Only a fool would ignore the advice of a professor who is a world
> renowned specialist in his field.

I would agree wholeheartedly with this, but unfortunately many do.

The problem with A-Z is that *far* too many people have a negative view
about it based on nothing but ignorance, despite most leading medical
experts declaring that it is a safe drug and the risks associated with
it are extremely low.

That's not to say that everyone should take it, but if you consult with
a medical expert and they can see no reason why you shouldn't then I
can't understand why people don't.

>  In fact, speaking to my GP the other day about booster
>> shots. He tells me that researchers have found that A-Z has a longer
>> lasting protection than Pfizer (and probably Moderna).
>
> I'm happy to have had the AZ vaccine, been double dosed for just on 2
> months and no problems.

Same here. In fact I'm looking forward to the time when they're happy to
issue a "triple dose" booster, as I'll be on the phone that day to book
my appointment.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Melbourne's CFMEU demonstrations

<sijcmt$5gi$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5809&group=aus.cars#5809

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:21:17 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 02:21 UTC

On 24/09/2021 11:51 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 24/9/21 11:08 am, Noddy wrote:

>> I understand the need for restrictions to be put in place, but when I
>> look at *some* of them I scratch my head and wonder what the thought
>> process was that led to their inception. Up until recently you were
>> limited to having 5 people at your home, but you could have 20 people
>> at a brothel.
>>
>> What the actual fuck? :)
>>

> Its bizarre.
> Unless you want to spend half your day every day reading the rules you
> will never know what you can and can't do.
> AFAIK you aren't allowed to have any visitors to your home?

Not at the moment, no. But before the latest lockdown came into effect
you could have more people fucking each other stupid in a brothel than
you could have friends over to your place for a bbq.

<Shrug> Dunno. Maybe people in brothels coat themselves in sanitiser and
use full body condoms :)

Regards,
Noddy.