Not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: New drill

SubjectAuthor
* New drillkeithr0
+* Re: New drillTrevor Wilson
|`* Re: New drillkeithr0
| `- Re: New drillTrevor Wilson
+* Re: New drillNoddy
|+- Re: New drillTrevor Wilson
|+* Re: New drillDaryl
||`* Re: New drillNoddy
|| +- Re: New drillDaryl
|| `* Re: New drillkeithr0
||  `- Re: New drillNoddy
|`- Re: New drillkeithr0
+* Re: New drillClocky
|`* Re: New drillkeithr0
| `- Re: New drillClocky
+* Re: New drillDaryl
|`* Re: New drillkeithr0
| `* Re: New drilljonz
|  `* Re: New drillDaryl
|   `* Re: New drillTrevor Wilson
|    +* Re: New drillYosemite Sam
|    |`* Re: New drillXeno
|    | `* Re: New drillYosemite Sam
|    |  `* Re: New drillXeno
|    |   `- Re: New drillYosemite Sam
|    `* Re: New drillNoddy
|     `* Re: New drilljonz
|      `* Re: New drillNoddy
|       +- Re: New drillXeno
|       `* Re: New drilljonz
|        `- Re: New drillDaryl
+* Re: New drillYosemite Sam
|`* Re: New drillkeithr0
| `* Re: New drillYosemite Sam
|  `- Re: New drilljonz
+* Re: New drillalvey
|`* Re: New drillkeithr0
| +* Re: New drillYosemite Sam
| |`- Re: New drilljonz
| `* Re: New drillalvey
|  `* Re: New drilllindsay
|   +* Re: New drillalvey
|   |`- Re: New drilljonz
|   `* Re: New drillNoddy
|    +- Re: New drillXeno
|    `- Re: New drillalvey
+- Re: New drillMountain Magpie
+* Re: New drilllindsay
|`- Re: New drillNoddy
+* Re: New drillkeithr0
|+* Re: New drillalvey
||+- Re: New drillYosemite Sam
||+- Re: New drillYosemite Sam
||`- Re: New drillkeithr0
|+* Re: New drillYosemite Sam
||`* Re: New drillYosemite Sam
|| `* Re: New drillkeithr0
||  `* Re: New drillYosemite Sam
||   +* Re: New drillkeithr0
||   |`- Re: New drillNoddy
||   `* Re: New drillalvey
||    `- Re: New drillYosemite Sam
|+* Re: New drillNoddy
||`- Re: New drilljonz
|`- Re: New drillGrumpy Tech
+- Re: New drillF Murtz
`* Re: New drillkeithr0
 `- Re: New drillalvey

Pages:123
Re: New drill

<ir3a3pFmdd2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5762&group=aus.cars#5762

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: New drill
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:26:34 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 12:26 UTC

On 23/09/2021 9:37 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 3:49 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 23/9/21 2:23 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Whatever you do, avoid Makita. Their drills are rubbish. I have three
>>> here that do this:

>> My Makita drill has a metal chuck and doesn't have that problem, its
>> an older model that was used by my son when he was still on the tools,
>> it stopped working so he gave it to me, I put a set of new brushes in
>> it and it now works like new.
>
> I've heard that the metal chuck drills are more robust, but the trouble
> is that they're hard to get. Their "regular" plastic chucked drills are
> fucking hopeless.

I'm probably old fashioned but I still prefer a keyed chuck to an
automatic one, they're more positive.

Re: New drill

<sii3o3$n4n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5766&group=aus.cars#5766

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:42:08 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 14:42 UTC

On 23/09/2021 10:26 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 9:37 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> I've heard that the metal chuck drills are more robust, but the
>> trouble is that they're hard to get. Their "regular" plastic chucked
>> drills are fucking hopeless.
>
> I'm probably old fashioned but I still prefer a keyed chuck to an
> automatic one, they're more positive.

So do I. I tend to do a lot of heavy steel hand drilling into things
like 12mm plate, and if I just have to drill a couple of holes I'll use
the battery drill and a couple of pilot bits rather than roll out the
heavy 240v stuff. Mightn't sound quicker, but it is.

However you have to watch the auto chucks, as they slip on the shanks
easily and when they do they gall really bad and make a mess. This is
about the *only* thing I find that Makita 18v drills do really well :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: New drill

<g5o2hg9o40mv$.ou8ey3sykzen.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5769&group=aus.cars#5769

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 06:05:30 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:05 UTC

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 17:24:40 +1000, keithr0 wrote:

> On 23/09/2021 5:07 pm, alvey wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 13:27:47 +1000, keithr0 wrote:
>>
>>> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself. First
>>> the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and was
>>> surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic. Now it
>>> comes loose while drilling.
>>>
>>> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is this:
>>>
>>> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d
>>>
>>> I like that it comes with a 6 year warranty (if you register) and seems
>>> cheaper than most of the competition. Bunnings, for instance, have a
>>> Ryobi for $99 but that's just the skin and the battery and charger are
>>> $149 extra.
>>>
>>> Anybody got a better suggestion?
>>
>> Yep! A couple actually.
>>
>> 1. You could post something that's "relevant".
>> 2. You could prefix your boring, OT OPs with "OT: "
>
> The expected crap from alvey, you just can't help yourself can you?
> Nothing to say but you're going to say it anyway.

Wrong *again* keith.

*You're* the one who was very recently whining about "relevant", so having
a shot at a hypocrite is perfectly fair game. And asking people to prefix
OT posts with "OT" is an old ng tradition. There's people who aren't at all
interested in the opinions of the ng denizens on anything except the ng
speciality and use "OT" as a filter.

And of course, you don't get to decide what's "crap" and what isn't. I do
though. You are writing/plagiarising lumpen crap.

hth

alvey
Wondering if keith is paying The Fraud copyright? I know keef struggles to
express, but using Der Der's terms? Sheesh.

Re: New drill

<HQ53J.535816$6P3.329311@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5776&group=aus.cars#5776

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Nop...@nunnya.biz.au (lindsay)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 06:54:59 +1000
 by: lindsay - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:54 UTC

On 24/09/2021 6:05 am, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 17:24:40 +1000, keithr0 wrote:

>>> Yep! A couple actually.
>>>
>>> 1. You could post something that's "relevant".
>>> 2. You could prefix your boring, OT OPs with "OT: "
>>
>> The expected crap from alvey, you just can't help yourself can you?
>> Nothing to say but you're going to say it anyway.
>
> Wrong *again* keith.
>
> *You're* the one who was very recently whining about "relevant", so having
> a shot at a hypocrite is perfectly fair game.

Cool...

And asking people to prefix
> OT posts with "OT" is an old ng tradition. There's people who aren't at all
> interested in the opinions of the ng denizens on anything except the ng
> speciality and use "OT" as a filter.

Bumhole Shire in the News - 22 August 2020
Another Knobbo Classic Cock-up - Meters 11/06/20
Bumhole (Vic) In The News 13/05/20
Merrimu News 02/10/19
The Vic Gvt Knows A Wasteland When They See It 25/11/20

All off topic, like 99.99% of your CRAP, and I dont see OT in any of
your headers above, fucking hypocrite.

hth, hypocrite.

--
"If his story wasn't total and utter bullshit, it would be a doddle for
him to get the info. Trouble is, he was never involved in the incident.

"I was never in doubt that the accident took place." xeno 12/08/18

Re: New drill

<yY53J.268455$r4y9.189857@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5778&group=aus.cars#5778

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Nop...@nunnya.biz.au (lindsay)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:03:22 +1000
 by: lindsay - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 21:03 UTC

On 23/09/2021 1:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself. First
> the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and was
> surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic. Now it
> comes loose while drilling.
>
> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is this:
>
> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d

Great drills.. I have 4-5 bosch drills, some coming up to 10yo(?) no
issues. Guy helping me to build my shed will tell you to keep your head
(esp your jaw) away from it/out of range when putting it in reverse :-)
He damn near knocked himself out, and we wont let him forget it either. :-D

> I like that it comes with a 6 year warranty (if you register) and seems
> cheaper than most of the competition. Bunnings, for instance, have a
> Ryobi for $99 but that's just the skin and the battery and charger are
> $149 extra.
>
> Anybody got a better suggestion?

--
"If his story wasn't total and utter bullshit, it would be a doddle for
him to get the info. Trouble is, he was never involved in the incident.
He knows that, I know that and you had best wake up to it. xeno 24/08/14

"I was never in doubt that the accident took place." xeno 12/08/18

Re: New drill

<h84heusd4mrn$.1k9m8yyg6zaqb.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5781&group=aus.cars#5781

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:30:45 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 21:30 UTC

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 06:54:59 +1000, lindsay wrote:

> On 24/09/2021 6:05 am, alvey wrote:

>>> The expected crap from alvey, you just can't help yourself can you?
>>> Nothing to say but you're going to say it anyway.
>>
>> Wrong *again* keith.
>>
>> *You're* the one who was very recently whining about "relevant", so having
>> a shot at a hypocrite is perfectly fair game.
>
> Cool...
>
> And asking people to prefix
>> OT posts with "OT" is an old ng tradition. There's people who aren't at all
>> interested in the opinions of the ng denizens on anything except the ng
>> speciality and use "OT" as a filter.
>
> Bumhole Shire in the News - 22 August 2020
> Another Knobbo Classic Cock-up - Meters 11/06/20
> Bumhole (Vic) In The News 13/05/20
> Merrimu News 02/10/19
> The Vic Gvt Knows A Wasteland When They See It 25/11/20
>
> All off topic, like 99.99% of your CRAP, and I dont see OT in any of
> your headers above, fucking hypocrite.
>
> hth, hypocrite.

Yes I know. And I'm deeply ashamed and apologetic. I was tired and
emotional at the times. And on prescription drugs. To punish myself I
promise to not only never do it again, but also continue to pursue your
lying, cowardly, hypocritical little mate until one of us leaves.

btw... I can't express how much I'm looking forward to your next
installment of 'My Block'.

alvey

Re: New drill

<ir4aruFsjcbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5782&group=aus.cars#5782

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:45:33 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 21:45 UTC

On 23/09/2021 9:56 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 23/9/21 9:04 pm, jonz wrote:

>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>   I`ve got the Ryobi one + system. one battery, one charger and
>> whatever tools you need. Excellent.
>
> A mate has got just about the entire Ryobi range of battery tools,
> renovated his house so they have been well used and he's very happy with
> the brand.

**Yep. Nothing wrong with Ryobi. Good value for money. Ryobi, Milwaukee,
AEG, Homelite and others, are made by the same company - TTI. I have a
mate who uses Ryobi tools professionally. He likes them.

Re: New drill

<ir4iieFtvtfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5785&group=aus.cars#5785

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:57:01 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:57 UTC

On 23/09/2021 1:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself. First
> the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and was
> surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic. Now it
> comes loose while drilling.
>
> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is this:
>
> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d
>

> I like that it comes with a 6 year warranty (if you register) and seems
> cheaper than most of the competition. Bunnings, for instance, have a
> Ryobi for $99 but that's just the skin and the battery and charger are
> $149 extra.
>
> Anybody got a better suggestion?

Thanks to all who replied with constructive suggestions, alvey and felix
can go fuck themselves with a piece of barbed wire.

Re: New drill

<838wm4bo9unp.5spa0majxm9n$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5786&group=aus.cars#5786

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 10:09:23 +1000
 by: alvey - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:09 UTC

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:57:01 +1000, keithr0 wrote:

> On 23/09/2021 1:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself. First
>> the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and was
>> surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic. Now it
>> comes loose while drilling.
>>
>> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is this:
>>
>> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d
>>
>> I like that it comes with a 6 year warranty (if you register) and seems
>> cheaper than most of the competition. Bunnings, for instance, have a
>> Ryobi for $99 but that's just the skin and the battery and charger are
>> $149 extra.
>>
>> Anybody got a better suggestion?
>
> Thanks to all who replied with constructive suggestions, alvey and felix
> can go fuck themselves with a piece of barbed wire.

Oh come on keith. Don't take being beaten up so petulantly. Shirley you've
had extensive experience of it by now.

btw... Have you been punted from Useless Aircraft Renno Society? You've
been spending a lot of awful time in this toxic pond lately.

alvey

Re: New drill

<ir4kg8FuacnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5790&group=aus.cars#5790

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 10:33:35 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:33 UTC

On 24/09/2021 7:45 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 9:56 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>   I`ve got the Ryobi one + system. one battery, one charger and
>>> whatever tools you need. Excellent.
>>
>> A mate has got just about the entire Ryobi range of battery tools,
>> renovated his house so they have been well used and he's very happy
>> with the brand.
>>

> **Yep. Nothing wrong with Ryobi. Good value for money. Ryobi,
> Milwaukee, AEG, Homelite and others, are made by the same company -
> TTI. I have a mate who uses Ryobi tools professionally. He likes them.

just don't buy their 'whipper snipper'. it's crap

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: New drill

<ir4kq2Fuc84U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5791&group=aus.cars#5791

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 10:38:50 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:38 UTC

On 24/09/2021 9:57 am, keithr0 wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 1:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself.
>> First the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and
>> was surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic.
>> Now it comes loose while drilling.
>>
>> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is
>> this:
>>
>> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d
>>

>> I like that it comes with a 6 year warranty (if you register) and
>> seems cheaper than most of the competition. Bunnings, for instance,
>> have a Ryobi for $99 but that's just the skin and the battery and
>> charger are $149 extra.
>>
>> Anybody got a better suggestion?
>
> Thanks to all who replied with constructive suggestions, alvey and
> felix can go fuck themselves with a piece of barbed wire.

specifically what did I say that you found so offensive? will you reply
or just run away?

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: New drill

<ir4l5fFuem4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5793&group=aus.cars#5793

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 10:44:53 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:44 UTC

On 24/09/2021 10:09 am, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:57:01 +1000, keithr0 wrote:
>
>> On 23/09/2021 1:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>>> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself. First
>>> the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and was
>>> surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic. Now it
>>> comes loose while drilling.
>>>
>>> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is this:
>>>
>>> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d
>>>
>>> I like that it comes with a 6 year warranty (if you register) and seems
>>> cheaper than most of the competition. Bunnings, for instance, have a
>>> Ryobi for $99 but that's just the skin and the battery and charger are
>>> $149 extra.
>>>
>>> Anybody got a better suggestion?
>> Thanks to all who replied with constructive suggestions, alvey and felix
>> can go fuck themselves with a piece of barbed wire.
> Oh come on keith. Don't take being beaten up so petulantly. Shirley you've
> had extensive experience of it by now.

poor old keefy got his knickers in a knot cos I said he was stupid to
buy Aldi tools

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: New drill

<sij7gf$9p2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5794&group=aus.cars#5794

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 10:52:30 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:52 UTC

On 24/09/2021 7:03 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 1:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself.
>> First the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and
>> was surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic.
>> Now it comes loose while drilling.
>>
>> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is this:
>>
>> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d
>

> Great drills.. I have 4-5 bosch drills, some coming up to 10yo(?) no
> issues. Guy helping me to build my shed will tell you to keep your head
> (esp your jaw) away from it/out of range when putting it in reverse :-)
> He damn near knocked himself out, and we wont let him forget it either. :-D

Lol :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: New drill

<sij7jb$9p2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5795&group=aus.cars#5795

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 10:54:02 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:54 UTC

On 24/09/2021 7:45 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 9:56 pm, Daryl wrote:

>> A mate has got just about the entire Ryobi range of battery tools,
>> renovated his house so they have been well used and he's very happy
>> with the brand.
>>

> **Yep. Nothing wrong with Ryobi. Good value for money. Ryobi, Milwaukee,
> AEG, Homelite and others, are made by the same company - TTI. I have a
> mate who uses Ryobi tools professionally. He likes them.

He'd be one of the few. There's nothing wrong with them, but they *are*
"handyman" tools. They're not meant for industrial/commercial use.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: New drill

<sij7q6$b9n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5796&group=aus.cars#5796

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 10:57:38 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:57 UTC

On 24/09/2021 6:54 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 24/09/2021 6:05 am, alvey wrote:

>  And asking people to prefix
>> OT posts with "OT" is an old ng tradition. There's people who aren't
>> at all
>> interested in the opinions of the ng denizens on anything except the ng
>> speciality and use "OT" as a filter.
>
> Bumhole Shire in the News - 22 August 2020
> Another Knobbo Classic Cock-up - Meters  11/06/20
> Bumhole (Vic) In The News  13/05/20
> Merrimu News 02/10/19
> The Vic Gvt Knows A Wasteland When They See It 25/11/20
>
> All off topic, like 99.99% of your CRAP, and I dont see OT in any of
> your headers above, fucking hypocrite.
>
> hth, hypocrite.

ROTFL :)

Alvey's insides must be eating him out now that the toxic waste
situation has been sorted and it's not going to Bacchus. I expect he and
his fucktarded mental midget mates made *many* posts about it coming
here before any decision had been made, and as usual they were shown to
be wrong at the end of the day.

Has a single one of them had the balls to put their hand up and admit
they made a bad call?

Yeah, didn't think so :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: New drill

<sij7qm$b9n$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5797&group=aus.cars#5797

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 10:57:57 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:57 UTC

On 24/09/2021 9:57 am, keithr0 wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 1:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself.
>> First the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and
>> was surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic.
>> Now it comes loose while drilling.
>>
>> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is this:
>>
>> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d
>>

>> I like that it comes with a 6 year warranty (if you register) and
>> seems cheaper than most of the competition. Bunnings, for instance,
>> have a Ryobi for $99 but that's just the skin and the battery and
>> charger are $149 extra.
>>
>> Anybody got a better suggestion?
>
> Thanks to all who replied with constructive suggestions, alvey and felix
> can go fuck themselves with a piece of barbed wire.

ROTFL :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: New drill

<ir4p57Fk83U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5802&group=aus.cars#5802

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 11:53:03 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 01:53 UTC

On 24/09/2021 10:09 am, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:57:01 +1000, keithr0 wrote:
>
>> On 23/09/2021 1:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>>> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself. First
>>> the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and was
>>> surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic. Now it
>>> comes loose while drilling.
>>>
>>> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is this:
>>>
>>> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d
>>>
>>> I like that it comes with a 6 year warranty (if you register) and seems
>>> cheaper than most of the competition. Bunnings, for instance, have a
>>> Ryobi for $99 but that's just the skin and the battery and charger are
>>> $149 extra.
>>>
>>> Anybody got a better suggestion?
>> Thanks to all who replied with constructive suggestions, alvey and felix
>> can go fuck themselves with a piece of barbed wire.
> Oh come on keith. Don't take being beaten up so petulantly. Shirley you've
> had extensive experience of it by now.
>
> btw... Have you been punted from Useless Aircraft Renno Society? You've
> been spending a lot of awful time in this toxic pond lately.

https://austek.website/pics/swamp.jpg

:)

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: New drill

<sijatf$1sd1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5803&group=aus.cars#5803

From: grumpyte...@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 11:50:37 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 01:50 UTC

On 24/09/2021 9:57 am, keithr0 wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 1:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself.
>> First the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and
>> was surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic.
>> Now it comes loose while drilling.
>>
>> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is this:
>>
>> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d
>>

>> I like that it comes with a 6 year warranty (if you register) and
>> seems cheaper than most of the competition. Bunnings, for instance,
>> have a Ryobi for $99 but that's just the skin and the battery and
>> charger are $149 extra.
>>
>> Anybody got a better suggestion?
>
> Thanks to all who replied with constructive suggestions, alvey and felix
> can go fuck themselves with a piece of barbed wire.

What did the barbed wire do to deserve such torture?

FWIW I have a couple of AEG 18v jobs here. One is a hammer/screw/normal
drill and brushless and is very good. The other is a plain 2 speed drill
and quite good and around 7 years old now. Batteries are great and fit
my hedgetrimmer as well.

Re: New drill

<ir4tpeF1cdqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5811&group=aus.cars#5811

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:08:30 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 03:08 UTC

On 24/9/21 10:33 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 24/09/2021 7:45 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> A mate has got just about the entire Ryobi range of battery tools,
>>> renovated his house so they have been well used and he's very happy
>>> with the brand.
>>>

>> **Yep. Nothing wrong with Ryobi. Good value for money. Ryobi,
>> Milwaukee, AEG, Homelite and others, are made by the same company -
>> TTI. I have a mate who uses Ryobi tools professionally. He likes them.
>

> just don't buy their 'whipper snipper'. it's crap

I have their petrol powered whipper snipper, it's quite reasonable for
my needs.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: New drill

<ir4tu6F1cdqU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5812&group=aus.cars#5812

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:11:02 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 03:11 UTC

On 24/9/21 10:57 am, Noddy wrote:

> ROTFL :)
>
> Alvey's insides must be eating him out now that the toxic waste
> situation has been sorted and it's not going to Bacchus. I expect he and
> his fucktarded mental midget mates made *many* posts about it coming
> here before any decision had been made, and as usual they were shown to
> be wrong at the end of the day.
>
> Has a single one of them had the balls to put their hand up and admit
> they made a bad call?
>
> Yeah, didn't think so :)

Hey Darren, you're still near, and downwind, of a *quarry*. That's bad
enough.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: New drill

<ir4va0F1mkqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5815&group=aus.cars#5815

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:34:23 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 03:34 UTC

On 24/09/2021 10:09 am, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 09:57:01 +1000, keithr0 wrote:
>
>> On 23/09/2021 1:27 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>>> The chuck on my cheap and nasty Aldi drill/driver has shit itself. First
>>> the chuck wouldn't let go of the drill, I stripped it down and was
>>> surprised to find that one of the major components was plastic. Now it
>>> comes loose while drilling.
>>>
>>> So I need a new 18v drill driver, the best buy that I have found is this:
>>>
>>> https://www.totaltools.com.au/152150-bosch-18v-1-x-4-0ah-hammer-drill-kit-0615990j4d
>>>
>>> I like that it comes with a 6 year warranty (if you register) and seems
>>> cheaper than most of the competition. Bunnings, for instance, have a
>>> Ryobi for $99 but that's just the skin and the battery and charger are
>>> $149 extra.
>>>
>>> Anybody got a better suggestion?
>>
>> Thanks to all who replied with constructive suggestions, alvey and felix
>> can go fuck themselves with a piece of barbed wire.
>
> Oh come on keith. Don't take being beaten up so petulantly. Shirley you've
> had extensive experience of it by now.

Beaten up? ROTFL If that's your idea of violence, you're just a little
pussy cat.

> btw... Have you been punted from Useless Aircraft Renno Society? You've
> been spending a lot of awful time in this toxic pond lately.

More noise, no content.

Re: New drill

<ir5040F1qkcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5816&group=aus.cars#5816

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:51:51 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 03:51 UTC

On 24/09/2021 1:08 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 24/9/21 10:33 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> **Yep. Nothing wrong with Ryobi. Good value for money. Ryobi,
>>> Milwaukee, AEG, Homelite and others, are made by the same company -
>>> TTI. I have a mate who uses Ryobi tools professionally. He likes them.
>>

>> just don't buy their 'whipper snipper'. it's crap
>>
> I have their petrol powered whipper snipper, it's quite reasonable for
> my needs.

I meant the battery one, of course

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: New drill

<ir52knF29pmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5817&group=aus.cars#5817

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 14:31:17 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 04:31 UTC

On 24/9/21 1:51 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 24/09/2021 1:08 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> just don't buy their 'whipper snipper'. it's crap
>>>
>> I have their petrol powered whipper snipper, it's quite reasonable for
>> my needs.
>>

> I meant the battery one, of course

I thought you did. That's why I made the point mine was petrol powered.
The battery ones typically have lower output so, as a whipper snipper,
they aren't really worthwhile. I have a battery Ryobi blower and it
doesn't have as much power as my petrol powered blower. To be fair
though, had I specced a more powerful blower than this,
https://www.ryobi.com.au/garden-tools/products/details/18v-one-blower-tool-only-obl1820s
I might have had more power. That said, I use this one only to give the
garage and driveway a quick blow down, saves time, quick and easy. When
I need anything serious done, I get the petrol one out. I also had a 5AH
battery in my drill so didn't need to get another.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: New drill

<sijluu$k5u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5818&group=aus.cars#5818

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 14:59:12 +1000
 by: jonz - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 04:59 UTC

On 9/24/2021 10:54 AM, Noddy wrote:
> On 24/09/2021 7:45 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 23/09/2021 9:56 pm, Daryl wrote:
>
>>> A mate has got just about the entire Ryobi range of battery tools,
>>> renovated his house so they have been well used and he's very happy
>>> with the brand.
>>>

>> **Yep. Nothing wrong with Ryobi. Good value for money. Ryobi,
>> Milwaukee, AEG, Homelite and others, are made by the same company -
>> TTI. I have a mate who uses Ryobi tools professionally. He likes them.
>
> He'd be one of the few. There's nothing wrong with them, but they
> *are* "handyman" tools. They're not meant for industrial/commercial use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 They get just that with me...Absolutely *no* probs.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Re: New drill

<sijnt9$v70$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=5819&group=aus.cars#5819

From: jon...@nothere.com (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 15:32:23 +1000
 by: jonz - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 05:32 UTC

> Interesting stuff actually...However, I can see why someone such as yer Never been, never seen, never done, piece of shit self would think otherwise.

    In closing:

           If I wanted to kill myself, I would climb to your ego and
jump to your IQ.