A team effort is a lot of people doing what I say. -- Michael Winner, British film director

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challenge

SubjectAuthor
* BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safetyJMB99
`* BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High CourtSam Wilson
 +- BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court doorJMB99
 `* BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High CourtDave Roya
  +* BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High CourtRecliner
> [...]
  | |   | +* BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High CourtRecliner
  | |   | |`- BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challengeRoland Perry
  | |   | `* BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challengeRoland Perry
  | |   |  `* BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challengeScott
  | |   |   `* BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High CourtTweed
  | |   |    +* BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court doorAlan Lee
  | |   |    |`- BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challengeScott
  | |   |    `- BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High CourtMarland
  | |   `- BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High CourtRecliner
  | `- BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court doorGraeme Wall
  `- BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High CourtSam Wilson

Pages:123
Re: BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challenge

<srfqoipthjk0t3ishc9cleaa126bf5gabk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=70682&group=uk.railway#70682

From: newsgro...@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challenge
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 09:33:19 +0000
References: <um4ld6$1m1uc$1@dont-email.me> <um4nh2$1mcfk$1@dont-email.me> <um4s6t$1n1k8$1@dont-email.me> <9inhN.59967$aZie.33971@fx11.ams1> <I0AS1R4tZphlFAkR@perry.uk> <um67ta$20ius$1@dont-email.me> <5PVurUD6ZshlFAx1@perry.uk> <G3udnWt89YoE1hr4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> <umgq6r$3scal$2@dont-email.me> <XG$1JuAYJFjlFA1b@perry.uk> <dgmooi99gslr5mqje5jh53vevqnt3jgkdm@4ax.com> <EeDxPJOpzOjlFAHF@perry.uk>
 by: Scott - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 09:33 UTC

On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 03:35:05 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk>
wrote:

>In message <dgmooi99gslr5mqje5jh53vevqnt3jgkdm@4ax.com>, at 17:09:38 on
>Wed, 27 Dec 2023, Scott <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> remarked:
>>On Wed, 27 Dec 2023 16:35:36 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>In message <umgq6r$3scal$2@dont-email.me>, at 09:19:23 on Wed, 27 Dec
>>>2023, Anna Noyd-Dryver <anna@noyd-dryver.com> remarked:

>>>I already said the platforms at Mallaig need SDO for 7-car trains (and
>>>quite likely the forward doors on the next carriage).
>>
>>Would there be a business case to change the maximum length of the
>>train to 6-car if this would result in significant savings in the cost
>>of modifications?
>
>Seems unlikely as the reduction in capacity would cost a lot in reduced
>fares revenue.
>
>Also, it has a stop scheduled at Glenfinnian, and I don't off-hand know
>the platform length there (or at Fort William).

Plus I assume they would want the flexibility to use the same stock
elsewhere.

I assume next stage in proceedings would be the Supreme Court. Do you
- or does anyone here - expect it to reach this stage?

Re: BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challenge

<umjhmb$beog$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=70688&group=uk.railway#70688

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court
door safety challenge
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 10:12:27 -0000 (UTC)
<dgmooi99gslr5mqje5jh53vevqnt3jgkdm@4ax.com>
<EeDxPJOpzOjlFAHF@perry.uk>
<srfqoipthjk0t3ishc9cleaa126bf5gabk@4ax.com>
sha1:PfyoUJPlgVePJk3o/B947Cye1Ps=
 by: Tweed - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 10:12 UTC

Scott <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 03:35:05 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> In message <dgmooi99gslr5mqje5jh53vevqnt3jgkdm@4ax.com>, at 17:09:38 on
>> Wed, 27 Dec 2023, Scott <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> remarked:

>>> Would there be a business case to change the maximum length of the
>>> train to 6-car if this would result in significant savings in the cost
>>> of modifications?
>>
>> Seems unlikely as the reduction in capacity would cost a lot in reduced
>> fares revenue.
>>
>> Also, it has a stop scheduled at Glenfinnian, and I don't off-hand know
>> the platform length there (or at Fort William).
>
> Plus I assume they would want the flexibility to use the same stock
> elsewhere.
>
> I assume next stage in proceedings would be the Supreme Court. Do you
> - or does anyone here - expect it to reach this stage?

Their legal fees must be approaching the cost of doing the work if they
take it any further.

Re: BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challenge

<umjj7i$blk0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=70694&group=uk.railway#70694

From: ala...@darkroom.plus.com (Alan Lee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door
safety challenge
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 10:38:41 +0000
 by: Alan Lee - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 10:38 UTC

On 28/12/2023 10:12, Tweed wrote:
>> I assume next stage in proceedings would be the Supreme Court. Do you
>> - or does anyone here - expect it to reach this stage?
>>
> Their legal fees must be approaching the cost of doing the work if they
> take it any further.

Well, it appears from their submissions that their legal team are not
the sharpest ones out there, and any one with a bit of sense will
realise their case has nowhere else to go as it is so weak.

--
Remove the '+' and replace with 'plus' to reply by email

Re: BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challenge

<t9kqoihd8s66ea4jk17p6keu4lgt1hhk7f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=70696&group=uk.railway#70696

From: newsgro...@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 10:43:52 +0000
References: <um4nh2$1mcfk$1@dont-email.me> <um4s6t$1n1k8$1@dont-email.me> <9inhN.59967$aZie.33971@fx11.ams1> <I0AS1R4tZphlFAkR@perry.uk> <um67ta$20ius$1@dont-email.me> <5PVurUD6ZshlFAx1@perry.uk> <G3udnWt89YoE1hr4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> <umgq6r$3scal$2@dont-email.me> <XG$1JuAYJFjlFA1b@perry.uk> <dgmooi99gslr5mqje5jh53vevqnt3jgkdm@4ax.com> <EeDxPJOpzOjlFAHF@perry.uk> <srfqoipthjk0t3ishc9cleaa126bf5gabk@4ax.com> <umjhmb$beog$1@dont-email.me> <umjj7i$blk0$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Scott - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 10:43 UTC

On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 10:38:41 +0000, Alan Lee <alan@darkroom.plus.com>
wrote:

>On 28/12/2023 10:12, Tweed wrote:
>>> I assume next stage in proceedings would be the Supreme Court. Do you
>>> - or does anyone here - expect it to reach this stage?
>>>
>> Their legal fees must be approaching the cost of doing the work if they
>> take it any further.
>
>Well, it appears from their submissions that their legal team are not
>the sharpest ones out there, and any one with a bit of sense will
>realise their case has nowhere else to go as it is so weak.

Do you know if there will be an award of expenses in favour of ORR?

Re: BBC News: Harry Potter train operator loses High Court door safety challenge

<kv5i6qFsmvqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=70735&group=uk.railway#70735

From: gemeha...@btinternet.co.uk (Marland)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
door safety challenge
Date: 28 Dec 2023 15:23:06 GMT
<dgmooi99gslr5mqje5jh53vevqnt3jgkdm@4ax.com>
<EeDxPJOpzOjlFAHF@perry.uk>
<srfqoipthjk0t3ishc9cleaa126bf5gabk@4ax.com>
<umjhmb$beog$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Marland - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 15:23 UTC

Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> wrote:
> Scott <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 03:35:05 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In message <dgmooi99gslr5mqje5jh53vevqnt3jgkdm@4ax.com>, at 17:09:38 on
>>> Wed, 27 Dec 2023, Scott <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> remarked:

>>> Seems unlikely as the reduction in capacity would cost a lot in reduced
>>> fares revenue.
>>>
>>> Also, it has a stop scheduled at Glenfinnian, and I don't off-hand know
>>> the platform length there (or at Fort William).
>>
>> Plus I assume they would want the flexibility to use the same stock
>> elsewhere.
>>
>> I assume next stage in proceedings would be the Supreme Court. Do you
>> - or does anyone here - expect it to reach this stage?
>>

> Their legal fees must be approaching the cost of doing the work if they
> take it any further.

Especially considering the subject is about doors and will be an open or
shut case.

GH