> Ok, I see you know what you're doing :-) Either that or I've gotten pretty good at faking it.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to police

SubjectAuthor
* Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toJNugent
+- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toJNugent
+* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toJNugent
+* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toJNugent
|+* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toSpike
||`* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeMike Collins
|| +- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
|| +- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toJNugent
|| `- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toSpike
|+* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
||+- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toJNugent
||+* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
|||+- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toJNugent
|||`* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toSpike
||| `- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toJNugent
||`* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
|| `- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toSpike
|`- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to policeswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Jailed: Man (fully qualified as a fairy-cyclist) killed cyclist,JNugent
 `* Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toSpike
  `- Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied toPeter Keller

Pages:12
Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to police

<j9tjo9Ft5rnU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7236&group=uk.rec.cycling#7236

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to
police
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 09:38:18 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 09:38 UTC

On 21/03/2022 20:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Maybe it's time that the law was changed to say you are automatically responsible for anything that happens if you illegally drive?

Or, indeed, illegally cycle.

Sauce for the goose, etc.

--
Spike

Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to police

<j9tm9rFtko1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7241&group=uk.rec.cycling#7241

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
police
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 10:21:47 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 10:21 UTC

On 22/03/2022 09:11 am, Spike wrote:

> On 21/03/2022 17:12, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Excellent points, and there is also the fact that he wouldn't have been on that road if he hadn't been illegal and avoiding the police.
>
> Rather like the cyclist that was run over, who...
>
> left the pub at 11.30pm
> did not have lights
> or reflective clothing
> on a fairly poorly lit road

....and who therefore shouldn't have been there, on that unlit bike, in
that place, at that time.

> and had a collision with another cyclist

Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to police

<7432e515-41ee-41c1-84a2-3343b1605183n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7247&group=uk.rec.cycling#7247

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 03:58:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to police
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 10:58 UTC

ChrisB200SX replied to IanGlasgow | 1308 posts | 2 days ago
2 likes

Indeed, a one month sentence for driving without a licence and leaving the scene.
But, absolutely zero punishment for killing a vulnerable person in the road.
....and this is the second time he's been found guilty of causing physical harm to someone!
It's a grim state of affairs.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Jailed: Man killed cyclist, drove off then hid van and lied to police