This week only, all our fiber-fill jackets are marked down!

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Olden days.

SubjectAuthor
* Olden days.Peter Jason
+* Re: Olden days.Noddy
|+- Re: Olden days.alvey
|+- Re: Olden days.Clocky
|+* Re: Olden days.Xeno
||`- Re: Olden days.Clocky
|`- Re: Olden days.Peter Jason
+* Re: Olden days.Yosemite Sam
|`- Re: Olden days.Yosemite Sam
+* Re: Olden days.Daryl
|+* Re: Olden days.Peter Jason
||+- Re: Olden days.Xeno
||+* Re: Olden days.Noddy
|||+- Re: Olden days.Xeno
|||`* Re: Olden days.Peter Jason
||| `* Re: Olden days.Noddy
|||  +- Re: Olden days.alvey
|||  `- Re: Olden days.Xeno
||+* Re: Olden days.Daryl
|||`- Re: Olden days.Xeno
||`- Re: Olden days.Clocky
|+* Re: Olden days.Xeno
||+* Re: Olden days.Clocky
|||`- Re: Olden days.Xeno
||`* Re: Olden days.Peter Jason
|| `* Re: Olden days.Daryl
||  `- Re: Olden days.Peter Jason
|`* Re: Olden days.Noddy
| +- Re: Olden days.Xeno
| +* Re: Olden days.Daryl
| |`* Re: Olden days.Noddy
| | +- Re: Olden days.Peter Jason
| | +- Re: Olden days.Clocky
| | `- Re: Olden days.jonz@ nothere.com
| `* Re: Olden days.Peter Jason
|  `* Re: Olden days.Noddy
|   `* Re: Olden days.alvey
|    `- Re: Olden days.Peter Jason
`* Re: Olden days.Mountain Magpie
 +* Re: Olden days.Peter Jason
 |`* Re: Olden days.Noddy
 | +* Re: Olden days.Peter Jason
 | |+- Re: Olden days.Clocky
 | |`* Re: Olden days.Noddy
 | | +- Re: Olden days.Xeno
 | | `- Re: Olden days.Clocky
 | +- Re: Olden days.Xeno
 | `* Re: Olden days.Crampus
 |  +- Re: Olden days.Xeno
 |  +- Re: Olden days.Noddy
 |  `* Re: Olden days.Daryl
 |   `* Re: Olden days.Noddy
 |    `- Re: Olden days.Xeno
 `* Re: Olden days.Rudy C
  `- Re: Olden days.Clocky

Pages:123
Re: Olden days.

<sorb6s$irv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8404&group=aus.cars#8404

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Olden days.
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:22:19 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:22 UTC

On 9/12/2021 7:16 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 21:35:34 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>>> A Holden "flawless engine block" sounds like a fantasy, finding one that
>>> was as close to blueprint spec as possible would be what you would want
>>> and that would most likely happen when the tooling was new.
>>
>> His story is a load of trolling bullshit. As if Holden would let people
>> just waltz into the foundry and go through all their parts to help
>> themselves to whatever bits they liked.
>>
>> This idiot thinks people are as stupid as he is.....
>
> Yawnnnnn, being stooopid is like being dead; it's someone else's
> problem.
> The bosses & foremen used to drink at my old uncle's pub and no doubt
> that was a factor.

Of course it was :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Olden days.

<j1cpi2FcjbuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8405&group=aus.cars#8405

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:22:55 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:22 UTC

On 9/12/21 7:23 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 18:51:33 +1100, Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:

>>> A Holden "flawless engine block" sounds like a fantasy, finding one that
>>> was as close to blueprint spec as possible would be what you would want
>>> and that would most likely happen when the tooling was new.
>>> The fact that anyone felt the need to search for a "flawless engine
>>> block" shows how inconsistent quality most engines were, what's worse is
>>> that the car makers knew they were making junk and they didn't care.
>>
> I've heard statisticians were involved in manufacturing decisions,
> just like the Yanks taught the Japanese car makers.

LOL, its rather obvious that the Yanks didn't teach the Japanese how to
make cars, more likely the other way around.
Some early Japanese cars were copies of British cars which they very
significantly improved.

--
Daryl

Re: Olden days.

<sorb9c$irv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8406&group=aus.cars#8406

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:23:39 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:23 UTC

On 9/12/2021 7:20 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 21:38:34 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/12/2021 5:22 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 17:11:19 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>

>>> No doubt due to computers, robots and machine tools.
>>
>> Hate to burst your delusional bubble here pal, but even back in the
>> early 1960's when the Holden Red Motor first emerged the manufacturing
>> process was pretty automated. There wasn't a whole lot of hand operation
>> going on, and the tolerances didn't vary much.
>
> It was the 1950s, and I don't know the engine colour.

Clearly you don't know too much about anything.

> Please drag your knuckles outta here!

My knuckles are fine thanks Max, but your bullshit is dead in the water.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Olden days.

<sorbig$lvm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8408&group=aus.cars#8408

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:28:29 +1100
 by: Noddy - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:28 UTC

On 8/12/2021 11:09 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 8/12/21 9:35 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>>
>>> A Holden "flawless engine block" sounds like a fantasy, finding one
>>> that was as close to blueprint spec as possible would be what you
>>> would want and that would most likely happen when the tooling was new.
>>
>> His story is a load of trolling bullshit. As if Holden would let
>> people just waltz into the foundry and go through all their parts to
>> help themselves to whatever bits they liked.
>>
>> This idiot thinks people are as stupid as he is.....
>>

> Not impossible but the "had contacts there" would have to be very senior
> management so not very likely.
> Back in the day at Ford the factory race team people might have been
> able to "select" their own parts and I have heard stories with no way of
> confirming them of senior management getting directly involved if they
> wanted something special but very unlikely that an outsider could have
> access.

Yeah, but that was authorised. There's copies of the "secret"
documentation getting around showing that it happened. Ford supporting
their "factory" race team is just a little different than some knob
walking into Fisherman's Bend and taking his pick of the stock because
he has an occasional beer with some bloke down at the pub :)

Max needs to ask Clasener for an FLC application form....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Olden days.

<j1cqe5FcltaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8409&group=aus.cars#8409

From: nocommie...@bluemountains.com (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:37:57 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:37 UTC

On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 12:48:33 +1100, Peter Jason posted:-

> In the 1950s my uncle now long dead and gone to his deserts would
> build his own holden engine with parts directly from General Motors in
> Fisherman's Bend Melbourne.
> He had contacts there.
> He and some friends would front up with an armful of measuring
> instruments and select an flawless engine block from the stack.
> Then from the bins pick out parts, pistons camshafts, con rods etc and
> with the micrometers, calipers and such get as close a fit for all
> parts to fit into the block.
> The result gave an engine more tolerant to abuse and thrashing, though
> he blew them all up eventually.
> Can't do that these days, I suppose.

Did he pay for the bits and pieces?

Re: Olden days.

<15u0y7xhdqx04$.oqp15lzzfmbj.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8410&group=aus.cars#8410

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:08:03 +1000
 by: alvey - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 23:08 UTC

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:23:39 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 9/12/2021 7:20 am, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Hate to burst your delusional bubble here pal, but even back in the
>>> early 1960's when the Holden Red Motor first emerged the manufacturing
>>> process was pretty automated. There wasn't a whole lot of hand operation
>>> going on, and the tolerances didn't vary much.
>>
>> It was the 1950s, and I don't know the engine colour.
>
> Clearly you don't know too much about anything.
>
>> Please drag your knuckles outta here!
>
> My knuckles are fine thanks Max, but your bullshit is dead in the water.

Oh, so you've got something in common with him then Fraudster...

alvey

Re: Olden days.

<j1csffFd3jaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8411&group=aus.cars#8411

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 10:12:44 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 23:12 UTC

On 9/12/21 9:23 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/12/2021 7:20 am, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Hate to burst your delusional bubble here pal, but even back in the
>>> early 1960's when the Holden Red Motor first emerged the manufacturing
>>> process was pretty automated. There wasn't a whole lot of hand operation
>>> going on, and the tolerances didn't vary much.
>>
>> It was the 1950s, and I don't know the engine colour.
>
> Clearly you don't know too much about anything.
>
>> Please drag your knuckles outta here!
>
> My knuckles are fine thanks Max, but your bullshit is dead in the water.
>
> Oh the irony, Darren telling someone else their bullshit is dead in the
water. How about *yours* Darren, all 20+ years of it? For sure, all your
bullshit claims to trade qualifications, automotive business ownership
and trade relevance are totally dead in the water.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Olden days.

<1ga477i2gf1v7$.j1rfg6qz5vc8.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8412&group=aus.cars#8412

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:17:25 +1000
 by: alvey - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 23:17 UTC

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:22:19 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 9/12/2021 7:16 am, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> His story is a load of trolling bullshit. As if Holden would let people
>>> just waltz into the foundry and go through all their parts to help
>>> themselves to whatever bits they liked.
>>>
>>> This idiot thinks people are as stupid as he is.....
>>
>> Yawnnnnn, being stooopid is like being dead; it's someone else's
>> problem.
>> The bosses & foremen used to drink at my old uncle's pub and no doubt
>> that was a factor.
>
> Of course it was :)

Remind him of your repeated claim how the Richmond coppers used to hit the
after hours piss at Chateau Gibbens in Slum St Richmond all the time. I'm
certain that'll leave an impression.

alvey

Re: Olden days.

<sch2rg114nrpucnjjgssp49p9dthocgs2n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8415&group=aus.cars#8415

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 10:55:27 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 23:55 UTC

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:22:55 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
wrote:

>On 9/12/21 7:23 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 18:51:33 +1100, Xeno <xenolith@optusnet.com.au>
>> wrote:

>> I've heard statisticians were involved in manufacturing decisions,
>> just like the Yanks taught the Japanese car makers.
>
>LOL, its rather obvious that the Yanks didn't teach the Japanese how to
>make cars, more likely the other way around.
>Some early Japanese cars were copies of British cars which they very
>significantly improved.
I was thinking of the 1960s when the Mazdas had a good reputation.
Someone I know won one in a raffle and it lasted for yonks.

Re: Olden days.

<kgh2rg1sckh1eja66cnam87budjs0d9sbv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8416&group=aus.cars#8416

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 10:56:29 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 23:56 UTC

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:28:29 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>On 8/12/2021 11:09 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> His story is a load of trolling bullshit. As if Holden would let
>>> people just waltz into the foundry and go through all their parts to
>>> help themselves to whatever bits they liked.
>>>
>>> This idiot thinks people are as stupid as he is.....
>>>

>> Not impossible but the "had contacts there" would have to be very senior
>> management so not very likely.
>> Back in the day at Ford the factory race team people might have been
>> able to "select" their own parts and I have heard stories with no way of
>> confirming them of senior management getting directly involved if they
>> wanted something special but very unlikely that an outsider could have
>> access.
>
>Yeah, but that was authorised. There's copies of the "secret"
>documentation getting around showing that it happened. Ford supporting
>their "factory" race team is just a little different than some knob
>walking into Fisherman's Bend and taking his pick of the stock because
>he has an occasional beer with some bloke down at the pub :)

* snort * yet this is what happened!

>Max needs to ask Clasener for an FLC application form....
>

>--
>--

Re: Olden days.

<cjh2rglnpbkve590tc0badievg773tbdjk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8417&group=aus.cars#8417

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 10:58:36 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 23:58 UTC

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:17:25 +1000, alvey <alvey@is.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:22:19 +1100, Noddy wrote:

>>> Yawnnnnn, being stooopid is like being dead; it's someone else's
>>> problem.
>>> The bosses & foremen used to drink at my old uncle's pub and no doubt
>>> that was a factor.
>>
>> Of course it was :)
>
>Remind him of your repeated claim how the Richmond coppers used to hit the
>after hours piss at Chateau Gibbens in Slum St Richmond all the time. I'm
>certain that'll leave an impression.
>

>alvey

Exactly. The coppers at my uncles were all in uniform after hours. No
one gave a rat's.

Re: Olden days.

<emh2rg5fe0j6vbp2n19bsj85i3au85ra0c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8418&group=aus.cars#8418

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 11:00:41 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 00:00 UTC

On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:37:57 -0000, Mountain Magpie
<nocommieshere@bluemountains.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 12:48:33 +1100, Peter Jason posted:-
>
>> In the 1950s my uncle now long dead and gone to his deserts would
>> build his own holden engine with parts directly from General Motors in
>> Fisherman's Bend Melbourne.
>> He had contacts there.
>> He and some friends would front up with an armful of measuring
>> instruments and select an flawless engine block from the stack.
>> Then from the bins pick out parts, pistons camshafts, con rods etc and
>> with the micrometers, calipers and such get as close a fit for all
>> parts to fit into the block.
>> The result gave an engine more tolerant to abuse and thrashing, though
>> he blew them all up eventually.
>> Can't do that these days, I suppose.
>>

>Did he pay for the bits and pieces?

I don't know. Perhaps they were awarded free beers, after hours, as
a consideration.

Re: Olden days.

<sorkhu$a8e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8419&group=aus.cars#8419

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:01:49 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 01:01 UTC

On 8/12/2021 2:22 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 17:11:19 +1100, Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> On 8/12/21 12:48 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> In the 1950s my uncle now long dead and gone to his deserts would
>>> build his own holden engine with parts directly from General Motors in
>>> Fisherman's Bend Melbourne.
>>> He had contacts there.
>>> He and some friends would front up with an armful of measuring
>>> instruments and select an flawless engine block from the stack.
>>
>> A Holden "flawless engine block" sounds like a fantasy, finding one that
>> was as close to blueprint spec as possible would be what you would want
>> and that would most likely happen when the tooling was new.
>> The fact that anyone felt the need to search for a "flawless engine
>> block" shows how inconsistent quality most engines were, what's worse is
>> that the car makers knew they were making junk and they didn't care.
>
> Quite so. Yet optimal selecting and fitting all the parts had to be
> an improvement.
> ...and then there's the "reconditioned" engine made up of sundry bits.
>>
>>> Then from the bins pick out parts, pistons camshafts, con rods etc and
>>> with the micrometers, calipers and such get as close a fit for all
>>> parts to fit into the block.
>>> The result gave an engine more tolerant to abuse and thrashing, though
>>> he blew them all up eventually.
>>> Can't do that these days, I suppose.
>>
>> Can't do it and don't need to, tooling, measurement, quality control and
>> the materials used in engines is vastly superior to anything made in the
>> "olden days", engine quality is much more consistent.
>
> No doubt due to computers, robots and machine tools.

Modern production techniques and those date back to the 48-215 as seen here.

https://youtu.be/dnyxTSvH6Uw?t=93

Re: Olden days.

<soroa8$s43$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8422&group=aus.cars#8422

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 13:06:00 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 02:06 UTC

On 9/12/2021 11:00 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:37:57 -0000, Mountain Magpie

>> Did he pay for the bits and pieces?
>
> I don't know. Perhaps they were awarded free beers, after hours, as
> a consideration.

Perhaps your "uncle" was just pulling your chain. You seem to be easily
amused and all.....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Olden days.

<ear2rg529cdsmalgv178ss39asdroevr93@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8423&group=aus.cars#8423

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 13:44:35 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 02:44 UTC

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 13:06:00 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>On 9/12/2021 11:00 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:37:57 -0000, Mountain Magpie
>
>>> Did he pay for the bits and pieces?
>>
>> I don't know. Perhaps they were awarded free beers, after hours, as
>> a consideration.
>
>Perhaps your "uncle" was just pulling your chain. You seem to be easily
>amused and all.....

What appalling negativism! It's all God's holy sweet truth.

Re: Olden days.

<sorrip$db9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8424&group=aus.cars#8424

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 11:01:45 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 03:01 UTC

On 9/12/2021 10:44 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 13:06:00 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/12/2021 11:00 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:37:57 -0000, Mountain Magpie

>>> I don't know. Perhaps they were awarded free beers, after hours, as
>>> a consideration.
>>
>> Perhaps your "uncle" was just pulling your chain. You seem to be easily
>> amused and all.....
>
> What appalling negativism! It's all God's holy sweet truth.

:-)

He doesn't like truth, it always gets in the way of his lies.

Re: Olden days.

<j1ddmaFg2qpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8425&group=aus.cars#8425

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:06:33 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 04:06 UTC

On 9/12/21 1:06 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/12/2021 11:00 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:37:57 -0000, Mountain Magpie
>
>>> Did he pay for the bits and pieces?
>>
>> I don't know.   Perhaps they were awarded free beers, after hours, as
>> a consideration.
>
> Perhaps your "uncle" was just pulling your chain. You seem to be easily
> amused and all.....

Perhaps you are pulling on something? Much more likely given the
bullshit you've spewed in here over 20+ years.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Olden days.

<sosh3c$1sqo$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8429&group=aus.cars#8429

From: frog...@sockpuppet.net (Rudy C)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 17:08:59 +0800
 by: Rudy C - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:08 UTC

Mountain Magpie wrote:

> Did he pay for the bits and pieces?

like the Johnny Cash song "One piece at a time", where he worked in the
GM factory?

Re: Olden days.

<soshao$lo8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8430&group=aus.cars#8430

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 17:12:49 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:12 UTC

On 9/12/2021 6:28 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 8/12/2021 11:09 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> His story is a load of trolling bullshit. As if Holden would let
>>> people just waltz into the foundry and go through all their parts to
>>> help themselves to whatever bits they liked.
>>>
>>> This idiot thinks people are as stupid as he is.....
>>>

>> Not impossible but the "had contacts there" would have to be very
>> senior management so not very likely.
>> Back in the day at Ford the factory race team people might have been
>> able to "select" their own parts and I have heard stories with no way
>> of confirming them of senior management getting directly involved if
>> they wanted something special but very unlikely that an outsider could
>> have access.
>
> Yeah, but that was authorised. There's copies of the "secret"
> documentation getting around showing that it happened.

There was nothing secret about when the IBM PC was released and plenty
of documented history to prove it, yet you claim to have had one before
anyone else in the world took delivery and rejected that evidence
wholesale like the fruitcake that you are.

Ford supporting
> their "factory" race team is just a little different than some knob
> walking into Fisherman's Bend and taking his pick of the stock because
> he has an occasional beer with some bloke down at the pub :)

You weren't there so can't know what happened.

> Max needs to ask Clasener for an FLC application form....

Re: Olden days.

<sosmq8$op9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8431&group=aus.cars#8431

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 21:46:31 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 10:46 UTC

On 9/12/2021 1:44 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 13:06:00 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/12/2021 11:00 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:37:57 -0000, Mountain Magpie

>>> I don't know. Perhaps they were awarded free beers, after hours, as
>>> a consideration.
>>
>> Perhaps your "uncle" was just pulling your chain. You seem to be easily
>> amused and all.....
>
> What appalling negativism! It's all God's holy sweet truth.

Yeah, of course it is. As long as you believe it, as no one else does.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Olden days.

<j1e6gaFkk41U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8432&group=aus.cars#8432

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 22:09:59 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 11:09 UTC

On 9/12/21 9:46 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/12/2021 1:44 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Perhaps your "uncle" was just pulling your chain. You seem to be easily
>>> amused and all.....
>>
>> What appalling negativism!  It's all God's holy sweet truth.
>
> Yeah, of course it is. As long as you believe it, as no one else does.

Yeah Darren, no one believes your claims any more. What's more, none of
the FLCJC backs you up on *any* of your claims. Hell, Daryl has often
been in your shed and never ever saw your trade papers sitting, as you
claimed, *on your desk*. You might believe your bullshit claims Darren
but narcissism acts like that - blinds you to your reality. Belay that,
*insanity* is what blinds you to your reality. Absolutely zero insight
into your own real world situation.

So, in summary, I think I am safe stating that *no one* believes your
claims Darren.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Olden days.

<0de3768e-4172-403e-899b-319368eb93b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8433&group=aus.cars#8433

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 03:26:39 -0800 (PST)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 11:26 UTC

On Thursday, 9 December 2021 at 09:28:34 UTC+11, Noddy wrote:
> On 8/12/2021 11:09 pm, Daryl wrote:

> >> His story is a load of trolling bullshit. As if Holden would let
> >> people just waltz into the foundry and go through all their parts to
> >> help themselves to whatever bits they liked.
> >>
> >> This idiot thinks people are as stupid as he is.....
> >>

> > Not impossible but the "had contacts there" would have to be very senior
> > management so not very likely.
> > Back in the day at Ford the factory race team people might have been
> > able to "select" their own parts and I have heard stories with no way of
> > confirming them of senior management getting directly involved if they
> > wanted something special but very unlikely that an outsider could have
> > access.
> Yeah, but that was authorised. There's copies of the "secret"
> documentation getting around showing that it happened. Ford supporting
> their "factory" race team is just a little different than some knob
> walking into Fisherman's Bend and taking his pick of the stock because
> he has an occasional beer with some bloke down at the pub :)
>
> Max needs to ask Clasener for an FLC application form....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No point, max is over qualified....
> --
> --
> --
> Regards,
> Noddy.

Re: Olden days.

<sosrpp$o8h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8434&group=aus.cars#8434

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:11:37 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 12:11 UTC

On 9/12/2021 6:46 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/12/2021 1:44 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Perhaps your "uncle" was just pulling your chain. You seem to be easily
>>> amused and all.....
>>
>> What appalling negativism!  It's all God's holy sweet truth.
>
> Yeah, of course it is. As long as you believe it, as no one else does.

Who made you spokesman for everyone, Sheriff? You're just a lying fraud
with no integrity that speaks too loudly for himself.

Re: Olden days.

<sosrt8$o8h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8435&group=aus.cars#8435

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:13:28 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 12:13 UTC

On 9/12/2021 5:08 pm, Rudy C wrote:
> Mountain Magpie wrote:
>>
>> Did he pay for the bits and pieces?
>>

> like the Johnny Cash song "One piece at a time", where he worked in the
> GM factory?

Prepare to be accused of being Max in 1... 2...

Re: Olden days.

<sp0usf$kpd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8438&group=aus.cars#8438

From: cram...@sintaklaas.org (Crampus)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 09:28:47 +0800
 by: Crampus - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 01:28 UTC

Noddy wrote:

> Perhaps your "uncle" was just pulling your chain. You seem to be easily
> amused and all.....

Early 80s, I knew a guy with a Valiant Regal sleeper car that went like
a rocket. He claimed that his father worked in the Chrysler factory and
fitted a blueprinted motor to his dealer order number....