Chairman of the Bored.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

SubjectAuthor
* OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoClocky
+* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoXeno
|`* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoClocky
| `- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoYosemite Sam
+* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoTrevor Wilson
|+* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or Noalvey
||`* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoTrevor Wilson
|| +* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or Noalvey
|| |+- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoTrevor Wilson
|| |+- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoClocky
|| |`- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoYosemite Sam
|| `- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoYosemite Sam
|`* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoNoddy
| +* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoTrevor Wilson
| |`* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoNoddy
| | +* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoTrevor Wilson
| | |+- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoNoddy
| | |`* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoDaryl
| | | `- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoNoddy
| | `* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoDaryl
| |  +- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoNoddy
| |  +* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or Nojonz@ nothere.com
| |  |`- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoDaryl
| |  `- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoClocky
| `* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoClocky
|  `* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoTrevor Wilson
|   `- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoClocky
+* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or Noalvey
|`* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoYosemite Sam
| `- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoClocky
+- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoSylvia Else
`* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoPeter Jason
 `* Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoSylvia Else
  `- Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or NoPeter Jason

Pages:12
OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<srp540$o0d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9698&group=aus.cars#9698

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:14:52 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:14 UTC

I vote yes.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4akrbFbbagU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9705&group=aus.cars#9705

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:39:07 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:39 UTC

On 13/1/22 11:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
> I vote yes.

I say Yes but only because Djoko is a turd. If they piss him of out of
the country, the Tennis will lose a drawcard - because he is a good
tennis player, just a prick of a person. So I'm a little torn here ATM.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<srp870$dms$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9710&group=aus.cars#9710

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:07:48 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:07 UTC

On 13/01/2022 8:39 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 13/1/22 11:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
>> I vote yes.
>
> I say Yes but only because Djoko is a turd. If they piss him of out of
> the country, the Tennis will lose a drawcard - because he is a good
> tennis player, just a prick of a person. So I'm a little torn here ATM.

I don't give a fuck about tennis. He did wrong and shouldn't be here on
that basis. Anyone else would have been denied entry and with what has
come to light since with false declaration and not isolating even
mingling with people knowing he was covid positive there is no reason he
shouldn't be sent packing.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4ao9uFc12aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9711&group=aus.cars#9711

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:39:19 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:39 UTC

On 14/01/2022 12:07 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 13/01/2022 8:39 pm, Xeno wrote:
>> On 13/1/22 11:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
>>> I vote yes.
>>
>> I say Yes but only because Djoko is a turd. If they piss him of out
>> of the country, the Tennis will lose a drawcard - because he is a
>> good tennis player, just a prick of a person. So I'm a little torn
>> here ATM.
>>

> I don't give a fuck about tennis. He did wrong and shouldn't be here
> on that basis. Anyone else would have been denied entry and with what
> has come to light since with false declaration and not isolating even
> mingling with people knowing he was covid positive there is no reason
> he shouldn't be sent packing.

yeah ppl couldn't visit dying relatives, families locked out of their
home state, but money talks!

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4bc1pFfojdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9714&group=aus.cars#9714

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 06:15:04 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 19:15 UTC

On 13/01/2022 11:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
> I vote yes.

**I vote that we deport Scummo. Then deport Novak. Scummo first.

Here is Scummo's CV:

https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/02/11/scott-morrison-career/

Who here would employ this clown? He is clearly unsuited for any job.
Particularly as PM. At least Novak can hit a little ball with a tennis
racquet.

Fuck me. They're both useless.

Douglas Addams had the right idea. Get rid of the useless 1/3rd of the
population. We'd be much better off.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<1a1ypsnu9050i$.1b209e9ul8m3h$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9715&group=aus.cars#9715

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 05:23:51 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 19:23 UTC

On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:14:52 +0800, Clocky wrote:

> I vote yes.

Yep. By my rough count he committed four covid 'offences' getting from
Serbia to Oz. And then add on big bonus demerit points for the ravings of
his demented father. No option. Deport and ban him under the 'No Dickheads'
policy.

alvey

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<1cumujftut03d.g4j9gw229wco$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9725&group=aus.cars#9725

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 07:13:15 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:13 UTC

On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 06:15:04 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> On 13/01/2022 11:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
>> I vote yes.
>
> **I vote that we deport Scummo. Then deport Novak. Scummo first.
>
> Here is Scummo's CV:
>
> https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/02/11/scott-morrison-career/
>
> Who here would employ this clown? He is clearly unsuited for any job.
> Particularly as PM. At least Novak can hit a little ball with a tennis
> racquet.
>
> Fuck me. They're both useless.
>
> Douglas Addams had the right idea. Get rid of the useless 1/3rd of the
> population. We'd be much better off.

Errrr. No. Don't you recall what happened to the remaining 2/3? They were
wiped out by a telephone borne virus. Telephone cleaners being in the 1/3.

alvey

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<srq4su$4i9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9726&group=aus.cars#9726

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:17:18 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:17 UTC

On 14/01/2022 6:15 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 13/01/2022 11:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
>> I vote yes.
>
> **I vote that we deport Scummo. Then deport Novak. Scummo first.
>
> Here is Scummo's CV:
>

> https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/02/11/scott-morrison-career/
>
> Who here would employ this clown? He is clearly unsuited for any job.
> Particularly as PM. At least Novak can hit a little ball with a tennis
> racquet.
>
> Fuck me. They're both useless.

And fuck me, you're a whackjob Trev :)

> Douglas Addams had the right idea. Get rid of the useless 1/3rd of the
> population. We'd be much better off.

Let me guess.: Bring back Julia?

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4bkpcFhe2qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9727&group=aus.cars#9727

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:44:10 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:44 UTC

On 14/01/2022 8:13 am, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 06:15:04 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> On 13/01/2022 11:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
>>> I vote yes.
>>
>> **I vote that we deport Scummo. Then deport Novak. Scummo first.
>>
>> Here is Scummo's CV:
>>
>> https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/02/11/scott-morrison-career/
>>
>> Who here would employ this clown? He is clearly unsuited for any job.
>> Particularly as PM. At least Novak can hit a little ball with a tennis
>> racquet.
>>
>> Fuck me. They're both useless.
>>
>> Douglas Addams had the right idea. Get rid of the useless 1/3rd of the
>> population. We'd be much better off.
>
> Errrr. No. Don't you recall what happened to the remaining 2/3? They were
> wiped out by a telephone borne virus. Telephone cleaners being in the 1/3.

**I wondered if someone else was an Addams fan. You got me. BTW:
Hairdressers, account executives, TV producers, insurance salesmen,
management consultants, etc were also part of the useless 1/3rd, if I
recall correctly. Scummo would fit in there very nicely.

Back in the mid-1970s I was employed as service manager for Marantz
(Australia). The company was riding high and spending money on pretty
much everything (except employees wages, of course - except the sales
team, who were supplied with Alfas). Anyway, I'm sitting there one day
and there's a knock on my (always open) door. This person came in with
some rags, a bucket and some cleaning stuff. "I'm here to clean and
sanitise your 'phone." She said. I relied: "You're not serious, are you?"

Anyway, she came back every week to clean my (and everyone else's)
'phone for about a year. The company ran into financial trouble
(profligate spending will do that) and the 'phone cleaners were the
first ones to get the heave-ho.

I still crack up at The Hitchhiker's Guide and the 'phone sanitiser
thing. What a fucking joke of a job.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4blm6FhitiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9728&group=aus.cars#9728

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:59:33 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:59 UTC

On 14/01/2022 8:17 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 6:15 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 13/01/2022 11:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
>>> I vote yes.
>>
>> **I vote that we deport Scummo. Then deport Novak. Scummo first.
>>
>> Here is Scummo's CV:
>>

>> https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/02/11/scott-morrison-career/
>>
>> Who here would employ this clown? He is clearly unsuited for any job.
>> Particularly as PM. At least Novak can hit a little ball with a tennis
>> racquet.
>>
>> Fuck me. They're both useless.
>
> And fuck me, you're a whackjob Trev :)
>
>> Douglas Addams had the right idea. Get rid of the useless 1/3rd of the
>> population. We'd be much better off.
>
> Let me guess.: Bring back Julia?

**In a heartbeat. Scummo is presently demonstrating an even lesser
ability to act like a PM, than Abbott. And Abbott was an appalling PM.
Gillard got stuff done. It seems you prefer PMs that are hopeless at the
job. The UK was using RATs a year ago!

Here's where Scummo is an idiot (this week):

PCR tests cost the gummint (taxpayer) around $100.00 per test. Last time
I looked, the wait for tests was around 5 hours at my local testing
centre. FIVE FUCKING HOURS! That is a huge cost to both individuals and
society as a whole.

RATs cost the gummint (taxpayer) around $3.00 each. Scummo doesn't want
to give tests away, because it will hurt retailers (who can't supply
tests anyway). It's just dumb. Scummo could afford to supply 30 tests to
every person who wants one, for the same cost as a PCR test. AND we
wouldn't have to wait for FIVE FUCKING HOURS in a fucking queue.

Scummo is an idiot and must go. What is worse than Scummo? The idiots
who vote for him.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<1fqyphcx8v7lh$.1n51t81yaa1qe$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9730&group=aus.cars#9730

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:21:11 +1000
 by: alvey - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 22:21 UTC

On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:44:10 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> On 14/01/2022 8:13 am, alvey wrote:

>>> **I vote that we deport Scummo. Then deport Novak. Scummo first.
>>>
>>> Here is Scummo's CV:
>>>
>>> https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/02/11/scott-morrison-career/
>>>
>>> Who here would employ this clown? He is clearly unsuited for any job.
>>> Particularly as PM. At least Novak can hit a little ball with a tennis
>>> racquet.
>>>
>>> Fuck me. They're both useless.
>>>
>>> Douglas Addams had the right idea. Get rid of the useless 1/3rd of the
>>> population. We'd be much better off.
>>
>> Errrr. No. Don't you recall what happened to the remaining 2/3? They were
>> wiped out by a telephone borne virus. Telephone cleaners being in the 1/3.
>>

> **I wondered if someone else was an Addams fan. You got me. BTW:
> Hairdressers, account executives, TV producers, insurance salesmen,
> management consultants, etc were also part of the useless 1/3rd, if I
> recall correctly.

Crikey! Imagine who Doug would put on that ship now! Celebrity chefs,
Influencers, Lifestyle gurus, anti-vaxers, rappers, Taylor Swift,
accupuncturists, LBGTIXYZers, people who post cat videos, televangelists,
graffiti vandals and a couple of shedloads more...

In the words of Chief Brody: We're gonna need a bigger boat.

alvey

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4bn7cFhs03U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9731&group=aus.cars#9731

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 09:25:49 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 22:25 UTC

On 14/01/2022 9:21 am, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:44:10 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Errrr. No. Don't you recall what happened to the remaining 2/3? They were
>>> wiped out by a telephone borne virus. Telephone cleaners being in the 1/3.
>>>

>> **I wondered if someone else was an Addams fan. You got me. BTW:
>> Hairdressers, account executives, TV producers, insurance salesmen,
>> management consultants, etc were also part of the useless 1/3rd, if I
>> recall correctly.
>
> Crikey! Imagine who Doug would put on that ship now! Celebrity chefs,
> Influencers, Lifestyle gurus, anti-vaxers, rappers, Taylor Swift,
> accupuncturists, LBGTIXYZers, people who post cat videos, televangelists,
> graffiti vandals and a couple of shedloads more...
>
> In the words of Chief Brody: We're gonna need a bigger boat.

**ROTFLMAO!

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<srqcbi$ofl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9735&group=aus.cars#9735

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 10:24:31 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 23:24 UTC

On 14/01/2022 8:59 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 8:17 am, Noddy wrote:

> **In a heartbeat. Scummo is presently demonstrating an even lesser
> ability to act like a PM, than Abbott. And Abbott was an appalling PM.
> Gillard got stuff done. It seems you prefer PMs that are hopeless at the
> job. The UK was using RATs a year ago!
>
> Here's where Scummo is an idiot (this week):

This should be good for a laugh :)

> PCR tests cost the gummint (taxpayer) around $100.00 per test. Last time
> I looked, the wait for tests was around 5 hours at my local testing
> centre. FIVE FUCKING HOURS! That is a huge cost to both individuals and
> society as a whole.

And how exactly is that the government's fault?

> RATs cost the gummint (taxpayer) around $3.00 each. Scummo doesn't want
> to give tests away, because it will hurt retailers (who can't supply
> tests anyway). It's just dumb. Scummo could afford to supply 30 tests to
> every person who wants one, for the same cost as a PCR test. AND we
> wouldn't have to wait for FIVE FUCKING HOURS in a fucking queue.

There is absolutely no need to give the things away for free in most
cases. I can afford to buy them. You can. People who find themselves in
circumstances where buying one would be difficult get them for free
anyway, and at the moment there is a push for employer groups to provide
them for their workforce which not only has the support of the unions,
but the employer groups themselves.

You need to get a grip. We live in very uncertain times that are
continually and rapidly developing. What was best practice yesterday is
not necessarily so today, and the people in power don't just wake up in
the morning and see a problem and snap their fingers to make it all
magically go away.

All governments, State and Federal of either persuasion, have been doing
what they can to deal with this but it is *incredibly* difficult and it
not helped by the apathy of the public they are trying to help. Whatever
policies are introduced for the greater good of the populace, people
will *always* complain because it doesn't suit them *specifically* and
that's a phenomena that's always going to exist as long as your arsehole
points South whenever you walk.

So suck it up Trevor. You're not the only one impacted by this.

> Scummo is an idiot and must go. What is worse than Scummo? The idiots
> who vote for him.

Hahahahaha :) Actually Trevor, what's worse than Scomo is the Opposition :)

I'd bet my left nut that if there was a snap election tomorrow you'd be
voting for Albanese, which is about as smart as shooting yourself in the
head with a shotgun and then complaining that your hat no longer fits.

Scomo is an absolute muppet, and anyone who thinks otherwise is an
idiot. You're free to complain about him all you like, but the
alternative is worse. Anthony Albanese makes Bill Shorten look
positively desirable, and he is the best chance Scomo has of being
re-elected.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4bspiFirj3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9737&group=aus.cars#9737

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:00:49 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:00 UTC

On 14/01/2022 10:24 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 8:59 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 14/01/2022 8:17 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>> **In a heartbeat. Scummo is presently demonstrating an even lesser
>> ability to act like a PM, than Abbott. And Abbott was an appalling PM.
>> Gillard got stuff done. It seems you prefer PMs that are hopeless at
>> the job. The UK was using RATs a year ago!
>>
>> Here's where Scummo is an idiot (this week):
>
> This should be good for a laugh :)
>
>> PCR tests cost the gummint (taxpayer) around $100.00 per test. Last
>> time I looked, the wait for tests was around 5 hours at my local
>> testing centre. FIVE FUCKING HOURS! That is a huge cost to both
>> individuals and society as a whole.
>
> And how exactly is that the government's fault?

**Because they could have been distributing RATs more than a YEAR ago!
Instead, they decided fill the bank accounts of the PCR testing labs
from taxpayer funds.

>> RATs cost the gummint (taxpayer) around $3.00 each. Scummo doesn't
>> want to give tests away, because it will hurt retailers (who can't
>> supply tests anyway). It's just dumb. Scummo could afford to supply 30
>> tests to every person who wants one, for the same cost as a PCR test.
>> AND we wouldn't have to wait for FIVE FUCKING HOURS in a fucking queue.
>
> There is absolutely no need to give the things away for free in most
> cases.

**They give away PCR tests.

I can afford to buy them. You can.

**Sure. If I could find one.

People who find themselves in
> circumstances where buying one would be difficult get them for free
> anyway, and at the moment there is a push for employer groups to provide
> them for their workforce which not only has the support of the unions,
> but the employer groups themselves.

**Sure. If anyone could find one.

> You need to get a grip. We live in very uncertain times that are
> continually and rapidly developing. What was best practice yesterday is
> not necessarily so today, and the people in power don't just wake up in
> the morning and see a problem and snap their fingers to make it all
> magically go away.

**We live in times where the gummint willfully and continually ignores
the experiences of foreign gummints.

> All governments, State and Federal of either persuasion, have been doing
> what they can to deal with this but it is *incredibly* difficult and it
> not helped by the apathy of the public they are trying to help.

**The public is NOT apathetic. That is evidenced by the 5 - 8 hour
queues at PCR testing places.

Whatever
> policies are introduced for the greater good of the populace, people
> will *always* complain because it doesn't suit them *specifically* and
> that's a phenomena that's always going to exist as long as your arsehole
> points South whenever you walk.

**Nope. I just want the gummint to act for the people for once, rather
than business.

> So suck it up Trevor. You're not the only one impacted by this.

**Barely. I am untroubled by it, but I see many who are.

>> Scummo is an idiot and must go. What is worse than Scummo? The idiots
>> who vote for him.
>
> Hahahahaha :) Actually Trevor, what's worse than Scomo is the Opposition :)

**How would you know? Tell us. This useless government has been running
the show for a decade. We STILL don't have a Federal ICAC.

> I'd bet my left nut that if there was a snap election tomorrow you'd be
> voting for Albanese, which is about as smart as shooting yourself in the
> head with a shotgun and then complaining that your hat no longer fits.

**I will not vote for Labor. Those cunts came to the last election with
a suite of excellent policies. They dumped them. Labor does not deserve
my vote. Or yours. Thing is this: Voting for the COALition is insane.
MUCH worse than voting for the useless cunts in Labor.

> Scomo is an absolute muppet, and anyone who thinks otherwise is an
> idiot. You're free to complain about him all you like, but the
> alternative is worse.

**How the fuck would you know? Albo has NEVER been PM. Not once. YOu
don't have a fucking clue how bad (or good) he would be. OTOH, we know,
exactly, how bad Scummo is.

Anthony Albanese makes Bill Shorten look
> positively desirable, and he is the best chance Scomo has of being
> re-elected.

**Very possibly. Scummo spins his bullshit very well. Pity he has
nothing to say.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<srqh1m$g8j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9741&group=aus.cars#9741

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:44:40 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:44 UTC

On 14/01/2022 6:21 am, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:44:10 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Errrr. No. Don't you recall what happened to the remaining 2/3? They were
>>> wiped out by a telephone borne virus. Telephone cleaners being in the 1/3.
>>>

>> **I wondered if someone else was an Addams fan. You got me. BTW:
>> Hairdressers, account executives, TV producers, insurance salesmen,
>> management consultants, etc were also part of the useless 1/3rd, if I
>> recall correctly.
>
> Crikey! Imagine who Doug would put on that ship now! Celebrity chefs,
> Influencers, Lifestyle gurus, anti-vaxers, rappers, Taylor Swift,
> accupuncturists, LBGTIXYZers, people who post cat videos, televangelists,
> graffiti vandals and a couple of shedloads more...
>
> In the words of Chief Brody: We're gonna need a bigger boat.
>

> alvey

LOL!

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4bvbqFja0fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9742&group=aus.cars#9742

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:44:42 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:44 UTC

On 13-Jan-22 11:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
> I vote yes.

Yes. We should not allow anti-vaxxers to enter the country.

Sylvia.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4bvduFj7qsU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9743&group=aus.cars#9743

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:47:09 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:47 UTC

On 14/01/2022 6:23 am, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:14:52 +0800, Clocky wrote:
>
>> I vote yes.
> Yep. By my rough count he committed four covid 'offences' getting from
> Serbia to Oz. And then add on big bonus demerit points for the ravings of
> his demented father. No option. Deport and ban him under the 'No Dickheads'
> policy.

he can only be deported for failure to comply with our laws, no other reason

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<srqh6d$g8j$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9744&group=aus.cars#9744

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:47:11 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:47 UTC

On 14/01/2022 5:17 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 6:15 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 13/01/2022 11:14 pm, Clocky wrote:
>>> I vote yes.
>>
>> **I vote that we deport Scummo. Then deport Novak. Scummo first.
>>
>> Here is Scummo's CV:
>>

>> https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/02/11/scott-morrison-career/
>>
>> Who here would employ this clown? He is clearly unsuited for any job.
>> Particularly as PM. At least Novak can hit a little ball with a tennis
>> racquet.
>>
>> Fuck me. They're both useless.
>
> And fuck me,

So yes or no?

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4bvvpFjd4dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9748&group=aus.cars#9748

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:55:21 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:55 UTC

On 14/01/2022 11:47 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 5:17 am, Noddy wrote:
>>>
>>> **I vote that we deport Scummo. Then deport Novak. Scummo first.
>>>
>>> Here is Scummo's CV:
>>>

>>> https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/02/11/scott-morrison-career/
>>>
>>> Who here would employ this clown? He is clearly unsuited for any job.
>>> Particularly as PM. At least Novak can hit a little ball with a
>>> tennis racquet.
>>>
>>> Fuck me. They're both useless.
>>
>> And fuck me,
>
> So yes or no?

**Emphatically yes. Boot the dickhead out. He's an anti-vaxxer and he
lied several times about his movements and on his application form. Word
is that he should be in trouble with the Serbian authorities too.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<srqhp7$k0l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9749&group=aus.cars#9749

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:57:14 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:57 UTC

On 14/01/2022 8:47 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 6:23 am, alvey wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:14:52 +0800, Clocky wrote:
>>
>>> I vote yes.
>> Yep. By my rough count he committed four covid 'offences' getting from
>> Serbia to Oz. And then add on big bonus demerit points for the ravings of
>> his demented father. No option. Deport and ban him under the 'No
>> Dickheads'
>> policy.
>

> he can only be deported for failure to comply with our laws, no other
> reason

In that case he should be on a plane home.

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4c0d4FjfuhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9751&group=aus.cars#9751

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:03:45 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:03 UTC

On 14/01/2022 8:44 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 8:13 am, alvey wrote:

>>> **I vote that we deport Scummo. Then deport Novak. Scummo first.
>>>
>>> Here is Scummo's CV:
>>>
>>> https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/02/11/scott-morrison-career/
>>>
>>> Who here would employ this clown? He is clearly unsuited for any job.
>>> Particularly as PM. At least Novak can hit a little ball with a tennis
>>> racquet.
>>>
>>> Fuck me. They're both useless.
>>>
>>> Douglas Addams had the right idea. Get rid of the useless 1/3rd of the
>>> population. We'd be much better off.
>>
>> Errrr. No. Don't you recall what happened to the remaining 2/3? They
>> were
>> wiped out by a telephone borne virus. Telephone cleaners being in the
>> 1/3.
>>

> **I wondered if someone else was an Addams fan. You got me. BTW:
> Hairdressers, account executives, TV producers, insurance salesmen,
> management consultants, etc  were also part of the useless 1/3rd, if I
> recall correctly. Scummo would fit in there very nicely.
>
> Back in the mid-1970s I was employed as service manager for Marantz
> (Australia).

OMG! when I bought my Marantz 1030 I thought I'd died and gone to
heaven! their products were certainly up there with the best of them, at
least in the domestic market. other notable brands at the time were Lux
and Harmon Kardon, as you would know.

> The company was riding high and spending money on pretty much
> everything (except employees wages, of course - except the sales team,
> who were supplied with Alfas). Anyway, I'm sitting there one day and
> there's a knock on my (always open) door. This person came in with
> some rags, a bucket and some cleaning stuff. "I'm here to clean and
> sanitise your 'phone." She said. I relied: "You're not serious, are you?"
>
> Anyway, she came back every week to clean my (and everyone else's)
> 'phone for about a year. The company ran into financial trouble
> (profligate spending will do that) and the 'phone cleaners were the
> first ones to get the heave-ho.
>
> I still crack up at The Hitchhiker's Guide and the 'phone sanitiser
> thing. What a fucking joke of a job.

yep. when I worked in an office in Melbourne phones were regularly
cleaned. it's because they can be used by anyone and germs transferred
from person to person.

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4c0hvFjfuhU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9753&group=aus.cars#9753

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:06:22 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:06 UTC

On 14/01/2022 9:21 am, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:44:10 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Errrr. No. Don't you recall what happened to the remaining 2/3? They were
>>> wiped out by a telephone borne virus. Telephone cleaners being in the 1/3.
>>>
>> **I wondered if someone else was an Addams fan. You got me. BTW:
>> Hairdressers, account executives, TV producers, insurance salesmen,
>> management consultants, etc were also part of the useless 1/3rd, if I
>> recall correctly.
> Crikey! Imagine who Doug would put on that ship now! Celebrity chefs,
> Influencers, Lifestyle gurus, anti-vaxers, rappers, Taylor Swift,
> accupuncturists, LBGTIXYZers, people who post cat videos, televangelists,
> graffiti vandals and a couple of shedloads more...
>
> In the words of Chief Brody: We're gonna need a bigger boat.

LOL

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<l1j1ug9efu07rva0vka97lmtrfhu76anj4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9754&group=aus.cars#9754

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:05:42 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:05 UTC

Clearly he should be hanged drawn & quartered, and the hideous result
turned into cat food!

Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<srqj8q$s0l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9757&group=aus.cars#9757

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:22:31 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:22 UTC

On 14/01/2022 11:00 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 14/01/2022 10:24 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 14/01/2022 8:59 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>> On 14/01/2022 8:17 am, Noddy wrote:
>>
>>> **In a heartbeat. Scummo is presently demonstrating an even lesser
>>> ability to act like a PM, than Abbott. And Abbott was an appalling
>>> PM. Gillard got stuff done. It seems you prefer PMs that are hopeless
>>> at the job. The UK was using RATs a year ago!
>>>
>>> Here's where Scummo is an idiot (this week):
>>
>> This should be good for a laugh :)
>>
>>> PCR tests cost the gummint (taxpayer) around $100.00 per test. Last
>>> time I looked, the wait for tests was around 5 hours at my local
>>> testing centre. FIVE FUCKING HOURS! That is a huge cost to both
>>> individuals and society as a whole.
>>
>> And how exactly is that the government's fault?
>
> **Because they could have been distributing RATs more than a YEAR ago!
> Instead, they decided fill the bank accounts of the PCR testing labs
> from taxpayer funds.

ROTFL :) I'm sure the government would prefer *not* to have to be paying
for any at all, but lets get back to reality for a moment, shall we?

Up until very recently Rapid Antigen Tests have been the least favoured
option for Covid testing because of the unreliability factor associated
with them. The problem with putting testing in the hands of people who
aren't experienced in such matters is that it creates large possibility
of tests being carried out incorrectly, and false readings as a
consequence of that. Proper pathology lab testing has an accuracy rating
of better than 90%, whereas RAT can be in the order of 60% or even less.

False negatives *and* positives are common, and with the obvious
unwanted consequences that either of those bring.

Moreover, with PCR tests the results are fed directly to the Department
of Health and that information is analysed and helps the government not
only have a reasonable idea of the severity of an outbreak, but also
with spotting trends and pinpointing outbreak locations and allowing

RAT's, on the other hand, provide *no* automatic feedback to the
Government unless the people testing themselves are motivated to do so,
and at the moment we have no idea just how many are. People who return a
positive home test may tell their *employer* that they have to take a
few days off to isolate, but they may not necessarily mention it to the
Department of Health which throws a fairly decent spanner in the works
when it comes to trying to manage the pandemic.

The problem we face now is that as the Omicron wave is completely out of
control and spreading like wildfire PCR testing simply hasn't got a hope
in hell of keeping up with the demand, so we are resorting to RAT's as a
"band-aid" measure to give people *some* way of trying to keep pace.

>>> RATs cost the gummint (taxpayer) around $3.00 each. Scummo doesn't
>>> want to give tests away, because it will hurt retailers (who can't
>>> supply tests anyway). It's just dumb. Scummo could afford to supply
>>> 30 tests to every person who wants one, for the same cost as a PCR
>>> test. AND we wouldn't have to wait for FIVE FUCKING HOURS in a
>>> fucking queue.
>>
>> There is absolutely no need to give the things away for free in most
>> cases.
>
> **They give away PCR tests.
>
>  I can afford to buy them. You can.
>
> **Sure. If I could find one.

There's a *lot* of stuff in short supply at the moment Trevor.

>  People who find themselves in
>> circumstances where buying one would be difficult get them for free
>> anyway, and at the moment there is a push for employer groups to
>> provide them for their workforce which not only has the support of the
>> unions, but the employer groups themselves.
>
> **Sure. If anyone could find one.

A the moment I can't get toilet paper, chicken breasts, fruit and vegies
and cat food. The situation will change and return to some kind of
normal, but it's going to take a few weeks until the logistic world gets
back to regular staff levels.

>> You need to get a grip. We live in very uncertain times that are
>> continually and rapidly developing. What was best practice yesterday
>> is not necessarily so today, and the people in power don't just wake
>> up in the morning and see a problem and snap their fingers to make it
>> all magically go away.
>
> **We live in times where the gummint willfully and continually ignores
> the experiences of foreign gummints.

Really? So what's your idea of foreign government policy that we should
be emulating here?

>> All governments, State and Federal of either persuasion, have been
>> doing what they can to deal with this but it is *incredibly* difficult
>> and it not helped by the apathy of the public they are trying to help.
>
> **The public is NOT apathetic. That is evidenced by the 5 - 8 hour
> queues at PCR testing places.

A good portion of them are Trevor. One thing NSW has done in a
thoroughly excellent way is show the rest of the country that when it
comes to being responsible and and complying with regulations a large
portion of the population largely doesn't give a flying fuck.

>> policies are introduced for the greater good of the populace, people
>> will *always* complain because it doesn't suit them *specifically* and
>> that's a phenomena that's always going to exist as long as your
>> arsehole points South whenever you walk.
>
> **Nope. I just want the gummint to act for the people for once, rather
> than business.

They *are* acting for the people Trevor. The fuck do you think we've
been going through for the last 2 years? Just because it doesn't seem to
be happening at a speed you're comfortable with doesn't mean what
they're doing isn't working.

We don't have 800 thousand dead people ....

>> So suck it up Trevor. You're not the only one impacted by this.
>
> **Barely. I am untroubled by it, but I see many who are.
>

>>> Scummo is an idiot and must go. What is worse than Scummo? The idiots
>>> who vote for him.
>>
>> Hahahahaha :) Actually Trevor, what's worse than Scomo is the
>> Opposition :)
>
> **How would you know? Tell us. This useless government has been running
> the show for a decade. We STILL don't have a Federal ICAC.

Do we need one? What good have the state run versions done?

>> I'd bet my left nut that if there was a snap election tomorrow you'd
>> be voting for Albanese, which is about as smart as shooting yourself
>> in the head with a shotgun and then complaining that your hat no
>> longer fits.
>
> **I will not vote for Labor. Those cunts came to the last election with
> a suite of excellent policies. They dumped them. Labor does not deserve
> my vote. Or yours.

Don't worry. That was never going to happen :)

> Thing is this: Voting for the COALition is insane.
> MUCH worse than voting for the useless cunts in Labor.

So, we vote Greens? :)

>> Scomo is an absolute muppet, and anyone who thinks otherwise is an
>> idiot. You're free to complain about him all you like, but the
>> alternative is worse.
>
> **How the fuck would you know? Albo has NEVER been PM. Not once. YOu
> don't have a fucking clue how bad (or good) he would be. OTOH, we know,
> exactly, how bad Scummo is.

So, according to you, people's past experience in politics, no matter
*how* extensive, cannot be used as any kind of yardstick as to how well
they'd do in the top job if they've never actually done it before?

My good lord..... :)

>  Anthony Albanese makes Bill Shorten look
>> positively desirable, and he is the best chance Scomo has of being
>> re-elected.
>
> **Very possibly. Scummo spins his bullshit very well. Pity he has
> nothing to say.

Scomo is like *every* other politician in the country in that he is
advised by his inner circle on how to comment in response to media
issues, and the golden rule is if there is no direct answer that is
going to fly in the eyes of the public then you make up whatever load of
bullshit that you think will.

This is why we end up with nonsensical comments like "It's not a race"
which was to cover the *real* problem of us having applied to purchase
vaccines as soon as we could but got told that we weren't a priority
case and would have to wait.

They *all* do it, and if you think that Scomo is any different you're
off your nut.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT:Poll - Should Novax Djocovid be deported? Yes or No

<j4c2k7Fjs9mU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9758&group=aus.cars#9758

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:40:23 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 01:40 UTC

On 14-Jan-22 12:05 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> Clearly he should be hanged drawn & quartered, and the hideous result
> turned into cat food!

What do you have against cats?

Sylvia.