From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: New battery design will make electric vehicles cheaper
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:28:20 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 04:28 UTC

On 11/02/2022 11:31 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 11/02/2022 1:57 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> **That is true TODAY. In ten years, that may not be the case.

>>> **Fuel costs have never been a huge part of the expense for average
>>> to low kms drivers. Those who do high kms have a different equation
>>> to satisfy. Which is why taxis are almost all Camry hybrids.

>>> **That's VW for you. In truth, it's likely to be the case for all car
>>> importers.
>>>
>>> Alternatively, I purchased this brand of LED for the Stagea:
>>>
>>> https://www.banggood.com/NovSight-A500-N50-2PCS-70W-Car-LED-Headlights-Bulbs-H1-H3-H4-H7-H11-H13-9005-9006-9007-9012-Fog-Lamps-15000LM-6500K-p-1839965.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=518371&rmmds=search
>>>

>>> Very, VERY nice. Should last a very long time.
>>>

>> Maybe. Those look exactly the same as a local company retrofitted to
>> their fleet only to have to replace them within months due to high LED
>> driver failure rates because they could not dissipate heat quick
>> enough. Obviously it's application dependent so YMMV.
>
> **They may LOOK exactly the same, but I can assure you that there are
> differences.

As I found, to my cost. The first set I purchased had a
> fault in one lamp. I ordered another, more expensive set. When they
> arrived, I put them on the bench and measured the light output on my
> light meter. The more expensive set cost about 30% more, were far better
> finished and constructed (copper heat sinking) and delivered around 70%
> more light! Well worth spending a few extra Bucks. Which I why I
> specified the Novsight brand. They are clearly a superior product.
> Critically, the ones to avoid are the ones that DON'T use an external
> driver. The ones that employ a built-in driver are problematic, because
> the fan has to cool and LED assembly and the driver.

Anything with a fan is problematic out in the field. They just don't
last. As I said, YMMV greatly depending on application.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o New battery design will make electric vehicles cheaper

By: Yosemite Sam on Tue, 8 Feb 2022

77Yosemite Sam