From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: New printer recommendations
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 20:06:32 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 19:06 UTC

On 12/09/2021 13:01, Norman Wells wrote:
> It would be handy to know the Canon model numbers recommended by Which?
> if you could let me know please. I'm familiar with Canon

I put a search into Which? for Canon all-in-one inkjet printers with
wifi and asked for the list in ascending order of price.

I then collected the quick summaries of the tester's reports, and these
are as follows.

Canon Pixma TS3350 Score 52. Price £40
Although it won't cost you a fortune to run, its print quality just
isn't good enough for us to recommend you buy it over other options that
are available.
Pros:
Affordable running costs
Decent office graphics print quality
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Good scanner
Cons:
Mediocre black-text prints
Poor photo prints
Manual double sided printing
Grainy mono copies
Combined colour cartridge

Canon Pixma MG3650S Score 58. Price £40
The Pixma MG3650S is like an indie band's tricky second album. The
MG3650 was an excellent Best Buy, but this successor hasn't hit the same
winning notes. It's a very good printer but not up there with the best
we've tested.
Pros:
Affordable printing costs
Excellent scanner and copier
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Automatic double-sided printing
Budget price
Cons:
Colour print quality worse than previous model
Some design issues

Canon TS3150 DON'T BUY Score 39.

Canon TS3151 DON'T BUY Score 39.

Canon Pixma TS3450 Score 56. Price £45
This affordable all-in-one inkjet model prints and scans reliably
enough, and it has some decent bells and whistles, including wireless
functionality and borderless photo printing. It’s expensive to run
though, guzzling ink faster than you will like.
Pros:
Sharp black text
Good photo quality
Very fast
Cons:
No automatic double-sided printing
Expensive to run

Canon Pixma TS3452 Score 56. Price 45
This affordable all-in-one inkjet model prints and scans reliably
enough, and it has some decent bells and whistles, including wireless
functionality and borderless photo printing. It’s expensive to run
though, guzzling ink faster than you will like.
Pros:
Sharp black text
Good photoquality
Very fast
Cons:
Expensive to run
No automaticdouble-sided printing

Canon Pixma TR4550 Score 56. Price £50
The Canon Pixma TR4550 improves on the TR7550 (58%) and TR8550 (56%)
models higher up the range, but still lacks the extra quality to trouble
our Best Buys.
Pros:
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Automatic document feeder
Automatic double-sided printing
Good scanner and copier
Reasonable printing costs
Good photo and images prints
Cons:
Black-text prints are mediocre
Combined colour cartridge
Tricky to access paper path and replace ink cartridges

Canon Pixma TS5150 Score 61. Price £60
It's a decent inkjet printer, but not much more than that. Print quality
is rather underwhelming but printing costs are reasonably affordable,
something not always true of Canon inkjets.
Pros:
Good at printing photos
Affordable printing costs
Lots of connectivity and network printing options
Touchscreen control
Cons:
Mediocre black text prints
Combined colour cartridge

Canon Pixma TS3451 Score 56. Price £70
This affordable all-in-one inkjet model prints and scans reliably
enough, and it has some decent bells and whistles, including wireless
functionality and borderless photo printing. It’s expensive to run
though, guzzling ink faster than you will like.
Pros:
Sharp black text
Good photo quality
Very fast
Cons:
Expensive to run
No automatic double-sided printing

Canon Pixma TS5350 Score 59. Price £70
Any printer that scores more than 60% is worth considering, but this
Canon model has only narrowly scraped into that level. Make sure you
browse all our reviews before buying.
Pros:
Good and fast black-text prints
Decent with images and graphics
Excellent scanner
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Cons:
Mediocre photo print quality
Grainy mono copies
High printing costs
Combined colour cartridge
Slow at printing photos

Canon Pixma TS5351 Score 59. Price £70
Any printer that scores more than 60% is worth considering, but this
Canon model has only narrowly scraped into that level. Make sure you
browse all our reviews before buying.
Pros:
Good and fast black-text prints
Decent with images and graphics
Excellent scanner
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Cons:
Mediocre photo print quality
Grainy mono copies
High printing costs
Combined colour cartridge
Slow at printing photos

Canon Pixma TS5352 Score 59. Price £70
Any printer that scores more than 60% is worth considering, but this
Canon model has only narrowly scraped into that level. Make sure you
browse all our reviews before buying.
Pros:
Good and fast black-text prints
Decent with images and graphics
Excellent scanner
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Cons:
Mediocre photo print quality
Grainy mono copies
High printing costs
Combined colour cartridge
Slow at printing photos

Canon TS7451 Score 55. Price £80
Quality is solid across all printing, scanning and copying jobs, but
this model can drag its heels a little with certain tasks. Worse, it’s
uneconomical to run.
Pros:
Easy to use
Good all-round performance
Useful automatic document feeder
Cons:
Expensive to run
Slow at scanning text
No SD card slot

Canon Maxify MB2150 Score 58. Price £125
Considering the price you're paying, you'd expect a better-quality
printer. There are positives, but they're rendered null by its lack of
ink efficiency.
Pros:
Good print quality
Copies and scans well
Auto document feeder
Double-sided printing
AirPrint
Wi-fi
Cons:
High ink running costs
Noisy
No ethernet

Canon Maxify MB2155 Score 57. Price £125
Considering the price you're paying, you'd expect a better-quality
printer in return. There are positives, but they're rendered null by its
lack of ink efficiency.
Pros:
Good print quality
Copies and scans well
Auto document feeder
Double-sided printing
AirPrint
Wi-fi
Cons:
High ink running costs
Noisy
No ethernet

Canon TS7450 Score 55. Price £130
Quality is solid across all printing, scanning and copying jobs, but
this model can drag its heels a little with certain tasks. Worse, it’s
decidedly uneconomical to run.
Pros:
Easy to use
Good all-round performance
Useful automatic document feeder
Cons:
Expensive to run
Slow at scanning text
No SD card slot

Canon Pixma TS5151 Score 61. Price £138
It's a decent inkjet printer, but not much more than that. Print quality
is rather underwhelming but printing costs are reasonably affordable,
something not always true of Canon inkjets.
Pros:
Good at printing photos
Affordable printing costs
Lots of connectivity and network printing options
Touchscreen control
Cons:
Mediocre black text prints
Combined colour cartridge

Canon Pixma TS8350 Score 58. Price £140
This printer is a classic case of why you should never buy a product
purely based on its specs. It promises a lot, but you'll repeatedly be
shopping to restock on ink.
Pros:
Good photo and images prints
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Memory card slot
Touchscreen control
Automatic double-sided printing
Cons:
Mediocre black text printing
Underwhelming copier
Very high printing costs

Canon Pixma TS6350 Score 61. Price £142
It's one of the better printers we've tested in the Canon Pixma TS
range, but still not good enough for us to recommend you buy it over
better options.
Pros:
Good overall print quality
Quick print speeds
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Automatic double-sided printing
Excellent scanner
Cons:
High running costs
Mediocre copier

Canon Maxify MB2750 Score 59. Price £145
Considering the price, you'd rightly expect a better-quality printer.
There are positives, but they're rendered null by its lack of ink
efficiency.
Pros:
Good print quality
Copies and scans well
Auto document feeder
Double-sided printing
AirPrint
Wi-fi
Twin paper cassette
Cons:
High ink running costs
Noisy
No ethernet

Canon Pixma TS6351 Score 61. Price £150
It's one of the better printers we've tested in the Canon Pixma TS
range, but still not good enough for us to recommend you buy it over
better options.
Pros:
Good overall print quality
Quick print speeds
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Automatic double-sided printing
Excellent scanner
Cons:
High running costs
Mediocre copier

Canon Maxify MB5150 Score 61. Price 170
There's a lot to like about this printer, including its black text print
quality, copier and features, but that's all let down by ink costs. It's
an OK back-up option, but not much more.
Pros:
Good black text prints
Great colour copies
AirPrint
Wi-fi
Auto double-sided printing
Document feeder
Cons:
High ink running costs
Noisy
Mono copies underwhelm
Office graphics prints could be better

Canon Pixma TS8351 Score 58. Price £200
This printer is a classic case of why you should never buy a product
purely based on its specs. It promises a lot, but you'll repeatedly be
shopping to restock on ink.
Pros:
Good photo and images prints
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Memory card slot
Touchscreen control
Automatic double-sided printing
Cons:
Mediocre black text printing
Underwhelming copier
Very high printing costs

Canon Pixma G3560 BEST BUY Score 74. Price £220
This all-in-one ink tank printer ticks all the right boxes, with solid
printing performance and cheap-as-chips running costs. It’s not the best
for printing photos, but it’s a well-deserved Best Buy and a solid pick
for your home office.
Pros:
Cheap to run
Good quality on black text and graphics
Wi-fi ready
Cons:
Photos could be better
No automatic double-sided printing
No document feeder

Canon Pixma TS9550 Score 58. Price £225
It's at the top of the Canon Pixma TS range, but just like its
predecessor, we weren't overly impressed with this pricey inkjet. There
are better printers available.
Pros:
A3 printing
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Automatic document feeder
Auto double sided printing
Cons:
Mixed print quality
High running costs
Prone to paper jams
Mediocre copier

Canon Maxify MB5155 Score 60. Price £250
There's a lot to like about this printer, including its black text print
quality, copier and features, but that's all let down by ink costs. It's
an OK back-up option, but not much more.
Pros:
Good black text prints
Great colour copies
AirPrint
Wi-fi
Auto double-sided printing
Document feeder
Cons:
High ink running costs
Noisy
Mono copies underwhelm
Office graphics prints could be better

Canon PIXMA GM4050 BEST BUY Score 70. Price £250
If you’re looking for a monochrome printer then the Pixma G4050 is a
fantastic machine for printing as much as you want and not having to
worry about the cost. It's a Best Buy, like other models in this range.
Pros:
Very low running costs
Reasonable print quality
Fast
Good scanner
Double-sided printing
Cons:
Copier quality could be better
Monochrome only

Canon Pixma G4511 BEST BUY Score 74. Price £270
Although its predecessor, the G4500, fell short of being a Best Buy,
Canon has got it right with this newer version. It matches good print
quality with rock-bottom running costs.
Pros:
Low running costs
Good printing quality
Document feeder
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Decent scanner
Cons:
Slow at printing photos
Mono copies grainy
Lacks automatic double-sided printing

Canon PIXMA G7050 BEST BUY Score73. Price £288
Overall, this model’s print quality is decent, and it has several useful
features. But the Pixma G7050’s real strength lies in its extremely
cheap running costs, which help to offset the price of the printer
itself. This Best Buy is one we’d recommend for a busy home or small office.
Pros:
Very cheap to run
Large paper capacity
Easy to use
Cons:
Photo printing quality could be better
Printing speeds are below average
No SD card or Bluetooth support

Canon Pixma G6050 BEST BUY Score 73. Price £335
There's a lot to like about this Canon refillable tank printer, most
notably its cheap running costs. But mixed print quality does put it
narrowly behind Best Buy rivals.
Pros:
Cheap running costs
Wi-fi
AirPrint
Automatic double-sided printing
Good scanner
Cons:
Black text and photo printing could be better
Slow at printing photos

There aren't any BEST BUY printers below your target of £200, so I will
leave it to you to decide what printer will suit you best.

Jim

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o New printer recommendations

By: Norman Wells on Sun, 12 Sep 2021