From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Petrol
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 19:31:04 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 08:31 UTC

On 24/11/2021 5:03 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 24/11/2021 1:57 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> **You need to get out more. Try LA sometime.
>>

>> I've heard that LA PT is more or less non existent but I should of
>> been more specific, I meant the civilized world such as Europe.
>> You should go to London and see what real PT is.
>>
> Actually, if you want really good public transport, go to Tokyo, or
> Japan in general.

**Agreed. Japan has a stunning public transport system. I recall
standing in a queue, waiting to board the Shinkansen. We boarded the
train and sat down. The train began to move and I said to my girlfriend:

"HA! The train is 30 seconds late. So much for this legendary Japanese
efficiency."

She replied:

"I bet your watch is wrong."

Dammit. She was right. The Shinkansen left the platform to the second.
The whole rail system for a non-Japanese speaker, was actually easier to
navigate than the Sydney system. This was in 1988, when there was very
little in the way of English signage.

That Shinkansen was very impressive. I recall looking out the window,
wondering why there was all these cars parked on the freeway. Of course
they weren't parked. They were travelling at 100kph. We were doing 275kph.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Petrol

By: keithr0 on Mon, 22 Nov 2021

347keithr0