"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." -- George Bernard Shaw

computers / alt.free.newsservers / Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

SubjectAuthor
* Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?R.Wieser
+* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?Sn!pe
|+* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?Paul Marshall
||`- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?Sn!pe
|`- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?oo DAVID KEETING
+* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registrationMarco Moock
|`* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpGrant Taylor
| +* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpAdam H. Kerman
| |`* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registrationMarco Moock
| | `* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpGrant Taylor
| |  `- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?jbyrd
| +* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?William Stickers
| |+* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registrationAnton Shepelev
| ||`* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?William Stickers
| || +- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?Sn!pe
| || `* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?none
| ||  `* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registrationAnton Shepelev
| ||   `- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registrationnoel
| |`* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registrationnoel
| | `- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registrationAdam H. Kerman
| +* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?Incubus
| |`* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpIvo Gandolfo
| | `* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?Incubus
| |  +* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpIvo Gandolfo
| |  |+* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?Bill W
| |  ||+- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?jj
| |  ||`- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpSledge
| |  |`- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpSpecOp
| |  `- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpHormel Can
| `* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registrationnoel
|  `* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?Sebastian Stan
|   +* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpSpecOp
|   |`* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?Fourragere
|   | `- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpSpecOp
|   `- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registrationnoel
`* Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?R.Wieser
 +- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?Sn!pe
 +- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpGrant Taylor
 `- Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntpIvo Gandolfo

Pages:12
Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<63f53661$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2012&group=alt.free.newsservers#2012

From: deletet...@invalid.lan (noel)
Subject: Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration
nntp servers?
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.software.nntp
Date: 22 Feb 2023 07:23:45 +1000
 by: noel - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:23 UTC

On Sat, 18 Feb 2023 15:28:07 +0000, William Stickers wrote:

> Grant Taylor wrote:
> {...}
>> Maybe the RAID failure was the straw that broke the camel's back.
>
> More than likely. If he was bringing it back he'd have found a way to
> post something to that effect. His silence is deafening.

Since their MX's still function it sounds like it, or at least notified
their peers, neither paolo or steve have responded to multiple emails
from myself and at least 2 other peers, that alone is very poor showing,
for me, if they dont reply by end of month, I'm removing their feeds, its
only common courtesy to say "hey I got big issues i'll be back when I
can", but neither CBF even doing that.

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<63f53789$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2013&group=alt.free.newsservers#2013

From: deletet...@invalid.lan (noel)
nntp servers?
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.software.nntp
Date: 22 Feb 2023 07:28:41 +1000
 by: noel - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:28 UTC

On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 01:41:02 +0300, Anton Shepelev wrote:

> none:
>
>> Did he mention the health issue?
>
> No.

That would none of our business anyway, thats a very private thing for
his friends/family only

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt3dlf$hd5$1@toxic.dizum.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2015&group=alt.free.newsservers#2015

From: made-in-...@breaks.com (Sebastian Stan)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:38:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Sebastian Stan - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:38 UTC

On 21 Feb 2023, noel <deletethis@invalid.lan> posted some

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 22:00:24 -0700, Grant Taylor wrote:
>
>> On 2/17/23 2:37 AM, Marco Moock wrote:
>>> RAID failure, recovery takes some time.
>>
>> We're well beyond the time needed to recover from a RAID failure.
>>
>> Perhaps the RAID card itself died and a new one needed to be acquired
>> which needed funding.
>>
>> Replacing a disk, even ordering it, is faster.
>>
>> Restoring from backups on a new RAID is faster.
>>
>> There's more than /just/ a RAID failure.
>>
>> Maybe the RAID failure was the straw that broke the camel's back.
>
> Why does he even have RAID, I recall not only does he just carry text
> groups, he also has stated he has a short (few months) retention period,
> he certainly doesn't need "space"

RAID - Redundant Array of Independent Disks.

It ain't there for space, 'cept mebbe 'tween yore ears Mr. Eustace Haney.

Redundancy - noun, the state of being no longer employed because there is
no more work available.

Redundancy - technical, the inclusion of extra components which are not
strictly necessary to functioning, in case of failure in other components.
"a high degree of redundancy is built into the machinery installation".

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt3fof$29qtf$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2017&group=alt.free.newsservers#2017

From: use...@bofh.team (Ivo Gandolfo)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp
servers?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 23:14:37 +0100
 by: Ivo Gandolfo - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 22:14 UTC

On 21/02/2023 16:52, Incubus wrote:
[cut]
> Thank you!
> Incubus

A lot of time ago I have started to mantain a BBS (and after that) an
usenet server. This server have changed name various time over the
year's past's. In my intentions there has never been a desire for
profit. I did it simply because I liked it.

Over time this pleasure has turned into a duty. I've never felt the need
to know who used my services, but I do statistics. About 67% of my users
are from TOR, another 12% from other anonymization services (eg VPN),
about 8% are from users without authentication, the rest are from
registered users. All my services are free-as-beer. Registered or not.

Usenet (like many other services like BBS) has been in decline for many
years now, and only enthusiasts like me keep its spirit and cooperation
alive, and I'm proud of this, even if ISPs and many other people have
forgotten how it was born internet, and its services, going to much
"cooler" things like Facebook or Instagram.

If users like you are happy and proud to find free services like mine
and being happy this makes me happy and proud in turn. And if spammers
and the like cause trouble, this is not a burden for me to carry.

Thank's to you again.

Sincerely

--
Ivo Gandolfo

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt3ies$2khv$1@news.cyber23.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2019&group=alt.free.newsservers#2019

From: nob...@example.invalid (Hormel Can)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
servers?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:03:21 -0600
 by: Hormel Can - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 23:03 UTC

On 2/21/23 09:52, Incubus wrote:
> Offhand, netfront, dizum, albasani & neodome (I think) have been forced to
> give up completely while mixmin seems to have done so partially with
> extended wait times and perhaps the venerable aioe is not coming up because
> it's just not worth the hassles of dealing with the innumerable spammers.

Spam problem is result of lacking imagination.

Block all messages originating with uzoreto and google and 99% of spam
is eliminated.

Don't peer with servers that carry binary warez and piracy groups.

Some of you have all the time in the world to troll and annoy each
other. But you don't have time to volunteer to moderate some newsgroups.
That would allow you access free of spam.

Three or more users could agree to moderate with a single moderation
mail server account, set up using IMAP, or a mailing-list proxy to the
moderation address, so that all can delete spam. Whoever is first to
notice spam just delete it from moderation queue.

Spam problem solved. Nice group where anyone can post anything that is
not spam.

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt3it3$2khv$2@news.cyber23.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2020&group=alt.free.newsservers#2020

From: spe...@op.s (SpecOp)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
servers?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:10:56 -0600
 by: SpecOp - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 23:10 UTC

On 2/21/23 15:38, Sebastian Stan wrote:
> On 21 Feb 2023, noel <deletethis@invalid.lan> posted some

>>> We're well beyond the time needed to recover from a RAID failure.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the RAID card itself died and a new one needed to be acquired
>>> which needed funding.
>>>
>>> Replacing a disk, even ordering it, is faster.
>>>
>>> Restoring from backups on a new RAID is faster.
>>>
>>> There's more than /just/ a RAID failure.
>>>
>>> Maybe the RAID failure was the straw that broke the camel's back.
>>
>> Why does he even have RAID, I recall not only does he just carry text
>> groups, he also has stated he has a short (few months) retention period,
>> he certainly doesn't need "space"
>
> RAID - Redundant Array of Independent Disks.
>
> It ain't there for space, 'cept mebbe 'tween yore ears Mr. Eustace Haney.
>
> Redundancy - noun, the state of being no longer employed because there is
> no more work available.
>
> Redundancy - technical, the inclusion of extra components which are not
> strictly necessary to functioning, in case of failure in other components.
> "a high degree of redundancy is built into the machinery installation".

Old special forces slogan for moonbeam stick and fire sticks and pairs
of socks, etc. ....... "two is one, one is none."

As soon as one breaks or is lost, you have none. If you have one
moonbeam and it breaks, you are now stuck in the dark. If you have two
moonbeams and one breaks, you have one. So two is one, and one is none.

So always have two or more. If one breaks, replace right away with two more.

This way you don't fail.

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt3jmk$2a7t4$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2022&group=alt.free.newsservers#2022

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.software.nntp
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 23:22:09 +0000
 by: Bill W - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 23:22 UTC

On Feb 21, 2023, Ivo Gandolfo wrote (in article

> About 67% of my users
> are from TOR, another 12% from other anonymization services (eg VPN),
> about 8% are from users without authentication, the rest are from
> registered users. All my services are free-as-beer. Registered or not.

How does someone post to Usenet from TOR?

The only way I know how to use TOR is via the Firefox TOR Browser Bundle.
https://www.torproject.org/download/

Is Usenet posting accessible through the TOR Firefox web browser?
How?

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt40q1$2g3dk$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2025&group=alt.free.newsservers#2025

From: jj...@none.org (jj)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.software.nntp
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 03:05:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: jj - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 03:05 UTC

On 21 Feb 2023, Bill W <nothing@nowhere.com> posted some

> On Feb 21, 2023, Ivo Gandolfo wrote (in article
>
>> About 67% of my users
>> are from TOR, another 12% from other anonymization services (eg VPN),
>> about 8% are from users without authentication, the rest are from
>> registered users. All my services are free-as-beer. Registered or not.
>
> How does someone post to Usenet from TOR?
>
> The only way I know how to use TOR is via the Firefox TOR Browser
Bundle.
> https://www.torproject.org/download/
>
> Is Usenet posting accessible through the TOR Firefox web browser?
> How?

Couple of ways.

You'll need something like sockscap or SOCAT. Depending on the server
access policy, you may also need stunnel.

If the usenet server permits Tor you can use Tor Browser to provide the
port, 9150 for example. They might also have an onion V3 address to use.

Lots of examples out there how to do it. Best way to keep the usenet
psychopaths from stalking you at work and harrassing your employer.

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<63f589f7$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2026&group=alt.free.newsservers#2026

From: deletet...@invalid.lan (noel)
nntp servers?
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.software.nntp
Date: 22 Feb 2023 13:20:23 +1000
 by: noel - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 03:20 UTC

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:38:55 +0000, Sebastian Stan wrote:

> RAID - Redundant Array of Independent Disks.

really? wow... here I was thinking it was another useless configuration
option when installing new server

> It ain't there for space, 'cept mebbe 'tween yore ears Mr. Eustace
> Haney.

no idea who that is, must be some _insert_your_country_ injoke think for
teh restr, read on

> Redundancy - technical, the inclusion of extra components which are not
> strictly necessary to functioning, in case of failure in other
> components.
> "a high degree of redundancy is built into the machinery installation".

oh wow awesome thank you /chuckles/ you made my day /chuckles again/
here I was thinking configuring those dells raid 1 for OS and raid 10 for
web on alllllllllll those host servers, and raid 1 with 3 disks on all
other servers was just because i was bored /chuckles/

my point being doofus, is it serves no point when you do what he does,
and this past 2 weeks shows exactly that, all it does it make it sound
important, of course one would expect a backup to be available
butapparently not.

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<a6c4e07f6879f62e92af92ecd20cf084@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2028&group=alt.free.newsservers#2028

Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
From: the...@proud.m (Fourragere)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 04:41:33 +0100 (CET)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";
mail-complaints-to="abuse@neodome.net"
Sender: Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com>
 by: Fourragere - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 03:41 UTC

In article <tt3it3$2khv$2@news.cyber23.de>
SpecOp <spec@op.s> wrote:

> On 2/21/23 15:38, Sebastian Stan wrote:
> > On 21 Feb 2023, noel <deletethis@invalid.lan> posted some

> >> Why does he even have RAID, I recall not only does he just carry text
> >> groups, he also has stated he has a short (few months) retention period,
> >> he certainly doesn't need "space"
> >
> > RAID - Redundant Array of Independent Disks.
> >
> > It ain't there for space, 'cept mebbe 'tween yore ears Mr. Eustace Haney.
> >
> > Redundancy - noun, the state of being no longer employed because there is
> > no more work available.
> >
> > Redundancy - technical, the inclusion of extra components which are not
> > strictly necessary to functioning, in case of failure in other components.
> > "a high degree of redundancy is built into the machinery installation".
>
> Old special forces slogan for moonbeam stick and fire sticks and pairs
> of socks, etc. ....... "two is one, one is none."
>
> As soon as one breaks or is lost, you have none. If you have one
> moonbeam and it breaks, you are now stuck in the dark. If you have two
> moonbeams and one breaks, you have one. So two is one, and one is none.
>
> So always have two or more. If one breaks, replace right away with two more.
>
> This way you don't fail.

Exactly that. Always roll two pairs of clean dry socks up in
your poncho hood because nothing hurts more than wet raw feet in
combat boots unless you get shot.

--
Semper Fi

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt52sn$2gh$1@news.cyber23.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2032&group=alt.free.newsservers#2032

From: blackh...@anonymous.invalid (Sledge)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
servers?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 06:49:57 -0600
 by: Sledge - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 12:49 UTC

On 2/21/23 17:22, Bill W wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2023, Ivo Gandolfo wrote (in article
>
>> About 67% of my users
>> are from TOR, another 12% from other anonymization services (eg VPN),
>> about 8% are from users without authentication, the rest are from
>> registered users. All my services are free-as-beer. Registered or not.
>
> How does someone post to Usenet from TOR?
>
> The only way I know how to use TOR is via the Firefox TOR Browser Bundle.
> https://www.torproject.org/download/
>
> Is Usenet posting accessible through the TOR Firefox web browser?
> How?

https://rocksolidbbs.com
https://novabbs.org

They allow free access via Tor and I2P.

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt530c$2gh$2@news.cyber23.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2033&group=alt.free.newsservers#2033

From: spe...@op.s (SpecOp)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
servers?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 06:51:54 -0600
 by: SpecOp - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 12:51 UTC

Got take a piss, Washington disinfo troll.

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt535l$2gh$3@news.cyber23.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2034&group=alt.free.newsservers#2034

From: spe...@op.s (SpecOp)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
servers?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 06:54:43 -0600
 by: SpecOp - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 12:54 UTC

On 2/21/23 21:41, Fourragere wrote:
> In article <tt3it3$2khv$2@news.cyber23.de>
> SpecOp <spec@op.s> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/21/23 15:38, Sebastian Stan wrote:
>>> On 21 Feb 2023, noel <deletethis@invalid.lan> posted some

>>> RAID - Redundant Array of Independent Disks.
>>>
>>> It ain't there for space, 'cept mebbe 'tween yore ears Mr. Eustace Haney.
>>>
>>> Redundancy - noun, the state of being no longer employed because there is
>>> no more work available.
>>>
>>> Redundancy - technical, the inclusion of extra components which are not
>>> strictly necessary to functioning, in case of failure in other components.
>>> "a high degree of redundancy is built into the machinery installation".
>>
>> Old special forces slogan for moonbeam stick and fire sticks and pairs
>> of socks, etc. ....... "two is one, one is none."
>>
>> As soon as one breaks or is lost, you have none. If you have one
>> moonbeam and it breaks, you are now stuck in the dark. If you have two
>> moonbeams and one breaks, you have one. So two is one, and one is none.
>>
>> So always have two or more. If one breaks, replace right away with two more.
>>
>> This way you don't fail.
>
> Exactly that. Always roll two pairs of clean dry socks up in
> your poncho hood because nothing hurts more than wet raw feet in
> combat boots unless you get shot.
>
> --
> Semper Fi

Sis boom fucking ooh rah. Do you post articles while wrapped in your woobie?

You can tell us, soldier. Don't be shy.

Re: Is this a current assessment of the 5 broken no registration nntp servers?

<tt550l$1h49d$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2037&group=alt.free.newsservers#2037

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
nntp servers?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:23:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:23 UTC

I'm deleting the moronic crosspost as NNTP isn't being discussed.

noel <deletethis@invalid.lan> wrote:
>On Sat, 18 Feb 2023 15:28:07 +0000, William Stickers wrote:
>>Grant Taylor wrote:

>>{...}
>>>Maybe the RAID failure was the straw that broke the camel's back.

>>More than likely. If he was bringing it back he'd have found a way to
>>post something to that effect. His silence is deafening.

>Since their MX's still function it sounds like it, or at least notified
>their peers, neither paolo or steve have responded to multiple emails
>from myself and at least 2 other peers, that alone is very poor showing,
>for me, if they dont reply by end of month, I'm removing their feeds, its
>only common courtesy to say "hey I got big issues i'll be back when I
>can", but neither CBF even doing that.

If the servers are off line, there's nothing to peer with. I don't
understand why this is an issue for you. Paolo said something about the
RAID failure and doesn't really owe you further explanation. I have no
idea if Steve said anything.

What's the big deal about re-establishing peering should the News sites
come back on line?