If you think the system is working, ask someone who's waiting for a prompt.

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

SubjectAuthor
* POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetWally J
+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15candycanearter07
|+- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
|`* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoWally J
| `- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incobadgolferman
|+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoQuellen
||+- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
||`- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
|+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incobadgolferman
||+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
|||`* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoWally J
||| `* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
|||  `* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15candycanearter07
|||   +- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
|||   +* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoDorper
|||   |+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that theirbadgolferman
|||   ||`* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoPatrick
|||   || `- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
|||   |+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
|||   ||`* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that theirbadgolferman
|||   || +- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
|||   || `* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15sms
|||   ||  `- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
|||   |`- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoWally J
|||   `- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
||`- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15sms
|`- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
+- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
+- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Ed Cryer
`* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoWally J
 `* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
  `- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoWally J

Pages:12
POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf53gl$3tnqe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2766&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2766

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 19:50:45 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 23:50 UTC

POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15
design incompetence is at the fore?

a. Will Apple blame the customers again (you're holding it wrong).
b. Will Apple secretly throttle the CPU in half again?
c. Will Apple say it's "courageously chic" for a phone to overheat?

*Will Apple _ever_ do the decent thing, or not?*

d. Will Apple come clean (for once) & recall/fix the affected iPhones?

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf543k$3stnq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2767&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2767

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 19:00:52 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 00:00 UTC

On 9/28/23 18:50, Wally J wrote:
> POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15
> design incompetence is at the fore?
>
> a. Will Apple blame the customers again (you're holding it wrong).
> b. Will Apple secretly throttle the CPU in half again?
> c. Will Apple say it's "courageously chic" for a phone to overheat?
>
> *Will Apple _ever_ do the decent thing, or not?*
>
> d. Will Apple come clean (for once) & recall/fix the affected iPhones?

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<xn0o7du1wkj59d4003@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2768&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2768

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 00:03:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 00:03 UTC

Wally J wrote:

>POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15
>design incompetence is at the fore?
>
>a. Will Apple blame the customers again (you're holding it wrong).
>b. Will Apple secretly throttle the CPU in half again?
>c. Will Apple say it's "courageously chic" for a phone to overheat?
>
> *Will Apple ever do the decent thing, or not?*
>
>d. Will Apple come clean (for once) & recall/fix the affected iPhones?

How would you fix the phone without replacing its titanium skeleton?
That seems like a non-starter to me. Maybe put a tiny fan in there and
blow the heat out the ear hole? Hardly any younger people use the
phone as a phone so they don't need that function.

I'm torn between Option a and b, but chances are the marketing
department is hard at work coming up with an even smarter way to make
people accept the shortcomings of their new phone.

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf54td$3tvl4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2769&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2769

From: quellenn...@gmx.com (Quellen)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 01:14:37 +0100
 by: Quellen - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 00:14 UTC

On 29 Sep 2023 at 12:03:12 AM, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

> How would you fix the phone without replacing its titanium skeleton?
> That seems like a non-starter to me. Maybe put a tiny fan in there and
> blow the heat out the ear hole? Hardly any younger people use the
> phone as a phone so they don't need that function.

Apple could identify the problem, and for those phones with the problem,
Apple could give people a coupon for a replacement iPhone 15 when they're
available.

Then Apple could redesign the iPhone 15 so that it doesn't overheat.

People could use their current phones, probably with a software update that
reduces performance so as to keep the temperature on the battery lower,
until Apple has a chance to figure out the problem & fix it internally.

> I'm torn between Option a and b, but chances are the marketing
> department is hard at work coming up with an even smarter way to make
> people accept the shortcomings of their new phone.

Apple won't do what I said above of course.

I predict Apple will introduce a software fix which reduces performance.
I predict Apple will say it's to extend the life of the phone for you.

Just like Apple did when they had those issues with power delivery design.
--
Cheers, Quellen

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf56et$3u7of$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2770&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2770

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:41:00 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 00:41 UTC

On 2023-09-28 17:14, Quellen wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2023 at 12:03:12 AM, badgolferman
> <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How would you fix the phone without replacing its titanium skeleton?
>> That seems like a non-starter to me. Maybe put a tiny fan in there and
>> blow the heat out the ear hole? Hardly any younger people use the
>> phone as a phone so they don't need that function.
>

> Apple could identify the problem, and for those phones with the problem,
> Apple could give people a coupon for a replacement iPhone 15 when they're
> available.
>
> Then Apple could redesign the iPhone 15 so that it doesn't overheat.
>
> People could use their current phones, probably with a software update that
> reduces performance so as to keep the temperature on the battery lower,
> until Apple has a chance to figure out the problem & fix it internally.
>
>> I'm torn between Option a and b, but chances are the marketing
>> department is hard at work coming up with an even smarter way to make
>> people accept the shortcomings of their new phone.
>
> Apple won't do what I said above of course.
>
> I predict Apple will introduce a software fix which reduces performance.
> I predict Apple will say it's to extend the life of the phone for you.
>
> Just like Apple did when they had those issues with power delivery design.

Hey, Arlen!

Have you figured that 116°F and 116°C are different yet?

:-)

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<xn0o7epgyl8qmfx004@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2778&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2778

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:59:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:59 UTC

badgolferman wrote:

>Wally J wrote:
>
>>POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15
>>design incompetence is at the fore?
>>
>>a. Will Apple blame the customers again (you're holding it wrong).
>>b. Will Apple secretly throttle the CPU in half again?
>>c. Will Apple say it's "courageously chic" for a phone to overheat?
>>
>> *Will Apple ever do the decent thing, or not?*
>>
>>d. Will Apple come clean (for once) & recall/fix the affected
>>iPhones?
>

>How would you fix the phone without replacing its titanium skeleton?
>That seems like a non-starter to me. Maybe put a tiny fan in there
>and blow the heat out the ear hole? Hardly any younger people use the
>phone as a phone so they don't need that function.
>
>I'm torn between Option a and b, but chances are the marketing
>department is hard at work coming up with an even smarter way to make
>people accept the shortcomings of their new phone.

I have amended my answer to what Apple will do.

First they will blame the "small" amount of customers who are having
this overheating problem for their configuration of the phone and the
incorrect way it's being used/charged. Next they will provide a
software fix which will throttle the CPU during those excessive heat
cycles, claiming it's for the customer's own protection. In the
meantime they will furiously redesign the iPhone 16 at great cost to
the final product.

Obviously they can't make any hardware design changes to the iPhone 15,
and providing the customers with a new phone will not make any
difference if they continue using it the same way. The fix has to be
something other than hardware changes.

--
"My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating." ~
Ashleigh Brilliant

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<knobt2Frr8mU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2780&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2780

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone
15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: 29 Sep 2023 16:21:54 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:21 UTC

On 2023-09-29, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have amended my answer to what Apple will do.

Translation: "I'm not done trolling about this yet, So I'm gonna make up
more bullshit now."

> First they will blame the "small" amount of customers who are having
> this overheating problem for their configuration of the phone and the
> incorrect way it's being used/charged. Next they will provide a
> software fix which will throttle the CPU during those excessive heat
> cycles, claiming it's for the customer's own protection. In the
> meantime they will furiously redesign the iPhone 16 at great cost to
> the final product.

Weak troll.

> Obviously they can't make any hardware design changes to the iPhone
> 15, and providing the customers with a new phone will not make any
> difference if they continue using it the same way. The fix has to be
> something other than hardware changes.

Convenient since you trolls haven't shown this to be a hardware issue in
the first place. 😉

JR

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf6ttv$bth9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2781&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2781

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 09:27:42 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:27 UTC

On 2023-09-28 16:50, Wally J wrote:
> POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15
> design incompetence is at the fore?
>
> a. Will Apple blame the customers again (you're holding it wrong).
> b. Will Apple secretly throttle the CPU in half again?
> c. Will Apple say it's "courageously chic" for a phone to overheat?
>
> *Will Apple _ever_ do the decent thing, or not?*
>
> d. Will Apple come clean (for once) & recall/fix the affected iPhones?

First, why don't we just wait and see if this is just a tempest in a
teapot, Arlen?

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf6tuc$bth9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2782&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2782

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 09:27:56 -0700

On 2023-09-28 17:00, candycanearter07 wrote:
> On 9/28/23 18:50, Wally J wrote:
>> POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15
>> design incompetence is at the fore?
>>
>> a. Will Apple blame the customers again (you're holding it wrong).
>> b. Will Apple secretly throttle the CPU in half again?
>> c. Will Apple say it's "courageously chic" for a phone to overheat?
>>
>>     *Will Apple _ever_ do the decent thing, or not?*
>>
>> d. Will Apple come clean (for once) & recall/fix the affected iPhones?

Grow up.

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf6u0b$bth9$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2783&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2783

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 09:28:59 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:28 UTC

On 2023-09-28 17:03, badgolferman wrote:
> Wally J wrote:
>
>> POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15
>> design incompetence is at the fore?
>>
>> a. Will Apple blame the customers again (you're holding it wrong).
>> b. Will Apple secretly throttle the CPU in half again?
>> c. Will Apple say it's "courageously chic" for a phone to overheat?
>>
>> *Will Apple ever do the decent thing, or not?*
>>
>> d. Will Apple come clean (for once) & recall/fix the affected iPhones?
>

> How would you fix the phone without replacing its titanium skeleton?
> That seems like a non-starter to me. Maybe put a tiny fan in there and
> blow the heat out the ear hole? Hardly any younger people use the
> phone as a phone so they don't need that function.
>
> I'm torn between Option a and b, but chances are the marketing
> department is hard at work coming up with an even smarter way to make
> people accept the shortcomings of their new phone.

Before you ask "how", "what", or "why"...

....learn to ask "if".

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf6u14$bth9$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2784&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2784

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 09:29:23 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 16:29 UTC

On 2023-09-28 17:14, Quellen wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2023 at 12:03:12 AM, badgolferman
> <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How would you fix the phone without replacing its titanium skeleton?
>> That seems like a non-starter to me. Maybe put a tiny fan in there and
>> blow the heat out the ear hole? Hardly any younger people use the
>> phone as a phone so they don't need that function.
>

> Apple could identify the problem, and for those phones with the problem,
> Apple could give people a coupon for a replacement iPhone 15 when they're
> available.
>
> Then Apple could redesign the iPhone 15 so that it doesn't overheat.
>
> People could use their current phones, probably with a software update that
> reduces performance so as to keep the temperature on the battery lower,
> until Apple has a chance to figure out the problem & fix it internally.
>
>> I'm torn between Option a and b, but chances are the marketing
>> department is hard at work coming up with an even smarter way to make
>> people accept the shortcomings of their new phone.
>
> Apple won't do what I said above of course.
>
> I predict Apple will introduce a software fix which reduces performance.
> I predict Apple will say it's to extend the life of the phone for you.
>
> Just like Apple did when they had those issues with power delivery design.

Arlen... ...just stick to one posting nym.

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf73rn$d3ct$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2789&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2789

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:08:55 -0700
 by: sms - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:08 UTC

On 9/29/2023 4:59 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> First they will blame the "small" amount of customers who are having
> this overheating problem for their configuration of the phone and the
> incorrect way it's being used/charged. Next they will provide a
> software fix which will throttle the CPU during those excessive heat
> cycles, claiming it's for the customer's own protection. In the
> meantime they will furiously redesign the iPhone 16 at great cost to
> the final product.

Unlikely that it's too late to come up with a better thermal solution in
the iPhone 16, if they already haven't done so, most likely vapor
chamber cooling like Samsung uses on the S23 series: "The Galaxy S23
series device applies a vapor chamber with enhanced heat dissipation
performance and expands the area of the vapor chamber by about 1.4–2
times compared to the previous model. In 2021 Kuo said that he believes
Apple is highly likely to incorporate vapor chamber tech into an
upcoming iPhone model. For the 15, they probably didn't realize how hot
the A17 Bionic would get.

> Obviously they can't make any hardware design changes to the iPhone 15,
> and providing the customers with a new phone will not make any
> difference if they continue using it the same way. The fix has to be
> something other than hardware changes.

That is not necessarily the case. They have made minor changes mid-model
year in the past to address issues that didn't appear until the phone
was in mass production. In the interim, they could offer heat
dissipating cases. There are several available, i.e.
<https://www.hdaccessory.com/products/perforated-heat-dissipation-case-with-magsafe-for-iphone-15-pro-white.html>
that are perforated to allow the heat to escape both from the back and
the sides and that use a heat spreader in the back to eliminate hot spots.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf74n5$d84f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2790&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2790

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:23:33 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:23 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>> Obviously they can't make any hardware design changes to the iPhone
>> 15, and providing the customers with a new phone will not make any
>> difference if they continue using it the same way. The fix has to be
>> something other than hardware changes.
>
> Convenient since you trolls haven't shown this to be a hardware issue

First off, the _topic_ is incomprehensible to the uneducated iKooks, which
is that it's valuable to _predict_ what Apple will do to make people whole.
*Clearly the iPhone 15 is defective* ... but what will Apple do about it?

Those adult predictions of what Apple will do are based on what Apple has
done in the past - which - as we all know - is always to blame the owner.
*You're holding it wrong!* says Steve Jobs.

However, sometimes Apple blames the technology - even as the only way
Apple's blame of everything except Apple didn't hold up in any court.
*The batteries made me do it!* says Tim Cook.

Hence, it's a valuable _adult endeavor_ to *predict* what Apple will do
(given the long sordid history of what Apple has done in the past).

For example, has Apple ever acted with the customers' interest in mind?

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf74st$d51m$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2791&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2791

From: ed...@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 19:25:53 +0100
 by: Ed Cryer - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:25 UTC

Wally J wrote:
> POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15
> design incompetence is at the fore?
>
> a. Will Apple blame the customers again (you're holding it wrong).
> b. Will Apple secretly throttle the CPU in half again?
> c. Will Apple say it's "courageously chic" for a phone to overheat?
>
> *Will Apple _ever_ do the decent thing, or not?*
>
> d. Will Apple come clean (for once) & recall/fix the affected iPhones?

I think they'll get out the Ouija Board and contact the ghost of Steve Jobs.
Hello Steve. We miss you. You rocked Apple, my man, with your iPod,
iPhone and then iPad. You brought the billions in. You gave Apple clout,
charisma, sex-appeal and made us all rich.
Come back, come back, come back to us. We need you here.
Oh, and if you can find Thomas Edison down there, or Michael Faraday,
bring them with you.

Ed

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf75hr$dce2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2792&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2792

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:37:47 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:37 UTC

On 2023-09-29 11:23, Wally J wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>>> Obviously they can't make any hardware design changes to the iPhone
>>> 15, and providing the customers with a new phone will not make any
>>> difference if they continue using it the same way. The fix has to be
>>> something other than hardware changes.
>>
>> Convenient since you trolls haven't shown this to be a hardware issue
>
> First off, the _topic_ is incomprehensible to the uneducated iKooks, which
> is that it's valuable to _predict_ what Apple will do to make people whole.
> *Clearly the iPhone 15 is defective* ... but what will Apple do about it?

It's not clear that the iPhone is defective.

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf7ikj$fg0s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2793&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2793

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:21:06 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 22:21 UTC

On 9/29/23 13:37, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-09-29 11:23, Wally J wrote:
>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>>> Convenient since you trolls haven't shown this to be a hardware issue
>>
>> First off, the _topic_ is incomprehensible to the uneducated iKooks,
>> which
>> is that it's valuable to _predict_ what Apple will do to make people
>> whole.
>>   *Clearly the iPhone 15 is defective* ... but what will Apple do
>> about it?
>
> It's not clear that the iPhone is defective.

But there's been heat reports.

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf7j2j$frar$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2794&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2794

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:28:35 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 22:28 UTC

On 2023-09-29 15:21, candycanearter07 wrote:
> On 9/29/23 13:37, Alan wrote:
>> On 2023-09-29 11:23, Wally J wrote:
>>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>>> First off, the _topic_ is incomprehensible to the uneducated iKooks,
>>> which
>>> is that it's valuable to _predict_ what Apple will do to make people
>>> whole.
>>>   *Clearly the iPhone 15 is defective* ... but what will Apple do
>>> about it?
>>
>> It's not clear that the iPhone is defective.
>
> But there's been heat reports.

So?

How does that prove that the iPhone is per se defective, as opposed to a
few units perhaps being defective?

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<0001HW.2AC78A950049491D7000006B72CF@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2795&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2795

From: use...@dorper.me (Dorper)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone, comp.mobile.ipad, comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:43:33 -0700
 by: Dorper - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 22:43 UTC

On Sep 29, 2023, candycanearter07 wrote
(in article <uf7ikj$fg0s$1@dont-email.me>):

> On 9/29/23 13:37, Alan wrote:
> > On 2023-09-29 11:23, Wally J wrote:
> > > Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> > > First off, the _topic_ is incomprehensible to the uneducated iKooks,
> > > which
> > > is that it's valuable to _predict_ what Apple will do to make people
> > > whole.
> > > *Clearly the iPhone 15 is defective* ... but what will Apple do
> > > about it?
> >
> > It's not clear that the iPhone is defective.
>
> But there's been heat reports.

There is a difference between a defective unit (a monitor with dead pixels, a
charger that doesn't work) and a defective product (Galaxy Note 7, BlackBerry
Storm). A defective unit is where undesired effects occur that typically do
not occur in the majority of units. A defective product is where undesired,
*unintentional* effects occur in a large % of units. If the effect is known
before release and is acceptable by the manufacturer, that just means the
product has a weakness (a poor product).

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf7o5v$gmff$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2796&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2796

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their
iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:55:43 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:12FCgSCluXnzSZAfb/Wvimh470A=
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:55 UTC

Dorper <usenet@dorper.me> wrote:
> A defective unit is where undesired effects occur that typically do
> not occur in the majority of units. A defective product is where undesired,
> *unintentional* effects occur in a large % of units. If the effect is known
> before release and is acceptable by the manufacturer, that just means the
> product has a weakness (a poor product).

Maybe no one will notice…

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf7otr$cijp$1@novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2797&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2797

From: patr...@oleary.com (Patrick)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 08:08:27 +0800
 by: Patrick - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 00:08 UTC

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:55:43 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:
>> A defective unit is where undesired effects occur that typically do
>> not occur in the majority of units. A defective product is where undesired,
>> *unintentional* effects occur in a large % of units. If the effect is known
>> before release and is acceptable by the manufacturer, that just means the
>> product has a weakness (a poor product).
>>

> Maybe no one will notice...

I have an idea.

Let's hide code in the next update release of the iPhone 15 which slows
down the processor so that the heat problem won't be noticed as much.

Then we'll quietly update the release notes and backdate them too, so that
it will look like we told them about it all along from the very beginning.

Maybe no one will notice...

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<knp8muF20djU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2798&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2798

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: 30 Sep 2023 00:33:34 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 00:33 UTC

On 2023-09-29, Dorper <usenet@dorper.me> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2023, candycanearter07 wrote
> (in article <uf7ikj$fg0s$1@dont-email.me>):

>> > It's not clear that the iPhone is defective.
>>
>> But there's been heat reports.
>
> There is a difference between a defective unit (a monitor with dead
> pixels, a charger that doesn't work) and a defective product (Galaxy
> Note 7, BlackBerry Storm). A defective unit is where undesired effects
> occur that typically do not occur in the majority of units. A
> defective product is where undesired, *unintentional* effects occur in
> a large % of units. If the effect is known before release and is
> acceptable by the manufacturer, that just means the product has a
> weakness (a poor product).

There are *numerous* reports from iPhone 15 users who say they are not
experiencing heating issues. What do you say about that?

JR

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<knp8ooF20djU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2799&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2799

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: 30 Sep 2023 00:34:32 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 00:34 UTC

On 2023-09-30, Patrick <patrick@oleary.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:55:43 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:
>>> A defective unit is where undesired effects occur that typically do
>>> not occur in the majority of units. A defective product is where
>>> undesired, *unintentional* effects occur in a large % of units. If
>>> the effect is known before release and is acceptable by the
>>> manufacturer, that just means the product has a weakness (a poor
>>> product).
>>
>> Maybe no one will notice...
>
> I have an idea.
>
> Let's hide code in the next update release of the iPhone 15 which
> slows down the processor so that the heat problem won't be noticed as
> much.

Too late. Numerous iPhone 15 owners are already reporting no issues with
heating.

> Maybe no one will notice...

Or maybe you guys are weak trolling.

JR

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<knp8q3F20djU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2800&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2800

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: 30 Sep 2023 00:35:15 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 00:35 UTC

On 2023-09-29, candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:
> On 9/29/23 13:37, Alan wrote:
>> On 2023-09-29 11:23, Wally J wrote:
>>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>>> First off, the _topic_ is incomprehensible to the uneducated iKooks,
>>> which is that it's valuable to _predict_ what Apple will do to make
>>> people whole.   *Clearly the iPhone 15 is defective* ... but what
>>> will Apple do about it?
>>
>> It's not clear that the iPhone is defective.
>
> But there's been heat reports.

But there's been plenty of reports saying no heating issues too. You
want us to ignore that?

JR

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf7r7b$h5ca$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2801&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2801

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 00:47:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:5p6jGNMj3/uFhPUcW7gDs6ijCM0=
 by: badgolferman - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 00:47 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2023-09-29, Dorper <usenet@dorper.me> wrote:
>> On Sep 29, 2023, candycanearter07 wrote
>> (in article <uf7ikj$fg0s$1@dont-email.me>):

>>> But there's been heat reports.
>>
>> There is a difference between a defective unit (a monitor with dead
>> pixels, a charger that doesn't work) and a defective product (Galaxy
>> Note 7, BlackBerry Storm). A defective unit is where undesired effects
>> occur that typically do not occur in the majority of units. A
>> defective product is where undesired, *unintentional* effects occur in
>> a large % of units. If the effect is known before release and is
>> acceptable by the manufacturer, that just means the product has a
>> weakness (a poor product).
>
> There are *numerous* reports from iPhone 15 users who say they are not
> experiencing heating issues. What do you say about that?

They must be holding it the right way…

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<knpcacF2i22U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2802&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2802

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: 30 Sep 2023 01:35:09 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 01:35 UTC

On 2023-09-30, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-09-29, Dorper <usenet@dorper.me> wrote:
>>> On Sep 29, 2023, candycanearter07 wrote
>>> (in article <uf7ikj$fg0s$1@dont-email.me>):

>>> There is a difference between a defective unit (a monitor with dead
>>> pixels, a charger that doesn't work) and a defective product (Galaxy
>>> Note 7, BlackBerry Storm). A defective unit is where undesired
>>> effects occur that typically do not occur in the majority of units.
>>> A defective product is where undesired, *unintentional* effects
>>> occur in a large % of units. If the effect is known before release
>>> and is acceptable by the manufacturer, that just means the product
>>> has a weakness (a poor product).
>>
>> There are *numerous* reports from iPhone 15 users who say they are
>> not experiencing heating issues. What do you say about that?
>
> They must be holding it the right way…

Lazy troll, as usual. Boring.

JR