Remember Darwin; building a better mousetrap merely results in smarter mice.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

SubjectAuthor
* Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Androidsms
+- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
|`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
| `* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
|  `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
+* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
|`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
| `* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
|  +* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
|  |`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
|  | `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
|  `* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
|   `* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
|    `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap AppChris
 +* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Androidsms
 |+* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
 ||`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on AndroidHank Rogers
 || `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
 |+* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Androidsms
 ||`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
 || `* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadnospam
 ||  `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loadAndy Burnelli
 |+* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap AppChris
 ||`* Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Androidsms
 || `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
 |`- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis
 `- Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App onLewis

Pages:12
Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<slrnt6ee1j.1p9l.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31208&group=comp.mobile.android#31208

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on
Android (side-loaded app)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 00:09:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 00:09 UTC

In message <250420221711545170%nospam@nospam.invalid> nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <slrnt6e0k1.1c1n.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>, Lewis
> <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>> And you can setup back tap to do *anything*, including run shortcuts
>> (which is what I have my phone set to do for two and three taps).

> well not quite anything.

> it can't stop sms and arlen from trolling and posting stupid shit
> that's easily debunked.

True, it can’t affect things that are not on or connected to the phone.

--
DODGEBALL STOPS AT THE GYM DOOR Bart chalkboard Ep. BABF12

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<slrnt6ee7a.1p9l.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31209&group=comp.mobile.android#31209

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Android (side-loaded app)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 00:12:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 00:12 UTC

In message <t470h2$fgo$1@dont-email.me> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 4/25/2022 1:15 PM, Chris wrote:

> <snip>

>> It was heavily talked about when it was first introduced. Together with
>> shortcuts it can be made to do almost anything.

> Yes, using it in conjunction with Shortcuts makes sense
> <https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/apple/tap-open-apps-ios-14-3790878/>
> but it'd be nice to be able to directly map an app to Back Tap without
> going through 13 steps!

Or, you know, ONE step.

My triple-back=tap runs a quite complicated shortcut that sends the
current URL and any URLs on the current page to a remove server, after
formatting the URLs.

--
I must admit, you brought Religion into my life. I never believed in
Hell until I met you.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<1PH9K.24730$x9Ea.4859@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31211&group=comp.mobile.android#31211

Subject: Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android
(side-loaded app)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:21:59 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 01:21 UTC

nospam wrote:
> In article <t46hoa$igl$1@dont-email.me>, sms
> <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On my iPhone Xr I have a very thick case so it doesn't trigger by accident.
>
> that has little to no effect unless your 'thick case' is spongy foam.
>
>> Hopefully Apple will enhance the Back Tap feature to add a sensitivity
>> slider and also to allow it to be used to launch any app on the phone.
>
> back tap can already launch any app on the phone as well as quite a bit
> more.

For me, back tap doesn't work at all. I guess that's because I have
a battery case. I needed it because of the puny battery in the SE
phones.

Re: Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)

<slrnt6f8sq.2d1a.g.kreme@zephyrus.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31221&group=comp.mobile.android#31221

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Android (side-loaded app)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 07:47:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 07:47 UTC

In message <1PH9K.24730$x9Ea.4859@fx45.iad> Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>> In article <t46hoa$igl$1@dont-email.me>, sms
>> <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On my iPhone Xr I have a very thick case so it doesn't trigger by accident.
>>
>> that has little to no effect unless your 'thick case' is spongy foam.
>>
>>> Hopefully Apple will enhance the Back Tap feature to add a sensitivity
>>> slider and also to allow it to be used to launch any app on the phone.
>>
>> back tap can already launch any app on the phone as well as quite a bit
>> more.
>>

> For me, back tap doesn't work at all. I guess that's because I have
> a battery case. I needed it because of the puny battery in the SE
> phones.

I am not sure it works in the SE phones at all. I know it didn't in the
original SE, but it might on the newer one?

--
It was all very well going about pure logic and how the universe was
ruled by logic and the harmony of numbers, but the plain fact was