computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Good battery usage monitor?

SubjectAuthor
* Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
+* Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J
|`* Re: Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
| `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J
|  +- Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J
|  `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
|   `- Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J
+* Re: Good battery usage monitor?David Higton
|`- Re: Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
+* Re: Good battery usage monitor?Frank Slootweg
|`* Re: Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
| `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?Frank Slootweg
|  `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
|   +* Re: Good battery usage monitor?Frank Slootweg
|   |+- Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J
|   |`- Re: Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
|   `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J
|    `- Re: Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
`* Re: Good battery usage monitor?jetjock
 `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?jetjock
  `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J
   `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J
    `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
     +- Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J
     `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
      +- Re: Good battery usage monitor?David Taylor
      `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J
       `* Re: Good battery usage monitor?The Real Bev
        `- Re: Good battery usage monitor?Wally J

Pages:12
Re: Good battery usage monitor?

<udks4t$l3qo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44694&group=comp.mobile.android#44694

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Good battery usage monitor?
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 09:50:33 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 16:50 UTC

On 9/10/23 9:11 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Huh? Didn't you read/understand my (below quoted) comments about the
>> > *screen* using the majority/rest of the battery drain!?
>>
>> The screen is listed and is, of course, the major use. I'm interested
>> in the UNLISTED usage. Current example:
>>
>> Screen 17%
>> Phone idle 10%
>> Camera 7%
>> Wifi 3%
>> Android System 2%
>> Google play services 1%
>> Android OS 1%
>> TOTAL: 41%
>> BATTERY REMAINING: 37%
>> Total: 78%
>>
>> This leaves 22% of the battery drain a mystery. Internal working?
>> Rounding error? Magic? That's the stuff I want to know about.

This shows only stuff used since the last 100% charge.

> I see. As said, my phone doesn't show the percentage used by the
> screen, hence my comments/questions.
>
> But your phone doesn't seem to show the usage for all apps. Strictly
> speaking, it lists only one app, Camera.
>
> In your original post you said "Google Play Store used 2%", but in
> this post, it mentions "Google play services", not Google Play Store.

My bad. Just sloppiness. This shows my downloading of the battery
monitor apps, not a typical activity. The only other thing I had
actually done was take a few photos and transfer them to my computer via
wifi. I might have been notified of some google chat messages that had
accumulated since I last turned wifi on. I normally leave the phone in
airplane mode with wifi turned off. Sometimes I leave bluetooth and
location turned on and sometimes not. I'd like to see how much battery
those use.

> On my phone, it lists both Google Play Services and Google Play Store
> (even when not updating) and some four normal (non-system) apps, so it's
> strange that your list doesn't list any normal apps (except Camera).

Not really; that's all I actually used.

--
Cheers, Bev
Don't you just KNOW that there is more than one

Re: Good battery usage monitor?

<udks91$l3qo$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44695&group=comp.mobile.android#44695

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 09:52:49 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 16:52 UTC

On 9/10/23 9:11 AM, Wally J wrote:
> The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> Giving AccuBattery a try. It wants some full charges before it offers
>>> an opinion about battery health. So far, so good.
>>
>> Since then it's used 3% of the battery while telling me nothing about
>> what's actually consuming the battery. Deleted.
>
> What happened with *BatteryBot Battery Indicator* by Darshan?
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.darshancomputing.BatteryIndicator>

It didn't seem to do what I want done.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Is there any way I can help without actually getting involved?"

Re: Good battery usage monitor?

<udksdi$l3qo$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44696&group=comp.mobile.android#44696

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 09:55:14 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 16:55 UTC

On 9/10/23 9:15 AM, Wally J wrote:
> The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> Huh? Didn't you read/understand my (below quoted) comments about the
>>> *screen* using the majority/rest of the battery drain!?
>>
>> The screen is listed and is, of course, the major use.
>
> As a somewhat related planning-ahead technical aside, some screens,
> apparently, use less power if the background is black versus white.
>
> For my Galaxy A325G screen, I always use a black background, partly for
> that reason, and partly because they can fingerprint your screen image.

I just don't like looking at light text on a dark background. If there
were significant battery savings I might consider biting the bullet and
switching, but I don't think it matters all that much and I really HATE
it :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
"Is there any way I can help without actually getting involved?"
-- Jennifer, WKRP

Re: Good battery usage monitor?

<udmk67$2ierd$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44699&group=comp.mobile.android#44699

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 04:47:04 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 08:47 UTC

The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Since then it's used 3% of the battery while telling me nothing about
>>> what's actually consuming the battery. Deleted.
>>
>> What happened with *BatteryBot Battery Indicator* by Darshan?
>> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.darshancomputing.BatteryIndicator>
>
> It didn't seem to do what I want done.

Thanks for reporting back as I see us all as a team where we can each test
the software more efficiently on multiple platforms than one of us alone.

BTW, even though I don't even look at my battery usage, nor do I bother to
charge the phone overnight anymore (I charge it when it needs it) I just
took a look at the native battery monitor and it doesn't tell me much.
<https://i.postimg.cc/cHVNcCjW/battery01.jpg>

All it tells me is "A full charge will last about 1d 21h".
And "2d 6h" left.

But it also says "No app usage" so I'm not sure what they calculated.
--
The beauty of Usenet is it's an interactive way to help others and to be
helped by others - spreading the joy (on any newsgroup other than Apple).