Every little picofarad has a nanohenry all its own. -- Don Vonada

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Video Games Are To Blame... Again

SubjectAuthor
* Video Games Are To Blame... AgainSpalls Hurgenson
+- Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainDimensional Traveler
+- Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainWerner P.
+* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainJAB
|`* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainSpalls Hurgenson
| `- Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainJAB
+* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainGeoff May
|`* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainJustisaur
| `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainDimensional Traveler
|  +- Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainJustisaur
|  `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainJAB
|   +* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainDimensional Traveler
|   |`- Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainJAB
|   `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainSpalls Hurgenson
|    `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainJAB
|     `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainSpalls Hurgenson
|      `- Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainJAB
`* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainSpalls Hurgenson
 `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainDimensional Traveler
  `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainJAB
   `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainDimensional Traveler
    `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainSpalls Hurgenson
     `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainDimensional Traveler
      `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainJAB
       `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainDimensional Traveler
        `* Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainSpalls Hurgenson
         `- Re: Video Games Are To Blame... AgainDimensional Traveler

Pages:12
Re: Video Games Are To Blame... Again

<g3129h5emmd7spc65tnvoe8grul7nu6be4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7408&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#7408

From: spallshu...@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Video Games Are To Blame... Again
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 13:19:32 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Fri, 27 May 2022 17:19 UTC

>>> https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/stephen-colbert-rips-dumbest-possible-080133368.html

>> I did see that one and just thought well that's a good point. If you
>> don't have any laws then the crime rate will be non-existent. Maybe have
>> a half-way house where no one is sent to gaol as that clearly doesn't
>> stop people doing bad things!

>> Another one I would have found amusing if it wasn't over such a tragic
>> situation was Ted Cruz being asked by a reporter from Sky News about the
>> issue. The basic response was to try and dodge the question, walk off,
>> then become aggressive and finally basically say if it's so bad why do
>> so many people want to come to the US.

>As for why they come to the US, because at least here they can earn a
>little more money and have a slightly higher chance of surviving being
>shot by a roving drug cartel hit squad or civil war militia.

While the American right-wing party is despicable, their (so-called)
left-wingers aren't much better, seeing as they have (nominal) control
of the Congress and - despite this - decided the best thing to do
following the tragedy was have a recess.

Mind you, if you really wanted to get support for gun control in
America, just start arming black Americans en masse. It's why
California enacted such strict gun control laws in the 70s. Even the
American rifle association was behind stricter gun control laws after
the Black Panthers started legally carrying guns. Start buying any
black person from Ohio - a licenseless open-carry state - a free
assault rifle and see how quickly all those people insisting on the
'unbreachable, constitutionally-protected right to bear arms' start
demanding a more 'nuanced' take on the law.

(It's not a tactic I'd recommend, though, seeing as how poorly
trained, racist and violent are American police... but it is a viable
strategy if you don't care about lives lost).

Re: Video Games Are To Blame... Again

<t6rjhd$cih$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7415&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#7415

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 15:32:06 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 27 May 2022 22:32 UTC

On 5/27/2022 10:19 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2022 07:37:05 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> I did see that one and just thought well that's a good point. If you
>>> don't have any laws then the crime rate will be non-existent. Maybe have
>>> a half-way house where no one is sent to gaol as that clearly doesn't
>>> stop people doing bad things!
>
>>> Another one I would have found amusing if it wasn't over such a tragic
>>> situation was Ted Cruz being asked by a reporter from Sky News about the
>>> issue. The basic response was to try and dodge the question, walk off,
>>> then become aggressive and finally basically say if it's so bad why do
>>> so many people want to come to the US.
>
>> As for why they come to the US, because at least here they can earn a
>> little more money and have a slightly higher chance of surviving being
>> shot by a roving drug cartel hit squad or civil war militia.
>
> While the American right-wing party is despicable, their (so-called)
> left-wingers aren't much better, seeing as they have (nominal) control
> of the Congress and - despite this - decided the best thing to do
> following the tragedy was have a recess.
>
> Mind you, if you really wanted to get support for gun control in
> America, just start arming black Americans en masse. It's why
> California enacted such strict gun control laws in the 70s. Even the
> American rifle association was behind stricter gun control laws after
> the Black Panthers started legally carrying guns. Start buying any
> black person from Ohio - a licenseless open-carry state - a free
> assault rifle and see how quickly all those people insisting on the
> 'unbreachable, constitutionally-protected right to bear arms' start
> demanding a more 'nuanced' take on the law.
>
> (It's not a tactic I'd recommend, though, seeing as how poorly
> trained, racist and violent are American police... but it is a viable
> strategy if you don't care about lives lost).

Texas would be a better place to do that.

As for "the liberals" controlling the government, ya, not really. Their
control of the Senate is in theory only and not real because of the
current Filibuster Rule. I'm not going to try to explain it, if you are
curious there are plenty of places on the web that will explain it. A
few of them might even do so accurately.

As for recess, those are regularly scheduled, actually do have good
reason for existing and what would be the point of cancelling it when
everyone already knows nothing will get done?

dirty old man.