From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: OT: I don't think anyone talks about flying a Cessna like this...
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 15:01:10 -0700
<u2rc4p$qins$1@dont-email.me>
<aa4568cd-1838-4982-bf60-809dff6bd157n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Alan - Thu, 4 May 2023 22:01 UTC

On 2023-05-04 14:58, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 12:01:36 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

>> Oh, and:

>>> Debt? Freudian slip? Confusing this conversation with a certain debt
>>> you owe? :-)
>>>
>>> I do remember, but as I have also stated you are comparing race cars
>>> to non race flying. My point continues to be that flying can be as
>>> intense as racing cars, but admittedly for brief periods. An
>>> apple-to-apples race car/aircraft comparison shows that aircraft are
>>> likely more intense and dangerous than cars. Consider that racing
>>> aircraft can routinely pull 7 g or more. Look at that Reno fatal
>>> accident record. High g forces break things.
>> That's not the way this went down.
>>
>> I was talking about my racing and you tried to suggest that your general
>> aviation flying was the greater pastime.
>>
>> I brought up that it requires far less focus and concentration that racing.
>>
>> And you argued endlessly that I was wrong.
>>
>> Now you want to drag the goalposts to an activity you have NEVER DONE.
>>>
>>> Of course you also have essentially zero flying experience while I
>>> have raced go karts and once drove a Nascar Sportsman car for 30
>>> minutes on a short oval.
>> Wow.
>>
>> 30 minutes, huh? How close to the limit? Did you spin even once?
>
> YOU changed the goalposts by quoting a race car driver for support. And no, I did not spin.

Nope.

The subject was always racing vs the kind of flying YOU DO, Little Shit.

And if you didn't spin, you weren't pushing limit.

Pushing the limit is what you do in road racing...

....time.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o OT: I don't think anyone talks about flying a Cessna like this...

By: Alan on Sat, 22 Apr 2023

41Alan