Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 19:00:56 -0800 (PST)
<jcmcncnilY3fHvr4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com> <CNecnaGbV8bGQ_r4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<71a9e3dc-9b1c-4d67-9b20-a6d8b28faaaen@googlegroups.com> <kWednWC8tc36aPr4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ab7caa17-ac2a-4c49-90dd-aaab1d206662n@googlegroups.com> <05608687-97ac-4838-aa06-f9322283f3ecn@googlegroups.com>
<848a75b9-5887-4a89-a326-a10ae835c691n@googlegroups.com> <d859e6e7-9692-4672-8051-c15043c5ec0dn@googlegroups.com>
<df0d4498-981b-44c2-8702-29c7545ccf31n@googlegroups.com> <1ee937ed-7220-45a6-9391-f66cf5ca5f5cn@googlegroups.com>
<ab8f407a-464d-416a-9b46-af41fcaeb8e1n@googlegroups.com> <eb4df078-c5e1-4086-9b10-f6351a66df88n@googlegroups.com>
<102a70be-332f-4cc0-ae4f-3cfd14b7cfa6n@googlegroups.com> <b6e1f834-8249-4b38-8bb6-b6c7ce5c1e1cn@googlegroups.com>
<ff2c18ea-c226-4e7b-ba3f-48568d4bab00n@googlegroups.com> <1708e5de-0a7e-47a6-85df-2974635e9729n@googlegroups.com>
<b04da73d-f019-47a2-b43a-15eaf8214c99n@googlegroups.com> <643cd676-fdf5-4298-9a02-7d698fff5143n@googlegroups.com>
<712339e8-64da-4c89-8fd4-622184d256c6n@googlegroups.com> <159265fd-541c-4d77-9019-f6c82fc103f8n@googlegroups.com>
<ea555eca-d68e-44db-9327-665e1f2b95a2n@googlegroups.com> <efeaf722-0188-43fe-be3a-16d233f2a4fcn@googlegroups.com>
<281e8bfc-dfb7-4ec1-80da-6bd5a4d20239n@googlegroups.com> <cdab3c31-d1fa-4e79-82a9-2020451673d9n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: What was Goldman Sachs thinking?????
From: recscuba...@huntzinger.com (-hh)
 by: -hh - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 03:00 UTC

On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 5:46:56 PM UTC-5, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 1:16:20 PM UTC-5, -hh wrote:

> > > The Apple card discussion did start in a different thread.
> > Nope, it is this thread.
> > > You suggested that by negotiating a cash discount you could get up to 3% off. How do you know that if you don't negotiate?
> > False, for I didn't claim to be negotiating, as my original comment was: "...what are the typical CC surcharges you’re being hit with to use a CC[?]"
> >
> > FYI, the first use of the term 'negotiate' came from you, on Dec 5, 2023, 6:37:24 PM:
> > "You are not going to negotiate with the likes of grocery store chains, online stores, restaurant
> > chains, Costco, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Why even try when you can get 2% off anyway?"
> > > Classy.org is not a charity. It's a company that helps charities put together. If you saw a number
> > > there it was an example, not an actual organization site.
> > Wrong: it is the redirect from the charity. Here's their top page, and when you click on their
> > 'donate' link it takes you to the classy.org page that I cited:
> >
> > <https://mmsc.org>
> > > The Marine Life site you cited wants a 6.6% add-on for card use! Wow, I cannot find anything even
> > > close to that number,
> > Because you've never bothered to have looked.
> >
> > > ... and there is no alternative offered!
> >
> > Sure there is: one can snail mail them a personal check.
> > > Another credit card fee article: https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0711/the-truth-about-credit-card-swipe-fees.aspx
> > > Based on this article explain how fees are routinely higher than 3.5%..
> > No need to, because your first cite from Forbes *did* explain it: there's more than one entity taking a cut.
> >
> > -hh
> Yes, the GS item was started in a different thead on how awful the Apple Card really is.

It is *this* thread. Look at the subject line you’re replying to.
Plus look here too in how it’s archived on Google:
< https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/c/a5ttOHpt3Z4>

> Cite numbers from the Forbes article please.

I already told you: continue to scroll down.

> You could mail a check, but that's not offered as an alternative on the site. My point.

They send out mailers too, particularly for prior donors.
Motivation to pay by CC online is that one might not make it within the tax year.
Plus they’ve also been in CFC for payroll deductions.

-hh

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o What was Goldman Sachs thinking?????

By: Thomas E. on Wed, 29 Nov 2023