Change your thoughts and you change your world.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Let's go Brandon!

SubjectAuthor
* Let's go Brandon!trotsky
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!ZZyXX
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!trotsky
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Lets Go Brandon Green Podcast
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+* Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
|`* Re: Let's go Brandon!BTR1701
| +* Re: Let's go Brandon!Adam H. Kerman
| |`* Re: Let's go Brandon!Dimensional Traveler
| | `- Re: Let's go Brandon!Adam H. Kerman
| `- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+* Re: Let's go Brandon!Norm Chomsky
|`- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+* Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
|`* Re: Let's go Brandon!The Horny Goat
| `- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+* Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
|`* Re: Let's go Brandon!The Horny Goat
| `* Re: Let's go Brandon!FPP
|  `* Re: Let's go Brandon!FPP
|   `* Re: Let's go Brandon!The Horny Goat
|    `* Re: Let's go Brandon!shawn
|     +* Re: Let's go Brandon!BTR1701
|     |`* Re: Let's go Brandon!FPP
|     | `- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
|     `- Re: Let's go Brandon!moviePig
+* Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
|`* Re: Let's go Brandon!BTR1701
| +- Re: Let's go Brandon!shawn
| +* Re: Let's go Brandon!trotsky
| |`- Re: Let's go Brandon!FPP
| `- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
+- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous
`- Re: Let's go Brandon!Ubiquitous

Pages:12
Re: Let's go Brandon!

<uujcs5$3sj01$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220919&group=rec.arts.tv#220919

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Let's go Brandon!
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 07:00:21 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 11:00 UTC

On 4/3/24 5:51 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Biden’s claim comes after he has faced outrage from Christians for issuing a
>> proclamation about it and posting about it on social media on Easter Sunday.
>>
>> “Today, on Transgender Day of Visibility, I have a simple message to all
>> trans Americans: I see you,” Biden wrote on X. “You are made in the image of
>> God, and you’re worthy of respect and dignity.”
>>
>> Today, on Transgender Day of Visibility, I have a simple message to
>> all trans Americans:
>>
>> I see you.
>>
>> You are made in the image of God, and you're worthy of respect and
>> dignity. pic.twitter.com/ihvsJrXEyd
>>
>> — President Biden (@POTUS) March 31, 2024
>>
>> A reporter asked Biden about the matter during the White House Easter Egg
>> Roll.
>>
>> “Mr. President, what does Easter mean to you, sir?” the reporter asked. “Sir,
>> what does Easter mean to you?”
>>
>> Biden, who claims to be a “devout Catholic,” responded: “Time for forgiveness
>> and people getting together and a little bit of love and no phoniness. Be
>> straight with people.”
>>
>> The reporter responded by highlighting criticism from House Speaker Mike
>> Johnson (R-LA) about Biden proclaiming that Sunday as Transgender Day of
>> Visibility.
>>
>> “And Mr. Speaker Johnson the other day said, sir, Speaker Johnson said you
>> betrayed the tenet of Easter by proclaiming Sunday, Easter Sunday, as
>> Transgender Day. He called it outrageous and abhorrent,” the reporter said.
>> “What do you say to Speaker Johnson?”
>>
>> “He’s thoroughly uninformed,” Biden claimed. “I didn’t do that.”
>>
>> WATCH:
>>
>> BIDEN: “He’s thoroughly uninformed.”
>>
>> During the annual Easter Egg Roll at the White House, EWTN’s
>> @owentjensen asked the President about Speaker Johnson calling out
>> the White House for proclaiming Transgender Day on Easter Sunday.
>>
>> Video by Sara Canals, DC Correspondent for…
>> pic.twitter.com/SGE0qMZrZk
>>
>> — EWTN News Nightly (@EWTNNewsNightly) April 1, 2024
>>
>> Amid the ensuing backlash, the White House issued a statement suggesting
>> Biden meant that he hadn’t been the one who established the Transgender Day
>> of Visibility or specifically chosen March 31st for its recognition this
>> year.
>>
>> “President Biden is right. He did nothing in conflict with the ‘tenets of
>> Easter,’ which he celebrated yesterday, nor did he choose the date of March
>> 31st for the Transgender Day of Visibility, which has been set sine 2009,”
>> White House Spokesman Andrew Bates told Fox News Digital in a statement.
>
> I'm afraid I disagree with Newsweek magazine's "fact checkers" in
> their declaring outrage to be 'false'
> https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-joe-biden-create-transgender-day-visibility-easter-1885518
>
> and note that the fact that Jenner took the same position as Ubi and I
> makes my point.
>
> Oh well - at least Biden didn't make his pronouncement on Good Friday

When you're in the same boat as Ubi and Jenner, maybe it's time you
learned to swim...

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<uujd4r$3sn5h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=220920&group=rec.arts.tv#220920

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 07:04:57 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 11:04 UTC

> [...]
>>> year.
>>>
>>> “President Biden is right. He did nothing in conflict with the
>>> ‘tenets of
>>> Easter,’ which he celebrated yesterday, nor did he choose the date of
>>> March
>>> 31st for the Transgender Day of Visibility, which has been set sine
>>> 2009,”
>>> White House Spokesman Andrew Bates told Fox News Digital in a statement.
>>
>> I'm afraid I disagree with Newsweek magazine's "fact checkers" in
>> their declaring outrage to be 'false'
>> https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-joe-biden-create-transgender-day-visibility-easter-1885518
>>

>> and note that the fact that Jenner took the same position as Ubi and I
>> makes my point.
>>
>> Oh well - at least Biden didn't make his pronouncement on Good Friday

Then you're dead wrong too. Read what Newsweek wrote, and tell me where
they have it wrong.

> While Biden did officially acknowledge March 31 to be TDoV, he also did so in 2021 when Easter fell on April 4 that year.
>
> The day was set by a Michigan-based advocate to raise awareness of the plight of transgender people and to celebrate their achievements.
>
> The first TDoV was celebrated in 2009 when Easter occurred on April 12. Since then, the two dates coincided only twice: in 2013 and in 2024.
>
> Biden did not invent TDoV, nor set the date to deliberately clash with Easter, which is on a different date every year.

What do you disagree with in that?

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<r3fu0jpel1djh717tl370dr9vmakdj2ns2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221126&group=rec.arts.tv#221126

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:54:07 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 23:54 UTC

On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 07:04:57 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

>> While Biden did officially acknowledge March 31 to be TDoV, he also did so in 2021 when Easter fell on April 4 that year.
>>
>> The day was set by a Michigan-based advocate to raise awareness of the plight of transgender people and to celebrate their achievements.
>>
>> The first TDoV was celebrated in 2009 when Easter occurred on April 12. Since then, the two dates coincided only twice: in 2013 and in 2024.
>>
>> Biden did not invent TDoV, nor set the date to deliberately clash with Easter, which is on a different date every year.
>
>What do you disagree with in that?

No one has suggested Biden invented TDoV nor the date - the comment
was based on which event he CHOSE to promote. Nobody would have raised
eyebrows had Biden promoted the White House Easter Egg hunt which has
gone on for years and is at least tangentially related to Easter.

Promoting TDoV the way he did is equivalent to promoting "National
Fireworks Day" as the main event going on on July 4th - though TDoV
isn't JUST what you suggest ('to celebrate their achievements') but to
promote their status at the event of THE major religious date of the
year.

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<jfgu0jdrmehs6v2v5j6pmpn245gca6m6u3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221138&group=rec.arts.tv#221138

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 20:15:04 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 00:15 UTC

On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:54:07 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 07:04:57 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> While Biden did officially acknowledge March 31 to be TDoV, he also did so in 2021 when Easter fell on April 4 that year.
>>>
>>> The day was set by a Michigan-based advocate to raise awareness of the plight of transgender people and to celebrate their achievements.
>>>
>>> The first TDoV was celebrated in 2009 when Easter occurred on April 12. Since then, the two dates coincided only twice: in 2013 and in 2024.
>>>
>>> Biden did not invent TDoV, nor set the date to deliberately clash with Easter, which is on a different date every year.
>>
>>What do you disagree with in that?
>
>No one has suggested Biden invented TDoV nor the date - the comment
>was based on which event he CHOSE to promote. Nobody would have raised
>eyebrows had Biden promoted the White House Easter Egg hunt which has
>gone on for years and is at least tangentially related to Easter.
>
>Promoting TDoV the way he did is equivalent to promoting "National
>Fireworks Day" as the main event going on on July 4th - though TDoV
>isn't JUST what you suggest ('to celebrate their achievements') but to
>promote their status at the event of THE major religious date of the
>year.

He promoted the day on the day that was chosen by members of that
group as their day of recognition over a decade ago. To suggest that
Biden (a long term Christian) chose to recognize TDoV as some sort of
slap at Christianity is... I just don't see how anyone can even
suggest it.

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<atropos-081E4F.18101704042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221159&group=rec.arts.tv#221159

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 18:10:52 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 01:10 UTC

In article <jfgu0jdrmehs6v2v5j6pmpn245gca6m6u3@4ax.com>,

> On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:54:07 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
> wrote:

> >>What do you disagree with in that?
> >
> >No one has suggested Biden invented TDoV nor the date - the comment
> >was based on which event he CHOSE to promote. Nobody would have raised
> >eyebrows had Biden promoted the White House Easter Egg hunt which has
> >gone on for years and is at least tangentially related to Easter.
> >
> >Promoting TDoV the way he did is equivalent to promoting "National
> >Fireworks Day" as the main event going on on July 4th - though TDoV
> >isn't JUST what you suggest ('to celebrate their achievements') but to
> >promote their status at the event of THE major religious date of the
> >year.
>
> He promoted the day on the day that was chosen by members of that
> group as their day of recognition over a decade ago. To suggest that
> Biden (a long term Christian) chose to recognize TDoV as some sort of
> slap at Christianity is... I just don't see how anyone can even
> suggest it.

Biden's not choosing much of anything anymore. He doesn't even choose
the flavor of pudding he gets while he watches the squirrels outside the
window.

However, it's certainly plausible that the radical left-wing staffers
that have infiltrated the administration and who are the ones actually
running things at "White House at Bernie's" very much did intend a slap
at Christianity.

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<17c342d5f4797bbd$51969$3384359$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221176&group=rec.arts.tv#221176

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 22:56:08 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: nev...@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 02:56 UTC

On 4/4/2024 8:15 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:54:07 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
> wrote:

>>> What do you disagree with in that?
>>
>> No one has suggested Biden invented TDoV nor the date - the comment
>> was based on which event he CHOSE to promote. Nobody would have raised
>> eyebrows had Biden promoted the White House Easter Egg hunt which has
>> gone on for years and is at least tangentially related to Easter.
>>
>> Promoting TDoV the way he did is equivalent to promoting "National
>> Fireworks Day" as the main event going on on July 4th - though TDoV
>> isn't JUST what you suggest ('to celebrate their achievements') but to
>> promote their status at the event of THE major religious date of the
>> year.
>
> He promoted the day on the day that was chosen by members of that
> group as their day of recognition over a decade ago. To suggest that
> Biden (a long term Christian) chose to recognize TDoV as some sort of
> slap at Christianity is... I just don't see how anyone can even
> suggest it.

But *YOU* aren't trying to -- as it were -- climb up on a cross...

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<uuotuk$1d3sl$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221211&group=rec.arts.tv#221211

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 09:22:28 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 13:22 UTC

On 4/4/24 9:10 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <jfgu0jdrmehs6v2v5j6pmpn245gca6m6u3@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:54:07 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
>> wrote:

>>> No one has suggested Biden invented TDoV nor the date - the comment
>>> was based on which event he CHOSE to promote. Nobody would have raised
>>> eyebrows had Biden promoted the White House Easter Egg hunt which has
>>> gone on for years and is at least tangentially related to Easter.
>>>
>>> Promoting TDoV the way he did is equivalent to promoting "National
>>> Fireworks Day" as the main event going on on July 4th - though TDoV
>>> isn't JUST what you suggest ('to celebrate their achievements') but to
>>> promote their status at the event of THE major religious date of the
>>> year.
>>
>> He promoted the day on the day that was chosen by members of that
>> group as their day of recognition over a decade ago. To suggest that
>> Biden (a long term Christian) chose to recognize TDoV as some sort of
>> slap at Christianity is... I just don't see how anyone can even
>> suggest it.
>
> Biden's not choosing much of anything anymore. He doesn't even choose
> the flavor of pudding he gets while he watches the squirrels outside the
> window.
>
> However, it's certainly plausible that the radical left-wing staffers
> that have infiltrated the administration and who are the ones actually
> running things at "White House at Bernie's" very much did intend a slap
> at Christianity.

Yeah, sure. We all saw Biden dodder along at the State of the Union...
meanwhile old Donnie is busy winning his own golf tournaments that he
puts on at his own golf courses.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<uup141$1dr3q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=221221&group=rec.arts.tv#221221

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 10:16:32 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 14:16 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>> He promoted the day on the day that was chosen by members of that
>> group as their day of recognition over a decade ago. To suggest that
>> Biden (a long term Christian) chose to recognize TDoV as some sort of
>> slap at Christianity is... I just don't see how anyone can even
>> suggest it.
>
>Biden's not choosing much of anything anymore. He doesn't even choose
>the flavor of pudding he gets while he watches the squirrels outside the
>window.
>
>However, it's certainly plausible that the radical left-wing staffers
>that have infiltrated the administration and who are the ones actually
>running things at "White House at Bernie's" very much did intend a slap
>at Christianity.

Am I correct in hearing Biden made no anouncments about Easter and in fact
delayed the annual Easter Egg hunt (scrubbed of all Christianity) to Monday?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<uvoo24$1lc8m$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222501&group=rec.arts.tv#222501

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 04:30:54 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to
minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday
when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at
the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way
suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.

Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon�s top Middle East policy official who is
now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever
Iran�s goal was for this attack, it fell �well short of that objective.�

�Given how significant this attack was, it is difficult to see how Israel
cannot respond,� Stroul added.

U.S. officials have asked that Israel notify the U.S. before launching any
kind of military response, CNN reported. This is the first time that Iran has
ever directly attacked the Jewish state.

CNN added that the Biden administration was urging the Israelis to have
�containment in mind� rather than escalating the attacks, even though the
administration told the network that they viewed Iran�s attack as
�disproportionate� to Israel killing the Iranian general.

The report said that Biden was focused on �preventing a full-scale regional
conflict from erupting.�

Israel�s security cabinet authorized the country�s three-man war cabinet �
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant, and
Benny Gantz � to decide the country�s response to the Iranian attack.

NBC News reported that the Biden administration was �concerned� that Israel
could launch a warranted military response �without thinking through
potential fallout afterward.�

The report said that Biden �has privately expressed concern� that Netanyahu
could get the U.S. involved in a war in the Middle East, which comes after
Biden relaxed sanctions enforcement on Iran, allowing the world�s leading
state sponsor of terrorism to make $80 billion in oil revenues.

�I don�t think they had a strategy,� a senior Biden administration official
said of Israel�s decision last week to kill an Iranian general who was
involved in helping Hamas plan and execute its October 7 massacre on Israel.

The Biden official continued to throw Israel under the bus, claiming: �The
Israelis don�t always make the best strategic decisions.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<atropos-C484FA.12474717042024@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222536&group=rec.arts.tv#222536

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:47:47 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:47 UTC

In article <uvoo24$1lc8m$8@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to
> minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday
> when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at
> the country.
>
> Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way
> suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.
>
> Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who is
> now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever
> Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that objective".

I've seen reports that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran
launched at Israel malfunctioned and fell down on Iran's own people.

You love to see it.

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<ron02jtvbj0om0nd4tou6fmaekr5qe8e5r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222560&group=rec.arts.tv#222560

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:49:18 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:49 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:47:47 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <uvoo24$1lc8m$8@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to
>> minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday
>> when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at
>> the country.
>>
>> Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way
>> suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.
>>
>> Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who is
>> now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever
>> Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that objective".
>
>I've seen reports that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran
>launched at Israel malfunctioned and fell down on Iran's own people.
>
>You love to see it.

I would hope that wasn't the case as this was supposedly a prepared
response. Meaning that Iran wasn't using hastily thrown together
weapons to attack Israel, but weaponry they had been building up over
a long time. If this was weapons that they didn't just cobble together
over the weekend then they clearly can't go to war with Israel (even
if they had the money to do so, which they don't.)

While I'm no fan of Iran, I would hate to see innocent civilians on
either side get hurt. Even if they are being hurt by defective
weapons.

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<17c750c7b545eeba$163301$3268579$10d55a65@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222592&group=rec.arts.tv#222592

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:56:41 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:56 UTC

On 4/17/24 2:47 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <uvoo24$1lc8m$8@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to
>> minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday
>> when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at
>> the country.
>>
>> Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way
>> suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.
>>
>> Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who is
>> now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever
>> Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that objective".
>
> I've seen reports

Cite?

that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran
> launched at Israel malfunctioned and fell down on Iran's own people.
>
> You love to see it.

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<uvrgt1$2bg49$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222626&group=rec.arts.tv#222626

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:14:24 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:14 UTC

On 4/18/24 3:56 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 4/17/24 2:47 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <uvoo24$1lc8m$8@dont-email.me>,
>>   Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to
>>> minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on
>>> Saturday
>>> when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and
>>> drones at
>>> the country.
>>>
>>> Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185
>>> one-way
>>> suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.
>>>
>>> Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official
>>> who is
>>> now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever
>>> Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that objective".
>>
>> I've seen reports
>

> Cite?
>

> that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran
>> launched at Israel malfunctioned and fell down on Iran's own people.
>>
>> You love to see it.

Bet it was big men... strong men. Men with tears in their eyes.
And I'll bet they started with "Sir!"

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<uvtkdt$2v5et$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222709&group=rec.arts.tv#222709

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:30:46 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to
>> minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on
>> Saturday when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles
>> and drones at the country.
>>
>> Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-
>> way suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise
>> missiles.
>>
>> Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who
>> is now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that
>> whatever Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that
>> objective".
>
>I've seen reports that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran
>launched at Israel malfunctioned and fell down on Iran's own people.

I think it's Hamas, Hezbolla, other Iranian proxies who are doing that.
I did hear, however, that Iranian media is using footage of California
wildfires and a fans at a boyband concert with their claims that they
devastated Israel with their drone and missile attack.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<Uvoo24$1lc8m$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223962&group=rec.arts.tv#223962

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 10:35:30 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 5 May 2024 14:35 UTC

Federal law enforcement officials have arrested a man from Uzbekistan
who is an alleged member of the ISIS terrorist organization and who has
been living in the U.S. for the last two years while applying for
asylum.

NBC News reported that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
recently arrested 33-year-old Jovokhir Attoev in Baltimore.

Attoev crossed the border in Arizona in February 2022, was apprehended
by Border Patrol, and claimed he was an asylum seeker, the report said.

Officials claim that they could not find any �derogatory information�
on him so they released him into the U.S. with a court date.

�Then, in May 2023, Uzbekistan put out an international notice that
Attoev was wanted in his home country for his alleged affiliation with
ISIS,� the report said. �But it was not until March 2024, almost a year
later, when the U.S. government was reviewing Attoev�s application for
asylum, that officials discovered the notice from Uzbekistan and
connected it with the man living in Maryland.�

ICE arrested him two weeks ago and he now sits in jail awaiting trial
in immigration court where the government will argue they need to keep
him locked up to learn more about his alleged ties to terrorism.

Numerous federal law enforcement officials told the publication that
the case was the perfect example of how dangerous the immigration and
asylum system is in the U.S. because it takes authorities a long time
to follow-up on those who have already crossed into the U.S. � usually
illegally.

ICE recently nabbed another terrorist who illegally entered the U.S.
and was roaming around the country freely.

Mohammad Kharwin, 48, who illegally entered the U.S. through the
southern border, �is a member of Hezb-e-Islami, or HIG, a political and
paramilitary organization that the U.S. has designated a terrorist
organization,� NBC News reported last month. He roamed the U.S. for a
full year before finally being arrested by ICE.

The Islamic terrorist group is responsible for killing multiple
American soldiers in Afghanistan from 2013 to 2015, according to U.S.
officials. The Director of National Intelligence says that Hezb-e-
Islami, or �Party of Islam,� is a �virulently anti-Western insurgent
group whose goal is to replace the Western-backed Afghan Government
with an Islamic state rooted in sharia.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<v1h7du$92fu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=224341&group=rec.arts.tv#224341

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 08 May 2024 21:03:58 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 9 May 2024 01:03 UTC

While Israel attempts to rid Gaza of the terrorist group Hamas, which
massacred over 1,200 people in Israel on October 7, the Biden
administration has undermined the war effort by refusing to notify
Congress about military aid intended for Israel, thus blocking the
delivery of the aid, according to a new report.

Although critics of Israel often cite U.S. military aid to Israel,
Tablet Magazine noted, �(N)early all military aid to Israel � other
than loan guarantees, which cost Washington nothing, the U.S. gives
Israel no other kind of aid � consists of credits that go directly from
the Pentagon to U.S. weapons manufacturers.�

According to The Wall Street Journal, despite the fact that the State
Department is required to notify Congress when the U.S. sells arms to
other countries and the price surpasses certain thresholds, officials
said the Biden administration has not notified Congress about the
proposed sale of up to 6,500 �kits that enable unguided bombs to be
steered to a target,� thus denying Israel the capacity to be more
precise in its attack and spare civilians in the process.

Additionally, officials said the Biden administration hasn�t notified
Congress about military aid, including tank ammunition, military
vehicles and mortar rounds, the Journal reported.

The Biden administration�s campaign to undermine Israel includes a
report it is expected to deliver this week as to whether the
administration contends Israel has violated U.S. or international law
in Gaza. If the Biden administration says Israel has, it could
jeopardize U.S. aid to Israel in the middle of Israel�s war against
Hamas.

On April 30, Rep. Michael T. McCaul (R-TX), the Chairman of the House
Foreign Affairs Committee, and Sen. James Risch (R-ID), the Ranking
Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, wrote a letter to
President Biden slamming his February National Security Memorandum.
�The timing of its release makes clear that its aim is to placate
critics of security assistance to our vital ally Israel,� they stated.

They continued:

NSM-20 plainly was designed to appease critics of Israel.
Following the brutal October 7, 2023, terrorist attack on
Israel by Hamas � a U.S. designated Foreign Terrorist
Organization (FTO) � Israel has been engaged in a campaign to
destroy the military and governing capacity of Hamas in Gaza.
Israel faces near-daily rocket fire from Hezbollah, another
FTO, into its northern territory (where tens of thousands of
citizens have been displaced), while Iran and Iranian-backed
proxies in Iraq, Syria, and Yemen pose grave threats to
Israel. Iran�s unprecedented drone and missile attack on April
13, 2024, was only the latest in a long series of aggressive
actions that threaten regional stability. The February 2024
release date of the NSM, and the subsequent media attention it
has generated on Israel alone, make clear that the policy is
primarily motivated to placate anti- Israel sentiment at home
and abroad.

�We urge you to revoke NSM-20, abide by the robust and vital human
rights safeguards already codified in U.S. security assistance law, and
continue to support our critical partners around the world,� they
concluded.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Let's go Brandon!

<U1h7du$93fu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=224355&group=rec.arts.tv#224355

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 07 May 2024 21:05:18 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 8 May 2024 01:05 UTC

Gen Z is mostly young adults in their early to mid-20s.

Generation Z�s efforts to be financially independent are slowed by
their mounting personal debt, a problem that appears only to be getting
worse for the youngest adults.

Gen Z young adults in their early to mid-20s, most of whom have just
entered the workforce or are trying to do so, are plagued by stubbornly
low wages and record inflation over the past few years, pushing them
into debt, The Wall Street Journal reported. Those born between 1997
and 2012 are generally considered to be part of Generation Z.

Many turn to credit cards just to cover the basics like food and rent.

For young adults 22 to 24, the average credit card balance was $2,834
in the last quarter of 2023, according to credit-reporting agency
TransUnion. Back in 2013, the average balance for this group was only
$2,248, adjusted for inflation.

Rent is likely the main driver of young people�s climbing debt. It is
now cheaper to rent than to buy property.

Thanks to rising housing prices and mortgage rates, renting a two-
bedroom residence is cheaper than buying that property for about 89% of
Americans, according to a November analysis by The Economist.

In March, the median rent in the U.S. was $1,987, up nearly 22%
compared to the past four years, according to Rent, an online rental
marketplace that targets young adults.

Meanwhile, wages have not increased nearly that much.

Last year, the median annual wage for recent college graduates was
$60,000, not much higher than $58,858 in 2020, according to Federal
Reserve of New York data.

Meanwhile, after the pandemic, credit card companies made it easier for
people to get credit cards. This led to more Gen Z young adults opening
accounts � they were more likely to have at least one credit card
compared with millennials a decade ago, according to data from
TransUnion.

During the pandemic, many people�s credit scores, including Gen Z�s,
rose as stimulus checks hit bank accounts and many places to spend
money remained temporarily shuttered. However, rising interest rates
have driven down both Gen Z�s and millennials� credit scores since the
pandemic.

Student debt is another huge debt driver among today�s young adults.
Many leftist loan holders demand taxpayers foot the bill for their loan
forgiveness. At the same time, critics blame former students for taking
on an unreasonable amount of debt at 18, even though, in many cases,
their parents assured them that it was a good investment and did not
predict the soaring inflation of the last few years.

This confluence of financial stressors is causing young people to delay
marriage, having children, and homeownership until they can support
themselves, not to mention dependents.

--
Let's go Brandon!